LITERALLY ON LIFE SUPPORT IN THE WEST

>Playerbase is declining day by day
>Oldfags that lurk the server all day are still delusional that this game has future in the west despite the fact the boomers are giving up on playing seriously to just to watch tournaments
>The dev team cant deliver 2v2 anymore(and more) and thanks to nuBlizzard right now there is a hobo drinking scotch and a monkey dancing in the BW RE dev room
>Zoomers and Noobs cant get into it or get scared away by fucking smurfs
>Tournaments give no motive to participate since they have nothing tangible for pool prizes
>No improved ai and no an official training map pack

How can we make this game great again Yea Forums?

Attached: JUST.jpg (1200x630, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgmCLtUkEutKY8IlwyVCUFoRtgQe3LCf1
youtube.com/user/LSbyang14/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You cannot make gook click popular.

Im not sure what are you talking about exactly, but in Asia the game is still thriving. 20.000 active players in korea and 2000 players in asia. On the other hand 300 players on eu, 400 players on america. Something is wrong here

>eonzerg about to qualify for asl

>about

Well good for him but why the prize pools are so small? Reminder that this game needs some serious dedication and skills to play competitive and this is not encouraging. Sure you can sign in for the experience, but if there isnt some prize how potentialy talented newcomers could join the game?

implying he wont get disqualified again since gooks fear the caucasiod

SC has been dead for over a decade dude. It's only alive somewhat in korea. Remastered didn't fucking change anything

the game came out in 1998, im amazed its survived as long as it has. and it will always have a korean audience.

>Make the game F2P
>Ladder cost money tho ;)
Should have gone all out and made the entire thing free.

never was much of a SC player, but I cannot help but see the similarities with AoE2 in terms of age and remasters and how all could have ended up for us. I hope you SCbros the best

they f2ped original BW only, and it did not have automatching ladder

This is truth, I tried to host a bunch of UMS a few hours ago and nobody came
Fuck man

Well that might be true, but with the remastered release, there was hype and newcomers willing to learn the game.I was one with among them and I know.BUT. The fact that you can make infinite accounts allowed oldfags to smurf on noobs and newcomers, and effectively scared them away. To this day, Blizzard havent limited the acc creation. The release was clunky as fuck. No promised ranked and ladder at release, and the matches were laggy as fuck. They have fixed this and now the 1v1 ranked runs smoothly. It took them ages to add an mmr indication on the VS screen so you can know the opponents lvl. Before that showing your rank was optional and every smurf fag was hiding it. Why no improved ai and a official training map pack? Oldfags gave them a pass on that because they want the newcomers to suffer through the outdated and boring "manual training" like they did. Blizzard went full lazy on that one and decided to let the newb training on oldfags as the "tradition commands". Relying on your fans to do the work for you, is not fine in my book. Seriously if the game had a AAA treatment the west fanbase would be much much bigger. Now its slowly dying

While they F2p the original, the faggots went ahead and forced the native aspect ratio on it so that they can "passively" force you to buy the remastered version. Now you can play BW classic only with black borders. It sucks and at least let people play classic on wide screen mode

>stretching BW to 16:9
ISHYGDDT

Strech me to 16:9 ;)

It was a thunder in a bottle. Its success was unexpected. It took them years to fine tune it with patches. People loved it, especially the Koreans, and made it the first(and still the best) esport game in existence. I think people still love it because the matches are still exciting but fucking Activision Blizzard didnt really cared to attract new blood. They could, but they went cheap on that remastered thus disrespecting its legacy, the fame and money this game gave to them. Fuck nublizzard

I meant they should have made the entire remaster free. It's not a killer app anymore, just solidify it's name as THE esport and maybe get some new blood

You cant mate. They have forced this aspect ration. 16:9 Stretch is a frequent demand on official forums, but they wont comply because as I said the black borders are there to annoy you and make you buy the remastered version.

why would anyone who haven't been playing this for 15 years try it

ladder is 90% buildorder wins and cheese its complete cancer. i have no idea how you would fix it but until you do RTS is DEAD.

