Square did not fuck up the designs of the four main characters of the FFVII Remake and that's what's important

Square did not fuck up the designs of the four main characters of the FFVII Remake and that's what's important

Attached: TheBigFour.jpg (768x768, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xSGv3Hfio
youtube.com/watch?v=9BYswgheE3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Vlx1WX2qR9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Barret isn't good. Doesn't even look black.

It's the render lighting, in game he's a bonafide Tyronous Maximus.

Except out of 4, they only got 1 right. I'll let you figure out which one.

Attached: 1556713628196.jpg (1000x440, 113K)

Aerith looks best

They killed the only thing that made Tifa likable. Now it's Aerith who is gonna by top waifu.

>waaahh tifa is bad because i can't fap to her anymore

Frankly we're so fucking lucky that this game is as faithful as it is. Everyone is easily recognizable. Gameplay also looks rich.

Attached: cloudcompare.png (1180x1080, 1.38M)

>He's not black enough unless he blends in with the background!!

Attached: 64492551.jpg (720x463, 33K)

They need to give him Mako eyes. Those are just blue eyes.

Honestly, Tifa's outfit is stupid. The original would have been too, but still.

Attached: CloudandAerith.png (1544x540, 994K)

I mean, as long as you ignore that the Remake's entire art direction betrays that of the original game, which was a much more suitable match for the game's often-lighthearted tone.

Tifa looks fantastic everyone bitching about her redesign is fucking retarded

Yeah, I know. It was dumb there too. Everyone goes "aww man mako eyes" but those are just blue

square has the chance to make the greatest game in a decade, they can't screw this up

Prompto might be my least favorite character in any FF game, including Vaan

It's been 20 years, user. This game is not gonna have the same time as the original

>yay, they made her look like shit

There's just something about AC and the Remake's take on Cloud that doesn't sit well with me. Maybe it's the hair, I'm not sure, I'm not talking about the blocky polygons or whatever, it just doesn't seem like Cloud.

Attached: 658A11CA-B40A-4877-A7EE-1B7773827043.png (250x373, 47K)

Did anyone else feel a small pang of hope when the presenter said "Lets mosey" during the E3 presentation?
Made me feel like maybe they would do proper justice to the original and keep all the charm it had.
Gameplay looks fucking sick but Im really gonna need to hear that orchestral version of Fight On! cuz its not really a song that transitions well into an orchestral piece imo

Attached: 1554769946283.jpg (720x702, 65K)

Tone*

they could always go the last order route and make them glow occasionally (ironically the only time they glow across all FFVII media is pre-mako infusion in a non-canon OVA) or just chalk it up to that bit of green in the middle

Attached: Cloud_eyes.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Tifa got ruined. They need to uncover her legs.

Honestly, it seems like Cloud to just about everyone else. I just wish he had a jaw/chin.

Maybe the fact that the tone of the story seems more melodramatic and edgy. Trust me user, this game will be nothing like 7 classic

Is it the color? I feel like the purple could pop more.

I've literally been unable to reconcile the original FF7 version of the character with any version since

Barret looks handsome as fuck.

He's as black as his original portrait and concept art, you blind fuck.

Attached: 12d6c4d03a1b6ea1e878a1a9e88af092.jpg (320x420, 19K)

why not? what the fuck does the passage of time have to do with anything?

the original game is good because it was aimed at young teens and therefore didn't take itself too seriously/balanced out the serious moments with silliness.

This. Her thighs-highs are unnecessary, but far from RUINED FOREVER

Attached: 1560223415551.jpg (848x1080, 414K)

Fuck, I realized what's been throwing me off. His beard isn't as ridiculous.

The fucked up the gameplay and that's what's important.

The original take shows more adherence to principles of design. Yellow and purple are complimentary colors, and the palette of the overall game was generally more saturated than the broodier approach taken by subsequent revisits to the FFVII world.

Aeris will never be better than Tifa for one reason: Tifa pummels dragons with her hands, while Aeris is a staff chick. They're god tier and shit tier RPG archetypes, respectively

Attached: 1525409628383.jpg (1414x2000, 254K)

>the original game is good because it was aimed at young teens and therefore didn't take itself too seriously/balanced out the serious moments with silliness.
You answered your own question, user. This game isn't going to be aimed at just young teens. It's aimed at the fans of the original now grown up, fans of the characters in their cameos from AC, KH, KH2, Dissidia and all the other games they have been featured in. Their original incarnations are muddled through their countless retellings and the overall memory of the cast has been changed from what few remember in the original game.

the new art style is gonna make the horror elements fucking awesome plus there's a ton of heavy themes that are gonna hit that much harder thanks to it and it's not like lighthearted scenes are impossible going by recounts of what people saw in the demo, ultimately the positives far outweigh the cons

*improved

The biggest thing for me is the fucking HAIR

Toning it down into generic pretty boy sasuke blades just changes the whole vibe of the character so fucking much. It's like his defining physical feature ffs

Attached: 7afd5939caca6c616828a86010a1037f.jpg (640x800, 73K)

Oh yes they did, but of course they won't believe that they did, because they already put the money on these shoddy models down already so they'll ship it as is with the rest of the game, but they'll never be able to accept that these models aren't the original models from the original game because their sjw egos won't let them, and fans of the series will always remember that from the day of the game's release to the day it eventually becomes another memory of a time Sony fucked up.

