His smile and optimism: gone

>His smile and optimism: gone.

Attached: mike pondsmith.jpg (371x599, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/TheRealMaxMike
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4OhbzSFpnk
youtube.com/watch?v=d8lnrAqH0mk
twitter.com/PaweSasko/status/1140078903534477312
youtube.com/watch?v=O9_rjQYByrA
youtube.com/watch?v=LxiLUEgN6vQ
deviantart.com/vesner/journal/How-a-game-developer-saved-my-life-492992692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fate of every dystopian writer is to lose all faith in humanity as the real world exceeds the retardation of your fiction.

Mike likes the CDPR game though and is heavily advising

This. Idiocracy is a prime example. The people have elected a wrestling character who can't spell coffee.

Look at this racist homophobe stereotyping white man. Shame!

This is the face of white supremacy.

Yeesh. Did his little interview assblast trannies THAT hard?
Dilate, OP. Preferably with a bullet.

Attached: 1560649532733.png (720x421, 60K)

>gets royalties from CP 2077
>sells a new boardgame (CP Red) after CP 2077 release
why wouldn't he be optimistic?

Attached: 1560650618479.png (619x598, 85K)

Attached: 1560651390261.png (649x224, 18K)

CP Red is a book series, the tabletop he'll be working on after 2077 is finally finishing Mekton 0 that he kickstarted years ago, and put on hiatus to work on 2077 after refunding the kickstarter and promising to still make sure everyone gets their kickstarter rewards

Based Negro.

There MUST be some deleted post that explains the context.

is this real?

based

Based.

Yes, it is real. I hunted the comment down myself. Can confirm.

hes being ironic ... right?

based nigga probably reading this very thread

Attached: Cn7TELZUkAElgCK.jpg (2048x1440, 286K)

What interview?

He's absolutely right.

WE LOVE YOU BRO

Attached: 15126664283230.jpg (903x960, 188K)

>I, as a black man, am incapable of being bigoted towards other black ethnic groups because we are both black

MIKE YOU'RE A GOOD GUY THANK YOU FOR IGNORING /POL/KEKS AND /LEFT/KEKS. KEEP BEING BASED.

I wonder what it would feel like to live in a world where game devs are at least half as based a mad lad Mike.

Whining about cultural appropriation and racist thanksgiving uncles, why are people calling this guy based?

M-mike? Are you lurking this thread right now?

Attached: 3-03.jpg (378x60, 5K)

Where did you get these photos from? The Gunhed chick was a hottie, but I didn't see these on Google.

Let us wrap this thread by describing 3 groups currently whining at Sukablyat 2077:

[a] Church of Trannies whined about a transgender ad which is a cautionary tale that pride and visibility/marketing results in corporations taking advantages of the identity you sell out so cheaply. People being told that their low-IQ pride subverts their own positions and whatever virtues they attempt to instill in others and themselves is a tough pill to swallow for children who are high on collective ego and narcissism as well as long-term Twitter-usage-induced mental castration.
- Low IQ -

[b] Church of White ("Savior") Supremacist SJWs whined about how black gangs were designed unaware that a black designer was behind them, and then tried to tell to the very black creator of the Cyberpunk genre how Cyberpunk should be in an astounding showcase of reckless ignorance and arrogant stupidity.
- Low IQ -

[c] Final side is those who believe the gameplay portrayal so far is looking like it will be shit even though the Devs have many games to take inspiration from and improve like EYE Divine Cybermancy for example, in addition to them removing content and this being a sign that they overplayed their management which might result in very negative possibilities unfolding.
- Valid -

Attached: 1534850766254.jpg (468x598, 76K)

based old guy
dude was filled with excitement in his E3 interviews, he's pumped to see his board game come to life and i feel happy for him

>very black creator of the Cyberpunk genre
He didn't invent the cyberpunk genre, he just created a tabletop rpg with that name.

>damn I envisioned a dystopian future but it was going to be fun, now we just have a dystopian future where no fun is allowed

Seriously. There will be assholes from every side trying to drive things one way or another, and the best course is to just ignore them. Never, under any circumstance, apologize. Never apologize. So many make this mistake and try to somehow cater to these jackapes, and it's just blood in the water amidst a feeding frenzy. They get torn to pieces.

Because white guys trying to go full weeb for other cultures is cringe and racist Thanksgiving uncles exists as a trope for a reason (t. has racist Thanksgiving uncle)

>mfw it's fucking real
holy shit lmao based

Attached: its real.png (873x575, 61K)

google dont show tumblr images for some reason

Attached: tumblr_p5ao2g8VVU1re6nxeo2_1280.jpg (1280x921, 398K)

Yup. And he sees every thread were the very picture of a black person devolves the thread into

>GTFO OFF MY BOARD YOU NIGGER
>2019
>being a shitskinned nigger
>SUB HUMAN NIGGERS
>REEEEEEEEE
>Race mixing subhuman scum

My pardon. The woes of type-rushing.

No surprise that the "tolerant" ones act like the worst racists.

Reminds me of the gallup where whites said that voter ID is racist because blacks cant afford them and black were all for the ID and were dumbfounded of the white answers.

i will never write nigger again i swear

Attached: 1451882173413.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

why does this affect me? why do I feel comraderie with the faggots on this site. fuck me something is wrong with my mind but ill actually buy this game instead of pirating it now.

Attached: 1558387599185.png (676x672, 804K)

Those CDPR cucks probably would've caved if it wasn't for Mike at the helm, dunno if you're lurking here right now but stick to your guns, these shiteaters wouldn't have ever given your game the time of day regardless of how progressive it is.

Attached: 1488236962960.png (362x447, 285K)

white savior complex is perhaps the most arrogantly racist attitude and I wish more blacks would see it for what it is

Die in a hole commie scum, when the boogaloo happens I hope you and your scum friends are ready.

Sad but true.

I think the point he’s trying to make is that the people who want to fight racism should start with their own family before taking their freedom fight out in public.

he might be lurking this thread and laughing at you faggots

Don't forget people, those whining about social politics the loudest are those who most likely corrupt it either to take financial advantage, engage in entitlement and control complex, or use it as a contrasting smokescreen to hide their own deviance.

Attached: 1560078062859.jpg (1247x622, 283K)

He's saying SJWs are useless and aren't actually doing anything important; like talking down to blacks and telling them how to react to stuff.

Because it means that we are not totally fucked up and sane people still go here.

Mike can pond me anytime. Based as fuck

>let's ignore all his recent interviews
the guy is a walking sunshine.

gone? are you sure?

Attached: exotic views s.jpg (686x686, 323K)

It’s literally a modern version of the white man’s burden.

I’ve been seeing more and more people catch on but the more that realize how damaging it is, the more the other side screeches and REEEEs.

what the fuck

Attached: 1548113215894.jpg (228x221, 34K)

Is that Luke and Leia?

I really don't get how people fall for this shit EVERY TIME.

In all fairness I can't read this guys mind, I don't really know what he's thinking. He could very well be really impressed and happy with the game. I'm sure that he knows more about the game than any of us.

But from an outsiders perspective just distance yourself for a moment and think about all the creators of properties that are being adapted into some other medium. When do they ever shit all over the product before it's even released? He profits just as much as CDPR from lying to people about it's quality (not saying he definitely is), just the game being out there and him being interviewed means more interest generated in his original work. People curious about him or old pen and paper role play, or cyberpunk. Shit just the licensing agreement probably got him a nice chunk. This has happened enough times now I just can't see how the "B-but the creator of the original is on the team in some capacity and he likes it" is an viable excuse anymore. Like you say he's "advising". That doesn't mean shit beyond giving his opinion.

