Tell me again why people fondly remember the N64? The library is pathetic. You have a mario kart, banjo kazooie...

Tell me again why people fondly remember the N64? The library is pathetic. You have a mario kart, banjo kazooie, starfox 64, majoras mask, mario 64, goldeneye, mischief makers and bomberman hero and that's basically it. Many of those games are shallow and mediocre, what else is there? Can a console really be fondly remembered despite having a library of games so pathetically tiny? Does this mean the PS4 and Wii U will be beloved in time? How can anyone prefer this system where the games run at 20fps and below, look like vaseline smeared puddles of vomit to something like the playstation and saturn?

Attached: n64.jpg (450x450, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjCivsV8qwU
youtube.com/watch?v=482hkgihYzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its 64 bit. Do the math.

Sixty four bits!

Thirty two bits.

yeah but

Attached: gyar.jpg (636x900, 117K)

You act like any other console at the time had games with depth too. Spyro, while it’s own thing, didn’t add anything to the genre as well. And many of the good rpgs on the ps1 were carried by their stories and pre-rendered cutscenes.
It’s remembered fondly because it’s was a time period before games had to be a big production. They were allowed to be their own thing and experiment with the new jump from 2D to 3D. Ps1 had its share of those as well.
In other words, you probably didn’t play any console of that generation. You’re also a fag.

>You act like any other console at the time had games with depth too.
it did, master bulk slash and powerslave, then give your hand at omegaboost and silhouette mirage.

64>16

>the library is pathetic because it has all these great games

Interesting view

Tell me why you keep making this thread

The N64 had like 7 or 8 truly great games. And those games were literally the only noteworthy ones on the system.
The PS1 had dozens and dozens of amazing games and their amazing games outweighed the shit.
The Sega Saturn had nothing but High School Science Project-Tier video games. But that added to each games soul and charm. With maybe like 5 really great games on it.

But the N64s library outside of it's well known games is literal shit. The same cant be said for the PS1 and Saturn. (Although the PS1 got a lot of shit too, but it had way more good games)

The Saturns library is magnificent, tons of great games there.

Attached: saturn-games-collage.webm (2048x1102, 2.7M)

>You have a mario kart, banjo kazooie, starfox 64, majoras mask, mario 64, goldeneye, mischief makers and bomberman hero and that's basically it.
What?

Turok 1.
Turok 2.
Turok 3.
Turok Rage wars.
The World is not Enough.
Rayman 2.
Vigilante 8.
Vigilante 8 2.
Resident Evil 2.
Rainbow 6.
Rogue Squadron.
I could go on an on. The N64 had the best FPS library of the 5th generation. It had all sorts of unique and experimental titles that weren't possible on competing hardware.

>Forgets Kirby 64, Ocarina of Time, and the Mario Party trilogy on purpose

Isn't the Saturn's library almost entirely made up of weebshit?

>Let's apply 2019 industry standards to a 1999 gaming system
>OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO MUCH
This is what you sound like.

I agree. To clarify, when I said high school science project tier, that was more of a compliment than an insult. They had a lot of low budget kino. And the weeb shit was amazing on it too.
Yes. It's the highest selling Sega system in Japan and fucking raped the N64 and was neck and neck with The PS1 in Japan until the Dreamcast came out.

N64 had the best MP games of the console generation

>Turok 1
mediocre shooter that lacks ambition in its design, tedious levels
>Turok 2.
tedium turned up to 11 with a handful of neat weapons but lacks challenge
>Turok 3.
an ambitious game, too ambitious for the 64 as told by its literal single digit frame rate
>Turok Rage wars.
bad and boring arena shooter
>The World is not Enough.
multiplat, not a very good one
>Rayman 2.
one of the worst versions
>Vigilante 8.
better on ps1
>Vigilante 8 2.
better on dc
>Resident Evil 2.
better on game boy color
>Rainbow 6.
lol
>Rogue Squadron.
it's okay

if by that you mean good games, sure. What's on N64? Kiddie cartoon shit?

Attached: Nade_Jumps.webm (560x404, 2.97M)

Simple

>everyone played the same games
>many of the best games were 4 player so even people that didn't own it played some of its best games

Shouldn't have bothered, reason is not a eurostink's strong suit.

>>Turok 1
>mediocre shooter that lacks ambition in its design, tedious levels
Turok 1 was the first FPS game with motion captured animation. It has 95% approval on Steam because it's kino.
>The World is not Enough.
>multiplat, not a very good one
The Eurocom TWINE is N64 exclusive. Completely different game to the one developed by Black Ops.
>Rayman 2.
>one of the worst versions
Rayman 2 was an N64/PC title. The PS1 version was dogshit. The N64 version is great.
>Vigilante 8.
>better on ps1
No it's not.
>Rainbow 6.
>lol
The N64 version of Rainbow 6 was very good. A faithful port, unlike the PS1. It had co-op, it had most of the missions, the planning stage, etc.

you left out a ton of great games it had

>>Resident Evil 2.
>better on game boy color
Wot? RE2 N64 is the only version without tank controls. Therefore, it's the only version worth playing.

Same reason why people fondly remember the PS1

>ell me again why people fondly remember the N64?
God tier 4 player couch gaming. Every Friday night sleepover was at the house of the kid with the N64

>The PS1 had dozens and dozens of amazing games
No

>It has 95% approval on Steam because it's kino.
I think it's because PC gamers will eat up whatever scraps you feed them.
>The N64 version is great.
and the dreamcast version is better
>The N64 version of Rainbow 6 was very good
it's not even a good game on PC

>it's not even a good game on PC
Shut your dirty whore mouth.
>I think it's because PC gamers will eat up whatever scraps you feed them.
Oh, no. It's retarded.

sage

Attached: Zoomzoom.gif (652x562, 626K)

Dunno man, I'm not the one heralding turdrock. Even as a kid it was obvious it was all visuals, no substance. Bored me to tears, only fun thing to do in the game was put in cheats to fuck around with for a few minutes. Playing through it was such a chore, I regret wasting my time on it and its sequel. Turok 3 deserves a port however.

>only fun thing to do in the game was put in cheats to fuck around with for a few minutes
That's literally what video games were back then.

>That's literally what video games were back then.
only bad games like turok. Once you get over the novelty it makes sense why you can find it in every $5 bin in a retro game store. Powerslave if it's there at all is kept behind a glass counter.

Nah pretty much all games were like that.
Then retards like you never grew up and tried to change games into a way of life as some kind of sad justification for your pathetic continued existence.

>Dunno

Attached: 1553041498658.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

The N64kiddie, treats games as disposable because all the games he ever had were disposable. A sad existence. He now posts every day on a video game forum alongside pedophiles and strange, wrinkled yellow men about how video games are worthless despite spending all his time here. A sad fate.

because it had a kino game catalog

stay mad zoomer

Attached: n64.jpg (1356x1676, 1.43M)

N64 was for babbyes.

PSX was where it was at. Much MUCH bigger library and much better games without censorship.

Attached: 1555241379737.png (1200x900, 838K)

(You)

not just multiplats, but bad ones. That sure is something.

It was a fantastic console for games to play with friends. That’s why. Simply supporting 4 players natively allowed for groups of friends to get together and have fun

TOO much soul. I'm overwhelmed.

