Skyrim has bad comba

>Skyrim has bad comba....

Attached: videoplayback.webm (640x360, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GwVOp6sA7qk
youtu.be/Ykr-l8Hwo6o
youtu.be/vqrJlInNvrw
youtu.be/fUmC8qdotZU
youtube.com/watch?v=J0sQCGV_u-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...t

it was so bad that op fell asleep in the middle of his post

....t, even with mods it was subpar.

>You should finish your posts OP.

t

Attached: Greatsword in vidya.webm (854x480, 2.92M)

The only reason you'd even have Skyrim installed is loli mods.

I was talking to my friend about Skyrim combat and he said he never heard the combat being bad as a criticism of the game

Dragons Dogma is the single most overrated game on the internet
Go back to Pleddit to jerk off over your grindy, repetetive ARPG with the same environments copypasted for 50 hours

>12 second webm
>3 seconds of it are the combat
Yup, that seems about right.

>swings a greatsword at the enemy, hits him straight on
>nothing happens

Sure is good combat here!

>overrated
It is now, Though when it hit PC initially it was highly underrated. But people have blow it up for much more than it is now, and it's too dated to really play if you've played anything remotely new with action combat.

cringe

Why aren't there any action RPGs with customization that have awesome 2 handed hammer combat. I want to pummel shits in so hard that they end up impacted into the ground.

>dragon's dogma
>too dated to really play
what the fuck am i reading?

Attached: s.jpg (848x900, 107K)

ur not allowed to say bad things about DD on Yea Forums. it has lolis in it and you can do some fancy anime greatsword moves in it that's like berserk so they don't care how utterly garbage the game actually is.

Seeth harder skybaby.

Attached: Guts_and_Griffith.jpg (960x539, 88K)

user when was the last time you played it? I put 134 hours onto the game and had a fucking blast. I recently went back to play it and the combat was meh compared to even f2p shit like KurtzPel.

Even fucking Fallout 76 has better combat and that's saying something.

>Go back to Pleddit to jerk off over your grindy, repetetive ARPG with the same environments copypasted for 50 hours
only the DLC is grindy(i didnt played it, got bored)

base skyrim sucks but skyrim VR combat is genuinely great.

Attached: skyrim vr.webm (1122x648, 572K)

It's not overrated. It's unique. You don't get alternatives so you have to do with what you get.
DD has plenty of flaws but what it does right it does excellent so if it clicks for you - you'll be willing to ignore the flaws.

Magic and ranged combat can actually be made really fun, melee is unsalvageable

dragons dogma is flashy trash

last year, and it holds up pretty well, certainly shits on skymeme

Attached: 1414972342134.jpg (419x304, 14K)

>Has to mod the shit out of it
>Still looks bad and clunky

Ok senpai

>this much cherrypicking
You forgot to include the thirty second windup and how it took ten attempts to make it land because the monster keeps moving away or interrupting you.

Skyrim is not made for 3rd person or good combat or even good animations. The foundation would need to be completely replaced. Skyrim is only good when in 1st person and doing a magic, archery, stealth build. Melee combat is complete trash that feels awful.

Never greentext again.

>shits on skymeme
Not the argument.

Attached: 1520882758155.jpg (1493x1600, 194K)

I mean what game are we comparing it to
shadow of mordor?
dark souls?
cuhrazee?
skyrim is an exploration game, the combat is just kind of there, and is only meaningful for the first few levels anyway

I actually think mmos have good and meaningful combat, at least when there's lots of roots and snares and movement abilities

I wish Amalur got a sequel, I HATE Skyrim combat with a passion.

Yeah, i don't think it even warrants a comparison!

Attached: 1446656709281.gif (228x180, 1.6M)

Well, yeah. Point is to LEARN how to play well.

>skyrim is an exploration game
You wish.
There is no exploration when there is a 5 minutes walk between each settlement. If the distance was a lot bigger, and traveling was actually hard and rewarding, then yes, I agree.
But as it stands, even with Frostfall and similar survival mods, the game is only okayish.

God I hate how there is no alternative. Bethesda has this market on lockdown and they have no incentive to actually make their games any better. Outward was a good idea and made many hopeful, but a small team still cant do that much.

It doesn't. Which is why my original comment stated "and it's too dated to really play if you've played anything remotely new with action combat."

Attached: 1535200571343.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

what game has the best first person melee combat?

>combat has some skill required instead of just smashing a button
>is bad
bethesdadrones everyone

This. Dragon's Dogma is garbage cancer. Never played an uglier or more boring game. It's Reddit personified

Dark Messiah

Dishonored 2

that sword in the first shadow warrior remake was sick.

I don't think any are better than 'serviceable', it just doesn't ever really work

NEVER SHOULD HAD COME HERE

You ruined it

I don't really what I'm suppose to be impressed by in this webm.

well memory is a fickle thing what can you do

Mordhau

Attached: 1560115616286.jpg (768x950, 180K)

Magic is fun as fuck with just a couple mods

tHIS.

Apart from the dash I don't see any mechanical differences between this and the vanilla game. Outside of the ridiculous zoom in on the enemy I suppose the visual additions are nice but they certainly don't bring Skyrim's combat beyond "dogshit".

Which ones you nagger

Kingdom come

>butthurtfromfag

WITCHER 3 on SWITCH :^)

downloading right now and it's taken me literally over 12 hours and I'm at 90%
Better fucking be worth it

>Lock on
>Improved third person camera
>Enemy AI that actually uses cover and swaps weapon for close combat
>Dodge mechanics
>New animations

No differences from vanilla????

>see these same 3-4 3rd person modded combat webms
>try to mod the game so it plays like it
>doesn't even come close
I won't fall for this trick ever again.

And none of this changes the fact that both you and the NPC are floating across the ground and hitting each other with wiffle ball bats.

yeah nigger, that's why, despite being incredibly unfinished and unpolished with terrible plot, music, overworld, and a lot of other shit it's still talked about to this day and relevant almost a decade later to big AAA companies

idiot

well, hes kind of right. nobody goes to elder scrolls for good combat

Because it has a cult of retards behind it. The combat is positively horrible.
Before you make your next fanboy NPC post, defend this: you can literally pause the game and heal.

The combat in Skyrim is fine.

Problem is constant inbalance due to levels and other overpowered stuff.

Also, quicksave and quickload makes every encounter a snoozefest.

Elder Scrolls needs a system with only one save and punishment for dying, like Dark Souls.

Only mod you need to make the combat decent is Ordinator.
Fuck the new Vokrii shit, it's terrible by comparison.

*crashes after 30 seconds of combat due to running 200 mods*

yeah, it's very rough and even downright intolerable at times

yet it's still getting new fans because nintendo ported it to the switch, enjoy the discussion, friend!

>not even showing the claymore or BKS
Why are you such a faggot?

Also the game is horribly dependant on gear rather than skill. Whether or not you can kill that monster in front of you depends on the level of your character and the equipment you have much more than how familiar you are with the combat.

this, with a few mods magic combat is fun as fuck and better than pretty much any other game out there

yeah forgot to include the 100 hours of clicking left mouse in skyrim build.

Dark Messiah and EYE

>you can literally pause the game and heal
Oh no, it's a soulsfag

Attached: popcorn time.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

Yes, it has shit combat.

All of Enai's mods are great.
His BallisticNG tracks are fantastic.

Attached: 1560593072885.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Why post a picture of yourself?

Attached: oh shit.png (247x248, 99K)

There's literally no reason for Vokrii to exist except for him to show that he's doing something with the Patreon money.
He literally remade Ordinator but with 1/5th of the content.

nah that's witcher 3

>Whether or not you can kill that monster in front of you depends on the level of your character and the equipment you have much more than how familiar you are with the combat.
You're confusing DD with Skyrim now.

