People who still defend random crits, explain how they are good for the game

People who still defend random crits, explain how they are good for the game

Attached: ffghjkuuuu222.png (300x237, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It gives you hope in the midst of the darkest despair.

They are not

They are fun!
Tf2 fails as a competitive game. Let fun stuff remain.

Imagine if a modern game came out with such a stupid idea.

adds excitement and enjoyment, and a sense of attachment to your character when they perform a crit.

Tf2 is 1/10th the difficulty of tf1

this
also make every gun balanced in a fun way and not in a way that makes them all either completely useless or super broken

If you're not in the purple, you're objectively wrong.

Attached: 1542310047693.jpg (1199x1195, 178K)

>casual pub game
crit enabled
>competitive/tournament rules
crit disabled

Did they change this or is OP just a huge cockmongler

Theyre fun
Nothing makes me giggle harder than killing 3 people with a random crit as soldier
And if one kills you, then just wait the 20 seconds to get back in the battle you ADHD tard.
The only people who rally against random crits are brainless Uncle Dane fans and competetive shitters who feel the need to turn TF2 into something it's not.
Started playing in 2011 (I somehow managed to buy it right before it went f2p, lucky me), have clocked in over 4000 hours into the game.
Random crits are fun and exciting.

Attached: 1548288698279.jpg (389x398, 13K)

u mad bro?

TF2 has much bigger issues than random crits.

>removing or keeping current auto balance
>not just making auto balance not be completely fucking retarded
it just needs to stop doing this all the fucking time

Attached: ARE YOU.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Auto balance makes me leave the game, Random Crits do not.

>blast a mofo
>"crockets are fair and balanced"
lol they so mad

What do you want in the Heavy update?
inb4 >heavy update
Humor me.

*spy crit death scream*

I get no satisfaction from dicerolling better then the opponent and getting shit on crocket or critpill is frustrating especially as engi or medic with uber

>removes weapons special effect
game is dead to me

>tfw enemy rages in chat after you shadenfreuded in their random crit death screen

Attached: 1511317902951.jpg (288x297, 11K)

If I wanted to be a try-hard, I'd go play a pug or comp mode
I play casual modes to have fun, crits are fun

I do a big smug smile when I crit the guy who's already mad. That feeling is reason enough to keep it.

they're good because they keep the game casual

>bszszszshzhshzsst
>BOOM

crits aren't an issue. they're a fun and unique game mechanic

the issue is that there's still people who argue that isn't a casual game with a non-existent skill ceiling due to the fact that getting kills is literally 75% RNG (including mini-crits) and enables you to consistently kill players who would otherwise be profoundly better than you if crits didn't exist.

In fact, calling crits RNG is an understatement. You can literally equip weapons and shit that can guarantee you crits.

Nah you're wrong and shit
>Steamrolling BLU
>Get balanced to the other team
>Start steamrolling RED
Keeping both is liberatrian

Attached: 1533954234638.gif (500x500, 462K)

Uncle Dane tells me they're bad, and Uncle Dane is always right!

*Crit sound*
*1 second delay*
*muffled scream from sock in mouth*

team fortress 2 was never meant to be a competitive game for tryhards

Attached: god i wish i was that dog.jpg (600x846, 41K)

FPBP

Uncle Dane tells me they're bad, and Uncle Dane is a basedboy so now i love crits!

I don't like random crits and I think they should be removed because RNG luck shouldn't trump actual skill. But ultimately, they should stay in the game because removing them would indirectly buff weapons like the frontier justice, the diamondback, etc.

as a heavy main probably a new minigun and some balance changes to the trash beast, steak and warrior's spirit so they're not complete garbage

Random crits are bad, there are literally no arguments agaisnt it aside from "uhh muhh dose of adrenaline"

Git gud

if they restricted crits only to specific conditions (no RNG), that'd be cool

unpredictability forces you to stay on your toes, think twice about tanking that engie with a shotgun.

they cause people to use their "random crits are fair and balanced" bind indicating they're subhuman

also think twice before getting close to soldier because his rocket might come out shiny and you go splat

No, that is still the same but OP wants the fucking CASUAL mode to have COMPETITIVE rules for no apparent reason other than to make up for his shit skills or lack thereof.

I like how the only reason people bitch about random crits is when its from explosions

They cause all sorts of rage and butthurt so it's all good with me. The people who flip out over it sure cry a lot.

Literally doesnt mean shit because competitive doesn't have random crits by default. Casual mode is going to have casual shit in it, deal with it fag.

Random crits favor people who are gud though.
>inb4 Demoman takes skill

Attached: 1E6F522F-3CE4-4322-AE7C-CC312D76EC0E.jpg (202x249, 6K)

ECELEB SAY WORDS
ME AGREE WITH WORDS

Makes it more fun. Go play checkers if you want boring predictable shit.

random crits prevent stalemates between two equally skilled teams.
if you're playing tf2 competitively and not for fun you're doing it wrong.

Attached: 1550622010456.png (450x448, 54K)

>all these TFcucks defending this while OW, the game they s*** on instead of playing their game, doesn't have any RNG at all
*WHEEEEEEEEEEEEZE*

It gives me despair more often. You're more likely to be the recipient of a crit than to get one yourself. I don't even feel good about getting crits anymore, I just feel like I've been robbed of a fair, fun fight.