I have some issues with Cloud's bishounen body type and style, but I suppose I'll just have to get use to that. I love everything else about these designs.

By making her boobs 00000000.4% smaller and giving her leggings?

Gameplay is literally the least important part. I'm more concerned about fucking G-bike playing the same than the regular gameplay. FF7 gameplay is ass, and I say this as someone who loves the original and by the end of this whole ordeal might PREFER the original. It's not even good for JRPGs. It just boils down to "know specific enemy skills and where to grab specific materia" and then it is fucking simplistic as hell.

The only RPG series ever made with good gameplay is Star Ocean. Literally no one gives a shit about the gameplay.

Nu-Yea Forums, everybody!

It may sound unreasonable, but SE said they were making the characters faithful to the original game. the Tifa design isn't faithful to it.

>nu/v/ boogeyman
Prove me wrong. If I prioritized combat over literally any of the things I'm actually worried about regarding the remake then I probably wouldn't like FFVII much and would probably be playing SMT instead.

Brace yourself, he's gonna respond with that render of Tifa where she looks like a ladyboy from Thailand

you're a fucking idiot

gosh look at how tiny these giant tits are can you say censorship

Attached: 1560396201794.gif (500x208, 2.3M)

>no Dolphin Tail
defend it

It's not just Cloud. It's pretty much almost everyone.
Aerith now feels like stereotypical anime waifu instead of that annoying little sister type.
Biggs is just Gladio.
Jessie is now outgoing and flirts with Cloud in an attempt of being wannabe romance interest that dies 2.0. Too bad for her, Cloud doesn't give a shit for her. At least they kept that as same.
Heidegger now looks like a chad instead of horse laughing fatso with anger management issues.
Sephiroth is the worst looking Sephiroth up to date (that includes AC). It's just Kadaj wearing Sephiroth's wig and they seem to be going KH route with his character. So you can forget about that guy that made your heart stop a beat when he was on screen, because SE has proved that they're incompetent at recreating that Sephiroth ever again. Now he's just cliche Disney tier villain who is pure fujobait.

>Tifa's tits are smaller than the original
>B-BUT THEY'RE STILL BIG, YOU INCEL
Literal cope.

Heidegger was always supposed to be a chad in art. I can see where you're going with everyone else though

...why is the skinniest character the puncher? Shouldn't that be Berett?

>man, FFVII is my favorite game! but what I wouldn't give for a remake that throws out some of the core artistic components that made the original good in exchange for a muddied rehash with an uninspired psudeorealistic art direction

fucking retarded.

nah, man. the game is going to take critical scenes in the original that were brief and effective and draw them out in service of melodrama. we're already seeing that with Cloud and Aeris' first incidental meeting now being redone as a bloated encounter.

why are people such apologists for this type of shit?

Just because I have higher standards than you doesn't mean that I'm incapable of reason.

Gya ha haa haa!

>boogeyman
that's what neo Yea Forums actually believes, that's a impresive way to fuck up

they'll just retcon her having some mako infused in her. Same way Cloud is skinner than Barret but can swing his bigass sword around, while Barret can barely lift it up

Is there a hd render of him with this hair somewhere? I just can't see this style looking good at all.

I just have it hard time picturing this new and handsome Heidegger laughing like a horse and beating up soldiers randomly because of his short temper.

I can see it. It actually seems funnier in my head, the idea of some mega chad laughing like a horse and bullying his underlings. My complaint is his beard isn't fucking ridiculous anymore.

>Aerith now feels like stereotypical anime waifu instead of that annoying little sister type.
She was never that type of character to begin with.
>Heidegger now looks like a chad instead of horse laughing fatso with anger management issues.
Horse laugh is bad translation only. He was always dad-mode built in the concept art.

ahem

FF7 was lightning in a bottle and the entire extended universe is one of the worst mutilations of a unique IP ever. Worse than the star wars prequels. Square completely misunderstands the things that made the game special and every entry in the FF7 universe has a completely different vibe than the original with a cast of what feel like completely different characters

fight me

Attached: Dfp99FcUwAEN6-J.jpg (1024x1024, 177K)

>Staff chick
>Shit tier archetype
You don't know just how wrong you are, sonny.

Attached: Bestelle.jpg (1433x1800, 129K)

Ironically, Smash Bros. has a better rendition of the original Final Fantasy VII than Square has ever put out.

