He plays on easy/normal mode

>he plays on easy/normal mode

Is there any reason not to be a hardmode chad, Yea Forums?

Attached: b2dc19445a713f1f3f0425b7ed909feb.jpg (484x574, 35K)

that’s a p good facepaint job

>game requires you to finish on easy/normal mode to unlock hard mode

Normal is always the best bet because hard and above isn't usually balanced properly.

If the hard mode only increases enemy health

Attached: tenor.gif (240x180, 1.95M)

I don't like when a game has different difficulty settings personally

Depends on what type of experience you are looking for and if you are an experienced gamer or not.

I know some people get this pride and accomplishment from beating tough games but frankly games are an interactive experience that's only value is in what you set in it.

If you want to dick around with cheat codes in GTA or whatever that's fine too.

>Game awards you with embarrassing achievements for playing and finishing on the easiest mode

Attached: cvbcvxcvxvxcv.png (958x169, 32K)

>higher "difficulty" is just that enemies are more damage sponges and you take more damage
Give me more aggressive AI or SOMETHING without neutering my own damage or fuck off

being born in 2000 or later, aka the retarded generation with attention deficit disorder, needing handouts and participation trophies

Developers should design Hard first and make Normal/Easy/Very Hard/[cool hardest difficulty name] variations on it, such as adding/removing enemies from encounters and adding/removing actions from boss patterns. Designing Normal first when you only have one easier difficulty but multiple harder ones is a misstep in game design.

Attached: 1558880442491.jpg (720x888, 334K)

it's all about balance.

There's usually no reason to play on hard mode. there's some exceptions like in everything, but meh often the games are worse on hard.
I assume that most times the game is developed "normal" in mind. so stuff like easy and hard are more like an afterthought.

Divinity Dragon Commander says hi.

Dragon Commander is a strategy/RTS/action/VN hybrid that somehow made the VN parts the most engaging and fun, so it's an exception over the norm. Shitting on enemy forces as a dragon is a lot of fun before it gets repetitive though.

I assume that normal is the difficulty the game was designed around.
Unless, of course, higher difficulties mean an actual change in how to approach problems not just making things more bullet sponge-y

When you beat a difficult game it goes from Game to New Game+. Normal is fine on your first play through, Hard mode is there if you liked the game. If you don't really like the game normal mode will help you get through it quicker, if you had picked hard you might give up on it.

Plenty of games require mastery to actually get through and are campaign styled. Something like Frostpunk is basically impossible to get through until you know the ins and outs

I think DMC5 did this in an interesting way. You start the game with Human and Devil Hunter. Devil Hunter seems like how the game was designed initially, with Human being a version where you do much more damage to make it easier. Then, however, you unlock Son of Sparda, and that seems more like the intended difficulty from a gameplay perspective. Devil Hunter spaced out its enemy placement with cutscene introductions across the first 2/3rds of the game, while SoS has lategame enemies appear even in the Prologue, but still doesn't bombard you with the most difficult enemy encounters immediately, and it also gives bosses a little more oomph to them. On top of that, DMD changes up some enemy encounters further to be even harder on top of all enemies having Devil Trigger, with DT'd bosses sometimes having new attacks. Then you get Heaven & Hell which is basically an "everything dies in one hit, including you" victory lap based on SoS, and then Hell & Hell which is "Fuck you, you get instakilled but the enemies don't" which has DMD enemies minus them being able to DT.

the reason is that it's the normal difficulty setting where game mechanics are necessary and the game is actually fun and challenging.
Normal is just casual mode for kids and non-gamers.

you assume wrong.

Some hard modes are just tedious and I don't really feel like I have anything to prove, but I mostly play hard anyway.

>being forced to play on certain difficulties because people on the internet said so

Attached: Cat2.jpg (328x358, 51K)

There's really no reason to be bad at video games unless you're disabled
Thus it follows that being bad at video games should be considered evidence of being disabled

depends on the game.
certain games like cover based third person shooters are fucking miserable on hard, since you're forced to stay in cover for the majority of the combat.

I usually play on normal first and then play it on hard/ very hard if I like it.

>tfw bethesda actually did difficulty right with their survival mode in fallout 4 by making EVERYONE have less hp

Play better games.
A lot of games make hard mode several times more difficult or downright impossible without know exact exploits or right instances.

'being bad at games' is rather vague.
are people still 'bad at games' if they complete the game, but on a different setting compared to you?
surely that's just sour grapes from you.

>sour grapes
I don't think you know the meaning of that expression
Also, bad can determined as can't complete it in any and every difficulty

How many games are there like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where the lower difficulties actually get harder?

There aren't many games that do difficulty the same way, which is a shame because i think 'everyone is fragile and bullets are dangerous' is a proper 'hard mode'

cool nostalgia critic cosplay

>you need to complete every game 4 million times to not be bad at games
lol

Attached: lol.jpg (328x281, 79K)

haven't played dmc5 yet, but in the previous entries the games are fast to playthrough. maybe like ~5 hours if you don't know what you're doing. probably ~3h on the second playthrough.
just my opinion but shorter games have more replay value for me, so that automatically makes me want to go for the higher difficulty level. if this makes any sense overall.

imagine caring this much about videogames lmao

because sometimes i want to play games and be happy

not extra mad

yes, when you're playing a game in a genre that is unfamiliar to you.

I agree. I'd rather have a shorter game I can replay in new ways (different enemies or different abilities or both) than one long game without replay value, especially one with padding.

>ultra hard mode is locked forcing you to play the game twice
This gets to me so fucking much. I already pick the hardest mode just don't make me play the game all over again for a trophy. This shit made me hate some really good games.

chads don't play on hardmode, they wouldn't want to waste more time than necessary on a video game

>fast-paced game
>highest difficulty
>have to go super slow and any enjoyment is removed
thanks

>highest difficulty just removes ressources or makes them more scarce
Fuck no and fuck people that think that is fun.

>Game makes you unlock difficulties by beating earlier difficulties
>BUT you can unlock them in quick succession by defeating the early-game boss you're supposed to lose to and getting the alternate ending

Attached: 1531494087465.png (630x581, 660K)

>He plays on iron man and still hits alt+f4 every time something goes wrong

Attached: wut2.jpg (137x176, 4K)

No, if you can beat it on the hardest you can obviously also beat it on anything easier, retard
This is why I'm convinced all you easy mode scrubs are disabled

Name 3 and a half games.

Devil May Cry 5
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden Sigma