SEGA SteamSpy's estimates recent changes

>Catherine Classic from 20-50k to 50-100k
>Valkyria Chronicles 4 from 50-100k to 100-200k
>Shining Resonance Refrain from 0-20k to 20-50k

PS4 numbers for comparison (from Gamstat):
>Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 160k
>Shining Resonance Refrain - 64k
>Catherine is pointless to compare since it released 8 years ago on consoles

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Why isn't this irrelevant comoany bankrupt yet?
They haven't released anything good for decades.

who cares

Those ranges are too large and imprecise.

Sonic, PuyoPuyo, Total War and Football Manager is why.

if these shitty ports weren't profitable they'd stop making them

you also need to consider the balance between development costs and profits, not everything has an advertisement budget of 80 million

I think they live off total war at this point

when are they going to remove denuvo from valkyria chronicles? I will buy it as soon as they do.

>Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 160k
is this worldwide?

Probably alongside a price drop. They don't seem to bother with Denuvo for new ports, but going back and removing it from older releases seems to be a chore so they need some incentive and price drop would be one.

>SteamSpy

SteamSpy is useless since Steam block all the profiles by default

>www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-11-why-steam-spy-has-to-close-from-the-creator-himself

Yes
But there are still people who unblock their profiles. This allows you to know the bare minimum of people who own the game.

>shitty ports
I don't know about the others but the shining resonance refrain port is really well done, it runs well and looks good on a toaster. No issues with controller support either. Meanwhile I can't run some jap pc ports from 10 years ago.

I know, I just had to call them shitty so people didn't think I'm a fanboy or something

I played vanquish and it was great, at least after the patch, much more responsive than on console and yes I played the PC version with a controller too, aiming was smooth as fuck compared to ps3 and even 360

>yes
considering it sold 80k in its first week in japan
those western sales are abysmal

That and he works for Epic now.

>you also need to consider the balance between development costs and profits, not everything has an advertisement budget of 80 million
This but Yea Forums thinks every game has EA or Activision levels or development/marketing budget and can't understand the simple concept of lower budget games. Also PC ports are cheap to make and releasing on PC costs less overall.

Here are Yakuza numbers for PS4. Disregard Kiwami 1 as it was featured in PS+. Releasing cross-platform clearly means much higher sales.
There's a reason why PC version of VC1 saved the franchise, especially in the West.

Attached: 7Aj173j.png (974x684, 80K)

Even if we take the lower estimate of Catherince Classic, it put it at almost 3x the sales of Vita version in Japan and only 20k lower than PS4 version in Japan. For an 8 year old port that's about to get an enhanced release it's an amazing performance.

you cared enough to post

Yeah, was gonna say, Steamspy has been unreliable for well over a year.

Remember that publishers absolutely HATED sales numbers, even just approximate ones, being readily available to the public.

down syndrome much

dilate much tranny?

>From x to y
Who cares? SteamSpy is dead and their estimates
are pure guessing.

Disregard 4 and 5 as well while you're at it since you're excluding PS+ games

>shitty ports
the kiwami 2 port is better than the ps4 game

>Why isn't this irrelevant comoany bankrupt yet?
Because of this franchise called Total War. Total War 3 Kingdoms sold 1 million units just in 1 week last last may.

every poster who goes into a thread about something they hate summed up in 5 words.

Attached: 220px-Dr._Wily.png (220x344, 95K)

They need to port P5 already. It would reach 500k if not a million easily.

At this point they'd need to port Royal to get those numbers. People won't buy the original that easily now that enhanced version has already been announced. Though if they announced that P5R will be coming later right away and gave a loyalty discount for original's owners I can see that being a big seller.

>Shining Resonance Refrain

Im surprised that game sold as well as it did.

Waifus can make even a shitty game sell reasonably well. I'm surprised more kusoge devs don't focus on that element (as in dating mechanics).