If I were to buy a CDPR game, is there any benefit to purchasing them on GOG instead of Steam...

If I were to buy a CDPR game, is there any benefit to purchasing them on GOG instead of Steam? Are the games better supported on GOG, or anything? I'd rather buy them on Steam for the convenience of keeping everything in one place, but if there are tangible benefits to the GOG release I might be convinced to go that route.

Attached: GOG-logo.jpg (850x447, 68K)

no DRM. Play offline for as long as you want.

How about if I don't care about having to be online?

you can add a non-steam game to your list

Consider this. Without DRM, you can just give the game files to your friends. Buy one copy of a game and split it among countless people.

The benefit of GoG is no DRM. If you don't care about that, just get it wherever you're comfortable buying it.
Does adding a game that way still work with features like Steam achievements?

lots of extras usually. Also since all their games are single player online doesnt really matter
also 100% of the money goes to CDPR

Attached: 35b7196ae764a58faddb5df3de9f7df3.png (962x1852, 395K)

Older games tend to get unofficial patches and "just work" better in my experience. Some games are kind of a bitch to get going through Steam. And if you're not interested in digging around you get soundtracks, art, etc with a lot of games on GoG. Outside of that, no there isn't really much difference. The no DRM thing is overrated if you aren't a third worlder that goes without internet for periods of time.

>Does adding a game that way still work with features like Steam achievements?
no, it behaves like you launched it directly from the desktop

>caring about achievements
>caring about achievements so much that you'd rather buy from Steam than directly from the developer
Yipe.

If you buy on GoG, CDPR gets the full slice of the money. And in the case of Thronebreaker, if you buy it on GoG you get some bonuses in stand-alone Gwent (The full regular set of Thronebreaker cards, can unlock the premium cards, and you get a few all-premium packs of standard cards) whereas on Steam you don't. Other than Thronebreaker though there isn't much difference.

Is Thronebreaker any good? Is it just an RPG with Gwent instead of regular battles?

On the plus side, no DRM
On the downside, you have to deal with GoG galaxy, which is a fucking abortion of a client

No you don't, just download the installer

I actually don't know. The truth is Gwent pissed me off so fucking bad it almost completely ruined my appreciation of CDPR so I haven't played Thronebreaker and I'm cautiously looking at Cyberpunk. I've heard good things about Thronebreaker other than the fact that it's apparently stupidly easy though.

Attached: 1411628473822.gif (350x350, 1.96M)

last time I downloaded an "installer" from GoG it just launched Galaxy to do the actual download

DRM isn't about you being online, it's about their servers being online.

this user is a liar

>he doesn't buy it on steam and then just get it on gog when they inevitably add it to gog connect

>bought many games on steam by a developer that publishes on both
>they've never put them on connect

this is a little off-topic but I don't think it's worth making my own thread for it: does witcher 3 work well as a starting point for the series or would i be totally lost without playing the first two?

not all devs use connect, but CDPR sure as fuck does

Witcher 3's a decent enough starting point. It has callbacks to 1 and 2, but it's also a fairly large timeskip and strongly features characters and story beats that don't have much relevance in the first two games. 1 and 3 are both fine starting points, 2's the only one that benefits a lot from playing 1 and/or 3. It's kinda fucky but you'll be fine.