IT GETS WORSE

twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1140436930137600000
>with the shift to the Switch, the amount of time needed for graphics/animation increased
>apart from the graphics, balancing for new Pokemon with new abilities has become very hard
>the team found that it would be hard for all the Pokemon to appear, even in titles going forward
>the team felt the decision to not include all Pokemon in Sword/Shield is one that had to be made sooner or later for the series
>even in Pokemon Sun & Moon, bringing in every Pokemon was something barely manageable
it was even hard when they had no national dex entries

Attached: TUMBLING DOWN.png (456x499, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1140401581860503552
pastebin.com/d9QCkJtB
youtube.com/watch?v=lSxpEvha2pc
models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonsunmoon/model/18544/
youtube.com/watch?v=28CgyvTu_-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr: gf is lazy and incompetent /thread fpbp

turns out this is in another thread so my apologies

based on a red pill

Incompetent. To think, I almost preordered a game for the first time in years

Imagine if pokemon was in the hands of people that were worthy? Then I'd have to spend money.

cant believe something so stupid is what finally triggered the pokemon faggots to complain about gamefreaks lazy asses ruining the series. better late than never i suppose you fucking autists.

Attached: 1542172471721.png (500x349, 102K)

>>the team found that it would be hard for all the Pokemon to appear, even in titles going forward
So Pokemon are actually getting purged and won't show up in the future? They're just fucking gone?

Attached: 1555292792642.jpg (720x510, 34K)

GameFreak has been incompetent ever since XY.

Why not hire more people with all the money pokemon makes? Even barring just the money the games make and not Pokemon brand as a whole these fucking games sell gangbusters and they can easily hire on more to the team to take care of this shit

>MUH GRAPHICS
Wow! It turns out you get fucking less!

>it's hard so we just won't bother
I'm so glad Nintendo is slowly phasing GameFreak out through other ventures. If only they'd do it for mainline games and hand the keys to EAD, or better yet, Atlus

H~I~G~H
Q~U~A~L~I~T~Y
A~N~I~M~A~T~I~O~N~S

From game to game yes one day your bro is in the next its gone

You should get a new gf

They won't show up until they're in a regional dex for a future game. This might not be a bad thing for common pokemon, but for legendaries this is really bad. Pokemon like Xerneas and Yveltal will probably never be playable again until we get X and Y remakes, and that'll probably be another 10-15 years from now.

>Make a few new ones
>Remove a bunch of old ones
If they keep doing this with every new game, Pokemon will basically be rebooted. How can they get away with this? What is the point of making new Pokemon if you can't even manage them all?

Attached: 1491700309724.png (650x650, 11K)

>creating graphics/animation for a Switch title is too hard
Jesus Christ, how incompetent is GameFreak? This is worse than Bethesda incompetence.

Just a reminder the fanbase is still split twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1140401581860503552

Why should they? That would decrease the profits.

Gamefreak owns a third of Pokemon, if they want gf gone they'd need to buy the rights back at most likely an obscene price. Also apparently some obscure Japanese law prevents Nintendo from just owning all of Pokemon? They'd supposedly have to agree to split it with the Pokemon company who currently owns another third.

NINTENDO
BUY
THEIR
SHARES

I don't buy that for a second
They just don't want to do it just like they didn't want to put in the battle frontier in oras
Their reasoning for that was smartphones
Now they're blaming graphics

The last gen I bought into was 4.
If theyd just kept on making games like HG/SS and Emerald id keep buying them but no we get this garbage instead I'll just play romhacks and SMT from here on out and pirate all of the games till GF can get their shit together

Attached: 1493510683977.png (884x1000, 369K)

Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Smash Bros need to die.

They are not changing it back

why can't they just add them over time as downloadable content? I find it hard to believe they don't have set up a framework that'll allow them to do that and migrate it to new installments

PREASE UNDERSTANDO, HIRING PEOPRE VERY HARDO

Is gamefreak doing this on purpose? Why not just give nintendo full development rights?

So what the hell does Home provide that actually gives the Pokemon we have to leave behind to do?
Nobody is going to strand their Bros in Home over just keeping them in SM

they have the same fucking animations and models

>highest grossing series in the world
>can't hire the necessary staff to program and balance pokemon

SMOGON DOES IT FOR FREE FOR FUCKS SAKE, THESE PEOPLE LITERALLY HAVE NO EXCUSE WHEN THEY CAN PRINT MONEY JUST BY SAYING THE WORD "CHARIZARD" THREE TIMES IN A MIRROR

THEY'RE JUST LAZY AND INCOMPETENT, PERIOD

Attached: 1540048577827.png (335x351, 41K)

ITT:pokebabies don't understand game development

People probably would be less upset if they could actually see the work that was put in. At face value, it looks like the same shit we've been getting for the last 4 games.

>In terms of the feelings of the Pokemon, says Masuda, it’s like them saying, “This region is cold, so I’ll be staying at home.”

Attached: 1550204078053.jpg (446x460, 32K)

>balancing for new Pokemon with new abilities has become very hard
Awwww, boo hoo. Making a video game, putting no effort into it, and still making millions is very hard.

Attached: worlds smallest violin.jpg (480x360, 16K)

They were really hoping for the Switch to fail I think, since the most experience they had at making 3D games was at resolutions of 240p tops. Now the cracks are apparent and they cant hide forever.

you underestimated how fucking lazy Gamefreak is as a whole. they will only do the absolute minimum amount of work and that is that.

last game I bought from them was Yellow on the 3DS E-Shop
Last game I pirated was UltraMoon which was the leaked version. Haven't even played Let's go.

Jesus look at this abomination. why do people still care about pokemon?

>prease undastando

Attached: gamefreak-Q U A L I T Y-wingulls.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

ITS NOT ANIMATED ANY BETTER

WHAT THE FUCK MASUDA

BOY I SURE AM EXCITED FOR THOSE CRAZY IDLE ANIMATIONS OH AND THE SLIGHT FLINCHING ANFTER BEING HIT BY A FUCKING TSUNAMI

It's a fucking travesty how the combat remains so uninteresting to this day, I'd kinda understand not including all pokemon if at least it was for the sake of making combat flashier

Gamefreak doesn't do dlc, unless it's for a game breaking bug

>Even in Sun & Moon, bringing in every Pokemon was something barely manageable
Didn't SM just copy and paste the models and animations from XY though?

So what, do you just expect all 1000 Pokemon to be in a single game? Then 1500, then 2000? Every time?

Do you even know anything about game development?

>Balance in a Pokemon game
Excuse me

Attached: pawns.gif (500x500, 336K)

The models have been future-proofed, the animations are generic to each Pokémon, and every single monster has walking/running animations.
What the FUCK is so hard that it can't be ported to the Switch when it could be in the 3DS???

The only reason they can pull shit like this is because they own part of the Pokemon IP and can't be kicked out, there is a reason Nintendo is investing on making more Pokemon side games, they know GF is completely fucked but can't do anything about it, what is actually worse is that it isn't the whole of GF thats shit, they still have some talent in there as we can see in the other games they develop

>introduce new pokemon
>btw there's too many already established pokemon, we can't recycle all of them it's too much effort
>anyway stay tuned for more reveals of this newly created catalog of pokemon

Attached: 1557376690960.gif (480x480, 71K)

Ninetails is awesome fuck you

for

JUST
HIRE
MORE
PEOPLE

THIS IS NOT HARD, HOW IS THE BIGGEST FRANCHISE EVER IN THE HANDS OF THESE INEPT TIRED LAZY BUSINESSMEN

Attached: 1555244321513.jpg (753x595, 23K)

Hey man, don't talk about ninetales like that.

>inb4 they make a 3d pokemon game with all pokemons and they try to pin that as a selling point
it's bound to happen im calling it now

Cool, can't wait for the elaboration on why hiring more goddamn people isn't an option to help with all those tedious animations that they have hundreds of references for.

Attached: 1511196794467.gif (324x324, 184K)

>the amount of time needed for graphics/animation increased
but they didn't even do animations and the models are the same they have been using for 6 years

>EVERYONE IS HERE

Yes
That;s exactly what they did

It always was gonna happened anyway if not by this installment then the next one. It was a stupid idea for the dev to keep increasing the amount of Pokemon by hundreds every time.
I frankly never even fucking bothered to "catch em all" after the first game anyway since its too much of a pain in the ass, so I don't know what these manchildren are crying about.

Attached: 1560516424070.jpg (724x1024, 110K)

>>with the shift to the Switch
So they're practically so adverse to making home console level pokemon games, that they prefer straight up throwing in the towel?

I don't get it.
Didn't they made all models and animations future proof since XY so this wouldn't happen?
Are they this retarded?

Attached: 1449330958979.jpg (250x250, 22K)

If you don't buy me, you will die!

Attached: hqdefault (7).jpg (480x360, 11K)

These guys have spent the last 20 years annually releasing titles for one of the most profitable franchises in history and they can't justify hiring a few extra artists? The 3D models for Pokemon aren't even that detailed, one dude could probably churn out at least 1 or 2 of them a day.

>Jesus look at that old abomination, how can anyone not care about Pokemon now?

It'd be cool if they made a mainline series and a battle-oriented series.

Why don't they just reuse models and animations from the 3DS games?
Why don't they just stop making so many new Pokemon?
Why don't they just hire more competent developers?
Why don't they just hire more developers in general?

Attached: 1532499690028.png (320x353, 82K)

Maybe if they weren't shitty coders, they'd actually be able to do it. Besides, they're just models used for a static turn-based battle system. They literally have nothing else.

Attached: competent programming.jpg (1056x1200, 248K)

>>the team found that it would be hard for all the Pokemon to appear, even in titles going forward
Then WHAT the fuck was the point of advertising Pokemon Home?!

because of the gacha trend in japan pandering to lonely otaku, they think its a harmless way of getting otakubucks. It's funny cause the argument sounds like social justice warrior shit but the reality is the soulless pandering to these fucking morons has ruined the integrity of the games, it makes the developers lazy because they know they can push out garbage products and still have stuff fly off the shelf

If you thought smash rosterfagging is bad wait until you see this

Attached: tiredgeo.png (1280x800, 620K)

I'm not saying to let them take over, but god damn, get Monolith to help you, Gamefreak

Attached: Monolithsoft_logo_2.jpg (480x480, 30K)

Why waste time future-proofing your models and making running animations if you're just going to scrap them the second you jump up a console generation?

Attached: IMG_20190604_143521.jpg (1058x763, 98K)

didn't they do that with XY with the exception of legendaries?

>the team felt the decision to not include all Pokemon in Sword/Shield is one that had to be made sooner or later for the series
Honestly, this really isn't unreasonable. It's definitely not unusual for other games to cut characters to keep balance more manageable and I could easily see how competitive players might be thrilled that a pokemon in a given game is better/worse simply due to the other pokemon included in that game. The problem is they haven't done a goddamn thing to earn this easy way out. A month ago we had them introduce Home, a feature that is a one way trip for anything besides Sword/Shield, while specifically talking about how amazing it is that this is a franchise that lets people bring their progress all the way from Ruby/Sapphire to today. And their first console release being nearly the same as the handhelds they've been making forever completely discredits the idea that effort that would be going towards bringing every pokemon in is now being spent making the rest of the game better.

Honestly this might not be as much of an issue. It hasn't been uncommon for past games to find ways to bring other legendaries in post game. It's still entirely possible for other legendaries to be included in dexs that they weren't introduced in.

>graphics
>balancing
Those graphics look unbalanced as fuck.