Attached: 1280px-Cloud_SSB4.png (1280x1280, 763K)

>Tifa

>not fucked up

pick one.

People always post that and say it's better but they don't seem to notice it also doesn't have the dolphin tail. So it's not even a faithful design.

>fight me

why would I fight a voice of reason?

Wouldn't it be funny if SE was saving the original outfit design for Tifa as DLC? I would laugh so hard.

Okay, I can sort of agree with you except for the
>Star Wars prequels
bit
the only thing that makes the prequels easier to bear is that they're THAT much of a joke

I love Estelle so much. She's my favorite MC in all of vidya. Behind Kevin

it certainly wouldn't look good with generic anime uguuu art style the series has adopted for every game since 12/13, no

That's pretty tiny compared to her old model

Tifa's tits were inconsistent as fuck in the original. The only thing consistent about them is that they were somewhere in the general range of big. Guess what? They're still in the general range of big.

Attached: Untitled.png (718x715, 725K)

You've got good taste.

Attached: Lit.jpg (183x220, 13K)

Attached: tifacompare.png (1525x731, 1.07M)

They sure did made cloud Asian enough so im okay with it.

Attached: 1560257451733m.jpg (1024x958, 95K)

Except she was closer to annoying little sister trope. She was cheerful and flirty girl that had mouth on her when needed. Nu-Aerith appears to be classical Nip waifubait in comparison.

Not him, by the way.

people are whining about the breasts but all I care about is that her new design looks like one of these cookies

Attached: WiknicNYC_03_b.jpg (220x220, 11K)

Right Aerith looks like she's suffering from an allergic reaction to shrimp.

>she was closer to annoying little sister trope.
It just doesn't apply, anons. She's a wise and slick character, someone who is witty and flirty and emotionally mature. That's not a little sister type at all.

its not even about the fucking tits

its about going from a bare knuckle boxing bartendress badass tomboy to a fragile delicate kawaii asian scholgirl

They all look good but Barret is the standout one to me.

Attached: F6199EF0-FC9D-4B6C-B123-5BD450631BD8.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

You haven't seen many anime characters then. Little sisters are usually the more wise-ass ones, while older sisters tend to be shy and shit like it.

It's because every Square depiction of Cloud makes him appear perpetually sad and grumpy. Meanwhile, Smash Bros. created a Cloud render that looks like the angry motherfucker brought back to life. I'd rather just take Nintendo's art direction over Square's. They're hellbent on keeping Cloud as a fucking emo.

I don't watch shit anime. But Aerith is the definition of "the one that (tragically) got away."

Jessie already did light flirting with Cloud in the original 7 user

At this point, it's what the character will be remembered as. Honestly, he already is. The die was cast once he got his voice and both in English and Japanese he's all dour.

Tell that to Japan. Japan has obsession with making younger people (sister/brother) be the sassy trope that has "I see your dick/panties, onii-chan." feel to them.

What do you think... How fujobaiting will remake be regarding Seph/Cloud? Since SE seems to have a new rule to make these two borderline homos in closet for each other ever since AC.

Attached: tfw_played_mobius.png (512x512, 384K)

Attached: Remake vs Dissidia.jpg (880x586, 113K)

the hell is that?

Attached: test.jpg (9036x2080, 3.24M)

Is the FF7 remake pretty much the most ambitious thing Square has ever done?

Attached: ff7R.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

>Her thighs-highs are unnecessary
Absolutely false

Very. Cloud will fuck his tulpa Sephiroth instead of Tifa before final battle and then he will fuck real Sephiroth as special attack in their boss battle.
t. insider

Why is Barret mexican now?

Yeah

No its the safest bet theyve done in 2 decades
spirits within was the most ambitious because somehow no one saw it coming that it was going to eat shit hard

>that hair
>Mexican
Wrong spic group, try again

>"purchase Tifa's original outfit as DLC! Only $59.99!"
I guarantee enough losers would buy it to make up their development costs

They weren't gay for each other in CC desu. Mobius was gay as fuck in that regard though.

What? This is the safest option possible. It's the panic button.

Cloud kinda looks like a fuckboi at times but looks good in other shots

does this mean that we're finally gonna get a remake of Ehrgeiz?

Attached: 1508271659864.png (1280x720, 833K)

That logic ain't right. FF7 is their sacred cow. Yeah, remaking it puts eyes on them on a global scale. Fucking it up would ruin the company though. There's a lot of new blood on this thing, too. Expanding the game's world on modern consoles means that even the smallest of things in the original can lead to months of dev time spent on realizing them in full. This thing is going to span at least two console generations and god knows how many fucking games/discs. The possibility of failure and burn-out is higher than you give it credit for. Safe would be remastering the game like FF8. Everyone would buy it easily. This goes way, way beyond that.