>Why post a picture of yourself?

Attached: file.png (800x450, 142K)

still better than witcher 3 tbqh

>the retard did it again

Attached: seriously....gif (200x150, 1.65M)

>let's just use one attack in skyrim to make it look worse, because I dislike that game!

I love both souls and dragon's dogma, what's with people trying to push a rivalry ITT?

Witcher 3 is shit BTW

>Defends shitrim
>Calls anything else Plebbit

Based.

The combat is garbage too

>standing still for ten seconds while attack loads is a skill

All 3 games shown only had one attack, retard
Skyrim only has 2 attacks anyway, that webm shows literally 50% of all of skyrim's melee combat.

>Hit PC
It was mad overhyped by then faggot. Unless you picked it up on console, you never got to experience it as a hidden gem

>b-but this other game does this thing too so DD is excused!
Pathetic
It's not a "fan war", it's a shit game being outed as such. Dragon's Dogma is so pathetically shallow and boring I have no idea how can there be people who say they love DD but shit on Skyrim when it's literally the same tier of brainless garbage.

dark messiah has shit melee combat, retards.For the record its "melee" combat, not the combat in general since its fun to mess around with magic and physics in messiah but if you look at its melee combat individually its shallow and boring where the only thing you need to do is spam attacks and that is it.Dismembering and physics arent melee combat.

Magic is pretty fun

lel whatever you say Witcher fag, your game is shit

>>the retard did it again

Attached: file.png (645x588, 131K)

Except in DD you need to know how the combat works and don't just force your way trough with level. Christ, do you fagtards even play the games you always seem to bitch about?

You had to replace every vanilla file of that game to make it look not like shit. Any game that has little to no feedback on hit, to me, has shit combat. And Skyrim is one of those games where enemy's get knocked back slightly at almost random times, the only real feedback you get is the little blood splatter and the health bar. Just not satisfying to hit some immovable enemy until in randomly slumps over mid animation.

>I can't defend the trash game that I have decided to use to define my NPC identity, so I'll insult him instead!
I fucking hate witcher too. Stop acting like a baby and use your brain, you'll see DD is shallow as a fucking pond

>the retard did it again

Attached: pffffffffffffffft.gif (245x245, 999K)

based

ye you need to know to take unlimited healing items so you can pause the game and heal every time you take damage

>now the goalpost moving has begun
Thanks for the laugh I guess.

>I fucking hate witcher too
Good then your taste is only half shit. Now stop being a fucking baby and go try a new class in DD before I kick your baby mug, you little bitch

>imagine playing skyrim for the combat and then complaining about it.

Bro, Skyrim is for exploring the winter wonderland with your waifus. chill out, take a seat around the fire and eat some mammoth cheese and drink an ale.

Attached: 1508691800262.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

I don't think you can call a game outdated because you exhausted your personal enjoyment from it after 134 hours

This

while(true)
SendKeys(Mouse.LEFT_BUTTON);

doesn't even have to have punishment and only one save, but it should take some inspiration from Dark Souls with the set enemy levels and abandon level scaling completely, they need to have a complete overhaul of the leveling system where it's not like an arms race against the AI for more HP

>Unless you picked it up on console
It was literally impossible to play on consoles.

Skyrim has 1 (one) physical attack and every weapon is basically the same. You click to make the enemy's health go down.

>it was mad over hyped by then
No, it was completely forgotten by then. And then it hit Steam and Yea Forums fucking had threads for like 2 straight months and something like 90+ generals on /vg/ before it finally died out.

It's all the same, with some animations being flashier than others.

Skyrim combat is unironically better than shitter 3 combat. And that's pre-mods, once you get some mods for some NOICE fucking spells and dodge and shit you got yourself an ace game

They each have like 2 attacks and one defensive options, on top of being boring as fuck they're unbalanced too.
I get it, you pity the game and got emotionally attached to it, but it's objectively a fucking bad game.

>because you exhaust your enjoyment
You can and I will, the games mechanics are highly dated compared to new games mechanics. Is that a negative? No it's not, it just means it's harder for people to get into who didn't experience it.

It's always like that with older games. The games 7 years old after all.

>it was a good game when it was exclusively on consoles
I can't wait until all your shitbox companies go bankrupt

oblivion had better combat that skyrim and better magic

Attached: 1535097971140.jpg (750x730, 463K)

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I still get into old games all the time. I'll have to try that MMO you mentioned at least.

Zeno Clash

So you have never played Skyrim and are just shitposting.

What the fuck is that?
>garbage of enb
>third person
>UI out of ass, worse than a default one
>that block pop-up
People dont play Skyrim for combat, just like they dont play Morrowind, Oblivion or c/A RPGs.

>KurtzPel
It lacks content, and there are a lot of cheaters, but it's combat feels fantastic. It needs a lot more polish, though it has potential.

Attached: Kurtzpel-05.jpg (1920x1080, 741K)

This.

He is saying the truth.

My God it's so weightless, like wielding a papercraft sword.

The elder scrolls were good not for the combats but the writing, exploring and the quests, Skyrim has none of that.

I had the misfortune of playing it on PS3 at release. I used a sword and just smacked everything around until it ragdolled. Tried using magick too, but it was underpowered and felt like I was just sneezing at enemies instead of roasting them alive.

This game.

Fuck off Todd, Skyrim was trash.

Attached: 51p8+7K2h9L.jpg (353x500, 56K)

Attached: magic in vidya.webm (854x480, 2.99M)

Worth getting vr for this? Asking for a friend.

>Dragon's Dogma
>Reddit
Fuck off newfag. Stop associating every game that you hate with reddit. Yea Forums loves DD before pc release and until now.

Attached: 1555846010982.jpg (353x316, 25K)

It's like playing the drums.

kurtzpel has typical combo based gameplay, but saying it makes dd outdated is fucking retarded, especially when theres way better out there like dmc5
DD is not perfect but the game itself has a lot of depth in the basic mechanics of the game that most rpgs dont, like the character customization actually affecting how you can navigate the environment.
Theres really no similar game in terms of what it offers in terms of combat with how it approaches melee/ climbing/spellcasting, so unless you ever find a game that offers that better it'll really never get outdated

Attached: sniper.webm (720x406, 1.64M)

Reddit loves DD and the circlejerking for it here is Reddit-tier

This.

How would you know that unless you were a redditor?

Attached: 1508884561611.png (590x341, 339K)

its obviously a skill you dont have if you cant hit a moving monster :^)

Ironically, the way the Skyrim gameplay is recorded makes Skyrim's magic look okay. There's nothing wrong with a wizard being able to run and cast simple fireballs - but you can't do it in vanilla Skyrim like you can do it in the video here.

Skyrim's magic in vanilla is fucking boring. There's a dissonance between the visuals and the results, on top of magic just not being versatile at all. If all my master wizard is doing is casting a weak fireball, it should be as easy and fluent as seen in that video. It's not, and that's part of what makes it awful. At least older TES games let you feel like an actual wizard. More ways to disable enemies other than "harmful projectile with one (1) uninspired side effect" AND you can actually make your own goddamn spells like a proper fucking mage.

yore
ugleh

>DMC5
Which isn't an RPG. It's an action combat game.

Your post make no sense.
>DD is so bad
>actually loved by Yea Forums
That means DD is Yea Forums core. Not your reddit shit.
Reddit has board for most games that means every game is reddit. Even obscure series are reddit.