Mario 64 was one of the greatest games ever made

>Dunno man, I'm not the one heralding turdrock. Even as a kid it was obvious it was all visuals, no substance.
What the fuck? Visuals were not the priority with Turok 1. It was smooth framerate and kino gunplay. Sounds to me like you were an undarage kid who didn't appreciate good FPS design.

>9 year olds have backlogs of 100 games stacking up
My friend had a ps1 and ps2 and i just had a n64 and we played that more. The few multiplayer n64 games were pure kino

nostalgia and nintendo bias
the n64 would be perfect for a classic/mini console. it has just around 20-25 great games and almost entirely the rest of the library is garbage. wish they did not deconfirm that.

>much better games without censorship.
Name a PS1 FPS game more violent than Turok 2.

Not him but Loaded was pretty violent.

Seething zoomer still mad Banjo got in.

Attached: 1560271230196.png (595x443, 117K)

it's the best multiplayer console of all time, bar none

sounds like you had no friends, OP

Loaded didn't have a gun that drilled into the heads of your enemies, spraying blood mixed with white brain material all over the room. It just had standard gibbing.

why is that playstation resolution so high? that's an emulator bullshot

Powerslave

>good FPS design.
But the problem is I love Quake, Doom, Powerslave, Duke3D, so I can see right through how awful Turok is. Why do you struggle with this? What's even remotely good about the games? Certainly not the level design. The bosses are a joke too.

PO'ed is definitely more gruesome.

i see none of you fags played Turok 3

it's like Half Life for n64

Turok 1 is like Quake but way, way faster. The gunplay is breezy. It's about moving really fast, jumping really fast, and shooting enemies. Quake was much slower paced.

When did you people last play Turok 2? The game where you blow holes in the chests of enemies with pieces of their ribcage sticking out. Where you blow limbs off and fountains of blood spray from the wound onto nearby surfaces as they thrash in agony before expiring. Turok 2 only got away with its extreme violence because the enemies you were fighting were non-human. If it had featured humans, it probably would have been slapped with an AO/RC/Fuck No rating by censors. Super violent modern FPS games like Doom aren't as violent as Turok 2 was.

Sixteen bits

Simple
N64 was kiddies first console and people more fondly remember things from their childhood so now that those kiddies are grown up and here they shill the n64.
Most oldfags were either on pc or playstation at the time

are you confusing the Nightdive port for the original? Because Turok is alot slower on the N64

Turok 1 was on PC, too, back in the 90s. Even on N64 it's a very fast game. I think a lot of people forget how fast Turok 1 was because Turok 2 was proto Metroid Prime with slower movement and way less focus on moving and shooting.

nintendo survives off of fanboys alone. no normal gamer thinks "hm, i want to play some games, i think ill get a switch". they praise shit like n64 which had no games, and certainly no good games

nobody actually says the N54 had a better library than the PS1, they just like certain games more.

The ps1 also had all the good arcade ports and 2d games which in retrospect is the best ageing stuff from this era.

Attached: talbain uh uh honey.gif (212x192, 110K)

Best console ever

>When did you people last play Turok 2?
last week, PO'ed is still more gory. What's your point here? They put in fancy animation and graphics and the game isn't defined by graphics? It sure sounds like it is. Too bad it looks like shit now. Now games like Powerslave hold up far better because they look nice and play better.

Yeah, but they were way better than almost every game ever made

Powerslave is basically metroid prime done better than metroid prime. Turok 2 is a corridor simulator.

Cuz ur mom gay

Attached: unknown-28.png (659x523, 735K)

N64 is the greatest console of all time, prove me wrong

Depends on what kind of games you like. The PS1 were lacking in quality FPS games, and FPS games are the best genre. If you're a fan of Japanese games, the PS1 is probably a good console for you.

There are parallels to the PS2 and Xbox. The PS2 had nothing to compare with KOTOR and Morrowind and Far Cry Instincts and stuff like that.

If you were a Rainbow 6 fan, you could play the shitty 4/10 PS1 Rainbow 6 game you could play the really good N64 Rainbow 6 game.

If you were a PS1 kid, you had nothing to compete with Turok 2. You had fracking Armorines, which was shit. The PS1 had dogshit versions of basically every multiplatform title.

Attached: ps1-vs-n64.jpg (640x960, 119K)

Okay, no games, 20fps and no variety.

Those other games are more violent but there's obviously no changing your mind as your nostalgia goggles are too thick.

>all the good arcade ports
I think you mean the Saturn.

>and FPS games are the best genre
only for braindead kiddies, even then no 64 first person shooter is better than powerslave.

>Too bad it looks like shit now.
Looks pretty decent to me.

Attached: 405830_screenshots_20181230174130_1.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

Much of the stuff the PS1 had was also on the Saturn in Japan, but was not localized. The Saturn was #1 in Japan among Gen 5 consoles all the way to the end, was overtaken in the last year only.

It has a Japanese library that rivals the PS1's easily, only westerns think the Saturn is bad. Educate yourself.

Attached: panzer dragoon.webm (314x240, 2.91M)

Here's the N64 version we're talking about. The framerate is even worse than how it looks.

Attached: t2.png (320x240, 89K)

>FPS on console

completely fucking irrelevant to me, especially during that era. FPS is for PC.

undoubtedly but we don't need to be obtuse and pretend the saturn was in the running anywhere other than japan. I never saw a single one growing up.

The ps1 has the best overall library, nice mix of 3d, 2d, home and arcade.

Attached: o2n5znjuapq01[1].jpg (480x360, 10K)

How come starfox 64 was never this fast? The N64 is supposed to be like 4 times more powerful than the saturn.

this list would be great without biofreaks, south park and rampage 2.

yet it is missing a lot of great games

you never played any of those game, stop preteding you know what you're talking abot

Absolutely cringe. Read the first part of
I have a Japanese Saturn and it's in my top 3 consoles of all time. You're not telling me anything I dont already know.

Attached: download.jpeg.jpg (225x223, 28K)

I guess only because Nintendo didn't want it to, I am sure it could've been faster. Miyamoto specifically said they wanted the game to feel cinematic(before the term became derogatory).

>completely fucking irrelevant to me, especially during that era.
Must have sucked growing up without friends

Actually underage.

>Ps1 had dozens and dozens of amazing games
"No!"

Of course OP is a Segafag. His first system was probably a PS2. Fuck off.

Cotton Boomerang is basically one of the best games in its genre

>le "I grew up with a ps1 so my nostalgia says it has hundreds of good games and now i see youtubers playing n64 games and they are all shiiiit"

notice how he doesn't mention any good n64 games that have yet to be mentioned, there simply aren't any.

How has nobody mentioned Perfect Dark yet? Sure, Goldeneye came first and didn't need the expansion pack but Perfect Dark had the better and more varied multiplayer experience.

Because the framerate is in the single digits and the 360 port is the only way to play it.

I was actually an n64 kid and have way more nostalgia for that console. But as time went on and I got older, i realized the ps1 was superior in every way. I'd say it's even better than the ps2. No other console in history has had as many top tier legendary RPGs on a single system that the playstation 1 had.

