>'RTS-alike'

I mean LOOK AT THIS LIST, THESE are the top-selling RTS games now
4 of the top 12 are just 'Age of Empires'
5 are Total War
The rest is Paradox rubbish

Attached: christ.png (636x941, 472K)

>RTS was ever alive

It was all just a cash grab buy corps to fund bigger games. ie. Blizzard

PC exclusive gaming just isnt big enough to fund modern games and RTS fit consoles like the Empire State Building up my ass

the genre peaked with Supcom FA and had nowhere to go from there, so they stopped trying

Easy. The build a base and destroy the other guy's base gameplay of old RTS simply doesn't entertain most people anymore. At least with Total War, empire building appeals to both grand strat and 4X players to some degree.

StarCraft 2

Company of Heroes 2

Ancestors Legacy
Company of Heroes 2
Grey Goo
Halo Wars 2
Cossacks 3

Eh its still kicking around, its in a better state than arena shooters and shmups atleast.

How is the campaign for Ancestors?

A lot like CoH1, but medieval.
Also they released Saladin DLC recently if Jihad is your thing.

Play Loria if you like Warcraft 2/3.

Why play a shitty knockoff when he could just play Wargus which is a WC2 sourceport with a lot of convenience and QoL features, including high resolutions, waypoints and shit.

Grey Goo bombed
CoH2 is 6 years old and never received very good reviews
Halo Wars is console trash
Cossacks 3 is 6/10
Ancestors Legacy is even more console trash

Keep moving the goalposts, you said big and post 2010, all of those are well budgeted post 2010 RTS games.

Cossacks, Grey Goo and Ancestors are all very small-fry

You can thank eat sports for that.

Tooth and Tail if you're willing to count simplified RTS, although it pretty much flatlined after a year.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>CoH2 is 6 years old and never received very good reviews
You asked for one big release and CoH2 is still played and receiving content to this day.

Godtier multi

>never received very good reviews
So what?

>never received very good reviews
ruskie trash detected

Because every game is a knockoff of some other.

Here's a pity (You)

The reason RTS games isn't popular anymore is that developers and publishers knows it's a high IQ genre. Players wouldn't accept any type of microtransactions or any of that nonsense. There's also a misunderstanding of what a great RTS game is. When devs look at a game look Brood War they think the limited unit selection was a limitation of hardware or a "dumb design decision" and so they make it unlimited, pathfinding is also perfect, having to tell your workers where to go when they spawn? Well that's just tedious so we'll automate all that so you can focus on the "fun" stuff like micro. And so RTS genre died in the early 2000s, losing popularity because developers couldn't make a great RTS game an publishers thought it was a dead genre just because the players were smart and wouldn't buy a shit game

Attached: 1543645896401.jpg (1024x724, 132K)

>Ancestors Legacy
>Company of Heroes 2
>real time strategy

Attached: 1431578770609.png (184x162, 69K)

I'd love it if it had research, upgrades and units didn't cost the same amount of resources all the time.
Whenever I play it's either I destroy them or they destroy me, no nice, big matches.

They have basebuilding, resource gathering, map control and real time units, yes they are RTS, kill yourself.

Just because they aren't gookclick doesn't make them RTS

Hello

Attached: 8DB3688B-2F65-4373-B659-452FBF2A547B.jpg (323x433, 42K)

>Players wouldn't accept any type of microtransactions
CoH2 doing just fine with it.

I don't enjoy Total War. I wanna build bases and turrets and walls and shit.

This is ridiculous I am very low IQ and love RTS games AND I never buy loot boxes

Attached: 1529383889252.jpg (1680x1050, 599K)

>yes they are RTS

Attached: 1452044572609.jpg (273x366, 24K)

I don't really see CoH as a true RTS game, it's too casual

>tfw farmed all the premium commanders in a single day on a custom map
Nothing personel, Lelic

>too casual
But it's ultimate "stomp players worse than you" game

Not all RTS should be Starcraft clones.

>no arguments
RTS games trying to be Starcraft clones is part of the reason the genre died in the first place

It's dead because traditional RTS is jack of all trades master of none and there are many strategy genres that do everything RTS does but better.