Releasing pieces of a game is okay if 80% is bloat to extend it to 60$

>Releasing pieces of a game is okay if 80% is bloat to extend it to 60$
>Inb4 "It's two discs!"
And I thought XV-kun was the craziest thing that happened to Final fantasy but no FF7-fags prove their the craziest and most autistic.

Attached: X4VwA81.png (776x1199, 614K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more
in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2000.
youtube.com/watch?v=FIt0uLa-gJc&t=5m47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the only people left looking forward to modern FF games are retards what do you expect

I guess I was giving them too much credit because of my own nostalgia.

>FF7 had 3 physical Discs and no one complained
>People are complaining about FF7 being split into episodes

Its the same fucking thing. God this debate is idiotic.

Attached: 1464853118720s.jpg (219x250, 6K)

Yeah but on release. FF7 had the entire game there. The remake is confirmed to be released in episodes. March 3rd is episode 1 god knows when 2 or so on is coming.

>TL;DR It's not the same

No it's definitely the same, you're just an autistic retard like the "ff7-fags" you claim to mock

Lol how? You buy vanilla ff7, its 3 discs but its the entire fucking game from start to finish.

You buy the remake, its only a small portion of it. How the fuck is that the same hting?

It's still coming so it's not like they expect you to buy Episode 2 onwards. It's sixty dollars and they'll release them once finished.

You can't really determine whether it's bloat or actual content until it comes out, but I have little faith after XV.

The "inb4" doesn't nullify the fact that it has two full discs of content.

based

You mean they will give the rest of the game free? Not going to happen

it took you this long to see that?

>H-Haha...What a joker you are user it's not like they'll release another 300$ collector edition for each episode...R-Right?

Attached: 1521845380201.png (320x320, 90K)

FF7 was 3 discs, but it was the entire game for one price. (Either $54 or $60 at the time).

FF7-Remake is $60 for chapter 1, and it won't even cover all of Midgar part of the story.

Part 2 will be another $60. With how it's broken up, we may end up getting 10 chapters.

That is $60 per chapter probably. So that's $600 for the full game. If the chapters after part one are like $30 each, that is till like $330-$400 for the complete game.

Modern gaming is fucking cancer

You can't argue with these people using facts user, i've tried and failed countless tries.

>And I thought XV-kun was the craziest thing that happened to Final fantasy but no FF7-fags prove their the craziest and most autistic.
Honestly, FF7:R makes more sense compared to the Hobbit movies at least.

Im sorry but they probably will. After bombing ff xv they will take all the money they can get and they know ff7 sells by the name alone

The worst part is they'll buy it happily too

This thread is literally the same two or three samefags trying to make it seem like this is a bad idea. It isn't the Episodic nature is fine and after the shitshow that was XV I can almost bet my ass they'll have this shit pumping out at most once a year.

>tl;dr stop trying to stir up drama

You're paying 60 dollars for the padding, they cannot be more clear on this.

gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more
>One of the main reasons Square Enix hasn’t remade Final Fantasy VII up until now is because its a massive undertaking to construct it from the ground up with current technology, according to Kitase.
>A proper HD remake that maintains the same feeling of density of the original wouldn’t fit into a single installment.
>Nomura adds that in the case of a single installment, content would have to be cut and the result would be a condensed version of the game.
>But with this method, players will be able to explore many different areas of Midgar that they couldn’t access in the original.
>While parts may also be cut from the original, Nomura promises that overall, the amount of content is only going to increase.

You want to play the original? Go ahead, the bombing mission lasts only 10 minutes. At least it's more soulful right?

>imagine thinking splitting up a 22 year old game into multiple pieces and charging full price for each part is a good thing for the customer

Enjoy paying 60$ over god knows how many parts and that's if they don't decide to just trash it if the numbers drop

Thanks bro. I'll judge whether the game or any other game is worth 60 dollars based on pre-release information and game journalist materials. Aerith dies btw, somebody leaked this to me on 4channel.

Yeah because the story being unspoiled was totally the point of my post right? Not the fact you'll have to keep turning over 60$ rather than having the full experience day one.

What's the full experience?

yeah just like half life 2 episode 3 oh wait

People defending this unnecessarily bloated mess are desperate for anything that can remind them of FF7. Even if it's only FF7 in name only. It's virtually a new game, split up, completely different combat, and likely going to be monetized to hell and back. And the defenders will jump down your throat for even showing the slightest hint of concern.