Nigger that's literally the part that looks the most promising so far, it's like they took XIII and XV combat and made both of them good at the same time, I can actually see it getting used for future games while the combat in the other games after X was got old before you were even done with the game. The only worrying thing is the materia system not allowing you to do crazy shit like in the original but we don't know that yet.

kino

I can't wait for the banter between everyone. If the demo they showed is anything to go by, it'll really add to the experience

Attached: 1520239907278.png (900x1000, 442K)

Word has it that the demo actually has more stuff you can do mechanically but the E3 specific release of it was trimmed down to showcase what 100% works. It is a game in development after all. I'm sure we'll see some nutty stuff.

Polygons>le reddit realism

Fujos are new future, goyim. Why do you think that TOZ is the most popular Tales games in Nipland despite it being dog shit?

Attached: gaaaaaaay.jpg (3676x4290, 2.03M)

...sadly this is a lot of ber appeal. First waifu jerkoff

It just feels so weird suddenly having black shit beneath Tifa's classic clothes, a lot less people would complain about reduced tits if they didn't made it so apparent.

>barely over a million views
What went wrong?

Attached: Untitled.png (1140x200, 129K)

>Why do you think that TOZ is the most popular Tales games in Nipland despite it being dog shit?
probably because it has the best intro cutscene in the series? (by far)

Have you noticed the abysmally low bar that all the hype train games have user? Shit like skyrim or tlou. This is going to be bought by everyone partly because of FF7's untouchable status from being on every best game ever list for 2 decades but also because of the amount of secondaries who are going to play it as the thing being hyped at the time.
I mean fuck somehow FF15 is the fastest selling title in the franchise already at 8 million sales

Attached: ff7_bc_2019_06_16_02_31_33_827.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

tifa way too flat

her cleavage is gone. GONE. now she's on par with aeris when that was never the case.

>They weren't gay for each other in CC desu.
That's only because everyone was too busy sucking Zack's dick in CC. Whenever Cloud is in lead somewhere, and there is Sephiroth, it just has to be fujobaiting to some degree. Mobius in particular was the worst when it comes to this. They were literal homos for each other that never fucked each other only because they were too tsundere for each other.

it's just a sports bra user. Hardly something that people aren't knowledgeable of

nothing, the views are spread around reaction videos, squareenix original trailer, and others.

Hey, this is a random thought but I've been thinking. What if for the episode remake down the line they fucked with the fanbase in the ultimate way? They make it so you can save Aerith, but Tifa gets killed instead.

Oh, naive little user. How sweet, innocent and oblivious to the fujoland you are.

Attached: poll.jpg (1109x2077, 789K)

porto rican/dominican maybe

Anybody beaten the arrange mode difficulty on FF7 new threat mod?
I gave up after the motorcycle section because motorball was doing retarded damage like 500 "arm attack" that hits twice equalling 1k
or some other attack that did 300-400+ to entire group and had a chance to confuse
I was only at 700-800hp for my entire party

Why did they put more effort into Aeris than they did Tifa

Attached: 1560615662015.png (1206x605, 957K)

this remaster is pretty good.

Attached: FF7 2019-06-15 19-38-13-59.jpg (2560x1440, 855K)

You are too pure for this world.

He's on a black background.
They had to lighten him up or it would look like an empty coat.

>barely more than an indie title
youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

because one is a cutscene intro, that polished to hell and back and back to hell, and other is a ingame pic.

to be fair, Mikleo is a very pretty boi

original

Attached: FF7 2019-06-15 19-39-25-73.jpg (2560x1440, 941K)

I'm actually playing through the NT mod for the first time on original and just got out of Midgar. Sounds like a dumb question, but are you in the back row w/ Sadness?

Also, what's the difference between Original and Arrange mode? Did he just bump up the damage values?

Is that the gigapixel upscale?

Aerith is a more important character but also that’s a cutscene

And her old model's tit size changed depending on the render and even the scene, while the remake's design is pretty much authentic to the chest size of the original Nomura artwork. More than likely some dev at Squaresoft in the CGI animation team had a ball animating 3D titties despite it not being accurate to the design.

