Xenoblade X thread?

Xenoblade X thread?
Favorite class? Favorite location? Favorite Division?

Attached: xenox.png (724x292, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn03.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/games_8/emanuals/wii_u_6/xenoblade_chronicles_x/ElectronicManual_WiiU_XenobladeChroniclesX_EN.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Asscaves

IT BLOWS HARD IN DECEMBER

Is anyone there?

Am I all alone?

LAST FIGHT DO YOU REMEMBER

I need a bigger gun

I just bought this game any tips before i start?

I can't read the fucking tiny font

I have never played xenoblade serioes. Is it hard to get into? How hard is the game overall?

Attached: 1555946395406.jpg (1614x1080, 341K)

Has anyone ever achieved 100% in this game? Talked to every NPC and learned everything about everyone?

>Yes please.
>Can't remember classes since I kept bouncing back and forth between them.
>Noctilum.
>Can't remember divisions since I kept bouncing back and forth between them.
Pic related is my character by the end game.

Attached: IMG_0091.jpg (1280x720, 272K)

>Xenoblade X thread?
Yea sure

>Favorite class?
Mastermind

>Favorite location?
Cauldros

>Favorite Division?
Harriers

The games are best played in release order
X does the worst job letting you know whats going on gameplay wise. That being said I wouldn't say any of the blade games are particulary difficult if you just do story stuff.

Read the fucking manual

How the hell do you prefer Cauldros over the others.

No one likes Cauldros.

I did. And I managed to make an infinite overdrive build I'm just saying that X does a bad job of conveying it's mechanics

I agree with that, which is why many people who were excited for the game, dropped it completely.
That said, I did the 150+ hour tutorial with Xenoblade 1 to prepare for X.

It doesn't if you read the manual though.

Having to read a manual to understand game mechanics is bad conveyance
I agree, thats why I said the best way to play these games is XC1 -> XCX -> XC2 -> torna

do i need to play this before 2 ?

>Having to read a manual to understand game mechanics is bad conveyance
Only if you a complete zoomer.

You don't have to read a manual to play:
pac man
tetris
LoZ LTTP
Mega Man
Xenogears
Xenoblade Chronicles 1
Xenosaga 1-3
Final Fantasy
Manuals should be used as a refresher/have cool lore shit/character blurbs and reading it should not be mandatory for playing a game you absolute retard

No, they're unrelated.

All the games you mentioned are pretty simple or have in-game tutorials: that is basically an interactive and forced manual.

>in game tutorials
that's what I'm saying should be in X. You should learn to play the game by actually playing the game instead of reading a e-manual. If you actually do something instead of just reading about it you are more likely to understand what the fuck is going on.

Cauldros at night is one of my favorite songs in the game

Would you rather have Monolith do X2 or redo X with a coherent story?

Nothing stops you from learning by actually playing and experimenting.

Except that in order to understand all the mechanics you have to stop playing the video game in order to read about it.

Well shit it's a RPG. You are also supposed to read stats and skill effects etc.

if you can't understand the difference between stopping the game to read a 100+ page manual and looking at one screen of stats/skills in game then I don't know what to tell you.

Definitely X2.

Sounds like a game has a lot of depth. I like it.

NeoParis or NeoTokyo or both

Wish I remembered everything. It's pretty overwhelming at first. I think you're allowed to visit any continent by chapter 3. Don't expect a heavy story. You play the game for its world. If you're the kind of person who thrives on seeing what you can do as early as possible, this is the game for you.

Better than having annoying tutorials, that's barely playing the game and actively suck out playtime and dev time just because retarded zoomers can't use manuals.

It has but the difficulty doesn't really complement it that much. You can clear story by just having a vague idea of how skills work. Optional content requires you to specifically gear against one or two attacks more than anything.

>Favorite class?
Custom Beam Saber/Raygun
>Favorite location?
Sylvalum, especially the mountain area
>Favorite division
Honestly don't care, the buffs are so minimal.

Attached: confused lucky gal.jpg (601x370, 56K)

Divisions are mostly for online content.

Shion

Attached: Shion.png (170x494, 85K)

Best part of the game is the affinity missions
Also read the manual and the mechanic you get after chapter 5 is busted and you should make your build around it(potential is also busted and you should get that stat as high as possible).
Yeah""""" barely playing the game""""" is so much better than not playing the game to read about it. I didn't think about that, what a great point!

*ruins your balance*

Attached: Ghostwalker.jpg (40x40, 2K)

Reading manual + playing game > Playing manual
I couldn't make it more simple if I tried.

What do you want?? If your game has deep gameplay, guess what, experimenting or reading up are your options. Or play another game

To have an in-game explanation of how mechanics work
Playing a video game > reading about a video game
I couldn't make it simpler than that

we need sawano on the next xeno she did a great job with X

is cute!

Except you read the manual to then experience unfiltered gameplay instead of playing a tutorial.
Also XCX had an e-manual that you cou check literally in-game from the menu at anytime.

Except you continuously have to stop playing the game to keep referencing the manual because it wasn't properly explained and just vomits all the info at you. Your second point is dumb and isn't worth responding to.