Attached: IMG_20190616_223849.jpg (900x600, 75K)

>>with the shift to the Switch, the amount of time needed for graphics/animation increased

Bullshit. Gamefreak specifically make the new models for the 3DS games extremely high quality so they could be used for future Pokemon games for long-ass time

PREASE UNDASTONDO, COPY PASTING VERY HARD

>Why don't they just stop making so many new Pokemon?
Oh but when they add so few new Pokemon, (gen 6, gen 7) you autists bitch about it too and call them lazy.

There's no fucking pleasing you people.

They would need TPC's help.

>Why don't they just reuse models and animations from the 3DS games?
they are
>Why don't they just stop making so many new Pokemon?
they are
>Why don't they just hire more competent developers?
>Why don't they just hire more developers in general?
(laughs) haha I really don't know!

Attached: -1oPQ1kz_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>exacerbates GameFreak's incompetence by further cleaving their development staff
Heh nuthin personnell, kid

Boy, Town better get a 97 on Metacritic to justify this insanity.

How come they won't at least reach out to Nintendo's development teams or subsidiaries, or at least bring in one of the numerous other independent studios that's affiliated with them or Nintendo properties to help out with this massive undertaking? I ain't heard shit from Genius Sonority or Grezzo in a hot minute. Or at least grab a few janitors from Monolith, those guys can make a giant ass world.

GameFreak has been incompetent since their inception.
It's just that
>1. GB/GBA/DS were low power and not very demanding to the point they could shrug this shit off
>B. Iwata was available and alive during the first two gens and could manifest his autism into fixing entire games in a weekend

It's just that their issues have become more notable when they had to make the leap to 3D.
Think about stuff like Wind Waker HD. Aonuma had them make that just so they could get used to HD development in preparation for full-steam ahead BOTW work.
GameFreak has no equivalent of that beyond the rushed LGPE, jumped into the deep end blind, and decided to tie a boulder to their feet for the hell of it.

Attached: town.jpg (1500x938, 243K)

I'm honestly tired of new Pokemon and wish they would just expand on the older ones through other forms or evolutions. We're at like 900-something now and there's maybe like 300 that nobody fucking cares about. We don't need a new Pidgey or a new Pikachu copy every fucking game.

Attached: 1558172512515.jpg (1199x583, 44K)

Attached: shenmue.png (2700x1088, 2.66M)

>balancement

Compfaggots were a mistake

>with the shift to the Switch, the amount of time needed for graphics/animation increased
Funny since it looks like shit and the animations are just wiggling in place

Iwata would have slapped Game Freak straight if he was just alive and healthy. You know it's true.

Attached: 1436754300692.png (848x494, 457K)

Fucking this. I've been saying this for a while, they got all the art assets fucking done and ready for it, I honestly see no reason for them to abandon the national dex.

its like watching a heroin addict trying to justify themselves

They have to get you to pay for never ending Home service somehow right? It's a cash grab. There is no way that they are working as hard as other devs who make good looking Switch games.

OHHH NOOOOOOO!!!

WE WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE OVER 1000 MONSTERS

Trimming the fat was bound to happen one day.

Pokemon is littered with countless shitmon.

Attached: 1200px-504Patrat.png (1200x1200, 521K)

Attached: 1548194323909.png (151x175, 29K)

>Iwata died when Sun and Moon was being in production
>The game's programming was so bad that it fucking killed him

Just delay the game and make it better please GameFreak I used to like you please don't hurt me anymore.

Attached: 1560404550440.png (744x492, 19K)

theyre too busy saving Zelda

I genuinely forgot this thing existed. I should make a list of Pokemon that don't fucking matter at all.

Why did they ditch Mega Evos? Watching so many forgotten pokemon suddenly become useful gave me hope for the future of the series.

Pokemon needs a soft reboot. Continue the series but wipe out most of the irrelevant, barely used species/Pokemon. There are way too fucking many that are just awful, or forgettable, or never used.

I would reboot the series with 50 Pokemon from each generation and introduce maybe 25-30 new ones each gen instead of 100.

Now lets post some pokes that will never ever be seen for now on

Attached: 206-Dunsparce.png (300x281, 48K)

MatPat is my favorite pokemon, fuck off.

Is anyone else glad Pokemon is finally collapsing in on itself? It was like a wobbly tower of blocks getting more and more unstable the more Pokemon they added and now the tower finally fell with Sword and Shield.

So how's /vp/ taking in all of this shit

If the wings flap the game becomes unbalanced, please understand.

>>
You may as well just replay the classic titles one more time or just move on. Its another example of a classic series held hostage by an incompetent studio, and LGPE didnt fail like it should've either so GF is free to do as they please.

Attached: 1551149986933.png (945x630, 367K)

This series has been a fucking scam for decades, since the very first iteration it's been lacking in depth and several years behind in graphics but you all ignored it.

I'm just laughing my arse off at all the drama now, I can't believe it took you idiots this long.

Attached: 50638510_597812464004600_2555669949146676930_n.jpg (750x750, 62K)

Ditched because I have no fucking idea actually. I hated them so I don't miss it but they're still there, and now they've dropped Y moves or whatever for DYNAMAX. What the hell is the point of introducing a gimmick if you're just going to drop it instantly, but not entirely?

>So what, do you just expect all 1000 Pokemon to be in a single game?
Yes? They're moving to full HD now, If they took the time to do the models correctly that would mean they're good for the entire Switch generation, even if they do a Gen 9. Then, when "Switch 2", or whatever, is released and has PS4 level graphics they can import those models and just tweak them. It's pretty obvious they'll never abandon the cartoon look. Why can't they just establish a VERY organized system for adapting new Pokemon to new generations right now so this isn't a problem? Nobody is saying recreate 2000 models for a game when it's not necessary and only 400 are relevant, but goddamn there's nothing wrong with importing them. People would rather have their Pokemon available even if they have the same model,animations,stats. Especially when it hasn't been an issue in the past.

More like gay-mexplain haha

Attached: 2580496824.png (287x289, 81K)

It's hilarious that they are just now waking up to the fact it's a subpar children's rpg.

Yes awesome hopefully soon they remove all old pokemon and its just new ones lovely news

Corsola
luvdisc
lumineon

80% of water types really

Why do you even exist?

Attached: Stantler.png (1080x1080, 359K)

cor blimey how fucking awful

>there is a reason Nintendo is investing on making more Pokemon side games
Yeah but TPC does fuckall to market them because they blew the budget on paid scores for USUM and the like, because of that:
This
Reminder that:
>Stadium is dead
>Pinball is dead
>Ranger is dead
>MD is dead
>Pokepark is dead
>Conquest is WAY beyond dead
>Even Trozei/Shuffle is dead
>Rumble is on Mobile hell and looking at Shuffle it will be dead un 3yrs~ minimum
>DP is standing but only because Warner didn't want to use Ash as a Main character beacuse there's 22 movies with him
>Pokken underperformed twice and they may had canceled the 3rd DLC Pack in favor of a Vanguard figthan (and considering that the Vanguard fanbase isn't as casual as the Pokémon one + the fact that is multiplatform means that it will probally outsell PT and PTDX combined)
>And TPC wants to erase them like how China does with june 4th 1989

why are they pretending to give a fuck about balance now?

The worst part is they already did, that was literally the thing with XY's models, the entire catalogue of legacy pokemon is fully modeled and animated, needing only higher res textures and new shaders, and they have been using them since. If they had maybe done substantial updates or changes it would make sense, but its literally all the same still.

It isn't nearly as easy as "just hire more people", but you would think such a large franchise would invest in a bigger development house, external help, delay the game and what have you to properly bring it up to HD console standards, they have the money. But they can get a tiny studio shit out handheld quality games with less content and people will still buy two copies at 60$ each, they have no incentive to care and its because of that they can have one out each year and make so much money.

both are cute bro

Zelda doesn't need saving

most of /vp/ is having a breakdown because 'not muh bros', but there's still a sizeable chunk of bootlickers/trolls defending this shit heap.

Why aren't they just going to patch them in later? I think people would be way more understanding if not all 1000 pokemon were available but they slowly rolled them out in batches, like Xbox backwards compatibility or Pokemon Go.
This isn't the fucking early '00s, you can patch games.

Aren't people paying for fucking Home/Bank? They really charging something that can't even accomplish its most basic function.

Attached: 1534694150627.png (1079x796, 637K)

It's an easy excuse.

/thread

Attached: 63872034_2168001516650066_2469561853957636096_n.jpg (600x624, 28K)

>GameFreak has been incompetent since their inception.
I mean
Pulseman was kinda neat

So what?

Millions of soibois will buy this game, it's the same situation as Pokemon Let's Go, people will hate it but they will still eat Gamefreak shit.

Also

>Being over 25 years old and still playing Pokemon games

Literally have sex

Attached: 315975.jpg (431x326, 20K)

Attached: Lickilicky.png (1200x1200, 690K)

PLEASE UNDERSTAND, IT'S ALL FOR THE SAKE OF BALANCE, CAUSE YOU KNOW WE DO CARE ABOUT THAT A LOT

Attached: landorus-therian.jpg (819x1000, 148K)

Cool. This means that on all future Pokemon games, my decision on whether or not I play them hinges on if Gardevoir is in the game.

Who's Town's director and producer?

>the people in the replies just saying how this is a good thing and people need to stop bitching at GF
>a gay waifufag in there saying that it now makes this totally fine and people should just buy it
I can't say I expected more. I knew after a week that they'd go back to not caring about this and just demanding that other people buy it and their criticisms make them not a "real fan."

And you wanna know the worst thing
still going to sell

How come all the game journos are not asking the hard hitting questions, like what do they think of the negative backlash all around the world? Afraid that Daddy Nintendo will blacklist them from future events?

They're just regurgitating the same questions they did during E3.

>Why aren't they just going to patch them in later?
>trusting GF to do this

Attached: jakOI6m.png (978x648, 1.64M)

>those shit graphics are too demanding
wut

And they expect you to pay 60 dollars for this.

They sure learned a lot from releasing Lucario. Furry bait shit sells

Attached: 250px-448Lucario.png (250x250, 39K)

Yokai Watch has 752 monsters already? What the fuck

Anyone upset about this is just autistic and GF is right. Do you know how hard it is to balance 1000 things? Honestly you only get to use 6 at a fucking time anyway, I'd rather have a game of so many new pokemon I can experience than 1000 that are unbalanced and I just use the same 6 as before.

If anything what they need to do is just announce the end of adding new pokemon and officially all have been discovered (minus maybe 1 or 2 new ones every 5 years) and then work on balancing what they have and maybe expand to fucking 12 pokemon in a party or some shit.

I'll miss my waifumon :(

Attached: 1551825915573.png (850x850, 143K)

What does programming have to do with anything

They have been showing incompetent they are since the Gold/Silver days when they had Iwata save their asses

People have pokemon themed weddings, cosplay as Ash and Misty, with their kid in a pokemon costume. They have been having sex for a while now.

Every time, someone brings up Monolithsoft and everyone worships their fucking feet, but I am now convinced none of you have actually fucking played a single one of their damn games.

Here's the thing about Gamefreak: you can keep saying they're incompetent over and over again, but when it comes to the actual storage and safekeeping of your pokemon, as long as you don't throw in a bad egg or transfer them to gen 1 where the base mechanics are completely different, they are rock solid, stable, don't have to worry about them getting fucked up permanently or getting bugged out, you know they're fine.

