Pokemon is dead

We all knew this was going to happen eventually. Pokemon has been going downhill since BW2 and now we're finally seeing it die. I don't even care that much about the national dex, it's just the sheer lack of effort and creativity being put into Pokemon games.

Attached: NwUOnFROYBGQInG-800x450-noPad.jpg (800x450, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtnhJhMOg1E
youtube.com/watch?v=UiTa1Wey1NE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Since BW2
Make that BW1. The 5th generation was the start of a massive drop in quality and ambition

> PWT
> going downhill
You what?

By "since BW2", I meant that BW2 was the last good Pokemon game.

>Fair battles in online without overpored pokemon from past games
IMAGINE

Yeah and youre wrong

BW1/2 sucked

I got you. I just dont get why he mentioned that BW1>BW2 when BW2 was much better because of PWT.

The IP needs a reboot. Start fresh with 150 Pokemon that are originals. Overhaul world and update combat.

Nah, 5th gen was ass. The last good fully original Pokemon game (i.e. not a remake or expanded version) was Diamond and Pearl in 2004.

That's what they tried to do with Black and White minus the combat part and those were a hot smelly turd. The only way Pokemon will ever get better is if Nintendo buys out Gamefreak's share of the ip and develops the games internally

>oh man i saw an old character and i clapped!
>characters looking the same after 10 years? the whole mode being a battle tower cut in half? doesn't matter lmao old characters ftw!
On the other hand though if you fight them they have actual teams right from the start, not unevolved shitmons. This isn't incorporated even in the Subway or in any other game but BW2 and SM/USUM.

Diamond and Pearl were such boring fucking games that I have no idea how anyone could rate them with esteem. Gen 1 and 2 > 3 > 5 > the rest of this dumb shit.

This desu.
The 5th generation had the start of many bad trends that slowly killed pokemon.
And the worst of them was the idea that every generation needed to have an unique feature that would just be thrown away in the next generation

Sometimes i wonder if you people even played pokemon past gen 3
5 gen had some pretty neat ideas that were actually abandoned and never came back,there was no fucking trend
>And the worst of them was the idea that every generation needed to have an unique feature that would just be thrown away in the next generation
>gen 2 bug catch and day/week system
>gen 3 beauty contest

gen 4 still had beauty contests and secret bases you absolute brainlet
It also had weekly events and a much better post game then gen 5
gen5 completely removed all these side content and tried to add their new garbage gimmicks like rotation and triple battles instead on improving what was already there

I don't give a fuck who the characters are, an actually challenging tournament to compete in is something that should be in every mainline game at this point.

diamond pearl was peak ost

Yeah, probably.

I'd take a reboot from Nintendo.

gen 5 had the dance theater thingy,movie maker,and the shopping street,all optional and if you do decide to invest into it you are rewarded with many nice things,much much better than that retarded beauty contest/accessory bullshit

>new battle formats are now gimmicks
Keep going please, I want to read more retarded shit of KANTOOOOObabies.

Attached: popcorn time 2.gif (267x200, 366K)

Why cant people fucking just admit they like the idea of the Pokémon universe but not the games themselves at all.

I love Pokémon spin offs way more than Pokémon games. Fuck the mainlines

>garbage gimmicks
Did somebody say Pokéwood?

I like the games themselves.

What the fuck kind of logic is "I don't like thing, everyone else is clearly wrong, you should just admit like other thing"

does anybody has the list with all pkmns confirmed so far? somebody posted it the other day but i forgot to save it

>Pokemon has been going downhill since BW2

The moment they dropped sprites in favour of 3D models that moment was the kiss of death for the saga.
and pokemon go was the final nail in the coffin.

Sadly suckers will still buy the game despite every negative thing.

Attached: 1560405361202.jpg (800x640, 91K)

Daily reminder that Ash is a loser

I'm kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't done that. Even early on they must've seen the writing on the wall but instead they kept Gamefreak as this sort not quite first party but at the same time they don't do much without Nintendo's approval.

Didn't even see the trailed but I'm guessing that the game won't include all the pokemon.

A 3vs3 with 3 fights is anything but "challenging"

Yeah those modes were so popular they were kept in life support during gen 6 and completely dropped in gen 7.
And who could forget sky battles, truly the future of the series are in the new gimmick battle modes that will only last 1 gen or 2

>The moment they dropped sprites in favour of 3D models that moment was the kiss of death for the saga.
Realistically that was always going to happen. What game series survives nowadays on sprites alone? Not that I disagree but this change was inevitable. What truly sucks is that instead of good looking models, animations, the whole nine yards, we get pogo jumping models like a college student's Unreal demo.