Is this how people bad at the game really think?

yes
thats exactly the point

Zoomers were never going to get into it in any meaningful numbers outside of Korea. It's basically riding remnant boomer energy, infectious interest is made when something is new and you have a ton of time to pour into a game. Across genres people are going to be disappointed if they're counting on their game being relevant for a long time unless the sequels manage to be consistently great, and even then it's a sort of slow death like you see in the fgc. Competitive scenes hanging around as persistent niches is about the most you can hope for, especially in a game like BW that's inherently going to feel incredibly archaic for new players compared to everything else they've played, as great as it is.

new players aren't willing to so sink tons of times into a game to get good anymore, and you really need to sink time and continue sinking time in bw to stay on top. Nowadays people aren't used to sticking with a single game and just play fotm games

Nah man since work has been put mostly on the visual department and the game is cheap to buy and still sells in asia. Its stupid as an idea. What they need to do is to put more work force in it and deliver on their list of future promises. 2v2 should be a priority since its the basic demand of the fan base, the "test server" that they have announced some weeks ago is still not up, so they should hurry up on that, and lastly they should pull their heads out of their asses and stop listening to the oldfags and add an good ai and a training map pack for the newcomers. Its every noobs demand. BWAPI fan made AIs are garbage. They are a bit better that the shitty original AI but they still do retarded shit

SC2 is better.

I literally had a friend list with newcomers willing to learn the game when the remastered was out, but eventually they got discouraged by the skill gap, the lack of training tools and the fucking smurf accounts. Sure this game wasnt the next big thing on the zoomers but there were a good bunch of them wanting to get into it and spread the word. Im a new player as well. I joined the game when the remastered was out. I hate to see it like this

>SC2 is better
Heres the faggot that shills SC2 in every BW thread. Keep lying to yourself boy. Have played SC2 and it plays a bit worse that BW and it looks and sounds wayy fucking worse than BW. Also its story is a fanfiction. It doesnt align well as a sequel

>You can defeat cheese if you actually try to learn the game.
>90% build order wins. Nah. While that holds true in lower ranks, the pro games are mostly being decided by how many micro/tactical mistakes they will make

its just a gonna be like melee, dead game casually with a hardcore competitive crowd and the occasional hyped showmatch

I guess. Blizzard fucked it up

Gook clickers are boring as fuck to play, but they can be fun to watch

Nope. In fact they are intense as fuck because they are fast paced. Boomers got old and cant keep up with those speeds anymore but they watch matches because they still like the game

lol

smurfs exist everywhere, try to play 5 comp matches in a row on low ranks without being fucked by a new accounts insanely good, that happens also in starcraft 2, the problems is that they can't do much for SC:R, it's a classic and they can't change the way it's played

>so fun no one plays them
amazing

how do i pirate this

SC is free to play, but if u want the remastered version u have to pay for it, it's basically a texture filter that cam adapt to any resolution

It's a 20 year old game, move on already

and it still been played, shame that ur shitty games cant last 3 years alive.

Boomer War is done for old man. Enjoy those PvP KSL games, GEEZER?

i want remastered

Because they've built a cult around it and a multimillion entertainment industry.
West didn't

youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w

Awesome! When is this coming out?

oh no a 20 year old game is dead

Reminds me how WC3 Battle.net is pretty much dead. Custom maps seem to be getting more people lately, but I imagine that's only because of WC3 Remastered being announced.

Attached: arthas make lordaeron great again.jpg (199x196, 18K)

That's pretty much the nature of every competitive community that I've seen. People that legitimately like the game enough to fight through it will keep the niche going but that's the extent of it, it makes sense that a lot of people will turn to fresher pastures like battle royale games now instead of throwing themselves at a decades tall wall of legacy skill. Once upon a time pretty much everyone that played video games on a PC played a lot of BW or Counterstrike, or on consoles games like Street Fighter or Tekken, and they played them for a lot of different reasons outside of competitive ladder climbing. As fun as it is to bitch about developer support that's ultimately what drives these machines that got absolutely huge for a time. It's fun to see the people that play a game in a way you could never dream of, but it only really has that appeal if you played it a lot yourself (the same with things that are tangentially related like speedrunning). I think that's missed a lot by developers trying to force themselves into esports relevance, and why games like Smash especially have persisted among many different crowds. You can't just feed the competitive level and expect it to grow, it has to be all of them, and if the kids don't like the campaigns or cocking around in BGH or UMS with their friends there's only so much you can do. I'd like to see BW persist because it's got a lot of interesting quirks that I don't think will ever be able to be replicated intentionally in any new game and I doubt any current developers are really capable of making an RTS to supplant it, but I'd call the likelihood of it settling in as a psedo-chess level standard game a long shot. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming years though.

rts is dead and always will be dead
why? because of esports faggots

Nobody gives a shit about BW. Only gooks and stream monster koreaboos care about this trash.