>Xenoblade X thread?
okay
>Favorite class?
Bastion Warrior, Galactic Knight is a very close second because of Starlight Kick
>Favorite location?
Sylvalum
>Favorite Division?
I tend towards Curators

Or you could just read it beforehand? The point is simply that the game itself doesn't make you play a tutorial for 50 hours.

>is a slut!
ftfy

Yeah because reading the manual before you've actually played the game is definitely the best way to learn about mechanics that you have no context for and is superior to experiencing said mechanics through gameplay where it is explained how it works and as such it is more likely that you digest the information. I'm not saying that there can't be a bad tutorial I'm just saying that in general that an in game explanation for mechanics is going to be better than having to look at an external resource to get the same explanation.

An in-game manual hanging there all the time isn't really an "external resource".

>slut
>only slept with her boyfriend and is loyal to him even after his death
how dumb can you be?

You're actually retarded
cdn03.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/games_8/emanuals/wii_u_6/xenoblade_chronicles_x/ElectronicManual_WiiU_XenobladeChroniclesX_EN.pdf
really looks like your playing a video game reading this don't it?

>betraying her friends and brother while at it
slut

Attached: 21original.jpg (835x1200, 439K)

>Not going full reflect gear + that one galactic knight skill

Attached: Klaus.jpg (750x669, 35K)

The whole point is not playing the tutorial.
Also yes, the .pdf is available for reading outside the game itself too.

>that one galactic knight skill
Which one?

You can switch characters. The main character will have a very lame skillset for the first few hours, so you might want to play as Elma until you unlock more interesting skills.

realizes that her friends don't hate her and rejects kevin in the end.
She's wholesome.

Shion does not deserve Allen.

Attached: ezgif-4-0b3511887406.png (945x720, 612K)

Astrolibrium (which is actually from the class before it). It reflects beam element, and you need it since there isn't enough gear slots to reflect all of the elements if you still want to use TP up augments too.

do you actually have a point or are you just going to continue to repeat yourself. Also the point was that the manual is a separate and disparate element from the game and as such, even though it's linked in game (just like how a manual comes in the box with most games) it should be considered different from the game.

Does XBX have one of the most complex battle systems of all time?

Physical damage is pretty shit since most indigens have can resist it. It's best to switch to a different damage type ASAP
Remember to level up your arts and skills
Ether is OP
Potential is OP
Spamming Overdrive is OP (look into Blossom Dance builds for the easiest way to abuse that)
Have the wiki handy for quest that require gathering, the collectible drops are the most RNG bullshit ever
Skells are cool but since they don't level up they have a totally flat power curve. Given that and the sheer price of them sometimes it's better to use ground combat
Don't fret the character creation too much, since you can do a sidequest that lets you redo your character anyway

reminder that you can emulate xenoblade x now
and uncensoring the outfits is just slap in 1 file

breast slider is impossible to reimplement atm, but cheat engine can give you whatever size boobs, along with changing everyone's. (and it saves)

Attached: xeno tittys.jpg (1920x1080, 2.04M)

Yes, and that makes you able to experience unfiltered gameplay like I said.
I need to repeat if you keep not understanding it: taking time to learn mechanics from "external sources" and then getting just gameplay for the whole 50 hours is better than 40 hours playable tutorial that is fully part of the game every time you play it + 10 hours of actual gameplay.
And the time is an example of course.

x2 they left it in such a fucking cliffhanger they HAVE to.

Allen is also wholesome and they are great together

Skell combat was such a let down it's not even funny

The easiest way to abuse overdrive is essence exchange.

>Samurai Gunner for Offensive Stance and True Stream Edge
>Sylvalum because it looks the most alien
>Reclaimers for lore, Curators for gameplay

is it possible to use online features?

Not even close. It even keeps your party alive.

Attached: Smooth_Recovery.jpg (40x40, 2K)

Shion was an unlikable whiny brat from 2 onwards.

how good does it run on the emulator though. 60 fps at 1080?

I forgot the best tip: if you have the disc version definitely download the extra files off the eshop. Cuts down on the load times and pop-in a LOT.

The game is 30 FPS on Wii U but there are 60 FPS mods for cemu.

And she had completely founded reasons for being like that and works out of it by the end

You forgot to mention that 1.15.8 breaks the fucking game.

what were the online features? cheat engine has some stuff regarding tickets, but i hope content isn't locked behind online

yes, but 60fps isn't the game's normal speed. it feels great that way but some animations go too fast

Switch port when? I love every single Xeno-game but I ain't buying WiiU for just one game.

A bunch of extra missions with unique bosses and two superboss fights (Yggralith Omega and a grounded Telethia fight)

I highly suggest checking out the artbook for it, it's really great.

Attached: 030.jpg (2139x3042, 2.18M)

ok you win

Attached: XenosagaFreaksCast.png (1024x768, 1.05M)

Yeah and playing a 1 hour tutorial that you can skip through and figure out for yourself is way better than having to read a 100 page book that you constantly have to stop playing the game to reference. I can do this too.

based /xenobro/

God the ost for the snow area was so good, I've gotta go back and beat this

what graphics pack shit should I be using with it?

