Dead Space is the best horror game ever made

Dead Space is the best horror game ever made

Attached: 74206586885.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/840-dead-space-mouse-fix/
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that would be Silent Hill 2

Attached: 1558929678198.png (500x300, 46K)

Did he actually tweet this? Fucking weirdo

yes
only thing good about sh2 is its sound effects and ost.

Dead Space is the best MetroidVania.

Silent Hill 2 m8.

Dead space is pretty legit though, i'd put it in the top 5. Havnt played the the sequels, but ive heard Dead Space 2 is really good

ds2 is inferior to 1 because of a number of reasons. it has a few good new enemies though and a very nice visual design (although still inferior to 1, but how can you top perfection)

sh2 is bait.

No game that lets you kill the monster is truly horror.
Startling, perhaps, scary even, but never truly horrifying.

>"cut off their limbs" written in blood
Woah, scary

Attached: Le Petit Mort puppet.gif (360x270, 2.72M)

I don't know about the best horror game ever made, but it was the last good one. Game designers think that unkillable monsters stalking you around is what makes a good horror game now.

Not the best but FF2 and 3 are up there.

Attached: 640full-mio-amakura.jpg (640x480, 22K)

Hide and seek simulators are fucking shit and killed the horror genre

Wrong. Knowing that the enemy is unkillable removes your fear. You surrender to your fate because you can't change it. Oh what's that, I need to run to that cover over there? Might as well, there's literally nothing else I can do and I shouldn't even bother trying

Attached: packshot-59b10b434d07bedd3a8ee68c035fb4b0.jpg (400x570, 60K)

I found it particularly scary that just shooting the monster wasnt enough, you needed to sever the limbs, so that made it a bit more tense, seeing it come closer and closer and missing some shots (and you dont get much ammo as it is)

SH2 is overrated.

>Oh shit, I'm bleeding to death. Better take some time to write this helpful message in case somebody comes along and sees it later.

hoel

Not scary in the least and is a clusterfuck of ideas but I fucking loved it. Had perfect amount of challenge.

Attached: 2670662-insidewrap-03-1024-11.jpg (473x686, 111K)

pretty much correct, well done user.

Dead Space 2 is more action-oriented than the first game. It’s still good. But I would consider the first to be a horror game, the second to be an action gore game, and the third to be an action game that should just be skipped. Although the dlc for 3 was way more horror oriented iirc and it was actually decent.

They also made the main character a talking character in 2 onward which took away from the atmosphere.

Guys I think i figured it out! You have to CUT the LIMBS! Forget shooting them in the head! It's the LIMBS man! LIMBS are their weakness! Grab a SAW or a CUTTER and CUT their LIMBS. WAIT! I heard something in vents! I'm going to investigate! Remember what I sayed about the LIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHhhh

What a top lad

the best
soma, evil within, outlast, layers of fear, and penumbra series get special shoutouts

Don't the creatures in dead space completely rip people apart? how did he stay a live long enough to do this? Did the monsters write it?

Too bad it can't decide on what it is. It goes from a decent survival horror to full on action shooter bombarding you with enemies towards the middle of the game.

Attached: 1560660386180m.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

Just like turn your brain off, bro

>hasn't played alien: isolation
user...

So it was pretty much the MGS of horror games?

What do you mean? Do you think that hide and seek games like Outlast are better horror games?
I disagree if it is so.

>Told to you by a character
>Shown through tutorial prompt
>Written in blood
>Told through audio log
You scared yet?

couldnt finish, quith alfway true, also the gameplay bored me a bit, sadly. But PERFECT texturework, great writing, perfect technology. But gameplay 5/10. Crouching simulator: the game.

How do I fix the PC version? Controls are still shitty after the mouse fix, and even though I enabled AA via NvidiaInspector it still looks like shit. I remember everything working very well when I played it two years ago, but it no longer works.