>I think the game should have this function and that look that's what 2020 was going for.

>Gee, Mike thanks for that valuable input but those additions would take more hours than we can spare so we're not even going to bother. Maybe in the DLC maybe in a sequel

That's all advising is. It's not final say in any damn thing.

no way kek

Lurk for 20 years you fucking newfag.

My based nigga Mike

And you, a white man, are just the absolute fucking expert on what’s bigotry towards blacks and what isn’t correct

Shitloads of black people have been turning Conservative in the past year, with major acceleration in the past 6 months, for that exact reason.
Successful black celebrities are either being slandered by SJWs for being successful and therefore being a danger to the concept of hand-holding (Kevin Hart, the black woman at congress who was attacked by Democratic Representatives, this guy, many), or are making the black community look terrible through Democrap idiocy such as Smollett did.
Add onto it that black people hate LGBT as a whole more than rednecks do, and that black people are pissed off that Mexicans are taking their limelight and are getting priority focus by Democrats for vote numbers, and you got the Conservative Black stew brewing.
Look at black YouTube creators, almost all are on either the red or center side, and shitting on Democrats more than on the right as of late.

reddit.com/user/TheRealMaxMike its fucking real... i just is he the most based black man alive?

what boards do you think he lurks

>Mike Pondsmith
>Its impossible to smith ponds

huh

And just recently we have the story of the white missionary with zero medical experience "operating" on sick ugandan children, killing them.
I'd love for this to reach a tipping point but whenever it gets called out people seem to just double down. It's disturbing.

He's telling SJWs to go "stop racism" in real life instead of being lazy complaining keyboard warriors who don't actually play videogames.

>Because white guys trying to go full weeb for other cultures is cringe and racist
Sci fi is all about how imitations are just as good as the authentic, thinking cultural appropriation matters seems like an antiquated way of thinking for a guy famous for making a cyberpunk RPG.

Probably /to/ and Yea Forums and not much else

Based MIKE

thats naruto you dumbfuck

People have approached him in the past to adapt Cyberpunk into a video game and he's turned them down because they don't actually care about the source material and just want to make something completely different and slap the Cyberpunk label on it.

>yfw an user made his own tabletop RPG and is finally, after 20 years, witnessing his creation come to life along with millions of others adoring his creation
>yfw you pre-ordered user's game

Attached: 1494037314177.jpg (375x375, 31K)

>He's telling SJWs to go "stop racism" in real life
But then they can't spend 18 hours a day on Twitter circlejerking and writing blogs >:(((((

Attached: SJW Pedo.png (1751x1579, 1.09M)

he probably posts on /tg/ but he's probably been lurking here the past few days.

Let's get this started
Mike "game's cyberpunk, name's shut the fuck up" Pondsmith

The original Voodoo boys were literally white guys that got augmented to turn their skin black and change their voices, and after that they started shoving bones up their noses and shit.

It’s pretty obvious Mike was going for an example of what Blackface might be like in this setting

And he's also said that they've licensed it before multiple times only to see nothing ever happen with it. He hasn't been vigilantly guarding his precious baby this entire time only to let CDPR handle it as a trusted guardian.

>turned them down because they don't actually care about the source material
Nobody cared about the source material before 2077 was announced

How autistic are you? The expression on his face is one of amusement and relaxation.

Pondsmith gon give it to ya.

I hope he has a cameo role in 2077, his voice is pure sex.

Attached: 20005b6b454eec574b65ce5a52f17c0555f1739cr1-1200-800v2_hq.jpg (1024x682, 63K)

I get that too. For me it's the lack of cult personality that every other forum has, due to being anonymous. If someone embraces anonymity instead of trying to market themselves, that's instantly a plus in my book.
Hell, you can just look at reddit for a comparison. Everything Pondsmith says there is likely to attract all sort of ass kissers and the entire conversation will derail to focus on that one celebrity. Here, you might've called Pondsmith a retard and only he would know.

Attached: It’s called consolidation.jpg (1024x686, 390K)

Clearly those Poles did, otherwise the game wouldn't exist.

he is not your average Yea Forums old fart
he worked at MS, visited studios, he is in the know about how things actually produced
he doesn't have illusions of grandeur about his creation, he knows when it's out it's not your property - people own it
it's such a rare sight among older writers especially.

Wouldn't it be great if he was a narrator for the glossary or something like that

>blackface
this was back in the early 90s so it was more likely just commentary on skinny whitebois dressing up as black thugs

He was going to voice that dude from the new trailer originally, it even looks kind of like him.

pondsmith has to acknowledge he is here if dubs

Pondsmith needs to narrate. I'm surprised the man isn't doing voice acting or something.

>tfw zoomers are too stupid to understand anything
They should go back desu

Probably /tg/, since it's relevant to his work and they're also one of the least reflexively racist boards. They can have thorough multi-thread discussions about collecting resources for world-building Africa-inspired fantasy settings without it devolving into racist trolling, I've seen it.

re-roll

Was it because they genuinely wanted to be black or was it like a frat boy prank? I don't see why being authentically black should matter in the future.

>dubs
>Yea Forums

retard

>look into his post history
>unironically uses honk honk
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbased

Yea, I'm not trying to really knock the guy or put him down or anything I'm just saying the argument of "the creator gave it positive reviews" isn't that big of a deal, because that's what most creators do.

Screenshot it now faggot

this is one of the many reason why i love Yea Forums even with the retarted shit

Best start believing in clown world.

you're the Thomas Sowell of weirdo video game stuff

sapkowski did a very negative review though

Then maybe start acting more like humans you dumb jigaboos, or learn how to take banter.

Attached: 1560558738234.png (317x392, 134K)

HOLY F*CK
that remided of the one interview where he said something like "Dum-dum did nothing wrong"
I need to find that shit right away

Attached: screenshot-old.reddit.com-2019.06.16-13-44-54.png (561x101, 12K)

>thinking dubs can never happen on Yea Forums
heh

Attached: americanpsycho.jpg (1252x704, 123K)

That's exactly what I meant.

Attached: screenshot-trends.google.com-2019.06.16-10-44-11.png (1157x526, 49K)

Holy fuck. Why does every single one of them look like that or the female equivalent?

True but in those cases the people who were licensing the IP might've just said that they work alone or something. With 2077 on the other hand, he was there from day one and in the interviews he gave he's said how CDPR would take everything he said to heart and would make radical changes because of it.
Smaller companies that he might've licensed the IP in the past might not have been able to afford any real drastic changes due to budget but CDPR is worth several billions, they're the ones who can actually afford to put in the time and effort to get Pondsmith's vision out there. The game's been in production for a long time. It likely would've been here already if they simply wanted to ignore Pondsmith's opinions.
Will it be perfect? Of course not, what is. Will it be a decent translation of both the world and its gameplay? Personally, I believe so. And best part, this could be a continuous partnership instead of one single game.

Are the Bozos /ourgang/?

Just look at the new Hellboy movie.

>F*CK
Please go back.

To be fair that has nothing to do with Yea Forums and is universal to all imageboards. Frankly Yea Forums is pretty shit these days, look around, it's 90% politics and people trying to stir some kind of shit. Every thread is a clickbait. It's not looking good. Thankfully some boards here are still comfy, like /ck/. People actually discussing shit there, very nice.

Context: His wife was responsible for some of the gangs in the setting.