The thing I hate the most is that GameFreak still directs Pokémon very clearly towards young children Why else would they shill some new OMG SUPER HYPER MEGA ULTRA POWER SHIT into each game only to replace them with another feature as soon as the next gen comes in?

The real question is why people keep parroting the Double Kick meme as if it's the only move in the game.

How would you fix the franchise?

Attached: IMG-2669.png (1200x1200, 56K)

fire everyone at gamefreak and hire some competent devs

The one with the guy using cut is also a popular webm to show. But of all devs in the world, Gamefreak is the last one that deserves defending for laziness. The astronomical amount of money Pokemon gets deserves more care. Lesser franchises with 1% of Pokemon's yearly profits put more care into their games.

Pokemon is dead. Long live Pokemon.

Attached: D8zVBy7UIAADHWy.jpg (773x773, 54K)

Based Gary.

Fucking hell you have an entire cryhole board to post to but you go here instead
Fucking kys pokefags

lmao you gay

I don't get it

Dont hold your breath, its a bit of a mouthful

The plebs that didn't recognize the near-perfection that was Gen V are directly responsible for the current state of pokemon.

Not op, but you just reminded me that vp exists. Thanks user, can't wait to see how they are coping.

How come Pokemon Stadium has better looking fights than most titles?

Pokémon has been going downhill since first generation you dumb fuck. You are 20 years too late.

Pokémon peaked in Gen 4/5

Go back to animated 2D sprites, make an optional "hard mode" where trainers will have more and stronger pokemon and use them better and where gym leaders will always have a full team, give "tools" that replace cut, surf, fly and such but don't make the character wear a fucking ugly and retarded outfit, a better story that isn't the classic "stop evil group of retards wanting to steal a legendary pokemon to do something really fucking stupid" a slightly more mature tone, better routes that aren't so linear, better designs stop that fucking bland and round toy-like appearance of recent pokemon.

>kantobaby doesn't even know what was and wasn't in gen6
Keep going.

Attached: unbelievable.gif (320x215, 1.95M)

I love Serena!

Attached: 1553800872262.jpg (1920x1080, 500K)

Pokemon dropped the "gotta catch em all" tagline in like gen 2 or 3.

cute everything

>Pokebabs crying about the Dex
>Won't matter to me since i dont buy the games and just play on showdown
Feels good to be a smogon chad :)

I understand but it just seems dumb to me to overuse always the same shitty things to make a point. Like the latest one is the Wingull flying one. They've shown other flying mons doing the same and they looked fine but no. Another thing that i hate is that apparently a flaw that is a constant is only a flaw if the latest game had it. GF is truly atrocious and doesn't deserve Pokemon(except for those that design the mons) and every game is lazier than the one before it, but even then defending issues "because game is older" never made any sense to me, because the game was also new at some point and at that point it had competition that made it shit itself in comparison

Put all the money into the good spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon & Pokken, and also use the money to make a Rumble game that doesn't have simplified toy models shaking around but has actual animated Pokemon models that you run through levels doing real-time combat with.

Attached: 1476771630827.jpg (276x268, 17K)

Because it didn't have an actual game and you like spending 15 minutes on a turn.

Gen 5 was the last good gen. It's been a large decline since then. Sword and Shield just looks bad

DS was peak Pokemon. D/P are very weak but Platinum showed a massive improvement, HGSS are the best overall remakes, and Gen 5 is great (BW1 are a soft reboot in a good way and BW2 being the only true sequel in the series actually has a bit more effort put into the story with some strong additions/changes to what BW1 set forth, not to mention both having fantastic animated sprites and slightly more dynamic battle music).

>gen 2
>recent
Are you dumb

>We all knew this was going to happen eventually
leaf green and fire red. with rom hacks

SDT

And they picked it back up full force in Gen 5 to make it the international slogan ever since.

they're profitable regardless. i guess they figured its best for gf to keep making pokemon game

tons of indie studios work with sprites
and since gamefreak is an "indie" studio..
if they don't want to fuckin' pay people to do shit.
then they should stick to the basics.

