youtube.com/watch?v=BRMKIWdV47E
youtube.com/watch?v=5oQ2qHG9wH0
youtube.com/watch?v=6u9UJRZ6p9A
youtube.com/watch?v=T_YSgMglyvc
youtube.com/watch?v=_wTxuKoHKzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

7 was disappointing but it wasn’t THAT bad

mario kart 8 for switch is bad because it spams even more weapons at everyone

Only zoomers rank Wii over 8 and don't easily consider it one of the worst games in the series.

Only skill based items should be allowed in mario Kart
Green shells are fine because they are dodge able, Red/blue shells punish you for playing well
Change my mind

>wii over 8 AND 8D

Attached: poor.png (441x295, 78K)

>Double Dash.
>anywhere but bottom.
The amount of times I have to tell people to revisit "drunk driving mario kart" these days is getting annoying.

I'm a boomer who actually played every Mario Kart game since the SNES. Here's the real list.

Attached: my-image (4).png (1216x467, 203K)

Reminder that Mario Kart Wii is the most fun in the series because of how accessible it is; it was easy to get everyone around the TV, pass them a Wiimote and have a blast because the tilt to steer thing came naturally even to people who didn't play many videogames. Plus it had Funky Kong and some of the best level designs

Have my own autistic ranking

Attached: KartRanked.png (1146x772, 197K)

Why isn't there a Double Dash mode in 8?

>Super Mario Kart that low
zoomer detected

Arguments?
Wii is better in every way.
Driving feels precise yet smooth as opposed to mk8 where it feels like you're driving a bumping car on a soapy track
More game modes
Infinitely more tracks
Better items (better blue shell, no super 8, no horn)
More iconic music.
More dedicated fans
Higher skill ceiling
Actual punishments for failure instead of koopatroopa putting you on the track straight away and taking some coins
Inward drifting bikes.

Let's revisit some arguments people use against wii.
>muh bikes!
everybody uses a kart in 8 because of how shitty bikes are
>muh funky flame
don't act like EVERY mario kart entry doesn't have it's own Funky Flame. Dry Bones Tank? Morton? 8 deluxe sucessfully neutered most combos to the point where there's practically no point in playing with a specific kart.
>muh buggy shortcuts
those don't happen by accident, those only happen when you learned how to do them, don't act like you broke the game every time you played it, and world records are classed separately

And one last thing: Mario Kart Wii has received 200cc (the only reason to buy 8 deluxe).

Good point but item management is an important part of the game. If you're going to frontrun, it's expected that you have a banana in stock.

Look at the first reply in this post

Accurate list, user. It's almost unfair to put Wii with CTGP in a Mario Kart ranking.

Wii is a shit glitchfest, DS was good but not S rank.
8 is better than 8D cause of firehopping, though they're both top games.
DD is a meme for babbies who want a party game, SC was fine but not better than 64.
SNES should be at least on par with 64, you just need to git gud. 7 was eh.
Haven't played the mobile game but looks like trash.

It's interesting how for every generation there was some Kart Racer that was significantly better than a current iteration of Mario Kart.
Gen 4 had Wacky Wheels
Gen 5 had Crash Team Racing
Gen 6 had Lego Racers 2
Gen 7 had Sega All-star Racing Trasnformed

>Wii over MK:DD and 8/8D
>Literally the Mario Kart game that fucked the drift system
>Literally the MK with the worst item balance

0/10 shit thread, shit taste

Attached: 7fb2721b2e1c44e827f66b559e6006ed71389d5aae65a4490a10569f544794b5.jpg (500x376, 48K)

mario kart 8 has auto steering and auto acceleration

The best is the one where I can play with my boy.

Attached: 258809-ssd.jpg (620x341, 84K)

>ranking games like Mario kart
This is retarded because the newest one is always the best

Attached: mk wii.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

>Literally the Mario Kart game that fucked the drift system
More like the only Mario Kart game that offered a fun alternative to regular outwards drifting and guess what, everybody that played the game used it because it was FUN. More possibilities is always better.
>Literally the MK with the worst item balance
Wanna talk about the fucking soundhorn nigger? Wanna talk about item smuggling in 8/8D?
Mario kart WIi doesn't allow you to pull shit like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=YxC6BG9eVtk

>Double Dash anything but #1
Obvious bait is obvious

and yet mario kart is the one series that survived throughout all these years

I wouldn't put 7 so low since I had more enjoyment out of 7 then 8

How old is this webm by now? Feels like i've seen it so many times

>Double dash and eight higher then DS
Clearly you didn't play DS

>Wii in S tier

Do not glorify braindead gameplay.