>The library is pathetic
ahahahaha
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleTanx
BattleTanx: Global Assault
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Blast Corps
Castlevania 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Doom 64
Extreme-G
F-Zero X
Goemon's Great Adventure
GoldenEye 007
Harvest Moon 64
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Kirby 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Tennis
Mischief Makers
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Paper Mario
Perfect Dark
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Stadium
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA
San Francisco Rush
Sin and Punishment (Imp)
Space Station Silicon Valley
Star Fox 64
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok: Rage Wars
Wave Race 64
Also
>best graphics for it's generation
>controller didn't need to be upgraded
>next to no load times

Diddy Kong Racing nigga

this is a troll post know the difference. it could save your life

How is it a troll post?

goldeneye was a thing no matter how much you'll try to say it doesn't matter

list is good except blast corps, geomons, killer instinct. never played sin&punishment but sounds weeb so pass.

there are also a lot on that list that make the all time best list.

Multiplayer was infinitely superior to its competitors. The PS1 was known as the nerd console at the time.

During that console generation the competition had very few games with 4-player modes, so when you've got a group together the n64 was superior. As such more people who don't own an n64 still have good memories of the system.

And while the PS1 may have more titles that are 6-8/10 the n64 has several notable 9-10/10 titles making it stand out.

For the most part the n64 library has aged very poorly and is smaller than the other consoles, but it's peaks are higher than the peaks of the ps1 and sega saturn

It had very few games and very few genres, but what it did have was pretty great. BY FAR the best good game to bad game ratio of the 5th gen.

emulator enchanced on the right.
mario 64 is not nostaglia to anyone. its an all time best.
"a few good tracks" shut the fuck up
first 3D entry that completely blows it out of the water is called "just another installment"
"no unified visual style" what? snow levels are in the mountains. beach level is sand and beach. fire world has fire and volcanos. i cant even begin to say how stupid this comment is.

i'm being trolled i know it

>Majoras Mask
>No Ocarina of Time
And into the trash it goes.

>Not including Pokemon Stadium 1-2
Even if you don't, eight good games is more than all of the PS3's library

It’s only the 56% that defend N64.
I wouldn’t worry about it that much.

>Castlevania 64
>DOOM 64 (lel)

>controller didn't need to be upgraded
>oh but pay no mind to the rumble pak or the expansion pak pls

you're a funny guy

no fighting games means multiplayer was inferior

>emulator enchanced on the right.
they're both emulated
>its an all time best.
best at what?
>"a few good tracks"
one of the biggest problems with mario 64 is its reused music.
>first 3D entry that completely blows it out of the water
it blew something alright
>"no unified visual style"
cork board boxes and giant rolly cylinder things made out of metal sheet floor. It's not very unified, it's slap dash. I don'tthink Nintendo had a solid direction on the games art design at all, it probably went through a ton of reiteration and they didn't have many usable assets by the time the final game was coming together.

>Turok 3 deserves a port however.

Still waiting for Nightdive to give it the Kex Engine treatment.

the only fuckawful thing the N64 had was the STICK for the fucking controller
the controller itself was fine, a little weird yes, but Jesus Christ, there isn't even a definitive solution to the worn-out problem that plastic piece of shit has

Attached: patrick.jpg (600x350, 19K)

Mk4, turok 2, conker,...
Sure its library wasn't as robust as the ps1 but it's not as barren as you're making it out to be

The sad thing is they said they won't. Probably doing powerslave next but based off the inferior PS1 version.

DOOM 64 is a hell of a lot better than the Saturn port of the original
>oh but pay no mind to the rumble pak or the expansion pak pls
Ok let me rephrase that, the controller didn't need a replacement with more buttons/sticks/whatever

>Saturn port of the original
Yeah, John Carmack himself ruined that port. It was originally going to be the first 60FPS version of Doom out there.

>the virgin n64 library vs the Chad Sega Saturn library

Waku Waku 7
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon II
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Princess Crown
DoDonPachi
NBA Jam
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Fighters Megamix
Grandia
Sega Rally Championship
Asuka 120%
Vampire Savior
Virtual On
Baku Baku
Shining in the Holy Dark
Burning Rangers
Last Bronx
Saturn Bomberman
Silhouette Mirage
Nights into Dreams
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Fighting Vipers
Bulk Slash
Rayman
The King of Fighters Games
Street Fighter Zero 3
Cotton Boomerang
Magical Drop 3
Dragon Force
Lunar Games
Thunder Force 5
Radiant Silvergun
Pu Li Ru La
Zero Divide: The Final Conflict
Metal Slug
Baroque
Resident Evil
Street Fighter Alpha Games
Sonic R
Virtua Fighter 1 and 2
House of the Living Dead
Virtua Cop 1 and 2
Puyo Puyo 2
Hanagumi Taisen Columns
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Dead or Alive
Gundam Side Story: The Blue Destiny
Die Hard Arcade
Shining Force III
Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
Guardian Heroes
Last Bronx
Amazing dating sims and visual novel catalog

Attached: 295174-kiss-yori-sega-saturn-front-cover.jpg (800x794, 108K)

Does the N64 even have an RPG as high class as panzer dragoon saga?

The N64 barely has 3 rpgs.

>RPGs
Shit taste

>zoomer revisionism
Shut the fuck up and leave

what about fighters?

>Saturn
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Then buy DOOM64

Uh let's see there smash bros and uh clayfighter and um....Tom and Jerry fists of fury. Damn.....n64fags you guys really need to explain yourselves

They never said that they won't do it, but we can assume that is not top priority to them.

I'm sure they'll continue the Turok series someday.

>hating doom 64
Literally the best port of the original game at the time of its release
Better atmosphere and graphics by far

these are enough, no need for autistic genres

That’s a lot of shovelware

>RPGs
>fighters

Attached: absolut_vomit_by_thejacobskid-d21qcw5.jpg (600x681, 176K)

The current official statement is they have "no plans." Which could mean they're done, could mean in 10 years a port might begin its rumblings.

it's not a port.

>my opinion is the right opinion. OBEY
the post

Attached: 1549621374529.jpg (618x596, 165K)

>I never heard of the game because it wasnt on IGNs top 20 games of all time
>it must be shovelware!

Attached: 1516494287954.png (220x229, 5K)

The N64 and the Wii U have a little bit common in the fact that they were primarily carried by first party titles.

Just like the Wii U, it may not have a lot - but what it does have is mostly quality.

The N64 had better third (and second) party support in comparison, but it's still a pretty accurate look at things.

Rareware was basically first party at the time with 49% of their shares belonging to Nintendo

>dating sims and visual novels
>not shovelware

>no need for autistic genres
>loves platforming
Explain

What do you guys think of the new panzer dragoon remake? youtube.com/watch?v=yjCivsV8qwU

90s Saturn dating sims are comfy as shit sir.

Shovelware

Good to see Sega is reaching into their back catalog

If I have to read, it's not a game, it's a book on cd. It's unnecessary and not fun. Put down your pretentious books and play a game for once.

You guys posting all this gold from ps1, n64 and saturn has made me realize how absolutely trash video games are these days.

>If I have to read, it's not a game, it's a book on cd.
How are those voiceless Nintendo games holding up?

I still regret wasting money on dark rift

>loves platforming
Who is he quoting?

