Gore in video games

Why aren't games as gorey anymore?

Attached: cgZzfxeQJeoopQB6YpBzPX.jpg (1920x1080, 479K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SDCQY6nHsbI
youtube.com/watch?v=dbUw7ehGYK8
youtube.com/watch?v=B0cJMAmRJJY
youtube.com/watch?v=RhFKfquq-MI
youtube.com/watch?v=cpdIXN0DMrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Got Replaced with ragdolls for a brief period, also hasn't gore already had a comeback with games Doom 2016, Wolfenstien, and even rise of the triad and Shadow warrior.

They still make gorey games. We are all just so accustomed to video game violence it barely even registers anymore.

nuDoom is gory the fuck you talking about

They still exist, but to be honest, they've become so realistic that I avoid playing them.

mk11

Because country regulations would get them banned. Devs want their game to be sold on as many countries as possible, so spending time on a feature that will hurt sales doesn't make sense. I miss when you could dismember enemies in games.

I'm still mad we'll never get 90's era video games anymore, too many kids play them now and too many soccer moms would start bitching about content. Also fuck the ESRB.

I love Blood. It always gets a chuckle out of me when the cultists scream or shriek.

CRUDDOX CRUO

Attached: 1519833377815.gif (106x118, 7K)

*teleports behind cultist*
*enables god mdoe*
Heh, modern arts and fear books, kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=SDCQY6nHsbI

MODERN ARTS

they're still just as gory if not more so, you're just willfully being ignorant to pretend like there's some sort of agenda against your preferences so you can feel like a victim. fucking bitch

Attached: 1539539488209.jpg (1440x795, 229K)

Modern games have looney tunes styles of """"extreme violence""""; nothing at all like what you'd see in Blood.

I too miss when zombies would die so hard that they fly across the map

Did they really lose their mind at the sorry state of contemporary art?
Were they villains that dindu nuffin all along?

realistic gore is more disturbing and uncomfortable than cartoon 90s gore

>LMFAO look at those bad physics!
How does it feel being unironic zoomer cancer.

Killing floor 2, any blood you spill on the map stays there the whole game literal bloodbath

fuck off retard, I wasn't saying it like a bad thing

Game sauce?

This, half of the threads on Yea Forums are like this

Kids can't take that shit apparently.

Tchernobog wanted to stop the western society before it's too late

ZOOM ZOOM

youtube.com/watch?v=dbUw7ehGYK8

KNEEL BEFORE ME

>Blood, the game where you can stab a voodoo doll to kill enemies and can decapitate zombies and kick their heads around and there's even a level where there's a minigame where you kick heads into a giant mouth for a prize at a fair is not looney tunes level extreme violence
O.K.

Blood is just as cartoony, the entire game is cheesy as fuck in a good way. I guess you could say modern games lack soul

Voodoo doll doesn't involve any violence or blood. You'd know this if you played the fucking game.

I'm saying it's ridiculous cartoon violence.

>literally rips apart the enemy's flesh, leaving the skeleton
what counts as violence to you?

MARANAX

Attached: 1559765372880.gif (63x106, 9K)

Localization

I wish Tales games are gory

Attached: v.jpg (739x415, 28K)

Most noticeable new games is Diablo 3 where they completely fucked up the tone of the game and literally made it a saturday morning cartoon with blood sprinkled everywhere.

Fuck Blizzard.

Attached: 1560537625144.png (420x420, 240K)

Voodoo dolls don't do that in the vanilla game. I suggest you uninstall whatever stupid mods you're using or delete Fresh Supply.

The new Doom game, Dying Light, RDR2, God of War, Witcher 3, Killing Floor 2, all had plenty of gore. I really don't see your point OP.

It does against the butchers.
Looks like you're the zoomer that played for 5 mins and turned off the game.

Many games are still pretty gory. What kind of flavor are you after?

No it doesn't. I have literally never seen that happen to any of the enemies. Again, your either using some mods or using Fresh Supply which is NOT the way to be playing Blood as it's both a buggy mess and changes too much stuff from the vanilla game to be a true remaster.

I have never touched fresh supply, I literally just booted up dosbox and checked on E2M2 butchers

Old Fallout games are my favorite gore in vidya, mostly because makes your weapons feel great and nothing beats criting a faggot in the eye with plasma
youtube.com/watch?v=B0cJMAmRJJY

They do that on human enemies: Cultist, Zombies and Butchers. Is rather uncommon for anything but Butchers

Attached: FO1.gif (249x240, 1.82M)

>Blood
>Good
people love to cry about duke3d hit scanners wouldnt be surprised if some of them were bloodfags. Remember most of the modern bloodfags are just fags who never played old school FPS till recently and duke is too sexist and lo wang is too racist for them so they go with the safe spooky guy.