You're still not getting it. Hype due to it being FF7 only guarantees sales for the first game. If it's bad, the second is gonna tank, and if a third is necessary it may not even be created. Sustained hype is hard when you try to bank on it intentionally. Anons are claiming that this is the safest thing Square Enix could have done but it isn't. So much manpower, so many hours, so many dreams and emotions; so much is going into this thing, because yeah, it's FF7. Everyone has a story with the game. Everyone has their own favorite part, favorite character, their own hot take, etc. The new blood involved are people who, like us, played this when they were youngins. The absolute safest thing to do would've been to just put out a remastered edition on consoles and PC. "FF7, now with better graphics and minor fixes! Get it now!" That's what they're doing for FF8. Guarantee you that it's only getting a remaster because it had a major milestone anniversary and SE thought, "Well, this one's pretty popular. How can we bank on this without doing too much?" There's a lot of money going into Remake on top of what I said before. Maybe Nomura and the gang sold it as "It's FF7, it's gonna sell." Which is what everyone's gut assumption is, like it is yours as well. But it's actually a huge undertaking that, as game after game comes out, may fizzle out unless they do an AMAZING job. There's a lot of room for disappoint even if they do a GREAT job. This has to be their BEST output EVER to really satisfy the masses, and they know this. There's a lot at stake, a lot of pressure, and with E3 having concluded there's just a lot more people with eyes on this things. Which is beneficial if Nomura and company put out a genuinely amazing title, but detrimental if they put out anything less than that.
As for FFXV, I think that's just people craving an FF title that doesn't suck for the most part. One that's not an MMO. Too bad it's total shit.

Can you install this with Reunion?

its the remako AI upscale

I restarted my save and Im at top of shinra building some major differences ive noticed so far
>Guard scorpion damage dropped from 375>120
>had to fight 2 plasmabusters instead of 1 at the second bombing mission
>aps did about double damage compared to arrange mode
>you cant rush through entrance of shinra building on arrange because of a level 75 99k HP blocking entrance
I was having to full heal my team twice a fight for even trash enemies
Theres also some slight materia differences

What was made using GigaPixel. Thank you for answering.

they look too young desu, aerith I think is supposed to be like 25

*ahem*

Attached: 88255ad1-c714-4140-90d2-ece308839198..jpg (1200x675, 116K)

All this "They can't fuck up, they KNOW what's on the line" preceded XV, too. Square's shit. Cloud coming back as a shoulder-slumped emo is proof that this game's going to suck dick. The combat will be good, though. Dude who did KH1, 2 and Dissidia is heading it.

She's 22. The only one who's not in his early 20s is Barrett. They look just right imo

Sorry guys but you're not allowed to like FF7 anymore, an e-celeb said he didn't like it and because he's entitled to his opinion anyone who disagrees with him is an autistic JRPG fanboy.

No shit Aeris looks good when it's literally the opening shot of FF7, which is one of the most famous parts of the game.

>shoulder-slumped emo
>He's just talking shit and being an absolutely delightful asshole to Barrett in the demo and looks strong as fuck in-game
You sound like you just wanna be pissed off over nothing

>cloud looks retarded
>tifa had a breast reduction
>aerith has a long face
>barret is not as black as he used to, now he looks like a latino(i know what im talking, im mexican)
they butchered all the designs.

Only Sephiroth looks way too young. Aerith looks older than ever before. She now actually looks 20+ over 14.

>Cloud has a Stance system, as will all characters
wonder what the stances will mean for Barret and Vincent

fuck e-celeb culture man
do people actually think like this

Yea they are REALLY gambling with the episodic releases

Makes sense, Aerith is more impotant after all

and that's a good thing

You bought it, didn't you?

If you think the Remake looks good you should be rewarding Square user

Attached: 8202b88725f4ba4b06997ebf4c4a2f7b_1920_KR.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

Maybe something that makes barret fire faster but have worse accuracy and one for vincent that increases the range/accuracy/damage but reduces attack speed

If they got Honda to actually make that motorcycle I'd buy it

I agree, this shit is cheesy as fuck

Attached: ff7_bc_2019_06_16_02_34_28_048.jpg (1920x1080, 442K)

zoomers that stay in twitch all day usually just parrot opinions

t. have zoomer sister

I get what you're saying. His nose and browline are off-putting, he looks like a black guy who got a bunch of plastic surgery.

I spent time morphing most of the enemies that I ran into, so I was level 17-18 when I hit motorball. I made sure that I had Elemental-Fire on 2 of my characters, and loaded up the other one with a talisman to bump up his Spirit.

Made Barret the tank, Red XIII and Cloud my damage dealers. Gave Barret 2 covers and counterattack so he could contribute while defending.

During the fight, make sure to get in the back row and have sadness on. Make sure you have barrier-All as well so you can put Barrier and MBarrier on.

Use Matra Magic and Bolt as your main attacks, and heal when appropriate (health around 50%). Cover proc'd for Barret a lot, so he was able to soak up a ton of single-target damage. The fire resistance will help a ton with his flamethrower attack as well.

if you manage to morph him you'll get a fire ring as well, so it might be worth the effort

Yea, they fucked his face up.

anyone think the fight with the scorpion boss looked like it took far too long?

What's with japanese developers and tediously long boss fights.

>tfw you are now older than the cast of FFVII
fuck this shit

I dunno, sounds a bit basic. We know Cloud has his nimble stance, and a counter-based heavy hitter stance that will stagger hard against ranged, so I imagine each stance change for the characters would basically be switching their playstyle a bit on a dime.

