Is this the most forgetable Zelda game? Not that's it shit...

Is this the most forgetable Zelda game? Not that's it shit, but it just seems to exist without any memorable aspect to it, good or shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the best handheld Zelda.

People dislike it because it's too easy and too short, so you can see why it's not metioned. The titles for the ds are even more forgotten and only remembered for how shit they are, unlike minish cap.

which is a shame, because Spirit Tracks is a genuinely good DS game. great music, puzzles, story, and artstyle.
but because Phantom Hourglass is such an abortion ST is bunched together with it in peoples minds because it uses the same game engine.

Attached: Toon_Zelda_Phantom_Arms_%28Hyrule_Warriors%29.png (1168x1168, 1.33M)

Not even remotely

I never played ST. PH I dropped the moment I was insulted with the abuse of touch screen controls only and the horrible camera and very limited top down view - a lot of people complain about the same thing but seriously, it's fucking terrible.

BotW is the best handheld Zelda.

This, I was going to say Four Swords or something but then I read this post and was reminded that the DS games even existed.

Indeed, Spirit Tracks is

I have no idea why this game holds so much contrarianism now just because people decided it's very easy and short.

Is it even the best Zelda on its handheld?

The game is good regardless of that characteristics. The gbc games have many great things but they are long as fuck at a point that it just feels repetitive and minish cap have some things improved from them in comparison like a more interesting setting, better combat and less exhausting dungeons with a weird complicated design like the oracle games. But it lacks exploration and the world isn't as big.

>less exhausting dungeons with a weird complicated design like the oracle games
The only dungeon I would call exhausting in the GBC games is Jabu Jabu in Ages. I don't remember any other dungeons feeling like they went on for too long or were complicated in any way.

Minish cap had the best art style of any zelda game. Otherwise, yes it's pretty forgettable. I played it back when it was a 3DS ambassador game and replayed it a bit again really recently. It's honestly no easier than any other zelda game though.

Playing ST now. I never got to beat it when it came out, so I'm replaying it. Much better than people make it out to be.

>Spirit Tracks
Kill ALL contrarians

To me this particular Zelda game is the stupidest one. The literal gimmick for this Zelda game is Link shrinking. However because it's on the stupid ass weak Gameboy Advance you cannot get a sense of scale when Link is exploring environments shrunken down because the game is one of those stupid 2D Zelda games which are terrible for environment immersion.

Compare that to 3D Zelda games like when Link has to fight the giant double worm boss in Majora's Mask. You want size shenanigans and sense of scale? Do it in 3D. And knowing Nintendo even if they remade the game they'd be RETARDED enough to remake it Link Awakening style meaning it's still 2D shit with poor immersion and a shit art style. Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you.

I want to fuck a minish.

I actually kind of like it. Maybe even a tad more than the Orace games.

It's amazing how the temptation of 3D and the incompetence of Nintendo's handheld dev teams ruined the DS ones. Fuck you for getting rid of Flagship Capcom.

But the game offered different objects that we know from real life that you could compare and see how small link was.

Attached: minishcap1.jpg (300x200, 20K)

I loved this game as an adolescent, and still love it to this day.
Good taste.

I meant that some of them can make it easy to walk around circles and miss little details which can make things longer and tiring.

The DS Zelda games were ruined by Nintendo's stupid gimmicks. Gimmicks like blowing on the DS. You can tell Nintendo created these gimmicks to stop pirates from emulating the games. In fact that's what all gimmicks are for Nintendo games just a method to stop emulation from running their games.

>In fact that's what all gimmicks are for Nintendo games just a method to stop emulation from running their games.
I haven't touched Nintendo in years, but yeah that's probably why

Attached: 1543308018278.jpg (378x378, 47K)

>tfw like top down Zelda more than 3D
While each game in the series is unique, the 2D games generally have more freedom when it comes to experimentation. Oracle of Ages gave us better time travel implantation and mechanics compared to OoT, Minish Cap was all about scale, Spirit Tracks had Zelda by Link's side at all times, ALttP refining the formula that became the standard with ALBW taking it and managing to make a whole new experience. Hell the only bad top down game is Phantom Hourglass really if you're not counting Zelda's Adventure on CD-i.