Now Xenoblade X and 2, those are very VERY unstable, unpolished games with genuine severe bugs that can crash the game at practically any moment, or worse, permanently impede progress. Particularly in Xenoblade 2, it is quite possible for your blades to become bugged and be permanently unable to have any sort of growth, the game can softlock at any point in the menu if it's been on for long enough, and some sidequests can be rendered unbeatable if you just go to the wrong place at the wrong time. Now imagine if there was a bug that, completely out of nowhere, just caused one of your favorite pokemon to stop gaining EVs entirely. That would cause a COLOSSAL uproar, almost as big as what we're seeing right now. But no, the worst bug we've seen pretty much to this day is the Lumiose City save crash which was patched relatively easily.

As a fan of Monolithsoft's games who has actually played them, believe me, you do not want them handling your pokemon.

>Gen 9 goes back to the Game Boy graphics

Attached: 1550568883796.png (275x326, 110K)

I still love Pokemon but I haven't played it since gen 4 since it's just the same shit time and time again but with worse looking pokemon. I just wish they'd make a pokemon game that was even half as good as it could be.

Attached: 1546311234083.png (693x504, 385K)

The real reason that their culling some of the Pokemon is that they want to remove them for the sake of having more Pokémon on the game rather than to save money. They can get away with less as they do not have to pay for Pokemon's to be used so they can simply add more to the game by culling and removing them. You can play Pokemon Emerald (even for free before the credits roll) and you will see a huge increase in Pokemon on the screen and you will know they want to add to the game and it will save them money. In fact, I found a bunch of the Pokemon in the Gold/Silver versions would become rarer as I played the game and so was just going to eliminate them entirely because the player would eventually gain more without having any of them available from that game.

The real reason the breeding system in the games is in a mess is because the players are completely unaware of the rules or at best they are not aware that the breeding system exists and they should not be forced to start doing it, if at all possible, because they are not going to want to and do not understand or enjoy it, while the other Pokémon in the game will be more of an enjoyment to play with and enjoy the fun of the breeding system, just as a joke. The only people playing Pokemon Emerald after buying the game and breeding their Pokemon are those who are playing in competitive tournaments. No one else is really interested in playing and breeding with Pokemon and they're just interested in having fun with their friends. There's even a few players, like myself, who are constantly telling people to go out and have fun with others as part of their Pokémon breeding game. These people often end up losing so they get sent to a local game server or are forced to move in. In Emerald's end I was lucky enough to get sent to my local private server and play a few games with people from other regions but for the most part, I'm still getting sent to the local servers.

Attached: cute.gif (500x375, 1.78M)

sounds like to me that they're fucking bored and fed up with pokemon and want to work on a completely different IP that looks pretty boring from the information we were given about it.

>cutting Kantomons
Are you trying to kill Pokemon? Cause that's exactly the reaction you'll get from casuals and normalfags.

I think the most amusing part of this is that pokefags will still buy this game. Like Nintendo will make a shit ton of money off this no matter how much bitching there is. This whole thing is as meaningless as trying to get news of CNN.

>>Pokepark is dead
Make a new one, please!
But not like this. Seriously. What's happening? Pokepark 1, -one-, looked amazing in comparison to what is happening.

They'll take the backlash and ensure there are only less than 50 new Pokemon for the next generation.

Imagine having your fingers deep in the pie of the single most profitable franchise on the planet and still being incapable of including all of your franchise's previous content, then attempting to justify it while not offering anything of substance as a replacement for that content.

I skipped gen 7 and I'll skip this one too, this shit is pathetic. Game Freak has ONE fucking job, which is to make good games, and they can't even manage that with their boatloads of money. They just fuck up every generation in some new way and pretend it's fine.

Attached: angery pupper.jpg (400x400, 10K)

>WHOA MAN IT'S SO HARD TO INCLUDE ALL THESE POKEMON
>romhackers do it in 5 minutes
GF is a joke

>it will still make millions
this is the future we made

Guys I haven't played since Diamond/Pearl how does Pokemon bank works it really sounds interesting

bros
2 fucking decades

no it doesnt. pokemon sells, no matter how retarded or how bad they get it sells. they just make that trash and simplified pokemon to produce easier models and toys.

i'll take it SO LONG AS we don't see the same basic pokemon recycled in future games going forward.

Like obvious Pikachu gets a pass because he's the "icon" of the franchise, but in future games i want to see them work on developing completely new pokemon per region. if they're using the "too many pokemon to bring over" excuse then they shouldn't be allowed to recycle shitty and useless "early game" pokemon over and over again between generations. I shouldn't have to fight waves of Ratta, caterpies, pidgeys, etc... over and over again if they aren't willing to put in the effort to bring ALL previous pokemon over.

They're right

Will it sell well? Of course. Will it sell well for Pokemon? That's debatable. XY sold significantly less than BW. Afterwards, SM sold less than XY. LG's sales were a fucking joke for the franchise.

We have no idea. Not a peep out of them since its debut almost a year ago.

Didn't Pokken sold more than 1m copies on Wiiu plus 1.5m copies on the Switch port?

That's the thing, if they had said:
>It's a balance thing, and not every animal is in every country in the first place. We can't always have the same mechanics or it gets stale. We want to have full control or what we can add or take away from generation to generation.

Then whatever. That'd be for the sake of the game and their vision for it. But this excuse just makes them sound lazy and pathetic.

Attached: 1559271281967.png (449x470, 25K)

It's essentially just a storage service for Pokemon. You upload them from one game to bank and then transfer them to another game from the bank.

At least that was how it's supposed to work

shit that's what gonna happen isn't it
recycling shit

Tfw no gf

It's too COLD. Go HOME & SLEEP.

Attached: RR.jpg (310x279, 14K)

If we are being honest, there are a good 50-100 shitmon that they could cut out and nobody would shed a tear over their losses, it still doesn't excuse GF being a lazy dev team.

That means the game is so disgustingly bloated that all the space in the cartridge has run thin. This means that they couldn't even fit in all the Pokemon when any normal developer could do it. Rather than try to optimize the game better to make up more space, they just take the lazy route and axe nearly half the Pokemon roster in the game, the one thing that gave the franchise its own identity from other Monster Collecting franchises.

I can think of at least 10 reasons why they should keep all the pokemon in the game:

1) They add depth in the game and make learning easier. It's really not all that hard to teach someone about the game if they're already familiar with how to play and understand what moves they must know. For example, if you teach me every pokemon in the game, I'll be very happy with an understanding of the game which is the real reason why people are downloading pokemon games in the first place.

2) The experience is different. A lot of pokemon games have the same level of challenge, and when trying to learn new abilities, players become discouraged because they think they may still get bored. However, you're teaching new trainers how to play and how to learn new moves. If you tell them new moves and then forget to teach them those moves again later they won't get more confidence from the game. And if they actually learn the moves they should be trying them on again later, then that will only encourage them to play more of the game! This is what really keeps games fresh and entertaining.

3) It gives the pokemon more challenge.

4) I didn't play a lot of pokemon games back then so I didn't know they played this game.

5) I've seen it in a couple pokemon games but I don't recall playing this one.

6) I think in the anime this character fights a couple guy that are really evil and really evil, and the guy that fights him is evil and has a pet dragon, and he fights them and they're evil and it also fights a really cute girl named Cami!

7) I don't really play it anymore, but my brother who played pokemon, just so happen to be old enough to have this game.

8) I would like to know if it was ever re-released for the Super NES because I was really into it back in the day.

9) This is a Pokemon game for the NES and the same in that they're not even called 'Pokemon' anymore.

10) I just think it's weird to have one Pokémon game where you go to a new land.

Attached: ukyfku.jpg (1600x1600, 126K)

Clearly Pokemon should have never gone 3D.

Tell me, Yea Forums. Whose Pokemon did Jirachi "Prease understandu" Masuda snapped from you?

Regi trio for me. They're fucking gone

Attached: 1498013701336.gif (499x428, 491K)

Why in the hell are these jackasses lying. These cowards don't even have the decency to tell the truth even though the game looks like a piece of shit compared to every other game showed at E3. The only exception is the new Contra but it's clear the devs did that on purpose. Anyone that allows this excuse to go unchallenged is absolute fucking idiot.

Hell I would have rather they went with the let's go Pikachu/Eevee artstyle instead.

that's so fucking stupid. All assets for all pokémon already exist, and the attack animations are all shared across everyone so it's not like they have to be fine tuned for each pokémon, ffs blastoise is still shooting shit from his mouth in 2019

Never thought I would ever see a Gamefreak apologist

Sounds like they're inept and/or understaffed.

Do you think they laugh at us behind closed doors?

Attached: 20190616_111728.jpg (791x576, 218K)

Just let it go.

Or you know. Just skip it over and call anyone that doesn’t care about transferring Pokémon a bunch of shills

Digimon did it.

It almost want me to go out and buy a 3DS it's compatible with which games exactly? Is there a site?

for once this is not the otaku's fault.

Is this a fucking bot?

even the fucking animations in poke stadium had more life to em than the new bland, static ones.

Attached: 33epko.jpg (500x597, 113K)

By the looks of it, Scrafty. My bro hasn't been cacthable a game for almost ten years.

Attached: 1552598859776.jpg (383x315, 51K)

Remember how people correctly predicted that Sony would go to hell once they became popular enough, and no longer care about their fans now that they rake in fat stacks of cash?

Well, Nintendo is next on the block. Now that the Switch is the hottest new money-maker on the block, Nintendo won't care anymore.

so what, hire another animator or two
>apart from the graphics, balancing for new Pokemon with new abilities has become very hard
so lock the full dex behind completing the game, including trades if trades are such a big deal, this isn't team rocket science
>the team found that it would be hard for all the Pokemon to appear, even in titles going forward
yeah because it would require an extra animator or two for a multi-million dollar franchise that clearly can't afford that
because they're lazy and cheap
>even in Pokemon Sun & Moon, bringing in every Pokemon was something barely manageable
sun and moon did that just fine, the problem with sun and moon was the fucking endless dialog about nothing and the excessive linearity early on

*steals a slot from your favorite mon in every future game from now on*

Attached: Gyarados.png (250x250, 59K)

This can't be real...

might as well post the whole kanto dex

Why the fuck do people even care? It's a kids game, they are making it for kids. Do people actually still play through these games and get invested in them?

>Regi trio for me. They're fucking gone
Fucking what? I figured the legendarily were at least safe.

GF has the most enviable position in all of games. They're basically subsidized by a media conglomerate and are lucky enough to have significant ownership in the IP which sells no matter what. Games have potato budget but without fail get COD type sales. Then they can sell a slightly remixed version a year after for another 10 mil

oh here we go. The "ITS FOR KIDS" excuse

most of them are palette swaps/variants
like old ninjas from mortal kombat

>every different interview with masuda has a different excuse
>I-ITS HARD TO GET THEM ALL IN
>NOT EVERY MON FITS IN THE ENVIRONMENT
>UHHH NEW MECHANICS
>WE WANT YOU TO USE NEW MONS?
>please understand
it wouldnt be as bad if he picked a fucking excuse and stuck with it

dunno i don't play new pokemon game for old pokemon

Reminder that dynamax uses three extra models for every pokemon since gamefreak doesn't know how to resize.

>Hoenn mons just use their RS sprites when imported into FRLG
And look, no one complained. This is a perfectly reasonable ask, but GameFreak is a perfectly incompetent developer.

Not an excuse, just wondering why you people even care.

POKEMON RAKES IN MONEY

EVERY TITLE MAKES MILLIONS NO MATTER WHAT IT'S LIKE

JUST HIRE MORE PEOPLE

What's weird is that it's not like Pokemon doesn't have competition - other monster collection games have risen and fallen. For some reason ONLY Pokemon has this kind of staying power.