I bet it was Egoraptor or someone similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xSGv3Hfio They look fine.

the scorpion is supposed to teach you the battle mechanics

>pissed

Strong words. You sound pissed. I'm just not buying the same rhetoric Yea Forums gobbled down for years when working itself up into frenzy over XV. The same flaws apparent then are apparent now. But, like XV, I think I'll enjoy VIIR. It's also apparent that this thing's just another incoming turd.

What are babbling about? Aerith actually looks her age for once. Only Cloud and Sephiroth look retarded compared to their age/profiles.

Barret and Cid are in their 30s which is pretty much a record as far as JRPG main characters go with the average age being like 10 or whatever retarded shit Japan gets up to

>you're older than Cid

Attached: 1388996382653.jpg (380x380, 50K)

oh please. I'm probably older than Aeris's step mom at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=9BYswgheE3Q

Pretty sure it was a Dunkey movement thing

It'll be another Metal Gear V Ground Zeroes, won't it?

Attached: 0c77ff33-649e-4046-98f5-c29731a44eff..jpg (671x794, 200K)

Yeah I had double fire-elementals on cloud and barret
Barret with 2 coversand barrier-all(you dont get counterattack on arrange I think it was a 2nd sense instead)
Had them in backrow(front row since backattack)
He would kill anyone he hit with arm attack since it did 400-500 twice
His aoe attack would do 40-50% of my entire teams HP ontop of causing confuse half the time(the yellow attack)
I was all level 20-22

they revealed Barret's stance. He goes from auto-firing to a single-shot blast that fills his ATB more quickly

Perhaps pissed isn't the right word. Just 'jaded,' then. I hope we all enjoy it in the end. Yea Forums playing games and talking about games, and having comfy threads over something like Remake would be great even if it wouldn't last long.

Yes. Probably done for by the time we see her die. Fitting really.

Both would be believable

I say this as a guilty party, shipfags would ruin it

I hate that he continues to talk about TBS RPGs when he's made it clear he hates them by principle.

Probably. But I'll take shipfags over the yaoifags that ruined DMC threads

>5 years for 2 hours of midgar

>you now realize ff7 is dozens of hours

this will never be finished as a project.

Both are equal shit and should be equally gassed.

don't blame the yaoifags, blame the developers for making Dante a gay cowboy

I'll trade 'jaded' for 'weary' is all. I like Square's output even today; I just can't bring myself to believe the hype they're still masters at summoning when the final products of big properties (FF, KH) have been sorely underwhelming. I'll still cross my fingers that FFR restores Square's prestige. I hope we can enjoy it, too, user.

Egoraptor is so 2014, Dunkey's the hip new zoomer virtual friend kids like to parrot.
I made the horrible mistake of going on Twitter and saw a fuckton of people shitting on JRPG fans as a whole because of seemingly nonexistent posts getting angry about a joke he made or some shit. The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Barret has the facial structure of a white man, and it doesnt suit him.

Expanding on Midgar is fine given that Midgar is the best and most iconic location the game, but I hope they don't expand everything else too much. Expanding Gold Saucer is okay tho

damn that's insane then. Your setup sounds great, and you're at a higher level than I am. Must be arrange mode.

Here, check this out. I found a guide on youtube that did all the arrange mode bosses. He lists out in detail how he got through them in the description. Hope this helps!

youtube.com/watch?v=Vlx1WX2qR9w

probably since it was the tutorial boss

I'm not playing it with those high thigh socks and that plated skirt on her. That schoolgirl look ruins the nostalgia.

if they expand the rest of the game it will take 30 years to finish.

midgar is a TINY part of the game.

This was a concern for me too. The devs probably took their time showing it off though. A skilled player can probably beat it in just a few minutes once the game comes out.

More like a samoan

I'm actually on the same boat. I just don't want to shit on this thing just yet, y'know? In the end, I just want good games. We seem to share in that and it makes me happy.

Man, what do you know "suits" him when his head used to be a fucking rectangular skull even on his CGI model and artwork?

That's what happens when you make your game a sausage fest. Sadly, that was FF games are of late as well. What these two said + , I expect of remake to be gay as shit.

What I don't get is he's made it very clear for years that he does not like JRPGs at all so why does he continue to give his opinion on them when he is biased against the genre from his own admission?

Midgar is one of the most significant parts of the game since it accounts for roughly 30% of all dialogue in it. Squeenix extending/expanding it makes sense in my mind. I don't think many other parts will get as much devotion to it when they have an entire overworld to design.

>expanding Midgard meme
You're not really that gullible, are you Yea Forums?

Attached: 529ad51f-ae73-46b9-887a-f91d49eecae2..jpg (1777x999, 318K)

I doubt we will get a fully open world map. It's going to be on rails. And content will be cut, it took 5 years for the intro of the game.