>SC remaster
>AoE2 Definitive Edition
>WC3 remaster
what's up with these many RTS classic remasters? I mean, it's better than turning them into mobileshit like C&C, but it's weird

i am on eu server

They remastered the game only around the e-sport scene while removing starforge and scmdraft support. I know e-sport is where's the money at but a major portion if not the majority of people played mostly usm maps. Not to mention how blizzard's launcher kills any attempt of modding the game.

true, modern blizzard are the stupidest monkeys

saves 100% on game design and balancing

It is fun, but it is a complex game and they have done nothing to introduce it to a new audience

Was that hard to create SC using the SC2 engine? that is all i wanted, being the simple and well balanced game SC1 was but with the improvements in controls and graphics of the second one.

RIP

I guess so. Koreas were the ones that made the game really famous and they havent got over it

no thanks, the classic design is so much better, and 3d in rts sucks. It's so much harder to read.

He was in a rigged bracket in seoul, he had to play Flash of all fucking people in the semis. Flash got like 2 bys in a row because his opponents didn't even bother turning up.

Anyway, this season of ASL is looking fucking gold. They've altered the format so that the ro16 is now a mix of bo1s and bo3s instead of all bo1s, and the finals will be bo7 instead of bo5. Flash is back, and there is almost zero chance of a PvP since there'll be fuck all protoss till the ro16
Protosses:
Mini (seed)
Rain (seed)
Horang2 (seed)
Best
Guemchi
Stork
Ajuk12

Terrans:
Last (seed)
Sharp
Flash
Mong
Rush
PianO
JyJ

Zergs:
Action
Sacsri
Larva
Soma
Jaedong
MisO
Soulkey
ZeLoT

Attached: D9GX646U4AUpMZX.jpg (1536x2048, 406K)

Nothing lives forever.

I forgot to mention there's still 6 spots up. Snow, Shine and Zero/Queen still haven't qualified, maybe ForGG will make it as well. so it'll still probably be a pretty balanced tournament racewise

A good thought. Yea you cant force a competitive game down to peoples throats, let alone one with outdated gameplay. They had the chance to make it easier to get into though but they blew it. Thats my main complain. Fighting games are always change their formula with their new game releases and people are kept invested. Thats where the problem lies for me. In a sea of competitive games that their meta is being frequently changed for balance reasons or to keep the game fresh thus resulting into a whole different game, broodwar shall always remain the same old game with the same old gameplay. Your knowledge never goes to waste. And I like that, even if I belong to the new gen of gamers. I like to know that even if I dont play the game for,lets say a year, when I log in I want to see that it hasnt changed into something completely different.

Koreans being too good killed Starcraft

Will we see Flash playing KSL or ASL this year?

this is pretty much spot on. You see the same thing in any genre that requires a high level of mechanical play in order to compete.

In a side note, BW did just get a total conversion DLC announced that turns the whole game into those SC flash cartoons, complete with briefings and everything. Somebody at blizzard seems to really give a shit about Brood War, I was totally amazed they even bothered to fund a 3rd season of KSL

Attached: blegh.jpg (1899x913, 317K)

he's back for this season of ASL, all the qualified players are here

You are dumbass, thats why sc2 is here for. A 3d rts starcraft game. What would be the point of making BW with sc2 engine? The result would be a BW 2.0 that nobody would recognize and everyone would refuse to play. The game was meant to be played like the way people used to play back then. It just needed a new coat of paint to look HD enough. In, fact as a former SC2 player, I prefer BW RE 2d visuals to the ugly and bloomy SC2's 3d visuals. Thats all. Stick to SC2.

>unironically concerned about multiplayer

Lol that could be a valid reason. They killed Brood War for the West thats for sure. Also try an play on their Korean gateway. They are elitists and they act as if this game belongs to them and to no one else outside the Korea

I met a bunch of Koreans on exchange. They tell me that Starcraft was big but like any "sport" there's competition for people's attention. And kids nowadays are just more interested in shinier shit than Starcraft.

