How bad is it?

>promised Steam version in their kickstarter update post
>made poll on reddit about which version would people prefer (Steam, PS4)
>all transactions checks showed which version you chose and PC version showed as Steam
>after wasting all Deep Silver's (which actually already tired of Ys Net and how they've wasted funds) and baker's money, they decided to made contract with Epic
>people got upset that they won't have promised version for which they paid, and wanted their money back
>they refused to do so and made the stupidest excuse (even Metro and The Outer Worlds made their excuses better)
>in 2 days they completely destroyed their reputation and killed their future kickstarter funding
>after 5 days they finally realized that they could be even sued for not refunding people their money
>"Epic exclusivity will be assessed"

So how bad thing really are for them now, after they ruined their reputation and any future support from fans? Will Epic money be enough for 11 games?

Before someone said, that they never promised anything
KS Update with versions of the game: kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2525512
Reddit poll: reddit.com/r/Games/comments/bz10e8/e3_2019_shenmue_iii/eqorttq/
Check: imgur.com/a/02T4JPR

Attached: 1560617200138.png (1021x889, 613K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2525512
youtu.be/5HVkRH6eEJQ
tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/1139027757122277376
kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2536393
statista.com/statistics/308330/number-stream-users/
youtube.com/watch?v=LMyFpzi40jg
youtube.com/watch?v=KrYGiwhOuBo
crackwatch.com/game/total-war-three-kingdoms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good. I'm cheering for Epic to rattle Valve a bit, at least.

What does this even mean? Steam is doing nothing and Epic look like shitheads. It just makes people hate Epic.

Hopefully, it will cause people to slowly wane on their valve drone loyalty and start playing games in other launchers, including Epic's. Valve deserves it. Don't want them sitting on their laurels. Why anyone would defend the makers of Artifact and the newest DOTA Auto-Chess bullshit that haven't made a proper game in nearly a full decade, I wouldn't know.

Reminder to never, EVER donate to kikestarters

Attached: 1543969717174.jpg (224x206, 14K)

I expect it to be a let down anyway, and always planned to pirate it. The game still looks pretty bad even after so many years. At least now, Epic is paying for everyone to pirate it anyway.

You have a legitimate mental illness

Epic has left Shenmue to die on the Holidays
>Chinese cartel boss kills Ryo's dad
>Chinese owned company kills Ryo's game
Death Stranding [PS4] – November 8
Pokemon Switch Sword and Shield [Switch] – November 15
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order [PC, PS4, XBO] – November 15
Doom Eternal [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch, Stadia] – November 22

Assuming if the sales of Metro Exodus is abysmal as evidence by Tiimmy Tencent's vague bullshit seems to imply. What chance does Shenmue stand exactly?

Attached: 1560440818091.jpg (646x325, 160K)

>muh steam
How old are you or maybe better question. What is your IQ?

And to top it all off the game looks like complete shit, it looks like the pre alpha of the first game. Why you would design the game to have the janky ass controls from the 1st game is beyond me.

How did you come to this conclusion? This should be good.

Why would it? People fucking hate using the Ubisoft and the EA one but they know that EA and UBI made those games, so they won't bitch.
No one bitches about Forntnite being an exclusive to the store because they fucking made it.

You didn't even acknowledge that anons response, a lot of people have gained a lot of animosity against Epic and see them as a bad guy, if anything Epic has made people into EVEN BIGGER steam apologists and I do mean that. Epic has really made a bad name for themselves and the people who partner with them; so much so its actually positive advertisement to say you AREN'T going Epic exclusive.

Why do you think anything in the OP would result in good PR for epic?

So when Epic Store announced their 12% cut compared to to Steam's 30% cut Yea Forums said this was good because it would mean that companies would lower the price on the Epic Store, but in Australia this has not happened, the price for games on the Epic Store are the same as they are on Steam, for example Vampire: The Masquerade 2 is AUD$88.80 on the Epic Store whereas it's AUD$84.95 on Steam, and this is without taking into account the conversion fee I will have to pay on the Epic Store, so are games cheaper on the Epic Store for Americans than they are on Steam?

Hopefully they will relent and get over it. Reminds me of that "Boycott COD" steam group screenshot.

I've not gotten enjoyment from "EPIC EXCLUSIVE REEEE" shitstorms as of late, but I am absolutely salivating at the possibility of Shenmue 3 being canceled and causing a shit-hurricane of which the proportions we've never seen before.

Attached: 1555342611148.jpg (704x1180, 118K)

>Assessed

They've signed the fucking deal, it's too late now, either give refunds to those that want them, get sued for not doing that, or back out of the deal and suffer whatever penalties were in the contract they signed.

How the fuck did they not see this coming? It's hardly the first time this has happened, not even the first kickstarted game to do this, but they are the first to have a blanket no refund policy on it.

>hopefully the constant stream of everyone hating epic will relent so my bugmen overlords will let me gobble up more of their cum
Holy shit user

They won't, they'll just fucking pirate it.

No, same in US.
Can confirm prices even higher in Russia. Epic just doesn't bother with regional prices

user, ubisoft reported a bigger number of sales coming from Uplay when they made some of their titles Epic exclusive, people went out of their way to avoid the Epic store that they bought from Uplay directly.

I love how the people championing meme storefronts are always the people that don't even play PC games anymore.

Because they're greedy jews who didn't take into account the fact that they blatantly false advertised and are thus open to lawsuits.

It doesn't mean shit. They'll just give backers their Steam keys and call it a day.

It's less muh steam and more fuck off I'm not installing your Chinese malware.

You seem personally invested in keeping Steam on the number 1 spot. Afraid of your platform with all the games you bought over the years going down? Should have thought of that before you fell for their kike scheme.

Maybe. Maybe not. Worth a shot.

I use uplay and Origin as well as Steam. I'm not supporting Epic.

I'm sure epic making valve look good will rattle them!
I've never loved valve but since epic showed up I've reassessed my position. Valve isn't perfect but they really really could be worse and I'm grateful they're not.

>"Epic exclusivity will be assessed"
Too late for that, the milk has been spilled. People now know that the publisher/devs are a bunch of wackos and even if they return to Steam their reputation is forever tarnished.

>personally invested
Nope, I couldn't really care less about steam but your corporate dick sucking is absolutely disgusting so I can't help but point out what a huge faggot you are.

Attached: Thanks Tim.png (696x493, 335K)

Man, why the fuck does Deep Silver keep doing this? Does Epic seriously pay them that well? The games at Epic Store definitely don't sell, as confirmed by THQ's investor conference.

Because their store is actually good? This whole deal with the Epic store is not even about Valve loyalty. It's about them strong arming themselves into the market with console exclusive type deals and providing a store that is inferior in nearly every way to Steam while lacking a ton of features. If Epic actually had a competent store that was competitive feature wise there probably would not be nearly as much backlash but as it stands now people don't want to be forced to move to an objectively inferior store with less features. Epic shat out their store prematurely because they have all the billions Fortnite is raking in to work with right now.

Also Steam has NEVER forced publishers to make games exclusive. I can understand in situations with publishers own launchers like BNET, Origin, and the MS store why games may be exclusive but Epic is just bribing them they do not have an active stake in any of these 3rd party games they are bringing on.

shenmue fans are used to gobbling up trash so I have no idea why they're complaining

But Epic is unironically turning me into a Pcbro. I never cared much about Valve before and reluctantly used Steam out of necessity but all the shit Epic has done to consumers has convinced me that Valve is the only way for a better PC experience.

So then why do people support the Epic Store when they're not passing on the savings to customers? They don't have as many features as steam and don't even have a market place where you can make money to essentially buy games for free, the only thing that people championed about Epic was their 12% and how people said this would create savings for the consumer, so why exactly do people shill the Epic Store when game publishers are just using it as a means to hoard profits without passing on the savings?

Each of these exclusivity deals usually payout in the tens of millions, since shenmue already got kikestarted the funds from epic make it profitable before it's ever gone on sale. As to whether or not it's worth the PR nightmare and the chance of lost sales in the future, we'll have to wait and see.

If Epic actually wanted people to use their platform, they'd signifigantly improve it, and make it beneficial for people to switch to them. Yes, they do offer bigger cut to publishers, but that doesn't impact people buying the games at all.

Lol. What is this shill talking about? Valve can be the worst game developer right now and it won’t affect Steam as a store at all. Are epic shills seriously retarded?

It's literally just paid shill and shitposters who don't even own a PC, nobody defending epic has ever actually given an argument over why they like it. They usually just spout the hurr monopoly meme even though paid exclusivity deals is the kind of behavior that encourages a monopoly and the absence of consumer choice.

Attached: 1560228026131m.jpg (445x1024, 113K)

>Also Steam has NEVER forced publishers to make games exclusive
Sure didn't stop them either, though. Take advantage but do it silently so that the blame can't fall on you. Valve are kikes. Let the Epic kikes declare kike war on them.

Deep silver basically fucked over Shenmue 4 from ever happening and most definitely fucked future kickstarter games from ever getting funded because of their Epic shit. I know for a fact I'm never kickstarting any future games because of situations like this ontop of it already being a risky investment. Also Yu Suzuki is a fucking hack

Attached: Shenmue_isn't going to finish.jpg (615x886, 104K)

>You seem personally invested in keeping Steam on the number 1 spot. Afraid of your platform with all the games you bought over the years going down? Should have thought of that before you fell for their kike scheme.
You seem very invested in keeping Epic in the number 1 spot and forcibly charging half the world $80-100 USD for games as per Epic's meme pricing.

deep silver has caused plenty of shit with their blatant epic store greed

Fuck Fortnite.
It's the root of all this bullshit.

> epic exclusivity
> steam keys
Choose one.

Name a good recent Epic game

>muh american malware

>Sure didn't stop them
Steam was literally the only company with a storefront for the longest time until recently when a few AAA companies opened theirs up. Steam doesn't pay for exclusivity and all devs are free to publish on whatever platforms they want. Epic is the only company forcing people to use their dogshit launcher that doesn't even have a fucking shopping cart.
A launcher so bad that when people actually do buy games, they get flagged for fraud because nobody is expected to actually use it.

What? Even before Epic Store was a thing, plenty of publishers were selling games on their own launchers, with indies selling DRM free version on their websites, and also putting the titles up on GoG.
What the fuck are you complaining about, just publishers putting their shit up on sale at Steam at all?

Epic isn't in the number 1 spot. I just want to see Valve sweat, is all. About time someone took a shot at the king of the kikes.