VR games are never going to work until they create a reason for people to not just cheaply wave it like drumsticks and instead swing swords like they're swords

Attached: 1553677266767.gif (215x168, 497K)

Nah it's fun as fuck. Class imbalance is not an issue unless you're an autistic min-maxer who immediately googles the ''solution'' to the game and it's actually really fun when you've experienced a game normally to build a massively OP build and fuck everything in 3 shots

>Quick, fps-style projectiles
>45 second cast-time for le epic animation that you have no control over

This webm makes Skyrim looks better than DD, which is fucking amazing in itself

true, the animations were worse but overall melee had better impact and the cast button did wonders if you wanted to play a battle-mage. also much better vanilla spell variety

Yeah, Skyrims combat is alright I guess.

Attached: dragon.webm (1280x720, 1.59M)

this already exists bethesda are just lazy

Goddamnit you guys are making me want to replay Skyrim.
Fess up, which one of you is Todd?

came here expecting this, wasn't disappointed, gj user

>Ragdolls and falls through the world
Classic Skyrim

That is vanilla Skyrim. It's just a dual cast firebolt. Haters gotta hate.

The dragon finisher animation is so bad, so amateur-like I still have no idea how it was included in an official, high-budget videogame

I don't need to google anything to know the optimal strategy because I'm not a brainlet like you.
And if playing optimally is boring ( like in this case ) then the game is badly designed.

I agree, it sucks.
Don't think it needs to be mentioned once again though,

Attached: idunno.jpg (560x403, 55K)

me

Attached: 1560318407758.png (720x960, 891K)

sure you dont

Well I sure would love to know which of the three versions of Skyrim that is because my character sure as fuck couldn't move around half that fluently while casting ANYTHING

same but I don't have time to mod

morrowind = oblivion > skyrim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> witcher 3

He's right though, that's literally vanilla Skyrim, although it might have some kind of animation mod because that sure as shit isn't the vanilla running animation.

>it's fun only if I gimp myself or if I dont know anything about the mechanics
sounds like a trash game

it's almost like you can unlock skills for that. are you a witcher 3 fan, perhaps?

nah it's fun if you try to build a pure assassin or 10-200 sorc magick archer too. it's just a really good, well designed game

witcher 3 is shit btw

Is Skyrim moddable to be decent yet? I'm getting the itch

That explains my confusion.

I cleared the entire Destruction skill tree but I would still be slowed down as soon as I was charging any spell.

>Dragon's Dogma GreatSword
>Charge attack for 30 seconds while your HP is depleted by 80% due being wide open and hit opponent for a fraction of the damage an assassin can do in the same time
>8/10 you'll either get interrupted by getting hit out of the animation or miss because you're too slow
Biggest meme I ever fell for when I asked Yea Forums what games made me feel like Guts from Berserk.

Bad or not I had more fun with combat than Oblivion.

you didn't play the game, because as you level warrior you get skills that lessen interrupt/damage taken while charging, meanwhile your fast casting mage heals you

witcher 3 is shit, btw

I think vanilla Skyrim is decent already, what's your definition of "decent"?

>Mordhau

Attached: mordhau-win64-shipping.exe 2019.05.11 - 21.30.13.03.DVR.webm (680x382, 2.99M)

Amalur's is mediocre. It's the problem with having only a few premade abilities.

Damn the people in Dark Souls are so polite. They just stand and face away from you so you can slash them from behind.

SKYRIM IS ON SALE ON PSN GUYS!

Attached: 1557952333239.jpg (780x120, 33K)

Half the enjoyment of a good combat system is the presentation you fucking dolt.

Attached: 1549501367003.png (600x753, 546K)

by that argument w3 has great combat yet it's so boring and uneventful

A). FP character action is memery. Awareness is huge for gameplay intensity and fun.
B). Skyrim is also TP, so it's up against Souls, For Honor, and DMC …

This. Haptic feedback can't come soon enough.

Binge

It's fucking leaps and bounds above Skyrim, that's for certain.

What's your point? That doesn't look bad at all.

this webm is like one of those fever dreams where you try to touch and grab things but you can never reach them

Fuck you guys, why you gotta drive me to reinstall?
Gimme some essential mods at least if you're gonna do me like this.

I had more fun blocking and shooting arrows in Skyrim than the totality of Witcher 3's combat

fpbp you didnt let me down

if you want to play as a mage than yes it can be made excellent

this actually exist in beat saber and some melee oriented games, bethesda just can't do shit properly

I did. The skill that lessens the interrupt chance and damage doesn't mean shit in BitterBlack Isle on hard mode, where enemies go through your HP like butter and can stunlock you out of anything. Hopefully in the sequel this shit class is either cut entirely or sped up by 2 times and given an actual block or dodge so it's not a pain to play ass.
>Witcher 3
I've never even played that garbage, but I'm assuming you're confusing me for another poster since you can't handle any sort of criticism towards your favorite game.

check tesgeneral.com it has a basic modding guide that covers the essentials

I've been having dreams like that all week feels bad. That and the dreams where you try to run but it's like you're running in syrup, or where you try to punch things but you arms weight 200 pounds and are made out of cotton candy, or technology just throws all rules of logic out the window, or physics is fucked up so it's like you move in low gravity but somehow can still barely go anywhere.

Attached: 1524764439183.jpg (1440x1080, 295K)

This unequipping your 2handers to cast was fucking awful.

I absolutely love skyrim but the combat is genuinely fucking terrible and all potential cool shit is either too limited or straight unviable at higher difficulties (shouts and runes)

I usually get those dreams when I eat too much before bed

I personally use Apocalypse Spells and Ordinator Perks as a base and go from there.

Attached: 1510536063282.jpg (960x720, 88K)

Did the various degenerates give up on modding skyrim?
Haven't seen an update on LL for quite a while now.

Oh hey, that's actually pretty good, thanks!

>People actually play Redditrim

I am 90% on the edge of buying a XboneS just to download Oblivion (and maybe Morrowind) so I can play it with a controller

>I personally use Apocalypse Spells and Ordinator Perks
These are basically mandatory, I have no idea how someone can play without them.

You can do that with a PC, smoothbrain.

>Implying magic that functions the same as ranged weaponry is good
No, Harry Potter played a big part in this trend and it just makes magic look fucking retarded and not magical

Skyrim has bad combat, but Dragon’s Dogma is worser.

>Dragon’s Dogma is worser.

Attached: IMG_20181025_023635.jpg (1200x1181, 99K)

is this the thread where we can ask DD questions or is there a general up?

>hit something with low hp
>get locked into kill animation
fucking zoomer shit

Why couldn't they do this originally?

Its epic, you incel boomer.

>Just some cringe cutscene
>The finishing stab doesn't even connect
So this... is the power..... of zoomer entertainment........

>the necromancer perk line in the Ordinator Conjuration tree coupled with Apocalypse necromancy spells

Attached: 1559425526226.png (471x461, 158K)

Skryim's combat is okay.

I have experienced WORSE combat.

before anyone asks, this is the final "dungeon"
(more like linear hallway)

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Every time it happens I watch it just cause I'm trying to figure out what the hell the PC is supposed to be doing

based

H-HAYA !

You'll summon 'him'.

ENB or no ENB?

Unironically, yes
I played 98 hours of the VR version with my modded lolis.
Just use magic and bow, melee is shit.

ENB is unoptimized shit that makes your game look like a vaseline filter and kills your framerate
Don't use it unless all you want from Skyrim is taking screenshots and fapping to elf waifus

I'm still angry as fuck to this day that these aren't included in any of the newer releases.

you are trying too hard user

There's litterally hundred of DLLs to chose for your configs and lightweights ENB dont make a dent in your framerate
If you know what you're doing, ENB is objectively better

Oblivion

Don't reply to me again, redditor

DD also have those meteor summons and earthquake. Skyrim magic has nothing on DD in terms of scale.