Attached: Blood_1997_Extra_Crispy_Walkthrough_Episode_1.webm (1280x720, 962K)

It does you fucking posing cunt.

>Games aren't as gory anymore
>implying
Resident Evil 2 Remake, Mordhau and Salt And Sanctuary from the top of my head.
>implying
Pic related, Blood is the best gameplay wise besides the abuse of hitscan, obviously.

Attached: 1547333818240.png (1176x562, 563K)

The level of gore in games is higher than it has ever been.

Because once you' ve seen the animation, it gets boring after the 100th time.

Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Bam, only answer you need.

I guess the more realistic games get, the harder it becomes to pull off realistic gore

You wanted some gore?
youtube.com/watch?v=RhFKfquq-MI
By the end of a round, there are entire pathways painted solid red with blood.

Those and Mortal Kombat, most of the finishers are prolonged and comically grotesque

Oh look, another retard can't figure out how to move and use dynamite and failing miserably at a game trying to play it like Doom came crying about MUH HITSCANNERS.

I miss the old gore

God of War 3 was ridiculous over the top blood and guts

You'd have to know where enemies were to pull that off so you have to either have esp or are replaying the game. It's completely unfair for someone that hasn't memorized where all the enemies are located. Face it, it's just a flaw in the game.

A few games have Gore.

Attached: gore magala.png (1093x807, 878K)

Thing is, you're not supposed to play skill4/skill5 on first playthrough, arguably not even skill3 if you're new to old FPS. Skill5/skill4 often turns into a crawl in singleplayer since the most optimal strategy is to know enemy locations and to chuck TNT around corners.

Thing is, that still makes it a flaw.

Attached: SOF2.webm (1118x838, 2.91M)

Attached: SOF2_2.webm (1118x838, 2.73M)

>OP clearly implying that games IN GENERAL aren't as gory as they used to be
>Autists naming the occasional uncommon example where a modern game is indeed gory

Attached: shadow-warrior-2-3-1.jpg (1920x1080, 836K)

They are. In fact, gorey games are so common now that you barely even notice, giving you the impression that they're not gorey anymore. I recently played RAGE 2 and you can completely rip enemies to pieces but I barely even noticed I was gibbing them because I'm desensitized to video game violence at this point.

Hello, OP.

Attached: this-this-is-not-one-of-those-better-humans-previously-mentioned.png (1769x995, 3.56M)

Not OP just your friendly neighborhood shitposter

gore isn't as good anymore. Only good gore that we still have is mortal kombat, and that shit game got a whole bag of it's own problems aside from being boring as fuck.

>nuDoom
>nuWolfensteins
>RAGE 2
>Bulletstorm
>Killing Floor 1/2
>Resident Evil 2 Remake
>Sniper Elite 2/3/4
>Max Payne 3
>Evil Within 1/2
>Mortal Kombat X/XI
>Dead Space 1/2
>Hotline Miami 1/2
>Dishonored 1/2
>Dying Light 1/2

These are just off the top of my head. There are plenty of newer gorey games, it's just that gorey games used to cause so much more controversy before so those games registered in your head as gorey games. Now everyone has sort of accepted video games violence so it isn't nearly as impactful as it was when all the controversy was still surrounding the topic.

Mortal Kombat's gore is funny. It's not shocking anymore as it was in the 90s when video game violence was brand new and trendy, now it's just humorous. If a game were to come along with a gore system similar to Soldier of Fortune but with modern graphics, now that would be something interesting.

You cheeky fuck.

>old games have more gore because I said so
It just doesn't work like that OP

SOF2 is still king
youtube.com/watch?v=cpdIXN0DMrQ

It might have gotten a little less common because sprite gore and low-poly gore was much easier to make than high-poly gore that aims for photorealism.

>You'd have to know where enemies were to pull that off
No you don't, you just need to move and especially crouch A LOT, not stand and shoot cultists and not stepping from acorner for every shot like in Doom. That doesn't require memorising the enemy placements, at least on Lightly Broiled and lower, and while there are some cheap moments, especially with fire-breathing doggos, the solution for them is gitting gud.

for some reason, newer gore just isn't as fun as old gore
when can we kick heads arounds again like in postal2?

The fuck is the matter with you?