How do I get into Castlevania

How do I get into Castlevania

Attached: 3101555-box_cac.png (538x640, 607K)

Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Castlevania Symphony of the Night

In that order

Attached: Dracula_X_Chronicles_-_Cover_-_US_-_01.jpg (640x1105, 208K)

You start playing them

Try Haunted Castle, it's a blast

go away we don't need anymore of you smash babies

This is what I'd also consider the essencial trilogy

start with the original and if they formula appeals to you just keep playing them.
Pick one that appeals, to you. they are all solid in one way or another unless it's 2, the Adventure or Judgement.

There is zero reason why you should play the original over 4

Off topic but what games is the anime based on?

They're almost completely different games with different stage designs and play structures so no there's plenty of reason.

brainlet post

There is no anime. Netflix cartoon is very loosely based on Castlevania 3

It's a western cartoon, user. But it's based loosely on Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse for the NES, and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2/Xbox. There's also references to Lament of Innocence and some monsters from Super Castlevania IV.

Attached: Leon Belmont Killer of the Night.jpg (1200x691, 56K)

literally just start with 1 OR adventure rebirth

Find if you like the platformers or the Metroid-like games better, or both. Try your hand with Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

Have the high res of that, it's almost 1:1 with the intro art in his armor it's such a good nod to leon

Attached: 1540865799041.png (680x1020, 1.31M)

Who cares what country it's made in.

Avatar is anime as far as any of this should matter

I'm really hoping we get a full Lament of Innocence arc for a later season. There's so much they could work with there, from the background of Leon and Matthias fighting in the crusades, to Leon's campaign to get the church to fight back against Walter, where Joachim came from, and how Rinaldo ended up there helping Walter's challengers. I'd love to see it.

Attached: Leon Belmont.jpg (640x1000, 100K)

Is it any good?

He should play both and X68000.

It's one of the best games in the series but holy fucking shit is it hard.

Through the front door.

The animation is a major strong point, but the writing feels a little half assed in places. Season one is too short, season two is padded out and the main crew barely get to do anything.

Also the writers cut Grant DaNasty because they found the idea of a pirate being native to a landlocked country ludicrous, but then introduced a viking sailor vampire in season two and had the major climax take place in a port town. To top it off the focus is largely taken off Trevor in season two to make it the Alucard and Dracula show.

The main crew get some nice banter at least.

Attached: He was a good friend.png (913x514, 402K)

>that scene where Trevor, Sypha and Alucard are ascending back up the library and Trevor looks at the damaged library and portrait with lament
I really love sort scenes like that where they don't dwell on it too long.

crack that whip
you must whip it
now whip it

I feel that would be a bit strange to do a prequel after what seems to look like doing CoD next, then CV1 Lets hope theres some Soleiyu and Christopher nods when simon is the protag.

the "comedy" feels forced and I hate it. I don't mind the banter between alucard and trevor but everything else is just really mistimed and awkward, You can really tell the entire budget went into episode 7 on season 2 though.

I dunno, I feel like it would be cool as a prelude to the return of Dracula. Especially if they were to properly execute the Mathias Cronqvist twist for a new generation.

Attached: Mathias Cronqvist .jpg (800x1024, 276K)

>To top it off the focus is largely taken off Trevor in season two to make it the Alucard and Dracula show.

This, and i get dracula is super strong and shit but Trevor is still stronger than the show made him to be