Basically everyone tries Starcraft because their older brother or some relative plays it with them, but at the end of the day a lot of kids would rather play something like League or PUBG. Starcraft is in a better situation there than here where an older generation gets a younger generation involved; here nobody fucking passes anything down to the kids.

fuck, he's HUGE

They are currently working on converting the game's framework into a full 64bit fuctionality. (I dont really know wtf that means tho) Mod and BWAPI support on the remastered is in their future plans but is not a priority. That means its uncertain whether RE would get mod support

Yea I guess thats how it is in Korea. My problem with the Koreans is that since they are the top dogs when it comes to this game, they have done nothing to help the westerns to git gud. Sure they owe us nothing, but there are westerners watching their channels to learn from them but have trouble understand their language. They could at least translate some of their "advice giving" videos. It would be a win-win

lmao just learn hangul

That would be CarBot animations. This guy animate blizzard stuff with this mod's style on youtube. He and his team perhaps, made a smiliar cartoonify mod on SC2 and it has found huge success. Its nice to see him cartoonify BW as well

lol just watch some replays

whats hangul?

Attached: hangul.jpg (1266x896, 125K)

That's why so many SC2 pros switched over to remastered right?

I do watch, but the videos where they are talking strategies and stuff, I cant understand them. I know that there are small channels that translates some videos from korean to english, but they are hard to find and the can do so much as fans to help the foreigners

Well I didnt know that Brood War training included learning a whole new language in it as well. No wonder this game is the hardest out there to learn lmao

Whats the prize pool on this tournament

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgmCLtUkEutKY8IlwyVCUFoRtgQe3LCf1
Much better resource for learning the game than whatever gooks have produced

Yea I watch that channel. Day9 did a good job here. His vids are lenghty though, so I take my time with them

dead genre
give up

80 milion trylion gook money so about $60k

Also why the fuck didnt they include more base skins as microtransaction option? Preorder skins look amazing and people keep asking them. They have added recently a korean announcer voice pack for purchase. I hope they throw something for the westerners as well. Like a Tastosis voice pack

Terrible idea

why?

make that Rapid one and I send dollars

You guys are so optimistic that Starcraft can be saved. It can't. It was a good game at a time when games fucking sucked, which made it a great game and thus a large portion of gamers played it.

Gamers are just different people now. They can get whatever the fuck they want and are instantly connected with people to play with. It's no longer about playing Starcraft because your friends play it; now you can actually straight up be as anti-social as you like, which I'm sure is an option people are taking more than ever. Kids are never going to get off their phones for games; it doesn't matter if the pool of gamers has increased, the growth is clearly in the mobile marketplace.

Koreans made the fucking game a sport - namely something you could practice often and always find some way to improve. Starcraft isn't a sport in North America, it's a game. And games, even the few e-sports we have a scene for, are utterly disposable here. People would rather just do a pile of new novelty shit every week than dedicate to a single complex activity. Even shit like DotA no longer has a fucking home in North America.

What really killed OG Starcraft was Terran. The only real strat against them as zerg is 3 hatch muta, then get defilers etc. Mech is insanely powerful against all 3 races. To beat Terran as zerg is a steep hill and there's tanks at the top killing everything you have and then your only units that can protect you against that gets irradiated. The whole game is about defilers and you can kill them easily with science vessels. Don't get me wrong you can win as protoss or zerg but at the top levels it's mostly been terran that has won the most and for a good reason. They have more range and better units. The vulture can place mines everywhere and is easy to micro, if the protoss gets carriers you just get goliaths.

>What really killed OG Starcraft was Terran.
Is that why no terran but Last can advance past group stage in KSL/ASL?
>Mech is insanely powerful against all 3 races
Is that why no terran plays mech vs Z anymore?
I get you. Terrans molest you on ladder.

Asians want whites to watch them the same way they obsess over black men and foot ball. Asian men want the world to know when one of their starcraft players sprains their wrist in the same way all of the west knows when a basketball player pulls a leg muscle.

The real question is how do they captivate this large, and retarded fan base full of morons who can't control their own money? Personally? I don't think it can.

Terran has dominated throughout Starcraft's history, in fact all Bonjwas are terran. Savior was banned so he doesn't even count anymore. If zerg or protoss is supposed to be "strong" explain that. I'll wait

Starcraft/warcraft was never about esport shit to begin with.
But blizzard is fucking retarded.
People played it for custom maps.