>You can do whatever you want, guys. Ooooh... You're releasing a game exclusively on our store front without us asking for it? ;^) How generous of you, b-b-but remember, I didn't ask you for this.

>Sure didn't stop them either, though. Take advantage but do it silently so that the blame can't fall on you
>Valve didn't stop publishers and Devs from giving them money, this is why they're slimy kikes!
>ignores the fact other storefronts LITERALLY EXIST

>About time someone took a shot at the king of the kikes
I agree. I cried and punched the wall yesterday when I saw Steam charge me $60 for games. I went to the Epic store afterwards and saw Borderlands 3 at $85 and Metro Exodus at $90 and calmed down a bit, thank god Epic aren't huge kikes like Steam is.

The only shots Epic has been taking go straight into their own feet .
Only a matter of time before they point it at their mouth.

Why does Epic have such faithful drones everywhere?

They were selling their own games though, not buying the rights to sell other companies' games.

The last preview of the game I read said that in it's current state, it's no better than a unity student project.
The game is a few month away from release, there's no way to release something decent now in time.
Epic is probably the best choice their best choice, they'll get something out of this shit at least.

Are you making fucking fanfiction?

>valve literally doesn't force any exclusivity
>developers can advertise their game using Steam, and then take it off completely and put it on the Epic store at no consequence and Valve doesn't do anything
>this makes Valve a greedy, controlling publisher that forces exclusivity?

>sure didn't stop them either, though
im very confused to what you mean by this. Steam is now responsible for publishers making their games exclusive?

>all devs are free to publish on whatever platforms they want
You missed that part, Chang.

What a retard. Are you delusional? You do realize other stores exist right?

And history repeats itself, once again developers treat customers like trash, breaking non biding contracts doesn't put you at odds with the law, but how long with customers keep backing games when EVEN if the game gets made, there's this always looming threat of it being an exclusive to a shitty store?

They're just looking for ways to bring that social score up a few points.

Attached: chinas social point system.jpg (1753x2480, 921K)

Damn that release window is boipucci tight. We also have a Calladoody around that time.

>why does a store that repeatedly bribes devs have lots of shills
Hmmm

This is the most retarded thing I've read all day.

Attached: 1464733069192.jpg (777x932, 58K)

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. Devs choose steam because it has a large userbase and functions as a storefront. Some also choose GOG. Companies like Ubisoft publish both on steam and their own storefront, UPlay.
Epic is the only storefront that has to pay devs to use it, because it's THAT FUCKING BAD.

I knew things were bad when I saw Shenmue III being a Kickstarter Project... but this is like a snowball. What a series of terrible decisions

It’s their retarded shill logic in play until they got their latest talking point from Timmy Tencent

Dealing with epic is like selling your souls

As opposed to Epic making mode of their game their primary development project and trashing all their other projects and doing nothing for years? But yeah, fuck Valve.

Attached: 1560550799366m.jpg (1024x618, 116K)

why dont backers just do an en masse chargeback?

Chinese shill army brought to you by Tencent.

Origin also had bunch of games from other publishers.

>Assuming if the sales of Metro Exodus is abysmal

It’s on gamepass and the windows store already

It sold like shit

Honestly at this point same. Valve needs a fucking fire under their ass like nothing else. Gabe needs to stop letting his company basically be ruled by clique bullshit and "work if you want" attitudes.

On leddit there are unironic commies, and on Yea Forums it's contrarians that want (you)s.

>Steam is a platform

You autists should just download it from Epic and be done with it. It will run the exact fucking same as if you bought it on Steam.

deep silver is owned by koch media.
the hands are rubbing furiously over the epic deal.

>Epic Store announced their 12% cut compared to to Steam's 30% cut Yea Forums said this was good because it would mean that companies would lower the price on the Epic Store
Anyone who has said that is an unironic retard. "Trickle down" is a communism-tier economic meme that never works. If it did, prices would drop when digital became the dominant service, yet they didn't and companies just pocketed the extra money without "passing on those savings to customers"

>Cheating in online games
Will we finally be free?

Chargebacks often hurt credit score, aka jewish good boy points.

Not even if you paid me ,Zhang.

im still baffled to how these publishers/devs think that this is a good idea, especially the ones that arent as big as EA or Ubi. They are literally killing any fanbase they have made over the last games for a few instant shekels. IT's even more surprising for them to willing to brace lawsuits for this. How much does Epic even offer?

>on gamepass and windows store
I thought it was Epic exclusive? Or is it actually “you can’t sell it on Steam or GOG” clause? Is this even legal?

Hell, Origin used the same "more money to the devs result in better games" excuse and our reward for that was FUCKING DA INQUISITION, ME ANDROMEDA, AND SIMCITY ONLINE.

>I just want to see Valve sweat
Epic literally going 20 miles out of their way to piss people off with this bullshit isn't going to make Valve sweat. Literally any storefront from Microsoft's game store to UPLAY has a better chance at being #1 than fucking Epic. Timmy isn't going to make Gabe break out in a sweat unless food is involved.

Attached: 1527370517363.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Gotta please those investors
Doesn't matter if it tanks your entire company, as long as you can report a profit at your next shareholder meeting that's all that matters.

price didn't drop cause the market will bear the cost, but at least digital games go on sale frequently

Stardock had their own launcher as an attempt at competing with Steam over a decade ago.

they just want the press attention for a low budget shitty game.

All this will do is what they planned to do at the start, give backes a steam key...just as they did with metro.

They planned to always do this but wanted extended press coverage, and we all just happily give it to them.

Its because they know that the game will be absolutely dog-shit, they're just making what money they can before they disappear forever

Why.

I got too many (You)'s to respond to each of them individually. I'm not an Epic drone just because I want to see Valve sweating a bit. You faggots seem to be 100% convinced that Epic is gonna fail hard and only gonna strengthen Steam, so why are you so butthurt?

Stick to your guns. Don't play Epic's shit. Pirate it. Whatever, I can't control your minds.

But I stand by what I said: I hope a significant number of people relent. I hope they buy into Epic's store. I hope it gets enough success with these kike tactics that Valve will sweat enough to start caring much more about their community. Who knows? Might even convince them to make Half Life 3. And even if not, seeing them suffering is enough for me. After Artifact and Auto-Chess and nearly a decade of no games worth a shit from them, I'm not minimally interested in seeing them succeed.

Attached: thumb.png (800x450, 359K)

Enough to make a profit without selling a single copy apparently. Epic paid them by buying their game by hundreds of thousands so it will look good in the reports. Does satisfactory 500k sales comes from consumers or most of it is Epic buying it?

see
Sweeney is giving them out for free.

successful cheating puts you at chairman mao status so the zipperheads will never stop

No. That's a guaranteed way to get an antitrust lawsuit.

So again, you don't actually play PC games and just want Half Life 3.
>I hope games lose mod support and cloud saves and proper regional pricing because muh haf lyfe 3

fffuck you valve

So I'm a brainlet here who never actually bothered with any kikestarter campaign.

CAN they actually be sued?

They've already succeeded
Deal with it

You can't keep doing this "Epic is totally gonna succeed and take away all our games, bros, but also, this is futile and they're only BTFOing themselves and us gamers will never fail for them"
Stick to one narrative.

It doesn't matter what format they used to get the funding, fact is they asked people what platforms they wanted, then told them to fuck off with no refunds. That's blatant false advertising which is illegal in pretty much every single country.

>kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2525512

100 GB available space

Attached: 1550168552010.png (320x320, 87K)

Who gives a shit about Artifact and AutoChess? As long Steam has mod support, regional pricing, cloud save and easy refunds it’s good enough for me

>post yfw not personally invested in the game, and get to watch from a safe distance as all this shitstorm ensues

Attached: 1452197359705.gif (440x248, 246K)

False advertising for a start could be a great reason for case
Also KS policy and rules are not above any's country law, so yeah, really possible

so basically you just want to take chink dick up the ass out of some misplaced sense of spite

Attached: 1559633955017.jpg (327x406, 43K)

I didn't say anything about Epic winning, I said you are a pretend PCfag that doesn't actually play or buy games and only cares about a dead franchise. Some of us actually play more than the Orange Box.

Attached: 1391397583138.gif (250x250, 993K)

It's the best place to be.

Why in the fuck would anyone with half a brain ever think that? If they charge the same prices as before that's an extra 18% in their pockets. No sane company is going to let that slip away.

They can't code for shit. You should've guessed after Shenmue ll

Why would Valve do shit? Epic is just making enemies at this point. Valve just has to wait until people get tired of Epic.

>2030
>Fallout 7 (Simplified Chinese) is $200 and the English localisation is another $50
>no mod support
>cloud saves ETA 2050
>at least I got to give Valve the middle finger

>valve sweat
>after the winter sale catastrophe
If anything, valve's just sitting there laughing their ass off

Attached: rxNfB.jpg (490x554, 37K)

Epic doesn't have a shopping cart. Nothing more needs to be said.

You gotto be the dumbest person i ever seen, no way is Epic trying to get people to support them, they literally pissing people off, so many months and they can't even add in a shopping cart, people getting warning for buying too much game in epic store.
Just how shitty can epic store be?

what kind of strange megatextures are these gooks using

They'd be dumb to not just delay it into early next year at this point. No way it's going to get a look into Christmas competing with those.

>2030
>Fallout 7
Nah, 2030 will be Starfield

>lowering the price
Anybody who believes this is a retard. Price are closely tied to how a product is perceived. If they lower the price except for discounts people will see it as a cheap game and could damage your brand.

Not just spite at Valve, but also at the part of their consumer base that feels threatened by Epic and are being huge Valve drones because they invested all their money on TF2 hats and a Steam library and they want their DRM machine (similar to Epic's) to stay popular. I'm not accusing you of being in that group, by the way, just saying those people definitely exist and that I'd like to see them suffer as well.

Doesn't having a publisher fucks the whole point of kikestarter?

lmao lads.

There are only two companies that have made Valve sweat these past few years.
First is Riot as evidenced by Valve suddenly going into overdrive with their autochess shit.
Second is Microsoft, who's a wolf in sheep's clothing, breathing down Gaben's neck.

Epic is a fucking flea compared to those two.

>you see that planet over there?
>you can't mod it because mod support is on the roadmap for 2035

youtu.be/5HVkRH6eEJQ

The only thing being threatened by epic is the reputations of the companies who accept their bribes.

Fair enough. I have faith people will relent. If not, too bad. But it's worth a shot.

In Japan, the mandatory age of retirement is 60 years old.

