Due to recent events with cb77, im now in a dire need of cyberpunk media

due to recent events with cb77, im now in a dire need of cyberpunk media.
i have never played any deus ex games, are they good games?
please no spoilerinos

Attached: Adam_MD_bust.png (495x566, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberpunkdatabase.net/games.php
youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4
youtube.com/watch?v=rF09vGckSAc
youtube.com/watch?v=402asYLG_b0
youtube.com/watch?v=cxqNIg2HBa0
youtube.com/watch?v=x1emb3IQZcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>are they good games?
No. None of them are.

The original and Human Revolution are fantastic games.

Mankind Divided kind of sucks, but it has a few cool levels.

First one and MD are great

>MD sucks
why?

It doesn't suck, it just feels like an incomplete game. It's fine if you treat it as an expansion to HR, just don't pay full price for it.

I don't know why the guy said that, but I loved it.
It's not a perfect game though, the main story is very short and boring and the NPCs have zero interactivity, but other than that, it's a pretty decent game, my 2016 goty next to Dishonored 2 and I'd love to see a more fleshed out sequel.

yep.
the original DX is boomer-core but there is a reason it's liked by many, especially on Yea Forums of all places
HR is pretty good.
DXMD is good. It could have been better but it's still a nice experience.

Attached: 1536405402040.jpg (350x400, 42K)

kys stupid tranny bitch

Yes, they are all great games with the exception of Invisible War. Even Mankind Divided is fucking awesome, despite ending abruptly and feeling like a game that ran out of budget halfway through development.

So why exactly didn't MD take off? It was pretty good in my opinion and had plenty interesting quests like the solving of Aug murder

Retards pushing the narrative that the game is "half finished"

>my 2016 goty
Jesus Christ, has it been this long already?

I wouldn't say its half finished but it leaves you with the feel that there should've been more.

>"augment your preorder" gave a negative impression
>when it released people found out it had a cash shop shoved in
>game's plot is pretty boring and poorly paced, game ends before anything interesting happens (hence "half a game" meme)
>MSAA running like shit meant it got memed on for poor optimization
>barely marketed at all

Squeenix killed the game's sales with "Augment your pre-order" shenanigans and locking several achievements behind a ridiculously grindy pay-to-win micro-transactions ridden game mode. It was one the few consumer revolts in the industry that actually worked, but in the process almost but entirely killed any perspective of a sequel.

>greedy microtransactions that caused such an outcry that the game was delayed to make them less bullshit
>bullshit preorder bonuses for different stores that you could only use on one save file
>game uses a retarded core theme of "RAAAACISM... but against robot people and not niggers!!!"
It was ultimately just a worse HR that took more steps back than forward and this didn't sit well with the Dude Sex audience.

>>game uses a retarded core theme of "RAAAACISM
It isn't.

Square went in hard with the microtransactions. You can beat the game without using that shit but it's all over the game and basically just shives it in your face. I really like MD and HR and I just finished another MD playthrough but I will say it's nothing special. I think I got the base game and all the DLC for like $5-10 and that feels like a good price for what you get. It's really short and the map is tiny. As always it's fun to play as Jensen but it's a bit underwhelming for a sequel. The DLCs are good, I like the prison one (and I think it's the longest). Definitely the most unique of them all and I love being thrown in to tough situations with minimal gear.

It did some things right and is a fun game, you just will probably want more than what you got. Also no Malik but you do get a qt in TF29 headquarters that you can check in with from time to time.

>It's really short and the map is tiny
It's about the same length as HR, and prague is literally the biggest hub in the entire series

>no Malik
It hurts, at least I she's presumably fine

Attached: deus-ex-md-easter-egg-faridah-malik.jpg (800x450, 51K)

Human Revolution was pretty great though the last level was whatever.
MD was okay, but their blatantly scummy business tactics with microtransactions in a dumb tacked mode and some heavy handed messaging turned me off.
Plus my always stealth run got fucked up and I couldn't figure out why

It was extremely heavy handed

pls talk about other cyberpunk games i need to know

>Human Revolution
>fantastic

Attached: 1214213760046.jpg (247x248, 17K)

System Shock 1/2 are always good picks for Cyberpunk games

Yeah it is. The way augs get treated in Prague is full retard even if you account for people being on edge over the Panchea incident.
And they stuck as many oppression themes to it as they could
>discrimination like against blacks
>in ghettos like jews

There's a reason that the original Deus Ex, despite looking like shit even by 2000 standards, is considered one of the greatest games of all time. Infinity War was consolized trash, but playing the Squeenix sequels made me appreciate IW more.