Remaking their MMORPG FFXIV.

I mean, it's a step up from he looked half-Japanese in AC
>everyone looked super Jap in AC so they made the fantasy-Asian character full on chingchong

Attached: banner_281.jpg (600x240, 27K)

He looks pretty niggerish in the actual trailer. I'm convinced the render is outdated or some shit. And whatever it is it's a massive step up from his weird faggot BDSM club attire in AC

>implying remake is better in that regard
Only Aerith and Barret look white. Cloud, Tifa and even Sephiroth are ching-chonged.

Yeah no i'm gonna skip this. This looks genuinely awful and will probably be just as bad as 15.
Fuck square.

Attached: gump22.jpg (650x400, 41K)

>Midgard

Attached: 1554018015005.jpg (2871x2151, 612K)

I heard that the first part is two discs, with Midgar taking up only the first disc. Who knows how much story will be on the second.

Remako AI Upscale + New Threat Mod are the true 21st century remake and nothing else is necessary.

Oh I saw that. “They sure are mad Dunkey spliced together literally all the exposition possible in ff7 and the compilation together”

At least “seethe” is replying to someone real

It's two discs because the game is fucking huge. One will probably be just an installation disc while the other the play disc. The entire game is Midgar.

>implying Sephiroth was ever white
Ignoring whole Jenova thing... you do remember that his actual father is Hojo, right? Does Hojo sounds like a white name to you? Does Hojo looks like a white man to you? Exactly.

Attached: Hojo.jpg (466x628, 24K)

Original made sense since she is a bar maid.

I doubt so too. The fact that this game is on multiple episodes will make revisiting older locations impossible. It's going to be fairly linear, although a linear RPG can be done properly in the right hands.

>gameplay looks kind of fun
>tone and dialogue seem to be on point for the most part
>character designs are fine

>but the release plan is literally nonexistent beyond what amounts to a prologue being stretched into a full game
Fucking Square, can you just not fuck up for once? I WANT to like you but you keep disappointing me.

in ff15, it went from open world to on rails. this is why I worry nu square can't make an open world big game.

She's like half her original size

>implying fags on these threads ever even played the game

What’s with this stupid fucking meme where they just put a thumbnail of a character smiling? I see this shit all over for Arthur Morgan from red dead and it’s so fucking dumb, some youtuber or streamer had to have started it.

does anyone has the pic collage of all the weird ff7 monsters?

Can't wait to see how will nu-Hojo look like.

Attached: heidegger-final-fantasy-vii-remake-49.7.jpg (210x240, 12K)

Yuffie looks full asian grandma in that pic

And tifa looks white.
FF characters are all white

Attached: tifa.jpg (851x846, 146K)

Attached: 1552109970471.jpg (1024x856, 71K)

Hojo will look like Nomura in the remake. Screencap this.

Attached: Tetsuya-nomura.jpg (400x495, 155K)

They better keep him full crazy

Attached: 36891131_2080124365563411_6482839433472114688_n.jpg (640x480, 25K)

White

how did you get Remako to work with New Threat? I had to resort to using the standalone NT launcher because I couldn't get it to work

Tifa looks like cheap Asian model.
Aerith looks white in an alien way.
Cloud looks like J-Pop star.
Barret looks like tanned Duke Nukem.
Sephiroth looks like THAT pornstar.

He inexplicably tried to have Red XIII knot Aerith when he knew damn well his plan didn't make any sense. I'd say full insanity is pretty easy to get for him

Is it bad even though I'm dubious about Remake's quality I want it to succeed just so e-celeb parrots who haven't played FF7 will shut the fuck up?

Chill out, newfag.

People still dont get it, do they?
its not about stretching. Part 1 plot is gonna be shinra vs avalanche. No sephiroth outside of hallucinations, no meteor, no cetra, no black materia, no temple of the ancients, no nothing. It's pure avalanche vs shinra. You can't call something like blowing a third reactor, or hepling people from the turks "filler" or "stretching" if its part of the plot of the first part.

The OG game had the right idea. They drop on you some hints about the game later plot (sephiroth and meteor) but you dont have time to think about it because aeris is fucking kidnapped. Because you have to blow sector 5 reactor. Because sector 7 pillar is gonna fall down. Nothing mattered except shinra at that point. The remake part 1 is gonna extended that, and it can't be considered filler because its part of the shinra story.

If the OG had a fetch mission to look up for bomb parts, for example, nobody would be complaining about this mission being filler, only prologue. In fact, why go to cosmo canyon, right? pure filler, who cares about red XIII
Yeah who cares about corel, shinra did stuff but who cares, its all about meteor and sephiroth. Who cares about gongaga, who cares about fort condor story.

If you play part 1 expecting more than shinra vs avalanche, its the wrong approach.

yes it's bad. Jesus stop caring about what e-celebs think

Sure is summer in here. You come from Reddit? Literally only seen that “meme” on youtube, are you insulted that I didn’t like your upload?