>The only exception is the new Contra but it's clear the devs did that on purpose.
Is it? I unironically think that this is that rumoured Contra game from way back during the Wii days that Konami mentioned but never ever surfaced with Konami practically exiting videogams altogether.
So rather than being shit on purpose, I think it's a literal Wii tier game being dragged up from development hell and finished for the Switch without any real effort to remake the game or its assets. Just wrapping it up in a way that can ship.

This isn't Nintendo. Nintendo just reacted to the backlash of no co-op with friends in Mario Kart in a few days. This is a big mess that comes exactly from Game Freak being a separate company from Nintendo and Nintendo mostly leaving them to their own devices aside from asking for their support at key moments.

>might as well post the whole kanto dex
Fuck you, they'll never bring back my nigga Tangela

Passing around the bingos, we're in for a shill night

Attached: 1560441708544[1].png (631x800, 361K)

This happens to nearly any console maker when they get big enough, like MS during 2013. They think they can serve shit and get away with it.

I want sprites back

for the love of fuck 3D was a mistake

It'd be easier to guess what Pokemon are safe from the chopping block.

You stupid fucking moron, at WHAT POINT did I defend this decision? ALL I have given them credit for is being able to keep your pokemon stored without having to worry about some memory leak issue killing them off or something of the like, which is what's EXPECTED of them. I just refuse to turn a blind eye to blind parroting and hivemind worship of a company that has, in recent memory, put out VERY buggy games and should not be trusted with that much of a burden

Attached: 1539359732397.jpg (500x552, 76K)

>Footage of Sword and Shield looks like dogshit
>"Well naturally it's not all going to look amazing, they've got like 900 pokemon to model and animate"
>Not even all the pokemon
>Still looks like shit
>Still barely fucking animated

hohohohoho

Attached: 1554852600915.jpg (250x233, 4K)

My boy Scrafty

The problem is Gamefreak though. Nintendo clearly cares because they are throwing money to get smash characters, delaying games like Animal Crossing to get it polished and straight up kicking out devs who can't make good builds of Metroid Prime 4. Nintendo is putting in the work, Gamefreak is not. I refuse to penalize Nintendo for this bullshit.

>Waste all that time converting the models to 3D to be reused forever
>Just say fuck it

Attached: confused (2).jpg (219x230, 6K)

it's all a ruse and they'll "pull through" and make it work expecting praise for "listening to the fans" either before release or afterward via dlc or an "ultra" version again

it's the same as what they're doing with the sonic movie and everyone immediately predicted it then, so why not now?

Attached: 1452982543315.jpg (379x418, 55K)

That's mediocre even for a Figthing game
The Vanguard game (if it's actually real) will end up selling more than Pokken, screencap this.

Please tell me Aron's gonna make it. Please fucking tell me

Attached: 1542477657402.gif (480x265, 3.62M)

Gen 4 remakes are coming up no? Tangela is guaranteed inclusion.

Just because they're not in Sword/Shield, that doesn't mean they're going to be going away forever.

Pokemon appear and disappear between games all the time, the only difference here is that the models will not be present in the game.

Gamefreak is out of their depth
They cap out at handheld levels, console scale pokemon is clearly beyond their ability

Why do they need to cut Pokemon to balance? Why can't they just implement ban lists? Or just formally adopt Smogon tiers and update them as the metas evolve?

>be gamefreak
>be responsible for a series that has made no forward progress in development since its inceptions
>literally the same game repeated
>cant even handle that

Lets be honest, its barely kids playing Pokemon now unless it ever gets a smartphone app. Its mostly older teens and boomers.

Attached: untitled.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

Sorry if my passion for pokemon might make you think that I'm a fucking robot you asshole. All I did was spend so much time on the internet trying to learn how to play this game, I want to teach you, I want to teach you so that it can be played just like I taught you.

I am gonna ask you about the game. First of all, I would really encourage you to learn the lore for this game. It's really simple, just follow one of the steps and the lore will come naturally to you. But for those that don't know, Lore is how this whole game plays, it's all about characters, stories, characters, personalities, and personalities. You have these characters that will make any story in your mind feel like a story in the game.

So the basic idea of Lore is to write your character's personality from a person you've met, and also some of the background things they know in each world. A profile will help you to see that you haven't made much changes to the game to make it different from any world you've gone to.

So this is one of the challenges here because it may sound a little scary, but it really can't get any worse than that — to have your mind and your mind-parts taken over and used as an instrument and you feel like you are in this weird machine that is doing what it's telling you to do, but your mind has been taken over, with a chip in one of your circuits so your mind can't see anything except your computer and your mind-parts to do this, and you are forced to make choices you aren't supposed to make, and you're forced to make some decisions that are not what you were meant to make. And you're not in any way like the other boy — there's not going to be any sexual tension with him or any sexual desire, so there's no relationship that would cause you to feel sex with him when the game doesn't need to. In fact, the game is made so that you can't have any sexual desires. If you actually get to play as the boy next door, and he is going to learn how to talk and talk..

Attached: 1442321421289.png (1981x2301, 1.04M)

>Literally have sex
yikes, I may actually have to now.

Attached: 316836484838.gif (480x428, 1.3M)

Are my Duskbros dead?

Fix'd it for you bro.

Attached: 1560740131815.jpg (500x597, 190K)

>I-ITS HARD TO GET THEM ALL IN
>NOT EVERY MON FITS IN THE ENVIRONMENT
>UHHH NEW MECHANICS
>WE WANT YOU TO USE NEW MONS?
He could have just BWed it and made them postgame.

yep. i can already see it as an excuse to limit the creative design of new pokemon and keep passing off previous pokemon because "fan favorites" and other bullshit excuses.

it's just a way for them to shortcut their workload and charge us for the privilege. Either they put in the work to bring them ALL and keep shortcutting us on new ones, or put in the work to create an entire new dex over the next few games.

anything less than that is complete bullshit but they're going to try and do it anyway.

Are you a retard? Franchises don't become worth billions of dollars unless grown adults with disposable income invest heavy in them.

I hope GameFreak gets publicly fired after this game severely underperforms in sales and ratings. Maybe we'll get actually good developers next generation.

Attached: ratto.jpg (640x641, 66K)

The balance defense is especially hilarious coming from the company that thought Stealth Rock was a good idea.

This is a bot

This is either a bot or a schizophrenic. Second guy, if you can comprehend this post, stop fucking posting, thanks.

>linking to twittwat instead of actual article
OP is just as incompetent

I just realized the wings don't flap.

This might be the first time I've wanted to play a game but absolutely not pay for it.

WHAT DID THEY FUTURE-PROOF ALL THE 3DS MODELS FOR THEN

Would have been 100% acceptable, at least to me. That gave me a better chance to the learn the new ones

NINTENDO
FIRE THIS MAN

Dude fucking Botw was complete and utter trash. Its just a really poor playing skyrim knockoff. Its the worst zelda game in the sense that it lacks everything that has always made zelda games unique. Its not a bad open world sandbox just a shitty "Zelda" game.
And theyre making a second one thats fucking scary to me because we'll never get anything like WW or Majoras again

Scrafty. It's not fucking fair. First fairies, now he doesn't even exist.

pastebin.com/d9QCkJtB

Jesus you guys weren't kidding, so many water types fucking suck. It's weird because I like a lot of water types. Anyway it seems like you could cut out 93 and literally nobody would give a shit. Honestly you could ditch baby Pokemon altogether too I feel.

Attached: 1544196738299.gif (106x118, 7K)

Nintendo is not Gamefreak. Gamefreak are just absurdly incompetent at coding.

Yo-Kai Watch's jump to Switch puts Game Freak to shame.

Attached: 1531585752606.jpg (700x394, 354K)

>Removing Pokemon for balancing
>Keep in Seaking, possibly the worst fully evolved water-type for 23 years and counting
What did Game Freak mean by this

>PREASE UNDARASTAND: MAKING NEW POKEMON GAME, VERY HARD.
>WE MAKE TOO MANY POKEMN. MUST REMOVE SOM.

I didn't intend on buying SS in the first place because I was just tired of being sold the literal same game over and over again, but a lot of what they're saying doesn't add up 'all together' and it just fucking screams of their own fucking massive incompetence and lack of planning put into the series.

>Every Gen has new pokemon despite nobody asking for hundreds more and people constantly asking for alternative forms, hybrids, regional variants.
>Despite removing MASSIVE amounts of Pokemon: game still runs like shit, game still has shit graphics, shit animations, they do nothing new with it at all.
>Every Gen introduces yet another *GIMMICK mechanic that nobody asks for, nobody cares about, adds nothing interesting to the meta, and is promptly forgotten or abandoned the following games.
*It's amazing to think how stagnant the Pokemon games have been when most of the largely indispensable mechanics were all introduced in gen 2 and 3: natures, held items, breeding, etc..

I really just don't understand Pokemon's development or design philosophy anymore. Nothing about what they do makes sense.
I don't think I've ever encountered a game that does so little, makes such little effort to change or innovate, and actively constantly removes features or content, and then continues to sell so fucking well.
They refuse to make more Stadium games, they refuse to make another Pokemon Snap, and the last Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was 2015.

Attached: Anime_TroublesomeHomo.jpg (325x589, 72K)

What does this have to do with programming

>ywn have a lazy and incompetent gf

Attached: 1552945202235.gif (404x347, 3.92M)

How much do you wanna get we're STILL gonna get under 90 new Pokemon this gen?

Attached: 1540016740986.jpg (840x970, 100K)

So basically the game needed another year in development but Gamefreak opted to push it out early.

They pretty much get to set their own deadlines so it's not Nintendo forcing the game out early, it's just them.

this shit needs another year in the oven and they know it

this is what you dumbfucks get for buying lgbt, congratulations

Attached: DENSETSU NO KUSOGE.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

No, please. I am not a bot at all. Programming video games is very hard, and we have to balance the whole game also. You need to preorder Sword and Shield right now, human.

The national dex should stay gone but they should just let people migrate their shit to calm their hoarder autism. Just like SM was.

Attached: 1558983361071.jpg (465x466, 24K)

Name one pokemon game where you can catch them all without transfer or trade and on one file.

"gotta catch 'em all" was just for advertising. You can't catch them all. Ever. Not possible. No reason to complain about "hurr what about catch em all?"

>balancing
Imagine turning on a Pokemon game to find a balance patch with base stat and movepool adjustments. That shitmon that you fully evovled beat the game with is suddenly competitively viable. That'd be nice.

It's definitely going to be 60 or under.

I feel like a lot of the gen V mons are poised to get the shaft.

Attached: reuniclus.jpg (900x434, 62K)

Scrafty is fucking gone.
I assume Krookadile is gone as well.
Mightyena might be in.
Masquerain is fucking dead.
Man this sucks

>Only Pokemon game I ever got played was Platinum and I lost the DS card
>Decide to try Pokemon this gen
>Don't really care about no National Dex since I never played Pokemon
>mfw They are no longer doing regional Pokemon, which is what initially got me interested
>mfw They're not doing Mega Evolution's which also looked neat
>mfw The new gimmick of this game is literally just making the Pokemon models bigger which in turn raises their stats
And to think for a second I thought this franchise might actually be worth getting into.

I feel bad for /vp/fags. I always memed Pokemon being shit as a joke but no, it really is just shit ain't it.

