DMC

Playing Hell or Hell has made me realize that DMC5 actually is an unironic masterpiece.

People will meme about unaggressive enemies, but once you die in one hit you really start to realize just how much attention and care went into making the enemy design feel fair. Even the level design and character switching feels natural and makes the campaign feel varied without introducing gimmicks.

It's a shame most people won't experience DMC5 to its fullest because they only play it once or twice.

Attached: 1560021351810.jpg (1097x1920, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av53757728
youtube.com/watch?v=KJkVqM45qKE
youtu.be/oTugfW3uwIk?t=29
youtube.com/watch?v=BxtNQZ5emiw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Hack and slash is a shitty genre for adhd patients.

No one ares OP.
Zoomer.

Its a solid 7/10

go drink some bleach, shit for brains

>nero is vergil's son
asspull

I don't like incentivizing charging guns / bird while meleeing, it's awkward in the hand and feels like I'm playing suboptimally if I don't do it.

The thumb can only hit one of the face buttons at a time comfortably, and having to tap one button while holding another on the same finger feels bad man, the only other option is clawing and that also feels bad, but you even have to use your middle finger to maintain lockon for an even more awkward feeling

Attached: 1449409868034.jpg (300x300, 50K)

user, DMC5 has completely rebindable controls.

Where do you guys think Dante gets his magazines from? I feel like Dante is the of kind person who takes magazines from lobbys and stuff.

Attached: 7C554D54-CFC2-4DE7-A778-89A0551E7AE5.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Why the fuck didn't you put gun and bird on a shoulder button?

Imagine being this dumb

fucking nineball

Hell and Hell is unironically the best way to play DMC5. It doesn't have DMD's HP sponge enemies that go into DT while maintaining the higher aggression of SOS difficulty. It's not as if DMD even changes enemy AI to be more aggressive than SOS, so you still get the best difficulty.

DMD in DMC5 is just a frustrating chore to get through. In DMC5, when a Proto Angelo, a Behemoth or a Queen Empusa goes into DT, I just disengage with the game mentally, because I know that for the next 1-2 minutes, I'll be whaling away at a single health sponge.

Bros how do I get stylish with Nero? I know he is supposed to be more straightforward than Dante, but I have a harder time with Nero for some reason. Got the game recently and just finished Devil Hunter, I'm still a total scrub

Attached: 1519936005433.jpg (251x231, 22K)

I just bound melee to L1. Get on my level.

Get a taste of the good shit.
bilibili.com/video/av53757728

Can you enable Subsurface Scattering even during regular gameplay? There are a bunch of graphics settings that are exclusive to cutscenes and someone found out that you can enable Contact Shadows even during gameplay if you force the .ini settings.

youtube.com/watch?v=KJkVqM45qKE

I have a toaster so this is irrelevant to me.

Attached: bzHRn3b.gif (400x225, 1.93M)

dont do ground combos. learn launching and air combos, taunt in the air, enemy step and never ever perform ground combos again

Shuffle is too stylish not to do ground combos.

put his gun attack on one of the shoulder button (mine is L2) and keep holding on that button and release it only when its fully loaded. nero loads the gun even when he dose other things.

i gave up trying to S rank the entire game. mission 10 and 18 can go fuck itselfs.

The game shouldn't have made made Dante playable half way through the game, and should've gave us a better rival boss than Urizen

Attached: tumblr_pir03ut4Jp1w7pk4zo1_500.png (500x279, 151K)

Feels good to know I'm not the only one who hates Mission 10

>fight M17 Urizen in the air most of the time
>he still constantly tries to punch the ground

The AI for Urizen is so garbage. He has some cool moves, but his AI makes him such a bore to fight.

Attached: 1556602109000.png (352x316, 200K)

Urizen 3 is a great and underrated fight.

100% this

DMD went full retard with the health pools at times.

It could've been better if he wasn't so fucking huge

People say that Itsuno's DMCs don't have aggressive enough enemies (which is bullshit on higher difficulties but let's humor it for a second), but that's because he actually cares about consistency

What do the vast majority of action games do to make enemies a threat to the player? Have them ignore your attacks.
>NOPE I suddenly jumped away
>NOPE I'm suddenly able to block
>NOPE I now suddenly have i-frames
I'm not gonna say DMC3-5 enemies absolutely never do this (Hell Judecca does and it's arguably the worst enemy in 5), but it's much rarer than the majority of other action games. They have a level of reliability to their mechanics that other action games simply don't have.

>not a single mention of Furies
user...

