What are your favorite Rougelites Yea Forums?

What are your favorite Rougelites Yea Forums?

I am new to this genre. Be gentle.

Attached: z4z.png (805x473, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/956450/Rogue_Fable_III/
kongregate.com/games/Justin_wang123/the-rogue-fable
kongregate.com/games/Justin_wang123/rogue-fable-ii
twitter.com/team_d13/status/1088168767190900736
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Roblox

I don't have the answer, but I'll be lurking because I also need some good ones.
>t. Linux thinkpad user

friscoframe

I don't even know if this is a roguelike but I like it. It's comfy and has a lot of soul

Attached: dungeonsofdredmor.jpg (1920x1080, 471K)

Necrodancer is a 10/10 but fuck my ass is it one of the hardest games I’ve ever played
I’ve put like 8 hours into it and still can’t beat zone 2

I like maroon, it's a nice light red color

Ziggurat
The Consuming Shadow
Immortal Redneck
Binding of Isaac
Tower of guns

Streets of Rogue is quite good

beating an all-zone aria run was the most satisfaction i've ever gotten out of a video game

I don't like any of them. Just can't get into them at all

I've only ever played ADoM and ToME. I enjoyed both even though ToME becomes a chore in the last 1/3 of the game. I think they're considered babby roguelikes.

Minecraft is the best modern rouge-like. No contest.

>immortal redneck
>tower of guns

Attached: x.jpg (369x369, 22K)

Isaac and Gungeon after all the updates are pretty good
I prefer actual roguelikes though, TOME and Elona+ (not really sure if that even counts) are my favorites

I've lost quite a few characters to The Ground gives way. It's pretty unique with cool mechanics, and short. I almost beat it.
I'm itching to play ADOM, I feel like that will be a huge journey of a game.

Dead cells is really good, has great combat and a good variety in weapons, my only main criticism is how stats scale in the run. Gungeon is great, but the beginning is a grind until you unlock some of the better weapons. Necrodancer is pretty good too just hard as hell. Ziggurat is the best fps roguelite imo gameplaywise, but basically got 0 post launch support so once you beaten a couple of runs theres little desire to go back

Wizard of legend
Binding of Isaac
Enter the gungeon
Slay the spire
Rogue legacy

Binding of Isaac is my most played game of all time, I did at least one run every day for years.

Spelunky is fantastic as well. FTL, Into The Breach, and Slay the Spire are must plays. Those would be my top five, definitely.

Attached: Roguelites.jpg (1380x1075, 623K)

I play that as the Bard, I can't be fucked for the rythm shit. Still a great game.

>book enemy in gungeon starts attacking
>N

>Elona+

I heard the community split itself regarding which version was superior. There was some other one that popped up.

Based list user. Has alot of great ones that slipped my mind. Id replace rogue legacy with dead cells but thats pretty much the only change

the balancing is fucked but I find it really fun and I like the humor. definitely more like a real roguelike though

Spelunky
Nuclear Throne
Vagante

When will a AAA company jump aboard the roguelite train and make some middling Soulslike with procgen?

risk of rain

>when a mobile game is one of the best games of that year

Attached: 818353-downwell-windows-screenshot-the-interactive-title-screen-jump.png (1680x1050, 4K)

>I’ve put like 8 hours into it and still can’t beat zone 2

Attached: i_hug_that_feel.png (500x461, 31K)

gungeon and spelunky

Downwell is a game that perfectly understands flow, which is a quality most games lack.

Attached: 1220557668319.png (296x312, 7K)

is this bait or is my definition of a rougelite way wrong

They tried with Necropolis and it's quite bad.

Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne

Attached: image.jpg (561x540, 123K)

Wizard of legend is pretty great, but my complaint is that it doesnt tell you what passive items do after you already have it logged. I understand not doing that the first time cause one of the appeals of roguelites, but theres no reason to not tell me what it does when I see it again in future runs

How autistic to you wanna get about this? Most of my favorite roguelites are pretty well known and I don't wanna list off "obvious" choices.

Some really great ones that I think get too little exposure are Synthetik and Nova Drift.

Great taste. There are actually a lot of really good mobile roguelites.

i cant deal with the mobile version
i feel like my thumbs are obscuring an important part of the screen
im thinking the best way to play it is a sideways monitor

>Tower of guns

Dude, try Mothergunship. It's basically Tower of Guns 2 and it's way better.

Good taste user

/rlg/ used to hate it (maybe they still do) but I find it good and even to this day i still play it from time to time

Play Nethack. Then play ADOM

Switch handheld is the comfiest way bro

This but it's too stressful. And no I'm not meming about the stress shit to be funny, I mean it's actually too stressful for me in general.