Attached: 6wmkvON.png (994x819, 774K)

Attached: HONK.jpg (857x1200, 269K)

Bit of a shame, since cyberpunk is a better game in a lot of aspects.

it does not matter where you go right now everything on internet is political just pick your poisoin left or right

>black guy created the setting for the most anticipated game of all time
Yea Forums BTFO

>Bozos are occasionally seen in the Net. Think about it.

Attached: 1362324479033.png (680x680, 57K)

It's over lads, game journo pros will eat cyberpunk alive now. Not only is it made by slavs but also has a based black man looking over them. They're done unless they get a gay tranny spokesperson ASAP

/ck/ is "ironic" shilling every day.

/ournig/

>Bozos are occasionaly seen in the net. Think about it.

make sexy times

>>Bozos are occasionally seen in the Net. Think about it.

Attached: 1537316401379.gif (500x371, 455K)

I thought I heard something about him shitting on the Witcher as a whole. Like he's sick of it or something.

Well /ck/ isn't so you're wrong. Problem with Yea Forums is people here don't actually care about vidya anymore. That's why they're happy to talk about any old shit as long as it's not vidya. Just move out of here if you don't like vidya.

/m/ is one of the few places on the internet that discusses 80s robot anime so there definitely.

Pretty much. Imagine you were a celebrity but you wanted to talk online about stuff you enjoy. Only here can you do it without having a thousand comments saying POUND MY ASS DADDY CELEBRITY, I WANT MONEY GIVE ME MONEY, YOUR WORK SUCKS LOLOLOLOLOL

Attached: 1462818809147.jpg (2000x1013, 487K)

I want him to be a DJ. His voice is as smooth as molasses.

Personally I didn't like a lot of the rules as written, getting straight up dead from one bullet can be an interesting mechanic but it's not a lot of fun at the table.

For me, it's the McChicken.

Pretty sure that was the YongYea interview

Okay, if you want me to do that again I will.

Attached: shrug (1).jpg (647x799, 92K)

Heard they hired Sarkeesian today to do consulting, what will this mean for the game, apart from higher review scores (resetera)

the funny part was Yong confusion about that comment

they did not hire her she just beg for attention

That's understandable and a grain of salt is always advised, but I think, outside of the game having some sort of massive unfixable game breaking bug, it will be the closest adaptation Pondsmith has seen of his work in digital form. Maybe future games will do it even better, who knows.

>he doesnt know
Maybe browse /tg/ a little more to see what it can really be like in the wee hours. That said you're acting like Yea Forums wouldnt love an rpg that is set in anything other than a high fantasy or norse/greek mythology setting, in fact I constantly see people talk about how theyd play a mesoamerican or african fantasy game if its good.

they did not she is simply desperate to be relevant; don't give her attention

Sapowski underestimated the popularity of video games and sold his IP for a pittance, despite being urged to take a much larger cut.
He's an old codger that's bitter as fuck about a past mistake he can no longer rectify. Can't say I wouldn't act the same way if I made such a financial blunder.

And probably doesn't fucking cares you limp wristed faggot

>pay me so that the media I control doesn't attack you
How the fuck are jews so good at taking peoples money? Kind of impressive really

I bet he plays SS13.

Thanks

Attached: 1560372165764.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Nope I have friend in marketing, she's in.

Isn't he getting paid out the ass for the netflix show? I don't feel any pity for that fuck

Why is Mike's voice so fucking GOOD?
Like holy shit

Fair, shadowrun has just become such a mess lately, and it's nice to have cyberpunk without the fantasy shit sometimes.

MIKE, ARE YOU HERE??????

>heard they hired
you didn't hear it
you didn't even mishear it
you misread it

Sure but Yea Forums is obviously the most popular one and the one where you can have better paced discussions without having to wait a long time for a new post to be added. Plus it has its own history which can help.

no, leave me alone

That's because Poles are bitter and butthurt people in general

>CDPR caters to journoshits with behind closed doors demos
>journoshits get uppity
See this is why you market directly to gamers. Ignore the uppity cunts of Kotaku and talk directly to us. They can seethe all they want if you don't rely on their coverage you can just ignore them.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you're actually nostalgic for lancedjack threads and shiggy-diggy.

YOU'VE HEARD IT HERE FIRST SHE'S IN

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_02_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 498K)

They are putting her in Smash?

>latino friend is on here every day
>ask them what they think about the racism
>Either thinks it's hilarious or just ignores it
>gives me the ol' we was kangz in sheeeit

Attached: michael.jpg (600x600, 44K)

Probably but the games are still a bigger money maker.

Which interview?

Pole here
can confirm

august coming, they do not want to over saturate marketing campaign
they copy a lot of rockstar marketing tactics, works well enough I think

Attached: img6434.png (1425x592, 156K)

he shitposts on Yea Forums with william shatner.

No consultancy role, she flying in next week / end of next week.

this is just pure gold

>Banned

But of course

Mike is a black man telling them to fuck off with their SJW bullshit. Their circuits must be frying.

>Pedoera

>Think about it.

Attached: 1509903700430.png (572x700, 683K)

I'm hopping sixth edition will fix a lot of the issues with it, especially how the rulebook is structured which is a massive problem for new players. And something has to be done with the Matrix, anytime a decker or technomancer goes in it's either a complete deadstop to any of the action or their completely alone and cut off from any help the rest of the team.

They are just on ultra high alert now that people are getting dangerously close to exploding the whole pedo ring going on there wide open

How can you browse here and still think racism is bad and not hilarious in anyway? Fucking fag.

Oh no I probably called him a shithead and a faggot over a waifu MIKE IM SORRY

MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w-what ? he is right

Attached: resetera meme.jpg (1196x838, 106K)

>Just look at the new Hellboy movie.

I'd rather not.

Fuck off with your e-celeb threads, shill.

It's so sad to see someone realize the dystopian fantasy he imagined doesn't hold a candle to the dystopian present that has been brewing in the shadows

We've given the worst people a way to amplify their insane voices and have a say on the lives of normal, decent people

Attached: 1490946250638.png (210x192, 89K)

NOT VIDEO GAMES

REPORTED

Nah, they just call people like him uncle toms and ignore them. Because obviously they know whats best.

>tfw THQ Nordic, Notch, Will Shatner and Mike Pondsmith have probably shitposted eachother in the same thread before
I know theres actually a lot of famous people who browse here, but it's only the boomers who are so based theyll admit it.

>Dismissing concerns surrounding representation
>Misrepresenting other members
Oh, there's concern alright.

it is related to games they are video game forum.. or at least that's what they saying

The Banned thing is also the perfect punchline.

Fuck off with your e-celeb thread, shill. Not video games.

He's the guy on /m/ that spams floof threads
not that that's a bad thing, mind you

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4OhbzSFpnk

I know I would enjoy an african inspired game. But I have a feeling that some shitheel company like EA will try it, make a shit game; then scare investors away from making more interesting and unfirmilliar settings.

I'm sure the money will change that.

Don’t forget the Sprouse Twins

hes always been based as fuck

Attached: cyberpill 2077.jpg (1080x631, 142K)

Aka. people who can afford to take whatever publicity hit that might come from admitting to come here. This website will never get rid of its bad publicity. Early on I would've said that's a good thing but now, considering the average quality of posts, I don't even know anymore.

>Sukablyat 2077
It's Kurwajunk 2077.
Take me down to the Kurwajunk city!