Attached: Disgusted Reginald.jpg (385x299, 6K)

gamefreak has always been a cheap, lazy, and generally dogshit developer, it's just usually they've been dogshit in ways that don't piss off casuals
when deciding other ways to be cheap, lazy, and generally dogshit, this time they happened to do something that even made casuals take notice. they'll probably reneg on it eventually and casuals will go back to unquestioningly eating gamefreak's shit that has seen almost no significant improvements in over a decade

>Mystery Dungeon is dead
Don't say that...

After seeing Impidimp I hope we never get new Pokemon again.

There's a big difference between pokemon being restricted by trade/transfer or restricted to endgame and REMOVING THEM ENTIRELY

>70 new Pokemon
>20 of them are legendaries
Watch it happen

They brought this shit on themselves. There was no reason to keep on bringing back every Pokemon when the trainers are always different and the regions are always different. Besides, there are Pokemon that are basically clones.

Attached: Electric Rodents.png (767x389, 212K)

>Colosseum is so dead it's not even on here

Attached: 1527613860561.jpg (500x565, 16K)

>Modified version of sun and moon
Are you people actually this retarded or delusional?

XY was laggy as shit because they future-proofed the models for this exact reason. So yeah, everyone was expecting to get everything in their first main title game on a major platform.

The Pokemon brand just got way too big during its peak, and stuff like connectivity kept people following the franchise afterwards. On top of that although stagnant there have been no games that were actual disasters like Sonic 06.

Cutting compatibility here could be a turning point though.

>smash rosterfagging will happen to Pokemon in a few years
I swear Masuda knew what he was doing

Attached: 1552182433723.jpg (544x544, 136K)

Yeah they've really written themselves into a corner with these excuses.
>yeah the graphics are sub par, but there is nothing much we can do because there are just that many pokemon!
>w-well i-it's simply impossible for us to have all pokemon if the games are to look this beautiful and hd!
You can only pick 1!
And I mean even in spite of all the laziness, both of these are unironically and for real legitimate excuses. Either one of these excuses work and are perfectly understandable.
Just not both at once! What the fuck are you doing Game Freak!?

If Sword and Shield truly had the best visuals to date and looked stunning, then there wouldn't be such an outrage even though there'd still be plenty of people who would be mad.
If the game was to be lacking in its visuals just the way it is now, but they'd still support each and every Pokemon, people would be more than fine with it since every Pokemon would be in the game. People would still accept that.

But to have neither the visuals nor the pokemon? Lmao.
I wonder if they're even realizing that they're killing Pokemon. Being the largest doesn't mean you can't die.

>least amount of Pokemon ever in Gen 6
>LOL MEGAS TAKE A LOT OF TIME TO DESIGN PLUS WE HAD TO MODEL EVERY POKEMON FOR FUTURE PROOFING
>get even less Pokemon in Gen 7
>LOL ALOLAN FORMS AND MORE MEGAS
>Gen 8
>cut out over half the Pokemon
>remove megas
>remove Alolan forms
WHAT WAS EVEN THE FUCKING POINT!?

Attached: 1556350422472.jpg (1024x666, 53K)

Pikachu and Raichu are both fine. Minun and Plusle distinguish themself enough from Pikachu. The other three are literally fucking clones.

>some underpaid nip spent hours upon hours on transferring a hundreds of sprites into high poly 3D models
>"at reast it'rr be worth if for a decade"

>yfw realizing that Iwata managing to add the entire Kanto region into Gold/Silver wasn't because of how amazing Iwata was at coding, but because of how incompetent GameFreak is at coding

Attached: 136548267452.jpg (514x302, 44K)

Play HGSS, Platinum, and B2W2. Have fun and then drop the franchise forever.

Gamefreak clearly doesnt want Pokemon anymore. They dont give a fuck. They are hoping they piss off you people with your absolutely abysmal tastes in video games, they have been trying for years but you people are such retards that you eat the slop and enjoy it.

A lot of the complaints are "well, looks like it's 'gotta catch some' instead of 'all'!"
It's stupid. Babies would cry if they have to wait another year and a half for pokemon they will never use. When was the last time anyone used Garbador or a Bidoof or any shitty pokemon?

Is this bait or are do you think people are really saying that?

BW2 had so much effort put into it, it's crazy to think it's in the same series as the latest few games.

Wasn't it confirmed we're getting regional forms again? So basically guaranteed that new ones will be a small number

No, it was pretty goddamn amazing to fit all of that onto a kart which held what, a couple mbs of data?

the friends we made along the way

People are going to buy the game anyway, and if they somehow add them back in the rehashed version a year later, people will thank them and buy that too.

Having a lot of pokemon would eventually be pretty shit to deal with, but they can at least fill the gaps by making it look like a fucking modern game. What I wouldn't mind they do, if they had to leave out pokemon, is actually make a fuckign quality game that's up to par with the modern standard, and make a seperate sort of coliseum game. And as they make more games with different pokemon, the coliseum is updated to use these other pokemon as well, so even if you can't use every pokemon in every game, you can send them over to this coliseum to battle other people. But that'd be far too hard for GF

>Impidimp
Impidimp is unironically amazing though. Picture related.

Attached: GrimmsGoblins-090-TheElvesAndTheShoemaker.jpg (1564x1857, 721K)

Hadn't even thought of that. RIP.

Attached: 1557377268709.jpg (552x367, 23K)

out of all the spinoffs MD has gotten the most games as far as I can remember, it had a pretty good run all things considered

I'd rather it be dead then have to suffer garbage gen 7 or whatever gen 8 is shaping up to be

3 years later
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN ADD SOME OF THE POKEMON WE CUT FROM SWORD AND SHIELD?
>WE HAVE TO MAKE NEW ANIMATIONS, THAT'S TOO HARD, CHARIZARD'S ANIMATIONS ARE ALREADY DONE, IT'S TOO HARD TO MAKE NEW ANIMATIONS SO WE'RE JUST PUTTING HIM IN AGAIN
>ITS HARD OKAY THEY CAN STAY IN HOME
>MAKING A GAME IS HARD

Attached: 1552191012070.jpg (333x337, 11K)

>regional forms
No. Regional evolutions.

Attached: 1552631865723.png (822x802, 680K)

Wew laddie.

Attached: 1543515186197.gif (400x298, 1.91M)

See

Arent they using the same fucking models/animations for old mons and moves? What fucking extra effort?

Bunch of lazy fucking hacks

>Aegislash, the sword and shield pokemon will not be present in a game where sword and shield is the subtitle
That's fucking hilarious to me. Dropped.

Attached: Deadman Wonderland Episode 06[1080p x265][GokuSaiyan].mkv_snapshot_14.30_[2017.10.28_22.43.28].jpg (1920x1080, 658K)

>talking shit about my nigga Bidoof
better back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up.jpg

megas and z-moves were shit gimmicks
You can tell they wanted to remove megas in gen 7 because they were such a huge fucking afterthought and post-game shit only.

You mean like 5 Days, Depending on how you do it
>Pokedex entires
>Moveset
>Names
>Changing your programs to the exact amount of pokemon you have on that rom
>Including all of their sprites/shinies
>making sure you have enough extraspace
But still, Not too much time to include every single pokemon.

I already played Platinum.

It was neat. Not amazing but fun.
I might try your other recommendations.

Stupid fuckwad, the issue here isn't the gameplay.

>implying this game is going to sell like shit
LGPE sold like hotcakes even after they showed that they pulled wild battles from the game and just made it a diet-Pokemon GO experience. Game Freak had to damage control by having their president promise us that "the 2019 game will be something the hardcore players always wanted" even Masuda went ahead and said that if LGPE sold like shit then he would be held responsible for it and look how everything fucking turned out.

Attached: 1560700558067.gif (448x708, 135K)

Wow you mean like Solrock and Lunatone weren't in SM?

I don't see how that's any different to what I said.

Pokemon is the only game they have the sells. Even if they have creative interest in other games, they haven't managed to make anything sell notable numbers.

Why do you think they don't outsource the game development to Nintendo studios? Because they don't want to be replaced for the one money making franchise they have.

...that literally looks just like like when a NPCs Animations are bugged in Skyrim
Holy shit GF are full on cheep out.

Not him but there are millions of fans and there are clearly sub-groups within that fandom that like those "shitty" pokemon. Personally I like Persian and Pachirisu even though they are competitively sub-par in most cases.

>Be Gamefreak
>know you can shit on a platter and still get at least 6+ mil sales for a mainline game
>even your no-effort no-budget spinoffs get at least 500,000 if not more.
>realize after people complained about B2W2 that they can coast on brand-name recognition alone, why bother putting in effort if it's just going to sell the same?
Shit's not gonna get better until the pokemon brand takes a noticeable hit in sales.

Attached: 1537892665068.jpg (600x450, 76K)

I'm absolutely expecting them to cut off evolution entirely at some point

Attached: 1463848012070.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

>Maybe we'll get actually good developers next generation.
I know the ownership is a clusterfuck but don't they totally own Pokemon?

Then hire more fucking people, don't they dare try to say shit like they can't hire more when they have almost a hundred fucking billion, with that kind of money behind them they fucking owe it to the fandom to put this back into their products to make high quality games,

Shut the fuck up weeaboo

You could still transfer and access a special event with them in Haina Desert.

You guys think things are a little heated between Game Freak and Nintendo right now? I can't imagine Miyamoto being very happy about this whole handling of Gen 8.

Attached: 1501478131201.gif (296x335, 70K)

Only one I ever really put any effort into carrying forward, just because I loved my Gold version one so much. Thought I'd start fresh with HeartGold, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Attached: it's been a long day.jpg (1229x1229, 233K)

Even ignoring that, the game still doesn't look great either, certainly not visually.

Stop making more Pokemon. Just add in more lands

Why evolution out of all things?

Dumbasses fault.

>Hey guys this Pokemon has over 18 diofferent variants depending on wgich continent you caught it. This surely won;t blow up in our faces a gen later when we need to conserve space
>Whoops

Furfrous even worse. Knowing Gamefreak the idiots probably made a seperate model for all of Silvally's different colors too.

why the fuck is pokemon ranger dead.
That shit was nice as fuck.
Same with MD

Ampharos, Rampardos, Blaziken..

>very hard
>hard
>barely manageable
YOU ARE A MULTIBILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. OTHER DEVS WITH LESS MONEY CAN PULL OFF THIS SHIT.

>tons and tons and tons of one-stage pokemon with no evolutions or are just dead end unusable
>LET'S MAKE MORE

Farfetch'd was going to get an evolution. And they cut it. Why? Fuck you.

Attached: 1546062874611.jpg (577x1024, 60K)

They deleted the trending hastag #bringbacknationaldex once in Japan. It's still trending

they're absolutely fucked

And that's what they're doing now too, they're using the same models as the 3DS games.

Can anyone tell me why people are mad that not all 1000 pokemon are in the game?
Like its about time they limited the amount of pokemon are in games, plus only gen 1 to like 3 are good.

Well, yeah, obviously there's an army of mindless drones out there who will lap up any sort of shit related to Pokemon. But notice how the sales for the games have been steadily dropping.

Attached: file.png (912x807, 68K)

I don't think Miyamoto even has that much pull anymore to be honest

Why?

>All these hire more people replies
Here's a question: Why waste more money on shit like that when you people and normies are going to buy that shit like hotcakes?

Attached: contemplative jazz.gif (600x502, 210K)

Halo Ratoa

>All of Gen I
>All later gen evolutions of Gen I Pokémon
>Every starter
>Every legendary
>Lucario
Maybe some others if we're lucky.

i'm sure nintendo is fucking PISSED at what's going on, they were expecting pokemon to sell like crazy by being the definitive best one yet and here we are with legitimate outrage

yes I'm sure the developers are 100% autonomous from their parent company and Nintendo just has to deal with whatever they do, instead of all of this being planned and agreed upon during development.