Attached: 4db41a68a47ffaeec2752bba96d844bd696f3c6508d9bad0303e01696f21bcf9.jpg (850x1200, 304K)

So I guess esports were just a passing fad? Actually I noticed with the rise of BR games, every other esport lost popularity. BR killed esports and Brood War is a product of its time.

>shit look all those sixes

>custom maps
Take a wild guess how I know you were born after 00.

Maybe on a first glance. I heard koreans saw gambling potential on this game and made illegal broodwar tournaments at the beginning. They had so much success that they have reached to Blizzards ears and they have sent a team to see what the fuck is going on in Korea. I dont know how reliable is that rumor though

* original starcraft 1 (not broodwar)

there is already a channel that translates portions of their stream to english
stop making excuses

I'm 26.
And SC was my first PC game with Red alert on dad's computer.
Esport faggotry is 1% of the playerbase, That's why SC2 failed so hard a well. Instead of making the game fun for everyone, they just catered to a niche that would drop the game if balance weren't to their liking.

Attached: f6f526d17f4bc1bab003244dec605f88.jpg (1787x2500, 1.42M)

nah most people played ums. you barely saw games in ladder.

back to drumpfkin

Can confirm, when I first got Warcraft 3 I went through the campaign and then played custom maps for over 5 years. I never played a single game of real War3.

>they just catered to a niche that would drop the game if balance weren't to their liking.
That, and they made the map editor complete shit compared to the Warcraft 3 one where any retard could easily figure out how to make a map. Also include that complete ass popularity system instead of lobbies like original SC for custom maps and you have a recipe for a real shit custom map scene.

the little caster pack that could
>"uhh you should probably build more dragoons because more dragoons beat less dragoons"

>"your drones are under attack! He is going to wreck your base, I've never seen such a drone massacre. He got four, okay, maybe that was a miscall, I'm not perfect guys"

>"here come the storms AND THEY ARRGHHUH GAURRUGHGHGHHGH OH MY GAWWWWWD THOSE STORMS YOU ARE SO HANDSOME"

>"You can't build at that location, this is like one of the things you need to uh, learn when you want to play this game, that we call brood war, uh, it's like that meme you remember the one where the dude can't build his thing? Oh really you've never seen it? It's pretty good"

Attached: 1538314421160.png (1242x764, 929K)

Competitive 1vs1 is the cancer that killed the genre.
Same happened with a lot of fighting games.
Think about your favorite fps , now think about why you dont play it 1vs1.
Yeah because it is boring to anyone except the ones that spent over 5000 practicing and perfecting the same shitty building order/tactic the game.

esports as a real competetive scene in the athlete sense is probably gone. Can you imagine bw teamhouses today, 20 dudes living in four rooms practicing 14 hours a day in the hope they'll be picked to play a pro game

>i want somebody else to blame when I play like shit: the post

>Can you imagine bw teamhouses today, 20 dudes living in four rooms practicing 14 hours a day in the hope they'll be picked to play a pro game
I'll make it happen in my regime

they were in a pretty good spot with wol
then they decided that charging additional money to play the multiplayer and divide the playerbase just when f2p games where getting popular was a good idea.
also complete retarded design with new units.
no new shit introduced compared to other games that always introduce new characters and shit.

Attached: 1544708126638.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

Link?

youtube.com/user/LSbyang14/videos

Terran indeed have the advantage in BW. They have more units, the workers are tanky as fuck, and some unit costs are retarded. In a perfect match terran will always prevail but when it comes to human skill vs mechanics, terran somewhat balances with the other two races. Also a part of the balance is being decided by the maps, and the majority of the maps always try to nerf terrans.

You can keep denying it like a faggot. But your shitty niche will just keep shrinking.
Thanks to intense esport and meta shit , everyone will be scared from buying your shit.
I had a friend with who i used to play coop puzzle games like portal2 and few other genres. But once i tried to get him to play rts even when i told him that starcraft 2 was free, he refused. "I dont want to memorize a long building order that i keep repeating same shit under stress or lose just because the other guy click faster" This is what you average joe have about rts thanks to "competitve" shit.