What's this slightest hint of concern you're talking about?

While I also think SE is taking the fans for granted "which they are desu" we should just wait and see how things will turn out when the game is released just to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I am like 90% sure that most of episodes 1 will be shallow filler but let's see.

you zoomers should really inform yourself first instead of acting like some gaming justice warrior

-games that costed 60$ back then like FF7 costed 90$ in today's dollars because of inflation in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2000.

-games lose drop their prices MUCH more quickly than they did 2 decades ago

-game development is MUCH more expensive now than it was two decades ago, like several times more expensive

-episode1 is already confirmed to take 2 blu-rays, that's RDR2 levels of content, or near that

-even if this game wasn't as big and fair priced as it actually is, it has to be taken into account that SE has negative operating revenue since a while. They can't make infinite content but just refuse to give it to you because of greed, they literally can't afford to sell more episodes in a single product since they would just go bankrupt. No matter how much you bitch about this because of your lack of understanding of the topic, it won't happen since this case isn't caused by greed but by necessity, it can't be backpedaled. Ofc, you can always chose to not buy a product, but your hate mongering in this case is a complete nonsense.

People are saying shit will be cut, but if the first part is focusing so much on Midgard they have to fill with it shit. I don't think a lot of "controversial" scenes will get. Squeenix knows Cloud crossdressing will probably move enough copies to justify whatever controversy comes from it.

>two full discs of content.
>think two discs will be worth of 60h of gameplay
What a fucking retarded.

It's FF7. They could put in a scene with Aeris taking a dump and people would clap. Normies don't care if it's only half the game, it sells on brand name and nostalgia alone.

I honestly wonder about the people who keep posting these threads about how people are idiots for buying a single game based in Midgar. Like what kind of games do they even play? What was the last game they payed for?

Considering consumers want the bloat, is it fair to call it bloat? You don't want it, I certainty do.

>original FF7 is three discs and 60$
>FF7 remake is three part 60$ EACH
Look at this actual, braindead retard.
Kill yourself.

>And I thought XV-kun was the craziest thing that happened to Final fantasy
Yeah we all know the craziest thing that happen to the franchise was FFXIII apologist.
>it gets good after 3 hours
>it gets good after 10 hours
>it gets good after 55 hours
>you haven't beaten the game
>omg you bought it how can you hate it or hate it when you spend time on it
These fuckers were the most insane.

Attached: OP is a faggot.jpg (324x291, 15K)

I believe it was 30 hours, which was around when you FINALLY got full party control. I bet that Sazh & Vanille chapter killed the game for a lot of people.

Confirmed. I told a friend that it was episodic and he complained about it.
After an hour he was asking me where he could preorder a deluxe edition locally.

How much content are we thinking? If its 2 discs its gotta be huge. Could it be possible its a 100hr game set in Midgar?

you can just hold square to attack in 7r too

FFXV was 50 or 100 gb on Steam, and it was about 80% fetch quests in a big map without too much stuff in it.

No it wasnt, it has a ton of content and that size accounts for prerendered cutscenes in both English and Japanese plus multiple dubs and the sheer amount of game assets

ff7 world map is literally empty as in LITERALLY just a simple mesh with nothing on it.

>tfw you won't see Cid or Yuffie until the PS5 comes out
>tfw Red XIII joins party right as the game ends

Disk size says more about how much file compression the devs use than how much content the game has.

You could stretch fucking Minecraft out onto two disks.

Rate the episodes

3>1>5>2>4

I don’t remember being forced to wait a multiple year break between midgar and the rest of the game

A good point. It'd be nice to know if what we get is going to feel like a full game or not though.

I enjoyed just roadtripping and doing hunts and fetch quests, but even I know they're mostly just filler/padding when most of the flavor text surrounding the quests aren't remotely related to the story or do any sort of development.

I can see them opening up Midgar like maybe the different sectors, but I can also see them just jamming in more fetch quests and hunts and pass it as 'content'. There doesn't really seem too much to work with in terms of fleshing out when most of the important plot points aren't even close to being introduced. Even sub characters related to development, heck even half of the party isn't supposed to be in the game.