>nobody actually says the N54 had a better library than the PS1
everyone with taste does

Are you implying that you dont like platforming? Yet you like the n64? Is that even possible? What other genre is there on that system? Lmao

>Are you implying that you dont like platforming?
Nope, I'm implying nobody said they loved platforming.
>What other genre is there on that system?
All of the important ones

needs more work, sound effects and visual composition is totally off.

>All of the important ones
like racing and sports.

Yup, and many more

yeah uh...madden and hockey. oh and wrestling.

Yup, and many more

Dude...I spent hundreds of hours on Mario Kart 64 and GoldenEye. Split screen multiplayer was kino. You also forgot Smash and OoT.
It's pretty incredible to think that people used to spend so much time on multiplayer games without online play.

No one with taste says the N64 had a better library than the [first] PlayStation.

Attached: deadoralive.png (595x594, 887K)

>fighting game
>taste

>genre that takes the most skill to play
>nintendo says genre is bad
Like clockwork

Attached: 9342549a35bb01e0ba84c5a5c8533c59.gif (344x258, 1.37M)

>genre that takes the most skill to play

Attached: roflmfao.jpg (592x492, 63K)

Most of us were 12, and when you're that age, you don't NEED a huge, expansive library.

For YEARS AND YEARS I had nothing but Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Pokemon Snap, and I was good. I was set. I wanted for nothing.

And then I bought a PS2 when I was 14 and that's when I needed all the games all the time

>forgetting based Conker

Attached: Jetpacks and Butlers here we come.gif (500x346, 689K)

>No other console in history has had as many top tier legendary RPGs on a single system that the playstation 1 had.

Think really hard about this one. I'll give you a little hint. The first letter is 'S'.

it goes beyond button mashing against your little sister or jump kicking into sweep to see all the fatalities, user

>mario kart
only fun with friends
>banjo kazooie
boring collectathon
>starfox 64
shite
>majoras mask
shite
>mario 64
boring collectathon
>goldeneye
only fun with friends
>mischief makers
shite
>bomberman hero
shite

it's fun with friends the console

Attached: 1560124690741.gif (270x270, 930K)

Star fox had rendered worlds wirh moving partd instead of two objects with wallpaper.

Who cares about the Saturn? Sega lost.

the library while small has incredibly high quality titles in it. there are 10 amazing 64 games and about 20 other good ones.

spryo was easier tahts why you are gay

>muh PS1 had un amayzung library guysh!!
Then why cant Sony even give away PS Classic at $30? Literal dumpster fire system

Also, up until about the PS3 /360 era (though there was a little bit of this in the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen too), games were treated differently. Nobody really needed more than a handful, ever. Nobody had a huge shelf. I had about five or six per console, all my friends had about five or six per console, and that's all we needed. If we got a new game, which usually only happened for birthdays and christmas, that was a goddamn EVENT. You drew as much enjoyment from that game as humanly possible, because you knew it was there. You brought friends over. I had a sleep-over specifically because I just got Pokemon Snap. We played the SHIT out of that game all night long. It was fucking great.

The whole consumerist culture we have now, where every console needs at minimum, one new game a month, that you then have to buy while its still relevant, and rush through as fast as possible so you can move on to the next game, that's all fairly new.

>he didn't have friends

Attached: 1489981666237m.jpg (1024x1024, 62K)

4 player goldeneye and revenge was the most fun I've ever had with video games that's why!

It had the Turok games on it. That's a win to me.

Attached: images(6).jpg (297x170, 14K)

If I had to pick either ps1, saturn or n64. Hands down. PS1. I just happen to be a fan of jrpgs so that answers why, but really ps1 had everything.

Attached: 196675_41734_front.jpg (640x640, 89K)

>Mario 64
>Ocarina of Time
>Majora's Mask
>F-Zero X
>Paper Mario
>Harvest Moon 64
>Space Station Silicon Valley
>Perfect Dark
>Goldeneye
>Sin n Punishment
>Goemon 64
>Goemon's Great Adventure
>Bomberman 64
>Bombermand 64 The Second Attack
>Bomberman Hero
>Rocket: Robot on Wheels
>Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
>Starfox 64
>Conker's Bad Fur Day
>Banjo Kazooie
>Banjo Tooie
>Jet Force Gemini
>Body Harvest
>Mischief Makers
>Ogre Battle 64
>Blast Corps
>Mario Kart 64
>Mario Tennis
>Mario Golf
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Mickey Speedway USA
>Wave Race 64
>Star Wars Rogue Squadron
>All the wrestling games holy shit
>1080 Snowboarding
>Mario Parties
>Pokemon Stadium 1/2
>Pokemon Snap
>Donkey Kong 64(for the crazies, but it isn't a bad game per se)

N64 being bad is a meme. The N64 was awesome for its wrestling games and the 1st party shit alone. Get the fuck out of here.

>PS1 better
I agree. Want to know whats fucking sweet? I had both. Get fucked.

>The console with F-Zero X on it is bad
lmao in what dimension you fags

Attached: 1553552742285.png (662x602, 299K)

Nice list of kiddie games, fag. I bet you still play with lego too lmao! Where are all the mature games for mature gamers like me?

Honestly based list. When people say the 64 didn't have a good library i cringe a bit. it's not the most extensive but it is very good.

personally really liked sin and punishment

The one where Wipeout anally rapes it

Oh yeah its the Mario Kart console. Too bad I was in the arcade playing actual decent multiplayer games during those years

>wipeout better than F-Zero

Attached: PepeLmfaoooo.gif (128x123, 32K)

>wipeout
>good

Body Harvest was fucking brilliant

>he didn't do both

>Tell me again why people fondly remember the N64?
Because it actually had good games for kids.

What did the PS1 have? Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, and all the other interactive movie games. Kids didn't have any interest in complicated stories or character development. That's why it was shit and just made for lonely weebs.

I remember I had a friend who had a PS1. When we all got together, what games were available for us to play on his PS1? Crash bandicoot racing. 2 players only. And after we got tired of that shit there was nothing really left.

Meanwhile the N64 had Mario Kart, Mario Party, Goldeneye, Starfox, Mario Tennis. 4 player support. Fun as fuck with no bullshit stories. And then when my friends left, I still had Mario 64, Zelda, and single player on all those other games to play.

Attached: 1464474901402.png (850x850, 63K)

>he didn't play ape escape, spyro and megaman legends
Sad.

It had 146 games made for it, which is small but its not like people would buy every game. What i feel the n64 did best was the fact it had 4 player multiplayer.

With the ps1 you had to buy an add on for 4 player and it had very few 4 player games. I never knew anybody who had the 4 player accessory. I never knew anyone who owned a dreamcast back then either.

Alot of n64 games took advantage of its 4 player such as

Starfox 64, goldeneye, supersmash bros, gauntlet legends, mario party series, mario kart, diddy kong racing, Conquers Bad Fur Day, perfect dark, donkey kong 64 and even pokemon staduim 2.

all trash multiplayer games

>a goldface poster being genuinely retarded

what a surprise

Attached: images (6).jpg (553x555, 17K)

Even then, the Saturn rapes the PS1 is the 2D department.

maybe if ur 4 years old

you're not fooling anyone. He burned you well

Based and Saturnpilled

Why was she the only one made of flesh?