>Most Japanese companies require that employees retire upon reaching a specified age. During most of the postwar period, that age was 55. Because government social security payments normally begin at age 60, workers are forced to find reemployment to fill the five-year gap. However, in 1986 the Japanese Diet passed a law to provide various incentives for firms to raise their retirement age to 60. Many Japanese companies raised the retirement age they had set, partly in response to this legislation.

>The current law requires companies to allow employees to work until 65 if they wish. In practice, most companies, trying to keep a lid on labor costs, set a mandatory retirement age at 60, with an option of further five years’ work on reduced pay.

This Shemue fucker creator is alread 61 years old and padding his retirement/

>2035 comes and the """mod support"""" only allows texture replacers

>Second is Microsoft, who's a wolf in sheep's clothing, breathing down Gaben's neck.
Didn't Microsoft and Gabe kiss and makeup after gabe was funding proton shit tho?

>I want people to suffer for buying games
You still have yet to give a single good reason why people should ditch thousands of dollars worth of games just because Dìmǔ Sīwēiní wants more money.

Hi newfag. Dubs other than 00 have been disabled here for a very long time.

What even is the sentiment being expressed here? Am I genuinely supposed to believe that Steam is responsible for creating competition for itself? Are they supposed to pay people to not use their store?

Now THIS post in specific reads like Valve drone seethe. Good. Keep boiling.

What was their excuse? Can't seem to find anything

Sometimes I feel like Gaben pays money to Epic, or to publishers who make exclusivity deal with Epic, to make himself look good.

>investment
It's not an investment and it never was.

That's Microsoft posturing a takeover of the market. Phil's movements are like a spider slowly weaving a hefty web for everyone to fall in.

More like Phil Spencer has had to realize that he needs Valve since the Xbone is getting its ass handed to it by on the console front by the PS4 and Switch and on the PC front by Steam. All those Windows 10 Store exclusive games flopped on the PC.

Attached: 1560681984637.jpg (1753x2480, 995K)

Yup, so you are just being a contrarian for (you)s, got it.
>I demand you move to another store
>why?
>STEAM DRONE STEAM DRONE
Still waiting for a reason. And the 88% cut is a joke because fuck developers that support anti-consumer practices, I don't even want them to get 1% of my money.

>I demand you move to another store
Nice strawman, Valve cuck

I have Steam, GOG Galaxy, and Uplay installed. It is literally not about installing another launcher.

To you, it isn't, which is good. But I've seen faggots crying about it precisely because of that and I hope they keep crying for many more years to come.

>man that says he wants Epic to succeed and Valve to fail insists he isn't an Epic drone
Nice.

You are the same kind of person that has been plaguing Smash threads for a year, white knighting the characters everyone hates for e-popularity. And then when people forget about the character, you panic because you no longer have something to white knight for contrarian points.

I have a 32 character randomly generated password that I only used for egs. It took a week to get notified of new logins.

>EGS would be the best distribution platform option
And it's just 2 days after they've made poll about what versions people would prefer.

Attached: bc6dd3be-5e3e-43fb-9346-a83a714d9e03.png (832x887, 29K)

I want Epic to succeed enough that Valve gets their shit together. Alternatively, I want Epic to succeed enough that people as a whole start shitting on the concept of these DRM launchers to begin with it. All of them. Including Steam. GOG (non-Galaxy) can stay.

I don't give a shit about Smash Brothers and wish you faggots would keep it to one, maybe two, threads at a time. Mods should ban anyone that makes a new Smash thread when there's already one on the catalog.

You're doing a good thing by publicizing this information so they hopefully fix this shit. Don't forget to email them about it, in case you haven't.

>get score for praising the government
>get penalised for criticising the government
Lol what the fuck

>not using the superior EGS as your primary game store in 2019
Kek

I love how delusional you are. I hate DRM too but you act as if it's going to get better and not worse.

>I want Epic to succeed enough that Valve gets their shit together
Epic shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly isn't going to make valve do anything.
> I want Epic to succeed enough that people as a whole start shitting on the concept of these DRM launchers
How the fuck is DRM succeeding going to make people hate DRM you absolute brainlet?

Attached: 1559125613393.jpg (680x813, 56K)

Welcome to China, user

>GOG turning over fucking 4-digit profits
user you are literally living in a magical fantasy land in your head.

Welcome to the rice fields, motherfucker

valve makes all the money the epic store has made so far in one day, solely on hentai games

>Epic shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly isn't going to make valve do anything.
Yeah, again, if that's what they're doing, that's too bad. I don't deny the possibility, but I can tell some of the Valve cucks in this thread are fearing the opposite will happen, and that's why they're so riled up. That's why I see "Remember to not buy this on Epic's launcher guys, pirate it instead" comments on youtube. It's transparent.
>How the fuck is DRM succeeding going to make people hate DRM you absolute brainlet?
Valve cucks crying that their thousands of dollars spent on TF2 hats are worthless if the game isn't on Steam and on Epic's launcher instead.

Not that user, but while I recognize that the epic store is only going to continue as long as they keep dumping fortnite money into it, it seems to be actually spooking Valve day by day. They're pushing their autochess shit out faster than the epic version ( at least on PC), and it releases in open beta next week for PC+Mac+mobile with cross play.

If Epic stops moneyhatting shit though, Valve will go back to lazy faggot mode.

it's not being sold on windows store, you just happen to be able to play it if you subscribe to gamepass :^)
FREE games with your monthly subscription

Serious question.

What's the point of the EGS now when Microsoft is doing some major power moves with their pass?

Not that user, but he's actually right.
tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html
>7.8k

STEAMUSERS BTFO

You obviously don't actually play games at all, why are you pushing for epic so hard? You must be getting paid for this.

I want to believe you're just a contrarian or pretending to be retarded. I really do.

Attached: Dvc6cGUwAAeE3x.jpg (931x910, 83K)

>it seems to be actually spooking Valve day by day. They're pushing their autochess shit out faster than the epic version ( at least on PC), and it releases in open beta next week for PC+Mac+mobile with cross play.

You're a retard.
That's a response to fucking Riot announcing their TFT which is coming out in less than a week right now.

Forcing devs that has bad sales on Epic to put their games on gamepass

You obviously don't actually play games at all
I don't play DOTA 2, CS:GO, Artifact or the Auto-Chess bullshit, no. I played Outer Wilds yesterday and will play it more today.

This. Valve doesn’t acknowledge Epic at all. Epic tried to bait Valve to a drama with them challenging Valve to drop their cut to 12% same as Epic even though it’s unsustainable. Valve ignores them which is a smart move

>if you dont like it you can't even buy a plane ticket and get the fuck out of there
holy shit

Wow. Good on them. That's a lot more than I thought.

>Outer Wilds
Yea Forums already played that.

Nope, just cheat and then praise winnie the pooh and your sin is forgiven

>thumbnail

I never understood the fuss over the Epic Store. Its just a different launcher, big fucking deal.
Too many entitled crybabies are the real problem.

>pirate everything
>never bought anything on these gay stores

Attached: 7.jpg (900x900, 74K)

You're retarded. Nobody cares about the League version, and Riot won't support it properly. The only reason people played League was it went f2p first and if they're not out first in autochess land they have no leverage.

Epic on the other hand bought up rights to Drodo Autochess to spite Valve and Valve is pulling a fortnite to epic's PUBG by having a better product out asap to steal their thunder.

You've been, faggot.

based

>free gym as long as you're not a degenerate
holy shit I want it

Probably nothing. I honestly don't buy their spill about wanting to make a positive change for the industry when their practices are so anti-consumer and brute force. Tracking their history as of recent of relying on predatory business models via Fortnite as well as Tencent becoming a near majority shareholder, I don't buy any of it. Their words come off as noble but their actions come off as pure greed. There's an old saying that the hands of a tyrant around your throat eventually let go, but the one who says what they're doing is for your own good will never relinquish.

I don't play DOTA 2, CS:GO, Artifact or the Auto-Chess either. I pirated Outer Wilds a few days ago and it was pretty meh. But I'm not the one vehemently defending a terrible storefront with anti-consumer practices.

true, the graphics looks like an early ps3 game

>use Steam, GOG, uPlay, Origin, Battlenet, itch.io and Discord
>still get called a Valve Drone because I won't use Epic
I thought Epicfags are against monopolies and exclusives, why do they hate people that use uPlay and Origin and Discord and itch.io and GOG and more?

>people got upset that they won't have promised version for which they paid
no one paid for any specific version, they paid for "windows PC " version.

>sell your soul to save $20 a month
Move to China, user. Embrace the bug inside.

>But I'm not the one vehemently defending a terrible storefront with anti-consumer practices
No, you're the one crying I'm hoping this rattles Valve.

so instead of being a drone you're just a degenerate. got it

>be Epic shill
>have nothing to play but pathetically mediocre exclusives
I love how Metro Exodus was supposed to BTFO us but it ended up being one of the weaker games in the franchise and barely even worth a pirate.

No, I'm the one pointing out that you're legitimately retarded if you think Epic is doing anything other than massing negative PR and scrambling to make their shitheap launcher catch up to GFWL standards.

The game will flop anyway. That’s why they took Epic deal. It looks bad and Yakuza games are better

Steam doesn't scan my entire C:\ and send the data back to any govt organization...

Attached: 1558081461303.png (645x729, 131K)

>$20
Dude the only gym that has stuff for powerlifting costs 70 fucking yuros a month over here.
If a gym's price is that low it's just a sea of pointless cardio machines

>Support a platform that don't even have shopping cart

Attached: 700.jpg (208x326, 10K)

I'm playing The Outer Wilds right now. I dunno, is that on the Epic Store?

Right. If that's the case, that sucks. Still, at worst, this is providing me entertainment with some of the Valve cucks that are sweating, so I'm still glad it's happening.

>game so shit it couldn't even have a day worth of discussions on even Epic shill forums like reddit
Fucking budget weebshit manages to get more discussion.

Wouldn't it be better to just buy used then? They would pay for themselves after a few years.

based

where do you live? i live in an expensive country and get decently equipped gyms for €30

Holy shit what a dumpster fire
>best distribution platform option
i guess it is once epic have filled their pockets.

Attached: 1534997400852.jpg (495x330, 52K)

>Steam is going to get Halo and Gears and Doom
>b-b-but we got outer wilds
Did Epic get the memo that niche indie games aren't system sellers?

Just give the fucking key for the baker's of the Kickstarter for steam

I'm in Tuscany, Italy. It's not like this everywhere in the country, just my province because it's so starved for good gyms so this one holds the monopoly with crazy prices.
There's a total of 5 gyms here but as I said if you want to actually improve your body there's only that one.
That's exactly what I'm planning to do. It's a lot of equipment and it will not come cheap ( everything new should be between 1200€ to 1500€ ) but it's a long term investment. I'll buy used when I can but there's some stuff you simply can NOT buy used like the barbell and the bench.