>ITT: Poorfags whining they have to buy more than one thing
Get a job that isn't fast food.

t. boomer

>Not an argument

>not reading between the lines
Why are boomers so dumb? It's like your given everything in life and so your brains regress

Which is why it's most likely "FF7 Revisioned" and not FF7 Remake

I wished I lived in whatever fantasy world you did where 5 games cost a one time 60$

Why would a company have negative revenue? Because they're super generous or because they've been releasing shit not caring about fans and just milking a formula that worked in the past but doesn't work anymore because they're just ditching what fans actually like and replacing it with things nobody asked for?
Why would a company go as far as to milk every drop their biggest hit with several "spin offs" to reach the point of making a total remake to try to save theirselves?

It's not the first time Square is in such crossroads. Where do you think the Final Fantasy saga got its name from? They were going to go bankrupt and they thought that was going to be their last game.
Game developers are not a fucking public service. Customers will complain if things they don't need, want or like are going to be released and it's the fairest warning a company can get.

>600 is equal to 90

I have a nagging feeling 90% of you came from gamefaqs or reddit to shit on or shill for it.

>used to dream about a full Midgar game where there was way more to do and more places to explore
>now it's real
>this is supposed to be a bad thing
>i-it doesn't matter that it's 2 discs long that means nothing! nothing!!

Attached: Cloud.gif (386x573, 992K)

It’s a different game than the original, get over it

I think a lot of people haven't twigged there's no Yuffie in episode 1.
Like, how little of the game they're expanding into the first episode, and how much of the game will get condensed to fit into two more will make it seem rushed as fuck in comparison to the first.
Very very much like the spyro remaster. So much time was spent on 1, that 2 and 3 seemed rushed.

Muh uncompressed cutscenes

KEK this shit went from

>THREE GAMES IS BULLSHIT THEY CAN FIT IT ALL IN ONE DISC
to
>THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN FIT EVERYTHING INTO THREE GAMES

Exact same with me. I wouldn’t have been fan boying over it if it wasn’t for that.

That's a FF7fag for you user, they make zero sense.

>FFVII Remake is an episodic release
>part 1 is finally announced
>ends after the escape from Midgar
>maybe 1/5 of the entire game
>full retail price
>FULL
>RETAIL
>pre-order bonuses
>even Square themselves don't know how many episodes there's going to be
Yeah, no. I am not going anywhere near this anti-consumer shitstorm. Call me when they announce the Game of the Year Complete Edition with Season Pass DLC

Attached: 1472909776764.png (733x1018, 720K)

You can't say that! Any and all criticism is invalid and if you don't think so you're just a hater poorfag zoomer apparently according to this thread

It’s more like a game series than episodic, it has the length of a full game

Why do most people refer to FF7 FMV when talking about Tifa's proportion when they were pretty inconsistent with details? Like how Sephiroth has bare hands when coming down to stab Aerith, and in the very next cut he is in he has black gloves.

JUST BUY DIGITAL YOU NIGGERS

May I have the source, please?

>posting best girl
>Not giving a source
Now that should be what we're mad about not the episodic thing.

Are these just stills? No one ever made a good animation of the VII ladies with accurate/ripped models?

Attached: sypha curious.png (426x414, 239K)

You think the rest are going to be free? Are you seriously fucking retarded? Why would they not charge us? The entire fucking point of making it episodic was because they said an entire faithful remake of the game would be too big and they wouldn't make any money off of it.

Of course they have. Everyone knows Midgar only means no Yuffie, Vincent, Cid, or Cait Sith.

Attached: _20190602_213332.jpg (745x592, 193K)

user, it's been repeated over and over again. A universal rule is never argue with 7fags. You'll only lose brain cells and time.

I bought FF7 for $30 CDN new, back when Sony did green label greatest hits.

Fucking THIS. It's insane.

Anyone who played FF7 as a kid knows how it went

>Play through Disc 1, beat Midgar, get the story rolling
>Get to the end of the Disc
>One of your cousins comes around and borrows the game
>Two years later you finally get it back
>Get through Disc 2 now
>Get to the end of Disc 2
>"That friend" comes around when you're not home and your mum lends him the game
>He moves away so you never get it back
>4 years later you find FF7 cheap in a garage sale
>Beat Disc 3, finishing the game

It's NO FUCKING DIFFERENT!

Attached: 1484683041155.jpg (543x304, 27K)

>1997
>FFVII is released
>Disc 1 is $49.99
>Disc 2 is $49.99
>Disc 3 is $49.99
Except they didn't do that you fucking morons

Attached: 1463998376494.jpg (717x700, 341K)

Except these discs weren’t 90 hours each

I know they said the first installment would focus on Midgar, but did they ever say it was ONLY Midgar? What if disc 1 is Midgar and Disc 2 is up through Junon with Jenova Birth as the final boss?