> pondsmith is the BLACKED spammer that has been shiposting threads the past 2 years

Attached: 1431195642225.jpg (593x872, 132K)

holy shit thats based

I doubt he's into your shitty fetish faggot.

Could be fun but it can be difficult, on average, to have a thread just talking about ideas without some retards derailing the whole thing. Doesn't happen every time. It can usually be chill as long as there's some other shitposting thread getting their attention.

it was so obvious all along

Attached: 1554507673498.jpg (400x300, 31K)

Pondsmith's always been based.

moderately based but also kinda cringe, not gonna lie

For the record, that was apparently in a supplemental book and may not have been written by him. I've seen it mentioned in passing. But yeah, whoever wrote that seems to have nailed one of the greatest threats we currently face.

>removing content
Such as?

The world he envisioned is worse than ours. The only difference is that this is the one we have to live in.

Yeah, this wasn't written by Mike. It's from the Nomad sourcebook from 1995.

have you actually listened to him talk about the process of making the game though? CDPR are serious fans of 2020, and have been listening to his commentary on the 2077.

>when blacks commit crime and act ignorant
>Yea Forumspol hates blacks
>when blacks do cool shit and hang without crying
>Yea Forumspol loves blacks
Huh...hmmmmmmmmm.......HUH?!?

Attached: iaw92kx294z21.gif (512x422, 1.12M)

I have not, do you have any videos/interviews?

I haven't loved a black man this much since Ghost Dog

Wow, that's deep.

Attached: 28667968828_664ac0b0ce_h.jpg (1200x1600, 841K)

he means its like
>Holy shit the legend himself has reddit
>What, did you think they threw me off tumblr? No, I never go to tumblr, I'll stick to Yea Forums
he's implying most internet people are on one of these sites

Stop being such a stuck up fag, this place is still far better than reddit or twitter, and still less populated

Not that user, but apartment customization, choice, and vehicle customization seem to have been CRF'd along with certain branching paths and certain choices that could have an impact on how the story goes down. I'm not going to go full nihilist regarding 2077, but it seems like the initial scope may have been too vast for them.

>Non-leftists actually judge people by their thoughts, opinions, and actions rather than saying WHITE (BUT NOT JEWS) BAD, MINORITY GOOD)
woah.... really activated the other 80% of my brain and taught me The Fist of The North Star

Huh, I didn't see any news about those customization features being removed. Where was it confirmed?
Same with the branching paths, are you sure it wasn't just prior choices for whatever save file they used in the demo blocking out certain paths?

More like
>black guy does something stupid
>"well, there you go."
>black guy doesnt do something stupid
>"cool."

>tfw black

Everyone is judged like that wtf are you talking about?

The white boys of Yea Forums are pussies and at this point will put up with anything as long as their little toys are left alone.

Dunno. I've seen people trying to be killjoys in threads lately claiming as such and posting twitter screencaps. They're deliberately trying to attack the hype, though. So I'm not sure what is and isn't legit.

Stfu nigger, you will NEVER be as based as Mike. EVER.

Oh black user, please don't get hurt trying to think and feel for yourself. Leave us rancid white SJWs to do all that for you. You're not an Uncle Tom are you?

I don't know what point you're trying to make

It's all fun and games until those pussies migrate to /fit/, /out/, and /k/.

Getting offended on someone else's behalf isn't appropriation, dipshit.

I completely agree, what I meant is that the idea that Yea Forums is this hole of the internet where low lives and criminals dwell will always persistent, despite the only real thing that defines Yea Forums is that we're anonymous.

If you put yourself out there, others will fling shit at you. Happens to anyone when they mention they're X, Y, or Z. Don't take it personally.

And you're right. That's how most people judge others. I think that was the point that other user was making.

Based. Day of the rope, soon.

kek

to be fair when i started visiting Yea Forums i was outcast who did make money from e-whoring and other shady shit i think it is largely still true a lot of people here are outcasts i still remember scam threads on /biz/

He also has white wife. What a based guy.

Where is yours?

reading comprehension user

sure thing bud

>posting the Neotribes screenshot without context
It's explicit Corp propaganda to target hillbillies working on their motorcycles while living in garbage dumps and jerking off to the confederate flag.

Are you stupid or blind? >The original voodoo boys were a scathing commentary on cultural appropriation.

Back in the day, sure. Social media wasn't still as big a thing so this kind of interactions were mostly from outcasts or at the very least people who liked to make everything into a joke. Nowadays there's no sEcReT cLuB mentality, fuck rule one and two I guess, yet, despite believing that stuff like reddit and twitter are much more evil than anything Yea Forums has ever done, it's this website that gets the bad reputation. Just because we're anonymous and blunt with our opinions, I guess, no real accountability. Although it's not like other websites don't have the exact same issue, just slightly different. Yea Forums is still the only website I'll ever post on. If it dies, that's it. Anonymity online might as well be dead.

You do know... he meant that ironically, right? If you read on you'll see he was shitting on this site like everyone else. Fuck you fags are gullible.

I don't get this though. As surely a new batch of young people who like video games comes here every year? This place can't just be all people in their 30s who got bored of games.

I use Yea Forums as a social board. Video games are for manchildren.

>low lives and criminals dwell
That's part of the charm nigger

Attached: giphy (1).gif (250x158, 1.99M)

You ARE being a manchild

WHAT A LEGEND

The charm isn't based of reality though.

It's fucking real

Attached: holyshit.png (671x228, 28K)

To be real, the place has a mixed appeal that's sort of a cross between a pirate haven and a hellfire club. The antics are tame for the most part, but every once and a while you get some business or madness happening.

Pardon. Once in a while.

Yeah, and there's a word for it that I'd love for people to use more often: slacktivism.

>here low lives and criminals dwell
this is the part of the internet where the asocial retards who are autistic enough to create memes dwell, don't fucking romanticize this pit.

Attached: 1560407341477.jpg (1068x1200, 90K)

Source for the branching paths and choices?
I know the (pointless) apartment redecorating was cut and I don't care, that the childhood hero option in character creation didn't make it and maybe that's too bad but not a big deal, I expect they'll still feature and play a big role in the lore and dialogue and affect the game in other ways besides how we now know Johnny Silverhand will feature in a big way. But I've not read anything that they've cut into branching paths and choices, if anything these changes are probably so they can put more work into that.

The initial scope is always too big with ambitious games because if you don't shoot for the stars then you're doing it wrong, doesn't really mean anything, just that they've decided where to put their energy since release is in little less than a year.

>Dismissing concerns surrounding representation
Holy shit this is just a fancy way to say "disagreeing with me". Why is Resetera such a walking fucking parody.

>cross between a pirate haven and a hellfire club
Kind of. We're basically the cartoon version of a dive bar where the occasional fights start and no one else reacts. Then something weird happens and that's the point everyone has to stop and stare.

>who are autistic enough to create memes dwell
This isn't even true anymore.

Attached: 1558485466412.jpg (1024x923, 162K)

>Source for the branching paths and choices?
There isn't one, everything points to those still being in the game.

I wasn't the one who romanticized it.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Well he knows it’s not a real cyberpunk game.

Attached: OFF-BY-ONE.jpg (415x375, 19K)

Every single fuckin time

Attached: sjw.png (284x177, 10K)

The childhood hero thing goes against their guiding principle that your character is built out (literally and figuratively) through choices you make in-game, not through a menu.

>Source for the branching paths and choices?
The things you mentioned are what I was referring to. I'm not too concerned.

I love how quickly SJWs turn on their "own".