>the only reason keep playing OW is for the timed randomly selected skins
>doesn't have RNG at all

#Removerandomskins

>the only thing that matters is an esports scene

zoom zoom

that's because random crits benefit explosive classes the most
>sniper rifle can't random crit
>scout has to get close to the enemy and dies from one crit rocket/sticky
>spy gets shafted by random melee attacks

Spy is useless if we have guaranteed random crits on melee weapons lol

remember when this wasn't a big issue not even 2 fucking years ago

sometimes its fun to see someone blow the fuck up
stop being a comp try hard all the time
one of the biggest misconceptions with games especially multiplayer ones is that shit needs to be as absolutely as fair and competitive as possible
no, shit is allowed to be fun

>Guaranteed
>Random

Attached: F4F6AF05-3555-4D78-8433-1BC6EF7B3147.jpg (269x306, 16K)

Except it was? Just because you weren't informed about it at that time doesn't mean it didn't happen son

Attached: 1543945342222.gif (404x397, 1.96M)

Not even the non-esports modes have RNG because, surprise surprise, RNG is a stupid idea for an FPS
Skins aren't an FPS mechanic, hat gambler

>Skins aren't an FPS mechanic
Call of Duty sure seems to think so

super shotgun

if you're not ok with random crits then you should also not be ok with the kritzkreig, which is much more powerful and just as out of your control

this

lel nobody brought up overwatch but you
go back to your general

Both forms of TF2 are fun and neglecting either is depriving yourself not only of the experience but of balance knowledge

bait

>he doesn't get it
expected coming from someone like you

DESPAIR

Attached: 71-716312_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-monokuma-laughing-danganronpa-monokuma-png.jpg (820x555, 92K)

"just as out of your control"

You can always just kill the medic before he charges it you know
Plus a kritzkreig medic doesnt pop out of nowhere just like in any confrontation, unlike random crits

kritzkrieg isnt random nice try retard

Hypo-crits

>that sweet satisfaction and hit sound when you pop a crit rocket on the payload
The best feeling.

Attached: tenor2.gif (220x232, 255K)

Random crits make melee weapons more worthwhile since they have such an extreme chance to crit you can rely on it relative to gun crits

I don't know about this game, but I've done boss fights in RPGs multiple times where I know my only chance is getting a lucky crit. And when it happens, I immediately put the game down to fap to my main female.

explain how a solider turning a corner and blasting you with a random crit is different than a soldier turning a corner with a medic behind him (still behind a corner even) and blasting you with a guaranteed crit

oh wait I know because he can fire four of them guaranteed and blast not just you but the rest of your team as well

You're comparing a very specific situation to something that can happen out of nowhere

try harder senpai, crits are still shit

I wish they didn't add a thousand weapons to it and kept it simple but otherwise I wish it remained a fun game first and foremost and not some market simulation for valve

>Very specific situation
Most random crit deaths occur when turning corners.

But overwatch isn't even fun
Nobody wants to shoot barriers all day while getting their movement stunned and disrupted

Attached: 1560239799650.png (661x454, 308K)

Because they're fun, kys Dane. Go play comp faggot

If they removed random crits you could always go to community servers to play with them turned on, so that you can have your unfair but fun gameplay without screwing up a casual experience that should be fair and fun, while being as similar to competitive as possible.

Attached: 1556223624259.gif (268x278, 844K)

>If they kept random crits you could always go to community servers to play with them turned off, so that you can have your fair but stunted gameplay without screwing up a core mechanic of the game, while being as similar to competitive as possible.

Remove Autobalance.
Remove random bullet spread.

cause overwatch is shit with or without it.

>its another game where shotguns deal 4 damage at close range and melee hit sounds are made but no damage is delt despite having

Attached: 1550446603352.jpg (3500x4143, 393K)

lol
No one but crybabies care about that shit, go make your own shitty server and watch it die because no one cares.

it already works the other way around, why is it your turn to get what you want and the people who've been enjoying the game as it is all this time have to pack up and leave?

Meanwhile in minecraft:
>dig
>dig
>dig
>build a commie block
>dig
>dig
>dig
>dig
>go to nether
>ghost kills you
>lose all your stuff
No, I don't get mental retardation, as expected of anyone with a triple digit IQ
cope

They're not good and there's no defending them. It's a safety net to ensure everyone can play the game.

remove random spread

But nobody wants to play with me ;~;

Because it should be the official mode the one that's the closest to the official competitive mode

It shouldn't be on the community to work on fixing what Valve's ass cant or wont fix

But yet again the game has been kept up alive just because of the community so my argument here is very thin, at least on the game's current state

Attached: 1556163332898.gif (500x526, 841K)

explain how a soldier + medic combo entering your vision is any less "out of nowhere"

there's nothing you can do unless you're lucky and they're both terrible, if you go for the medic the soldier will kill you, if you go for the soldier the medic pops and you're fucking dead kiddo, no different than a random crit

Literally just play on a community server or make your own, how is that so difficult for you?

>he posted the ugly steve render so that means he must play minecraft
lol

Attached: 1560444430351.jpg (500x500, 81K)

Neither case is anywhere near the competitive mode, the one with 6 fucking player teams as opposed to twelve. Nevermind that the "official competitive mode" is fucking dead, barren, obviously entirely unsuccessful. why should the core game that's fun and has been fun for 10 years change to emulate a gamemode that nobody plays?

Because I’m not a tryhard and crits cause unexpected events to happen

>why should the core game that's fun and has been fun for 10 years change to emulate a gamemode that nobody plays?
To appeal to a wider audience obviously

Yeah, like I said my argument is very thin considering the game's current state
Maybe instead of removing random crits they could always make a 6v6 mode you could check with no random crits and stopwatch timer (I miss it)

Random bullet spread has no excuse though, that's just fucking dumb

>dodging their post by insulting the reaction image instead
Nice argument faggot

What I think would be cool for the Natascha would be getting rid of the spin-up penalty and damage resistance, and lowing the damage penalty to only -20%. Now each bullet landed increases speed by 1% for 4 seconds each, so not missing a single shot for 4 whole seconds would mean you're moving at 117 speed, faster than everyone but the Scout.
And for the Brass Beast, it could do 5% more damage and 5% more damage resistance for every 50 health below full health, and 5% slower spun-up speed and 5% slower spin-up time for every 50 health below full health, but it would have the opposite effect when overhealed, so you'd be spinning up faster and moving faster while spun-up, but would do less damage and be more vulnerable.

that wider audience already has plenty other games that already appeal to them in the same way, trying to cater to them when they already have other options much better suited to that kind of format will only fail to draw them, but also alienate the current playerbase, which hasn't stuck around for so long because of some faint hope one day the game will be more like counterstrike.

>arguing with someone that never played the game
Sounds like cringe to me

Soldier's banners for Heavy

It’s a good thing that Valve is even too lazy to appeal to a niche audience

>He's still reaching for stupid shit

fucking kek

Why not an auto shotgun or turning the Sandvich Safe into a proper secondary?

Fuck you. It needs more weapons.

ECELEB MAKE GOOD POINT
ME AGREE WITH ECELEB

Shouldn't have died, kiddo.

Unless it's a new Sentry I don't care.

Remove snipers before removing random crits.

Getting headshot randomly across the map adds nothing to the game. Prove me wrong.

It's mostly a soldier or a demo who gets crits since they do the most damage. For every critical shotgun there are six crockets.

the only point he's ever made is that he's garbage at comp and wants casual to be like comp to compensate for never getting to play with his hero b4nny

Name a single game snipers contribute to
Snipers should funademntally not exist in videogames

Most casual games of TF2 are just slogfests between teams of 12-16 people. Even if you die to a random crit or kill someone to it there's still plenty of bodies coming at you so it doesn't matter too much.

Wow just stay out of their sightlines.

You know you wouldn't have to complain about crits at all if you just didn't take any damage in the first place

still a better game than all the ones built to be

They're fun. TF2 was never meant to be a super serious game outside of clutch plays where the team decides to get its shit together and go crazy in game chat.

b4nny literally invited him to his team for a no rules tournament

>crits don't prevent stalemates
>why do random crits bother you on blue then? you only need to wait 5 seconds
>well you see like...

Pretty much this
>Lol but muh corridors

They would never remove a class.
The Sniper Rifle could use some changes, though.

difference is its a bot

Respawn times over 10 seconds are abhorrent

In comp, they arent
in casual, they're funny and help a game move forward if your team is shit

Its fun for demoman and spy. Fuck comp.
Bring back valve public server browser

>TF2
>fun "fair" fights

It’s still there, but the majority of players have a room temp IQ

>Reduce 0 charge headshots to 125 damage
>Decrease and lose charge when moving
here, fixed sniper for you.

Have you played casual recently? Every other game you will be put on a team filled with 9-10 troglodytes who don't even know how to play the game and only exist to be cannon fodder for the enemy team. If you're the only good player on your team and die to a random crit the game may as well end at that point since your worthless team sure as hell isn't going to do anything.

>Still shoot a scout in the foot and he dies
>WOW NICE BODYSHOT
You really can’t win

>headshots no longer crit before 1 second charge time

done

never understood why people bitch about bodyshots

yeah and he did literally nothing but build teleporters because he had to be le engineer

call me when he lets him on for something that isn't a joke

Because they are fair and balanced. what are you,
stupid?

Attached: 46.png (900x676, 410K)

Wait a second, I just read my post again and realized my mistake. If you're hitting someone with your mini-gun, you're already going much slower. With 40% more speed, you're only going the same speed as you are when you're not spun up, which is still pretty good.

The sniper rifle basically already does that.

>What is flanking?
Any scunt who charges a sniper head on deserves to die anyways.
Same shit goes to the DDS. Any Sniper who lets a pyro that close also deserve death.
Bodyshot>Missed headshot.

I get random crits and never hit any with them. Maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 make contact? For something meant for casual players, that's fine by me. It's when the sweaties abuse it that it gets retarded.

