Is it safe to say that he's the next banjo?

is it safe to say that he's the next banjo?

Attached: 1380367476170.jpg (440x330, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TaM2FTwcY30
youtube.com/watch?v=l-h4-D9zko8
raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Polokus
youtube.com/watch?v=ck14LKBI9GM
unseen64.net/2015/09/21/tonic-adventure-tonic-trouble-2-cancelled-concept/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, Rayman isn't nearly as beloved.

He doesn't have anything to do with nintendo

Attached: 43c.jpg (387x460, 23K)

Yeah

Who else should be add more than him?
Brainlet

>Dude he wore a Mario costume once
>In the game Ubisoft was gonna make exclusive, but massively fucked over Nintendo on
Lol

All Rayman has is a bunch of almost-brushes with Nintendo that never amounted to anything and multiplat releases. He's not a bad inclusion, but he's by no means missing from the roster. Banjo and Kazooie were literally long lost Nintendo characters

Its Rayman and Crash or Crash and Goku

>still making these arguments after joker

I fucking love Rayman 2. I would have sex with that game.

I wish, Raymanbro, but I lost hope long time ago.

I agree with this dude

I never said he couldn't or shouldn't get in. He's just not a never ever or the new Banjo or whatever queer shit you're trying to push.

You can't just replace Banjo and Kazooie in Smash speculation simply because your character of choice is also a mascot platformer.

There ARE NO NEW NEVER EVERS.
The fanbase isnt going to rally around your character just because you compare them to the reptilebros or Banjo. Those characters had massive demand rallied around them because they are either main villains of major Nintendo series or long lost Nintendo icons. It happened organically, because there was reason for people to want those characters especially bad.

Rayman has next to nothing to do with Nintendo, the fans will never organically rally around him and treat him like a necessity. He could be a fun inclusion, but he isn't the next Banjo

Every rayman game ever ended up on a nintendo console. Ubisoft and Nintendo have always been buddy-buddy which is rare for a western publisher. Ubisoft supported tendo on the launch on the wii U with exclusives, even rayman legends was supposed to be a wii U exclusive. Ubisoft made a crossover that was a switch exclusive with characters from Rayman. On the other hand when you look at BK it's literally 2 games in 1998 and 2000 and then nothing for nearly 20 years. Not that BK doesn't deserve in or anything, but Rayman is totally a missing part of the roster.

He's definitely the Banjo of Europe/France.

is rayman one of the few exceptions where the 3d games have much more soul than the 2d ones?

Attached: foster.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

>No new Rayman at E3

Attached: 1493593809231.png (345x283, 5K)

>A bunch of multiplats and an almost exclusive
Wow it's fucking nothing

He's not a bad inclusion but he's by no means missing from a Nintendo crossover if he doesn't get in.

>B-But Banjo only has 2 games!
Yes and during that time he was partly owned by Nintendo and those releases were cornerstones of the N64 library that went toe to toe with Mario, Link, and DK. For a generation of Nintendo fans Banjo and Kazooie are as integral to the lineup as Donkey Kong and Mario.

It's not about quantity or Rayman would be in and Banjo wouldn't.

Do you mean he won't have a game for more than 11 years?

Don't talk shit about Rayman on the gameboy advance Rayman origins and legend were good too

Attached: Foret1PC.png (316x200, 42K)

Rayman in general is peak soul.

Rayman is much bigger in the Europe/France than he is anywhere else and its quite sad. I dont get it why dont Americans and Japs like our Limbless hero?

Attached: IMG_20190612_214056.png (900x797, 84K)

Oh I though it was "that" thread judging by op image

>He had the misfortune of playing Rayman 1 on the GBA
Oh my god, I'm so sorry

Because he looks retarded, what a shitty design

I really want him in. With Nintendo and Ubisoft blowing each other at this point, it would make sense.

t. Mascot on a box of cereals

Rayman has always been a low tier also ran series

It's the Faygo of platformers

Bomberman or bust

youtube.com/watch?v=TaM2FTwcY30

Attached: He's gonna get you.jpg (480x360, 19K)

yeah its pretty sad that there isnt more interest, i would love a rayman 4. hes just too pure for them.

Attached: guys.jpg (761x563, 60K)

>Gayman
No thanks

I just don't see what his moveset would be. Rayman has plenty of moveset potential. Bomberman? He... lays bombs and throws them?

I've only played Origins, Legends and Mario Rabbids but it's a pretty fun series

Dude, do yourself a favor and play the PSX version
Please

Rayman 4 is going to happen, but it'll take awhile
People probably just don't think much of him because they know Ubisoft for games like Ass Creed instead

Attached: WaVKeDP.png (926x617, 817K)

The problem with Rayman is that it's never had an autistic fanbase, and it's never truly been platform exclusive. Oh certainly, the games, especially The Great Escape, have their fair share of fans, but never on the autistic level that games like Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie fostered.

The exclusivity part is often very important, console owners, especially children, will see these characters as representatives of their console, their decision to choose and stick with a platform, the money they got their parents to dole out. They become their heroes, like Crash, Sonic, and Mario. You only to look at the extremely bitterness and resentment Banjo Kazooie fanboys feel to this very day over Microsofts acquisition. A good portion of them don't even want to acknowledge the fact that the Banjo games are available now on Xbox, the grudge they hold is just too heavy, they'd rather wait for the tenuous possibility that they might come to Switch instead. They'd rather Microsoft would just sell the IP back, so Nintendo could never use it again too.

Rayman 2 came out on every platform of its generation and then some. The need to pit it up against other platformer mascots thus never developed, everyone just quietly agreed it was a good game and moved on. The only time any sort of rancour formed against the character was with the Wii U Legends exclusivity controversy, where it could actually be noted that certain Nintendo fans felt somewhat aggrieved that a potential exclusive had been lost, (it's worth remembering just how arid the landscape was for Wii U exclusives were then, and just how desperate Nintendo fanboys were to put anything vaguely exclusive on a shining silver pedestal).

Rayman would be excellent in Smash, but I don't really see it ever being popular in polls or fan discussion, because it just doesn't have the autistic, japanese, or platform warrior factor.

You don't get it. Ubisoft and tendo have been on such a close partnership that Ubi made exclusives for a failing console for basically nothing in return, and tendo allowed Ubi to make a crossover game with their main franchise, something that they never did with a western developer until Cadence of hyrule. Essentially, Rayman never had an infidelity with Nintendo, ever. On the other hand BK were owned by Microsoft for years and didn't have anything on a nintendo console for the same amount of years. It's not about quantity, it's about consistency. Ubisoft is the only ally that Nintendo has in the west and that's because the guys at Ubi themselves are huge nintendofags who make bad business decisions for the sake of nintendo (like making an exclusive for the Wii U on Nintendo's demand). At the very least, the side of Ubisoft that makes the Rayman games is very fond of Nintendo for sure. Let's say that BK is Nintendo's kid that they lost in a divorce and were finally able to see after 20 years, and Rayman is Nintendo's friend that has been supporting them all this time.

>Bomberman? He... lays bombs and throws them?
This statement alone makes it so hard to be a Bomberman supporter. I wish people could understand the sheer utility he can do with bombs.
Chaining bombs would be the funnest thing ever, not to mention including the bomb-related physics from 64 is just icing on the cake (so long you pump to increase their size). Imagine using them as platforms, or bouncing bombs/items off of them for potential jank plays.
Or maybe a passive where opponents drop power-ups whenever they take a massive hit or something.

Attached: Suicide Bomber.jpg (389x400, 25K)

t. hasn't played Bomberman

>You don't get it
You are the one who doesn't get it.
Business partnerships don't make a character feel like a necessity in a Nintendo crossover.

Rayman has never ever had a strong presence on Nintendo.

>and Rayman is Nintendo's friend that has been supporting them all this time.
But Rayman literally isn't. Ubisoft maybe, but Rayman himself has done fuck all on/with Nintendo.

Zoomers like you deserve death

I do like him and all but I dont see it Banjo was always a highly requested character Rayman is more like a "hmmm nice character" akin to adding Ken to smash

Attached: 1470158358634s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Me too, user. Rayman 2 is kino/ludo. 3 was ok. It's only a matter of time until we get another 3D Rayman.

>"Rayman has never ever had a strong presence on Nintendo."
This statement is factually incorrect.

Zoomers are literally the only ones that could possibly think that Rayman is strongly associated with Nintendo.

>not posting the webm

Attached: Rayman02_04.webm (615x311, 31K)

>Rayman has never ever had a strong presence on Nintendo

He has been here since the GBC/N64 era.

>Rayman Raving Rabbids
>Rayman has never ever had a strong presence on Nintendo
Lmao ok

Attached: 1536881565989.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>Rayman Raving Rabbids
>Rayman
???

Thats true, most of the Rabbids games Nintendo exclusive, especially the first few with Rayman

Yeah you may not like them, but they're Rayman spin-offs that exists thanks to Rayman and sold like hotcakes. Spin-off that had a crossover with fucking Mario.

I wouldn't say that "Rayman has never ever had a strong presence on Nintendo"

Just ignore him, he's clearly a fagoot zoom zoom

>Spin-off that had a crossover with fucking Mario.
Which Rayman isn’t even in, just as you can barely say he’s in the other Rabbid games.

>no spam of OPs pic
do i blame summer or E3

Attached: rayman.png (796x779, 70K)

E3 since Ubisoft didn't even bother mentioning the passing of the Rayman 1 composer

fair enough

Attached: 1560253672652.png (354x574, 161K)

>neither Rayman nor rabbids were even on the Ubisoft conference at all
Not looking too good.

based

Can't he just be next? Can't he just get another game? I'll take a port of Rayman 2Revolution if I have to.

Attached: 1559701822517.png (1670x1445, 1.73M)

I know it’s been a while, but most Wii U owners weren’t upset because they lost an exclusive. They were mad because the game was finished and then delayed for an extra year to turn it into a multi-platform.

last time someone posted this the powerful spam master returned.

Subjective. Rayman's Greatest strength and weakness is that all his games are so different, that, aside from Origins and Legends, they're very hard to directly compare, and even then those two games are very different in their general approaches. It unfortunately means he's had trouble really pinning down an identity and sticking to it.

Attached: 1537286982208.jpg (400x266, 31K)

I've played all of the main ones and I quite like them. Rayman 2 on Dreamcast was even a childhood game even if I didn't actually finish it until more recently.

Polokus in Smash when?

And no, I'm not talking about that deplorable distortion quite odiously entitled the "Bubble Dreamer", either. It was sacrilege what they did to him. A grave injustice against his original, soulful design and a crime that I truly fear shall never be rectified...

Until he's in Smash, that is.

Attached: Polokus.png (1790x896, 1.32M)

The only good Rayman is Rayman 1.
Everything else is zoomer trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=l-h4-D9zko8

Attached: 000b100bb8294b19ba186e105ae2409e.jpg (600x801, 96K)

John Leguizamo was Luigi in the Mario Bros. Movie
John Leguizamo also played Globox in Rayman 3
Globox has a Luigi costume in Rayman Legends

Coincidence?
yeah probably

No, since he doesn’t have a following in Japan like Banjo did despite being a western character. An Undertale rep would be the next Banjo.

That's the same character?

raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Polokus

Yes, it is indeed.
Tragic, isn't it?

Texan here, I'm with you user. Rayman was a big part of my childhood. I'll never stop pulling for my boy. Stay positive.

Yes, many characters changed due to the art direction and style of Origins and Legends, even Betilla changed drastically

> Rayman is much bigger in the Europe/France than he is anywhere else and its quite sad. I dont get it why dont Americans and Japs like our Limbless hero?
That's how every French Media is, Oggy and the Cockroaches is loved in Europe/France and some Asian countries, but it's literal who terriority in the US.

He's had every main series game appear on Nintendo consoles, which is more than I can say for Banjo

ok, but that was a good thing though

Attached: 1474372721258.jpg (592x954, 167K)

Yes, yes, yes. The thicc fairies are good, everything is good in fact in Origins, brilliant in fact... except for my Polokus.

I'll never forgive Ubisoft or Yves Guillemot and Michael Ancel, those heinous men.

Attached: polokus 2.jpg (634x363, 119K)

Rayman's design is top tier you tasteless Nip. The limbless nature of him lends itself well to throwing his fists, one of the core parts of Rayman's gameplay, and the design doesn't resemble anything except 'Rayman', making him more distinct.

Compare that to Banjo, who's an anthropomorphic bear, and that's literally it. Kazooie's description can't really go beyond 'orange-red cartoon bird.'

Hard agree

Attached: 1560184571767m.jpg (603x1024, 85K)

> Top tier design
> Literally a shameless Plok rip-off

how did they get away with this

>On every Nintendo Console since N64
>Amazing music
>Has outsold several franchise in Smash, including some third parties
>Has had a game launch with several Nintendo consoles, bar Wii U
>Was almost an amiibo based on Mario maker datamining
>Got into the last Smash as a trophy
>The artsy Omni hoax made him relevant just before the Ballot opened
>Nintendo has handed over their IPs for Ubisoft to crossover with
>Still just a spirit
What the fuck does it take to get in?