Attached: 91ndxVgS7uL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1097, 336K)

Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask. Super Smash Brothers. Mario Party, Mario Kart & Super Mario 64. NUF SAID BOI

Because they didn't actually put the best games on the system, the thing runs like shit, they gave you a controller without analog sticks, and even die-hard sony fanboys aren't stupid enough to buy an emulator. Nintendo fans are the ideal consumer and will buy literally anything with the nintendo label slapped on it, just look at what happened with amiibos.

Okay

>mischief makers and bomberman hero

Literally who

Smash bros, ocarina of time, perfect dark, mario 64, dk64, banjo tooie, conker, mario party, paper mario, starcraft 64, ogre battle...

>The PS1 had dozens and dozens of amazing games

Spyro was never good

>But the N64s library outside of it's well known games is literal shit.

Wrong. Also the n64 version was usually better than the ps1 version of most games.

I know it's the hot internet thing to shit in castlevania 64 but both of them games are good as long as you don't go in thinking your gonna get this ultra tight game play you get in the 2d games

Should you be called Nintendorks?
Nintendolts?
Nintendopes?
Nintendoafs (Nintendoaves of bread spending their Nintendough?)?
Nintendolls (unquestioning followers)?
Nintendogs... (who left three little turds) Anywan?
Are you pedigree Nintendobermen?
Nah, you're a flock of bird brained Nintendodos.
A flock that obeys its Nintendogma.
Wanna be their Nintendockhands?
Your head is filled with Nintendookie!
You're already entering a precocious Nintendotage,
without going through actual puberty (precocious or otherwise).

Y'all are in the Nintendoldrums.
Y'all have Nintendown's syndrome.

Are the facts giving you Nintendoubts?

Get ready to meet your Nintendoom.

PS1 had an amazing library of singleplayer games but I've literally never seen a multitap irl before and few games actually used it.

You always had the N64 out when you were with friends.

>intentionally leaving out Hey You Pikachu!

Conkers Bad Fur Day

What you're saying is that Nintendo can't into art and that you eat shit for fun.

1. nintendo had good games. you left off a ton of great games - most notably ocarina, banjo-tooie and jet force gemini.

2. nintendo 64 could do all the colors. PSX did brown and gray and some shade of green and thats it.

3. the early disc games were trying to add graphics effects and sound effects that the technology wasnt ready for. they all looked and played like shit.

the playstation was not worth buying until god of war on ps2.and wasnt the must have system until halfway through the ps3s life span.

>no load times
>no polygon warping
>no need to buy a dozen memory cards

The real question is how the fuck did the Playstation beat this thing.

fucking retarded bait that worked because Yea Forums is full of genuine fucking retards.

You'd have to be a genuine fucking retard to rate N64 above THE PS.

Attached: n2o.jpg (316x316, 26K)

Less people would buy it if she was all green

2 year head start + all the 3rd parties went to sony since cds are cheap

Only Q1 cognitives are into Nintendo.

Rent free.

Attached: LTBHFTY.jpg (494x358, 34K)

You've posted this exact shit several times now, fuck off already

>The World is Not Enough
>multiplat
TWINE was one of those games where it's multiplat in name only. The N64 version and PS1 version were two separate games, much like Aladdin on SNES vs Aladdin on Genesis, or 6th gen Splinter Cell Double Agent vs 7th gen Double Agent.

Hardware/Software sales for Nintendo consoles generally hover around 10 to 5 games, and for reference and comparison's sake, it's the same for the Playstation 2 & 3.
Even at a time where the two shared prominent genres, Nintendo & Playstation were always for distinct consumers, especially in the 5th Gen.

Sin & Punishment. It's the only game I still keep around for it. My N64 is a dedicated S&P machine.

Imagine being this young and faggy.

He's right about turok 1 though, the game is both faster and more open than quake 1

Because its what they grew up with.

It was never my thing (I was probably just too old to appreciate its library at the time), but I was happy for its fans when they revealed Banjo during the E3 Direct.

Having such a small library means it has a higher percentage of good games. The N64 and the Dreamcast probably have the highest good-game-to-bad-game ratio ever.

Nobody really remembers the games. They only remember the controller.

the only good game n64 had was the south park arena fps and goldeneye

everything else was pure shit
even the controller sucked

Bait

With the exception of Rayman none of those games are kiddie cartoon shit, also you're a fucking faggot. Nice copy and pasting from google you queer.

I wish I'd gotten a PlayStation instead.

it's a meme

>posts great games
> These don't count
>People post other good 64 games in the thread
> Critique hard to make the list sound like shit
>Janky subpar Saturn or ps1 games listed by random anons.Praised and agreed with
If you sonyfags just wanted to seethe, you could of just said so

That's fine for out-of-game reasoning, but it breaks the internal consistency of the Army Men universe. It's hard to appreciate the deep lore when there's such a obvious problem right on the cover art.

I had both consoles and vastly preferred my Saturn over both.

>Because the framerate is in the single digits
Perfect Dark's framerate is literally only single digits when you play it with 4 players + 8 bots + high resolution mode.

In other words, it's a goddamn miracle the N64 can even handle that much shit going on at once.

Attached: perfect-dark-multi.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

Attached: bam.jpg (715x715, 123K)

It is a fact that N64 has a tiny library, and that the few good games it has only cover a handful of genres. Not much variety. The Saturn probably has the most underrated library ever, and the only reason it has a poor reputation is due to the majority of the games being exclusive to Japan.

Because it's the only console of that era not designed for dudebros.

Attached: bob on failed humans.jpg (1200x989, 163K)

None of the consoles of that generation were designed for dudebros.

PS1 was designed as a Namco arcade game machine.
Saturn was designed as a Sega arcade game machine.
N64 was designed as a children's 3D platformer machine.

>console that had the most FPSes and sports games
>not dudebro
The Saturn and PS1 was weeaboo heaven compared to the N64. The N64 only had like 3 JRPGs total. Ogre Battle 64, Paper Mario, and I guess you could call Hybrid Heaven an RPG

I already like Mega Man Legends a million times better than Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time combined after just ten minutes of it.

Fuck Nintendo for shitting up my childhood.

Mega Man Legends was on N64, though.

Attached: 1275.jpg (800x680, 141K)

Not even kidding, Nintendo is pure insectoid evil.

Attached: 146856-mega-man-legends-nintendo-64-back-cover.jpg (800x554, 104K)

If I had to choose between an N64 or any of the current gen consoles to be stuck on a desert island with I'd still pick n64 any day. PS1 was better though.

Cognitive dissonance. Some kids got it for Christmas instead of playstation. So when all the cool kids were playing Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or at least Parasite Eve they were stuck with BING BING YAHOO MARIO. They need to cope with it to this day.

>psx falls from coffee table and instantly breaks
>autistic 8 year old throws n64 at brick wall and there's hardly a scratch on it
Nintendium can't be beat.

no one gonna mention starfox lol

>cool ps1 gamers playing single player games during the holidays
>losers with their n64s all playing 4 play mario kart with their friends instead

Thanks senpai, you just made me realize the best game you can play on n64 is football with friends. At least it runs in more than 20 fps.

Don't like to me user, you're on Yea Forums. You never had any friends.

I always preferred Lylat wars over it to be honest.

