Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_T3Du6_34l8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing to discuss, you're right

4>6>5
4 is best SP
6 is best MP
5 is obsolete

Attached: 1469017472349.jpg (500x500, 40K)

5 is pretty shit, 6 basically makes it irrelevant, 4 is overrated but has some nice features. Objective best is Test of Time, but Alpha Centauri is the absolute peak.

>best mp
>constant desyncs
What?

What is the comfiest 4X style game for a singleplayer session?
I've always loved 4X games but it feels like they have too much of a focus on being playable as a PVP multiplayer game, something with more of a focus on a long single player session would be rad.

3 > All
t. Unreasonable nostalgiafag that still misses dynamic leaderheads and the less cartoony artstyle that 4 started shifting towards

i actually like 6

Attached: 20190302194830_1.jpg (1360x768, 241K)

6 looks pretty fun.
5 has been my only 4X ever and I like it a lot actually even though I've never played above like Chieftain, would I like 6?

4 is by far the best in.the series.

Endless Legend, as well as Endless Space 2. The faction story quests usually take up most of the game. Plus there's the absolutely fantastic soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=_T3Du6_34l8

this. I was done with civ when I saw civ 5. I don't even know what civ 6 looks like.

>went looking for a Civ thread
>alas, here we are
I just decided to start playing Civ V the other night. Can't wait to get IV on sale. Might pick up VI.

Endless Space 2 is goat desu

Civ VI launch was a major disappointment for me. I still play V but im considering buying the DLCs for VI, maybe they fixed the game.

Attached: autism.png (301x113, 28K)

Master of Magic, it works as a roleplay and adventure game as well. It's a singleplayer only game so the designers were able to afford making the game have so many overpowered tools and strategies.

Attached: master of magic.png (3840x2880, 969K)

They need to bring back palace building

6 & 5 don't have Fall From Heaven, therefore 4 is best game.

who cares, they are strategy games for the dummies

I remember getting civilization 4 and being angry that you couldn't have nearly as many cities as you could in civ 2 and civ 3. All the big epic maps and mods in those games couldn't be recreated in civ 4 and the world felt so small. I'm going to play as the romans in italy! Oh, I can only fit two cities in italy. Fun. I never got into civ 4 much and I fumed about civ 5 going in an even worse direction when it was being made, but I'm long since over the games now.

6 is better than 5 in almost every way.

No nothing has been fixed. The DLC is simply expensive frosting over a shit cake. The core gameplay is still extremely tedious and linear.
You can buy yourself like 4 other decent games for the price of the rising storm dlc

Some people like 5's art style better. Cant say I blame them, but 6 is better in pretty much every other way. There are mods to make 6 look like 5 so you're not missing much.

Sins of a Solar Empire is pretty based, a little on the real time side though. Also, Civilization is mostly played single player.

4 > 5 > 6

Civ4 with the Fall From Heaven 2 mod.

What makes Fall from Heaven so good? Looks like fanfic tier mod

check out the paradox titles like EU4 or CKII, their appeal is long singleplayer campaigns you can't finish in one sitting. If you think the games are expensive bc of DLC, wait for a sale and buy the base game for like 5 bucks to try it out.

Endless legend is very unique and definitely worth a try if you have 20 bucks to spare. It's refreshing if all you know is CIV.

ANNO 1404 or anno 1800, while not exactly 4X games, will scratch that same itch. they are definitely very comfy.

Also: 5=4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Endless Space 2
Master of Orion 2
Master of Magic
SMAC

All very comfy

>paradox games
>4x

No

>Lódz
Either use Polish letters or don't. This is just retarded.