Hopefully TES VI will copy the combat of Kingdom Come.

>large sword cuts through enemy
>enemy movement isn't even affected, just some number pop up on the screen

that's the worst part, hitting shit has 0 feedback unless you're staggering something

Archery in Skyrim VR is great, magic is meh and swords are trash.

Blade and sorcery did it well, it's all physics based and weapons have weight, you can't just wave them around like this.
It's just bethesda being lazy.

nah
based

shooting arrows as fast as you can move your arm is pretty neat

Any archery that doesn't allow you to charge the draw in order to calculate trajectory is shit by default

Says the zoomer. How fucking old is this stupid fucking game and yet your desperately trying to shit on and fit with this faggoty stuff?

>Weapons clipping through people to do damage at a range where you wouldn't even be able to jab with it.

>Doesn't look bad

Skyrim can be decent, the novelty wears off fast though.

Attached: who needs an m203.webm (1000x624, 2.96M)

Not really comparable, but at least in the Witcher the enemies react to your hits. Skyrim is like shadowboxing, nothing you do matters besides some arbitrary numbers.

>Dragons Dogma
Please don't let Yea Forums fool you into wasting time in an offline korean MMO

>You can literally pause the game and heal
Yes you can, and the game actually has a lore reason for it. You know, actual backstory and lore and worldbuilding that a lot of games nowadays lack.
Especially Souls, its lore is fucking atrocious.

The inverse is even worse:
>HP is so low that a single hit from the dragon will kill me
>the dragon's next attack is converted into an unavoidable instakill animation
>instead of a regular attack that I could have potentially avoided
The combat being generally clunky can just be attributed to lack of skill but shit like this is just mental.

>there are now people on this board who defend Skyrim

Attached: 13114.gif (1133x845, 2.7M)

No need to get mad because your shit game is being treated like shit, little zoomer.

Magic mod? Looks pretty fun.

Skyrim is better than Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 combined

It's still better than Chivalry and I'd like you to find a solution to it if it's so bad. Only fags use long spears anyways.

how bout you eat this mammoth cheese
*points at smegma*

>people unironically saying Skyrim combat is better than dragon’s dogma
Okay, what the fuck

An Arkham tier Cinematic Experience

DD is all smoke and mirrors the long and flashy animations only barely hide the fact that combat is actually simplistic as fuck

DD beats all others in terms of spectacle, no question. However there is also the argument of utility.
Do you want to conjure massive storms like a wizard on a 1980s power metal albulm cover, or do you want to master magic to the point you can toss explosive fireballs around without even breaking your stride?
Honestly in the webm posted Dark Souls was exposed as having all around trash magic, based on spectacle vs utility.

Attached: 1362265513581.jpg (1366x962, 391K)

Dude, Skyrim is 8 years old. Ain't anything zoomer about it.

Its true

Attached: DIO Groceries.jpg (642x580, 79K)

This
I've played it for 150 hours and can definitely say that the combat is lacking. Especially for melee.
The best combat strategy for twohanders is literally jumping and attacking. Once you notice how good it is compared to every other 2hander option, your game becomes just this, you keep jumping and attacking. It's fucking retarded.
And there are no other melee builds.

No one is saying that, they are just pointing out DD is a shit unfinished singleplayer MMO like game that Yea Forums likes because its japanese

condemned

>the combat is bad because it's unrealistic
No

The arcing projectiles is just from a mod that makes them affected by gravity. IIRC the mod itself was a bit outdated and I had to patch in support for mod spells myself, ez with TES5Edit.

>game where your melee options are: attack without feedback, power attack without feedback, block, and shield bash
>somehow less simplistic than a game where you can block, perfect block, dodge-roll, execute different jumping attacks, two separate fast attack combos in addition to a power attack, grab enemies, climb large enemies, AND have distinct skills at all times in addition to the basic combat mechanics

What AI mod is this?

So the Fighter and Assassin aren’t melee builds now? Good to know.

holy shit you get to watch a whole cutscene of a cool magic effect with barely any input???

Cheers user.

All for show
Skyrim's simplicity is a superior experience

This is fucking garbage.

even New Vegas has better melee combat than Skyrim.

Man, greatswords are just the best when both you and the enemy can feel the weight behind each strike.

>execute different jumping attacks
I still can't believe that Skyrim somehow lacks the ability to attack in midair. It's not like it'd come in all that useful in such a slow game but fucking Fallout 3/NV right before had it.

Yes but what about the roleplaying aspect of this roleplaying game? why do DD fags never talk about anything but combat?

Attached: 1559198164477.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

>predicting an enemy's position 10 seconds from now doesn't take skill

Where did this meme that greatswords are sledgehammers come from?

Combat is everything DD has going for it and it isn't even that impressive.

in no particular order:
Zeno Clash
Shadow Warrior 1&2 (the new ones)
Vermintide 2

And honestly, the BEST 1st person melee combat in videogames
>BREAKDOWN
It's fucking awesome.

Because the combat is the thing it shines at. There's fuck all roleplaying in games like Dark Souls but no one cares because that's not why people play them. Skyrim on the other hand fails at both combat and roleplaying.

Darks Souls is not an open world rpg

it's really fucking wierd, since with acrobatics perks in Oblivion, you could attack while mid-air and even perform power attacks.
In Skyrim they just got rid of the acrobatics tree and didn't even bother letting players attack while jumping by default so combat feels really unorganic and artificial when traversing uneeven ground in combat

Gothic has better combat than skyrim

DD isn’t big on the RPG aspects of Action RPG yes (except for character customization which is fucking excellent) but the action part it does right, and its fans don’t pretend it’s good for roleplaying.
Meanwhile skyrimfags are in denial about how fucking horrible their game’s combat is and they try to hold it’s role playing up as good when New Vegas, released on a worse engine on an extremely tight time limit, absolutely blows it out of the water.

You didn't address a single point in his post

No, but it does still label itself as an RPG. Both it and Dragon's Dogma are action RPGs that put more focus on the action than the RPG. And there's nothing wrong with that. People don't play these games expecting loads of choices and character moments

The worst thing is that it's just based on raw damage vs. raw HP, meaning you can be killed by non-fatal damage since your armor is ignored.

> but it does still label itself as an RPG
yeah and kojima's walking simulator is a social stranding game, who the fuck cares what the devs say, dark souls is an action game and DD is a failure open world rpg

Nope, predicting that far is just memorizing or simply luck. And neither of those is a skill.

If Dark Souls is an action game then so is DD

Should be the clip of the griffin getting oneshot.

Poor lad

Then its a shitty action game because you have to run around doing chores for generic npcs in generic towns scattered around the empty world map

The behavior files dealing with animations can be changed so that you can do anything anywhere but they are exclusive by nature; if you want to use a mod for dodging like tkDodge, you need a specific animation set and a skeleton for it. Those conflict with the changes that allow you to attack mid-air, since they both alter the behavior files.
People always tell you how good Skyrim modding is but then at the same time modding the game is pure fucking boiled diarrhea with no positive things in sight, it's all just workarounds.
The devs are completely incompetent.

I’m starting to think you’ve never played the game. There are only two towns and you don’t have to do any fetch quests unless you’re deliberately accepting billboard quests for some fucking reason

>"Dude, Skyrim isn't zoomer, it came out in 2011, I was, like, 4 years old back then!"
Skyrim is a VERY zoomer game.

Attached: 1560276459928.png (714x800, 73K)

I otherwise liked Amalur but the zones scaling so much by level was just stupid.
If you ran through the main quest at lv20 you pretty much locked out the max level.

sauce ?

I was 24 when skyrim came out but it seems you have already made up your mind.