Attached: 1483657130674.jpg (800x600, 167K)

the one with trains is the most forgettable one

This. FPBP

*Boat

this game has top notch presentation but the actual dungeon design and pacing are pretty damn mediocre and not engaging, i really dont see why people say its the best 2D zelda. also if my memory serves me correctly doesnt it only have like 5 dungeons? how the hell did they get away with that?

That movie looks like shit desu

>not loving the superior WW
Thats gonna be a yikes from me

Attached: file.png (1600x1000, 2M)

I missed one of the stone things. You know, the ones you joined with NPCs. I checked the entire fucking map, talked to every single character, but I didn't find it.
The game was great, though.

Oracles zeldas were my first zelda games ever, but them along with ds ones are the most forgetable ones.
I played minish cap on gba as well and i recall it being amazing, lately replayed it on 3ds emulator and it's best classic style zelda along with link to the past, link's awakeing and lbw

Also, the pixel art for this game was fucking stellar. One of the best looking GBA games.
I specifically remember the Minish town looking cool as fuck, with the plants, mushrooms, and boot houses.

the world map could have been better
it felt very small and constrained, and most areas you didn't have much reason to come back to because you already explored 95% of it your first way through - chests magically appearing in the area after a kinstone pairing was artificial and didn't add to the exploration

on the plus side though Hyrule Town was the best town in any 2d zelda

Zelda games are quite easy to begin with, especially non 3d zeldas. It could be a bit longer though, it isn't short but it's not twlight princess/oracle games long either (which i didn't like)

I asked this in the previous zelda thread but I want more opinions (because it's a decision I need to make for my own 2d zeldaclone)

do you guys prefer the LttP/MC style "scrolling" screens (each overworld screen is larger than the camera viewport)
or the LA/Oracles style of each screen being 1:1 with the viewport, only scrolling after crossing the camera border

Attached: d0kE9Uc.png (768x351, 76K)

Former for dungeons
Latter for overworld

that's how the Oracle games did it, they had scrolling in the dungeons, the default room size being 1.5x the camera with some rooms being double that
LA didn't have this

Oracles games, but i don't really care. It was just so neat to have everything on one screen, very nice.

>bought TriForce Heroes on launch
>never ended up playing it
>dont know anyone with the game
Does it have a community?

>LA/Oracle style
>result of limited hardware and smaller viewport
>modern screen resolutions aren't squares anymore (just something to consider)
>maps/area size are fixed multiples of screen size
>more frequent screen transitioning
>camera doesn't focus on character
>enemies and objects only exist for that screen

Objectively I think LttP/MC style might be better but it's hard for me to say because I like the Oracle games so much more for other reasons. The last two points might not even necessarily be negative because some people prefer focusing on one screen at a time.

it being a result of limited hardware and the fact that nintendo hasn't used that style for any future games makes it clear that nintendo believes LttP style is the superior choice
and I'm sure they've put way more thought into the design than I have
but I still lean towards Oracle style - I'm not sure if it's a nostalgia thing or if it's just a different style of game that I prefer

as for the screen transitioning that is an easy fix, just have quicker transitions

Ages/Seasons

Ages/seasons are good, but links awakening and minish cap feel more comfy and romantic, and ages/seasons are epitome of comfiness though like the romantic factor

*lack

it's my favorite. it's the only Zelda that I've beaten repeatedly.

>romantic
What does that mean in this sense? Is this an alternative of "soulless"?

Is Triforce Heroes irredeemably boring? I'm sure it's fun with a couple other people, but damned if I'm ever going to try to control two dummies just to play through the levels on my own.

Attached: 91+ZVMp3I6L.jpg (1863x1704, 648K)

>alternative
More like an antonym. Something that is emotional, feels kinda epic or comfy en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism