Breath of the wild 2 will use the same map as breath of the wild 1

>breath of the wild 2 will use the same map as breath of the wild 1
why live

Attached: Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-2-1139496.jpg (590x350, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18662950/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel-zonai-dungeon-mystery-e3-2019
youtube.com/watch?v=_veOLEx7oJc
youtube.com/watch?v=CWutV6yO7Wo
gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/11/breath-of-the-wilds-director-is-returning-for-the-sequel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're probably gonna give it the Cata treatment and seriously revamp it while keeping the same overall layout, like where regions are at in the world

All those shrines and korok seeds mysteriously regenerated when the ancient evil awakened

source on this?

Really hope they actually use most of it this time and not waste space.

Trailer shows a similar overworld, but this might not be the case since they apparently started development this year.

Really hoping everybody's misinterpreting Aonuma and he just wants to reuse the setting, not the BotW1 map. Underground or at least a Dark World variant.

>breath of the wild 2 will have the same shitty graphics as breath of the wild 1
why buy

BOTW1 is unironically really pretty and runs decently well for how good it looks
One of the better engines Nintendo has made for one of their consoles, honestly

They'll probably keep the original world and add a darkworld mechanic to swap between them.

But if they do go that route I just hope load times aren't total ass when shifting back and forth.

This is a Majora's Mask situation. They are going to reuse everything they can, and in exchange devote resources to being weird and risky.

It's been in development for three years now, why can't you guys get this?

Isn't it a well known fact that at any given time there are at least 2 Zelda games in development?

I would assume the BotW team was already working on this sequel before BotW even reached store shelves.

>keep Hyrule from the first game as it was, except there are more people and they are "rebuilding"
>add new segment to map that is 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the original map in addition to the original map
>remove shrines/korok seeds/shieka tech
>replace with 5 or 6 actual dungeons
>double the enemy variety
>double weapon durability and halve weapon drops
>make the villain someone other than ganon/ganondorf/vatii
>remove voice acting
>re-add music
There. It's now the game of the decade for the 2020s.

Attached: 1557086416656.png (826x720, 502K)

Man, I really wish the Legendary warrior weapons in the first game had the same "durability" as the master sword where they "break" but then recharge instead of actually breaking.

I just put them in my house and never used them

Majora's Mask didn't reuse the map

Fortnite been using the same map since season 1. I don’t see anyone complaining.

God I missed the music. For everything Twilight Princess got wrong the fucking music was perfect. Especially the way the music swelled when the boss was open for attack.

>add new segment to map that is 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the original map in addition to the original map
>remove shrines/korok seeds/shieka tech
>replace with 5 or 6 actual dungeons

So what specifically do you propose they add to all that space they just removed shrines and koroks from, especially if they're adding even more space?

>Same map
Honestly I like the idea. Imagine returning to the same areas only to discover new things that weren't there and mysteries from the 1st game being fleshed out. Imagine the non-sheikah related places from before:
>Zonai ruines
>more settlements
>underground structures and caves
>Hebra and Faron having more importance compared to the first game.
The possibilities are there. I hope that Nintendo take advantage of this opportunity.

polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18662950/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel-zonai-dungeon-mystery-e3-2019

Attached: link.0.png.jpg (1220x813, 156K)

Well they can't just reuse the shrines and open world puzzles again from the first game, retard.

Actual varied content would be nice.

majoras mask had more unique assets than oot

My nigga. I loved BotW's map and its content, and I'd have absolutely no problem revisiting a newer version of it to see what's changed.

Attached: 1520554942168m.jpg (1024x738, 70K)

Obviously, retard. I'm asking what do you guys propose they use in place of shrines and korok puzzles.

Be more specific.

>all sheikah shit is gone from overworld
now there’s even less content!

No please no. I genuinely hate this game's introduction of sheikah tech. It's fucked dungeons, items, and enemies. Apart from the fact that shrines are too fucking easy, they looked ugly and generic. I hate the tablet and items being replaced by runes. And link riding a motorcycle was the stupidest thing ever. The tech enemies in this game were ugly and boring to fight. Please just get rid of shiekah tech.

says who

>Actual varied content would be nice.

Not him, but BotW 1 already has plenty of that.

ahem

Attached: 6E134DBF-8583-453B-AFF3-B0BCDAD4E73E.jpg (640x808, 112K)

All he said was "the same hyrule", could mean anything really.

This but unironically. Anyone praising the idea of getting rid of the puzzles on the map aren't thinking about how empty the overworld actually would be without them.

I almost want it to happen, just so people will be forced to have a sincere discussion about the original game for ince.