There's more vocations in the game than just mage you nigger

Skyrim is at best an early zoomer game. As in the 2000 generation. Most kids under 15 haven't heard of it.
t. born in 2000

If the greatswords you see in video games were reproduced in real life (like clouds GS, which is the one that from soft based that weapon on) then they would be even fucking heavier than any sledgehammer.

Who said anything about fetch quests you cucklord

Trying to play Skyrim in 3rd person makes me want to puke. I don't know what it is about it that's just so terrible. And I fucking hate how the game forces a 3rd person perspective for vampire lord and werewolf forms, forcing you to deal with shit like the cursor not lining up properly, or the dumb 3rd person camera constantly struggling with the scenery because all the tight closed-in tunnels and environments clearly weren't designed for a 3rd person camera

Monster hunter

>you have to sift through 100's of DLLs and configurations to make it work properly

vermintide is satisfying

Attached: kruber.jpg (1608x1453, 455K)

>Bethesda
>Ever having anything "good" in a game (graphics, music, combat, story)
Liking Bethesda games is PEAK Redditcore, go back please and take your shitty New Bugas with you

New Vegas isn't Bethesda. And Morrowind had one of the best videogame stories.

>the fact that there are hundreds of files means that I have to autistically sift through every single one of them

Jesus christ user, just pick the first one you see and try it out, they are small files and you can even switch them realtime while in-game.
How do you people even breathe, there are hundreds of ways to inhale, how do you manage to sift through all of them and decide which to use before you run out of oxygen

OH WAIT your body doesn't need oxygen because you LACK A FUCKING BRAIN

Your other bodily functions also require oxygen user

The base foundation of New Vegas is still very much 3 and it is still very much a bad game. Pressing Q and aiming in the vague general direction of your objective to automove is not fun gameplay. It is the exact opposite of gameplay. Waiting 5 minutes until your slow as fuck character makes his way across the desert is not fun. If anything, Fallout 3 and NV are movie games. Auto-Move and V.A.T.S. confirm this.

>2019
>still no comprehensive texture packs that fix up every texture so they're all consistent and on the same level

It's so fucking tedious having to install separate texture packs for different textures or categories of textures. There's no consistency to it, and then you end up with shit like one thing being high-quality with a good texture, but the thing next to it still has the shitty original low-res texture because nobody fucking bothered retexturing that thing. And so you either have gaps in quality like that, or you spend days autistically pouring over every little thing

Attached: k come on.jpg (433x427, 86K)

V.A.T.S. is chance based and therefore not reliable. Auto-move is there because there are big expanses of nothing, which is a legitimate complaint. But the focus of an rpg shouldn't be the combat or travelling. That's how you get Fallout 4. It's the world, characters and your interaction with them that matter. And NV does this well.

Morrowind had Kirkbride

>imagine having to install texture packs to fix a game's broken ones that aren't consistent
Why do people play Bethesda games?
It's too bad you meet enemies very often so the terrible, awful gunplay is incredibly obvious to you. Guns genuinely feel like trash, I haven't ever played a game that had gunplay this bad. It's not even comparable to Quake or Doom, it reminds me of the gunplay from System Shock 2 with how bad it is. If most of the encounters with enemies WILL result on gunplay, at least make an effort to make it passable. Fallout 3/NV did fuck all to do that.

And it was made by Bethesda. If you want to argue that current Bethesda is shit, I'll agree with you. But they did make at least one good thing in the past

great skyrim shillers

What stops devs from having a Dark Soul/Sekiro combat in first person? Sekiro specially. It literally wouldn't change anything mechanically and still be great. In DaS all you need to do is focus more in defending and remove the rolling.

Why do only ever get the shitty screen based combat with wiggling and shit like in Mount and Blade, or the shitty Skyrim-like combat?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Three reasons I can think of:
1. laziness
2. pointlessness (why bother when people are going to buy the game anyway?)
3. accessibility (if a 10 year old can't beat the game you lose half your audience)

Sekiro's combat is one of the most boring shit I can think of. Once the novelty wore off, I stopped playing it right then and there because the new gimmick it provided proved to be quite shallow. You just stand there and deflect the attacks you have memorized and then attack when you see the opening you have memorized, then do the canned deathblow animation. It's so simplistic and boring.
>CLANG
>CLANG
>CLANG

What is good combat to you then? All combat ends up being recognising the enemy's patterns and timing your attacks/blocks.

I'd argue that Skyrim's combat isn't bad, but rather lukewarm at best.
I mean, the combat isn't bad in a sense that it's a displeasure to play, but it's just lacking any sort of depth (ironically, much like the game itself.)

How would you fix the combat so that it's good?

Anything that gives you choices instead of those canned behaviors. Sekiro forces you to play it like the enemies were designed, instead of giving you tools to overcome obstacles, it gives you an obstacle and makes you fail at it until you use the right tool. There's no flexibility and no innovation.
At least in Souls you could do things differently.

all gamebyro games have shit combat

chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay/assault on dark athena

Because Sekiro isn't an RPG where you get to chose your approach. It's an action game where you play as Sekiro and you will always be Sekiro. It's like complaining that Doom only lets you shoot things. And Sekiro does give you multiple tools in the form of prosthetic upgrades.

That's a shit comparison.
Those examples that you showed in comparison to Skyrim are console fighting games and The Elder Scrolls has never been about third-person, jumpy, flashy, gay shit.

>no monhun, the king of impactful weapons

Why are the support magics such an afterthought? Are there any mods that improve illusion and alteration to be usable?

Attached: img1.jpg (332x450, 20K)

The prosthetics are a fine example on what not to do when giving the player choices. They literally take away the choices, since most of the time only one of them is useful. Others get you killed or are just straight useless, like the coin cannon.
There's games like Ninja Gaiden where you play as Ryu Hayabusa and there's lots of ways to approach encounters in that one.

The ONLY solution to this is to play VR games while suspended in a giant vat of liquid. The liquid is a special liquid that can change viscosity when it receives stimulus. A computer controls the viscosity of the liquid around your arms to provide force feedback e.g. if you swing a sword and it hits a wall, the liquid in the path of your arm instantly hardens to stop your arm, the liquid becomes the wall.
Being suspended by straps also allows you to walk in any direction, with the liquid hardening under your feet to simulate the ground.
Someone get elon on the phone, I've cracked it.

>Do you want to conjure massive storms like a wizard on a 1980s power metal albulm cover, or do you want to master magic to the point you can toss explosive fireballs around without even breaking your stride?
Just noticed that your never even play DD. Therefore your opinion is trrash and you're arguing for the sake of it.
Please don't ever @ me again.

So you read Otherland, big deal.

Vermintide 1 and 3, both the soldier and the dwarf can get two-handed hammers

>not Monster Hunter
>the only one with good, complex, satisfying gameplay and a Great Sword
>BUT DARK SOULS, WITH HALF THE CLIP BEING A SCRIPTED ANIMATION

You can tell whoever made this is your average NeoGAF bugman who thinks Souls trash makes him cool.

Attached: alatreon opening.webm (1128x590, 812K)

Honestly I’d just change it to be more like dark messiah’s (and actually put their physics system to use) - different power attacks with different effects depending on which direction you’re moving in/standing still, if you’re sprinting or jumping, etc, add in a kick, make light attacks more ineffective against blocks to prevent spam. Add more distinct weapon types like polearms. Allow you to parry heavy attacks with the correct timing, add some kind of dodge, make attacks actually stagger foes and have some sense of impact (and vice versa).

Dont listen to Yea Forums contrarians

>max out illusion and all spells become silent
>creep around recasting invisibility while firing silent fireballs
>not usable

>Zweihander is the same as a claymore
(You)

>Otherland
Literally never heard of
>published between 1996 and 2001
God damn it

Ok esl fag.