Literally my only reason to go back to Shenmue was to see if Ryo gets his hands on Lan Di, if they fight, who wins if anybody wins at all, and that's it.
I don't give a fuck about the mirrors and all that bullshit. Now that I know we're not even halfway by counting Shenmue III in, they can fucking die, I don't care anymore.

>stuff for powerlifting
what exactly do you mean by this. olympic benches, squat racks and proper weights? or some obscure stuff i don't know about. because if most gyms around don't have proper racks then that's really weird 2bh

Stop reply to Zhang. He gets 1 social point for every (you)

Can they even do that? Why would Valve allow Deep Silver to use steam keys for transactions that were made via Kickstarter rather than their own services without being able to have the game on their store? Steam gets nothing out of that scenario.

I need
>power rack
>bench
>deadlifting platform
>barbell
>weights to put on barbell

Just the weights are half of the entire price. And no, it's really only that gym that has them. Another one has a smith machine next to the sea of treadmills and nothing else.

i live in norway and i don't think i've ever been to a gym that didn't have racks, benches and barbells+weights. that would just be a waste of a gym 2bh. even girls and old people lift here.

When will the West stop worshipping washed up Kickstarter Jap devs?

Attached: inCollage_20190616_135517989.jpg (1920x1920, 1.5M)

That's how it is here. At one point I contacted a gym on their facebook page asking for that same equipment and they didn't even know what it was.
>we do have dumbbells!! ...and treadmills!

I am deeply amazed there are actually people who's gonna buy this turd..

When they stop watchin ecelebs on youtube and actually spend 5 minutes learning how a game is actually made.

People are doing that, and it’s starting to rattle them

A few things to say.
>You can still get it on Playstation.
>Direct "competition" by Epic forces Valve to get stuff out the door.
Even if you're a hopeless Valve fanboy, you have to admit most of their stuff came out when they were under some pressure.
PS: I don't think Epic is much of a threat. They're killing their brand name. Kickstarter money isn't always enough to fund a game's development, especially under R&D and porting uncertainty.

It's also about people who paid for a Steam key and aren't getting what they paid for with no refund.

>Valve needs a fucking fire under their ass like nothing else.
Why?

Yeah the consumers are fucked but I am guessing that Valve never got a cut of their money because the purchase was made through Kickstarter in which case there is no incentive for Valve to cooperate by letting backers redeem steam codes. Why would they help Deep Silver dig themselves out of this hole without any benefit to themeselves?

Most of their games shipped when that was the scenario. Otherwise, they aren't critical enough of themselves to improve how internally they get nothing done outside of updates to already shipped products.

It forces them to fix stuff rather than "we're perfect :)"

Because they're losing market due to not doing anything.
>Hardware
Flop
>TF2
On life support
>HL
AWOL
>CS:GO
Not even made by Valve
>Artifact
Total flop

They just cancel projects all the time and then mess around until they cancel another project. The company hasn't done fuck all for anything and their steam store SEVERELY lacks curation so it's nothing but shite and often very overpriced for what isn't.

If you -really- don't think Valve needs a fire lit under their ass I ask you: WHY?!

What is there to be fixed?

Why is it your concern if their projects don't finish?

>uhh guys which digital distribution platform do you prefer
>steam
>righto, we've concluded that egs is the best option for our consumers

Attached: egs.gif (400x209, 828K)

>store SEVERELY lacks curation
How brainwashed are the people who say this? It's literally ''please think for me, company''

>Why is it your concern if their projects don't finish?
If they don't finish projects they don't have a project TO SELL.
People had good feelings towards Valve because of the games, the PROJECTS they released Half-Life, Portal, etc. They aren't releasing games anymore. All they work on is their store front or putting effort towards cancelled projects. No one has any good feelings toward a fucking store front. It's what's behind the store that makes you want to use it.

But who was phone?

>Why is it your concern if their projects don't finish?
What do you mean by this question

My "concern"? Like what do you mean? Are you implying it's not my fucking business or some shit? Like I shouldn't think negatively of a company that isn't making its primary product anymore?
>>>>>>>/resetera/

>Isn't making primary product
>Defends epic even though Unreal is dead
Kill yourself chink

>resetera
>supporting steam
Fuck off

>If they don't finish projects they don't have a project TO SELL.
So?

>What is there to be fixed?
From our view, the most ballsy thing Valve did in recent years was experimental bull crap monetization models. We want a new HL, new Portal, new L4D. IPs that may never see the light of day because they're risky. Not cash-cow enough. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a while, but out of their huge silence, the two games we hear from them are trendy cash cows.

From the views of people who worked at Valve, read reviews. Not critical enough to get their butts moving as a whole, internal politics, and a habit to shelve projects all the time. They need to take themselves seriously.

>epic shills coming out of the woodwork
every fucking time

Why do you think you're entitled to those projects?
Do you think Valve owes you?

>often very overpriced for what isn't
absolute mongoloid, developers/studios set the price themselves, not Valve and they could not care less if projects like Artifact and Dota Underlords go down the shitter because they know they have the strongest PC storefront on the market with an absurd growth in Asia in recent years.

>people wanting epic to shake valve's foundation
>actually supporting bribery

Tienanman Square Massacre

Are you mentally deficient? That's how you push a store front. Exclusives. The most upfront way is to make them yourself. The second best way is to fund development entirely by yourself outsourced to another studio.

One of the worst ways is to bribe publishers since you don't have enough faith in your own dev team to make something that sticks. Cough, cough.

They aren't entitled to my money if they have nothing to sell :v In addition, if they don't give their storefront some unique value (whether it be through fist-party games or functionality), someone else more competent than Epic will eat their lunch.

Never said I'm entitled to those games. But that's part of what people gives faith to a company's logo. Which doesn't mean much anymore outside of maybe VR enthusiasts, and potentially a few years from now, mobile players (DOTA Underworlds, Artifact relaunch). People want the Valve they remember back. They aren't entitled to it, but all the same Valve aren't entitled to having these people to come back to using Steam at a point.

This pressure will force them to improve their brand in comparison, and offer what they were playing dumb about. "yeah, HL3 is still happening"

>I'm cheering for Epic to rattle Valve a bit, at least.
take an iq test and get disability benefits

So both Valve and Epic.

>if they don't give their storefront some unique value
Are you saying Steam doesn't have it? Your post is very confusing. You're implying Steam is some new thing.
Also implying nobody knows Valve from Dota and CS:GO, two of the most popular PC games right now

Valve doesn't bribe publishers for exclusives. Games are exclusive on Steam often because there aren't many competent direct competitors.

It's not that Valve has little faith in their dev team, it's their dev team can't get crap done. Shelved into obscurity, rather than eating crap to get a game done.

I'm saying that if not Epic Games, someone will take a proper hit on Valve, and this is a decent wake up call. I'd also go as far to say there isn't much overlap between DOTA and the rest of Valve's fanbases. Also, CSGO came out 7 years ago. Take a trip to any Valve fanbase website, channel, or Discord and notice how incredibly bitter the tone is.
>the internet isn't representative-
Talk to any Half-Life fan.

I have seen no one here use that logic

>ITT: Valvecucks literally seething
I domt care if Epic fails in the long run, but seeing steamfags mad like this is a sight to behold

Everyone wants Valve to wake up and actually make games. Epic's way is just so fucking stupid that it's actually disgusting how they get away with blatant bribery.

Agreed.
My whole point is Valve has to knock them out the way they knew how. And they're pressured to bring that Valve back, rather than following trends, sitting on their butts, and saying "we're a perfect self organizing company".

One way or another, regardless of what you think of Epic, they have to get crap done if they want to eat their market share. Plenty of people care not at all, and will buy into Epic's trash heap, if not take their money to PlayStation.

Why do you believe Valve will fix Steam by making their own games? How mentally deficient are you?
>hey stop taking these exclusivity deals worth millions we made this new game you profit nothing from
>Also, CSGO came out 7 years ago
So?
>I'd also go as far to say there isn't much overlap between DOTA and the rest of Valve's fanbases
There doesn't have to be, we're talking Valve as a whole.

I assume even most in the shitposting have no stake in this game, they are either for Steam or Epic but they have no care for the game.

It’s weird because this kind of shit is usually a sjw vs pol tier shitposting and yet here people are, throw shit at each other over using two free store booters

How much did Epic bribe Deep Silver and Ysnet for? It needed to have been enough to fund Shenmue 4 or something, goddamn.
Also why are we 3 games in and not even halfway through the plot? Its time to start trimming out the fat.

Yes which is why Kickstarter is a scam, if they don’t self publish they are just taking your money and hope you are to dumb to stop it

>Deep Silver
By this point it's just taking the Epic cock.

I dont much care for Epic but the idea of
>dont have funding
>get kickstarter money to fund you to hell and back with THE biggest kickstarter amount ever produced
>make well over your estimates
>take a publishing/exclusivty deal for more money
What the fuck is this shit, watch it be shit too and everyone will blame Epic for its failure when they were doing money grubbing shit like this. Remember, they wanted Shenmue to be a series with-I quote-16 games telling the whole story, at one point there was a Shenmue MMO in the works. This is going to be a fucking disaster and I feel bad for people who are too invested in what was originally a leap forward in videogames, but is now just standard fare for every game, Shenmue as a series was a product of its time, it does not hold up. Its like small scale boring Yakuza.

I'm sure they'll be fine, people who support kickstarters to begin with are idiots with money to waste and short memories.

if epic is making this a litmus test, they will use chink money and bots to buy copies to make it look good. I truly believe they would do that.

They’re trying their absolute best not to give steam keys as promised lmao

Exclusives are the value of the storefront.
>hey stop taking these exclusivity deals worth millions we made this new game you profit nothing from
Yep. Fight raw greed by actually being competent in comparison. That's how they've been playing so far. Incentivizing "exclusives" by offering tools to help develop your game. (Steam VR, Steam Input, Networking stuff). And as well, make games, and get them out the door.
>There doesn't have to be, we're talking Valve as a whole.
Alright. They're free to loose a good portion of their market share chasing the mobile China bux. I don't need to tell you why that's not the best idea. Alienating your core demographic in favor of quick money from a market that can choose to kill you off next Tuesday.

I'm not saying that's all Valve has been making. But that's all they got out the door in terms of new games within the past 7 years.