I don’t either, however it’s why I use the Sydney Sleeper religiously

Attached: 6E39B971-7876-4960-863D-C22095D166F4.png (156x267, 43K)

>Rifle now does only 25 damage, charges up to 6 times damage
>instant headshots now only 75 damage, fully charged shots are the same
>maybe also reduce charging time slightly

the theory is that you can just sit and charge up your shot indefinitely and just frantically click on the first thing you see for an easy kill, though it's literally no different from getting shot in the head on your end so it's just people being mad

it doesn't really matter with the stock rifles I guess but I suppose there's room to complain for the Machina, which does absolutely nothing but reward said behavior, and I suspect it was responsible for a lot of the general complaints we see today

not at all, unless you've got auto rescope enabled you can headshot the moment you scope.

1 second of time before headshots and now he can't quick scope people right infront of him, and quick scoping in general isn't such a nightmare.

I find the Sydney Sleeper to be more fun than the other rifles, not sure why

Anyone that B-lines a Sniper and gets shocked when they die needs to quit TF2
Up the quick scope damage to 100-110 and I’d be willing to accept the rest of the compromise

Sniper should do one shot bodyshots like in Call of Duty god I can't believe Call of Duty ever became popular, how could anyone think that's good design?

Attached: Really.jpg (640x360, 48K)

Attached: 1546979797042.png (1097x280, 23K)

>in a FPS

because charging a shot and clicking on someones body part from across the map isn't hard.

So when your'e avoiding some pro-sniper 1337 headshots by flailing around and he body shots you, its pretty annoying.

Imagine if indirect rocket explosions did a flat 100 damage.

Ok here is some food for thought
Let's have two games game A and game B that are basically the same thing but with different crit mechanics
>Game A
Has a % based crit, be it random or pseudo random
>Game B
Has actual crit hitboxes, but the spread pattern is designed in such a wonky way that no matter how perfectly you aim it, you still would crit on average with the same chance as game A
And now you see people praising game B and calling game A a shit while it's literally the same.

Why can't we improve both instead of putting up with flaws or outright removing things?
Most people are ok with melee crits, the real thing people get upset with are sticky or rocket crits, so all you need to do is tone down the chance they will trigger.

Autobalance doesn't pick the correct players to swap (sometimes it will swap the best player an a losing team just to fill a slot), and it happens at stupid times. Stop it from swapping during ends of a match and prefer it duing setup.

It’s first and foremost a true support weapon. You mark your enemy so your friends on the front can sweep them up, also getting mini crit headshots consistently is a great ego stroke

200 milliseconds is .2 seconds.
I would be proposing another .8 seconds.

The point of halving the damage and doubling the charging is to keep the numbers simple.
It could get some other buff, like decreasing charging time, increasing moving speed while scoped, et cetera.

>game hands you crits the more damage you do in just a second
>you can pretty much have as much as you want if you had a kritzkreig medic on you
It's that easy bros

it's funny. I burst out laughing every time I random crit as scout with a meatshot to just obliterate someone. can't help but imagine the other person saying "wow he really got a crit"

Attached: 1560487792444.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Replace autobalance with team scramble. Everyone should cheer and suffer, not just one side

>Playing chess
>Oh, my pawn just gritted and killed 3 other pawns and a knight
>This is how balance should be!
Critcucks need a rope

>You're more likely to be the recipient of a crit than to get one yourself.
Only if you're bad at the game, my man

Attached: CritHitChance.png (900x714, 69K)

Straight up halving the damage of a quick scope is too harsh a nerf even if there’s a faster charge. Which is why 100 for a quick scope sounds more reasonable. Alternatively, up the base damage when you land a shot center of mass(chest, gut) since that’s what Snipers are actually trained to do

M60

I think random crits should have just a static percentage and weapons that get guaranteed crits dont get random crits

most other board games have dice rolls, if anything chess is the odd man out here

The fact that they even updated how it works means that we're never getting them removed

why even bother bros

Attached: 62092312_1281046375405494_79917044887191552_n.jpg (720x720, 62K)

Crits are fine.

>20% last shot that would have killed someone
>60% melee crit swing
>10% that one pipe or rocket that blows up everyone on the cart
>9% heavy minigun from across the map
>1% fucking bullshit that kills you instantly

Attached: blue yotsuba.png (500x281, 53K)

>lower crit starting chance from 5 to 1%
>more likely to get an unusual than get hit by an actual random crit at full hp

But then the numbers couldn't multiply to make max shots do exactly 450 damage, which is what it takes to exactly kill an overhealed Heavy.
I could, however, see the charging start slightly before you can actually shoot, so you basically start with a little bit of charge and can do more damage on a quickscope.

200ms is still pretty noticeable, but at the same time trying to nerf sniper is unnecessary.

>not having enough skill to dodge bullets

>no rng
if youve ever played the game, or watched any high level play, you know that the rng lies it its hit detection. OW's server resolutions are absolute garbage

its just a skill floor and ceiling lower.

I love how you insist on calling it a core mechanic of the game as if that automatically makes it a good thing.

TF2 has its fair share of bullshit that instantly kills you not including crits.
The only thing that feels super bullshit to me is soldier rocket crits- other than that being killed by a crit feels no different to just being killed by the million other ways.

They are entirely random. They make kills quicker and overall enhances the pace of matches increasing the excitement of encounters. People only ever bitch about random crits when they are killed by them. No one has ever said "oh shit I got a random crit that resulted in a satisfying triple kill, that's absolute bullshit"

>WAAAAH I GOT KILLED ON A CASUAL GAME REEEEEEEEEE
>REMOVE
>TOO OP

don't forget about the crit pills that blow up an entire fucking team around the cart with just one pill

Why punish players for being good? It takes time and effort to consistently abuse quick scoping.