Why would anyone care about what some twatter thot has to say?

Cool. The old way was better. I saw zero issues with the previous format.

>get rid of the old puzzles that we already completed
>add new ones
Wow, such a difficult concept.
Why are fans of the original game so brain dead?

It's more than possible to use the same map SEVERAL times and still keep a game enjoyable, I dunno if BOTW2 will succeed in this but if they improve on the content of the overworld, which was severely lacking in BOTW1 it could turn out pretty cool

Attached: Yakuza2.jpg (228x320, 83K)

Based and Zeldapilled. She's absolutely right.

who is this fucking tranny

BotW is my favorite game of all time. A large part of the appeal was exploring the world. If they're just going to reuse the same map, it's not going to be very interesting. Also, Zelda is now a stronk, independent womyn with a lesbian haircut. Fuck this gay earth.

Attached: IMG_2921.png (1136x640, 746K)

Maybe it will. That would kinda take a lot of the magic out of it.

They could make little changes everywhere to make travel difficult, but that kinda just ads work without restoring the fun of genuine exploration.

>>double weapon durability and halve weapon drops
Fuck no. I loved how the weapons broke. It actually got me to think about what i was using and when i should use something. retards just don't like it because THANK GOD FOR JIM FUCKING STERLING SON said it was bad.

>>re-add music
Again, people are fucking retarded. It had plenty of music.

I'm fine with that, but people are talking as if they want the map dotted with shit that's completely different and somehow way more involved from before. I don't think it's realistic to expect something super substantial every square yard.

>BotW is my favorite game of all time
have you only played about 6 games in all time?
> is now a stronk, independent womyn with a lesbian haircut.
oh god shut the fuck up, there is no evidence for or against this yet

>It had plenty of music.
This.
youtube.com/watch?v=_veOLEx7oJc

You can see the short masculine haircut she now has in the screenshot I posted

I've probably played more games than you and I agree with him.

>masculine haircut
Are you a fag?

There are a bunch of locations in Hyrule that could be full dungeons in this new game.

Not him; but there's dozens of better games from the last 5 years alone.

They said it uses the same Hyrule, not the same map

I actually remember seeing some places that looked like temple entrances in the original game but they were covered in rocks. I should boot it back up and look around.

I hope they have moments from the last game that get resolved, like if the one loli fish girl became the wife of the one human dude.

name 8

Maybe in your opinion, but not in mine or his. Hence why he called it his favorite.

Get the fuck over yourselves.

>game 1: has assets
>game 2: has all of game 1's assets plus one new asset
Congratulations, game 2 has more unique assets than game 1.

The human dude will be pregnant, and will talk about shitting out fish eggs.

>re-add music
Breath of the Wild has the best soundtrack in a Zelda game

Attached: 1559604573047.jpg (960x544, 81K)

I don't not like it because of anyone else, I don't like it because it was annoying and stupid.

Unironically this:
youtube.com/watch?v=CWutV6yO7Wo
Experiencing this game for the first time was one of highlights of my life. Bros how can I go back?

Thinking about it, it's fucking weird how nintendo kinda just never reuses assets for major zelda games, besides MM, i can't think of any other time a console zelda game reused any assets from other zelda games.

>keep Hyrule from the first game as it was, except there are more people and they are "rebuilding"

Yes, sounds good.

>double weapon durability and halve weapon drops

Fuck no. The weapon durability in the first game was fine, if you're going to fucking double it then you might as well not even have a durability system. Halving weapon drops isn't going to make up for it.

>make the villain someone other than ganon/ganondorf/vatii
>remove voice acting

Neither of these things will happen. Ganondorf is already practically confirmed.

>re-add music

Faggot.

That's what makes these games so great

not him
without doing research and thinking about my first playthrough at launch
>Lanayru Promenade which is the large sunken ruins between Kakariko Village and Mount Lanayru
>The Temple of Courage in Faeron Woods
>The Temple at the bottom of the canyon separating Hebra from Hyrule field
>The dark ruins north of the Lost Woods
>The valley to the south-west of Tarrey town where you access the tall islands off the Akkala coast
>The chasm below Gerudo Highlands tower and the chasm where Koga dies
>The sandstorm ruins
>The mazes
>The stone door at Lurelin Village
I don't want this though. Instead of oldschool dungeons or shrines/beasts I want a few of those locations and some random hard to find spots to be access points to a massive interconnected underworld.

Attached: exile.jpg (792x416, 146K)

It will be set in a rebuilding
/rebuilt hyrule with many more towns and infrastructure

DUH

Come on OP, this isn't Gamefreak.
Zelda has higher standards, we will most likely get a version of the map with things both rebuilt, and being rebuilt. Most likely the map will be expanded, and new areas will be everywhere.

Ok Yea Forums, don't tell anyone
>90 percent of the game takes place in the sacred realm
>I't 3 major areas with 1 huge revisitable dungeon each, think SS but a lot bigger
>Roughly half BoTW map
>You still access the old map, the labyrinths are the gateways to the Sacred Realm, you ride the Dragons through a portal.
>More quests/items/towns and locations are added to the world
>Ganondorf body is TP Ganondorf, he got back to life somehow, get's sealed again while trying to steal the Triforce, and malice started leaking from his wound.
>Into Hyrule for thousands of years, coming to be known as Calamity.
>And into the Sacred Realm where his barbaric hordes keep his corpse alive using the ToP
>A very advanced civilization lives there too, uses the ToW to make strange tech
>They made the labyrinths in BoTW and are linked to the Sheikah

Anouma said it's darker than MM because it will deal with conflict between the 3 godesses factions
And they may get btfo by the Godesses at the end
Btw, Farore piece is used along the hero spirit to seal Ganondorf , that's what the green arm is

Attached: 57a.png (467x492, 474K)

Reused map will definitely be a disappointment.

What made BOTW so great was that sense of discovery and exploration, being in this vast world and having no idea what's out there, that's going to be mostly gone if you're already familiar with the areas, no matter what they add or change up.

If it's not all new it just wont be the same, I'm sure it will be good, but it won't be as great.

>>Experiencing this game for the first time was one of highlights of my life. Bros how can I go back?

I know what you mean, I really wish I could experience the game for the first time as well, games that great don't come along often.

>466644706
WOW LEAKER user! Haha, so cool of you haha. Enjoy your (you)

cont. more obvious places
>Death Mountain which appears to have gone dormant in the trailer
>Akkala Citadel
>The Divine Beast dig sites in the canyon on the way to the desert
>The massive painting on the north face of the Gerudo mountains
>What made BOTW so great was that sense of discovery and exploration, being in this vast world and having no idea what's out there
That was obviously the main takeaway from the game for both the Zelda team and the audience. It being set in Hyrule is probably a half truth.
>first few hours of the game are in Hyrule and then you go somewhere else
>Hyrule map is freely available along with an expansion to the West or North
Or a massive underworld as I said earlier

I think they'll balance out the go-anywhere approach of BoTW with a more linear path in the sequel. Like yeah, you may revisit Death Mountain or the Zoras or whatever, but you'll be limited to a smaller overall area of it with significant changes. That way you cut out the fuckload of mountain climbing and plains of fuck-all happening, mainly because most of the fanbase already did that in the first game.

Alternatively they're talking about "keeping Hyrule" in the sense that they're keeping the cast of Link/Zelda and probably the champion successors, but tossing them in a totally new environment. We do see Hyrule Castle being to just float off, after all.

Attached: 1421192007852.jpg (500x746, 32K)

Why does Zelda have a lesbian haircut? Pls fix Nintendo

They're not going to cut out entire parts of the map, dipshit.

Of course they will. Imagine the "hurr rehash" shitstorm if it's literally the entire Hyrule map, again, after players have already hunted down 130+ shrines and potentially hundreds of koroks several years before. It'll either be smaller, remixed areas in a more linear progression or an entirely new map with maybe the castle being the same.

There will probably be a dark mirrored map too, like in alttp and albw. Or map in the past/future like OoT. You have no vision if you don't think this can be awesome

If it means we get it next year I'm fine with it

Remixing, yes. Making it much smaller and more linear, no. They've already mentioned that BotW's open world approach will be the template for the series moving forward, and of course it makes zero geographical sense or even logical sense to just remove entire portions of the old map.

They're either going to keep the old map and move things around (definitely not downsizing though) or they're going to design a new map.

>smaller, remixed areas in a more linear progression
Isn't a bad idea and I realize you can keep exploration within that sort of framework; but, you are a delusional Ocarina fanboy who hasn't accepted it's death yet if you think that is a likely possibility.

All these dark world bois need to stop. It'll be a dark world alright in the fact they're gonna add huge underground sections to the map.

Link is going to the past to stop the real source of the malice (ganondorf) and save his wife

BotW avoid underwater or any underground and few minutes story 10,000 years old, now team can build backstory and huge underground hyrule.

That's a weird way to type Twilight Princess

gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/11/breath-of-the-wilds-director-is-returning-for-the-sequel