I made an evasion based Assault Rifle/Knife build and my god it's fun. There's so much to do; making sure to keep my Smooth Recovery and Medic Free buffs up, keep the enemies debuffed with Blackout so they're even less likely to hit me and cycling between knife buffs and melee combo ranged attacks to build up overdrive and start doing damage. The build can't take on every superboss and the damage is relatively weak but it's so fun to play that I don't care.

can I delete the updates/DLC folders once I install them in cemu?

My wishlist for XCX2:
>rework quest markers and tooltips to give more exact locations for collectibles and materials
>either eliminate required team members for mandatory missions or mix them up so you aren't just using the same two party members 99% of the game
>human, Definian, Nopon, Prone, and Wrothian as playable races
>more fleshed out multiplayer features with true co-op and possibly even campaign progression

1 hour tutorial cannot hope to explain all the shit in XCX.

cool, the game's graphics pack has an entry about the dlc

just the brightness fix and whatever resolution one you want
also cemu version 1.15.7c

i did for botw and it works fine

Attached: dlc quests.png (453x179, 5K)

>some ultratard is unironically complaining that a game offers an extensive in-game manual you can consult when you want to and doesn't make you sit through an endless tutorial you'll mostly forget 30 hours later

who's sword/dual guns here?

Basically everyone at some point used it or still uses it, it's the basic bitch build.

You did get to 100% survey rate right?

Yes. It was all fun and games until I had to find 99 lobsters.

Pathfinder is the best division because it means you're not procrastinating when you explore for 5 hours instead of doing the story mission objective, you're helping.

Attached: 1551155511667.png (1810x1851, 3.03M)

Must be why Lao picked it

Lao is best boy

>Takes place hundreds of years after the first game, so it's not a direct sequel.

>Main city is called Second Jerusalem. It will be divided into several sectors and the player will not be able to explore everything.

>First game's continents are back, with 3 more added: Miragia, Stellium and Asyre.

>Some characters from the first game return. They showed only Elma, Lin and Lao though.

>Lao is apparently a the head of, or a higher-up in a terrorist organization

>New characters revealed so far are: Alice Sakuraba (the protagonist) and Sezz (blue-haired swordsman, Alice's childhood friend). You can see a green-haired young girl in the trailer.

>Alice fights a sword that she summons, kinda like the characters from Nier Automata. She likes to spin the sword around in her idle animation, it's pretty cool desu

>The battle system stays the same, though with several improvements.

>You can now explore underwater with the Skells, ocean exploration is a huge focus

Attached: Xenoblade X episode 2.png (894x670, 734K)

Please

So is Mira Hell? Ontos? Alvis?

The game on the surface claims Mira is an alien planet, but tons of things in the game imply it's some sort of allegory for Hell or purgatory.
After Xenoblade 2, I strongly believe that Mira is some alternate pocket-universe like Xenoblade 1's is and that everybody's real bodies are somehow still floating in space in a different dimension.

>THE BRAP BLOWS HARD IN DECEMBER
>THE LAST FART, DO YOU REMEMBER

Attached: 1520437668780.jpg (645x773, 48K)

Ontos = The Black Knight who approached Lao at the end of X = Alvis

Why all the X threads recently? I'm not complaining, but it's odd.

On my second complete replay I chose the sniper rifle class and did crazy shit with it.

Obviously never gonna happen. XBX wasn't KAWAII ECCHI UGUUUUUUU~ enough for their target audience

Attached: 1559788283669.png (700x700, 1.87M)

YOU HAVE 1 (ONE) MINUTE TO POST YOUR SKELL

Attached: coma.jpg (1280x720, 460K)

>ecchi
That's funny because X is the most sexualized and fanservicey xenoblade

Max out each class as fast as possible. By this I mean when you reach the max class rank don't stay with that class switch to another. The actual best class in the game is the starting class due to the fact that it has the most slots for stuff but it's only the best class after you've maxed out every other class in the game.

Abilities are tied to weapons so you want to max out every class then switch to the knife and gun class. From their equip longswords and SMGs

SMGs get an ability to become immune to damage for 30 seconds (you can extend this)

Longswords get a few great abilities like one that uses TP to do 6 hits but using the extra slots the knife and gun class give you then you can add a ton of buffs to TP gain and damage done by TP abilities to where you can kill bosses (and super bosses) in like 5 seconds

2's release+the DLC stuff with Elma got a lot of people interested in the game, but back then they were waiting for a Switch port that seemed likely (based on what Takahashi was saying at the time).
That never came to fruition, so I'd guess that the people who waited just gave up and played it.

Switch when so normal people can play it

Never ever

Fuck xenos and make Mira great again

I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T SEE YOU

>X is the most sexualized
did you even SEE the tatas on the characters in XC2?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 111K)

X has the highest abundance of sexualized armor and raunchiest humour in the series though.

Attached: Xenoblade X squid butt.jpg (1366x768, 127K)

>people whined endlessly when X removed the titty slider and changed Lin’s armour designs and exaggerated the issue to the point that they claimed it removed all the sexy armors
>now that XB2 is being attacked for being pandering weebshit they’re trying to use X as a defense
wew lad