My point is that they used them as an excuse to not make more Pokemon by putting them at the same level as actual new Pokemon, and then tossed them aside like they were nothing.

Attached: 1555560278242.png (768x768, 374K)

Fuck Sword/Shield and fuck Game Freak.

Bring on Stadium 3 or Battle Revolution 2 instead.

Attached: 1308799817083.jpg (444x328, 25K)

>Splatoon 2 launches with barely any content
>receives two years of updates for free to become a fleshed out and expansive game
>Mario Maker 2 launches without friend support
>Nintendo patches it in later, with possibly more content

>Pokemon launches with half the dex cut
>the fans who wanted the above post-launch content are now happy with and demanding Game Freak not patch in the missing mons post release

>That's mediocre even for a Figthing game
You know nothing about fighting games, those sales are fucking solid for a fighting game, Pokken's Wii U release literally outsold SFV in 2016.

No more megas is shitty because now the shitmons who needed them to be viable at all have been robbed of proper evolutions forever.

>How come they won't at least reach out to Nintendo's development teams or subsidiaries, or at least bring in one of the numerous other independent studios that's affiliated with them or Nintendo properties to help out with this massive undertaking? I ain't heard shit from Genius Sonority or Grezzo in a hot minute. Or at least grab a few janitors from Monolith, those guys can make a giant ass world.
Ego and the fear of getting kicked from their own creation. GameFreak could be replaced if Nintendo decides to buy the rest of the IP shares, so GF does the bare minimum they can manage with incompetence to get a product out.

>- in terms of the feelings of the Pokemon, it's as if the Pokemon are saying, “This region is cold, so I’ll be staying at home.”
Then why is Charizard in this game? It's always fucking raining

To think you could recruit all the 731 pokemons in Super...

how they over paste their assets into the game means the game takes longer to sort through garbage data
Better optimization and data organization makes the game perform better and saves space for other resources like models that AREN'T copy pasted 100 times

>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon
>hardcore players
>pokemon

does anybody think this is a thing?

Attached: 1544605086600.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Neither does Game Freak.

Attached: 71ccb8b1cbc5aeb85dad98b8a4ef5cd7.jpg (1500x1812, 634K)

We'll see. Black & White sold 15 millions and that was considered bad enough at the time it was the reason GameFreak started doing Kanto pandering everywhere afterwards and cut back on new Pokemon from then on.

If Sword and Shield only sells 12 or 13 millions that might have a similar impact. If it does worse we could see Nintendo stepping in directly, although I don't think that will happen yet.

nintendo is probably FUMING
they likely want to launch the switch mini with this
investors are probably calling for masuda's head

You're not on Yea Forums anymore. Posting like a pretentious douchebag isn't welcome here.

>people besides most of /vp/ never complain about Pokemon going downhill
>GF removes National Dex
>now suddenly everyone's soiling their diapers
Told ya Pokemon games have been shit since XY, yet you never listened to me.

Because it's not just Pokemon you can encounter. You can't even transfer these Pokemon to your game after you beat the game. Their models don't fucking exist in the game.

>everyone thought Nintendo would use a Pokemon release to sell Switches or a new model over the Christmas season
>GameFreak fuck up so hard they got half the fanbase losing their shit at them and the other half scrambling to defend them
There go those sales targets Nintendo expected.

And they're keeping plenty of shitmon in, including a literal bag of rubbish.

>Ego and the fear of getting kicked from their own creation
But Gamefreak has wanted to move on from Pokemon for a long time

youtube.com/watch?v=lSxpEvha2pc

on one hand, I'm kinda glad that UBs, Mega Fugg, and the meme genies won't show up in Sw/Sh online but on the other hand it sets a bad precedent for the series moving forward

Let's play devil's advocate here. Let's say that the decision of not including the full Pokedex is actually a good idea and will actually mean the included Pokemon in Galar will be completely rebalanced. That means we should be expecting a complete rehaul in BST, typing, moves power, abilities and type matchups. They're pretty much telling everyone that every single Pokemon will receive a change of sorts to have a good balance inside the Galardex.

I'm trying to be positive here, to understand such an actually extreme decision of not including Pokemon data at all, even as far as killing Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves and risking those Pokemon who depended on the former to go back to the shitter, unless they actually decide to massively buff Pokemon like Beedrill or Lopunny who depended completely on their new forms to work. We can only wait and see, but to be fair, that's all just wishful thinking, the list of lies regarding SS just keeps growing and I expect nothing but the worst from Game Freak nowadays. Personally, I want the Megas back one way or another, I don't care if a fourth evolution needs to be introduced, so many Pokemon simply can't work without it in the current enviroment, they are just completely outclassed.

Attached: 68827856_p0.jpg (1024x1448, 861K)

Fuck, is conserving stoarage even a problem anymore? Considering how shitty they are as technical developers, I assumed they'd be 100% in the "day 1 30GB patch" club.

>we now live in a world where Nintendo can show off a boatload of new games, and Pokemon is the worst at building hype

Strange times

Attached: crooked smile.png (467x296, 161K)

>Why don't they just reuse models and animations from the 3DS games?
THEY DID. THAT'S HOW FUCKING LAZY GAME FREAK IS.

Attached: 889fcdcf7f584160df0c643ee327cbe3.jpg (587x555, 70K)

They do count each typing of Silvally as a separate pokemon entry, so yeah, they probably did.

>Literally t-posing on the fans

Attached: Emoji.jpg (544x408, 32K)

I won't, fuck Gamefreak I gave them the benefit of the doubt with 3ds games even though I knew better. I won't give them that benefit this time.

Gen 4 outsold gen 3.
Gen 6 outsold gen 5.

2nd gen within the same console does worse than the first game in it.
Gen 8 will outsell gen 7 but gen 9 will sell less.

i recognize that image

And remember, Masuda said this is a policy shift going forward that will apply to all mainline titles

It's not like "next time we'll put them all in" - this is the new normal
some pokemon simply we not be present in certain games in the future

>you'll never be in the timeline where Nintendo has a shitload of teams working on Pokemon, tag-teaming every few entries like Call of Duty
>no PokeTreyarch to outshine and carry GameFreak's sorry ass

Attached: D84YFJDXkAAdufg.jpg orig.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

The most confusing thing about this shit is that not referencing the Frontier at all would have been less annoying and taken even less effort. This is just a cocktease that goes nowhere.

Because they don't.

Attached: BgpT4DjqMG.gif (324x223, 1.98M)

>think I at least have Showdown
>remember they run off of what's legally obtainable each generation, anyway
>either play in a gimped dex or play against ubers and above

Attached: 1547670566813.png (428x424, 124K)

They literally have all the models and animations made, the gameplay is all numbers-based, and the franchise makes a billion dollars every second it exists. There is no excuse.

I don't visit Yea Forums feral retard. Like I said it's funny to me they would drop a pokemon that's in the damn subtitle.

>cutting legends
I wish. I guarantee ALL the legends will be present in every gen going forward, because gamefreak fucking loves their spectacle.
>87 new mons in Sun Moon
>24 are mythic or legendary
>OVER 1/4 NEW POKEMON WERE "SUPER SPECIAL"

preasu undustandu

Attached: Potty3.jpg (210x240, 16K)

Nintendo literally does not care as long as the games come out by their assigned release date then all is good in their eyes. They know that it's easy money for them. Nintendo listened to people about Mario Maker 2 having no online with friends and only with randoms because that's their own dev team working on the games and they want Mario Maker 2 to sell as much as it possibly can.

Attached: 1560667966874.png (670x578, 345K)

Pokken outsold SFV

My hype is gone. I'm not going to allow a series that's known for splitting pokemon into two different games add such another cockamamie sceem to into their business traditions.

Gotta pass em' all if this shit continues!

Attached: Screenshot_20190616-201611_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1080x2220, 510K)

at least wingull fucking bobs up and down here

Attached: 9452a982716585166b838e23b350e035.gif (320x240, 1.39M)

But they don't want to lose the only thing they have that guarantees they get loads of money every goddamn year, either.

Nintendo's stocks dropped like a billion because of this.
Funny how Game Freak messes up and Nintendo takes the brunt of the blow. It's like the inverse Pokemon Go scenario.

>Tfw this is the first game I've been hyped for since black/white

>It's going the black/white route where you only encounter new Pokemon in the beginning
>Everyone complained about not being able to catch Pikachu or a zigzagoon within the first area for the 10000th time
>Everyone complained about no old Pokemon coming back
>Same thing is happening to this game too

Not a big fan of the series but I honestly don't know what you faggots wants with the game.

I just like hopping into a Pokemon game and it focusing on that generations Pokemon. No old shit, no bloated out 800+ Pokemon I have to catch to fill out a Pokedex.

150 Pokemon to fill out the dex and that's it.

New Pokemon
New areas
New online meta
New moves
New everything

It seems as though fans just want to bring in their old Pokemon (old content) and stick with that over and over and over again. Dunno about you all but that just seems boring to me.

If you want your old Pokemon. Just play the old games. It's that simple.

Attached: Another night out.jpg (992x720, 206K)

Balancing an RPG is HAAAAARD guys, you can't expect us, the developer with the unlimited money backing of the world's biggest media franchise to be able to hire some sort of designers for games to make the system balanced

It'll probably happen sometime if Gamefreak keeps fucking up. Nintendo basically owns 2/3rds of the franchise since they own 1/3rd themselves and they own The Pokemon Company.
Just get the guys that made Colosseum and Gale of Darkness on it if they still exist.

Its their golden handcuffs. They want to move on but they cant since nobody gives a fuck about anything else they make.

Are seriously acting like Treyarch is good now? They haven't been since BO2, and BO4 was the sorriest fucking CoD to ever get released with how so much is reused from BO1 and 2.

where is this info? now im scared

Attached: 1548101814175.jpg (677x631, 93K)

Suck my consumer cock

But there's already too many. Its retarded, they can't just keep adding like 100 every game. THey should just start over, maybe keep some of the favourites.

My bro said the same thing.

Attached: 1312426503983.jpg (480x480, 118K)

Why not just put half of the dex in Shield and the other half in Sword

Attached: 1528765544303.jpg (219x265, 10K)

So why didn't they only include new pokemon?
No, seriously, why didn't they just focus on a new region of pokemon EXCLUSIVELY and make the gameplay more complex?

Gen 8 aren't the first Pokemon games on the Switch though, so that might result on lower than expected sales.

Game Freak thinks so. That's literally what they fucking said when they were damage controlling during pre-release LGPE

What's funny is I felt like this did have to happen sooner or later, and doing it would save a lot of time and leave room to work on improving other aspects of the game. Except they didn't do that, the game somehow looks even worse than ever.

>this is what you dumbfucks get for buying lgbt, congratulations
Yup, you had a chance to stop this long ago. It's too late now. Stick to SMT or DQM.

Attached: youchosethis.gif (606x423, 467K)

from the footage that has been released, i genuinely wouldnt be surprised if ss ended up being as glitchy as sonic 2006 honestly

would be pretty funny seeing masuda going all "uhhhhh our devropers didnt kno weru how to program gamu on non handurerudo system pleasu understandu"

Why

Here's what they SHOULD have done!
>we can't fit all the Pokemon into one game
>Shield gets half the national dex
>Sword gets the other half

Attached: 1552014166847.png (520x549, 225K)

No region going forward will be considered "too cold", "too hot", "too ANYTHING" for any of the Original 151 or Lucario-sama.
Have fun not seeing Aegislash or the Klink line in a region where they fit!