>Also why are we 3 games in and not even halfway through the plot? Its time to start trimming out the fat.
The creator wanted the whole story told in 16 games before dreamcast died

shenmue was a flop on flopped system (dreamcast) and will be a flop on a flopped platform now.

That said, I loved my dc and all my pirated games.

Reminds me of how The Amazing Spiderman was meant to have 13 sequels. There's planning ahead, then there's being cocky.

if they want a better deal, why dont all these companies become GoG exclusives? That is a platform I would actually support.

But nope, its all smoke and mirrors for them to cash in. I hope it crashes.

Why US are somehow ok with Steam (CIA)
but not ok with Epic (china)?
Your data is pretty useless for China. But very useful for CIA.

Attached: 1560447812034.png (300x600, 27K)

>and will be a flop on a flopped platform now.
I know you're referring to Epic, but I mean, it's still on PlayStation.

lel

At least we get spied on by our own country

>Implying that he's still wrong
Top kek

They already did that with Satisfactory. They said they sold exactly 507,374 copies. And there was a tweet from SNK where offered to pre-order copies of their new game. twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/1139027757122277376

I don't care and will play it.eithier way. I have no idea why people want shenmue 3 to fail, how fucking cruel can you be?

Attached: 1560516489314.png (859x708, 231K)

I don't give a fuck about disgusting pc fats. Play on console you smelly neckbeards

>Exclusives are the value of the storefront.
Yes, if you're making a new storefront. Steam isn't new.
>Alienating your core demographic
I thought they already did that in the past 10 years and it seems to have worked out quite well.

Publishers hate GOG for obvious reasons. You say this as the push for Stadia and XCloud has been a thing.
>Insert large nerd-rage over sales figures

Because Steam was there first and all their games are on Steam
It’s like WoW, none of those fags play it becuase they enjoy it, otherwise WoW clones would be everywhere. They play it because thats all they have done for 10+ years and they can’t invest in new things at such an old age.

You're not a valvefag, but you're a complete corporate drone instead.

Because the devs are clearing taking a shit on all their fans? The least they could do is offer a refund like all the other devs did who took the epic jew pill
Have some backbone and boycott that shit.

>Yes, if you're making a new storefront. Steam isn't new.
They're literally pulling games off of Steam. What point does a launcher have if the games you want aren't on them? I have zero sentimental value for a game launcher.
>Alienating your core demographic
>I thought they already did that in the past 10 years and it seems to have worked out quite well.
In the long term? I don't know about that.

But want Shemy to be in my Steam count of all the games I own

i play fortnite and don't even see the epic launcher unless its downloading an update. ya'll a bunch of babies

This is the truth. Everything else is a lie to cpver the fact people don't want to change their comfort zone

I honestly can relate a little. Having 10 years badge on Steam makes me "nostalgic". But this trend "every game/company has own store and launcher" is very annoying. Can imagine thousand launchers and stores in 2025

More people use Steam than have played a Valve game by orders of magnitude. Honestly Valve would probably be better off never making a video game again, their last couple attempts have just made them look bad. Besides, if you'll forgive the food analogy, no one chooses their grocery store based on which one has the best store-brand bread, they pick their grocery store based on which one gives them the best service for the best price. I don't conceive of any compelling reason this should be any different.

So did everyone forget how Shitty Gabe and Steam have been over the last decade?

He wanted 7 games, not 16, and they weren't all going to be on the Dreamcast.

How does it fucking work, retard.

When you want to buy a game do you purposely avoid Steam because Valve hasn't been developing a good game for years ? Why would it matter ?

>They're literally pulling games off of Steam. What point does a launcher have if the games you want aren't on them? I have zero sentimental value for a game launcher.
Notice how Epic doesn't make games either? Well turns out your point is moot
>In the long term?
Yes? How many times must someone tell you that HL3 is never coming for you to understand this?
There's a new core demographic, has been for the past decade or so.

>their steam store SEVERELY lacks curation
>literally a lot of people curating for steam if you look

Its really not that big of a deal though.

No one wants to download yet another video game launcher, let alone one with very predatory tactics like epic

I get that, but there's the threat that taking the biggest titles for themselves will get people to spend money else where one way or another.
>Game's not on Steam so I get it on Epic (Worst case scenario: Epic over takes Steam)
>Game's not on Steam so I get it on PS4 (Steam looses profits)
Either way, that's pressure.
>Notice how Epic doesn't make games either?
This literally all happened from the VBucks they got from Fortnite. In fact, that's their push for their storefront.

>Since exclusivity, Valve stays quiet
>EGS meawhile " fucking senpai, notice me!!! "

Attached: e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43--funny-emoticons-ugly-faces.jpg (390x470, 43K)

Still very ambitious, considering stories in games usually get told in 3 at most.

Even Phoenix Point offered refunds to backers unhappy with their abrupt decision to delay Steam keys in favor of Epic exclusivity for a year

>This literally all happened from the VBucks they got from Fortnite. In fact, that's their push for their storefront.
Yes, but where are the games? Oh wait, you don't need to make them, you just buy them.
Which is what Valve will do as well.

Epic shills should go back in the late 1700s and tell the french "It's just another monarchy!"

Attached: 1557680661694.jpg (400x382, 33K)

Epic can't overtake Steam unless they get a big push from the Japanese side of the industry

The Shenmue games were a product of their time, and were truely amazing at the time, but we have move forward and past what Shenmue was trying to achieve. I want it to fail because this is nostalgia at its worst. Fondness for these games are based solely on that you played them during a time when other games looked like shit and werent pushing gameplay, we have far moved past that era.

>steam lacks curation
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING VALVE
>EGS doesnt even shopping cart
>cool
shills are truly faithful to EGS in retard way

Attached: 1473208983627.jpg (478x484, 20K)

You'd think THQ Nordic would have called them out.

I thought it was 16 chapters. Even then it I thought it was shortened to 11 chapters and it still must be asked, why not just make a manga with a late 90s or 2000s era artstyle at that point

>thread about how epic exclusivity was a poor choice and betrayal to people who already paid
>"hur this is gud becuz steam peepl will maybe use more lawnchair!"
what the fuck retard camp did you escape from

>their steam store SEVERELY lacks curation
Literally an excuse to not advertise by yourself
In order to be noticed in the first place you have to advertise yourself, notice that stores curate the most popular products

Lets be honest here. Ryo is not a very compelling character, none of the cast are. Its story about a guy trying to find his fathers murderer. You do not need more than 3 games to tell such a simple story, how much fucking padding do you need to stretch that out. Weve had 2 games and barely any revelation. Shit, dont you only see the main antagonist at the end of each game where he comically takes off in a helicopter? This is not some fine art narrative storytelling, you dont need that many games to tell a tight simple story.

>Which is what Valve will do as well.
I don't think so. As I said before, Valve's method for getting exclusives seem more honest.
>Make games
>Offer APIs to make games easier to make
Meanwhile, Epic's route isn't sustainable.
Agreed to an extent. Most of Epic's exclusives come across to me as "AAA E3 noise" that gets filtered out. But I don't think the sheer virtue of "western exclusives vs japanese exclusives" mean much.

To emphasize, I don't see Epic as a real threat. All I'm saying is that their "competition" is enough to put pressure under Valve to improve their brand name by making games that get under people's radar rather than being a bootleg "HiRez". That was my original point.

Speaking of that, curation in and of itself can actually harm the storefront depending on how it's designed and what it's used for. The Oculus Quest is pointlessly picky about curation.
How many good VR games come to mind? Now filter that. Now that's thinking like a Facebook.

I agree Valve hasn't been doing much for their brand, but the lack of curation is their strength. Now if only they could be more consistent about it :v

He seems to treat storytelling like it's similar to how a book series or tv show does it.

>The Epic Games Store is a quality product
>It's something that's really going to give Steam some competition

Attached: 1557869205921.png (472x182, 23K)

The problem is that unless Epic buys exclusives forever, they don't make repeat customers. Valve won't feel any pressure until you can buy a game on Steam or the Epic Store, and a significant portion of customers choose the latter, which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future.

>As I said before, Valve's method for getting exclusives seem more honest.
They have never gotten exclusives.

>Exclusives are the value of the storefront.
this is the dumbest statement yet
>its okay if people get flagged for fraud buying multiple games if the games are good exclusives

I am so glad i didnt back this right now

Yeah, Yu treats it like a manga series. Truthfully though he does not at all need to take this much time telling this story

>hope
these guys are like 30+ year veterans of the industry. they know exactly how stupid gamers are and kickstarter itself is a filter to make sure that only the harmless retards get through

What's keeping Epic from adding a shopping cart or customer reviews or anything that Steam already has?

kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2536393

>We want to make sure that the Backers are aware that we are listening to their concerns. We kindly ask all our fans to have some patience, we are currently at E3 demoing the game and need to get back to our respective offices to assess the situation and together find a way forward to justify the trust you placed in us.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA WOW
They fucking panicking so hard. Those comments tho.
Do you think they understand that they've committed suicide?
>publisher don't want them now
>with current event no one will ever fund your KS now
>sony doesn't care too

RIP 11 games

Attached: 1560177583598.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>Steam has exclusives
>their "competition" is enough to put pressure under Valve to improve their brand name by making games
No, Valve will keep doing its own thing at its own pace not caring what Epic does because it's working out for them and the studios that continue putting their games on Steam

Valve has been growing their presence in Asia immensely and Steam being as open as a platform as it could be allows developers to distribute their game globally without a high barrier of entry. I do agree though with their inconsistency when it comes to what is allowed and what isn't right now, but the fact that adult games have and are coming to Steam without needing an external 18+ patch is a big step.

Attached: file.png (1270x644, 461K)

it never ends
>we have to manually reach into the server and flip 1's and 0's with a magnetized needle
>this is in no way pathetic and stupid but rather speaks to our work ethic, right?

Yeah but it's the principle of the thing, you sold something to your fans, and you changed it later, the very least you could do is offer a refund.

>>publisher don't want them now
The publisher was most likely the entity that got the exclusivity deal in the first place. Deep Silver was the publisher for Metro Exodus too

Their team lacks the resources, manpower, and/or experience to add those features to an already live service. Except the shopping cart, I don't know why that isn't in there yet.

Valve also didnt make Autochess retard

What's CIS between Russia and Ukraine?

They did that only because Ys wasted all their and KS money already. Ys had no choice at this point, either accept deal or DS just throwing them off

Good point.
Missing the point entirely. "exclusives". Why on earth would you release a Steam VR game on Epic Games Store? Or a multiplayer game utilizing Valve's servers? Steam Workshop emphasis?
You can still screw it up. But do tell why people started to use Steam.
You have a point here about Valve gaining market share outside of the US. But that's still not a market they'd want to loose in favor of empty promises. They'd want to make sure they keep that market.

