Can't seem to find a clear answer on this. Does the N64 version of Banjo-Kazooie autosave?

Can't seem to find a clear answer on this. Does the N64 version of Banjo-Kazooie autosave?

Attached: 17730-banjo-kazooie-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg (800x552, 139K)

nope

No, but you can save anywhere with the start menu.

Your underage is showing OP

Autosaving wasn't much of a thing back then

Banjo Kazooie came out in 1998 you fucking boomer
I was born in 2001 :^)

Yes it does actually. I have proof.
Yesterday I took out the game and started a new file so my gf could play the game for the first time. After reaching 9/10 jiggies on Mumbo's Mountain, the console froze and we had to reset. When the game booted, the save file had 10 jigges and 88 notes. That was the one free jiggy plus those on Mumbo's Mountain we'd already gotten. Never once did we do any manual saving.

Attached: 1513896119219.png (229x252, 32K)

Ever played Kirby's Adventure
Autosaving only stopped being a thing with the 5th gen disc based consoles

Also I'm kind of appalled at the misinformation in this thread considering I personally verified this yesterday by coincidence and all these people here are saying "no".

I didn't think the game would autosave and was prepared to have to totally start over so I understand why they would think so but why would you answer something like this without knowing for sure?

Attached: tonegawa.jpg (225x350, 23K)

I guess younger = Reddit Mentality

Attached: mNLcUmr.gif (250x250, 1.76M)

It automatically saves every time you collect something or open a Note Door or anything else important.

Now fuck off zoomer.

>forgetting about multiple save slots
>proof

Attached: 1415710248205.png (574x600, 183K)

It does. Progress is saved when you collect a jiggy, complete a puzzle, open a note door, die, etc.

You can also start the game over without losing progress if you use another game slot.

yes. as I kid, I never knew about saving. I still got far into banjo kazooie tho. I also had turok, but I never made any progress cause I never saved

No.
Also, doing this boots you back to the start of the Lair.

There is autosave. I know because I never manually saved because it plays the game over cutscene so it made me feel like I lost

>so it made me feel like I lost
are you me?

Yeah.

Did you hit the reset button, or did you turn the console off then on?

Reset button.

Save slot 2 and 3 were already used for my own playthrough and were further than we got that day. I don't understand what you're implying but you're incorrect either way.

I don't think games from that era really had an auto save feature, and if they did you would want to save whenever you could if given the option anyways because that feature was very inconsistent from game to game.

Yes it autosaves. This is the reason why the original only saved note scores, so it didn't have to save after each individual note, only when you left the level.

Interestingly the manual showed a "save and continue playing" option in its screenshot of the menu so manual saving was obviously planned at some point.