When does it get good?

When does it get good?

Attached: P201609081840430934.jpg (500x700, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrQnnXQh0V2e53QZ4yRpsjA8ebLYm89Ps
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrQnnXQh0V2eshr-DZI7QtGq_EHNG-Vx-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When you get off the title screen

It was good immediately but got much more enjoyable once you get a few of the staple weapons upgraded like the shotgun. If you aren't enjoying the game by hell then you should just accept you have shit taste and drop it.

Right around lvl2 tbf (to be frank).

If you don't like fast paced old school styled shooters then it isn't for you.

10 seconds in, if you don't like it just give up on life OP, you're a boring faggot and will never have an enjoyable life.

>tfw play
>it's actually pretty boring with cool visuals and a story

You have to put it into windowed mode.

If you don't like it straight away, you aren't ever going to like it. Personally really enjoyed it but I can see why others wouldn't. Not too much depth or substance, just good and satisfying old fashioned fun.

About halfway through when you get the cool weapons.

Right after you refund it and the money goes back into your wallet

Should I buy this bros? Played the original doom when it came out, but other than nostalgia I dont really think it was all that awesome. I do like mobility in my fps (i.e. rocketjumping in the quake series and tf2). Does the new doom allow for movement like that?

Attached: churrasco-barbecue-brazilie-bbq2.jpg (1600x1200, 466K)

no rocketjumping
in fact the game plays pretty slow
when you get the haste power up, thats how the game should feel by default, but then the normal movement kicks in and it feels so cumbersome

fpbp

So how is Luigi going to play in Eternal?

Attached: mb6jB1G.jpg (2250x1597, 463K)

The closest thing to advanced movement in the game is Gauss Cannon boosting, but the increased momentum doesn't stay for long.

Well thats a shame. So you dont even run all that fast?

you run faster than most modern fps but not as fast as the classics. the game however doesn't feel slow if that makes sense

I know OP is probably bait but the game actually does take awhile to get really good. Cause the pistol is such crap and the single-barrel and rifle are just meh, and there's not a ton of enemy variety to start. It only gets great once you get the Gauss Cannon and you're fighting Summoners and Cacos and shit.

You run faster than Doom 3, (isn't saying much though), but the upgrade system in the game allows for faster weapon switching/faster glory kills if you feel it's not fast enough for you.

No. It's not a very good game but it is better than most other modern FPS games. It's worth one playthrough if you can get it cheap.

The gameplay is good, but I wish there was a way to disable any cutscenes and dialogue. Especially in arcade mode. Just let me run and shoot and open the occasional door.

>glory kills
>have to kill all the enemies in a section to go to the next one all the time
>boring aesthetics
>awful monster design (the imp literally looks like a mass effect alien or something)
>shitty soundtrack
am I missing anything?

i'd say level three but in all likelyhood this is bait

Based.

I legit get scared when a big ogre spawns. good game, great graphics, awesome sound.

fpbp

kys OP

Is the game scary?

>shitty mutliplayer
>shittier prefab map making in the form of snapmap
there you go

>secrets being marked on the map
>console limitations only allowing less than like, twenty enemies on screen at once
>all that gay as fuck platforming
There you go, bud.

Newfag to Doom here and just finished playing through 2016 and Doom 1 for the first time. Both great fucking games. I'm a few episodes into Doom 2 and holy shit the level design for some of these maps is fucking terrible. Doom 1 had some stinkers as well in the later episodes but imo nothing comes to to being as bad as Refueling base. That was just fucking miserable. Almost every enemy encounter was just a giant empty room filled with like 30 enemies. Fucking garbage. I started looking at who designed which maps on the wiki and you can clearly tell which ones Romero designed just by playing them. They are so much better than the other maps its not even funny. Are any of the maps in Doom 2 as bad as Refueling Base or is the worst behind me?

>shitty soundtrack

Attached: u6UDd9VTXNo.jpg (363x364, 16K)

People always complain about the enemy count, but the thing is the level of AI is so different from the original Doom. In the original the enemies' "pathfinding" was literally to turn in a random direction if they hit a wall on their way to the player. In Doom 4 they can jump around the arena, climb ledges, lead their shots, etc etc. You feel overwhelmed when there's just a dozen active. It's a different style of gameplay from the original but that doesn't mean it's casualized or bad.

It only gets worse m8

>3-4 minutes of shooting
>getting into the zone
>area cleared
>wind down, walk around to find armor and bullets, maybe get lost for 30 seconds
>next area, repeat

The pacing is shit at least at the start, I dropped it because of that. Does it get better?

Thanks bros. I might pick it up and give it a playthrough then. Guess I'll have to wait for quake 5 for more mobility gameplay.

>fast paced
give me a break.

No.

>Its only gets worse
I might just skip 2 and go for 64 then. I don't think I can handle another map as miserable as The Pit or Refueling Station.

If you find being overwhelmed scary, then yes.

After the mid-intro title card drop.

The very beginning is a little slow.

So not suitable for autists?

You mean Hellknights?

When you start getting the pace of the game

>tfw nu-pinkies
They are even more of a pain in the ass in the "classic" levels.