I agree. Broodwar esports created high stakes for the sequel and Blizzard got scared to innovate. They havent added a new race and they didnt evolve the Starcraft formula. They just improved broodwar old mechanics and added new units. Also they have failed to deliver on the single player campain with that shitty story

Esports as a real competetive scene like every other competitive sport scene is being moved by popularity and money. Right now the fat stacks of money lie on BR games(until of course something new comes up)

Bro I already knew that channel. Thats why I have made this comment They can do so much while advice videos are getting pumped every month. They cant keep up with the translations

If game or competitive activity is played for long enough, people will figure out the optimal way to perform, what is the optimal way to counter those strategies, and what alternatives can be done instead, and then how those can be played against. "meta shit" is how humans think. All humans. Look at any sport, there's a reason people play a certain way, it's because people have spent enough time thinking about it to distil it down to shit like build orders. Expecting players to continue bumbling around when the objective is to win is retarded, people don't work like that. competitive people don't, anyway

But your average joe never wants to play competitive games. He prefers single player games

Exactly. Broodwar is like foodball or poker. The same shit rules since the dawn of time and yet people still play/watch to this day

You wish, there are more SC2 pros. I think you are confusing all the boring ass Boomer War PROtoss players with actual pros.

That's not true. People get used to an accepted meta and everything revolves around that, then suddenly somebody starts playing in an unusual way and that meta breaks apart. Look at BW, Protoss sucked shit versus zerg for like ten years until Bisu came along and figured out how to utilize the corsair properly to unbalance the zerg. Or look at the 1/1/1 build or the mech switch for terran versus zerg. Both dominated the game for a long time, and were only discovered 20 years after the game's release. Now we have the goliath heavy build doing well becuase it catches zergs in a spot where they've made themselves vulnerable playing against older builds. It's not like anybody's discovered a new secret way of playing the game, but any meta has holes, and countering players will come up with a playstyle that exploits that. Then they'll counter that with something, and then somebody will go back to the original playstyle and find it's doing well against modern players. People's playstyles and expectations about what their opponent will do shift all the time, and that's what makes it exciting to watch.

I watch both BW and SC2, and SC2 is fucking dead in korea while BW is dead outside of it, and both of them are dwarfed by other, shitter games. It's sad.

>dead in korea
prove it

But doesnt that happened in football and other games as well? People do something out of the blue and if that works, you got your self a new approach on a game that has been "mapped out" long time ago. I agree to what you have said though. I think removing a sprite limit or something in remastered, made the wraiths as a strategy more valuable

SC2 is not dead in korea, but it is not popular as BW either

Unironically sell starctaft to domebody who cares. Fuck blizzard. Fuck fucking blizzard.

Nobody watches SC2 on afreeca, korea's main streaming platform. KR streams of GSL get maybe a couple of thousand, and when you see a SC2 pro streaming in the TL sidebar, they have 100-200 viewers, while players like flash or britney get 5-20k viewers regularly. When Flash and Jaedong played in ASL, it had like 400k live viewers across all the afreeca streams. SC2 might get 100k, but that's only when foreign players like serral are bringing in the foreign viewership

it doesn't matter anyway, both are dead in comparison to LoL and whatever other bullshit people are watching

it's so dead a whitey won the biggest tournament of 2018

I guarantee you don't need korean strategies to be whooping ass in non-KR servers or online tournaments
Just keep working on your gookclicks and you'll overcome

Then it is dead to Korea.If they cared, they would had never let a kaijin to steal their no1 place. Broodwar on the other hand is a no (white)man's land. The whitebois that make into a korean BW tournament are there just for entertainment

High AMP doesnt guarantee you a better play. You either know jack shit or you are peddling some sort of a joke

high APM is absolutely necessary. "strategy" doesn't matter in the slightest if you can't execute it.

The idea of a whitey even being able to qualify for a BW tournament is laughable. Our best players are Dewalt, eonzerg and cadenzie. cadenzie is good but she's a novelty over there becuase "oo waito piggu girr play starcraft"

Then there wouldn't be a glaring distinction between BW and SC2 among other things.