Boring hide and seek simulator that drags on for waaaaaaaaay too long

disable ingame vsync and force it through nvidia control pannel
use mouse fix mod
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/840-dead-space-mouse-fix/

>play dead space
>run through repetitive epic space man corridors
>shoot aliens in leg instead of head lmao
>shitty keyboard input
>shitty controller support
>feel i've been playing for 20 hours and all the environments are identical
>look up how far i am and how long left to go
>i was barely 6 hours in to a 12 hour game
fffffffffffffffffucking boring and overrated

played silent hill 2 the other week, it wasn't as good as i was told all these years, but it was enjoyable enough to get to the end and had comfy environments

neither games were scary though. "horror" barely applies

>playing mouse kb when leading platform was console and their input method
game's made to be played bya controller. ylu artificially lower difficulty by using mouse anyway. DONT play it with a mouse. Play it on a huge tv screen with speakers blaring and no socks on in pitch dark anyway.

Dead Space is a third-person shooter

Nice reading comprehension faggot

The mouse fix works quite well. You have to remember that Dead Space uses tank controls so movement will always feel somewhat clunky (which adds to the horror charm), but aiming works perfectly with the mouse fix.

I liked that. It throws you through a gauntlet of enemies and you have to be quick-witted and resourceful. Chapter 6 and 11 really throws you into the meat grinder. Many of them have annoying gimmicks though.

Attached: 4fdfc411dcd2ddd7e24ed265ba30c4597b25fe7a_hq.jpg (540x644, 65K)

>consolefags mad that mice allow greater control and want PC chads to stoop to their level

cope lmao

Cringe

Or noise cancelling headphones. Because that also fucks you up family to be honest

Have you played alien: isolation?

>derelict spacecraft setting
>full of stalking alien abominations and evil cultists
>you're just looking for your gf

I wish I could erase Dead Space 2 and 3 from my mind and live in doubt about what really happened after the end of 1.

Dead Space 1/2 is definitely one of my top 5 games.I really love this series and how lovingly crafted it is. The hell with EA for ruining this passionate studio.

There's a cool new interview with the Dead Space producer.
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8

THIS

one of the worst modern horror games ever. It is just boring always to hide and wait.

Later in the game everything turns into an annoyance rather than a threat

I love Dead Space but I don't know if I'd call it the best horror game, simply because I get scared very easily but was never scared during the game

Yes yes nice zoomer answers, however.

Attached: 220px-Siren_art_box.jpg (220x311, 27K)

>jumpscare: the game

Attached: 1455264863385.jpg (306x306, 20K)

this game is the epitome of trial and error, I love it

>how to make it obvious you haven't played the game in 0.5 seconds

He cut off their limbs

The dismemberment in RE2make is inspired by Dead Space. Dead Space is inpired by Resident Evil and... Event Horizon.
It's nice how game directors inspire each other.

...said literally no one born after the 1980s, ever.

Isn't the plot of Dead Space literally exactly the same as System Shock 2?

>RE4 is not a horror game
>dead space copies RE4 gameplay exactly
>dEaD sPaCe Is ThE bEsT hOrRoR gAmE

No though there are similarities. Dead Space was originally meant to be System Shock 3 until RE4 came out and then they changed direction.

>walk down a corridor
>suddenly some monster appears
>repeat it till the end of the game
actually it's
>corridor jumpscare: the game

Attached: i've wasted my time doing worse things.png (576x202, 96K)

seriously though, how the fuck did that guy have enough blood and energy to write down that whole thing?

Do you even have sound on? The game has very clear sound cues for every situation.
DS probably has the best sound design compared to other games.

The question is: How did he get on the table?

this: DS2 was more action-orientated than DS1, but was still good. Especially the first 2/3rd of the game, where you are still checking vents in-case a shithead pops out. DS3 was a full TPS and should be skipped entirely.

I can't find a game scary when it's obvious some shitty monster will show up if I walk down a path. And with DS it's like that every fucking time.

You don't sincerely believe this, do you user?
If you want to talk about DS just make a DS thread instead of baiting.

depends. DS1 was successful in its horror element precisely because you can kill enemies. It gives you perfect control over the character and the ability to finish any kind of enemy off, but the fear of being completely swarmed and fuck up because of a few missed shots is still there, so the players dont get complacent

maybe because i didnt find the alien really that scary, but the whole game was just a chore to me, and getting stalked by the alien wasnt that scary

Go back to reading your shitty Lovecraft fiction.

>suddenly
i think that you have a spacial awareness of a child. You can literally predict where enemies will come from just by listening and looking where the vents are. Every single time

Too much action for it to be truly scary.

Fatal Frame 2 & 3 is god-tier, or rather, it's above god-tier.