It was good

It was good.

Attached: 406779-final-fantasy-xv-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1010, 124K)

no

It fucking sucked.

It was unfinished.

Yeah in 2016 it was the best RPG released since what, New Vegas?

It could have been great.

The MGSV of Final Fantasy

Down to being better than the previous linear corridor game

>the most functional mgs game
uh

It was okay. It's far from horrible but also nowhere near as good as FF used to be. A minor improvement over XIII but worse than that game's sequels. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Nah XIII-2 and LR are both made actively worse because they’re related to XIII.
Also LR is just shit

The ending completely ruined it for me, but before that I thought it was an excellent game.

>the most functional mgs game
the fuck does that mean

Fuck no

LR is better than XV in every way outside of graphics. It's still decent at best but much better than XV.

>You guys... are the best
>Implying that wasn't the best part of the game

What would have helped to fix the combat for you guys?

The ending was surprisingly well done. Thank god they canned dlc that would have changed it.

Square has finally realized they can’t make good original games anymore and have resorted to remakes and remasters

Attached: D4A7FAE1-C31A-4515-AD27-8853A475EC9A.gif (498x260, 994K)

I don't know why people suck Nomura cock.
Every game announced with him on the helm i can already tell it's gonna be a mess judging not only by his name but by looking at the release material.

>The MGSV of Final Fantasy
lol no V was fucking good. it ended abruptly but it was fucking good. FF XV was just badly produced on every level. the direction, the story development, the maps, the invisible walls, the endless walking (the game should have had bikes !), the "lol look at all these places you can't visit" train ride, the enemy empire "corridor" level.

Attached: 157224b92c70d27c4f2db833598effb7.jpg (736x1207, 94K)

Needing to time button presses, not being able to use items after reaching 0 HP, less eye rape effects covering the screen.

I thought it was pretty damn comfy and I had a lot of fun with it. Just exploring and doing random shit, also everyone hates the combat but I liked it.

Attached: Noctis and Regis.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

Copy and paste KH’s combat system,

I enjoyed it.

Attached: Comfy.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

haha, almost had me my man

Well that would be an improvement I suppose but still pretty bad.

Not him, but TPP is only hated by zoomers who started with the PS2 or PS3 games.

How about KH2FM’s combat system?

I don't circlejerk over KH2 like some people but that would definitely make XV worlds better.

Maybe it is now but I played the beta version. And the beta wasn't.

>haha, almost had me my man
why ? I don't even dislike XV, I had fun, I played it within the first months but it was so sloppily made

Attached: 1527326573677.jpg (1400x1900, 581K)

fool, enjoy death stranding

It was a bad game that had some good elements to it but ultimately was a massive waste of potential.

>fucking actual combo system
Makes me sad

>but TPP is only hated by zoomers who started with the PS2 or PS3 games.
this is by far and without contest or hyperbole the most retarded post i have read on this board.

TPP is a damn good game and you'd need to be contrarian to think otherwise. It did things no open world game before it did, a proto-BOTW.

the open world is one of the worst aspects about this game, its nothing but a complete wasteland with a few bases randomly sprinkled around, also the first three solid games are much better than this fucking trash fire, sure snake handles well but thats about it really.

It was ok. They should have waited some months to a year to have it come out.

It's a game that runs.

Zoomers think every game should play like a third person shooter and can't wrap their heads around a control scheme that's anything but.

>play as sasuke
>but with none of his powers
Lame

It's sloppy as fuck, but the series has been way worse (FF12). And If this game out as it was intended, it could have been one of the best in the series. And I find it difficult to get mad at the game at all, because I'm glad it even came out considering it's development issues. It's like getting to actually play those unfinished games you always hear about, but are just lost to time.

Attached: 1557692826352.jpg (720x876, 25K)

It's almost entirely carried by the characters being enjoyable. The actual game and story around them is half-baked at best.

I wish Final Fantasy didn't suck dick, I miss this series.

Only gladio was good, and most of that is because

1) He was hot and I wanted the cock
2) Nice work Gladio.........Yup

It was mediocre at best

>enjoys this trash
>is a faggot
Checks out.
Can't blame you though, game was made for faggots.

>change the game to a horror/survival in the final chapter

Why did they think this was a good idea?

Attached: 1536620314583.png (2560x1440, 1.11M)

MMO's apart, FF12 was the last good main FF game. Prior to that, you can return 3 iterations even.

The combat was fucking shit, literally hold X to fucking win, magic was turned into fucking throwable grenades, and the boss fights were stupid DBZ shit

SO many people who are shitting on XV today. Usually the threads are a little more civil than this. Damn.

Attached: Noctis.png (500x500, 393K)

Top notch visuals (even though there's a laughable lack of weapon models) and audio, absolute garbage everything else. There are JPRGs over 20yr old that have more flexibility with their quest systems (those fucking unstackable monster quests wtf) and reducing every fucking item to just a glow on the ground is beyond lazy.

They realized that back when VIII went out with a whimper and they resorted to bait with IX.
Then again, it's not like FF was ever original, beyond the less than stellar worldbuilding between titles.
What's the appeal of this series, again? Relating to video games, of course, cause worldbuilding ain't vidya and for fucking sure this franchise doesn't have any roleplaying.

To be fair there are people rightfully shitting on xv everyday.

>It's more than I can take

Attached: 4E699442-DD4A-4D77-BFBF-797813C1BBDD.jpg (1280x544, 176K)

>I want to ride my Chocobo all day

Attached: 1551045802226.gif (460x345, 494K)

>What's the appeal of this series, again?
Embarking on an adventure with a good cast of characters while you have fun leveling up and exploiting the skills of each one in your party.
Now this hasn't been achieved in a looong time. But that was the gist of it.