GF will never sell what is not just their Golden Goose but from what Wikipedia says the biggest and greatest Golden Goose in the planet Earth.

This is the new future and whether you like it or not it's going to stay like that.

The last time they did that with Black/White people shit all over them and they have ptsd about it

Retard. If it was like BW there wouldn't be a problem. But it's not. Old Pokemon are GONE. They will NEVER be in SWSH.

NINTENDO
FIRE
THIS
MAN

do you?

Man, it must really suck to be a Pokemon fan. Every game will be a bestseller for kids and nostalgiafags, so GameFreak has no reason not to keep pumping out garbage, and the series will never be good again, if it ever was.

Attached: 1522113921810.gif (497x373, 489K)

The best part is, I guarantee you that every single pokemon will be in the data and fully functional because GF can't even figure out removing it. Pokemon is about to enter the realm of Bethesda, where the games are messes at release until players make mods to unfuck things.

What they should have done is delayed Home and announced a patch containing the rest of the roster, since Home isn't going to be there at launch anyway for people to bring over non-Galar Pokemon.

Yes it is because they’ll autistically eat shit as long as that shit has waifu sprinkles on top.

expect wingull isn't new and you'll still encounter wild pokemon from older games before post game

>It's going the black/white route where you only encounter new Pokemon in the beginning

No it isn't. It's going to be like 6/7 where you get a decent chunk of new Pokemon, and the rest are legacy ones. Unlike 6 though, you won't get the full national dex.

And that's a good thing. Post b/w is when it went to shit by bringing the old shit back.

only on release

SFV is over 3 million sales now

this. the let's go games have made them more money than odyssey or breath of the wild at this point

Could you even trade between games in that case

>can't ever battle someone with the other game since the data for your pokemon aren't in their game
Good job retard

No, this is just laziness. Balancing pokemon is not nearly as hard as you think as it comes primarily down to stats, typing, and abilities. Two of those are pretty obvious right from the get go if they're going to outright break things and when it comes to typing, everything has a counter and it's not that difficult to check if a viable counter exists. They can't help away with the excuse of "muh graphics" because they still aren't anything impressive and barely look any better than the 3DS games. Nothing has changed in the gameplay department either and it's not like animating the over 1000 different pokemon is any challenge. They already have the animations created for 80% of them, none of them are very complex to begin with, and after 8 generations, we STILL don't have pokemon properly interacting with one another during battles so that excuse is out too. There's no reason this can't be done, if not now, then down the road as an update. I would understand if they just said they can't do it on release because they just want to get the game out, but to say it will never be added and is the direction going forward is bullshit plain and simple.

sounds less like laziness and more like they want to hold your delcatty hostage in home until the next game they let them in.

Pokemon Showdown is going to have more content and better animations than Sword and Shield and the entire fanbase thinks making a game this way is okay.

>models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonsunmoon/model/18544/

Attached: eeveeboi.png (1366x1536, 2.01M)

I legitimately wouldnt be surprised at all if they restarted the development all together and gave the series to an internal team

>I honestly don't know what you faggots wants with the game.

Taking advantage of the hardware instead of just looking like a ported 3DS game.
20 new Pokemon at a time that were created with a solid foundation besides "Pidgey clone" or "Pikachu clone" and a stronger focus on expanding old ones to make them either fully viable or flesh out their evolution lines.
No stupid fucking gimmicks like dynamax, megas or Z-moves. Just make fights not a complete steamroll, have trainers use items and competitively viable teams.

Pokemon should be games first, franchise second. Don't add 200+ new Pokemon that have absolutely zero place in the game because you want to sell plushies or pad the new 'dex.

Attached: 1546064096255.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

>Still believing the size limit lie

Motherfucker Witcher 3 is getting a fucking switch port. How do you argue size limit when that game is getting in?

What the fuck? It wasn't even that bad, you just had to beat the fucking game. You're fucking telling me playing the game is too much work?

If this region is too cold, I'm gonna fucking lose it if I see a desert or tropical pokemon

Nintendo is pissed but here's the thing: They can't do shit. They own Pokemon in the sense that it'll always be in a Nintendo console and they get a cut but Pokemon is borderline second party with ownership being a 4 piece pie.

GF can do whatever they fuck they want, within reason granted, but they still have the better hand.

>confirmed to have pushed to over 1000 pokemon this gen if you count alternate forms
>809 pokemon already exist
If you count mega evolutions and Alolan forms, if I've counted right, being as generous as humanly possibly by assuming that no new pokemon have alternate forms in this gen, at the absolute most we'll see 102 new pokemon.
My math is probably wrong and I probably forgot about some alt forms.

Attached: 2c3664c165dd9d4c977d4748f80adbf3.png (1280x1280, 1.03M)

Because it was one of those DS experimental games, along Conquest and Dash. The only thing we can expect from the series right now is animeshit aimed at the lowest common denominator, excuses of mainline games, retarded projects like Sleep and gacha, and forgive me for what I'll say but Pokemon Champions looks way more interesting than SS right now.

You have no idea how happy I'd be if they were to announce a new Pokemon Rumble, and that coming from someone who bought all the gems in the 3DS version because it was so damn fun.

Don't look at me, I liked B/W specifically because it felt like a completely new experience. I barely even touched the post-game, didn't really care.

But louder voices than mine absolutely hated it.

Dude the majority of faggots who buy these games want the old shit in EVERYTHING. If you don't do that they'll bitch that things are too different and that they want the old shit back

They must think fans are brainlets with no info on anything

Attached: 1553507213188.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

GF is really trying to have their cake and eat it too at this point
One might say
>Pokemon is for kids, it's fine for them to keep the mechanics simple
So then why did they include past-gen pokemon? No, really, why did they include any past-gent pokemon if they know most kids won't recognize anyone other than pikachu and maybe the starters?
Including SOME of the past gen pokemon feels like it's gamefreak trying to maintain the existing pokemon fan base while also trying to make life easier for themselves to attract new fans since mostly kids buy it.
But they're also keeping the gameplay fucking braindead, so they're hoping that old pokemon fans will CLAP WHEN THEY SEE THE OLD POKEMON and buy the game too.
This is so fucking stupid.

>They can't do shit
nintendo owns the names of all pokémon and characters in the franchise, so they could easily force GF to do whatever the fuck they want

Attached: 1554510698979.png (450x720, 400K)

rumble was boring desu.

>banished to ubers for dabbing on babby tapus too hard

free my nigga megagross

>They can't do shit
>Pokemon is borderline second party
You're retarded

Nintendo owns the Pokemon Company, they can tell Gamefreak to do whatever they want to tell them to do when it comes to Pokemon. Who do you think is insisting on a yearly release? Gamefreak?

Gamefreak would be a dead developer if they didn't have Pokemon carrying them. They're incompetent.

Attached: 630e8e064185f15817bdadaf0ea4d854.gif (600x600, 574K)

>Every starter

i genuinely doubt it
at best we are getting the kanto starters for the KANTOOOOOOOO crowd

The last post is something that happens in most games these games. It's a form of optimization that allows all the information to be in one place so it can be read more quickly and with less errors.

AND THIS TIME YOUR POKEMON CAN BECOME BIG FOR 3 TURNS
haha look at pikachu he's REALLY BIG now!
woah!

I hope none of you niggers actually bought LGPE. You deserve this shit if you do.

who is going to be /vp/'s designated steveposter pokemon?

They'd have to outright buy the 1/3 series off of Gamefreak to do that. You think GF's gonna charge a reasonable price for the series that keeps them from dying a violent death in the streets? Ninty won't do it unless the game actually doesn't sell.
And Legpiss sold great.

The fact that even some Wii games look better is fucking embarrassing. These devs should kill themselves with the amount of dishonour they've brought to themselves.

cringe game freak apologist

I don't even own a switch yet

Blaziken and Sableye :(

>New pokes added every game
>limit now placed on pokemon playable in games
>Kanto pandering will never stop
>pokemon continue to be made and left to rot in pokemon home
>no use for the forgotten pokes, making you wonder why you bother saving them in the first place

Attached: 4477471057CF406985D463F9C2D0591E.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Arcanine, I'm not joking

Attached: 1560312754269.png (356x341, 124K)

LGBT sold well but dropped like a rock from charts which is unusual for pokemon games.

If SS don't reach 10m combined then heads will roll and all kind of excuse going pop from GF.

There's a difference between "You can't find this pokemon naturally in-game", which would be fine, and "You can't trade these pokemon in from another region at all"

Nintendo kills IPs for fun. Just never thought it would happen to Pokemon.

>apparently every giant Pokémon has four separate models
Jesus.

Attached: 1538840462783.png (300x300, 71K)

This is a good thing you stupid casuals. Megas, Z-moves and power creep have completely fucked up the competitive scene.

I really hate the fucking "almost legendary but not technically legendary" meta. No genies, no tapus. Fuck that gay shit. The meta ALWAYS ends up absolutely revolving around those legendaries for generations when they're legal.

Attached: 1552096173277.jpg (500x703, 29K)

I don't even play competitive but isn't the metagame and tier system basically destroyed now?

What do you want to bet that the real reason for all this is that they're too lazy to come up with new stat spreads, and want to just start copying old pokemon directly with a different name and look?

Oh hey look, literally the one thing everyone with half a brain aleady knew.

Everyone forgets that GameFreak is tiny as fuck, and the games themselves make up less than 10% of total revenue for the franchise as a whole. GF has ~150 total staff members, all split between at least three separate projects.

Meanwhile, Zelda BOTW and Mario Odessey had 300+ people working on them, each.

>Nintendo owns the Pokemon Company
Wait they do? Shit, I thought that was an unrelated fourth company.

What the fuck does creature's do?

I didn't and it looks like I won't buy Sword/Shield either.

Reset for him on Virtual Console so I could get one with regenerator.

Attached: 300px-Shiny_Ho-Oh.png (300x279, 114K)

>literally keep buying newer games until your bro makes it in the regional dex

this reached a new low

Attached: 1535010946515.gif (150x160, 20K)

Didn't Sonic Team Racing have to have it's intro fmv removed due to space? Sounds like Nintendo fell for the portable meme again with those tiny ass cartridges.

>Man, it must really suck to be a Pokemon fan.
More because all this autistic shitflinging and doomposting is permeating everything and you can't even really talk about Pokemon anything anymore because everyone just wants to be furious all the time. I'm just so tired of the anger, and now that it's even spread outside of Yea Forums there is no place left for anyone who just wants to talk about things with a level head.

I hate it.

Attached: 1552028318895.png (800x746, 174K)

if they fucking love kanto so much why don't they just bite the bullet and just stick to the original 151

i'd take it over the "KANTO AND FRIENDS" treatment they've been giving the series for what feels like forever

Attached: 1473450048886.png (152x180, 9K)

Attached: 37d61dfa51ba1af0bdeba53ed0578e58.jpg (1600x1600, 401K)

why do they always do this?
the separate models for Lillie in SM etc
stop doing this gamefreak you don't have to make separate models for everything

>There's no fucking pleasing you people.
Don't defend Game Freak you cocksucking faggot.