>never plays on the crit free server
>tells people to play on the other servers

are you a feminist?

That's not really ever the argument, though. It's never a matter of them being overpowered, but that people just don't find them fun.

its not punishing them. its limiting what they can accomplish. theres a reason the quick scope limit exists in the first place. Hell theres a reason you need to scope in the first place.

I don't know what that has to do with my post but ok

A bofors 40mm cannon that is basically is a Reserve shooter on crack

Yes, more so than most other shooters out there since they just consist of whoever sees the other person first wins

I find being quickscoped or walking into a level 3 turret unfun.

No im just not a piss baby that gets upset over a 1 in 10000 kill

It takes skill to do a lot of shit, but there's a point where more skill needs to stop being rewarding because nearly nobody can realistically reach higher than that point.
It's not fun to fight against aimbot Snipers, is it? And even if a person if immensely skilled and can practically play like a bot, does that make it any more fun than playing against actual aimbots?

>never played the game
I was playing overwatch back in the tankmeta with pre nerf Ana. One of the main jobs of 76 and Roadhog was to dump bullets into the enemy Reins shield to break it to make plays. Real riveting gameplay, not!
Then damage characters were completely removed from the equation with goats, and the focus shifted to stunners and disruptors with the release of Brigitte.

The whole reason that the sandman and natasha got super nerfed in TF2 is because having your movement removed or hindered is just not fun in a FPS.

Attached: 1560239925178.png (588x534, 227K)

>>No im just not a piss baby that gets upset over a 1 in 10000 kill

so why do you want the removed?

Then git gud, dumbass
There's a difference between something out of everyone's control and you being bad at the game

>Crits
You mean random bursts of concentrated skill?

>The whole reason that the sandman and natasha got super nerfed in TF2

is cause it was broken in comp

I'm the one who made the prior post, he responded for me for no reason

You're missing the point tho, read carefully

You know there's this game where the developer totally stripped out all random elements, made every facet of the game concrete & easy to quantify on a whim, and everyone abandoned it because the game takes less time to "solve" than a cereal box puzzle

Attached: 1556059656252.jpg (1200x1191, 353K)

Luck is also a skill.

>b4nny forced uncle dane to be le engineer
>Literally no class restrictions nor weapon restrictions
You are an idiot

Keep both, remove matchmaking. Quickplay was functionally the same for people who didn't care, and you could actually find the map you want instead of this clunky filter shit

But it is a good thing? I don’t understand what your issue is

but those werent used in comp
Why use the Natasha when the minigun and tomislav exists?

Git gud you fucking shitter faggot.

Okay, then you git gud and stop worrying about another element of a Rock Paper Scissors FPS

Explain how they are bad first

valve has never made changes with 6s in mind, because for one reason or another those weapons weren't (and still aren't) used anyway, be it because it's STILL blatantly superior and skilless to use in the sandman or outright inferior to other options in the natascha

The natachsa is a crutch for Heavies that can't track properly

You can't git gud agaisnt random crits, you literally cannot predict when and how will they affect you

Unlike with a Lvl 3 sentry or a quickscoper cunt

They let me get cheeky deflects that kill 7 players at once

Attached: 5CD99425-DFCD-4137-90DD-8DB50BCCB3C3.png (633x611, 115K)

[Kelly Thornton] Critical hits are one of the features that resulted from our focus on pacing. The Critical hits system attempts to slightly influence the highs and lows of the game by increasing the chance of a Critical hit based upon the player's recent performance. In summary, the better you're doing the more likely you'll continue to do well. This helps create those rare high moments where a single player goes on a rampage and gets three or four kills in rapid succession.

Attached: 1556932037448.png (971x1045, 164K)

You are absolutely pathetic crying faggot
I have nothing else left to say to you expect
git gud

who hasn't played with b4nny.

>reflecting a rocket into him and his pockets phase
>scorchshot splash finishing off the medic

Attached: When+medic+hits+that+charge+just+right_26640d_5825346[1].jpg (780x589, 44K)

You have to be out of your mind to honestly think a sniper quickscoping you for being predictable could ever possibly be compared to going up against an aimbot. The way you speak already shows you don't know how to play the game if you find quickscoping to be that hard to "reach". A person with aimbot tier aim is 1/10000 and they will still have the potential to miss. I would take a fight against aimbot tier snipers versus actual aimbots every day out of the week. At least with legit snipers I can rest easy with the fact that they're just good at the game and are better then me, I move on and strive to become better at the game. Though it seems that you are legitimately bothered by the fact that people put time and effort into being good and can't swallow your pride and admit it. Instead you want to limit what good players can do in order to keep your ego.

that adds nothing to the conversation you retard
if you're out of points to argue with just shut up

Attached: 1554933420482.png (878x644, 439K)

>valve has never made changes with 6s in mind

>razor back change
>base jumper change
>sydney sleeper change
>cow mangler change
>honestly anything for these past couple updates

Flare gun should be Pyro's stock secondary and he should lose all three shotguns.

Just don't get hit???
Are you actually retarded?