>Ys had no choice at this point, either accept deal or DS just throwing them off

You're acting like Ys was the ones actually accepting the deal. Deep Silver was their publisher, they did whatever Deep Silver wanted them to do

They're honestly just really stupid.
This could have been avoided by sending out steam keys, then making it exclusive for new customers.
Epic Store exclusivity allows for Steam versions to exist, see Metro Exodus and its steam preorders.
This is how you avoid liability.

But instead they ignored that avenue and thought it would be cool to just deprive their customers of what they paid for.
Really stupid. Their legal team should be fired.

>But do tell why people started to use Steam.

Convenience that comes with a digital storefront, as well as the feature set that Valve had constantly added to over the years like universal controller support, cloud saves, Workshop, and Proton for those people on Linux?

And you might understand that not all companies can be forced into that deal by DS

Nah, it was selling people on installing their launcher through Half-Life and Counter-Strike, despite heavy push back from their user base.
Also
>universal controller support, cloud saves, Workshop, and Proton for those people on Linux?
>started

Look what happened to metro

They sealed their fate the moment they took Deep Silver. I cannot think a publisher more hated than Deep Silver.

Might reread again what I've wrote

If Steam generates codes to be sold on say the humble store, does Steam get a cut of that sale?

in my case their matchmaking and friend stuff. loads easier to deal with than manually opening ports on my router to get a factorio server working

on steam it's right click-join game.

>Valve sweat
>The Microsoft catalog just falls on Steam's lap

>the entirety of steams userbase joined 12 years ago
no, dude, thats not right at all. they started by offering THEIR games using THEIR matchmaking shit using friends lists on THEIR platform. plenty of people came for sales and mods way later

why are you so insistent that 2019 epic is competing with 2007 steam

>Nah, it was selling people on installing their launcher through Half-Life and Counter-Strike

So you're telling me a majority of Steam's userbase just started using it when Steam first launched? We already know that Steam's peak concurrent users has goddamn tripled since 2012
statista.com/statistics/308330/number-stream-users/

I mean when Steam was brand new and had a lot of push back. I mean, I'm not fond of Epic, but my point is that people use these launchers for games, and even if you don't use the Epic Games store, that's one sale less off of Steam.
Missing the point! I mean when they were starting to get a foot hold. You know, the whole reason why Epic Games has any pressure (spoiler: not the foothold they have today)
>why are you so insistent that 2019 epic is competing with 2007 steaml get anywhere, however.
I'm not though. I'm saying Valve may feel pressure due to Epic's potential to eat market share. Much like you said, not day one.

>in the long term
In the long term we all fucking die.

Attached: B20F5847-CBC0-4960-8678-82A91F8B5FF0.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

go back to your subreddit

Anyone else think they should have went for that Dreamcast type of look the other two games had instead? Even if it meant the graphics are inferior who cares? They said this is for the fans first and foremost. The game looks alright but a bit soulless desu due to the graphics. They nailed everything else about it but the look just feels wrong.

Just hire more people. Problem solved

>and even if you don't use the Epic Games store, that's one sale less off of Steam.

Why should I give a shit about your moronic fight against Steam? They provide a good service with features I like

>Their team lacks the resources, manpower, and/or experience to add those features to an already live service.
>Epic, the company that makes billions a month on Fortnite
We call this incompetence

Anyone who actually cares about competition should be looking at the recent moves of GOG who are seriously overhauling their launcher with a lot of extra functionality. Epic can't even match the basic functionality of an online store from 1999 with the lack of a shopping cart.

Considering Suzuki wants to put out more Shenmue games after this one, sticking to the Dreamcast aesthetic would have been a much smarter move. A small minority of people may have been upset but he wouldn't have had to pull all this jew shit just to get one game out the fucking door at least.

It was never a fight against Steam. I clarified my point multiple times, but you dinguses never listen. I'll repeat it a 3rd time.
>Valve will feel pressure from Epic and that will incentivize them to get crap done.
I swear it's like a politics thread with you peeps. Also, that point is backed up by reality. DOTA Underworlds was made in like 4 months, while Artifact took like 3 years. They feel pressure from that Auto Chess exclusivity deal. My whole point, but you guys turn it into Epic vs Valve.

>>Valve will feel pressure from Epic and that will incentivize them to get crap done.

No they won't, since the only way Epic is 'competing' is by buying exclusivity. No amount of added feature sets suddenly will make Epic unable to continue to buy exclusive. The only way to actually fight something like that is to actually buy exclusivity yourself and that's would be a stupid thing for customers to hope for

China's credit system seems like a black and white video game morality meter.

just watch the e3 trailer
game looked like a fucking alpha
no way they are going to release it this year

>literally the example I just mentioned
okay

To give Epic an inch, people with experience in developing an international distribution platform don't grow on trees, regardless of how many billions of dollars you have.

>They feel pressure from that Auto Chess exclusivity deal.

Valve trademarked Dota Underlords well before the announcement of Epic's Autochess exclusive

>people with experience in developing an international distribution platform don't grow on trees, regardless of how many billions of dollars you have.

I mean even the most basic-ass storefront can make a shopping cart. Online stores in the 90s had that shit

analogies don't apply to everything

Valve knows a lot of stuff before we do.
In addition, even if they didn't, it pressures them to release it in a timely fashion, as opposed to developing for 5 years, then scrapping it in Valve fashion.
The game is rumored to be making a full release in 1 week.

Yeah, they can't buy exclusives left and right, but that usually does nothing but anger their very own customers. No one wants this timed exclusive Xbox crap on PC.
Analogy?

Attached: 1549975961599.jpg (594x600, 152K)

there's a vast difference between competing for exclusives and competing with similar games
and yet again the solution to the former is to buy exclusives of their own

Chung ching Tiananmen square massacre

>the solution to the former is to buy exclusives of their own
If we're talking about what-ifs, your guess is as good as mine. Your point holds more weight if it holds true.
I don't think that's how they roll, tho.

Play it day one on PS4 without Chinkware.

Attached: Players.jpg (1971x900, 471K)

the point was that your example is worthless
there is no other way to beat bought exclusives

The EGS team is incredibly barebones, with a vast majority of their programmers dedicated to keeping up Fortnite's completely ludicrous update pace.

Also remember that games are still added manually, probably because they don't have time to program in something automatic. So you have a skeleton crew in charge of uploading games onto the store, making sure the store is functioning, AND adding new features to the store. So nothing's getting done because they just don't have enough time or skilled staff to do it.

Its biggest period of growth was the second or third year of steam sales

We'll see. Still just predictions on both our ends.
see

>What is a "google"?

Based.

Attached: 1517574112468.png (308x326, 158K)

Actually it was the summer mega sale. And yeah it was a disaster. Paradox and Klei were pissed.

>steam is the only other launcher
I buy off GoG if I can, fuck steam but fuck the Chinese malware launcher more

I'm so glad I'm not attached to this clusterfuck of a series.

History repeats itself on kickstarter and especially when it's run by some "developer of a classic". Mighty number 9 should have been the cautionary take but people will continue to fall for it every time.

Attached: images.jpg (205x246, 4K)

>trusting chinks
Not. Even. Once.

Did you even read the post or did you just decide to paste your shill posts and call it a day?

The most likely answer is that Epic vastly underestimated how hard it is to run a storefront, and now they're in a death spiral of "no one can patch the hole because everyone's busy bailing water." Still, I dream of a day where we find out one of Epic's exclusivity deals accidentally contractually obligates them to not implement a shopping cart or some retarded shit like that.

Welcome to trickle down economics. You learned in a moment what Americans still haven't comprehended.

Attached: 1334165219552.jpg (500x389, 41K)

Why would it cause people to wane from Valve? This most especially, let alone the other controversies, does nothing to make people want to use Epic over Valve. It puts forth no benefit, only a negative. Games on as many platforms as possible is a boon for the consumer, exclusivity is a net loss for the consumer.

To wane people off of Valve, Epic actually has to do things that benefit the consumer in some way. If the only thing they've EVER done was the Epic Sale they'd have a positive reputation, but instead it's a tiny grain of sand compared the vast mountain range of things the service has done to piss of gamers around the world, especially those 'prime' countries who may use payment methods that Epic pushes processing fees onto the consumer for, instead of eating those processing fees themselves like Steam does. One among many, many ways in which the Epic Store screws over consumers in the name of benefiting Publishers.

Attached: 1540449095692.gif (680x759, 2.44M)

The game is going to be shit so honestly it's irrelevant. Back then I was even surprised it would come out on PC since it was announced on Sony's E3.

To be honest I don't even think this game will ship this year and if it does, it will be a buggy mess.

>""gamers"" get upset
this is inevitable and thusfore should be ignored. they will always find something to cry about. their favourite wtore not carrying a game is a fairly small slight. also
this. don't pre-order retards.
fpbp.

The sad part is some of the shit on their roadmap shouldn't even be that hard, or take THAT long to implement. No to keep rehashing the shopping cart thing(but I will because jesus christ how do you fuck up something this simple?), but I know a few guys who could put together a completely basic shopping cart in a week at the absolute most. That Epic has it at 6+ FUCKING MONTHSnot counting the constant delays is completely embarrassing.

>This could have been avoided by sending out steam keys, then making it exclusive for new customers.
Why would Steam accept to give out keys for a game not sold on their store?

>they will always find something to cry about.
>Don't try to hold companies accountable for promises they made
Based boot licker

The amount of chinese slave labor shitposting on this board is amazing. Is this what all of those muslim reeducation camps are doing with their prisoners?

How does any of this benefit the SHENMUE FANS. Not Valve, not Epic. The consumer?

Kickstarter is not a preorder. Yeah it sucks but no you can't sue them.
>well judge this offer came up and it benefited production of the game, and anyone with Steam can also have Epic, so no product was being denied
The law isn't going to give a fuck which internet game shop tube they use.
Also they're never going to make another game again so why would they care about their reputation?

Oh, Shenmue fans are screwed.
Which is no wonder this thread is 90% offtopic. There's not much to say.

the $88 AUD includes tax. It seems the pricing is more to make games as cheap for North Americans as they are for euros and the likes. Not to give them further discounts. which is alright with me I am tired of people whining in these threads that Epic actually making games cheaper doesn't count because it doesn't apply to their region which already has discounts. Though yeah it should be like $80AUD. must be some fees or shit in Australia. Epic doesn't like passing your costs onto Americans/Leafs.