BASED

>the amount of time needed for graphics increased
Okay, sure. You had models you said you made and downscaled for 3DS though so shouldn't that all be nearly done?
>animation
bullshit, there's no new animations shown to us thus far (outside of things that wouldn't take significant amounts of work, like dynamaxing animations since they just get blown up), and the ones that exist are the same from fucking gamecube games and battle revolution (Which actually had BETTER animations, mind)
>balancing
slightly more valid, but there's no reason it couldn't just open up the national dex after you finish the game.
>hard for all pokemon to appear
but why? They're on a MORE powerful system, with larger game carts.
>had to be made sooner or later
But why? they're not explaining why in valid ways. If they just fucking said "We want to start fresh, we think there's too much clutter and catching all the pokemon is too hard, we want people to feel like pokemon is a game they can 'finish'" I'd respect it and understand.
>even in sun and moon it was barely manageable
but they DID manage it. What changed to make it that much harder?

Attached: 5da.jpg (1000x1002, 170K)

Is this the same guy? I can't wait for SMT5

You get rid of the old ones.
Literally the same thing Digimon, Monster Rancher, Jade Cocoon, SMT, Dragon Quest, and fucking Yokai Watch do.

There was an interview with Masuda where the interviewer asked what he thinks is essential to the core essence of Pokemon.
His answer was "Pokeballs, haha".

I hate his stupid guts SO FUCKING MUCH!

Attached: 1554175737652.png (352x371, 143K)

>Make a game with the slogan, 'Gotta Catch 'em All'
>Literally can't catch them all

Pottery

Attached: 1294557781136.jpg (230x232, 9K)

Design.

>Removing megas
I think it's quite a big missed opportunity for hype generation. Suppose they made 5-10 new megas per main series game released. The hype and anticipation, hoping that your favourite mon who may also be shit in battle might recieve its salvation in the form of a mega stone, could be something for Gamefreak to milk.

That can be easily fixed with rules, stop using this retarded fucking excuse you giga brainlet

Gotta catch 'em all lmao

Then hire more people
They can afford it

>future proof the models so they don't have to make new ones everytime
>make walking and running animations for every single one of them
>"nah fuck this. It's too hard, just axe most of them"
Fuck gamefreak. If they can't do 3D HD games then they should just go back to sprites or make a low poly retro-styled game so you have the excuse to have those shitty animations

but children are still the main demographic.

>Megas
were such a mistake and it leaves me absolutely fuming whenever fans defend them. Which they do and often at that.

Giant Pokemon is the dumbest fucking gimmick though, why waste resources on that?

This is what we get because of normalfags hating change

>gen 5
>first game gave players an entirely new huge dex to use and restrained use of older pokemon until the postgame
>sequel allowed for players to now seek out old favorites while still having new pokemon easily available
Such a smart system and yet normalfags still ckmplained they couldn't use their eeveelution and other boring pokemon.

see
GameFreak isn't owned by Nintendo, who too is surprised about what GF is doing.

Yes.

Kek
Nintendies deserve this for not moving past Pokemon after the 5th grade

They'd have to sprite them all over every time AND THAT'S HAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

I will not rest until you concede that this was the best pokemon game

Attached: wes.jpg (480x360, 20K)

the Japanese slogan is just "let's get pokemon!"

Mega Evolution at least brought new designs, abilities, type combos, stats, and battle animations to the table. You can't say the same for Dynamax.

Attached: 6fc30c9cad2bcec9993daee843414c86.jpg (768x432, 222K)

or they could just rebalance the pokemon to not use fucking broken generation 1 stats from when the game designers had absolutely no idea what they were making

>Wii games

You are being too kind, there are PS2 games that look better namely FF12. Dragon Quest 8 would look better too with a higher resolution.

i concede fellow colosseumchad

Attached: 1546231150657.png (400x397, 244K)

To be fair Babies were completely pointless. Both conceptually (Since you still get a giant fully grown rock snake from an egg) and because naturally being weaker than the Pokemon you bred the damn thing from. I'd be happy to see them go.

One model for summon, three with different numbers of clouds. It's pure incompetence if true.

>both Gamefreak and Intelligent Systems are shadows of their former selves
Why'd it have to turn out like this?

Attached: 74092924_p0_.jpg (672x1017, 210K)

They fell from the top 10 of Amazon's Vidya and Vidya accessories list to pic related and Shield is barely staying in the top 100. There may be hope yet

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190616_at_2.36.38_PM.png (664x742, 275K)

According to interviews:
>a big part of these games is the feeling of being the strongest
>dynamaxing gives the player a feeling of "strength"
>also since people will be playing on big TVs, we thought it'd be cool to show pokemon becoming really big

that's the fucking reason
to make you feel "strong" and look "cool"

>Waaahhhh why people only know us for pokemon.
>Btw we are fucking up pokemon even harder and not letting anyone touch it.

I hope that town game sell negative copies you cunts.

Attached: 1552528057199.jpg (525x384, 35K)

How the fuck is sonic racing bigger than Witcher 3

>crobat
>lilligant
>Electivire
>volcarona
>regigigas
I bet crobat and electivire have a good chance, but I don't feel so good on being able to play with the other three so uh, fuck that shit.

Let's be honest here, if you're an adult and have continuously played Pokemon up to now there is pretty much nothing that will stop you from playing it. GF could serve people like this a literal piece of shit on a plate and they'd happily eat it up.

You are paypigs.

Sorry Explorers of Sky exists so that won't be happening.

Hell ecksdee exists too so you've got your work cut out for you there.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (960x717, 228K)

We won't know until the game is out. For now I know that Jolteon, Weavile and Milotic, three of my six in my main team will be in, but the other three are still MiA, along many other favorites of other types. I can expect the UBs to be snapped, so goodbye Nihilego and Pheromosa, and surely Chandelure and Togekiss might not appear either. That's what pisses me off the most, they're destroying the team I love and which I've been carrying and using for so many years. There will foverer be an empty spot because of that and it will stop feeling like my team completely.

You can't just FPBP your own post user. There are certain rules to be followed

But if you get rid of the old one KANTOOOO fags would riot and they make the majority of sales

They can't, actually. That's the weird and stupid thing. Game Freak makes Pokemon, but the revenue for the games gets split three ways, between Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures inc. Nintendo and Creatures both get merchandising revenue to go with it, but GF only ever gets their third of the games, and that always only barely covers the cost of production. There was a write-up about it, about a year ago. They've got a raw deal.

What are you talking about? 3H is ISIS' redemption arc.

Paper Mario is beyond dead, though

Maybe I should just join Team KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It just seems like they don't even fucking care about the new stuff anymore.

Attached: 1394412570835.png (235x253, 47K)

>they found a way to make a pokemon game worse than LGPE

Attached: 1545846155565.jpg (640x736, 42K)

>NPC malfunctioning.

...so why don't they hire more people?

You can almost cut that number in half. A lot are alt colorz

>do my best not to be a genwunner
>my top 2 bros are from kanto regardless

well shit

at least this probably means theyre safe forever except for the part where theyre shitty nobodies

It's not the best pokemon game user. But that fucking sound track is Kino especially the Cipher and Semifinal battle themes.

yeah fuck this shit my new main bro is Beedrill
whatever

>Particularly in Xenoblade 2, it is quite possible for your blades to become bugged and be permanently unable to have any sort of growth, the game can softlock at any point in the menu if it's been on for long enough, and some sidequests can be rendered unbeatable if you just go to the wrong place at the wrong time
what the fuck are you talking about?
>it is quite possible for your blades to become bugged and be permanently unable to have any sort of growth
when did this ever happen and why would it happen in the first place?
>and some sidequests can be rendered unbeatable if you just go to the wrong place at the wrong time
if you played XB1 you'd know that having story progress limited sidequests is an intended feature. XB2 just does nothing to mark shit like Indol sidequests which will become impossible to complete after Chapter 9.

Remember, that even if a boycott sucessfully moves their sales down to something like 7 million, Gamefreak will only assume it's due to not enough gen 1 nonsense and plaster that shit in every corner of all upcoming games.

Attached: Sad Kirby.png (583x558, 265K)

They do not.
Kids do. And kids don't give a shit.

That's not even going into the duplicated cutscene area assets or the multiple exact same grass textures.

For me it'll always be HG/SS but Colosseumbros are alright in my book

Attached: 1392269044022.png (697x517, 330K)

it's not uncommon for devs to simply fail to jump into 3D graphics desu

>Intelligent Systems
To be fair, Nintendo wanted to kill off FE if Awakening wouldn't have sold well. I don't think Nintendo is still that way, but IS is now in constant fear of losing the cashcow FE has become.

God damn I can't fucking wait for Dragon Quest Monsters on Switch to come out and fucking blow this shitty game away.

>biggest media franchise on earth
>working on the next chapter in the series that will drive the entire franchise
>can't afford to get other devs to help with the load

It's kind of ridiculous and sad

who are they?

Every franchise you love will turn to shit, never ever get emotionally invested long term in your entertainment.

i'm almost willing to believe this is real
>dynamaxed pokemon just pop out of thin air
>the swirly vortex in the sky pop up along with 3 different clouds rotating
>every turn one cloud dissapears
>this could very well be 4 entirely different models with dynamax clouds for each fucking pokemon
>gigantmaxing might end up having it's own set of multiple fucking copies of the same special effects and models for each pokemon

Attached: 1559743540074.jpg (800x800, 427K)

>banished to ubers for dabbing on babby tapus too hard
No way. Fucking based.

Attached: 09199397693df99b767383c88b7440d0.webm (552x308, 1.42M)

The worst part is that there's nothing Nintendo can do about it, because Game Freak's partial ownership. Also, being a private company like Valve, it doesn't matter how much money is offered, they can just outright refuse to be bought.

Nintendo is effectively fucked, unless they pull basically an EA and fuck with GF's ability to make games until the company loses so much money its forced to sell itself.

>Why aren't they just going to patch them in later?
they not only confirmed they won`t patch it, but thah future games also won't have all pokemon

>worse than LGPE
I seriously doubt it

youtube.com/watch?v=28CgyvTu_-U
>Wii game from a decade ago has better animations than new titles

Attached: 1485752186963.jpg (320x257, 20K)

IS is working with Koei, it looks like ass but the game looks promising.

Pokemon is beyond fucked.

Can you ask for a used copy on release day?

They already had something like that.
It was called Mega Evolutions.
And Z moves.

Ninty owns TPC but doesn't control them. Various complex stupid contracts give ninty, GF and TPC control over just their segments of the series, which is publishing, merchandising, and gamedev respectively. It's not easy for any of them to pull any of the others in regards to their own segment. Why do you think that all the games with Amiibo support for a million Amiibo each with a reference to the figure's character never include the Pokemon? TPC and GF put up a fight when they try, see Mario Maker one when they actually managed to get Pokemon in but they lacked special sound effects that every other Amiibo costume had.

it's almost like every gen has good mons and bad ones, though the good:bad ratio skews toward bad over time you fucking faggot

Attached: 1560223865782s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

why oh why couldn't they have removed dynamaxing altogether and used the work that went into that to squeeze in the rest of the dex?

get your goddamn priorities straight

I respect it for what it is, but you don't actually catch any pokemon, there are no wild encounters.

>Every generation is now going to have a dedicate slot for Pikachu, Eevee, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Mewtwo, and Marill
I want off

Arbok and Magneton

Ground Types do not interact

Lucario is 100% going to be in the Galar dex. Mewtwo is also likely if they decide to bring back older legendaries

the unfortunate tradeoff is that battle animations is literally the whole game

>Eevee effectively takes up nine slots

Attached: Pingu.jpg (429x429, 18K)

>hire more animators with funds from your warchest

problem solved!

Attached: 1545751250196.png (477x537, 406K)

please understand

yeah those two are safe no doubt

is...is he allowed to do that?

i really fucking hope so. this shit is fucking disgusting

Attached: 1446324937792.gif (349x230, 2.32M)