>you can't predict getting shot
>but you can predict getting shot

BIG THINK

The shotguns do fit for his burst and spread damage role though

you literally don't deserve
enjoy being a lucky bitch, coheed4lyfe and FUCK roasties

Attached: b.jpg (720x720, 26K)

We should remove pyro in favour of buffing heavies HP to 450 and removing headshots

Does TF2 live rent free in your head to the point you have to bring up overshit lel

Attached: B1D4E58D-6CB8-40A5-ADA6-13EDCEFBDFCD.jpg (853x543, 138K)

It makes whiny shitters like you leave

Attached: 250px-Taunt_Fresh_Brewed_Victory.png (250x360, 88K)

There's a reason there are limits in the first place.
And, while they may be better Snipers than I am, that doesn't mean they're "better" than I am and insulting my skill isn't an argument.
It's simply not fun to play against the best Snipers because there isn't even a small chance of getting away as 5/9 classes in the game. You could peak your head and instantly get killed and be unable to do anything about it.

degreaser pyro with panic attack is fucking broken and I hope they fix it. its near puffsting levels of absurd.

>play with b4nny in some casual game
>all he does is roll out, bomb someone and get instantly destroyed
>build a minisentry in a spot where he's taken out every time before he can kill anybody
>he quickly disconnects

Attached: 1555037113231.jpg (500x375, 52K)

>while they may be better Snipers than I am, that doesn't mean they're "better" than I am

Attached: 1549584218476.png (436x187, 61K)

He should get a modified flare gun that shoots incendiary shot to take over that role.

honestly they need to fix heavy so medics aren't mandatory for his survival. sandvich almost did that, but he doesn't have the overheal.

please for the love of god valve update your game
Im tired of looking at complaining and fanfictions here

1v1 me as Scout, fggt

desu anyone can train their muscle memory with sniper and get headshots. its very annoying to play against.

TF2 needs an ingame hat toggle more than it needs random crits removed

Yeah how come they haven't added that into the game already? Specially with nowadays' cosmetics which are just garbage looking or just take a bite out of FPSs

there's already configs to remove hats and particles, the initiative is on you to find and use them if you want them gone

>filename

Attached: b57.jpg (600x670, 50K)

Nobody:

Absolutely nobody:

Not a single soul:

Overwatch: *brings back the classic TF2 formula but removes cancerous RNG elements to make the game deeper and competitively viable*

>still no command to remove skins without downgrading to dx8

There are a lot of reasons why random crits are a good thing and I'll tell you yet another one.

If you're on defense and have an impenetrable hold over an area over lesser skilled players, being killed by getting squarely hit by a crit rocket/grenade will spice up the round as it gives the enemy an opportunity to push on and you can fight them in a new place. So long as you continue playing BETTER than the opposing team, that one lucky crit death won't lose the game for you.

Does TF2 even run in dx8 mode anymore? Last I heard, they cut support for it.

imagine being this retarded

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

tf2 needs an ingame spray toggle.

You are delusional.

ESPECIALLY in a FPS

And if the crit was gone, the situation would just be based on the skill and teamwork of the teams in question

so your point is?

>twitter memes
this doesn't even deserve me typing out the word, so you just get the parenthesis ( )

It does still. Helps out if you want more fps

You'd be holding the same exact area for upwards of 10 minutes and that's boring.

You can't see other people's sprays on valve servers anyway. It's your own fault if you play on some gay furry community server.

Reported for anti-semitism. No, I'm not reporting you to the Yea Forums mods, I'm reporting you to the FBI because criticism of Israel is illegal in 27 states.

There are ZERO valid reasons for graphics restrictions in TF2 comp. ZERO.

If you take the game seriously, you'd go out of your way to figure out the console commands and advanced options. They aren't difficult for new players to understand.

Attached: NUCLEAR.png (400x211, 66K)

r_decals 0 lol

>466632347
heres your (you) dipshit

Attached: U.webm (640x640, 2.81M)

dx8 exists, but this guy is an idiot You don't get more fps.

The reason to use dx8 is for visual clarity as all of the shiny/reflective dx9 stuff gets disabled. Basically, you only use dx8 if you're a tremendous fucking tryhard trying to inch out any advantage they can get. admittedly, I use dx8 with very well thoughtout config changes for a slight advantage

Not being good enough to push a last point without random crits only shows a lack of skill on your end. But sure, just ignore that and blame it being "boring".

It was broken because comp fags cried "muh movement". Even now in it's most pathetic state the natasha is still blacklisted in 6s. The sandman is unbanned because now it's just a handicap. -15hp for a weak slow effect on projectile with a long recharge is not worth it.

Also notice how the banned weapons either affect movement or slow the pace of the game down. It's almost like jerking off onto Reins shield or getting pulled into the shadow realm by roadhog's hook isn't fun.

>using YouTube comment format ever
Fuck off

because weapons in tf2 are like nerf guns that never hit

>worst class
>worst kit
>nothing but nerfs over his lifetime
>entire update dedicated to him for winning a war, the loser got a better weapon and he got gimmicks and nerfs
>STILL called OP by shitters

and yet,
>scoutmains STILL cry over him
>btfos weebspymains
>reflects tryhard soldier mains with a single button press
>blows away your ubers
>harasses sniper mains regularly with flare shots
>has the ability to remove sappers
>blows away sticky traps

Is there any class more undeniably and unequivocally based? Go ahead. Post your ebin pyro main memes. Pyrochads always win in the end, baby.