Attached: 1556676052831.gif (580x326, 2.49M)

It's worse than DMC3. At least with DMC3, only regular enemies went DMD. Giving DMC5 bosses DT that in practice did nothing but add like 30% extra health was just pure idiocy. I heard that DMC4 did that as well on DMD, but I never played DMC4 on DMD because the game bored me to shit.

>Itsuno's DMCs don't have aggressive enough enemies
That's only true for DMC4 and DMC5. DMC3 enemies on DMD are plenty enough aggressive. Best example is the fucking Lusts. DMC5 on DMD simply gives enemies more HP and defense while keeping their aggression identical to SOS difficulty.

>it gets good on the third playthrough

Attached: sam.jpg (333x404, 24K)

Furies are a lot more reliable than Judeccas, honestly. It's just a matter of learning their timings.
It's not like in Bayonetta where enemies are constantly interrupting you with blocks. God Hand's enemies also have a nasty habit of suddenly backflipping away from you at higher levels. I could go down the list. DMC is just so much more consistent than most of its genre.

Furies have incredibly clear tells and are really quite easy once you learn their AI pattern.

Am I the only one that feels like DMD has more aggressive enemies than SOS? It could probably be because I've gotten rusty lately though

>I heard that DMC4 did that as well on DMD, but I never played DMC4 on DMD because the game bored me to shit.
git gud
youtu.be/oTugfW3uwIk?t=29

Nope. It's the same. I constantly jump back to SOS to cool myself off whenever DMD pisses me off. I notice no difference in enemy behavior whatsoever. This isn't like DMC3 where there's a very clear difference between DMD and (say) Hard difficulty in terms of aggression.

>huge
Revert him to Nelo/Urizen hybrid would be kino

Fuck dmd blade lizzards, not fury
Those fuckers are worst

Fair enough, guess I'm just a shitter then

Attached: 1559355292377.jpg (448x560, 47K)

Check out this video
youtube.com/watch?v=BxtNQZ5emiw

Strange, but it's probably just me anyways

Attached: 5 Dante Must Die.jpg (1438x1374, 686K)

What do you guys think of this?

Attached: DMC4 but different.png (738x504, 657K)

I usually parry their attacks with High Roller, works 8 times out of 10 for me. It's just that I never bothered to memorize their attack patterns. Still learned a couple things

Attached: 1555762122973.png (538x575, 724K)

>mfw DT king cerberus

Attached: 1553570314406.jpg (1024x744, 81K)

Nice

>he doesn't instantly unlock difficulties by beating prologue Urizen

Attached: 177.jpg (280x330, 17K)

Nero looks too bishi.

I mean he did in DMC4

To be fair, 4Nero is bishi.

DMC4's art direction doesn't really fit with the realistic character models of 5.

People will complain about stuff like Dante's coat not being red enough or the white hair being too gray, but I think all those tweaks were quite smart and made DMC5's realistic graphics work.

Attached: 1554153760838.png (2405x1000, 1.6M)

That's just how he always was though, but it's probably more apparent because of his new face model

Attached: DMC4 Nero but different.png (474x570, 502K)

I totally agree with you but I think the people complain because in general they wanted DMC to stay semi-realistic. I feel like Dante's coat color or the hair are just an excuse to express their deception in that departement.

>People will complain about stuff like Dante's coat not being red
It does need to be more red though
>or the white hair being too gray
That's something even the devs back in DMC1 were asking themselves, so it's a whatever for me
I for one would like more scenery like the beginning of mission 2, and the library in mission 3, and less of whatever the fuck mission 9 was

Attached: 20190613_224813.jpg (453x719, 226K)

Been stuck on Mission 12 of Hell and Hell for two months. Fuck it

Dante's burgundy and Vergil's teal on black coats look great.

Attached: 1560092958471.png (974x737, 631K)

Nero's face model in DMC5 is really impressive, considering they had to find a real person that had the likeness of a fictional character.

Attached: maxresdefault(4).jpg (1280x720, 74K)

They did change some details of his face compared to Karlo but I'm not sure what exactly. I can kinda see the difference but I have a hard time putting my finger on what is different exactly (apart from the hair color of course).

>apart from the hair color of course
That's all what there is of differences, the faces are the same in the end with really minor changes, and it's probably because of the "uncanny valley" the RE engine has that makes them seem more different

Attached: 1554171822192m.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

The biggest change is that Karlo Baker got older.

The face capture was done several years before DMC5 was actually out.

They still altered Nero's face to look more like Vergil a bit.

Attached: vergil with nero hair.jpg (2560x1080, 244K)

> "uncanny valley"
You meant perfection

Attached: zertyu.jpg (1920x1080, 453K)

Yep

Attached: LzdhCsD.jpg (1280x1600, 305K)