Indeed. That's the smart approach Nintendo has. It picks the secure route of being the king of mediocrity. Combined with brand recognition they don't need to make anything truly good, for as long as they don't make something bad either they'll always stay afloat.

DS is a fairly bland game that is only fondly remembered for its overrated snaking mechanic.

>Ds
>The best because I have no friend
It's a portable game in fact I had hosted many eight player parties so clearly you are self reflecting

>Super Circuit

And mission mode also online and emblems also introduced retro tracks

move Wii to C tier and Swap 8 with DD

>Braindead gameplay
Wii has by far the most complex gameplay.

どん

Attached: 1542552798138.png (362x380, 64K)

why does everyone hate seven?

Attached: IMG_20181102_171428.jpg (1112x696, 86K)

>so clearly you are self reflecting
can you read? he said "because I don't have no friends" not "you'll like it if you have no friends"

Tik Tock Plumber Boy

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Wii was such bullshit

>30fps

Brought back the coin gimmicks
Got offered some of the best retro tracks, fucked them all
No memorable original tracks
No special content like missions
Kart customization means your kart had no real identity and looks ugly
Forgettable cast
Uninteresting gameplay overall, no way to make the skill ceiling super high

youtube.com/watch?v=F2_aW8Iz1zs

youtube.com/watch?v=EARqZlQU1uc

>choose flame runner and press up on the d-pad to win
>complex

Why are wiifags so delusional? They defend a game that removed advanced techniques like spiny evasion and snaking.

Attached: 1556780119251.png (793x736, 227K)

youtube.com/watch?v=KsyNkAU7yrM
Wii enables skilled people to get ahead.
I'm sorry you never went past 6000vr

Wii has too much item fuckery. DS is fine though.

>>No memorable original tracks
>pirhana plant side
>neo bowser city
>music park
>dk jungle
shy guy bazzar daisy hills were also nice
also that game rainbow road is the best rainbow road fight me
>that kino round-about on a saturn like planet

Attached: 1516183663063.png (250x250, 58K)

>user calls out Wii for funky bike
>Wii defense force posts funky bike

You just proved his point, retard. Also 9000vr is the shitter filter.

Reds are fine if their AI isn't too smart. Rather than being able to run through the course until the target is hit, limit their homing to a simple change of direction as soon as they approach the nearest racer.

Fuck any item you cannot dodge btw.

I am ranked higher then you all in Mario Kart 8 and own a golden steering wheel from MyNintendo so my opinion is fact

Attached: 1560805419285.png (436x650, 216K)

Who ever said funky bike was a problem, retard?
The game is balanced when everyone picks the same character.

>More like the only Mario Kart game that offered a fun alternative to regular outwards drifting
Imagine justifying the nerfed drifting system WHILE also fabricating how busted bikes were. Wheelies and especially inward drifters made the regular karts obsolete. If you wanted a chance of winning, you had to go Flame Runner instead of playing your favorite Kart.

>Wanna talk about the fucking soundhorn nigger?
Wanna talk about the Stormcloud, Big Mushroom, etc you fucking retard? Also having something to counter Blue Shells so that you're not assraped in 1st place is good balance.

>Wanna talk about item smuggling in 8/8D
Shit that doesn't happen unless the people you're playing against are literal fucking morons maybe. Even the A.I has access to lightning and Boos that can literally stop that from happening. P.S autist, says all you need to know about Wii's horrible item balance.

>Daisy and Mach Bike meme combo against what appear to be bots
This was completely deserved.

honestly none of them go beneath B. There is no such thing as a bad Mario Kart game

Attached: file.png (1303x352, 168K)

Snaking was only OP if you used low drift karts. Small things like the lack of rubber banding, being able to see who has what items (anticipating lightning and shells), the second screen being great for training and the dodgeable blue shells was what made it so great. It was definitively the most skillful Mario Kart we had so far.

>the game is balanced when everyone picks the same character.

Attached: 1557525995458.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Only thing you should change is move 64 up one and super circuit down one

There’s also that horrendous part unlocking system that unfortunately came back in 8.

This, literally unplayable and Nintendo wants me to play them 20 dollars to play their shit game. *hugs his wii u*

How is it a problem that everyone used the same kart? Are you gonna die if you don't use peach on the dolphin rider?

>Stormcloud
Absolutely based item, gives you a temporary speed up and all terrain speed and can be passed on to others.
>Big mushroom
How is this more broken than star, bullet bill or golden mushroom?