>How can we make this game great again Yea Forums?
I know you don't want to admit it but there is really only one way.
SC3
If they take the best of SC2 and SC:BW and evolve the franchise, then there is a good possibility that Starcraft could be revived to its former glory. SC2's issue was that people with great mechanics HAD to be good with strategy, and people who had good strategy could for the most part just pick a race that didn't require that great mechanics and still be pretty successful.
SC3 needs to put the emphasis back on the grim direction, deep and important moment to moment unit control (even more than with LOTV) while still keeping the arguably perfected interface, fluidity, and control options intact from SC2.

there's only one way the could make SC3: 1v1 gookclick, anything else is not starcraft. and 1v1 gookclick won't sell.

It depends. APM can be used as a form of skill measurement. You got to hit 250+ if you want to be qualified as a pro player. What I mean is you can win someone with lets say 100AMP more than yours. Casuals tend to waste their clicks out of frustration thus resulting in higher APM values. I have won players with 150+APM with my 110APM skils

When it comes to BW remastered, there is little to be done now since the damage has already been done. Releasing 2v2 and adding some microtransations would make people return and adding an improved ai with a training map pack can help the newbies to have a chance in the ladder thus giving brood war a much wanted new blood transfusion. Also make bigger prize pools in tournaments to encourage people to play this game. Of course sc3 would be the ideal comeback of the franchise, but I dont trust nuBlizzard to deliver anymore. The future of starcraft lies unfortunately on mobile

>SC2
>not dead in Korea
GSL qualifier brackets have tons of empty slots and there are foreigners in the round of 32. The same 16 koreans from 2013 have won every season and there are 10 times as many retirees as there are newcomers. All teams have disbanded, there is no teamleague, GSL is the only league and its production quality has tanked.

>APM can be used as a form of skill measurement.
Explain 110APM GM mech players then

>Same happened with a lot of fighting games.
Nigger please fighting games are bigger than ever. If anything casualization is what's killing it like with SFV and DBFZ

Nah. They have always been able to compliment gookclick with a campaign and custom maps. They could continue that.
Microtransactions believe it or not, will not actually bring people back. The skins are cool and all, but there is no casual multiplayer setting to show off your skins, so they are almost meaningless.

>not just playing the original single player campaigns with cheats on to fuck around before work, enjoying the comfy music and delightful sprite animations
WCIII is the only remaster that kinda interested me because the models can be hella janky, StarCraft still has gorgeous sprites.

not bw

>you need apm
>casuals waste and inflate their apm
>apm is a skill measurement

wut

if we're talking BW, then you do need a certain amount of APM just to perform the standard action of macroing while moving an army around the map. Around 200-250. But somebody with 250APM (stork, famously) can easily beat somebody with 400-500 APM if they're being efficient. It's an indicator, but not a determinator of skill.

>Starcraft
Plebs pls leave.

Attached: 1560163222688.jpg (1999x969, 447K)

250 apm is very high, there's no way to spin it any other way.

>voobly
>HD
>definitive
I hope definitive is good enough to unite the community instead of splitting it up further

This is neat.

That's because Stork is protoss, everyone knows protoss doesn't require as high APM

>fighting games mostest popularest nao, esports muh dick
>esports faggot FGC games ala SFV sell like rancid dogshit, genre is literally propped up by normiebait Netherrealm and Smash that thrive off of brand fanservice and content+generic AAA graphics with NR games
kys

x on that, almost 100% sure that definitive will at most only include Conquerors on top of base game, which is fine since all the new xpacs suck as far as campaigns and shit, but all the new civs that exist form MP will be gone too

voobly autists will never switch

definitive includes all content from every HD expansion plus another campaign and 4 new civs

How does it feel knowing that one day Artosis will have to play flash in the round of 32 of an ASL while casting at the same time?

Attached: Harsh.png (693x631, 39K)

>Oldfags that lurk the server all day are still delusional that this game has future in the west

I dont. Thats why i'm playing it as much as i can now. Starctaft has been blessed with great longevity and i will try and enjoy it for as long as i can.

All multiplayer games have limited lifespan. Those may be in decades, but every fad dies out eventually, then depending on how big it was, the population slowly trickles down to zero. All of the fads that came after SC like WoW, LoL, Minecraft and Fortnite will eventually follow suit.
Today's 10-year olds will grow up and feel nostalgic about the Thanos event in Fortnite, then boot up the game to only see a couple of servers and a few hundred players online.

pls tell me they'll atleast proof read the shitty fan expansion with busted english before they start selling it a second time
forgotten was really bad

holy shit artosis beat someone? it was just a no-show right?