>Cyberpunk was made by a black guy

Huh, I never knew that.

It's not romanticizing it, weird autistic outcasts are the low lives, and theres a lot of fucking cheese pizza connoisseurs and third world spics that make up the criminals.

no

Without even taking what he said into account, has CD Project RED ever made a bad game? Because based on history their games only get better and better. Even if they did strip most of the RPG elements out, if they give us a decent branching story with some endings that are actually different, Ill be happy. If they pull a Mass Effect 3 and take everything out and then shit in our face, you can be mad at that time.

Attached: 1538226831002.png (1299x1322, 389K)

Because it's a bunch of NeoFAGs who thought their old site wasn't liberal enough. Yeah. Let that shit sink in.

Ironically nowadays Neogaf has pro-trump and conservative threads up and is pretty balanced in its RL politics section, while on Retardera you're permabanned for calling someone a pronoun before asking.

I love how many actually believe that the setting was infact created by one person

Attached: 1560651014760.jpg (267x323, 7K)

I think he meant the brand, not cyberpunk as a genre.

The guy is going to make millions off royalties regardless if the game is hit or miss. He's set for life.

The tabletop game, not the genre
>racist Thanksgiving uncle
What an oddly specific thing to bring up, sounds like a twitter meme, like #Thanksgivingclapback

I'm talking about the tabletop game.

Is banned a meme right now?

Attached: 1560462284730.jpg (258x245, 23K)

I'm sure it will be a quality and competent game that provides what it's aiming for. For me personally, I'm just saddened a little that it's looking more like a GTA-style game with some light RPG elements. I really did want a full-blown WRPG.

It's not an issue of good/bad. It's just not what I was hoping for.

Obviously he didn't create the whole cyberpunk genre but wrote the setting the game is based on

>black person tells sjws to stop telling him to be offended
>WTF BANNED FOR NOT WANTING TO BE OFFENDED YOU RACIST NEONAZI

Attached: 1550594685055.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Hating bad niggas and loving good niggas

What's the problem?

Attached: 1560562492234.png (634x513, 11K)

Worse than that, he was banned just for posting a pic of a black man saying hes not offended
>pic
Lurk more

/pol/fags are the degenerates who come around here posting interracial b8, /pol/ can get fucked.

If you're white and you disagree, you're literally hitler neon-nazi, etc
If you're black and you disagree, you're an uncle tom house nigger.

Attached: 1560630697002.png (320x302, 141K)

ALMONDS: ACTIVATED

Nobody gives a shit what you think, faggot.

>Obviously
You can't be too sure on Yea Forums, I've seen anons saying he invented the genre on here before

You seem fairly reasonable so maybe you can explain it to me: what exactly makes it "a GTA-style game"?

if you are lefty you only see group

People expecting Cyberpunk Witcher but a FPS will think its mediocre. People expecting something similar to the tabletop will be extremely unhappy. If enough gameplay gets out before release it's going to tank.

>tfw white people on the internet tell you you should hate other white people on the internet for not crying about some criminal who got shot doing stupid shit that you must have known and sympathized with because you're black too

Holy fuck trannies are fucking annoying. Honestly I wish they killed themselves at a faster pace to spare everyone of their insistant and cancerous bitching

I'm guessing he's talking about this.
youtube.com/watch?v=d8lnrAqH0mk
He seems to be genuinely enthusiastic and passionate about it so it gives me some hope

>40%

Attached: x9dUvCu_d.jpg (500x342, 21K)

As a black man i can only say that i relate to this (and most of my black friend think the same). Only some black women diseagree but this is because whatever the colors are, those bitches love ATTENTION.

>yong yea
i'm OOOOUTTT

Did they just ban a black minority developer in gaming media by proxy?

Attached: 28058821_577662302580190_2135536385104133160_n.jpg (781x850, 47K)

/M/ike is so BASEEEEEEDDDDDD!!

Yep. They have completely lost the plot.

The apartment customisation was never even mentioned before. They did say you could get different apartments and then scraped it, but customising them was never on the table to begin with

Ah. So people are just making a big deal of nothing. Good to know.

i dunno why but cdpr attracts the most retarded critics, not just on the internet but here as well

i remember people posting how they were going to sue cdpr for the witcher 3 downgrade and were calling it false advertising. they were legit asking for legal advise on how to proceed.

Speaking on this being a licensed property, I don't personally thin it's unreasonable to have expectations based on the original work. And from what I've seen it's not going to really meet those expectations. That honestly bugs me. It just does. I wont say it's an objectively bad game because of just that but it's not what I wanted. What I think happened is CDPR let their reach exceed their grasp or maybe some of the rumors about team change is true I don't really know. But it also doesn't matter Because they've failed to deliver on what was promised.

NOW, if they had just decided to do a cyberpunk styled game, then as far as I'm concerned they were free to do whatever the fuck they want. Make whatever kind of game they want with whatever mechanics they want, and I can't and don't speak for everyone else but I would have been fine with that. But, and it bothers me as a pattern of developers and producers and movie studios, that they buy a property make a huge deal about honest and faithful to the work and experience it's going to be and when they can't meet those expectations it's the fans who they were courting in the first places fault for not just accepting whatever shit they're being fed. MAKE AN ORIGINAL FUCKING PROPERTY, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. You want a built in fanbase to support, promote and buy your shit then respect what the fans liked about that property.

CDPR games, you're right, you're sort of right, they make popular games, I see some flaws I lost interest in the witch series with each game but that's me. I still wouldn't call them bad games. But I'm not concerned about some good generic game I'm concerned about this being a good Cyberpunk 2077 game. I'm concerned if I'm going to get something similar to the experience that I got from 2020. That's what I was originally excited about and that's what dwindles when I hear this and that and the other aren't going to make it into the game.

>and then scraped it
they did? any proofs on that?

>.t raciss uncle

yeah but you give him high fives, right user?

Why are Americans so trigger-happy with starting lawsuits? Is it because of greed?

I'm Mike Pondsmith. Say something nice to me.

Attached: 1426991403340.jpg (737x709, 44K)

the world of cyberpunk 2077 is far more retarded than the real world though

Ever since that dumb bitch one a lawsuit against McDonalds by spilling coffee on herself, it's all gone downhill.

Yikes

>Yea Forums thinking he's redpilled
y i k e s

Attached: ss (2019-06-16 at 03.39.20).png (649x387, 36K)

>shitty people are judged
>cool people are cool
wowowwww... so confus me :)

kys chapocel

GO MIKE! FUCK EM UP! DON'T TAKE THEIR SHIT BASED BLACK MAN

Cloaca XXIIIrd, at yoor service.

i think it's somewhat unfair to expect a video game to have the same level of freedom and choice allowed in a relatively free-form tabletop game, even if they are based on the same IP. the constraints of the medium simply don't allow it.

probably bait but that woman had to get skin grafts and her skin literally all melted off. look into the case before you ignorantly spout shit

That was an actual legit lawsuit you should look up some of the pictures before you say it was bullshit.

Attached: 1559949778490.png (482x363, 221K)

>based = redpilled

twitter.com/PaweSasko/status/1140078903534477312
Here. This is the exchange that set autists off

Based and Yea Forums pilled!
We are the only moderate place left on the internet.

Attached: 1515584670455.png (439x519, 137K)

Based and bluepilled

it is a bit disappointing desu

>identity politics bad mkay
>ah finally, a forum for a group identity I align with

well yeah he's a lefty, Cyberpunk is nothing more than left wing libertarian self-flagellation.