Blade runner point'n'click game, it's breddy gud

Yeah its p good series. Play the original game first

Attached: DeusExTier.png (1080x844, 572K)

maybe the first half

cyberpunkdatabase.net/games.php

Prague is big and the side missions are pretty fun, but the main mission areas are really small. The first one in the old hotel in Dubai is probably the biggest level of the game, and the rest are over before you know it. Maybe Prague itself is technically bigger than other hub worlds but when you actually go on to the story missions there's not much to see. The part where you get the data disk thing from the station can be completed in like 5 minutes.
I don't mean for that point to be a big complaint, I do like the game I just though it was a bit short and when you are advancing the story, the locations you go to feel small. Maybe it comes with replaying the levels and knowing what to do, I don't know.
It's a good game, I'd recommend it to someone that liked HR. I wouldn't pay full price for it though.

>spoilerinos
kill yourself you fucking manchild

>im now in a dire need of cyberpunk media
Check out:
Dex
Seven: The Days Long Gone
Satellite Reign
the three Shadowrun games by Harebrained
Gemini Rue

seething

>Deus EX GO
huh, didn't know they made one of those. Is it any good?

Breach is awful but the OST is great.

Deus Ex 1 and HR are fucking kino, MD could've been good but they wanted to jew everyone out of more money so it just leaves you flaccid and blue-balled.

Play DX: Human Revolution, standard edition. The Missing Link DLC that's mandatory with the director's cut is pretty boring, serves no reason to further the game plot, and makes it feel like the game is overly long. Play Mankind Divided if:

>you want the most interesting characters in the previous game replaced by diversity quotas
>you're white and like being lecture to on why you are the problem with the world
>you like sequels that are worse than the source material

I tried replaying HR recently but something about the characters turned me off badly. i think the animation aged really badly or something?

>you like sequels that are worse than the source material
Is that also why you're recommending HR?

The animations didn't age badly, they were bad when the game came out. The voice acting was exceptionally good though.

KNIFEHANDS

point 1 and 2 are the same complaint about niggers
point 3 is lol because HR is worse than DX

The original is good but sorely dated, being launched in 2000. You should look into installing a third party renderer that plays nice with modern hardware.
And you're weak as shit at the beginning. You can't hide the broad side of a barn at the beginning unless you sit still for 10 seconds, but that gets better as you raise skills and find weapon mods.
Cyberpunk elements are also fairly tame, especially compared to human revolution.

Human revolution has great environmental detail and refined mechanics but falls a little bit short in a lot of areas compared to the original. Worse story, less details in interactions with characters, RPG mechanics try to push you into being a stealthy pacifist that hacks everything for the entire game by giving you more rewards for it.
It's cyberpunk as fuck though.

Never played IW or MD.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAM

Attached: Sarif-bustshot.png (804x863, 389K)

ADAM IS FUCKING DEAD

Friendly reminder that the purple haired cunts and s o i b o i s canned the most Deus Ex voice actor in the entire franchise and Mankind Divided sucked even more for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4

Fun puzzle game, none of the puzzles get very indepth except for a few at the end.

That's because Sarif in MD is a clone and not the real deal retard

Are you okay user?

the original game and the prequels are amazing. invisible war kind of sucks but it isn't really that bad, like it is about on par with vampire the masquerade: bloodlines

Are you implying that vtm:b sucks?

V:tM-B is half of an amazing game stapled to half of a really terrible one.

That's a hyperbole, the only part that really sucked were the sewers IIRC

The game is blatantly part 1 of a multipart game. If part 2 ever comes out then maybe it's redeemed.

say what you want about the level design in invisible war but there isn't anything in the game as terrible and lazy as some of the levels in VTMB

Everything from the sewers onward was terrible. And before the sewers, you had that bullshit graveyard mission with the zombies.

The animations were always janky. I remember playing it for the first time and being disgusted with the way that Pritchard moves in the elevator in the opening

>did I interupt something jensen?
>YOU DON'T FIX AN ENTIRE FIREWALL

What the fuck was Pritchard's problem?

God I love Pritchard so much, their banter and the way their relationship evolves is great.

yeah it's a shame, guess ill never get around to my no kill round, but atleast im enjoying mankind divided now even if mostly for its level design

tsundere for adam

He was cybersecurity and probably felt a bit butthurt about physical security getting more cred for stuff. Also I think Adam getting hired through nepotism made him kinda dislike him in general.

>writes a story about a super hacker and tries to get it published
>publisher wants to make it about a an ex-cop

He was very well written. You don't realize how much you've grown to like him until Singapore.

>The Missing Link DLC that's mandatory with the director's cut is pretty boring, serves no reason to further the game plot, and makes it feel like the game is overly long.

I disagree. It keeps the player from getting complacent, expands on some of the Panchea stuff, has the best boss fight of the game and adds a little more action to the back half of the game

And it's ex-SWAT, FYI.