Attached: 1555359413898.jpg (854x613, 28K)

This is about random crits, not your gayro shit

as much as I hate autobalance, valves retarded new match making would mean the first team to have a few people leave would be guaranteed to lose without it

>t. spy main

Attached: ioy7w2jd76s11.png (920x722, 466K)

Pyro is fun just on the grounds of all the things xhe can do, but it sure is hard to top the scoreboard on anything but the most f2p pub games...

Attached: spy bigbrain.jpg (640x1280, 215K)

>xhe
Nigger what

Attached: 66D6EDE7-D931-4A72-BAE6-E06F2931C8A1.jpg (622x621, 69K)

To be fair his new flame particles are kinda fucked.

sorry pal I meant she but my finger slipped one letter down

Pyro's gender is unknown.

OW is only good for porn and you know it. post total OW players in the last month

Fuck everything else, fix this, Valve.
youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk
Make the newest particle do the damage, so enemies against a wall aren't being damage only by the oldest particle. Make older particles in an enemy add up to do a little extra damage, so enemies against a wall actually get damaged more, though not by much. Make a missed particle simply lower damage slightly, instead of resetting it, so hitting the next one will bring damage back to full.
And fix everything else wrong here.
Pyro is a man.

genji is super fun, he hits all my weaboo recepticles like crack, there is no better feeling than wiping a team with a dragonblade the rest of the game is complete and utter trash though

Kys epic meme poster back to your cuckshed

Sorry sweaty.

Attached: file.png (1455x43, 5K)

they piss off ecelebs

because random crits are fucking fun when you kill others with it and when you get killed by one you can easily shrug it off we had this discussion already fuck off and just play the game

Attached: 1552392446025.jpg (612x600, 171K)

cringe

adds an element of unpredictability, a relic of a bygone era where everything didnt have to cater to autistic esports bullshit

Strategic ambiguity.

Why can't valve take a few servers and make them non crit? If the servers are dead and stay dead for a while the people will have spoken, put crits back on all servers and nobody can complain. If people do play on them leave them up. Fully enabling or disabling will leave out someone, but converting a few servers for a different type of player will leave everyone happy. Community servers tend to have alot of annoying plugins and addons. Valve servers have crits. Valve no crit servers alongside crit servers seem like the only real solution.

Attached: 1531795711078.jpg (559x642, 144K)

Luck is there to turn the game around. Having only static damage would mean you can do a certain strategy and always win. Luck can spice things up for the better. Or that's the creator's original idea, I believe

It's rare but those moments of leading a complete 360 are the absolute best.

The people have already spoken by not playing them on community servers. For that matter, nothing has stopped anyone from making their own no crit servers or joining up with a community that has some.

Attached: 85A63620-E020-4C8D-AA90-851AF4EA1460.jpg (563x725, 231K)

the only good thing dane ever did was dunk on star for being an entitled faggot crybaby.

My favorite medic gun is Kritzkrieg.

Good idea, but devs lazy cucks

Star is a niggerfaggot

Where the fuck did the heavy main youtubers go?

Dalokohs Bar

Attached: c_chocolate_large.56e9964d841910791e3e21524b8f48c4f66a05ee.png (512x512, 72K)

Just do this.
>Vote wins, crit gone yay
>Vote lose, crit stay, too bad

Attached: ptdkb0022fn21.png (686x386, 202K)

I mean a server where the only difference between it and a regular valve server is the crits. No special effects, advertisements, admins, or commands. Also, servers cost money. Valve has money, so they don't need to put ads anywhere. I also think making a more accessible no crit server that can be enabled with a simple check box when you queue would increase how many people play them, even if it is easy to find one yourself. Just a copy of a valve server with no crits being the only change.

I'd always vote no and if it ever passed I'd leave the server out of principle

24/7 2fort [INSTANT RESPAWN] is peak TF2 and no one can convince me otherwise.

Attached: aw shit 2fort.jpg (640x353, 22K)

^

this is a shit solution to a shit problem

A dedicated server is free if you’ve got a computer lying around that you aren’t currently using

>random weapon spread is lumped in with random crits
fuck that

Fixed

Attached: 9C6D7F6D-5635-4B72-84D2-236FEE762856.png (686x386, 261K)

Valve needs to fix the economy first. Keys should not cost 60 ref

>Reins shield
That shit and the insane chokepoints made overwatch unplayable. Not to mention you spend half the game walking to a fight.

If they did this, would there be another negative for weapons for which right now the negative is "No random crits?"
If so, what?

"Maining" heavy is limited to stomping oblivious pubs with your medic
"Maining" any class is for queers and a consequence of esports niggardry

Flex players should be executed

I find the lack of custom maps disturbing

This. Please one of you retards make TF2 classic servers that bring back the old weapons like fun caber, fun sandman, fun probably literally every single weapon because I actually forgot that 99% of the weapons got nerfed in some way.

>see spy going up stairs
>shoot his ass instead of following him up

Overwatch is the Most RNG based fps in existance

Yeah I guess having the ability to negate nearly every projectile in the game is a nerf huh?
Delusional pyrofaggot.