>ds lite hinge breaks on its own just through regular use, eventually making the system unplayable
>original model 3ds and switch are so poorly designed they leave imprints on the screen
>original model nes has you bending the pin connectors every time you insert a game until eventually nothing works

I always had a bunch of friends until I was about 15 or 16 and then everyone changed but me and I became a loner ;_;

>Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or at least Parasite Eve
implying kids in Mario 64’s demographic were playing these games

instead if they had a PS1 they played B-grade platformers like Crash or Spyro

Nintendo’s consoles being durable has always been a meme. The real company that made indestructible consoles was Sega.

>snowboarding one eighty is a kiddie game

How are those non-existent Sega consoles?

Kids with playstations absolutely played M rated games. Growing up the only kids I knew that had n64s/gamecubes were the extremely sheltered ones who's parents wouldn't even let them see PG movies.

Literal who franchises no one bought or heard about is what made the saturan good but a few masterpieces we still talk about today with an okayish amount of 2nd tier games makes the n64 overrated
Alright seething got it, can't wait for the mini 64 to blow you faggots out of the water with pure success

Banjo is overrated as fuck though, like most RARE games

overall the N64 wasn't a worthwhile system despite some really good stuff from Nintendo

Attached: 1559865380703.jpg (1934x768, 218K)

>If I have to read, it's not a game
hi arin

>PS3
>winner

>Not spending summers playing tag to only come in he house to play smash 64, golden eye, or kart 64 with 3 friends
Yikes is their anything more sad than a sonyfag?
Unirionically tho even with those 3 games the things me and my friend played the most was Digimon rumble arena 2 and MTG battlegrounds
Literal weeks spent passing the controller around for 1v1

Real vidya isn't multiplayer.

It had the best starfox and Mario 3d entries as well as great mario spinoffs besides mario kart. Besides that was by far nintendos worst console

>Ps3 as a console war winner even tho Wii btfo it and 360 even sold more and had more cultural relevance
>64 isn't on the list even tho at least 5 of the top rated games of all time are on it
>Banjo is overrated
This is why no one takes you faggots serious when you bring up games. You literally have no idea what your going on about half of the time

Attached: 1015.jpg (800x797, 195K)

Only a dumbass takes Nintendo seriously.

Yes it is. Stop coping and go find freinds. Nobody gives a shit about Sony's single player experiences that doesn't involve the words metal gear or final fantasy

The N64 was 45% platformers, 45% FPSes, and the remaining 10% was stuff like Zelda, Goemon, Bomberman, and wrestling games.

The real winner of 7th gen was PC, practically everything was a multi plat and the definitive version of almost everything was on pc. Wii emulation was also pretty stellar by the time this cycle ended.

Going by sales alone though the wii definitely won, no idea why he wouldn't even include it in worthwhile systems since it had plenty of decent exclusives, unlike the 360 which had practically none.

>Some irrelevant who shit is suppose to add what to this argument?
Keep telling yourself that buddy, PlayStation only sells off gta/sport games anyways

>bomberman hero
>good
play bomberman 64 instead

Super Mario 64 and especially (ESPECIALLY) Ocarina of Time.

And most of the ps1 library was jrpgs, platformers, with a few stand out titles like metal gear and resident evil

Your point being?

Because he's a desperate snoyfag, that's why

>implying kids in Mario 64’s demographic were playing these games

Mate, I was 8 when I first played Doom.

Doom wasn't a horror game though

This is quite accurate.

Don't samefag if you are, and if your not
You must be joking

PC kinda got the short end of the stick on a handful of times. Got the 7th gen version of Splinter Cell Double Agent instead of the superior 6th gen version, never got Red Dead Redemption, etc. Also, the 360 had a handful of good exclusives, like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Cave's shmups.

The PS1 had way more variety than the N64. At least the PS1 had JRPGs at all. The N64 only had like two total.

Wrong console pal lol. I love thr atari jaguar slogan it is so misleading

Variety doesn't matter if no one buys it lol
you keep posting shit no one heard about or liked. As if that's supposed to impress anyone
Regardless what you think n64mini is going to btfo any other classic console beforehand
I mean imagine seething this hard you try to convince yourself the sytem that's home to literally a third to half of the top 10 games OF ALL TIME list isn't that good
Meanwhile most PlayStations are just known as the gta machine

I'm not samefagging and my first console was atari 2600. I still find this accurate. Also it follows the history of consoles I ever owned. Nintendo past SNES is handheld only company.

So your just regular retarded
The PS3 was far from winning that gen, and n64 at least has dibs of being worthwhile to best console of that gen depending on point of view
Everything else checks out

>How can anyone prefer this system where the games run at 20fps and below, look like vaseline smeared puddles of vomit to something like the playstation and saturn?
sure but can playstation and saturn do this

Attached: conk2.webm (480x360, 2.49M)

>mentioning GoldenEye but not Perfect Dark
So you know nothing about N64. Got it.

>Yeah dude, what a pathetically small library including:
>The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
>The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
>GoldenEye 007
>Perfect Dark
>StarFox 64
>F-Zero X
>Mario Kart 64
>Paper Mario
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Banjo-Tooie
>Super Smash Bros.
>Rogue Squadron
>Star Wars Episode I: Racer
>Donkey Kong 64
>Conker's Bad Fur Day
>Jet Force Gemini
>Etc.

Attached: brainlet5.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

>one good looking n64 game
>vs 50 n64 games looking like smeared shit even more so than super mario 64
wow..

But user the 200 ps1 jrpgs no one bought
How can nintentards compete

Attached: wdc3_n64.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

He wasnt taking about it graphically but how the ps1 cant play fun games like conker(with the exception of crash, spyro, and mgs)

Also fuck you the blocky fe7 models look like shit compared to banjos

Back in '96 I looked at n64, because I had fond memories of SNES, and I then realized "wow this console is shit", then I decided to stick to my psx. It wasn't worth to get n64 back then, it isn't worth to do it today, these few good games (like harvestmoon 64) you can just emulate on pc.

So you just listed entire library of n64 good games? Wow that wasn't a long post.

Perfect Dark ran like garbage on the n64. Never mention it again.

Ps1 has some shitty jrpgs
Ff7
Mgs1
Spyro
Crash

Steep competition indeed

Lol exactly. When I was a kid I knew a couple people who had PS1s and they played games like Tomb Raider and Wipeout. But they didn't look great. Almost everyone I knew had an N64, which had great multiplayer games like GoldenEye and Smash Bros

I listed all the ones I could immediately think of, I know there's WWE games people loved as well, and others

Go back to your Snoy console

Why are you larping this hard? You called the system with orctina of time a game we still hail as number 1 shit, just cause?
Jus one look at the blockbuster machine with every big hit that wasn't mgs and fe7, and you were just like "nah"?
Not buying it sir

It's just fanboys who don't want to acknowledge their consumer remorse. Some of the biggest selling franchises in the SNES were Final Fantasy, Street Fighter and Dragon Ball Z. Yet, none of these franchises appeared on the N64.

In Japan, even the Saturn outsold the N64.

Attached: n64games.png (725x87, 4K)

Based 64 gets shit on for not having variety in it's library but everybody I known that has a ps1 only had things like crash, and Spyro.
Which I perfer banjo and Mario over anyday on top of smash, and kart, conker, and a surprising decent amount of good fps

>Consumer remorse
> 20 yr old console with games we still talk about on this board every day and hail as masterpieces
You have to pick one user

Also lol caring what Japan buys, everyone knows they have shit taste in everything

Because the N64 had like 50 good games. Sure it's not the over 100 good games that the playstation had but its still a lot.