It's not dated, I still play this game every month, and I've been playing since 2012. You just have to challenge yourself, or conatantly startover. I just got finished with a low level BBI run (starting at like lvl 6) beforw that I did a low level hard mode run, before that I did a force hatchet run, and so on.
The combat is among the best in the genre. Melee classes each have 12 attacka that they can toggle between (6 specials, Heavy, Light, Hold Heavy, Hold Light, Light Jump, Heavy Jump) and you also have the perfect blocking system combined with the riposite system for mystic knight. Not to mention that each enemy has multiple weak spots that gou can exploit, such as a topor/petrification weakness, an elemental weakness, a physical weakspot that will immediately down them etc.
To call Dragon's Dogma outdated is asinine user, the combat is too complex to ever be outdated

That's animal crossing

There are some mods that can give you these.
Ordinator overhauls the whole perk system
Several combat mods to change how AI reacts in a fight, and also change the stamina costs, blocking, damage, etc
Spears, halberds, quarterstaffs, rapiers, all have their own animations and characteristics to separate them from vanilla weapons
timed blocking for preventing all damage and causing enemies to stagger
dodging mods that also give the dodge to the enemies

You can make it pretty entertaining, but in it's core are some things that cannot be changed like the behavior files that prevent true action game like things.

Indeed. Instead of dexterity oriented mechanics, Skyrim's combat falls back on it's deep RPG systems... oh wait, it doesn't have that either, the removed it.

>DD
>overrated
>by anyone anywhere
Even people who love DD realize how flawed it is. Don't chimp out just because people like talking about it.

god forbid people talk about good gameplay in a VIDEO GAME

Nobody said it was the RPG elements of DD that were dated retard.

You sound like the sort of pretentious person who also would say "it gets fun 10,000 hours after..."

>you have to run around doing chores for generic npcs in generic towns
you did, you pea brained amnesiac

that looks absolutely atrocious and jank.

it's pretty good too

>Zeno Clash
Is the sequel good? I bought it 5 years ago on sale and never tried it.

FROSTFALL
HUNTERBORN
CAMPFIRE

NOW GO OUT THERE AND GET RICH SELLING PELTS OR FREEZE TO DEATH

You never have to do “chores for generic NPCs” besides billboard quests and a couple of sidequests. Half of Skyrim’s quests are chores: go to this generic cave, get this item or kill this person, rinse, repeat.

I'll check it out, thx user

Attached: sok ti.jpg (1024x768, 176K)

No it gets good as soon as you level your class's vocation to around 5.
This game has a poison system, a blade-blunt system, a magic and physical defense system, a unique blocking system, a complex meele system, gandalf tier magic etc.
What other game lets you block like this user?
youtu.be/GwVOp6sA7qk
What other game lets you cut off parts of your enemy and scale them like its a QTE?
What other game lets you petrify or slow down your enemy with arrows?
youtu.be/Ykr-l8Hwo6o
What other game allows you to best enemies 50 levels higher than you with pure skill and ingenius exploration of enemy weakness?
youtu.be/vqrJlInNvrw
Don't trash Dogma's combat it's a fucking masterpiece in that regard.

What's the lore behind opening a menu and eating 6000 wheels of cheese and various potions?

Not even bait.jpeeg

Name what attacks they have other than left click and holding left click for basic boring attack and stronger basic boring attack

>hoard potions and consumables before the boss fights
>oh no you can't bring and use it anytime
retard

in the elder scrolls it's CHIM fuckery, I think Morrowind even had some references to the inventory being out of time. Also because Bethesda are hacks

People can barely manage 2mx2m roomscale setups and you're calling for vats of fucking syrup?

Those examples were bad because even if Bethesda made it their goal to improve combat it wouldn't be that third-person, flashy, lock-on fighting system that's common for consoles.

It would be something on the lines of Mordhau with magic.

>>oh no you can't bring and use it anytime
what

BASED

archery is the only good combat option in skyrim because in everything else it just feels like your hacking at someone wildly. And with magic there's a lot of possibilities, but you almost never need to use it to it's fullest extent. Also, the magic animations are absolute garbage.

Why is this thread so obsessed with Witcher 3? It's a good game.

maximum pleb my dude

The people behind Chivalry made a game like that. It didn't do very well but it was alright.
My point was that Skyrim's combat isn't good by any measure because it's stuck behind the old RPG based system and a more action oriented one.

It's a overpraised console game that has even less depth than Skyrim (another depthless game.)

It also all looks like a clunky 2006 ps2 game.

Bring potions in souls, have to stop and drink potion. It takes your turn in fucking pokemon.
>Skyrim, oh no problem I'll just stand here frozen in time while you eat more food than humanly possible.

I don't give a shit about the graphics, and neither should you, I play the game for its complex and fun combat system.

Lol, you've never played TW3.

That's a major cope fren

What are some tried and true mods for Skyrim that make combat not suck?

It looks fine, you shitter. You can easily get past it.

The common complaint of Mirage was its magic being underwhelming and because of the introduction of magic its melee combat suffered.
The reason why the melee combat suffered was because Mirage was a competitive multiplayer game and needed to be balanced.
That's not a problem with The Elder Scrolls series since its a single player game with RPG levels so there's some leeway with balancing.

I've spent a long time trying to mod Skyrim to not have shitty combat and I ultimately failed because Skyrim is fucked at a very fundamental level: terrible attack animations and its governed not by hitbox collision but a obfuscated targeting system.
Still, just throwing on UC3, wildcat/smilodon and a mod that fixes attack ranges and pivoting helps a lot.

Balance ain't an issue, Bethesda's terrible enemy AI can make any NPC a bitch.

Play KC:D instead.

BY TAAL
yes, it is quite satisfying and nice, but has a few issues

>graphics
I wasn't talking about graphics, I was talking about the sluggish responses of the controls. They look clunky, having to go through those menus especially during combat breaks everything. There is no fluid animations either, it's all janky as fuck. Again the sign of a older game. Even most shit tier mobile games have quality animation for combos.

I don't remeber the gull list, you'll have to ask /vg/ but I remember that some of the essentials were:
Ultimate Combat, Mortal Enemies, and Combat Evolved

>dragons dogma is flashy trash
This. Couldn't stand it, it's a shame since the world is beautiful
Skyrim melee with certain mods is goat

This, it's like how no many mods you throw at New Vegas, that game will never ever have satisfying tight gunplay.

Best thing to do is just accept the fact that standard melee-focused builds are dull as shit in Skyrim, and to just do something else. I've been having a lot of fun playing with an illusion+conjuration build, hiding out while turning enemies against each other and summoning zombies to aid me

sexlab

Imaginary friends don't count

Yeah, it's just too good. The only problem for me is deciding whether to focus on necromancy or daedra summoning.

The point I was making is that Bethesda will be able to make a "Mordhau with magic" game because of the fact that it's a single player game.

The stealth archer meme is proof of that. Why play as any other class when stealth archery is the most practical?
The answer is enjoyment.
If Skyrim was an PvP online game everyone would be a stealth archer because it's unbalanced.

>no one posting Dark Messiah of Might and Magic combat
Shame on you all

Well you can also be a stealthy assassin that stabs your enemies in the back, that is actually not too bad if you get stealth revamp mods that make NPC's less retarded and more realistic with detecting the player character. It becomes Splinter Cell levels of sneaking and infiltration.