Attached: 1551875376946.png (640x480, 362K)

Autism on the scale of old rare/Banjo and Kazooie fans

The announcement of Rayman 4

Rayman is based off of Louisiana Bayou's right?

A Japanese fanbase and what said for reasons.

Attached: Rayman9.png (483x1088, 119K)

Nintendo published Legends in Japan

Geno is probably the next Banjo but I still like Rayman a lot more. Good luck, Raybros

Attached: tumblr_nsqsw4X0Sm1ra1vfao1_1280.jpg (800x800, 132K)

France is physically incapable of hiding their bonermancy.

Attached: 1559323834720.jpg (2328x2858, 2.96M)

N64 was the lead platform for Rayman 2.
Wii U was the lead platform for Rayman Legends.

He already has a spirit, doesnt that disqualify him?

Gonna download brawllalla just to main him at this point

Attached: 1559588447079.png (780x720, 286K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ck14LKBI9GM This is French boncermancy at its peak

> N64 was the lead platform for Rayman 2.
N64 version was shit, Dreamcast was the better version

The Dreamcast version was technically superior but it was a port simply for newer hardware. Rayman 2 was designed for N64.

Nintendo doesn't trust Ubisoft that much, and besides, Rayman isn't that popular. Nobody really cares that much about Rayman.

Neither does Cloud.

I hope not. Trophies didn't deconfirm characters in Sm4sh. We just need one Spirit to get DLC'd.

Attached: 1557303969682.gif (359x202, 1.53M)

For now until we have full confirmation, yes, and it doesn't seem like we're getting any DLC characters that are Spirits
Then why would Nintendo let Ubisoft make a crossover game featuring their golden boy Mario with the original Minions? Or allow there to be Mario skins in Legends?

Rayman's been my number one choice for Smash ever since Snake's reveal told us that 3rd parties were viable, but I think Crash is next in line. We've had three pseudo-Playstation characters in Smash now, so his Sony association isn't much of an obstacle.

>Rayman 4
I still want the game that Rabbids was originally going to be instead a minigame compilation

Which Ubisoft later ported to every console imaginable because Tonic Trouble flopped big time

It hurts

Attached: PictureCity.png (719x575, 646K)

Most third party developers made a PS1 and Dreamcast port of their games at the time.

ZOOM ZOOM! Tonic only sold about 11k copies and Ubishit just gave up and cancelled the PS1 version and the Japanese release.

Rayman isn't getting in, blame Ubishit for his failures.

No

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Just you wait until Banjo Threeie

Attached: 1560011797409.jpg (492x357, 53K)

I wish they'd take another shot at Tonic Trouble. That game was my childhood.

Rayman and Rayman 2 were absolute blast. Not fan of the retarded way he took with Rayman 3, but the next games are enjoyable still.

NOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYY UBISOFT

Attached: 1559479697579.png (458x477, 146K)

A sequel was actually planned but got cancelled due to low sales

unseen64.net/2015/09/21/tonic-adventure-tonic-trouble-2-cancelled-concept/

Attached: t0V31yq.jpg (600x450, 44K)

I love both Rayman and Banjo. Banjo was just a more important game for me growing up.

Loved Rayman since the PS1, played almost every single one since. I liked Origin and Legends, and Rayman 2 for as weirdly different as it is.

He should be in.

Wasn't this a world in the gba rayman?

Is Rayman the most blueballed smash hopeful?

Attached: 1533473879044.png (1122x262, 13K)

The trophy had to be biggest tease of all time, and then the fake leak happened by that arsty omni fag and then a spirit in Smash Ult

I don't think a character has been ever 'almost there but not quite'

Dixie Kong exists so no.

It was a world in the PSX Rayman, that got ported to GBA yeah.

>Rayman
>bunch of very liked games
>teased a sequel
>instead got a spin-off that killed any hope for a proper sequel

>Banjo Kazooie
>bunch of very liked games
>teased a sequel
>instead got a spin-off that killed any hope for a proper sequel

Attached: 1703c453f1ab.jpg (599x434, 64K)

You know what this franchise really need right now? More rabbids. Preferably with lots of stale minigames.

There was no rabbids party game in a while to be honest.
We need another rabbids game on the Wii to go with Just Dance 2019.

I'm pretty sure Rayman 3D games had no soul, only Rayman 1 did.

Nah dude. Rayman 2 was as magical as the first one while radically different.