Attached: 1date1.jpg (800x689, 124K)

I'm not even larping here senpai. to this day I haven't played Ocarina of Time, as I really don't find it interesting. The determining factors were jrpgs, armored core, symphone of the night, and other weebshit, as I was a raging weeb back then.

The N64 didn't even have 25 good games.

Why do you keep posting generic jrpgs as points for Sony?Cope

Attached: 925.png (256x255, 142K)

More weeb shit this time the 13th best fighting game series
Sony isn't sending their best

Attached: 1065.jpg (800x686, 175K)

*shakes poligons*

Doom 64 was the last time the series had something new without being ID technology wankery so at least I appreciate the good it had in a very individual game-by-game level, better than Gamecube too t.b.h.

Wipeout isn't even as good as Extreme-G, let alone F-Zero X. In general the N64 is a great system for racing games. From stuff like the Cruisin' games and Beetle Adventure Racing, to kart racers like Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart, to extreme sport shit like Wave Race and 1080, to Excite Bike 64 and its track builder, even to good licenced stuff like Mickey Speedway USA. There maybe 15 legitimate classic racing games on the thing.

Attached: pomormon-fontoso-ros.jpg (800x797, 183K)

I wish modern day consoles had as many good games as the ps1 and n64 had.

Switch has more good games than the PSX + N64 combined

Odyssey, Spl2n and... ?

Don't argue against facts

Attached: chart.png (683x490, 19K)

>even Dreamcast has more
How is this possible

Attached: better stuff than N64 had.png (524x420, 481K)

Maybe once the emulators of PS1 and N64 get ported

THE PS had FF7, 8, AND 9 which is better alone than Switch's whole library combined.

How many times are people going to fall for this pasta?

>Nintendo will never make a console as great as the n64 ever again
:-(

It was on the market for half the time, literally announced dead by sega themselves, and it still beat the N64, Nintendo's titanic effort of 3 years of R&D with the biggest graphics company in the world. The N64 isn't just the loser of the 5th generation with the weakest library, it's fucking cursed. Then again with all those millions of dollars of research and time, the fact that Sega pushed out a 60fps, 480p 3D machine while you're still piddling away with 20fps 240p just goes to show Nintendo made some serious mistakes. Mind you the Dreamcast came out basically 2 years after the N64, knee capping the entire system in the publics view as the most powerful.

Attached: dcsc.png (767x574, 693K)

The first PlayStation shall now be referred to as ZAPS (as in ZA WARUDO)
because it ZAPS your pathetic consoles to ashes.

It wasn't even just the graphics, Dreamcast was also pushing internet on consoles more than ever before, SEGA allowed it to create an ecosystem where both arcade games and the bigger console releases had the same chance (unlike Sony and Nintendo literally wanting to ban 2D games), added all kinds of extra hardware to make games more unique, it all seems ahead of its time and a genuine effort to make a great console, I never had the chance to have one on its time but it's one of those things that really feels like it had a lot to give so its dead just doesn't suit right.

>Final Fantasy 7
also on Switch
>Final Fantasy 9
also on Switch
>Final Fantasy 8
soon on Switch

Holy shit this post is LITERALLY Zoomer Revisionism.
My bet OP is a retarded zoomer /vr/fag that can’t cope with sega being a failure after the genesis

Dreamcast had ambition and vision but ZAPS was firmly rooted by that point
which made most people more interested in PS2.
GameCube is Nintendo continuing to suck in their signature fashion.

die hard trilogy alone > entire N64 library of shit.

>Does this mean the PS4 and Wii U will be beloved in time?
The ps4 probably won't because it lives on hype as opposed to good games.

Well it's not like SEGA itself was sustainable at that point, I think a good comparison would be the early PS3 fiasco but if Sony had a long history of fuck ups and didn't had billions to try to save themselves with a newer model of the same console.

t. butthurt segautist
The saturn and the dreamcast were the LOSERS of their respective generations

I'd rather be a N64 kid than a gamecube one, those got truly fucked.

>buttmad basedboy who is still mad his childhood console was worse

The only bad thing about the Dreamcast is that it introduced cel shading.

Classic Game Room would agree (minute 7:15).

youtube.com/watch?v=482hkgihYzk

No, that's the N64 and gamecube. Undeniable failures with pathetic libraries to match.

Anybody who knows anything knows THE PS was better than N64.

I MUST KNOW THE PROGRAM USED TO CREATE THIS

Attached: monolith.jpg (730x477, 281K)

>I repeat it a lot it will be real!!!1!!11
As expected of a retarded segautist.

Fucking this. Just release an N64 classic already Nintendo. You have all the ROMs from the Wii eShop

Attached: 1560278654893.jpg (1439x1374, 205K)

That's just an iconic scene from the 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

>n64 classic with no goldeneye
lets face it, after the genesis mini anything nintendo does will be too little too late.

N64 had Puzzle League, Pokémon Stadium and Mischief Makers. It wins by default.

Also, anyone who says Banjo is overrated can kindly fuck off. I never grew up with that game but having finally played it I can safely say that it is ONE of the best games of that generation. It is so good I went to a stinky flea market just to get a physical copy.

Attached: 1560648022015.gif (500x466, 1.95M)

>he's a gamecube kid
WEW

This thread is zoomer revisionism that played this game on their PC ROMS

Blessed post.

Outside of Soul Calibur and Phantasy star online, the dreamcast lacked iconic games compared to the GCN like LOZ TP, WW, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, RE4, REmake, Melee and many more else.
Heck, I could even say that “lesser” games like F-Zero GX or SF Adventure are more iconic than most of the DC games.
Keep seething, segautist

banjo's a shallow platformer bloated with gimmicks. It's neat for a play through but ultimately a disposable experience.

The PS had WAY more weeb games.

Attached: 500.jpg (800x617, 102K)

no u

quality over quantity, it's not always a matter of how many games it's what kind of games.

>All the wrestling games holy shit

It's really weird. I have no interest in wrestling games at all, but the ones on N64 are fucking AMAZING.

>he doesn't know
Underage detected

>the wii zelda (as how everyone remembers it), worst zelda, worst mario kart, the one resident evil that got ported to everything, Melee and Prime, the list goes on I swear!
Funny how you even bother to mention the game that killed all Star Fox relevancy.

Yeah, it needs cartoony kiddie eyes and homogenized game play, otherwise it just might as well not exist to a cubekiddie.

N64 games were trash user. literally all of it was kiddie shit. only turok 1 was nice, but the definitive version was on PC, so ...

Name better and more iconic games then.
You can even count the SA games, even tho they are in the GCN too

What does "iconic" mean and why does it matter?

>quality over quantity
>2,5k games
>10% of games being good
>250 games

vs

>350 games
>10% games being good
>35 games

This really makes you think.

>their

Kek, believe what you want bro.

>he fact that Sega pushed out a 60fps, 480p 3D machine while you're still piddling away with 20fps 240p just goes to show Nintendo made some serious mistakes. Mind you the Dreamcast came out basically 2 years after the N64
Well, 2.5 years. But there's a few reasons for that. Firstly, the N64 was massively delayed, it was supposed to be released in 1995.