For the record, I think the game will be just Midgar with the final section being the Kalm flashback where they insert a fight against Sephiroth in the reactor as the final boss.

>each disc was 2 discs long

Attached: nanikore.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

They said it was just midgard

Nice meme
>beginning of the game
>escape from Midgar
>maybe 6 hours of gameplay at the longest
No it doesn't and it certainly doesn't deserve full retail
I don't spoonfeed

Attached: 403892.jpg (2268x1686, 718K)

braindead avatarfag

I wasn’t white trash or a nigger so I didn’t have cousins and friends coming and going stealing my shit throughout my entire childhood. Sorry about your life though

>Why would a company have negative revenue?
because they tax their debts.
the more money they are in debt the more popular their product. standard practice in an inflationary, debt based monetary system.

buy bitcoin.

>>beginning of the game
>>escape from Midgar
>>maybe 6 hours of gameplay at the longest
Are you retarded, they said they expanded it to a full game. It’s going to be nothing like Midgard in the original, does the phrase ‘two double-layers Blu-Rays’ mean anything to you?

Oh boy 30 hours of voiced cutscenes and 6 hours of gameplay take my money

I know you guys are just trolling but I still want to post the relevant video
youtube.com/watch?v=FIt0uLa-gJc&t=5m47s

The idea that disc space relates to the amount of content has never really been correct.
Yeah, Midgar is gonna be big. But most of the space on the original FFVII discs were FMV movies, and most large filesizes today are for high res textures and uncompressed audio.

Literally no other blu-Ray game has multiple discs

>it’s the year 2034
>FFVII-3 is scheduled for release in 2035
>to celebrate they’re rereleasing FFVII RE:Core Final RE:Mix and FFVII-2 Final Ultimax X:Tend each with over two hour of additional cutscenes, the cutscenes from the Japanese mobile only tie in game, one additional secret boss plus the Vincent and Yuffie DLC

And you fags would eat it up

Everything to do with this FF7 is so god damn moronic. Like you people are aware that FF7 already exists and that you can just go play it, right?

It's so fucking dumb that game developers have to spend all their resources remaking old shit so that manchildren can pretend that they're still 14 years old and haven't fucked up their lives yet.

I mean I love FF6 but I'm willing to accept that it was a product of its time and is better left alone.

>I didn't have friends my entire childhood
You don't have to tell us that, user

$60 in 97 money is the same as $180 today you fucking zoomer.

According to Yea Forums and the so called "fans" and purists it is bad to want
>more of Midgar
>more of AVALANCHE
>more of TURKS and Shinra
>more of Aerith and Zack
>more of Dyne, Barret and Corel
>more of Cosmo Canyon
>more of Nibelheim, Cloud and Tifa
>more of Lucrecia, Gast, Ifalna, Hojo and Vincent
>more of Cid, Shera and Rocket Town
>more of Yuffie and Wutai
Apparently, you're not a real, true fan if you want to see more of your favorite thing. Fleshed out story and characters is BAD. Improved graphics is BAD. New gameplay features is BAD. Remastered sountrack recorded with orchestra is BAD. Any deviation or change to story, gameplay and characters is BAD, even it improves upon them. You are NOT ALLOWED to improve something which is good but still had lots of shortcomings due to various factors, including technical limitations, because that will trigger literal aspies with OCD on Yea Forums. Seriously, there is not a medium where purist niggers were anything but triggered, nitpicking retards. God forbid if Square adds new characters and locations in Remake, because obviously the entire world is just Midgar and 5 towns/villages as shown in the original game. Certainly that was how it was intended to be and not a result of technological, budgetary or time constraints.
>A new village on Western Continent? HOW DARE THE FUCKING BASTARDS RETCON FF7!!!1 THE GAME IS RUINED! SQUARE IS FINISHED!! 0/10 WORST GAME OF ALL TIME!!

>I want the people who wrote the FF7 spin offs to expand the FF7 base game!

Luckily not everyone is as retarded as you.

Reminds me of MGS4 time.

Infinite in mystery is the mindset of the shitposter. They seek the (You) and take to Yea Forums. Ripples form on the thread's surface. The wondering lurker knows no rest.

I think you missed the point.

The people who worked on the original game are working on this, yes in different roles, but still

Nojima is still writer

I'll play the full game when it's on sale in 2040.