Attached: Darkest Dungeon.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

>that price
Fuck me, guess I'll wait for a sale. I really liked Tower of Guns but thought it felt a little underdeveloped, this looks great but I can't bite for $25. Thanks for the rec though user (not even the guy who said he likes Tower of Guns)

Thanks

It is. I heavily dislike the crafting. Apart from that, it's pretty fun and very charming.
Check out the multitude of mods if you've already played it to death.

Currently playing Rogue Legacy for the first time
It's pretty fun

Anyone play Towerclimb? Is it really as amazing as the reviews say?

Still my go to game on the Vita and phone. Good shit.

Attached: 1536195371723.jpg (180x192, 16K)

Underrated shitpost

It's Stoneshard for me.
Prologue is free but shallow unlike what is promised by Nov 2019

Its not a roguelite though

>There are actually a lot of really good mobile roguelites.
Like what

Still haven't killed Dredmor. brb, doing a run.

Is dredmor really underrated for what it is or did I just miss all the talk about it?
>my favourite is a shallow game promised to be good in nov

There's a bunch of ports of NetHack and shit, for starters. There's also some by-the-books beginner roguelikes like Shattered Pixel Dungeon.

Hoplite, HyperRogue, MicRogue are other great ones. I'd keep going but the thread is about to die, so I'm posting now lol

gungeon and isaac

Only one I ever got super into was Spelunky. Looking forward to the new one, even if I think it's pretty ugly looking.

>playing Tales of Maj'Eyal
>get the new expansion
>playing as a Writhing One
>slapping shit with my plague filled tongue and my tentacle rape arm
>melting my face then spewing it at my enemies

This fucking game.

Attached: thing.gif (500x218, 487K)

cogmind, but it's more of a stealthsim.

reminder that if you keep any progress in between runs than it is not a true roguelike
POWDER remains one of the best roguelikes you can pick up on mobile

Attached: 20190617_174312.jpg (1150x863, 402K)

oop I misread the thread
continue your discussion of rougelites
still consider trying out POWDER if you've got a moment though

Enter The Gungeon is free right now on Epic, not the best twin stick bullet hell but hey it's free

Any decent zelda clone roguelite? And I don't mean just zelda 1 dungeons like the binding of isaac, I mean something with an overworld and better combat.

Play Monolith.

Attached: 1560179220293.png (1790x768, 74K)

Based and POWDERpilled.

No. The dev is a cuck and abandoned the game instead of continuing to update it.

I wish IVAN didn't get abandoned.

Not a huge fan of the genre but Eldritch is kind of okay

They're posting updates every week, the fuck are you on about?

Shitty irrelevant fixes.
The game has been out for like 4 years now and hasn't had a content update.

It doesn't need one senpai

It does, it's literally as barebone as it can get.

Isaac
Gungeon
Wizard of Legend
Spelunky
Nuclear Throne
20XX
Steredenn

I've had fun with all of those

Games keeping progress is the least of the issues when it comes to people claiming a game is a roguelike. Games that aren't even goddamn turn-based are considered roguelikes these days.

Oh yeah and Necrodancer, how could I forget?

is there any genre more nerdier than the rougelike genre? i imagine players of this genre have thick bottle glasses and acne everywhere.

Rogue Fable.
its a great actual roguelike but its very simple and you can play it using only your mouse.
the first two games are free on kongregate.
the third is currently early access on steam but its fun as fuck and i cant put it down. its also great as an inbetween game or if your listening to something on youtube or a podcast.
its very relaxing and fair. its not too challanging but it can be surprisingly deep despite its simple mechanics.

store.steampowered.com/app/956450/Rogue_Fable_III/

also 1&2 on kongregate.
kongregate.com/games/Justin_wang123/the-rogue-fable
kongregate.com/games/Justin_wang123/rogue-fable-ii
theres also an early version of the third on kongregate but its so far behind that it basically doesnt even represent the current game.

Attached: boomer greg.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

Dredmor is a real roguelike but it's heavily casualized compared to the classic roguelikes of the genre. People tend to love it if they don't have much experience with roguelikes, and people who are really into rogeulikes tend to think it's kind of a watered down roguelike.

Are all americans dyslexic?

Is there any point in playing the first two other than testing the waters for the third, or is the third one just a better version of the first two in every way?

I don't like any of them and refuse to pay for them.

I got stuck on zone 4 cadence for a while but after I beat the necrodancer I beat melody mode on my first run. Now Aria is raping me and I can't even reach the first boss.

Attached: a3168388060_10.jpg (1200x1200, 290K)

For roguelikes closest to Rogue my faves are probably Caves of Qud, Elona, DOOMRL, and Pixel Dungeon, though I don't play mobile much anymore.
Otherwise for Roguelites, I like Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, and Spelunky.