Secondly, the Japanese launch of the Dreamcast at the end of 1998 was basically a paper launch only, there were hardly any consoles available because the PowerVR2 chip was very difficult to fab. It's basically what happened with the N64 hardware in 1995 but Nintendo didn't try to paper launch that console. There's a reason that Sega didn't bother to release it worldwide until September 1999. Because the hardware manufacturing wasn't actually ready until that time.

>mario party 3
mario party 2 is better

Nintendo has "kiddie" so they were "bad" Wow you really don't know how dark Nintendo games are do you?

Haha, what rascal. ;D

mgs
ff vII-IX
RE
Chrono cross
tomb raider
Xenogears
FF tactics
spiderman
CTR
could go on

What's with the 10%? I am sure half of the 64's Library was good.

Playstation was definitely the one that had to most in it's collection. So many great games.

Attached: dc.jpg (800x804, 241K)

This was back in the day when video games where about fun and not being your second life.

4 player local co op with no big loading times was a big thing

Kek.

1 in 5 games on the n64 is a racing game. I'm not exaggerating, that's the actual ratio.

We used to pull out Bushido Blade and Tekken at parties. Anyway I also had both, 5th gen was overall the best one.

It was a good call though.

Attached: wave-race-64.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

I mean, if someone likes racing games, than I guess that is an option. That's good to know though.

Attached: br.jpg (800x790, 110K)

>black man
>water sports

come on now

>You have a mario kart, banjo kazooie, starfox 64, majoras mask, mario 64, goldeneye, mischief makers and bomberman hero

boomer opinions...

Attached: 1491642883403.png (630x620, 32K)

how many followed the dotted line games can someone feasibly play before getting bored to death

>You have a mario kart, banjo kazooie, starfox 64, majoras mask, mario 64, goldeneye, mischief makers and bomberman hero and that's basically it.
You're forgetting the greatest game of all time.

Attached: pd.jpg (1024x768, 64K)

It's incredibly simple, people got a N64 when they were younger and probably only had like 3-4 games with the occasional trip to blockbuster to rent one for a night or two.
Also, you're excluding a rediculous amount of great n64 titles, most notably Ocarina Of Time, which would be like excluding Final Fantasy from your PS1 game list.
Both consoles have great games, get over yourself and stop console waring.

Attached: 1560556255278.png (392x464, 293K)

Going back and forth between goldeneye and mario kart with 4 players was some of the funnest gaming I've ever experienced. It also has some of the GOAT singleplayer games and is Nintendo at their peak.

The whole "N64 has low fps" criticism is a modern one, if you actually played games during this time nobody cared about such trivial things, fun was the most important thing. "fps" or "resolution" wasn't in the average console gamers vocabulary.

In a list of 200 great PS1 games I could easily avoid a final fantasy game. I can't avoid a zeldo in a 10 great n64 games list. Really says a lot about the platform. Also Zelda isn't particularly good, get better taste.

PS1 was shit because of the loading times. PS2 on the other hand was amazing with one of the greatest libraries in gaming

>and my first console was atari 2600
No wonder you have such shit taste

Don't forget Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps and Goemon. Also Snowboard Kids.

N64 Had Stacraft and one of the best multiplayer games like Conker and Perfect Dark

If we keep console warring it will prove 5th gen > 6th.

Loading times weren't as bad as you remember, and compared to today where games take minutes to get in game, they're basically nothing. The worst PS1 games take about 15 seconds to load.

>muh entry level srpg
>muh evil church
>muh killing god

You forgot one

Attached: Quest64_bigwtmk.jpg (520x358, 167K)

kino

Attached: conker_logo.webm (640x360, 2.06M)

>The worst PS1 games take about 15 seconds to load.
Every screen transition

Anti-Nintendo fans are the worst, aren't they?

Attached: 1825.jpg (800x796, 168K)

Sega was alright because they actually had interesting games. Sonyfags eith rageboners for nintendo are just the saltiest creatures in the world, constantly flaunting their year-later causalized derivatives of better games as if they are the holy grail of its generation.

Don't you fucking shit on my need for speed op

Attached: !!e!U1S!CGM~$(KGrHqR,!kwE0FEUnU4iBNP3v,g5,w~~_35.jpg (300x218, 26K)

Count the ff7lite library on the ps1/2. And i'm not just joking about jrpgs as a genre, i'm talking about the 10+ literal engine rips by different studios. Gaming has always been soulless, you just never noticed.

The late 90s had a SUPER rich cultural scene
they were even calling the 1999 Beetle the Millennium Bug.

Attached: millenniumbug.jpg (640x480, 44K)

also conker and banjo kazooie

Nintendies are still in damage control from 20 years ago. The got btfo by Sony and even Sega then they got btfo by Sony and Microsoft. The wii was a fluke, marketed to nromies and its best selling games are wii sports and wii fit, literally a mom console. Now they’re forced to make handhelds because they can’t compete in the console market. Sad

Attached: 2ACF1C3D-67E2-4409-93E7-685D453CBDBE.jpg (1080x1437, 75K)

COPE harder

Dilate

its the quality of the games. back when they were coming out with this stuff the “console wars” were still very much real. so they each company had to release quality content.

now every loser plays videogames and makes a joke out of them and companies make massive sales on shitty games just because the marketers can influence stupid people.

The "Millennium Bug" was introduced in late 1997 as the 1998 model New Beetle.

the ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHAMEFUL STATE of UNDER(age)FAGS

>>Vigilante 8.
>better on ps1
No it's not, what the fuck? The N64 version has more modes and an extra level. You can actually play the story mode multiplayer on the N64 version, the only thing the PS1 version has over the N64 version is the cutscenes being animated in poor quality.

>>Resident Evil 2.
>better on game boy color
lol

South Park is unironically good. Any list that includes Turok better damn well include South Park because South Park is just Turok but with turkeys instead of Dinosaurs and it's fucking awesome.

based + redpilled. I've owned most consoles and n64 is my least favourite one, with only goldeneye standing out.

>BTFO by sega
Imagine being this retarded
Master system: 2nd/3rd against nintendo
Genesis: 2nd to Nintendo
Saturn: 3rd to Sony and Nintendo
Fraudcast: fucking 4th to Sony, Nintendo and MS.

The novelty of classic systems has passed, and the licensing issues involved with most of the N64 library would be more trouble than it's worth.

The n64 and PS1. Now those were gaming consoles. So many great games. Not like today.

By being the least retarded of all 3 major players at the time. They catered to developers instead of the other way around, WEREN'T fighting among themselves, advertised successfully to the edgy teens/young adults of the 90's who wanted nothing to do with "kiddy" toys, and most importantly, released relatively inexpensive games that catered to a wide variety of people EVERYWHERE.

Even with a full set of no intro roms, there is nothing to play.

Attached: P_20190616_120024.jpg (3264x2448, 1.82M)

Attached: grandia.jpg (800x681, 159K)

gay n dia

They still managed to dethrone a company which in the 80's had 90-95% of the video game market share. Sega is the reason we have a video game industry and not a Nintendo monopoly.

Attached: seganintendo1993.png (907x573, 40K)