Except for Sakaguchi, Uematsu, Narita, Naora...

OP is right
>b-b-but FF7 had 3 discs!!
But the whole game released at the same time.
Not
>one episode every 2 fucking years

I'm not the guys you responded to.
But you can wait for the whole game to release first and then play it.
I will because as he said in the video, a year or two wait for maybe playing the next part might get annoying. I felt the same shit about .Hack. Next game didn't have changed controls, not better visuals etc. It was the exact same game with the exact same assets, yet I had to wait two to three months until the next part.
I hate that shit. The game looks amazing, but it's not like I get spoiled over key plots for waiting, so I will just wait for a full release when I'm 50 or something.

>And I thought XV-kun was the craziest thing that happened to Final fantasy
I'm pretty sure the FF XIII conference where Toriyama was going on and on about his waifu Lightning, how she's like a vase of roses and how there's a pic of her in the office like she's watching over them is the craziest thing to happen to Final Fantasy.

Don't you people know how small FF7 was? The reactor levels were just 5 areas at most.

Did anyone else cancel their pre order when they saw tifa's tits?

Seriously, why do you people even care about ff anymore? It hasn't been good since forever. Just accept it's a dead franchise and let every nostalgiafag eat the shit they're served.
Just let it go.

>episode1 is already confirmed to take 2 blu-rays, that's RDR2 levels of content, or near that
How fucking retarded are you people? Gears Of War 4, an 8 hour action game, had a 90GB install size.

Why not compare it to something they actually published? XV Windows edition is around 90gb and has plenty of content. NOT NECESSARILY QUALITY CONTENT, but content all the same.

>NOT NECESSARILY QUALITY CONTENT
You are everything that is wrong with vidya

Attached: Data Kill Them.jpg (1440x1080, 116K)

>3 years + 60$ = (5 years + 60$) * 5 times
...and the "most retarded post of the day" award goes to...

Attached: stupidity.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>-episode1 is already confirmed to take 2 blu-rays, that's RDR2 levels of content, or near that
>they literally can't afford to sell more episodes in a single product since they would just go bankrupt.
>it won't happen since this case isn't caused by greed but by necessity, it can't be backpedaled.
You're not making any sense. If episode 1 is already confirmed to be near 100 gigs in size, then obviously they're splitting the remake because IT'S TOO FUCKING HUGE TO BE SOLD AS A SINGLE GAME. Do people not understand how big these old JRPG's are? If you remake them with realistic proportions their scale would jump to astronomical size. We are talking hundreds of gigs in size and just as many hours of gameplay here. If it took 2 minutes to get from one side of the continent to the opposite side in original, then in remake it might take 30 minutes. Do people not understand this? Think with your dumb, rotten brain sometimes, you stupid shits. They're not splitting 40 hour game in to 7 parts because they're greedy or because they need money like this poster is implying, they're splitting it up because the scale is huge and they will need a decade at least to complete the entire thing and it will be too damn big to release as a single game.
>inb4 hurr that's why they should have kept the old art style and simply remade it to be exactly like it was in the original but with improved graphics
Then what the fuck would be the point? There's the brushed up version of ff7 on all three consoles and you've got mods on PC. Play that if that's your thing.

It's not exactly the same thing, but if you can get almost as much playtime out of one part than the entire original game, then anyone would have to agree it's worth the price tag.

>Get FFVII remake
>complain it isn't out for five fucking years
>Game gets release date
>immediately start complaining about shit revealed five years ago

You cannot make this shit up, how fucking new are some of you children?

Attached: Cobain.jpg (462x327, 24K)

I think that the point that they were trying to drill into us is that they will

>>FF7 had 3 physical Discs and no one complained
>>People are complaining about FF7 being split into episodes

I didn't have to wait a fucking year or more between discs and pay $60 for each new Disc

I'm pretty sure I touched my last CD In ~ 2009

>10 chapters
I'm on your side here but don't be retarded, thats absurd. 3 chapters, maybe MAYBE 4. I seriously doubt 4.

Don't forget you'll have to buy a PS5 to finish the game.

You overestimate the length of Midgar portion, I played throught FF7 again recently and it's really really short, about as long as it takes to go to the first Dungeon in TP, and that user is accurate in saying it's about a tenth of the complete game

And you overestimate how much they'll expand on the rest of the game. Midgar is massive because they feel it's most representative of the FFVII world. They aren't going to put that much effort into fucking Bone Village.