>Also having something to counter Blue Shells so that you're not assraped in 1st place is good balance.
If there had been an item to counter blueshells in first in wii, you would have cried that it's even more unbalanced than it already is. If you want to dodge blue shells ; sandbag, get a dodge item and frontrun

>P.S autist, says all you need to know about Wii's horrible item balance
I could find the same exact thing in any other mario kart game, this is a nitpicked example and is worth nothing

You clearly don't know anything about anything, retard-kun.

Yes?

Can we all play Mario Kart Wii online via Dolphin somehow?

CTGP doesn't work through emulator for a few reasons.

Yes online works with dolphin. You can mod dolphin to work with a custom server but you get banned for 24 hours for being on pc when you connect to it the first time.

8 is easily the best, as someone that's played them all since SNES.
DS was the most skill based but it also annoyed me and actually gave me immense pain in my hands. I can still win most matches in 8 without that burden.

By that logic Smash Bros Brawl is the most balanced Smash Bros

the levels of cope in here

Attached: 1558213536299.png (381x431, 158K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BRMKIWdV47E

MKwii is garbage, you have to mod it for it to be good

best games are obviously DS and 8D

the witcher 3 lmfao

Problem is, Funky Bike being overwhelming isn't wrong. There's no way to not prove his point because he's right. Daisy Bike is alright though

>The game is balanced when everyone picks the same character

What the fuck am I reading?

Attached: MK Wii in a nutshell.jpg (190x265, 21K)

this could be fun.
i doubt we could get anything organised, though.

>playing Mario Kart

Attached: n64_diddy_kong_racing_p_gruwq7.jpg (640x439, 76K)

If over 100 people try to connect to the server at a time it crashes so it could be fun to try.

What do you not understand?

Imagine a situation where everyone earns $5/h and one guy wins $20/h.
Now imagine everyone starts earning $20/h, everyone is equal.

I can't, this is 100% correct

Attached: ca7c4b0d6f38a33d5876680d4063e0ae.png (1112x1434, 1.23M)

Yes, everyone is equally poor because your dumbass rose the minimum wage so goddamn high.

Huh, MKWii support communism. Never thought about it that way.

>Wii
>aka the game where new shortcuts are still being found a decade past it's release

youtube.com/watch?v=5oQ2qHG9wH0
youtube.com/watch?v=6u9UJRZ6p9A
youtube.com/watch?v=T_YSgMglyvc

what a bunch of madmen

>DS in S
The S is for snaking

We get it, user. Bikes were a mistake.

Why can't waliguis pinball be remastered already.

grug like kart
kart flat and easy
grug no like bike
bike too complex for grug
grug think wheelie bad
grug no like possibilities

Attached: grug.jpg (800x450, 42K)

>Mario Kart DS on S

Wooow, snaking is such a fun mechanic to abuse.

Wii and DD are the most interesting. DS is the best overall package

i havent watched it, but can one person do the set-up, zip it up, and chuck it on Mega for everyone to download?

t.

Attached: wigglermorelikenigger.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

How are wheelies complex? I can do most of the tech.

there is nothing wrong with snaking.

Then if you do it why ask for things to remain plain with karts???
It's like the door to cool land has been opened to you and you're slamming it closed because it's different from what you already know.

Snaking in DS was not an expression of skill, it was mandatory to perform or else you were crippling yourself.
It's the same argument with L-canceling in Smash Bros Melee and how it "added skill expression to the game", but shit was pretty much mandatory to do on every action or else you were at a total disadvantage. What did Sakurai do? Remove it entirely, because it wasn't a good mechanic to begin with. Snaking is the same.

someone can if they want to

Is MKWii here based on vanilla MKWii or Homebrew MKWii with like 300+ tracks

>want to play a good mario kart with my friends so i suggest wii
>all they ever want to play is double dash

Attached: 1548898580638.gif (400x372, 533K)

CTGP homebrew.

special items were the shit. Diddy/bj master race

double dash with your friends is the funniest shit ever, you nerd

Attached: 1468166814114.png (375x298, 201K)

Why don't they bring back the cool missions and other single player stuff?
I hate how Nintendo always seems to do "just enough" with games like this, I keep expecting the next game to be huge and have fuckloads of tracks and all sorts of great extra modes, but they're always lacking and feel like just another Mario Kart with nothing special about it.

Attached: 1533434395279.gif (320x178, 1.15M)

7 needs to be bumped up atleast one
64 should also move up one
tour isnt even out but my hopes are not great

other than that this is a really solid list

>Why is it a problem when the imbalance is so bad it overcentualized "the meta" and you have to play a certain character/combination to win
I can smell the Meleefag from here. Take a shower.