Think bioshock, but replace all of the historical relevance and with magic star trek technology.

Attached: he didn't fly so good.webm (360x360, 1.46M)

>they've failed to deliver on what was promised.
I'm not sure you understand what "promise" means. They are delivering precisely what they've said they would, which is pretty much in line with what any reasonable person would have expected them to deliver. If you were expecting a radical departure from the sort of games they make, then it seems the fault lies primarily with you.

It is, but people were raging like crazy about it. And not just about being unable to buy new apartments, but about not being able to customise them, which was never promised

give me a run down OP

>no he secretly hates the game that's going to make him millions

I wasn't. He did an interview with one of playstation's youtube people
youtube.com/watch?v=O9_rjQYByrA

He looks like he fucks white girls

Attached: 1538257544088.jpg (640x359, 37K)

they took an interesting concept and then distilled it into yet another whitewashed milquetoast shooting gallery with an a-political agenda.

It keeps happening and you people keep falling for it.

>tfw when im latino that goes here everyday
It's pretty swell

Attached: 1538335463515.jpg (431x463, 18K)

People who aren't happy with the direction an adaptation is going aren't involved as much as Pondsmith is. They just sit back, shut up, and cash the cheque.

Thanks for the rundown

>Touchy babies can't even take banter

Back to Plebbit.

>i think it's somewhat unfair to expect a video game to have the same level of freedom and choice allowed in a relatively free-form tabletop game,

I think that's a bullshit excuse that ignores the problem. I don't think the standard for 2077 was ever the same level of freedom you got from 2020,not for anyone and definitely not for me. That argument is conflates fan expectations to the wildest unattainable extremes for the game imaginable, "I want a 1 for 1 exact replica of 2020 in digital form". And that was never the case but when what seems to be happening is that even generalized (flavor) life path options aren't present in the game then they've missed the mark. The more news that comes out the more it seems that the promice of customization is simply cosmetic. Not that the story needs to be open ended in a video game but multiple routes to the same destination. Like the thug route vs corporate route vs hacker route. And if the medium doesn't allow it then like I said just make YOUR OWN cyberpunk themed game. It's a genre with a lot of material that they could have added to. But they wanted the property, because they were such big fans, I don't believe it. They wanted the 2020 name and all the recognition that came with it and because at least at the beginning they thought they could deliver.

>Black man like CP 2077
>White trannoids complain endlessly about CP 2077

>fbi agent named Jensen

latinos are honestly the most racist people

hah this is pretty true. Authorial intent doesn't mean SHIT if you're not the creative director of the project. Pondsmith is just there to get paid for his IP and he will say literally anything.

Attached: 1560677524367.png (659x268, 36K)

Give it 58 years

Don't talk shit about our greatest ally.

Attached: ponder smiley.png (240x240, 23K)

You're describing literally every video game RPG ever made.

>all the recognition that came with it
Seriously, user?

>Wrestler

Based

>Phone has misspelling problem like with the rest of us

Based

on Yea Forums no less

>I'm not sure you understand what "promise" means.

They promised an RPG and then changed it to open world action adventure. How is that delivering what they said they would...because they were considerate enough to inform us they changed what they said?

There's only three games I'm looking forward to and Cyberpunk is not one of them.

Attached: 1560631560873.png (500x594, 278K)

They are delivering an RPG. This is literally what 99 percent of all cRPGs offer. Literally how the fuck could you have ever expected anything else?

you aint wrong

I was about to sneeze in this trick.

Attached: logored.jpg (777x1024, 63K)

give it up user, it's a generic action adventure game now starring Keanu Reeves.

BASED AND REDPILLED

Here's the one thing that truly bothers me about Cyberpunk 2077. The forced FPS perspective. I know it's beating a dead horse by now but listen.
They've said the game is going to have a photo mode. What this means is that this isn't the typical FPS situation where the player character is basically just a couple of arms and nothing else, they need to work on every animation from a third person perspective because at any moment the player might decide to go into photo mode, which inevitable leaves the first person perspective.
So why force an FPS? Sure, you can say it's more immersive, I can see that, but there's one thing I don't think any FPS can do better than TPS and that's atmosphere. FPS perspective is too restrictive to properly appreciate the world around you, just what's immediately in front of you.
Silent Hill for example would be crippled if it was an FPS. All that atmosphere of the town would be gone. What people theorized that Silent Hills was going to do was TPS for walking around the town and FPS when inside a building. I think this is the best balance possible, although I'd still prefer at least a simple choice to the player's taste.
/blog

Attached: 1528675189748.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

>character creation
>character stats
>equipment and augmentation customization
>branching questlines
>choices and consequences
In the minds of cyberpunk detractors, what exactly is this game lacking that other cRPGs are offering?

Just ignore the shitposting tranny, they'll give up in a few days, they've just been active this past week because of E3

wtf does that even mean?

Either you make good FP gameplay or good TP gameplay.

You don't do both, get over it.

>muh covfefe
Maybe you're on the wrong side when this is what you have to worry about years after the fact.

/ournigga/

No one chooses to be racist, no one wants to be racist.

Retard

>You're describing literally every video game RPG ever made.
Yea and I'm saying it doesn't look like we're getting even that.

>Seriously, user?
Yea seriously, in terms of those being the people that were actually interested in the game when it was announced and informed everyone else about it and it's significance yes. Like the Witcher, I didn't know about or give a fuck about the Witcher being a game until my friend informed me about the books. That's honestly not the same thing that happened with Cyberpunk 2020. or Game of THrones before HBO all this shit was just as well known as Shakespeare before the small community of original fans spazed out at the announcements and started shilling shit with excitement all over social media.

eh yes and no. you say
>FPS perspective is too restrictive to properly appreciate the world around you, just what's immediately in front of you.
But by being in first person and if done correctly it can convey scale way better then third person. It can be also more immersive. The gunplay from the demo seemed fast paced also which you cannot really do in third person. Imagine quake, unreal or doom in 3rd person. It would not work.

There will probably be a mod though.

I just realized... Have we seen Maximum Mike yet? Have they shown us him? He should be in the game somewhere even if it's just in like a quick blurb. Obviously we have Silverhand now which makes sense.. I'm sure Blackhand and Santiago will show up.

>Either you make good FP gameplay or good TP gameplay.
>You don't do both, get over it

Attached: 51AFYNZA7HL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 37K)

Now that Alt has been confirmed I am sure every character from the Never Fade Away adventure is going to show up in some form or fashion.

And why not? The usual answer is that FPS character's don't actually have any body, like I said it's just a pair of floating arms. In TPS, some of the smaller detail can be lost due to the camera being further away. But what exactly is it about having that choice that's so incompatible to make it not work? It's not like I'm saying every game should do this, fuck no. But I'm just not seeing why Cyberpunk specifically wouldn't, considering all the work they're doing is basically for a TPS, which then gets a FPS perspective.

They already have one...?

It’s because Corporations would normally rather throw money at you than have a lawsuit, so utterly and insanely bloated our lawyer’s prices have become.

Disney for example gives out many millions in hush money a year. Why do you think you never hear about any lawsuits or bad things happening at the Disney parks? The funny thing is a good 75% of those complaints are specifically engineered to get comps or payouts from them knowing they want to avoid spending money on lawsuits. Hell it’s becoming an increasing trend for people to bring their own bedbugs to the resorts then dump them in a bed and complain so they can get their rooms for free.