>Make a game for customers to buy and play and enjoy
>Put it on a platform the customers hate so they won't play the game you worked so hard on
>Still try to justify it as the best decision because you got paid enough money to make up for the lost sales
You'd think they would prioritize getting the game out to where the consumers want to buy it so they can enjoy the fruit of their labors, but nope, instead put it on a store most people avoid like the plague.

Good, deep, thought provoking post.

Shills are paid by the post, not content.

All shenmue have already killed themselves.

>most people
Most people don't give half a fuck what storefront a game is on. Should they? Maybe. But people should care where their meat comes from but they just buy whatever's on the shelf. Most consumers don't give the shit you think they do.

But they did have a slacker backer campaign which effectively is a pre-order which isn't directly run through Kickstarter. It also promises people who participated in the slacker backer campaign an option for a copy from Steam

>no you cant sue them
They made a promise in their campaign, if they didn't deliver on that process, and someone gets enough of a bug up their butt - combined with the money to put into the legal fees . . . yeah, they can sue. Would they win? That's for the courts to decide. The reality is precedent has yet to be properly set for situations like this. Can't sue is very different from, "no one really knows what would happen if someone got serious about this"

The reality is, most companies don't want to know. That's why most situations like this haven't gone to court, but instead got settled out of sight and mind. Settlements in the background are very common when a company, quite simply, doesn't want to know, and the suing party, quite simply, just want the money. No precedent set.

I guarantee if you look through the fine print long enough you're going to find a "we can change this at any time" clause.

just wait till games come out, and then don't buy them because they all triggered you somehow. If something as simple as changing the digital store that carries a game upsets you so gravely. maybe don't pre-order so early in development? games are subject to change. Just buy it when it is out of you want. buy games not promises.

So we agreed it was Deep silver's fault right?

Their roadmap has them completing cloud saves and mod support before a shopping cart, which is what leads me to believe there's some reason beyond not having the time or expertise. I don't think there's a level of incompetence that exists where they could make a functional store, and think they can get cloud servers working, but a shopping cart is just too much.

They made the new rip-off.

>Most people don't give half a fuck what storefront a game is on.
Uhh...
youtube.com/watch?v=LMyFpzi40jg

This kind of reaction doesn't come from videos relating to GOG, Uplay or Origin

Attached: Epic Games Store.jpg (869x650, 66K)

companies have been sued for less

>>no you cant sue them
>They made a promise in their campaign, if they
they didn't. it is all subject to change during development. they aren't stupid. this is basically a AAA game made by suits. they wouldn't launch a Kickstarter if changing anything during development meant you get sued. that would be ridiculous and unrealistic. they fully intended a steam release when you donated them money with no strings attached.

The game dev studio of value has long been dismissed and dead. Any HL that came out would be 100% shit and pale to fan continuations of the story.

In this particular case, no. As I understand it they never promised it would be on steam. Just on PC. Mighty No.9 had more failures and got off scoot free.

Why don't we square things off here?

youtube.com/watch?v=KrYGiwhOuBo

You are unironically correct about preorders and the mouthbreathers who do so deserve everything they get. However, this case is different, because the money went into supporting the game, and the creators promised steam keys as repayment for the support. Now these supporters are getting shafted with malware

You're trying to punish a kid that stole a pie by letting him hang out and learn with an serial killer.

I mean, the most normie of media in general gives Epic crap. Part of it is bandwagoning, part of it is they haven't been handling their business well in terms of direct competition.

Reminder people are more likely to get Shenmue on Playstation than PC, even more so now. I don't know about you, but I'd trust a purchase more on Playstation than Epic. I don't undestand this point "the only people that don't like Epic are Yea Forums nerds lol". It's literally everywhere, with the same arguments in circles. Same shills, same fanboys. Same waste of time, everywhere you go.

That's why I'm here to announce Project XChat. Where you can chat with gamers anywhere, and discuss those anti consumer practices with everyone, all through the cloud.

>Chink bootlickers still willfully ignore the promise made by devs to hand out steam keys

I don't give a fuck about Shenmue fans lmfao
Your games were always shit and there's no reason whatsoever to ever have been excited for a third game. The fact that the dude wants to make 11 of them is hilarious, considering he was extremely lucky to even make 3.
Anyways, either you play on the Epic Launcher or you pirate despite having bought it. Do whatever you want.

This isn't quite true. Most people, statistically, stick to one thing. It's not particularly good for them, but the majority of people tend to put all their eggs in one basket, despite the idea that you shouldn't being prevalent and repeated throughout their lives. Likely one of the reasons the majority of people are also rarely successful in life.

Anyways, you're technically right about them not caring, in majority, which store they use - but wrong in the sense of what it means. People tend to stick to what they know. If they start out with the Epic Store, they'll likely stick to it. If they start out with Steam, they'll likely stick to it. Even exclusives don't show much success in actually moving people over to other platforms, see the console industry - most people don't own all the consoles.

This is partially an issue with how the majority of people think and live, but it's also an issue of the middle to low income homes only having so much money to spread around (when it comes to consoles) but more of a, "living how they know" issue when it comes to digital stores. Though in terms of Steam or Epic, you're, for now, far more likely to see people using their phone's native store than anything else. Like or dislike mobile games, I certainly do, but that market is huge . . . and you'll see people stick to the store their phone uses up front. They aren't likely to go out and buy a phone model that uses the apple store if they've got years of content on the google store, and so on.

>make fucking steam page about game
>send backers emails saying that they will get a steam key
they can totally be sued for false advertisements

Fuck you, fuck Epic, fuck China.
Tiananmen Square.

Attached: tiananmen.jpg (750x1000, 229K)

>mfw I backed this shitshow for $30 years ago
I feel so ripped off.

Attached: 1547405017437.gif (768x478, 90K)

>this kind reaction
>only 22,000 dislikes
how many people do you think play on PC user?
he didn't say more people stan steam than stan Epic. he said most people do not give a fuck it is true. let's pretend all of those people would actually not buy a game on egs (they totally would for the most part I bet if they had to)
That is a small drop in the pond. you forget valve drones actively post in these threads all day scream on Reddit and twitter, seek out videos to dislike bomb etc. While most people simply do not give a fuck. stop. confusing vocal minority with majority. screaming louder doesn't make the group bigger.

>Ubi pranked Epic
Oh lawd, besides you need to be a retard to buy an ubisoft game outside uplay

Deep Silver put itself on the permanent pirate list, doesn't really matter what they do at this point.

Attached: adventures of.png (720x890, 546K)

epic shills out on full force today
it looks like tim is paying them overtime since they work on fucking sunday

>valve drones

Weird how all these 'Valve drones' have no problem with GOG, Origin or Uplay

>. However, this case is different, because the money went into supporting the game
that is every purchase pre-order or otherwise. this is one of the dumbest fucking Kickstarters I had ever seen. it was a game announced at a major conference by a major publisher. it would be fucking made, even if they didn't ask for free money to "test interest" this is a bigger scam then any. I have less respect for you if you pre-ordered shenmue then I do if you fucking pre-orderd watchdogs super duper edition.
> and the creators promised steam keys as repayment for the support.
Now these supporters are getting shafted with malware
EGS didn't exist at the time. it is fine. it launches games. stop being a melodramatic faggot.

This isnt a timed exclusive like metro exodus

i am not particularly knowledge about the launcher war, I don't know the congative dissonance involved. Call them "valve drones" "anto egs shills" "retards" was never my point had nothing to do with what title you fucksticks identity with.

ssshhhh
>pic related describes half this thread
I also love the whole "only nerds care, it will sell millions" angle. Not once has this blown up in anyone's face, nu-uh. Make sure you buy from the Epic Games Store. You don't want to be a virgin nerd, do you?

Every single time.

Attached: e7a.jpg (680x335, 43K)

>b-but its just a store/launcher
by using their launcher you are endorsing epic and this kind of behavior
if you use their store you're also giving them money to buy more exclusives

Yeah nah, it's easier to bride indie devs and publishers to not put their trash on steam

I'm willing to bet it's a mix of what the other 2 anons said along with the fact that they probably already spent all the money and refuse to give a dime back. This is literally another case of people trusting a dev again because they made something good before like how it went with Inafune. And it backfired again

Honestly, feel like the hate against Epic is just Steam cocksuckers made that they can't play games on Steam.

>WHAAAAAAA this game is exclusive to another platform

Consoles have had this for over a decade. When you have two competing entities, they are going to do shit like this to get a leg up on the other. At least here it's another launcher vs a $400 system.

>But the features

You dumb fuck forget how shit Steam was when it first came out. Pic related. It's going to improve over time. That's a given. No cart is still retarded though

Attached: steamupdate.gif (384x108, 16K)

I'm sorry sir, but you must be literate to post here.

If they did indeed say that by giving them money you would also receive a steam key, then there might be a case. However that is still going to be dependent on how much leeway the original agreement had in it for the company when donations were made.

In any event if there is a serous threat they'll just take it out the ass and give the money back to those that ask.

Hopefully there wasn't too many big words for you.

you should honestly be perm banned if you think epic is good in any way

This

Yakuza series succeeded where Shenmue failed

cool. I really don't care, maybe they will better the store. I buy products based on what I get for the money. EGS might play a small role in that sure(though only cause I am a hoarder who is unsure the state of EGS in like 30 years) But if Shenmue is good I am buying it. stop making everything about politics or dumb "principles" about how everything should be available at every fucking store. In my country Death Stranding CE was GameStop exclusive. I much prefer Amazon, way more than I do steam over EGS even. Did I take a stand against evil practises? nah I am getting a fucking plastic fetus delivered Nov. 8th.

>You dumb fuck forget how shit Steam was when it first came out. Pic related.

Well it's a good thing standards never change and Epic is competing with the Steam of 2004

>They announced it at a major event!
It got to that point purely because of support from fans, you fucking idiot
>EGS didnt exist at the time
Doesnt excuse their shitty behavior. Besides, why launch a game on an inept launcher hatee by everyone thats also younger than the game's development time if not for the money?
>Its fine. It launches games
And goes through steam files in addition to other shit
Stop gargling chink cum, faggot

I kinda agree with you but steam was shit a loong time ago, epic's launcher could just copy and paste all steam features. it's non sense to compare epic today and steam with no direct competition 10-15 years ago

I am personally invested in the video game industry not getting any more full of anti consumer bullshit, and Tim Sweeney is actively shitting on consumers.

Did gaben raped your mom and killed your cat?