Stormcloud's gotta go fast unless you pass it on like an STD gimmick was absolutely cancer. Speeding up only to get fucked by making you small is not a good risk-reward system (not to mention not being able to control when you want to boost unlike a mushroom isn't always beneficial. Get a storm cloud on Rainbow Road Wii and then tell me how fun that item is.)

>How is this more broken than star, bullet bill or golden mushroom?
How about it being one of the mid-tier power ups you can get as high as 3rd place. It's also shit.

>If there had been an item to counter blueshells in first in wii, you would have cried that it's even more unbalanced than it already is
Literally no. MKDS is my favorite in the series because of how you can invalidate the Blue Shell with actual fucking skill. Only shitters who can't play the game would whine that there was no Blue Shell counterplay. Hell, it doesn't even benefit the person who throws it, since it's that stupid-ass winged version that doesn't even hit anybody on the road, only the person in first place. Congrats, you fucked over Funky only for Daisy to take 1st and you're still in the back in 8th place. How does that help you?

>I could find the same exact thing in any other mario kart game,
Please do, based Brainlet-kun. Credit where credit is due, MK8 thankfully made it so that you get extended invincibility after you get hit, so spamming doesn't even work unless you time it.

>Daisy_on_DK_Mountain.webm is a nitpick!
>Smuggling items in first is isn't
>Y-you don't know what you're talking about!
Seethe, shower, and cope. In that order.

Nintendo is just way too conservative. They have very small workforces considering what they need to output. Nintendo is very slow to move, so their teams are always barebones and can't handle the workload. You'd think a game with 3 years of work behind it would have significant content, but Nintendo's small taskforce struggle to simply push out the game even if its barebones.

Nintendo need to hire more. They're also probably cautious because it might dilute their talent.

*Only shitters who can't play the game would whine that there was Blue Shell counterplay.

Fucked that up.

youtube.com/watch?v=_wTxuKoHKzs

nice reading skills dumbass

The hitstun in Wii is ridiculous.

Stormcloud is a good item because it knows you're in the mid pack and offers you to overtake a few players but if you get too greedy and hold on to it for too long it fucks you up.
If you think Mario Kart is meant to be a "fair" and "balanced" game in the first place, you're playing the wrong fucking game bud.

Blueshell is a shitty item but it has it's use when you play in team, it should be ditched.

And smuggling items in first can be repeated thousands of times, getting daisy destruction to happen only works once every million race

>You're a melee player
projecting?

absolutely based.

Attached: 1560713260554.jpg (512x512, 53K)

>retards still don't understand why the blue shell exists

protip: the only spot safer than 1st is last

Attached: 1541168232297.jpg (638x361, 15K)

>blue shell is a shitty item

Nigger, go take a shower to cleanse the stupidity from your greasy hair.

How good ARE the Arcade games?

Wii has garbage item balancing, and when unlocking shot requires you to play races near perfectly with items on, that becomes a fucking huge problem.

This thread must be bumped

someone spoonfeed me a MKWii on Dolphin with online play.

>Super Circuit over 64 and 7

pleaaaase i want to play
i cant be the only one?

>tfw shit pc can't handle mkwii

Attached: 1555733558528.png (170x172, 29K)

Dry bones in the tank was the best combo in MKDS, prove me wrong

Absolutely correct.

DD is the best Mario Kart

>not ROB LGS or Egg 1

At least those karts made everyone good. Real niggas used vanilla or big wheels.

Where is sonic racing and crash team racing? diddy kong racing?

fuck off op and your shit thread and list

Based. On release Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 were incredible games that saw more play than anything else you owned so if zoomers rank them low it doesn't mean shit.

>S
>240p where you need enhanced glasses to see anything at all
Sure thing OP.

>need enhanced glasses to see anything at all
wow it seems like you're the only one with that problem you fucking mole

>7 that low
>dd not in at least A

Looks pretty good. I don't know about DS being on the same level as Wii though.
It's unfortunate that we probably won't see a Mario Kart with actual mechanics and a high skill ceiling like Wii in a long time.

>all you need to know about Wii's horrible item balance.
Pic related is all you need to know about MK8D's item system. Nothing in Wii compares to this or the amount of reds you can get in second place in MK8D (reds you can't dodge with skill like in MKW, by the way)

Attached: items2.png (149x118, 40K)

Buy a Wii or a Wii U used. Both should be cheap as shit and modding is pretty easy.

>muh mods
guess what, 8 and 8 deluxe are getting mods too

>Stormcloud is a good item because it knows you're in the mid pack and offers you to overtake a few players but if you get too greedy and hold on to it for too long it fucks you up.
Except you're forgetting one eensy-teeny-weeny little detail:
Any human player with half a brain can and will dodge you like the fucking plague. That and once you lose the stormcloud, you lose your speed. The advantages do not outweigh the disadvantages for this item. It's trash you autist.

