Deus Ex

Worth playing?

Attached: Deus Ex.jpg (283x351, 16K)

sure, good for teaching anyone that nostalgia is one hell of a drug and most games Yea Forums pretends are good are absolute shit

Just watch a let's play and pretend that you played it like the rest of your cucked generation.

Yes. Play the original with the fixed launcher, otherwise the lighting and brightness are fucked and you won't be able to see anything. GMDX is really good, but play that after because it has a lot of bugs and inconsistencies (there's another mod looking to fix them but many bugs and oversights remain).

Revision is a meme, and the only good things about it were the New York and Paris hubs.

t. someone that didn't even finish the first level.

Is this game even good for a (Human Revolution)Zoomer?

I'm 25 you dumbass.

Absolutely. Worth playing unmodded your first time through other than Deus EXE and the dx10 renderer.
I started with HR and only properly played Deus Ex end to end for the first time a few years ago. It's fine.

If you liked Human Revolution, it's very likely you'll love Deus Ex 1, but the first level might seem like shit to you.

The opening level on Liberty Island is infamous for tainting perception of the game for a number of reasons, mostly because it's sprawling and takes a ton of time just running around and stealth takes some extra effort, and you won't be good weapons at that point.

Power through Liberty Island and by the Hell's Kitchen, the game's quality rises exponentially. Still dated and janky in a charming way but you'll probably love it.

Liberty Island is a double-edged sword. On the one hand it's a terrible opening level for new players, on the other you're playing the 'real' game from pretty much the moment you start.

This, the only good games ever made were 360 shooters made between 2005 and 2009. Everything before is shit for nostalgiafags, everything after is SJW pandering shit for zoomers.

yeah it's fun

p. much.
You have a lot of options from the get-go.

You don't even have to try at the start really, you can bait the unatco security bots into killing most of the NSF for you.

It's a game for anti-capitalists. Basically, if you're a Bernie Sanders supporter, you'll like it.

Dialogue alone is worth the money

But maybe you like Walton Simons, and Bob Page and President Meade aren't such bad people...

A bomb is a bad choice for close range combat.

piss off
Why should anyone listen to you?
I didn't play the game until 2016 you absolute hack.

Bait. Here's your (You).

On replays it's a great way to ease yourself back in but honestly, I played The Nameless Mod first, the zoomer that I am and I think it introduced me to the basics better.

>Just remember, this isn't a training exercise, your targets will be human beings, keep that in mind, J.C.
This game was honest-to-god kino.

Yea ForumsOOMER TRIGGER WARNING, CONTAINS UNDEBATABLE TRUTH:

if you like terrible shooting mechanics, graphics, AI, art design and oh-so-whacky shitty voice acting, sure. Unironically, the only saving grace is the writing, and to a lesser degree the level design, which spins the whole multiple-paths schlick. (Woah dude, you can either blow up the door, pick its lock or hack the control computer! Epic revolutionary gameplay bro!)
You're better off reading a book unless you want writing that's only considered good by the majority of gamers because they've never read a book. (This goes for every other game with "good writing" with the exception of LoK.)
You're better off playing Oblivion if you want gameplay that's better in every possible respect.

tl;dr It's enjoyable at moments for the good plot points and memorable voicelines but overall shit.

Precisely

Sherlock fucking Holmes here

But the NSF are the good guys.

>oblivion
>good gameplay
Dumb late-millennial.

>Deus Ex
>Good gameplay

Jaded boomer, cringe and downvoted

I'm too lazy to accurately dissect your retarded arguement so here's a reaction image

Attached: 1510607154367.png (214x228, 7K)

>the game has bad controls!

95% of people who say this don't understand the game's systems. The skill levles are very literal, if you are untrianed, you're like a child and you can't hit anything. A normal game like Unreal Tournament starts you with effectively Master in every weapon. In DE you need to have high levels to do anything.

Advanced/Master is like god like.

I guarantee you they tried shooting with trained or untrained, can't hit anything and then say the game sucks. Or they're playing on Realistic and try to run/gun and then get shot down.

The only way to get Rifle to Advanced early is to sacrifice EVERYTHING to that. most aren't wroth it. Trinaed/trained is good enough for a start. You don't get good until Hong Kong.

It's probably the best RPG ever made, so yeah

It's pretty fun looking at all the little hints that Paul is feeling super conflicted about his obligations to UNATCO to keep his cover while basically being ordered to help his little brother slaughter his friends.

They also underestimate the effectiveness of what I think Blacklist called 'panther' stealth when they want to go lethal. It's far more effective to do that than to try and play it like a straight shooter when you're playing lethal.

Do it. I played it for the first time in 2017 and loved it.

probably the best game ever made
>worth playing?
yes, you fuck!

Attached: 1503626211492.png (1440x900, 1.1M)

>Playing with original UI scale instead of 2x
You're a braver man than I.

You mean like sneak up on a guy and then kill them? That's how I mostly play.

>Crouch sneak on a guy
>Pop up, sawed off to the back of the head
>move on

Pretty much. Your lethal options, particularly early-game, do much better when you're picking your battles than when you're taking a whole level on at once.

Oh man, I only recently discovered the usefulness of pepper spray, and fire extinguishers:

>Fire extinguisher a whole group of enemies
>they're helpless as a I headshot each of them

Play Thief 1/2 and System Shock 2 before Deus Ex.

Best game ever, so yes.

What a shame.

Absolutely, memes aside the game is pretty good. I'd even dare to say it's the perfect game that should be set as an example of what to strive for.