That kind of nonsense has been rampant in almost every industry involving direct contact with the customer since the late 90s when frivolous lawsuits became extremely common. Where I am we’re not allowed to follow certain federal safety regulations because some hoodrat will, without fail, just “happen” to knock over the box labelled “heavy” onto themselves and sue us.

Attached: ACB2D7CD-9E1F-42E1-BD9B-0C77CF55DB20.png (200x302, 34K)

You really proved my point. You couldn't shoot in third person for this game. Specific features were locked to one view or the other, and that had it's own issues to go along with it.

>Yea and I'm saying it doesn't look like we're getting even that.
You are getting exactly that. Are you retarded?

Cyberpunk is one of the most niche systems in an already highly niche hobby. That you think this brand buys them anything is baffling. You somehow being unaware of the Witcher until hearing about the books is likewise not indicative of how 99 percent of the witcher audience became aware of the series. If this were the case, it wouldn't have taken them til the 3rd game to hit the big leagues.

I can understand that but I think a game like Doom works because it's an FPS. Cyberpunk on the other hand, specially considering the whole cosmetic aspect, just seems like a perfect fit for TPS. Sleeping Dogs as an example made the world feel vibrant while also getting to see your character in all of that.

>And why not?
If you can't understand that the two viewpoints require two significantly different game design philosophies, I don't know what to tell you user.

hmmm if he doesnt bend the knee to leftists then i will buy his game

What a legend

It's still good gameplay in both third and first person.

It's funny. I'm excited about the game but I really care more about how I can cause the story and world in the game to change.

When did they show Alt? Was that her in the very first teaser?

I don't have to look any further than GTAV which while it was designed as an TPS, the FPS update works perfectly fine.

unironically based

The FPS update was added years after the game came out retard.

>Orange Dummy
>Or a literal demon witch

>That you think this brand buys them anything is baffling.

What I find baffling is that you think they would have shelled out any money at all on it when they could have just made their own cyberpunk game.

>When did they show Alt?
They didn't, but she gets name dropped in the E3 2019 demo at the very end.

This. And real America elected a black Muslim who is married to a man in disguise and thinks America has 57 states all the while verging wars for Israel.

>we whites want our own community, and only whites can live here! Niggers BTFO!
>wtf why are niggers doing the same thing

Oh thats great. Super excited.

>Mike Pondsmith sees my cyberpunk shitposts
I'm sorry Mike. I played the shit out of p'n'p game, I had a blast. I really hope that 2077 will be good, but it looks like garbage from what I've seen.

the immortality plot is going to be lame, and the combat isn't even as good as the shooting in Rage 2 which is a painfully boring game.

Because they like the setting and/or it saves them time they don't have to spend writing one from scratch. If you think CDPR seriously needed the non existent publicity bump from the Cyberpunk name after they just released one of the top rated and top selling RPGs of all time you might actually have brain damage.

The one thing that still bothers me is the city sizes, which is what we get with with slav developers who live in a near 3rd world country. So now this "large sprawling city" of a technological future looks like a moderately sized city in a flyover state.

Attached: 1234.gif (500x210, 485K)

Only way to find out is to get out hands on it to play it. If the gunplay is tight and fast then I don't see it going well in third person and if thats what they are going for then then first person is really their only option.

Also to add to this the world is built around FPS. They said a while ago that FPS allows much different environments. As in you don't have to cater to the third person camera position etc.

First person allows the HUD to be integrated into gameplay seeing as you view the world through robot eyes.

Based as fuck. I love this dude

His wallet and bank account: overflowing.

They've said it time and time again that cyberpunk2077 is heavily focusing on verticality. If someone is shooting directly down at you from a few floors above, third person perspective is suddenly a giant issue.

>reddit spacing

Attached: image.jpg (750x558, 180K)

So? The argument was that it works both ways. Just because Rockstar didn't decide to launch with that option is a moot point.

These things aren't contradictory you know. White nationalists hate racebaiting in media but still want white only spaces.

arrrrhhh my knees, they're bending

Attached: FaceApp_1560716836156.jpg (1024x686, 415K)

No, it's exactly the point, they had to retool and and test the game for YEARS to add it and it still isn't that great.

I think these would be the times that I'd be fine with the forcing the camera to shift back to FPS. That section in the latest video where V gets in the bathtub and seems to enter cyberspace for example. Force FPS for that. Maybe force FPS every time you're inside a building. But walking around the overworld could be better in TPS. And it's not like the game is going for what Doom or Far Cry does where it's never meant to leave that perspective, since you do have a TPS option when driving.

To add to this. My only issue with first person is the FOV but they recently confirmed that there is a FOV slider.

>video game thread
>HAHA DRUMPFFFFFF

fucking obssessed

The whole point is to see the world through your characters eyes, and that's what they are focusing on.

He was literally shitposting on reddit about the controversy with animals etc... He is based and has good relationship with CDPR. He definitely didnt obliget to do it, but still did.

>Because they like the setting
If you believe this bullshit I can't help you.
It's the same exact shit everyone says about every property they buy. "We believe in it because we're such big fans" But no this time they mean it.>or it saves them time they don't have to spend writing one from scratch.

Then why jump 50 years into the future where you have to write so much new shit anyway?

I don't think we're going to get anywhere man and I really don't know where we're going with this I don't see how anything you're saying negates my original statement of CDPR could make very well probably will make a good game I just think it falls short of even their original intentions which is evident by the fact they've cut shit in the demo and changed their own description of the game. I'm fucking done.

I love how you triggered...

Attached: 1560152929943.jpg (606x472, 51K)

Based Mike. I swear I will never write the N word on this board ever again.

I'm sure a 2 billion dollar company like CDPR can afford that. But hell, maybe the only reason Rockstar did it was just an experiment. CDPR could've, from an early point in their development, decide this. So it's not like they first have to release the game and only several years later decide to update with a TPS.
Sure, now I'm not expecting them to do this but nothing stopped them from doing this early on.

>W-w-ho is this man? NO! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING! I'M IN CHARGE HERE! FUCKING NIGG...

Attached: 5783946685eb3_o.jpg (1500x1000, 203K)

Yea Forums, /tg/, /g/

Having racial solidarity IS redpilled, you absolute fucking moron.

Yet he still comes here.

>Then why jump 50 years into the future where you have to write so much new shit anyway?
So they can update the setting appropriately? The original game was set in 2020 man, it was also written in the 80s. They didn't want to make a retro game, otherwise it would lose the impact the original game had.

You know whats great about this site? I could be, Mike. You'd never know. You can just freely assume I'm absolutely nobody at all and that I'm just messing with you.

Isn't his wife white?

Except for cutscenes and driving, you mean.

got me good

Attached: 1553900981774.png (517x483, 215K)

I'm sure they already did do it, and decided to focus on one perspective and craft the experience around that. It's only going to make the game better.

/gif/

>If you believe this bullshit I can't help you.
Right. They secretly hate the setting despite your claim that the system is so popular that they bought the license precisely to capitalize on the good will of its endless legion of fans.

>Then why jump 50 years into the future where you have to write so much new shit anyway?
Because it gives them the baseline without locking them into the established lore too much. It's literally the same thing Bethesda did with Fallout 3. Throw it a hundred years in the future and you can pick and choose what to include and what to change without much worry.

This isn't especially difficult. I don't know why you need me to explain this shit to you.

I mean they could add that that but it would be pretty shallow. IT seems all the UI is based on what your in game characters eyes see. Combat does happen in the overworld and probably spontaneously also. I Don't think it would work well. There will probably be a mod for it though.