>decide to play demo
>"ugh demo mains are such cancer"
>decide to play scout
>"ugh scout mains are such cancer"
>decide to play sniper
>kicked from server
every time

Reminder if this update was reverted the game would be alot better.

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>>decide to play sniper
>>kicked from server
based

Casual is unironically better then pub in everyway

>see soldier rocket jumping straight into my sticky trap
>kaboom
>get called a kankerhomo

lol dutch people

Getting what you deserve Sniperoid

yes

I have to focus on playing a single class if I want to be anything other than dead weight because my only two working brain cells can't manage much more than that...

sauce on that chick? she looks familiar(no, not Tracer, the manga)

>be heavy main
>Kill the same Pyro soldier, spy and scout that charge at you with zero strafing what so ever
>get called a hacker and kicked

maining has been a thing for ages before e-sports, zoomer

>walk out of spawn and almost immediately die
>19 seconds to respawn despite last respawn time being 10

Attached: 31302895aeb81d7cb9e91eeb3495d4e8.png (563x579, 338K)

>ROFL why so serious this is a casual game so random bullshit from rpgs are ok xd
crits aren't. it's not fun when you crit someone with a shitty shot, it's not fun when you get killed by a rocket from 3 meters away and if you are a class with low health they are hell. just becuse it's not a competitive game doesn't mean this game needs crits or that they are fun, only shitter that can't kill a lonely sniper giving his back to you as pyro with the backburner likes crits.

Attached: SPLATS SPLOOT.jpg (676x581, 54K)

Attached: 1540148701470.jpg (800x600, 26K)

look at this faggot

Attached: 1499775381879.jpg (960x929, 143K)

>classic TF2 formula
>competitively viable

Attached: mud.gif (500x700, 324K)

If the vote passes I instantly switch to Kritz Medic.

Attached: file.png (288x348, 159K)

I get that Defense needs a longer spawn time than Attack but it would honestly be better if your lifetime and performance would lengthen or shorten your respawn by a couple seconds as well so newbies won't be stuck into respawn hell after 3 minutes of gameplay and pubs can be given more breathing space from lime soldiers and their medic gfs.

Attached: 1513031301511.jpg (717x960, 124K)

It looks like the server needs it daily dose of crit.

Look, another reply to drive in how gay you are

Attached: 1536707226373.jpg (571x532, 79K)

>play soldier
>go 50-0

Attached: 1532013939527.gif (540x380, 2.27M)

Attached: 1480702056795.png (843x945, 439K)

Non-random crits a perfectly fine.

Stalemate breaking.

Bring back its old self.

Attached: Loch-n-Load_item_icon_TF2 (1).png (700x567, 231K)

>play soldier
>go black box
>go 100-0 and literally never die

Attached: 1484528602339.jpg (1462x1462, 942K)

Weapons that can't random crit usually have a mechanic that gives crits or boosted damage under a specific circumstance. Having random crits tend to push a powerful weapon/mechanic over the edge. For example, the diamondback will give you crits if you sap or backstab, so random crit chance will increase as you deal high damage granted by the main mechanic. All the other weapons that have random crits aren't too unbalanced without them. So I don't think a replacement downside is necessary.

I don't have problems with the backburner or the medigun. I only forgot to add "random"

no that snow level will still waste 25 minutes of your life in the goddamn barn.

They won't do that. Should still have 2 shots and do at least 10% more damage on enemies. Maybe an extra bonus could be 25% larger blast radius when it hits an enemy.

>Able to two shot heavies already
Fuck off

Direct Hit

I hope they never get rid of random crits. Shit like the Frontier Justice or Buff Banner is never used because having to play scared or like a miser goes against the spirit of TF2. This game should always favor some form of aggression or assertiveness, not being a pussy and building a little meter, or figuring "oh I cant attack now, I have no hope of blowing up that sentry nest or killing that guy."

Attached: 1529490460894.jpg (640x448, 57K)

>OP open TF2 thread with shitting on TF2 rng mechanic
>Nobody :
>user : OW is better than TF2
salty is real

Attached: 12313622_1674071919530784_6060336804382174640_n.jpg (438x405, 17K)

>Catching people off guard by running at soldiers/pyros/heavies as an engi while channelling your inner fat scout and blasting them to shit
It's pretty fun, I've been recently trying to challenge myself by make a pure smg/kukri sniper kit work for maximum enemy confusion

Attached: 1492743101612.png (389x411, 200K)

every gun that doesn't have random crits will become unbalanced as fuck.

Speaking a the Kukri, Sniper needs more melee weapons.
Think about a boomerang. Does half damage, but M2 will throw it and it will arc based upon how long it's held down and where you're looking. The boomerang will go through enemies and come back, and you can catch it. If it hits a wall, is airblasted, etc, it falls to the ground and can be picked up or it will regenerate in 30 seconds.

Makes every encounter a bit of a gamble. On the receiving end it means you can never be 100% certain that you will prevail, but you can definitely better your odds by coordinating with a team.

On the giving end it means that you always have a chance to win no matter how much more powerful your adversary is.

Attached: IMG_20180628_160153.jpg (448x856, 248K)

Does Yea Forums have a server up? Is anyone on?

>two pipes
>three pills
HOW

Had a pretty big server up before, dunno what happened to it.