Attached: 1560706454177.png (371x353, 148K)

>third one just a better version of the first two in every way
thats pretty much it. though id suggest giving the second or the third on kongregate a try. before you actually buy the third just to see if its your thing. from a mechanical gameplay perspective theyre the same really. the content and how its presented is different though. and recently the whole map system has changed for the third. instead of going down z levels you now progress and overworld and z levels will make it back eventually for the various areas. but its great fun in my opinion. enchanter and duelist are my favorite classes so far.

Based giga retard.
twitter.com/team_d13/status/1088168767190900736

You get what you paid for.

>that date

Attached: 1543729607968.png (2000x2000, 366K)

>Into the Breach
>Roguelite
What

>Release date - 7 Jun, 2017
>like 4 years

Attached: 1560606570847.png (249x301, 138K)

Spelunky is literally 10/10.

I've played around 80 minutes and I still haven't gotten past the third floor of zone 1. It's a fun game, but god, I'm terrible at it.

Play a couple of runs with the bard so you can easily learn how everything works, then play with cadence.

Bard is babbymode but it does serve a purpose, the basics are easier to learn that way.

Nuclear throne is the best roguelite and everyone who says otherwise is lying.

Noted. I'll give it a shot.

I feel bad about cadence of hyrule being... a hyrule themed game so it has to be a fucking exclusive.

this is my experience with all roguelikes. i think the fact that they are agnostic to the player's success is what makes them the most fun to begin with.

Dead Cells
Risk of Rain

>procedurally generated
>permadeath
>grid-based movement

This is the only correct answer

Attached: hqdefault3.jpg (480x359, 40K)

The best part is you can eat people and hear them begging for their lifes. I love this game.

Anyone ITT ever actually play Rogue?

>procedurally generated
>permadeath
>grid-based movement

Attached: battle-01.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

As much as i like Forbidden Cults nothing will top Embers of Rage in terms of how retarded ridiculous it was
I was chuckling whole way through those bonkers skills and just imagining this fucking turn-based ugly ass smug ogre Bayonetta spectacle with suave steamhats on.
Or just the idea of planting two steampowered saws into the ground and zip through the maps like this
Fucking retarded i love it

this isn't a thread for roguelike games

Risk of Rain is the GOAT if you count that.
Otherwise I've enjoyed Rogue Legacy and Immortal Redneck.

Pretty good indeed, but a bit boring sometimes.

What's a rougelike?

it's like rouge but different

Does One Way Heroics count as a rougelite?

Attached: Dosey.png (640x2880, 2.7M)

FTL

Attached: rouge.jpg (843x524, 84K)

Attached: 1560685796041.jpg (758x644, 64K)

Any rogulike with good graphics like Dredmor?
Dredmor stands at the top for me because of the fucking quality.

Attached: 2013-10-16_00006.jpg (1360x768, 419K)

Definitely

>needing good graphics
ew

This right here, it's pretty refreshing to have a roguelite that gets going as soon as you start

Attached: wol.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

Don't need em but it certainly adds soul to the experience. Dredmor is comfy as fuck. The music, environments and theme of the game is amazing. A lot of roguelikes lack that quality and I mainly see it in roguelites.

Thank you for the rec.

anyone else can't get into new roguelites once they've played their "main" one for too long? i have 400+ hours in gungeon and can't seem to enjoy any other roguelite, need to take a break i guess

Attached: 1556371420811.png (759x691, 415K)

Got it recently and it's definitely my favourite of the bunch, next to Necrodancer. Less randomization due to selecting the starting skills + relic set, but still enough random relics to make runs feel unique. Cheesed my first Sura win with a drain + crit build, but now that I got a better grasp of enemy behaviors and attack patterns it's fun to experiment.

I always get one hit killed playing as warrior-mage. around level 14-20, and I've spent well over 100 hours trying to get it right.

Hundreds in Issac, can't enjoy Gungeon.

You should try the relic that refreshes an arcana if you use another one of a different element on a multi hand, it's fucking amazing

Probably plays similar to the cursed relic that cuts all cooldowns in half, even with lowered damage it gets pretty insane, especially when you have skills with iframes.

The key difference is you keep your damage, by the time you have 6 decent cards the bosses' healthbars fucking melt

like it enough that i unlocked the cultist solo
then i did it again for the alternative pistol skin

Attached: cultist.png (1284x1024, 88K)

ive just hit 300 hours.
only have the ruby bracelet to be enchanted and everything else is completed,unlocked or killed.
thats where i stop.

Tangledeep

Neither, I think he's just confusing rougelite with procedural generated game.