Ok, granted, pokemon has always had shit designs, just make them better, I forgot to add; always national pokedex, I don't care how you get the pokemon, if after you beat the game or by an online feature like the friend safari, just make them all catchable.

might as well just call yourself a furfag

Attached: 33b2sb.jpg (500x500, 47K)

They've stopped using the Gotta Catch 'em All slogan since gen three when they cut out half the pokemon.

no over-the-top-features, like z-Attacks or Dynamaxing anymore. Also screw triple battles and the rotating shit
include a optional hard mode from the beginning
either expanding of the Alolan-Form-feature or dropping it altogether. Same goes for Mega-Evolutions
make the game less linear. Not complete open world, but at least some freedom in exploring.
stop recycling the same 15 sample sheets for pokemon design. the three new starters don't look remotely original
make the game more challenging and inclusive outside of fights. Think about creative gym puzzles and interesting side missions with useful rewards (like a rare Pokémon or Item)
if necessary, enlarge the map and use more gyms. Let the level progress not stop at about L60
no endless cutscenes like in SM
Bring back Battle Frontier and PWT
Make the storyline overall more mature, but keep it light-hearted. Its not fucking Insurgence out here
Make your characters interesting, especially the rival and champ really lacked in recent games.
Basically, ask yourself, which changes worked and how you could expand on them instead of just dropping your old toys like a 3-year-old as soon as something bigger rolls around

>gen three when they cut out half the pokemon.
Why still lying?

Because a lot of attacks in GenVII do that sort of animation, and from the looks of it it's not gonna change in the new games.

Give Masuda the boot, stop shitting out a game a year, and have GF stop pretending they're a small company with a niche I.P.

Game Freak probably just refuses to sell.

What else are they gonna do if they lose their cash cow? Go back to Harmoknight, Pulse Man or Tembo? Nah they're riding this gravy train straight into the ground if they have to.

Given the fact we're going to be approaching the realistic possibility that Showdown will have more features than Sword and Shield, I wouldn't be surprised if GF actually got around to filing a C&D this time.

I think BW2 was pretty good but BW1 were dissapointing.

I also think XY was very good when it came out, brought some cool stuff to the table, but ultimately, it was still one step forward and two back, had no post-game, as always, ORAS shat the bed, though.

>Western meme marketing slogan
Stop posting this retarded image. Japan never cared about catching em all.

I fully agree.

If GF were to give each of the pokemon that made it in some more life? Sure this would be a good thing. BUt it's GF, they ain't doing shit but being lazy.
What happened to the whole "Futureproof" argument?

I don't mind less pokemon, maybe it will give me a good reason to use other, find new bros and what not, but you know they won't make them more alive. So why?

>Lesser franchises with 1% of Pokemon's yearly profits put more care into their games

Attached: crying jibanyan.gif (320x162, 546K)

Yokai watch games are truly soulfull, specially 3.

>I don't mind less pokemon, maybe it will give me a good reason to use other, find new bros and what not

This is the point I think, a lot of Pokemon have literally never seen serious use because there's zero reason to use them in a game with 800+ Pokemon. Like maybe they want to give Luxray a chance so one gen Luxray might be the best Electric Pokemon for whatever reason. But there's no excuse for outright not programming the mons in, just make a legacy mode like what Magic has for people that don't want to play the seasonal or whatever.

I think their best solution would be, keep these smaller stuff in more isolated groups, so less pokemon but a bit higher quality, but then every so often go all out with a big BOTW type of leap. Something that truly goes all out.
As it is, it just seems like they have no real interest in quality or experimenting. It's a machine and nothing else. Might as well develop a program that auto-generates new pokemon at this point. If there's no care put into it, why bother pretending.

Rise up Digimonchads

Diamond and pearl are horrible

The Stall Squad's still in the game.
Tyranitar's still in the game.
Mimikyu's still in the game.

>Pokemon OPs suddenly dip after Gen 3
Why?

?

Give it to monolithsoft.

Also murder matsuda.

Same graphics as DQ, Zelda IPs
All gym fights have their level capped at 50, the same with the player. And you can do them in any order
Eggs hatch with time, stop with the bike simulator
Side quests

I would kill for a "harder" mode where the Gym leaders use more than just 3 pokemon.

Soul: youtube.com/watch?v=UtnhJhMOg1E
Souless: youtube.com/watch?v=UiTa1Wey1NE

Thanks Gary.

Blame gachas

You think that's souless?
Have you watched the opening for Sun and Moon?

Gacha don't magically make mainline games look like some half arsed garbage.

Beginning from the fact that the english OP are generally soulless to begin with except a few, the second one tries to be the same song worldwide except Japan, the first is generic "yeah this cartoon is more hardcore than you think". And even then if i have to choose the first DP english OP is still much, much better than what you posted.

