I used to think that bad writing alone couldn't ruin a game until I played Fallout 4. It's shooting mechanics are fine...

I used to think that bad writing alone couldn't ruin a game until I played Fallout 4. It's shooting mechanics are fine, especially when the health bloat and recoil correction is modded away. Aesthetically, I actually like its color palette choice and environmental designs (reminds me of Ralph McQuarrie or other 50's-60's pulp scifi artists), and found them to be far more Fallout-y than Fallout 3's, and even New Vegas's to an extent, looks. I can even forgive the casualization of character building and voiced protag. But the writing just completely takes me out of it and leaves me with a very mediocre experience. I feel no real interest in the world and no motivation to do anything in this game just because the quest lines are so shit.

Attached: Fallout-4.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32599
fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Melissa_Lewis
flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/albums/72157629320774861/page1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck was up with the voice acting of that old lady next to the wooden ship?

Attached: CD774513-A07D-453B-A0DB-AD83C3854276.jpg (600x607, 31K)

why does your post read like an alcoholic anonymous speech

Most of the VAs in FO4 are trying to do a Boston accent and failing.

The writting began getting on nerves with them never droping shaun. The boiling point for me was when you meet piper and are forced to talk about how much you miss some worthless npc. Fuck that gay shit bethesda no one cares about your shitty characters.

>I used to think that bad writing alone couldn't ruin a game
You've clearly never played a Japanese game then.

Reminds me of the two innkeeper guys you meet in Diamond City. Why the fuck do they have Russian accents 200 years after the bombs fell? How the fuck does that make any sense?

You ever use those mods that write out dialogue choices and all the choices are the exact fucking same
It would be better without the brutally tiny rpg elements like picking one of four of the same choice. Imagine being bethesda and paying millions of dollars for voice work for four of the same sentences.

I reckon Bethesda will remake the first two games, they can justify removing all the questionable changes they introduced in 4

>Why the fuck do they have Russian accents 200 years after the bombs fell?
Same reason there's a New Zealand accent in New Vegas. The people making these games aren't taking them quite as seriously as you autists are.

It doesn’t help at all that the male VA sounds so disinterested in everything. I had to go back and restart as the female PC because he was just that bad.

I would love fallout 3 and new vegas on to 4s engine
But I dont see them making 1 and 2 on gamebyro if thats what you mean

Fallout 76 unironically has the worst writing prose of the entire series.
>"When the bombs dropped, it was really bad. A lot of people died."

Fallout 4 was the first Bethesda game where I didn't feel the need to ENB it or change the outside lighting. The pre-war tech (that's not guns or armor) has never looked better. Like environmental art direction is one of the few areas where FO4 just totally wallops New Vegas.

Attached: spaceship_o_city_ralph-mcquarrie.jpg (1200x800, 174K)

nah, Boston was cluttered and felt claustrophobic, design was all over the place. Even Fallout 3 had better art direction.

Just use Frost and Pilgrim and make it art-deco Stalker.

NV, as much as I love it, has a really bad art direction and all around presentation. You can't do deserts justice on the Gamebyro engine. Also, while we're on the topic of good things that Fallout 4 does, I like the combat tracks.

Attached: FalloutNV%202010-11-28%2017-34-22-35.jpg (2560x1440, 437K)

STOOOOOP
FUCKING
MAKING
THREAD
LIKE THESE
FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
DOWNLOAD AND PLAY THIS INSTEAD
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32599
THERE, FALLOUT 4 IS NOW FIXED
FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
IT HAS TO BE TODD MAKING THESE THREADS I SWEAR

Attached: 1554032092395.png (215x215, 76K)

is the rest of the world even mentioned in the games? ever since Moriarty in 3 i wondered if people actually migrating to america at that point would even be a thing, can they even cross the ocean?
i'd be less skeptical about it if i could remember any mention of shit like that

Fallout 3's art direction was horrible.

You mean there's Russians who actually speak with the nonsense accent that's passed off as a "Russian accent" in Western media, and they got hired by Bethesda for FO4?

Because the NZ accent is from an NZ VA speaking her natural accent and nobody at Obsidian giving enough of a shit to do something about it. Russians don't speak like that.

And Fallout's 4 was better how, exactly? Sure, DC felt like an empty wasteland in shades of grey, except that's something you could expect from a post-apocalyptic city. It was lazy, but it worked. Boston literally feels like a cramped succession of aggro zones overloaded with muh wacky 50s retrofuturism. It looks like a fucking theme park.

>can they even cross the ocean
no, nobody can
>why
pic related

Attached: BpELUL9.png (900x600, 357K)

Who had the NZ accent in New Vegas? I can’t remember anyone like that at all.

There's no fucking way a line like that is actually in a AAA game. I don't believe you.

I think you might've played a mod created in NZ, user.

yeah giant sea monsters would probably do it

Nah, Fallout 3 was ugly and very steampunky instead of 50's retro. It probably did have better layout and world design than Fallout 4 though.

Attached: 7c3d3766765b8d8b318c005e5909b014.jpg (1167x811, 141K)

fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Melissa_Lewis
>Melissa has a strong New Zealand accent

Meant for

I liked Adam Adamowicz's artstyle better, but I see where you're coming from.

I kinda liked that it was ugly, worked well with the setting. Fallout 4 was too colorful. Not talking about too much vegetation, just the color palette, there was something off about it.

This. DC felt like an actual city, though the monuments helped a lot.
Boston felt completely fake and artificial.

>FO3
>Steampunk

Attached: 1467817254364.png (607x625, 686K)

I have absolutely no idea who that broad is.

the institute are so dumb it hurts

Attached: Benevolent.png (1580x776, 129K)

Adam Adamowicz had GOAT concept art.

flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/albums/72157629320774861/page1

I think it's trying to imitate that 50's scifi art look more so than apocalyptic look (which Fallout 3 prioritized). At a glance, Fallout 4 looks much more like a 50's scifi magazine than Book of Eli or Mad Max.

Attached: PmyXuDZ.jpg (3440x1440, 1.1M)

Same voice actress did a few other characters. They all have New Zealand accents because the voice actress is a New Zealander. It sounds retarded and clearly Obsidian did not care about literally holding down and anally raping the lore if they are going to have multiple foreigners running around the US wasteland 200 years after the bombs dropped. But it's okay when Obsidian does it. It's only a problem when Bethesda does it.

Yeah, they definitely went that route after they saw how liked the ost for fallout 3 was. 50s scifi worked better when it was used in moderation imo, fallout takes inspiration from a multitude of stuff, retro futurism was only a tiny part of it. But then Bethesda decided to crank it to eleven and you end up with stuff like Nuka World, which is basically a caricature of Americana set in a parallel timeline.

Yeah i can't manage to pull more than a 10 hour gameplay until i feel the whole game souless. Never bothered finishing this garbage.

New Vegas's voice work was clearly a product of not enough time and rushing. Why else would they have Yuri Lowenthal voice half the characters in the game? Guy sounds lame as fuck, especially as the standard Legionnaire grunt voice. Every minor character kinda sucks too. They all sound so bored, even though the script itself is fairly good (almost to the point that I feel NV would have been better without voice work outside of major NPCs). Last thing that irks me is that there's a serious lack of western accents. Yeah, I know 200 years have past and all, but some of the major characters, like Hanlon, have one, and it fits NV like a glove; certainly better than hearing Sasuke for the n-th time.