Anyone else remember when Cyberpunk 2077 was actually going to be a proper RPG???

>"The rules of the pen and paper game are great base material for the game, but straight adaptation isn't as simple as it might seem," Stępień said. "Some skills just cannot work in a video game setting the same way they did in the original game, so we build prototypes, experiment a little and see what will work.

>"All the same, you want to try to stay as close to the original game as possible, since it is the inspiration. We even want to have an option of printing your character sheet from the game. Balancing the game and all of its stats while remaining true to the original handbook is one of the main problems our designers try to solve. And I must say, to this point they have been quite successful."

They've removed so much from this game it may as well be a fucking GTA clone with dialogue options

Attached: LMAO THAT'S NOT FUCKING HAPPENING.png (746x732, 899K)

>hey guys dont get too hyped up for games, things always change and you’ll end up disappointed
>wtf i got myself hyped up for a game that didn’t even have a release date and it changed how could this happen to me

Don't care. The doesn't look interesting.

Get help anti-shill.

If you think games can't change during developing, specially if you're retarded enough to take a 2013 as the whole truth, you might want to seek help

Attached: 1560542947423 (1).jpg (480x418, 88K)

How many threads have you already made today?

>it may as well be a fucking GTA clone with dialogue options
That means it might actually be fun.
I'm fucking done with RPGs after 15 years of nothing but garbage one after another.

It sucks but I hope you'll remember the lesson next time. It's always been like that.

Why don’t you just play the pen-and-paper then? It has all the removed things you want.

*Sips Drink*

>it doesn't have to be at night
>it doesn't have to be in a large city
>it doesn't need to be 3rd person
>it doesn't need to have the different classes
>it doesn't need the player to be able to use flying cars
>It doesn't need accessible interiors for buildings
>It doesn't need to be free of liberal bullshit
>It doesn't need to have good customisation options
>it doesn't need to have real dialogue choices
>it doesn't need you to be able to join different factions
>it doesn't need to have killable NPCs
>it doesn't need to have Trauma Team as a gameplay element the player can use
>it doesn't need to have destructible environments
>it doesn't need to have good graphics
>it doesn't matter that CD Projekt Red is staffed by Americans now
>it doesn't need mod support
>it doesn't need to have good box art
>It doesnt need to not blow all its budget on b list actors
>it doesnt need to be an RPG
>it doesn't need you to be able to purchase new apartments
>it doesn't need you to be able to choose different childhood heroes
>it doesn't need you to be able to customise your cars or apartment
WE ARE NOW HERE
>it doesn't need dynamic weather systems
>it doesn't need to have a branching story
>it doesn't need to have massive crowds of people
>it doesn't need to not be downgraded
>it doesn't need to have substance
>it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077

CYBERSHIT

Attached: Sipping CDPdRones Tears.jpg (326x412, 24K)

>it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077
It needs to.
GTA 2077 will be better than any RPG ever made.
Because GTA games, unlike RPGs, have actual fun gameplay.
RPGs don't, in fact, RPGs stand out for being a genre that has terrible gameplay mechanics, bugs everywhere, awful stories due to branching storylines and mediocre graphics.

The RPG genre will hopefully die soon, and it's only legacy will be Skyrim sex mods.

>it doesn't need to have substance
Its cyberpunk dude, it doesn't have any substance by nature.
Cyberpunk is a genre liked exclusively by edgy, angsty 12 year olds who listen to Linkin Park unironically and wear eyeshadow 24/7.
It's a creatively bankrupt exageration based on nothing but liberal delusions.

Everytime a piece of cyberpunk media flops something good has happened, since it means a degenerate's ideas have been a failure.

>>it doesn't matter that CD Projekt Red is staffed by Americans now
Foreigners don't want to work there because wages that are considered decent by Polish standards are actually below the poverty line in civilized countries.

Attached: 404.jpg (500x453, 62K)

Based post. Fuck RPGs and the people who excuse their trash gameplay.

They are mostly staffed by amerifats look it up

Literally yesterday
>LMAO IT HAS ONE APARTMENT
>I CANT CUTOMIZE MY CAR
>LMAO THIS ISNT GTA

Today
>LMAO THIS IS LITERALLY GTA

Attached: ReactionImage 067.jpg (1462x1462, 766K)

2 days ago:
WTF THESE POSTERS LOOK LIKE GTA ART THIS GAME IS LITERALLY GTA
just stick with one please

I don't get it.
I think it would be really cool if a RPG implemented printing in it.
You come across a chip witha file on it and you put it into your head or whatever and then you press print to be able to read it.
Or maybe the printed document has a puzzle on it you have to solve and then scan it back into the computer.
I've never heard of a game that has printer and scanner support.
I'm not talking about just putting scanned files into a folder then having the game read them.
I think it would be really cool for the game to have seamless printer/scanner support that ads to the immersion of the game.

GTA would be an improvement on this game, I bet it will be worse than GTA V.

>I don't get it.
What you need to get is that no version of that is happening now. In the past couple of days they've been revealing that a lot of the early promises or expectations of the game aren't going to be met and changes have been made. That's what this thread is about.

>it doesn't need to have Trauma Team as a gameplay element the player can use
You would never be able to afford them unless you were some mega-rich Corpo, that's their whole point.

>Thats what people think would be cool
> fucking printer

I will tell you the hard truth:
A pen and paper RPG with all the shit it has in paper form cannot be done today.
Why? Because the thousands of options would result in thousands of hours doing motion capture voiced lines etc.
>B...But they dont need to do that
And now here comes the important part:
A company must decide:
1.Do we offer less options but we tone down the graphical ffidelity and voiced option reducing the immersive aspect
or
2. Do we offer more options but reduce the overall quality of voice acting, animations and immersion

There you go user every company is going with 1. Every single one. Because at the end of the day videogames live from the aspect of visual enteratinment.
If i had the choice to play a game with 4 options with good face animations, voice quality and 8 options with not face animations and voice option i would take option Number 1.

Same thing did CdProjectREd:
They took what they thought would be the best thing talked with Mike Pondsmith and than made the game.

all of them