Attached: Dude.gif (488x519, 415K)

Hellknights are tiny now though. Probably the barons.

>old school styled
give me a break

In 1993

>fast paced
>old school styled

Attached: file.png (1000x667, 730K)

fpbp

Attached: 1551671089228.webm (800x800, 2.49M)

Play Final Doom. The both wads are much better, and actually do some justice from the Doom 2 beastiary. Evilution's quality starts to drop after the midpoint though, but Plutonia is a fucking classic, and considered to be best iwad by most of Doom players.

fpbp

It's most old school styles as modern AAA game can get.

>fast paced
oh no no no no no

>all of these butthurt boomers replying to this post

>the game however doesn't feel slow
But that's wrong you fucking moron, the game feels slow as shit. You move too slow to properly evade projectiles which there are a lot of, the double jump is it's only redeeming quality . The movement system is a complete joke.

Play any of these instead

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrQnnXQh0V2e53QZ4yRpsjA8ebLYm89Ps

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrQnnXQh0V2eshr-DZI7QtGq_EHNG-Vx-

Because FUCK nu doom and FUCK boring arena level design.

Attached: Satan.jpg (1066x800, 428K)

almost dropped it until 3rd mission then I finished the rest as quick as possible

Attached: 1560542703020.png (800x445, 476K)

The “finishers” killed this game for me. Because they were 75% of the combat.

I beat the game on highest difficulty with just the pistol. Multiplayer fps has ruined the challenge of pve fps :s

Look at you, linking to youtube videos. You sure pass as an oldskool gamer now, you hug-starved butterball.

Oh, so you didn't play it. I wonder if all this angry shitposting is from poorfags who couldn't run the thing on their moms' work laptop.

This post screams of zoomer trying to look like a boomer for internet cred

As soon as you step out the coffin

>I wonder if all this angry shitposting is from poorfags
Its probably a good amount of boomers who are mad at people having fun

So, you have any arguments to defend this nu-doom garbage that will get completely ridiculed by any classic doom wads instead of throwing petty taunts?
Yeah that's right. Nuthin. Shills BTFO.

Attached: 1560200118203.jpg (563x821, 181K)

>I have small white penis
Fixed.

When you get to hell its fun as fuck

The start was eh until you get the plasma rifle

it doesn't, it looks good and runs very smoothly but the gameplay is terrible along with the story/lore they try to force feed you, it's completely removed from Doom/quake/ any other idtech based shooter along with wolfenstein
>fast paced old school styled
jesus christ do people actually think that it is any of these things?

>So, you have any arguments to defend this nu-doom garbage
Your post had none to begin with, you're in no position to demand arguments in return.
>The “finishers” ... were 75% of the combat.
Go play the game, just to get an idea of what you're shitposting about. Even a youtube video will do for the sake of the argument.

>Internet cred
>on some anonymous platform

Attached: cunt1.jpg (800x723, 108K)

>Shitloads of GZDoom mods, including Brutal Doom.
You have failed. Try again.

>butthurt because no arguments
>can't verify any ip and mistakes me for another poster, probably believe that everyone that hate nu-doom in this thread is the same poster
>le zoomer le boomer le zoomer

fuck you and fuck your shite game shilloid.

Attached: 1535332066660.jpg (480x621, 26K)

What's wrong with wanting to play with +120 framerate, no mouselock and the biggest assortment of good wads and total conversions?

There's nothing wrong with finding the game fun.
Trying to pass a mediocre game off as good while ignoring it's many many flaws is when people start to get argumentative.

>Still nothing relevant about the game.
You're just shitposting for replies. Tell mommy and daddy to pay for a babysitter.

Funny how you're really struggling to name any of those many, many flaws.

Maybe you could try reading the thread? They've been pointed out many times. All you have to do is scroll up, sweetie pie.

>can't immediately identify such piss poor game design
you deserve this shit

Attached: vf111.png (500x525, 45K)

What, am I supposed to state the obvious about doom 2016? There's nothing that makes doom great in this game, it's just a mindless arena shooter with ugly ticks such as executions shoved deeply into the meat of it and breaking the rythme. There's no mods and wads except for a lame map editor. Everyone already knew that.

@466807202
Tell us all about it, in detail. It should be easy if you actually play the game, you retarded attention whore.

Nothing with GZDoom. GZDoom wads themselves are not that good though. All the good (and the best) wads can also be played on prBoom+ (with VERY few exceptions of course).

This thread seems about as relevant as any. Has anyone played Sigil? I've finished a playthrough on Hurt Me Plenty and I'm halfway through Ultraviolence. It's pretty good, feels like a better paced Thy Flesh Consumed.

fpbp

You don't know what an arena shooter is (protip: it's not single player), you think the glory kills are the brunt of the combat and you keep dancing around the subject because you've never played the game.
You're so evidently underage you probably got your opinions from some youtuber, and couldn't even pay attention to that.
Go take your ritalin, kid.