Tell that to theists.

ah the famous sushi school of combat

Especially muzzies

>Try to play necro
>skelebros bodyblock me constantly
>every time they follow me over a 3 foot drop they screech horribly because I installed a mod that makes them sound like daggerfall skeletons
>in fights they stop me from backpedaling or jump in front of my swings

Attached: 1420384437434.png (900x679, 1005K)

They hated him, because he told them the truth

Attached: 1560074445213.png (231x41, 10K)

The combat is responsive though, it's literally never sluggish. Perfect blocks and parries gove you a 1 second delay + a crunch sound effect to showcase that you timed your defense perfectly.
You don't HAVE to go through menus, the menus are only for healing or changing your armor, or arrow type.
Stop nitpicking, you sound like someone who's never even played the game

A few anons talked about it in the thread already. Also was one autist shitting on the melee combat

>DD's combat is trash
>But its world is beautiful
Is today opposite day?

memorization is a skill, there are millions of retards that don't have it

This is true.
But i still love it.

tfw cant kick that user into an ice spell so he slides off a cliff

Even in VR it's bad

To be fair ddda should be skyrim only with jumping for greatsword

mordhau and chivalry are in the same lot of garbage games with bad combat
chivalry just goes beyond retarded with it's exploits

They need to bring the Blade & Sorcery dude in for ES6.

World took hit lag away so it's not king anymore

spbp

Don't people get tired of being fucking contrarians all the time? There could be a game that every faggot on Yea Forums loves and one person will say how cancer and shit it is

It must be, I'm baffled at how anybody could hate DD's combat.
Not really. As a warrior, you use exodus slash for dodging, corona slash for aoe effects, and pomnel blash for guard breaks.

>DD
>overrated
lol

No they'll ruin him. Not to mention nothing B&S does is suitable for non-VR and TES6 is definitely not going to be VR-only, if at all.

Attached: 1554601036382.webm (960x540, 2.26M)

bait

Lol shut up you dumb autist shitter. NG is just izuna and Ultimate spamming. You just suck at sekiro and are trying to cope

this cant be real
JUST

Attached: 158929109601286.jpg (171x231, 15K)

Older DLLs are simpler and smaller
Newest DLLs are complex and heavier
ENBs themselves recommends DLLs for their settings and pretty much always state if they're perf-heavy of perf-friendly

It's not fucking rocket science

Attached: 20171026190120_1.jpg (1920x1080, 527K)

Versus soon, valiant Kruber!

Attached: VerminGeneral02.jpg (375x500, 32K)

based
even with a bunch of combat mods skyrim is still a clunky paddle swinging sim

>Magic
Oh yeah I fucking love spamming fireball because the magic point limits are so low you can't feasibly use anything of higher values on uninterrupted combat even if you put points into magic every single level.

actually, unironically true and based
the game is boring as fuck, level/world design is awful and combat isn't even half as interesting as it's constantly made out to be

this
based Harvey Smith delivered

The combat is better in oblivion, and the animal fucking mods are also better in oblivion.

What vocation did you use?

>animal

Attached: 1416372499393.png (145x178, 50K)

I tried Fighter, Warrior and Magick Archer and didn't like any of them

Assassin is generally considered the most well rounded and versatile. They've got a bit of everything aside from magic. The nice thing about DD is if you don't like a vocation there are like 8 others to choose from.

Are you rarted? Its not dated at all. It's a bit simple, but it's still got better combat than almost everything out there that isn't DMC or Bayonetta and the other games like them

Well frig, you can't expect Bethesda to ACTUALLY put in work and animate something, do you?

Why do you guys love to do this cherrypicked shit with skyrim vs dark souls vs dragon's dogma?
Same with the spells, let's forget the flasy ones are a 20 second charge and are just 3

Try Strider (use Fracture Dart, Instant reset, Helmsplitter) and Mystic Knight (make sure you use riposites)

BASED

honestly i don't know why xeno clash is brought up so infrequently in these threads.

Attached: 25464573452343.webm (800x450, 2.78M)

I'll never understand webm posters when they try to brag about a series
Are you trying to make mh look good with that webm?
Because you're making the complete opposite, you capcomdrone

the issue with these VR games is that because your weapons have no weight, you can attack infinitely faster than the AI. most of the webms i see of these games seem like glorified snuff games.

Games where swords actually cut things?

Attached: mgr.png (764x1174, 766K)

MHfags are by nature severely autistic and so they don't understand why other people prefer combat in other games, tragically this has caused them to seethe for over a decade. Very unhealthy.

If you played one TES game, you played em all. Shit series.

Is it any good?

female mammal, mana tanks, that lactation one, milk maid economy. you get more magic and milk to sell as the game goes on but you have to routinely pump yourself while exploring lest you become over encumbered. the portable pump you have is hardly enough for you to rush home sometimes.
you can also use the size stealing one for giantess shenanigans but that one gets out of hand too fast. i like the slow burn.

Weapons do have weight in B&S and if you try to waggle you just end up giving the enemy papercuts. Ironically a lot of people bitch and moan about the weapons not having 1:1 movement and actually having to worry about momentum and force because it "feels bad."
The real problem with B&S is that the combat hasn't been finetuned at all and the only enemies in the game are unarmored Lv1 tutorial dipshits and easy to bully. There's a lot of potential, the game has only been in EA since Dec of last year.
But yeah most VR games don't even try to have good melee combat but it's titles like Gorn and B&S and hopefully Boneworks that up the ante.

Attached: 1554616190844.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

dungeons and dovahs has a toggleable mechanic that makes the pc an "essential npc" meaning when you die you fall over and get back up,but you lose some gold or some shit

>rarted

It's pretty obscure. That being said I like what the game tried to do but the end result was a bit of a one-note mess.

Less for the combat and more for the strange world and characters. A lot of the combat is overcomplicated and undereffective. It's worth playing I think.

Weapons having weight is going to be a problem with VR in general. How are you supposed to properly simulate that in a reasonable way?

>look up breakdown
>xbox exclusive
SHIT

I know, Blind Guardian has a song about it.

Physics spring and dampening. Your VR sword does not follow your IRL movement 1:1, it lags behind a bit forcing you to make more deliberate controlled strokes. And since it's a physics object it needs a certain amount of momentum to actually do damage. Two handing gives you more control and power.
Feels bad at first but there's nothing stopping you from sticking a weighted pipe through your vive wand either other than the catastrophic damage that will occur to your IRL surroundings.
That being said there are big brains working on more mechanical solutions but that's going to take a while for it to hit the consumer market.

Attached: 1551555202615.jpg (960x664, 146K)

>DD
>fucking good right out of the gate
>climbing on monsters to kill them is kino
>weapons and spells feel like they have weight and impact on the things they hit which 99% of games can barely do right

>skyrim
>less combat options than previous games and that's already saying something
>isn't played for the combat but with how much there is you would think it would be better
>basically needs mods for the game to be halfway enjoyable
Modding shouldn't be a requirement to have a decent game. It's lazy as fuck on the developers part. Modding to fix a thing here and there or just for personal preference is no big deal but if your shit is so worthless that it isn't enjoyable to play without a library's worth of mods then just about everything by default wins over it.

Define good. I'm not webm poster but I had a fun time with it. I noticed pretty much instantly that the combat felt very different than a lot of games. If day at least pirate it. I played both for about 5 hours each and just got bored. That isnt due to it being bad. I just personally have trouble keeping with games for a long time.

This

>That being said there are big brains working on more mechanical solutions but that's going to take a while for it to hit the consumer marke
My immediate thought was to have a weighted hilt-like controller that you could open up and remove or add weight to, but that's a bit clunky for when you're swapping weapons in game

Magic costs are a non-issue. Vanilla skyrim allows for 100% mana cost reduction.
The issues are that no spell has scaling damage, so your fireball always does the same damage as it did on level 5, and that ritual spells take too long to cast to be practical.