I don't care about what they think, I just hate it when faggots parrot shit e-celebs say and then try to pass it off as having an informed opinion. I hate it the most because I used to be one of them.

>those Lucretia doujins
Only doujins to actually creep me out in the panda, and mind you I have actually seen some shit there.

Barret looks arab

They ALWAYS called their eyes "blue" though. Also it's not "Mako eyes" but "Eyes of those infused with Mako".

stop trying to appropriate Barret. He's a strong African-American character

Get it off your chest but do not obsess

speak for yourself

>Gloveguards are red
See? The "black glovesguards" were just a weapon that Tifa gets later. She does start off with the red ones.

That's just the lighting. Look at the official render in the OP.

Still pretending that stretching an image and calling it "proof" is a valid tactic?

Would be a valid argument if it was a single release. It isn't.

user, my gf has boobs that big. Tifa is supposed to be THE boobs girl. Average won't cut here.
To be honest, and I don't know if you fit in that category, I think the people okay with this are the ones who came in with the compilation: AC fans and, God forbid, fujos and fangirls.

Those aren't average. My girl has big tits too but she's not as trim as Tifa is. Shit just wouldn't make sense.

>but she's not as trim as Tifa
What's her gravitational pull coefficient?

Compared to which scene? They're all different.

Attached: squiiish.jpg (1439x1007, 183K)

>And tifa looks Midgarian.
>FF characters are all Midgarian
FTFY

44DD.

Tifa with a pleated skirt makes her look like some kind of skater chick. I don't know if I like it.

Attached: 1544890119015.jpg (1047x1244, 236K)

Cloud sort of looks like his JP voice actor with a weird haircut

What I'm saying is that people advocating for this reduce are doing it for no reason other than they just don't like boobs. Those are smaller, that's a fact, even Twitter admits that. There's no viable argument to defend that they should be smaller like now.

Attached: tt.png (363x519, 120K)

soul

I think they're fine. They're still really fucking big, and that's under a sports bra. Yeah, I know. The sports bra has no place in our fetish-fueled adherence to the original Tifa. But those do hide a lot, and she's still bursting in a lot of screencaps. It's not a big deal. I'd just prefer her being thicker/stronger. She looks like she could be snapped in half. The battle model for Tifa in the original game wasn't perfectly trim, she had some arm and leg to her.

So THAT'S why I think he's so handsome

We haven't seen the only party member who really matters yet so we cant call it good yet

Attached: 1560270503929m.jpg (635x1024, 139K)

Yuffie sucks. She hardly has anything to contribute. She's good to play with though. Really hope Remake expands on her a bit. But we won't be seeing her until the second game, if that. Also tfw no pubes

Indeed, we haven't seen Red XIII yet.

No no no, we've been over this with the sports bra. They don't really hide as much as you'd think, and in the cases that it does it has to do with some anatomy stuff about tissues and shit. Sport bras are by design made to stop jiggling, not compress breasts. And why would them? Breasts are extremely sensitive, and even normal bras, that are not supposed to compress, are uncomfortable. A sports bra that'd push a chest back would be hell for a woman.
No, the sports bra are not affecting her size as some think it does.

He's a mulatto with mostly white features. Sorry he doesn't look so black that he isn't sucking up half a spice rack.

They don't hide boobs completely, but they make them deceptively smaller and harder to gauge the actual size of. For all someone may look bigger in a sports bra, they're often times significantly bigger. And let's be fucking honest here, most of what women wear and do is "hell" for them. But they still do it.

No, user, they do not compress a chest, that's ridiculous.

Attached: 3b2b63da-4f1e-4a4d-9f70-71783795e8c7..jpg (766x400, 29K)

If they expand on the individual characters' unique skills, Yuffie could have some really fun abilities, making Steal materia a fucking joke with her around.

Because it makes easy clicks.

>What are you doing?
>What does it look? I'm getting a tan.

>only party member who really matters
>is actually literally irrelevant
What did waifutard mean by this?

>hey guys, this game is actually going to be good!
>it won't be antiquated and retarded like our other games ! I promise!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

You'd have to be retarded to watch any youtuber ever without the sole purpose of entertainment. Their opinions don't mean shit when they have to shit them out in a way to generate the maximum amount of views and likes.

e-celebs literally need to trendsurf to survive

i like tifa as a cyberpunk bar chick, not a fucking schoolgirl

Everyone looks good except Barret. At least they nailed his English voice.

not mr. t 0/10

>Why do you think that TOZ is the most popular Tales games in Nipland
That's not Vesperia

He sounds like RDJ in Tropic Thunder now.

Cloud's sanpaku eyes in the concept art make him look more dangerous and masculine, something that he never comes across as in 3D.