Some people can't drive in first person, I know I can't.

he's /ourguy/
ill never use the gamer word again

Absolutely BASED!

oh no no no no

Attached: 15723589237552.png (791x249, 28K)

fucking B A S E D

I don't mind first person, but CDPR had 3 games and 8 years to master third person gameplay and still couldn't make it at least half decent. It's a guarante that they will fuck up first person.

Okay but it's either full on immersive experience or it's not. Driving in Far Cry can be a pain but the game is clearly going for a "never leave first person" thing. If that was what CDPR was doing, I could be more understanding but with the photo mode, driving and cutscenes, they're clearly not going for that.

>and still couldn't make it at least half decen
Yeah dude, the 2015 GOTY was such a painful experience for people to actually play.

banned

Nah, watch Iwinski interview with Schreier, he didnt caved at all, and gave pretty good answers to many hard questions, also technically Mike isnt at helm, he is more focusing on Cyberpunk RED which will fill the gap between 2020 and 2077, but yeah, they are in contact, because they want to have consistency between 2020 - RED - 2077.

That person has probably already been banned.

holy fuck based, mike if you're reading this, keep up the good work.

and here's the reaction of actual Haitians to the demo

Attached: 1560460708448.jpg (876x870, 77K)

>I could be more understanding but with the photo mode, driving and cutscenes, they're clearly not going for that.
Except they are, otherwise they wouldn't spend all that time making diegetic user interfaces and making that dialogue system that clearly only works from a first person view. Allowing some wiggle room for cinematics and driving doesn't detract from that.

OUR MAN

Attached: 1560573050811.jpg (741x602, 92K)

>I'm just saddened a little that it's looking more like a GTA-style game
are you seriously taking the memes as fact? god you must be retarded.

UNCLE TOMS ALL OF THEM

At this point, the best I'm hoping for is either a mod or they add some sort of endgame reward like "You beat the game. You've unlocked third person perspective."
Because personally, at least right now, I'm not seeing much that NEEDS to be in FPS, or at the very least for there to be a better balance of options.
All this being said, it is a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, considering no one even has the game yet. It's just that I keep picturing the game in TPS and it feels much more atmospheric than an FPS could accomplish.

>nuDoom

There is shitload of games that got a lot of accolades and the combat in that was shit. Look at bamham series for example.

Trump is my people's greatest ally in this terrible world, of course I get angry when people insult him.

>white people are offended
>actual Haitians are excited

That makes me think...

Attached: 1510992981815.png (422x357, 161K)

this

Attached: 1560493947486.png (1080x915, 723K)

That clip makes me happy.

She's back :^)

Attached: 1572935725532.png (605x622, 90K)

Yeah sure, no one ever had fun with Batman combat, not like the game was specifically praised for that or anything.

Damn, why he age 20 years in 6?

Attached: screenshot-www.youtube.com-2019.06.16-13-45-53.png (409x324, 195K)

>Pondsmith has been seeing all your shitposts
I do think the game will be decent, but whoever is in charge of PR at CDPR needs to get fired.

Doesn't supeise me. The idea of Yea Forums is right up his alley.

Isometric 90's camera ala Pillars/Torment

The man went from his 50s to his 60s user.

>Pondsmith is the one who shills cybercuck here

I doubt CDPR even needs PR at this point.

Attached: 1560703619682.png (891x1065, 975K)

What a fucking snake.

>Allowing some wiggle room for cinematics and driving doesn't detract from that.
Not much but just enough that the immersive explanation loses me. For example, the Doom Eternal footage where Doomguy shoots himself from the BFG 10000 like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I don't like how at the very end it leaves FPS. Because it takes away from the intensity that Doomguy should have. The perspective should never leave FPS.
Conversations would be less intense in TPS, for example. But with small camera movements, close over the shoulder shots, you can keep the intensity.

Attached: 1560240435212.png (1000x1397, 1.17M)

>Make me relevant again!

>But with small camera movements, close over the shoulder shots, you can keep the intensity.
Nah, it wouldn't be the same.

Having a gun pointed in your face and watching a gun being pointed at your characters face creates two different sensations.

damn they missed the memo, they're supposed to be angry!

'member when the usual suspects screeched about Ugandan Knuckles while actual Ugandans loved it? Really makes you think.

It's a good movie but we are not living in mountains of garbage just yet.

/ourguy/

>"yikes"

Attached: tenor (2).gif (408x308, 1.3M)

She really got used to being given jobs and tons of money just by asking, huh?

Nice guy CDPR. Had never heard of this.

based

Why did you give your property to such a shitty dev?

[muffled 70s rock and black smoke in the distance]

Movies have made it work perfectly fine. Even better actually.
Think about it. In an FPS, a character points a gun at your head. So what? Hard to feel the suspense.
In a TPS, you can actually see your character express themselves.

>anit-

Attached: 1552251440511.jpg (540x405, 26K)

>My people.
You mean wagon circle trailer trash inbred "white" dog shit poor wrestlefags mad about their local coal mine being shut down?

Oh, Zion Don is nothing like you. He's a Jew supporting billionaire from New York who shouts what you idiots want to hear because he knows you prefer lies to solutions.

This always seems to be the case. I remember a story about how some network pulled Speedy Gonzales from the air because it was an offensive mexican stereotype and mexicans started complaining because they loved it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LxiLUEgN6vQ

>5 followers

How'd you even find this

>Movies have made it work perfectly fine. Even better actually.
I disagree, while there is tension it's fundamentally a different feeling when it's from your own viewpoint.

>a character points a gun at your head. So what?
I mean this is "my" head I feel pretty invested as it is

She basically acts like the Mafia.
>It'd be a shame if this pretty little store of yours would be vandalized. You don't want that to happen, do you?

Most likely /pol/

>acting like this will effect them the slightest bit
The best policy, which these retarded companies and marketers do not seem to grasp, is to completely ignore these outrage mongers and retards. Remember when they tried to cancel/censor Dragon's Crown because of the sorceress? Their bitching just got the game into the public eye and caused it to sell like 5-10x as many copies as they had originally anticipated.

Ahhhh, sorry sweetie but CDPR treats it's employees like dogshit, so this is obviously fake :)

He actively looked for it.

Fucking hell I haven't seen that show in decades. Where does the time go?

>begging for a job
I'd give her a job alright.

Attached: 1526157012070.png (600x600, 777K)

>Gee, Mike thanks for that valuable input but those additions would take more hours than we can spare so we're not even going to bother. Maybe in the DLC maybe in a sequel
Actually it's more like
>Ok Mike, we didn't look at it that way. We will try and implement those features, even if it may delay the release of the game (the release date we have yet to announce, pre-E3 2019)

Ruski_proofs_chicken.jpg

I have a hard time believing this story because everybody talks about CDPR as a hellhole who run on crunchtime and shit

FUCK OFF YOU TOOL!

The least racist boards.

you could've just said "sauce" you know
deviantart.com/vesner/journal/How-a-game-developer-saved-my-life-492992692

Attached: 1535400361137.jpg (300x300, 70K)

not to mention people who dont play games alot tend to have naive interpretations of "good" games. Similar to movies based on books, people are happy to see their work turned into something else but it doesn't mean its accurate or retains its identity.

>He says despite the character having already been shot 20 different times in the head during gameplay, or actually dying and respawning
But I guess that's just an issue with video game narrative in general.

Indeed, he even talks about how initially CDPR had gotten the aesthetics of the weapons wrong and he said something. The next time he came back they were all changed.