I tried it and it was awful because I'm on switch and it's fucking hardcore with joycons send help
yes you can play it on any hacked switch

Attached: no.jpg (180x135, 6K)

>you're "probably" this of that
>the word you used to describe my favorite game isn't perfectly correct so you're out of the brawl, kid
>you're underage because.

Doom 2016 is shit and you're shit. Fact.

Attached: DzS0JdQWoAUbVJ0.jpg_orig_0.jpg (1079x1849, 250K)

Should I buy Doom or Thronebreaker (witcher)? Im only willing to spend a little bit of money on video games this time, so no I wont buy both.

Attached: 1551976226222.png (383x364, 139K)

Honestly, with the prevelence of blogs like 'Will it run Doom?' I wouldn't be surprised if someone got Doom to run on a potato battery.

No one is arguing the game is flawless you retarded boomer. A game can be flawed and still be really fun. Most people tend to dislike the focus on combat arenas, even the devs themselves said the level design in 2016 was bad. That doesn't mean that the whole game is mediocre because it makes up for mediocre level design with really fun combat.

I hope you mean by hitting the exit button and then immediately uninstalling, because Doom 2016 is trash. It took me ~6 hours to beat Ultra Violence and it was so dreadful that I can't be arsed to play the unlocked difficulties, which is a trash gimmick to artificially extend the life of the game.

@466807868
More irrelevant shit to get replies.

Yeah I know its pretty pathetic

this posts screams of a forced meme cock sucking faggot

Hit a nerve, did I?

It took you 6 hours to watch a let's play of it, more like.

>getting butthurt over someone calling out on how much dick you suck

Based.

Is there a way to fix or at least less the 95% load times problem/bug or am i stuck with a broken game?

Attached: pain.jpg (300x450, 28K)

Normally that works, but I have the money and autism necessary to play and beat a shitty game just to prove you wrong.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (405x478, 56K)

thought so bitch

This
I dont get the seething boomers like
its fucking old school, stop your "muh pixels" - if the game was more linear and arcadey it would be exactly like old times

Cool google search, fag.

EE here, raw power is the one thing you can't scrap to run doom. Literally physically impossible.

when you stop thinking about game-design and gameplay

Mmhm.

Attached: Untitled.png (1386x753, 154K)

>I can't stop sucking all these cocks

Keep playing and get in the headspace for dealing with odd design decisions and you'll be fine. The second half of doom 2 is something else if you're ready for it.

Cool shop, fag.

Play quake 1-2, Blood, shadow warrior, doom 1-2, duke nukem and say this again. There's no labyrinth-like level design, billion of secrets, memorable fights and traps. People saying that doom '16 is like old school fps are full of shit or shills.

>When does it get good?
This. I got bored and stopped half way through hell.

Obviously. The arena's aren't even the game's biggest problem you fucking simpleton.

Is this fun on controller?
I could play it on my PC but I have no space on SSD for these giant ass games and I have 1,5tb hdd on ps4

>controller
>for a fps
Fuck off
It has a weapon wheel which aids in quickswapping if you're using a controller. PS4 version has shit shadow quality. Just bite the bullet and free up space on your PC user.

>weapon mod
>its objectively shitter in every way to the other mod
really made decisions hard for like 4/5 of them

/thread

I think the foundry is level 3. If you don't like that level then the game isn't for you.

>LOL let's lock player in the arena like rooms till he kills all the enemies
>Rinse and repeat
REALLY Doomlike

Since 2016

quakelike

But you can ignore most of the enemies in Quake to finish map

But Shamblers will BTFO you later on

nuDOOM is actually a very competent Painkiller clone.

with shittier movement and maps

Lol okay boomer keep crying while the rest of us have fun playing a good videogame.

this level of cope shouldn't even be possible

But painkiller sucks tho

All these Reddit zoomers think nu doom is like the cool old games they never played

>Played original when it came out
Why you lying

so does nuDoom. So it's an accurate clone.

nu doom is a fucking breath of fresh air

burnt out on most games, rare for anything to catch my eye

play noom

straight thru, one sitting

Hey that was kinda good

the reddit spacing is bait

When you get most of the weapons, legit.

Then why not just play Black Edition?

No level design and pacing is horrendous whoever designed this game should be shot

nu doom is fun though, painkiller isn't

Did id ever fixed the BFG quick wheel exploit?

It's practically a console game first and foremost.

I did. 32 y/o boomer.

Don't you mean breath of fresh the wild :P upboated

>took the bait

>It's practically a console game
is that why the PC version has the option to switch between graphic computing APIs like Vulkan/OpenGL/Direct3D? Is that why it has an actual FOV slider option? Skyrim was made for consoles and has console limitations designed into it. Mod support for DOOM 2016 was severely lacking though, I'll give you that.

Attached: 1559493118624.png (475x200, 115K)

Vulkan was a post-release addition, and the console version has an FOV slider.

Because everyone played black edition in like 2006.

And yet the console version still doesn't have the option to switch graphic APIs and the game design itself had a FOV slider from the start. Having a FOV slider is pretty PC-centric, considering consoles chug if they have to render anything beyond a shitty default FOV of 50-60~.

And when you look at how the rest of the game was designed, it all screams "console".