Gachas are the chadest game genre there is, fagget.

Good to see pokemon finally making a single good game.

Attached: 1558322738428.jpg (888x1024, 78K)

Show this to the devs at GameFreak so they know we aren't buying their bullshit anymore and they should either make games like other triple A companies or just pawn the rights to someone else.

Attached: 1560527296410.png (1864x3168, 2.77M)

What were you expecting graphics-wise? Colisseum 3/Battle Revolution? Breath of the Wild Pokémon Edition?

BW2 were the best in the series and the last good pokemon games. Eat shit, tasteless nigger.

I don't know why people bitch and moan about the models when they are perfectly fine and just need new textures and a good lighting system.

Shit is last thing that everyone need worry about.

Attached: why pokemon lag like a bitch.png (524x467, 68K)

YOU
ARE
GOING
TO
BUY
IT
ANYWAY

Shame I dropped the series when BW 1 was a big step down in both the story (which while original, was utter shit on some next level) and world design (fuck themeparks with no actual exploration feeling).

Even though I like a lot of the new pokemon from the gen, outright replacing all old pokemon with obvious new stands ins was the insult on the top of the shit game. I never bought a pokemon game again.

Yes, you shit eater.

GF can't pull a handheld excuse anymore. They are working on a console game, they should had done something on par of expectations.

Attached: 1451881685129.png (386x263, 48K)

People like you are why the series is where it is.

Take it away from gamefreak.
Literally any other developer - even fucking bethesda - would do a better job with the Pokemon franchise.

>because you didn't buy shit and stale games they stopped trying later
What a cope f a m

Gamefreak was always shit, they didn't have any new ideas since gen3 when it started declining and Matsuda can go fuck himself. Rethink your life because as you are now, you deserve to be hanged.

>D/P are very weak
Not really. D/P are among the best base pair of games in the series.

This
People still bitching about this shit are retards who like drama, the games will sell almost 20m units, if you don't like this shit just don't buy it you still are going to buy it anyways

Attached: D8yyVRKUwAAvN4-.jpg large.jpg (1707x960, 431K)

>What did you expect from them making absurd amounts of money, quality?

>muh pwt
Either zoomer or overly autistic. That guy is right, gen 5 sucked because that's where the "le heavy story" approach meme started.
Pokemon peaked at HGSS and maybe Platinum.

Give the franchise to literally any other developer

>That guy is right, gen 5 sucked because that's where the "le heavy story" approach meme started
A lot of hardcore "competitive" players which dot the fanbase here have an utterly skewered perspective on what pokemon is about for most people.

We want to run around the world with our pokemon. Beyond the story, gen3 & 4 dotted the world with semi-realistic landmasses and big (for their time) routes, especially with lots of HM use and complex caves.
Gen5 started with meme "big 3D bridge route" and various gimmicks. It was no longer fun to explore.

So you have a terrible and overly long story and a shit overworld. But then you see not-pidgey and not-hitmonchan and not-someoldpokemon and it's the last slap in the face. B&W were literally designed by a moron to repel people who like pokemon.

Hey doofus, BW 1/2 didn't have even a fraction of the "heavy story" nonsense that's present in X?Y & SuMo. Yes, it is more story focused than DPPt but it doesn't shove it down your throat in the way that the later games do. The amount of cutscenes and the number of times control is taken away from the player are minimal, and the engine is fast enough so that you can skip through it very fast if you don't care about it, unlike the 3DS games, which proceed at the slowest pace possible.
>Pokemon peaked at HGSS
Yeah I love not having access to certain gen 2 pokemon and evolutionary stones until postgame
and having the most stale, limited selection of pokemon possible
and the ridiculous level spike by the end of Johto
and its slow ass engine
HGSS niggers constantly go on about MUH POSTGAME but a kino postgame is brought down by a rather middling main game.

So what, do you just expect every single game to come with every single Pokemon?
What when the franchise hits 1500 Pokemon? 2000? 2500?
You really think it's just that simple?

>20m
Retard, the best selling switch game after 2 years is Mario Kart with 17M, and there are only 35M consoles sold. Pokemon will probably sell 10M at best like lgpe

>it's not as bad in later games so it's not bad
Is your post satire or are you 12 years old?

Considering that Gamefreak is not a small indie studio, and are developing the single most profitable media franchise ever? Yes.
I know it's hard for you to believe, but some people actually have a standard of quality and don't make excuses for outright laziness.

