Is this game fun to play in 2019?

I don't care about graphics and played oblivion, skyrim over 100 hours each.

Attached: 220px-MorrowindCOVER.jpg (220x293, 30K)

I wouldn't say it's particularly fun to play but by fuck is it a good world to just stroll around in if you like reading.

OpenMW + Combat Overhaul
Pretty much, all you need.
With OpenMW you can make this game running in 200 FPS and Combat Overhaul makes all your hits matter.

You'll want some mods to fix the attribute leveling, just as in Oblivion.
Otherwise it's ok. Somewhat easier than the other two thanks to DB giving you infinite gold, but the lore is more fleshed out.
Also, hope you like bugs. Those elfniggers eat their eggs for breakfast.

I played it last year. Combat is dogshit but as someone who only had a passing knowledge of TES before I found the universe interesting.

No, it's popular.

Openmw + progression overhaul so you dont need to fucking level spears. Combat is not bad just dont use wrong weapons with no stamina its an rpg not dmc

Yeah i would say is pretty fun just a few words of advice.

-If you are gonna level up endurance do it early since the gains are not retroactive.

-Have a weapon as a primary skill, unless you want to complain you can't hit anything.

It's the best elder scrolls.

>Combat is not bad just dont use wrong weapons with no stamina its an rpg not dmc
this
just create an enchanted item with ~5pts of constant stamina regen so it doesn't matter anymore

it's worth playing, it's genuinely good and comfy

Of course. It's one of the best games ever made period.

Just be sure to kick in some basic mods (code patch, MGE OR OpenMW) and you're good to go.

Remember: it's a cRPG first and First-Person action-RPG second. Don't go in expecting something similar to Skyrim, think more about Ultima or other 90s dungeon crawlers. As long as you are not illiterate and depending what you liked about Skyrim, this game will be a treat.

Yeah, you're primed to give it a try.

The best advice I can give is to be prepared to not like how you specced your character and reroll.
You have to know in advance a lot of things about factions, useful skills (e.g. Mysticism), and personal annoyances (not hitting things, low movement speed, etc.) to make the right choices at the very beginning of the game.

I'd say 90% of players never finish with their first character, so just use it as an exploratory run.
Of course, you can always grind instead of rerolling, it's just like Oblivion in that way.

If you can accept the simple fighting system it's very fun. The story is interesting and it's pretty hard to fuck up your character's stats like in Oblivion; actually, caring too much about it is a mistake because you'll end up overleveled and OP as shit (which is why Oblivion had that horrible, disgusting level scaling system).
I'd grab some graphics and quality of life mods. And maybe don't use the map, it makes things too easy. It's fun when you get lost and have to find ways to get back home in one piece.

Forgot to metion: When doing any action have high fatigue since it gives a bonus.

>Somewhat easier than the other two thanks to DB giving you infinite gold
oh shit this reminds me, you're not supposed to get attacked by the Dark Brotherhood. That was supposed to happen in the DLC, so definitely look for the Delay Dark Brotherhood mod if you don't wanna get your ass shanked by Paralyze daggers the first night

>anything other than graphics mods
i dont remember this place

Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul (MSGO) with fair magicka regen and a movement speed increase (25 or 50%). Das all you need mane. Optional to play with the OpenMW if you want better performance and multiplayer support, but I found my pc handled fine. It's more rigid about understanding combat mechanics than previous games. For instancd stamina heavily influences all combat and spellcasting, compared to just sprinting in skyrim. Using weapons you've not been trained to use on anything bigger than a rat or mudcrab is suicidal, consider paying a trainer to improve your skills to ~20 first if you're learning a new weapon.

have light armor and probably spears as main skills
never fight with no fatigue. hell, never even do alchemy or trade with no fatigue.
you can easily break the game by abusing alchemy or spellcrafting.
I recommend using OpenMW as the vanilla game is pretty buggy (it can randomly crash after some time so save often. but if you have too many saves ~900+ it'll crash too)

Yes, very much so.

>-If you are gonna level up endurance do it early since the gains are not retroactive.
I think I'll just post my essential mods
>Delay Dark Brotherhood Attacks: mentioned already
>Talrivian's State-based HP so you don't get scammed if you level Endurance later
>Graphical Herbalism so plants don't act like containers
>At Home Alchemy so you don't have to take your alchemy equipment into the inventory to use it
>Better Bodies, Better Heads (vanilla looks like crap and these don't look like overpolished anime shit)
>Better Clothes, because otherwise you'll look funny. Dat /fa/
>fair magicka regen, slow enough to not help you in battle but fast enough to make your mage useful without having to buy mana potions like a loser (I think you get a full bar of mana per day or so)
>Morrowind Unofficial Patch
>Morrowind Code Patch

And my personal favorite, LeFemm armor, if you want armor with boobies that doesn't look slutty or thick leather armor that looks like there are boobies under it.
I also like the Adventurer's Backpack (gives you more inventory space) but it's mounted as an eppaulette so it looks silly on armored characters