Is he right?

Is he right?

Attached: 1530759975842.png (499x409, 212K)

what if I have fun while attempting to stay alive for 30 seconds

Attached: dude.webm (480x480, 266K)

No, he is making the mistake of thinking every game needs to be personally appealing to him.

The guy who hates Myst? Nah.

Souls games are ps2 games made in ps3/4 era.
Hating them is hating what videogames should be.

Devil May Cry 5 released this year, Bayonetta 3 is in the works, Platinum games hasn't been shut down yet. Souls style games aren't cannibalizing spectacle fighters.

John Walker is a verified faggot
pay him no heed

Dark Souls isn't hard, it just punishes bad habits you've picked up with other games.

Who?

Attached: b4f.jpg (859x348, 21K)

>blue checkmark
>shit opinion
Every time

I've always wanted to punch this person

It sounds like he never played an action game that came out before Demon's Souls

Souls games are astoundingly easy in their mechanic.
Explore a dungeon, pick items, fight enemies, explore more, fight more, all of this coated with simple gameplay, good design, appealing lore that while not being incredible, shines with the storytelling.
No shitty cutscenes that you stop focusing on.
No quirky shit.
Only pieces and scraps around the world in a big picture, giving you a strong sense of exploration and discovery.
Its a real shame how a japanese studio makes a better wrpg than the entire western world now, both in game and artistic design.

Faggot reviewers like this make me feel like a better man.

arcade games were literally about trying to stay alive for more than 30 seconds

I've been on an arcade binge and almost every single fucking game I've played is harder than Soulsborne, except for Fantasy Zone

of course not

dark souls isn't even that influential, and what the fuck does he even mean by "action games", this is such a vague blanket term

>2000-and-teens

i really, really hope this phrase isn't how people refer to this decade in the future.

it should be a prerequisite to play demon's souls before playing dark souls

Attached: 1530486350732.jpg (600x846, 41K)

What's his examples of good action games?

le twitter screencap

The fun in a souls game IS staying alive, the rush when you beat a hard boss, the tension of navigating a hostile world, the anger when you die to some enemy and the joy of getting revenge. People keep misunderstanding Dark Souls' formula and core ideas and shit out garbage like Lords of the Fallen and that shitty sci-fi game.

Ninja Gaiden has been a thing for 30 years.

This. His ass would get absolutely demolished if he played Contra or Gradius on anything other than easy mode. Dark Souls is just easy to meme because it came out in a drought caused by casual waggle games and realistic shooters.

Attached: a94.png (500x616, 108K)

No he's a shitter. It's metaphysically impossible for a shitter to be right.

Attached: Ssh.png (600x546, 414K)

What a fag

Attached: 1457312805737.png (720x720, 285K)

That's not darksouls' fault
Blame uninspired designers and companies who force them to lazily copy whatever's popular.

Also action games were never fucking easy until the 7th gen.
That's when we saw shitty action games with slow controls, wide windows and bad feedback pop-up.
The 6th gen is arguably when this stuff started to pop up too, but I saw it a lot in low budget titles.

Attached: theshitpostingneverends.png (1022x731, 643K)

That's because the normalfag definition of "action game" is basically "musou where you facetank everything and hack away at reactionless hordes of enemies with attacks that have no weight." Dark Souls is just a game you have to play more carefully since even basic enemies can rip you apart if you let them swarm you.

LOL at thinking this guy is a spectacle fighter fag. This guy has never even touched a spectacle fighter and has been retarding his reflexes on Bethesday and Zelda games for over a decade and he's having a shitfit that there's a game out there that require some forethought before doing anything, because he thought it was another dipshit western game due to the artstyle.