Which one of these were you?

Attached: 1560549029510.jpg (667x1618, 527K)

I'm still amazed that Bethesda didn't think that people would ever want to delete those shitty elementary spells or hide them from the spell list
All the mods I've found to do it are pretty janky

Attached: 5645634.png (509x512, 239K)

A shame Xbox emulation is so behind, Breakdown really is fantastic.

Pisses me off that fanboys shat all over DD when it came out purely because they thought it was some threat to Skyrim.

I like to hope people that use reddit to insult everything Yea Forums has historically loved are just being ironic.

Give weapons physical hitboxes that your VR weapons could collide with to parry attacks, and figure out a way to accumulate momentum with a swing, and honestly you'd have most of the human combat resolved at least

They could have it so that the movements of the player and their avatar are separate.
Like the movements of the player could be seen as what the avatar has in mind.
Like if the avatar has a maul as a weapon then the avatar will be slightly sluggish to the movements of the player.
It won't feel as good, but it will be more skill-based as some planning will have to be applied.

GORN

>tfw no life pod battlestation

Attached: 2807286431_aab084d61f_z.jpg (524x640, 120K)

>that lactation one, milk maid economy
Don't both of these make you more or less unable to play the game as they both progress way too fast?
Or am I thinking of the wrong one?
the one where you slowly turn into a cow

The base VR implementation is so bad you can't even pick up and move bodies...except with a shield. Weapons don't even collide with physics-enabled clutter.
Sadly the VR modding scene has largely fizzled out though at least we got some nice things from it.

Attached: 1551033657981.webm (640x640, 2.55M)

isn't that vr

Bloodborne, Kirkhammer

And they will never work. We need the next step up. We need to jack directly into our brains.

Attached: 1558104970670.webm (632x472, 1.95M)

t.

mount and blade is one of the few games that does melee combat right.

Dark Souls > Dragon's Dogma > Skyrim

If we had this level of technology people would just choose wireheading themselves into a state of pure eternal euphoria until their brains are jello.

God imagine the porn mods people would come up with if/when this is a thing. Finally I would get to experience my loli femdom lamia

Yes

the real solution is to plug the game directly into your brain like the matrix

Well I can see why. It came out as a separately-priced version of the same game everyone owns and with a higher price tag for no reason at all, for a fraction of the audience base that had VR of some sort, and with barely any effort put into it. People can fix Bethesda's shitty games when there's an audience to band together for it, but copy-pasting your game for more profits was just greed incarnate and no one wants to really get deeper in that.

aw shucks

M&B

And I would call it Heaven On Earth.

yikes

Isn't Mount & Blade's combat just a simplified Mordhau's combat?
Both are directional-based, have ripostes, and feints. Except, Mordhau has more directions of attack.

This game is the COD of RPGS and it doesnt even have a soulless next iteration yet.

Where's Monster Hunter

Is there a mod to fix Skyrim's equipment system? So like maybe you can have two sets of weapons equipped and switch between them with a button press instead of using the favourites list? Or is that just not possible in the engine?

There's multiple, you can even voice activate that shit

Ok guys how do we fix Elder Scrolls combat?

Reminder of these conditions.
1. It has to look good in both first and third person and work from a gameplay perspective in both first and third person.
2. Since it is an RPG with enemy health levels and differing weapon damages, it has to still be satisfying when you attack a high level enemy with a cheap iron dagger. It can't look like you are just wailing on a tree. So answers like just make it like dark messiah or vermintide aren't good enough since those games are built around 3 hits killing almost any enemy. The combat has to scale across massive level differences.
3. It still is a fun action RPG and not sword and shield simulator. Players don't want 20 different options for swinging a sword.

Go to work bros.

The game has a decent amount of depth to it but overall most comabat is just spamming attacks and maybe blocking.

Let Arkane make the combat system. That Might and Magic game they made had kino combat.

oh yeah, a mod really counts as an argument against an established and well proven fact.

>Dragons Dogma is the single most overrated game on the internet
did you miss that this thread is about skyrim?
a game that is treated as if it were made by jesus, which todd howard was given a lifetime award for, etc?
are you really that retarded, to claim that it is dragons dogma that is the most overrated game?

A.) More than two overexaggerated attack swings and one power attack, no one should be swinging a dagger like it weighs twenty pounds. Weapons need to feel more distinct than just a model and swing animation, rather than copypasting everything and all melee being the same besides attack speeds. Hell, an axe swing should do more than tap one guy infront of the wielder; fights need to not just be wiffle bat slaps.
B.) Stop making it play like a fucking dumbed down FPS game when we're in the age where such design is outdated. Third person camera should not be lodged behind my head, and the controls are all designed like a console shooter so it naturally works better for archery and mage stuff than it does melee.
C.) Make enemies have proper hit reactions that actually cause them to flinch or stagger with blows and damage, perhaps even locational or circumstancial damage (an axe to the leg vs. an arrow to the shoulder) without crippling their fighting capability into endless stunlocks until they die.

>Niche game.
>Overrated.
Not just stupid but wrong.

Fucking this. Bethesda has access to the guys that made one of the best melee combat systems and they don't fucking use them. I'm guessing because they're petty and don't want to have to put Arkane's name under their flagship franchise

bethesda has been a jobs program for failed devs for a while now, they're incapable of firing terrible devs much less hiring good ones
TES6 is going to be a fucking sublime trainwreck, just wait

except that doesn't work for the reason i said. their games work because you are never fighting anything that is a much higher level than you. if you fought something with a lot more health in their games it would turn into skyrim combat. just wailing at something for 10 minutes.

>they’re petty
That’s an understatement. They were so butthurt about people praising New Vegas’ writing and quests as far superior to Fallout 3 that they doubled down on dumbing down all the RPG aspects of Fallout 4.
Speaking of which an Elder Scrolls game with NV-era Obsidian doing the writing and quests and Arkane handling the combat and stealth would be ideal.

fpbp

youtu.be/fUmC8qdotZU

Untrue. Even if you fought something for five minutes, simply having to mix up your attacks, use the environment to your advantage, etc already makes it more complex and fun than Skyrim combat.

A game can be niche and still overrated
See, LOH:Trails series

Reminder that instead of making all of their weapon models use bone parenting and merges for easy mod applications and shit with FO4/76, every customizable weapon has all of their attachments modeled into the weapon with an absolute clusterfuck of disorganized key frame names and everything and they simply don't render what isn't attached at the time.

>

Attached: 1554868149957.jpg (605x605, 57K)

>Melee Combat
The general system of melee combat will be focused around: timed blocks being used to counter standard attacks, causing enemies to momentarily stagger for counterattacks; heavy attacks being used to break blocks, results in a stagger for counterattacks; and a dodge ability to counter heavy attacks, which costs stamina.

>Magic Combat
Magic's for fags.

>Ranged Combat
Bows are for fags.

I fell asleep too, its so boring

Attached: fuckall.jpg (360x206, 34K)

Underrated

Then fucking make it Sekiro then

>use a spear
>stab people repeatedly
Wow!

What else do you do with a spear? They are made for two things; stabbing and throwing,

Sauce?

It's obviously Cutie Honey jk its Dirty Pair

youtube.com/watch?v=J0sQCGV_u-M

>dude SWORD SWING ON GIANT SLOW MASSIVELY TELEGRAPHING TARGET lmao
MHfags are all retarded.

Up your ass Ryozo

>Implying sabre rattling isn't a phase of combat
Not that I'm defending skyrim's repugnant shit
>No stamina or Magicka on AI
>Everything is a dps check
Literally the borderlands problem

>Caring about the plight of ants.

Attached: 1560663280560.png (1500x1500, 897K)

Based Donald