Holy shit you are a dumb cunt. Is there any other storefront that would get this kind of coddling?
>competing store tries to go against amazon
>it's dogshit
>WELL BACK IN THE 90S THEY SOLD BOOKS JUST GIVE US 20 YEARS TO GET ON THE SAME LEVEL

If you can get a chargeback, you can sue.

Have you seen those people review bombing games that makes fun of China overlords? Well its pretty much that

What happens if a game that went Epic exclusive doesn't sell but they still took the paid forward sales from Epic? Do they get to keep the bribe money or what?

>It got to that point purely because of support from fans, you fucking idiot
the Kickstarter was launched at the conference you dumb fuck. and the goal was well beyond what any reasonable game costs to make. "fan interest sure" Kickstarter pre-orders no.
>Doesnt excuse their shitty behavior. Besides, why launch a game on an inept launcher hatee by everyone thats also younger than the game's development time if not for the money?
same reason they launched an unnecessary kickstarter. For the money. I don't get it you answered your own question. I am not going to tell you what games to play or what stores to shop at. just stop being such a whiny cunt about it.
>And goes through steam files in addition to other shit
I love good Valve Shills are at selective memory and believing exclusively in things that follow their narrative.

Hahah, yeah, Yea Forums mods acting as thought police. Won't backfire in anyway possible.
I'm starting to think the thread is legit filled with shills. I can't believe the memes were right. It's literally just "don't ask questions, consume more product" in mildly broken English. Each and every time every vaguely Epic related thread. Same discussion each time, same broken grammar.

Either shills, or children rising up.

ever heard of a gamestop/ebgames, bestbuy or even Wal mart exclusive. Because I have. and they never get shit for it. I would actually find that way more constructive though.

I know you probably weigh around 500 pounds so it's difficult for you to move your arm to click the EGS icon instead of Steam, which automatically turns on but please, user. Not everyone is as physically disabled as you are. Maybe she'd a few pounds so you don't have to complain about Epic Game Store on an anonymous imageboard.

>well beyond.
I meant well below. It was like $100k or something. so that they could still make it if it flopped.

12 year-olds like Fortnite + feels the need to defend what they like = epicdrone

>Still no shopping cart
>Nooooo dont complain about egs though all the fault is on you now use Epic and kill steam!
Top lel

>first party exclusives

>ever heard of a gamestop/ebgames, bestbuy or even Wal mart exclusive. Because I have. and they never get shit for it.

If you were killed today nobody would miss you.

Attached: 580018.png (350x205, 61K)

This post seems automated.

As opposed to being a brainlet who has to defend Epic Game Store on an anonymous imageboard.

There's definitely paid Epichinks and Micropajeets, and probably others shilling on Yea Forums.

Attached: Joy cosplay.jpg (667x1000, 112K)

>I know you probably weigh around 500 pounds so it's difficult for you to move your arm to click the EGS icon instead of Steam
I used to think this was why there was an outrage, but then realized Epic are straight up just crap. Between PR, making games, maintaining games, and in general operating a storefront, they keep hurting their own brand.

The game has to be sold on Steam to do that, the Kickstarter backers are all fucked.

>$2 million
>well beyond what any reasonable game costs to make

honest answer? It is because Valve Drones are annoying cunts and people here love being contrarian. It is the same as why good games with terrible fanbases here get shit on. It is not that EGS has real fans. ot is more there are people who wouldn't care otherwise. But hate you and support the store out of spite. I am not sure what is more pathetic though desu.

>consoles have had this for over a decade
Yeah and their excuse was that they were different platforms and porting your game cross platform takes actual development effort that costs money. That excuse was bullshit, and becomes more and more bullshit as time goes on because porting makes you more money, but there was at least some kind of explanation for it beyond platforms paying so that they don't have to compete over the quality of the platform.
PC has never had this level of exclusivity bullshit because there's straight up no reason for it. Pointless third party exclusivity deals are a natural result of one company deciding that instead of competing they will pay money to not have to compete by monopolizing a piece of intellectual property and becoming the sole source of it.

Instead of market forces requiring Epic to run a better store than Steam so that more consumers choose to shop there, Epic is paying people money to not associate with their competitor. That isn't competition, it's specifically defined by a LACK of competitive pressure to improve the service.
Evidence enough of this: Epic's store doesn't even have a fucking shopping cart. Incredibly basic features to running a digital storefront are an afterthought to Epic, because instead of trying to compete for the money of consumers they are trying to force consumers to shop at their store by making sure no other store can sell the games they want.
If that's not enough evidence, Tim Sweeney himself flat out stated that he doesn't care about consumers and neither does Epic.

>no shopping cart
>bans anyone who buys games individually

cringe and chinkpilled

that is even worse though. Kinda unfair comparison.
though
>there are people here who get more upset over what store sells a PC copy of a game, then they do if it comes to PC at all.
bet if Sony bought exclusively they wouldn't even care.
? I agree it is annoying bullshit. I already complained ITT about Death Stranding CE being eb exclusive here.

Nobody can tell me one non meme argument against epic
>chink
Gaben is more chink than Tim (fires James, punishes kuku, remodeling of skeleton king, selling ti9 to china etc....)
>malware
meme
>forced exclusivity
it's a fucking store
>costumer unfriendly
you got bloodlines for 2 dollar in 3rd world countries, another example is crossplay, you don't need to force your consolefagfriend to buy a pc, so how is that consumer unfriendly compared to "buy my cards" shartifact ?
>Tim is bad
He is literally better than Gaben, he helps indie development, the fat fuck on the other side buys these studios and milks them out. (He can't ? He just copies the games like auto chess, because he is creatively bankrupt)

>CHINK S-SHILL
get your life straight it's a vietnamese anime image board

>and they never get shit for it.

Also a special edition isn't the same as an entire game being exclusive to one store. You are genuinely a piece of shit.

see
they had clearly already secured funding.

Meant for

>It's going to improve over time.

No.
when a company had a secured income source they don't need to improve or do shit.
they keep going despite failure and anticonsumer bullshit.
Like Ea with sports games
all their other games are crap but the beating heart that keep them alive are sports games.
no matter what they do.

EGS is the same with fortnite and tencent money.
And even to a point they are becoming the next cancerous thing that most people avoid.
Other companies even make good PR with the people when they announce that their games are not epic exclusive.

Attached: 1560485742740.png (300x300, 136K)

>One non meme argument against epic
Here's one. Shopping cart

I think you drank a bit too much of the pretend to be retarded juice today

2019 Hong Kong extradition law protests

see
Also, I only buy CEs if I am buying physical. This is way worse. I don't think you understand how much dick anyone not called Amazon sucks in the physical retail game.

He's not pretending.

EA is a great example user thanks!
reminds me how they spent a shit tonne of time and money making Origin way, way better.

Retard.

>shopping card
Yeah you need that when you have a 500:1 trash ratio of games (like steam)

you seem upset user.

>reminds me how they spent a shit tonne of time and money
?

Origin launched in a much better state than the Epic Games Store did by a longshot

>u mad
I will forget about this thread after it dies, whereas you will always be a massive retard.

>They had clearly secured funding
So why move to EGS then? Theyre not releasing EGS and steam, they took EGS exclusivity money. Why?

What did he mean by this?

Attached: derp.png (328x109, 5K)

Other than Epic, is there a single online store without a shopping cart? I mean, even mom and pop stores in my tiny-as-fuck hometown have more features in their sites than epic.

they did. compare origin now to day one.
agreed. ironically I think that is why EGS didn't bother and won't bother. Because they saw it didn't matter for EA

If you have a "permanent pirate" list then you should probably just put every game there because you're not principled, just stupid.

We're going to build a big, beautiful chink-punching simulator, and the chinks will pay for it. Believe me!
- Yu Suzuki

Attached: Yu Suzuki poster.jpg (594x810, 611K)

>Actually defending no shopping cart
Kek
>I love Epic! I love getting banned for making multiple single game purchases during sales too!

They didn't. Origin being functional doesn't mean they spent a shitload of money on it.

that you are a massive retard for saying only CEs are GameStop exclusive of you literally posted Xenoblade itt.

well okay. maybe they made a launcher as good as steam for cheaper than. I really don't know but credit where credit is due.

>that you are a massive retard for saying only CEs are GameStop exclusive
It's a good thing I'm not the one who said that huh?

Are you retarded? We hate retailer exclusive preorder bonuses, but you don't think we hate retailer exclusive releases?

It's more that you people are starting to get pushback because of how ridiculous this is getting. You're treating a developer as literal satan because they aren't offering steam keys, when most people don't give a flying fuck and you can't actually express yourselves without lying or saying something racist. Expect more pushback the worse this gets, I honestly just can't wait until Epic stops moneyhatting games because it's the only thing that will diminish your rampant shitposting.

>maybe they made a launcher as good as steam
They didn't. You don't get credit for having a basic functional launcher.

>I'm sorry sir, but you must be literate to post here.
I feel like this is not true at all

And I will be playing Shenmue 3 while you will still be seething. Hope you get that pre-order refund!
why? because they wanted more money. why do you keep asking this. it is the same reason they did the Kickstarter. because free fucking money.

You always post this pic in every Shenmue thread and when I ask for moar you never deliver.

>reddit meme
This escalated pretty fast user, I said non meme arguments this includes Reddit screeching

>and you can't actually express yourselves without lying
Pot calling the kettle a nigger.

I will be playing Shenmue 3 for free while you will be a retard for the rest of your worthless existence.

>better customer support
>better UI
>had refunds first
>has a membership program with discounts (they are in the process of ruining it in typical EA fashion but I digress)
>no social media bullshit.
>their modding system has never tried to sell you mods.

Fucking niche jap eroge websites have shopping carts.

good luck with that. I promise not to post too many spoilers for you crackwatch.com/game/total-war-three-kingdoms

>posts a game that isn't EGS exclusive
Good job retard.

What does EGS exclusivity have to do with Denuvo? are you pretending to be retarded?

What does Denuvo have to do with EGS exclusivity? Are you literally retarded? Actually we know the answer to that.

Attached: derp.png (1159x515, 998K)

Kill yourself

>It's going to improve over time.
How's that shopping cart coming along Ping?

Take your own advice.

Post yfw thread finally reached bump limit.

not a god damned thing. but being on Epic wont make the latest version magically crackable. And we all know Shenmue will use it. it is actually what this thread would be about if EGS didn't trump it in the seethe priority. If it is cracked day one I am totally pirating it though.

Just ignore the fact that every EGS exclusive has been cracked.
>And we all know Shenmue will use it.
I can taste your desperation.