>If you think Mario Kart is meant to be a "fair" and "balanced" game in the first place, you're playing the wrong fucking game bud.
Except that 8DX literally is the most balanced because it doesn't have any of the "bullshit" that the MK games before it had. Hell it removed Fire-hopping from the original game
>B-but Morton/Wario on Wiggler
If you think that's as bad as Funky Flame Wheel or Dry Bones eat shit.

>Blue Shell is only good in this arbitrary instance that's not even the standard way people play MK
Blue Shell is shit because it doesn't benefit the person who throws it. It's a detriment for the person in the the lead and the only person who actually looks forward to seeing one is the person in second place. You know how to easily fix this? Make it so it hits everyone in front of you, something that CTR knew and does much better.

>And smuggling items in first can be repeated thousands of times,
>What is lightning,
>What is Boo
X2Doubt

>getting daisy destruction to happen only works once every million race
You're fucking kidding yourself if that isn't a regular occurrence in MKWii.

Seethe, shower, and cope.

8 has more tracks then wii you actual retard

Wii is a absolute dumpster fire that belongs in E tier

Move DS to B Tier, only thing people like about it is exploits like snaking.

I don't know how anyone got any enjoyment out of super circuit. Absolute dogshit

>Super Circut above anything
>Double Dash not at least A tier
>8 Deluxe not in S tier
>7 that low

I also liked the tracks, missons, minigames and logo creator on DS though

Double dash was kino

objective MK8 track list

Attached: mariokart tracks.png (824x728, 1.28M)

>not using bowser's clown car plane

The dual item system does lead itself into some bullshit, but it self balances itself by giving you coins even in 2nd. Reds got buffed to high hell, but you can also block at least two of them with a green shell and a banana. Again, unlike MKWii, you can actually protect yourself even in 1st which is very better than how haphazard the items were in Wii.

do people really like snes rainbow road?

a flat course without barriers or offroad is refreshing

>Driving feels precise yet smooth
>Implying 8 does not

>Implying bikes are shit

>Literally every point you make in this fucking abhorrent post, what on fucking earth, how in the world do you think the Super Horn, the only thing that can counter the Blue shell is bad

I’m a believer of freedom of speech but lord are you testing me

DS had the best Bowser’s Castle and Rainbow Road. Can we agree on that?

Whichever Gen N64 was had Diddy Kong Racing. Vastly superior to MK64.

i guess it is but one of the BEST tracks in the entire game?

>Neo Bowser City in S
>Wild Woods not in A at least

Other than that, not bad.

Swap SMK and DD and you'd be spot on.

All items can be dodged with appropriate timing

literally git good

>GCN Baby Park
>S
Not going to even bother looking at the rest, list is shit

If your Mario Kart doesnt need you to spam left-right-left-right to get a mini speed boost while sliding, it's a shit Mario Kart

>CTGP
I'd rather use Wiim's so I don't have to slap a disc into my Wii's dying optical drive/so I can play on dolphin.

>hating on bab park

Attached: emb.png (334x393, 134K)

I'd put 7 a little higher. I hate how they removed VS mode but it's at least better than SMK. Anyways, the rest of the list is perfect. Based opinion.

>Use Peach
>Pick the Light Tripper
>Become arcane god of Drifts

If you never did this you missed out
Anyone in the Light Tripper or Dancer gains such accrue control over their Dorifuto that you can spend the entire match drifting. It’s ridiculous.

Nintendo only makes casual baby games with bad game design and friendly art styles.

Mostly because CTGP has this obsession of only allowing you to run it through a custom version of Riivolution, meaning you MUST use a Wii and MKWii disc in order to play. I personally just use Wiims Mario Kart Fun, but mostly just to dick around with friends.

>Fucked the retros

So true. I would have loved to see what MK8 would do with classics like Waluigi Pinball, Airship Fortress, Koopa Cape, or Coconut Mall, but instead MK7 just stole all the good retros and did nothing (or even made them worse).

Sunshine Airport is fun, bad list

so many people only claim wii and ds are the best because those are the best selling ones and theyre now old enough to be subject to nostalgia

GCN Luigi Circuit would've been a better choice, Baby Park was only good in Double Dash.

DS had infinite soul

There was this time when I was playing MK8 on WiiU with my cousin on online and I was first and he in second. He got, in sequence, two 8's and a fucking star. I got coins. He didn't pass me.