Reminder that /g/ has Pokemon threads laughing at Gamefreak for being worse than Bethesda at programming.

>laziness
There's that word again.

The franchise is badly saturated with a lot shitmons nobody cares about. There's nothing wrong with trimming the fluff.

>oooh my god they cut Patrat! Such an iconic and beloved Pokemon! nooooo

Funny how you tards always bring gf when it's not even them modeling and animating them but creatures. It's almost, ALMOST as if you know next to nothing about the very thing you so adamantly try to defend.

Attached: kk.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

Not him but then why people always attack GF for the models and animations if it's not them doing it?

10M because it was a spinoff. This will sell 15M minimum.

>The franchise is badly saturated with a lot of shitmons nobody cares about
But they brought back shitmons that no one cares about like the ice cream cones and Diggersby

based Gachad

>old meta meme teams will be replace by new meta meme teams
>T-Tar and other common bois are still here

Attached: 1240501864170.jpg (180x136, 11K)

name one battle gimmick that wasn't shit besides Doubles

I'll wait

the last good gen was 3 my dude

>sadly suckers will buy it

not in moonland they've been sick of Masuda pandering to burgers and Omohri's half baked narratives for years now. There was a reason why Yokai took off over there and not here. Moons got sick of pokemon and moved on to other games. Burgers and Genwunners kept the series profitable and Go was the excuse to start pandering to the west because they haven't rebelled against the teams bullshit yet.

No Nat Dex might finally be the last nail for a lot of casuals and hardcores alike though.You don't mess with the casuals. Casuals hated the original Black and White and almost bombed the series in clapistan.

>discover that the lack of national dex means I can't get all the Pokemon
>sit crying in my room
>turn on the TV
>the news is on
>Gary Motherfucking Oak still managed to catch them all

>The plebs that didn't recognize the near-perfection that was Gen V

NEW BAD OLD GOOD

yeah on the secondary market used.

I am not granting a single earned dime in Masuda's pocket. Instead I'll wait for someone to get bored or pissed about the changes and just get it off of them.

It unironically won't. LGPE has hype for it going for 2 things: first game on a home console that isn't a stadium style and KANTOOOOOO in 3D graphics.
It was already made in mind for nostalgia fags and Go audience. Game itself boosted switch sales too.

SwSh has NOTHING going for it. Take in the fact that every poke autist and normalfag is now aware of the pokedex fiasco, to the point of causing a shitstorm across all social media in all languages, and let's not forget that the game itself looks like HORSESHIT with gamefreak putting more effort in their other current projects, I'm expecting the game to not sell more than 8mil at this point.

>using route 1 mons when bringing up the defense of cutting mons
>ignoring legitimate mons like Scizor, Mamoswine, Magnezone, Volcarova, Heracross, Gliscor, Garchomp, Skarmory....

I could go on for literally dozens of lines user. Not every pokemon you don't like is a shitmon.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT BURGER MAKE UP MOST FO THE SALES FOR LGPE

>moonland only sold 1.3 million copies for both versions
>burgerland sold 5 mil for both

can we bring back satoshi and fire masuda

Attached: 3713_ThinkStarbucks.png (128x128, 24K)

Satoshi is still there as the CEO. He just doesn't do press tours. The latest photo of him is from 2008 or so.

Pool as much resources on Yea Forums and /vp/ as possible to request yakuza to take out masuda and install a dummy jap that can be controlled to our bidding and contract out for kickbacks to yakuza for connections to make it happen. We played enough yakuza to know all we need is some pure blood jap to get fairly big and a nice back tattoo and win enough fights against burly looking guys in back alleys to give us an insider to make the above yakuza plan work.

Attached: the weebs know shut it down.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Also has satoshi commented about the nation dex thing?

They might as well move to california now like snoy at this point.

>want to play Emerald
>can't decide on a starter

get fucked, the underground was FREE FOSSILS

How do we know he's alive? Maybe Masuda killed him and stuffed him in the Pickachu closet that I'm sure they have. It's a damn conspiracy I tell you.

Box them, pick Poochyena.

treecko because grass weak asf and pokemon games are easy as fuck

This. People overrate 5 way too much especially considering how little it expanded on the formula
>gen 2 adds baby pokemon
>gen 3 adds Phys/Spec differentiation
>gen 4 adds evolutions for gen 2 pokemon which was great for HGSS
Theres probably more that i can list but it completely changed the way people played the games.

If I'm the type of person who only really catches and uses new Pokemon, do I have anything to be butthurt about?

Everything just seems like an improvement.