The only "bad" thing the intergration of Missing Link does is that you end up super overpowered after it since you get all your stuff and praxis back meaning you're almost completely maxed at that point if you know what you're doing.

You'd be surprised.

Deus ex is shit but has great non linearity, dialogue and world building
HR is good but nothing special.
MD is great but the side characters are weaker than HR.
We don't talk about IW

Take care of yourself.
False. It gives you just enough praxis back to put you where you were before starting it.

>Deus ex is shit

Attached: 1407189414973.png (207x239, 22K)

It was true at the time, it's even more true now. Deus ex never had good gameplay.
Goat ost
Great voice acting
Great characters
Amazing world building
Great non linearity
Great writing overall

But that's it. You might say that's enough to make a good game, but I need that gameplay.

>not the snickers version

Pre order dlc treated like fundraising controversy, current political extremes in media, weak main story and no interesting political conspiracy theories, instead a uneccessarily drawn out character ark for Adam Jensen. Also needed more content to support the single hub.

I honestly don't know if I want another DX game at this point. The fucking art director left, what are they gonna do with that? It'll just feel way off.

Attached: ab.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

Funny how people recommend the original game... It was great 20 years ago.
it's fucking unplayable nowadays , stop your bullshit.

That's actually cool because then your raid on Singapore feels like Jensen on a rampage

>Great voice acting

>great voice acting

Attached: 1555146415537.jpg (493x311, 65K)

It is. Probably unintentionally so though. The voices give the game a humorous vibe that I love. I think the va were just not very good but the end result is hilarious and I love it for it.

Aug murder and the sewer cult are my highlights for side quests. Just wish I could dick around with experimental augs more since I can sweep a room pretty quickly with a few gadgets.

Attached: 14309.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

Attached: 10s.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>HR Director's Cut above vanilla
Nope.

he would probably come back if asked to do another deus ex game

*smacks lips*

I didnt experience any bugs, piss filter was bad art design. DLC was good enough that I didn't care about losing items. Non-stealth boss addition clears were a good addition.

Was there really any reason not to have Malik? If Sarif went under then it's not unbelievable for friends to find a job in the same company, and Jensen could have recommended her to Interpol.

Instead we get some literally who SA pilot.

Mankind divided is incredibly bland and for some reason its like 90gb
Human revolutions is pretty cool though

>incredibly bland
the environments are amazing to explore and the level design is a lot better than human revolution

>Non-stealth boss addition clears were a good addition.
That is the only worthwhile addition even though it was handled sloppily. I thought the yellow filter was a nice touch since no other game looks like HR. Otherwise they downgraded the lighting a bit and some textures wonked out.

I've been playing through MD as a birthday gift, and I'm really liking it. It's reminding me of how much I love HR and the original.

Where is Project Snowblind.

Also superb sidequests. In comparison with HR, it's really outstanding how they improved in this aspect.

you forgot
>wasting resources on that mp mode nobody asked for

Sad that the main plot is such boring shit while the sidequests (which have multiple parts throughout the game) were so much better.

>>>game uses a retarded core theme of "RAAAACISM
>It isn't.
What was "Aug lives matter" then?
The themes were completely overdone.

>all these cyberpunk entryism threads now that 2077 is on the radar because of Keanu

please kill me senpai

Attached: 1553458196987.gif (500x324, 2.49M)

Cyberk is for trannies

Well, Keanu has his part in cyberpunk genre.
But yeah, probably appear of Gosling would be better for you. But i don't mind it, and i recommend to do the same.

Attached: 1558284411129.jpg (756x426, 28K)

Deus Ex is a 10/10 game and remains the absolute benchmark for all cyberpunk games. It's a game that needs zero defending if you can get past its clunky initial mechanics. I'd also recommend taking a look at Threadbareinc's videos on Youtube if you find the exposition too heavy; he does a great job spelling it out.
I avoided Invisible War after taking one look at the UI and the premise (all the DX1 endings are canon) so I can't say anything about it.
DXHR is a solid 9/10 game until its final act in which it absolutely walks over itself and is obviously unfinished. People cry about the piss filter but DXHR honestly has some of the greatest aesthetic direction you'll ever see. It's got a cohesive atmosphere expressed through an audiovisual style that's married really closely to its narrative. The gold color scheme and the female choir paired with deep synth notes subsconsciously 100% sells you on the point that the entire game tries to make: the augmentation renaissance aren't the end of humanity, but they make it easier to see. It's on us to decide where we want to go with it. Overall 8/10 game. It still definitely deserves to be played and remains the benchmark for modern cyberpunk games.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1024x576, 128K)

need a deus ex with better writers

It was also my favorite 2016 game

DXMD is half of a 10/10 game and is criminally underappreciated by the DX community. The game's main plot is transparently half finished and if you're paying attention to some choice storytelling details it completely leaves some enormous plot threads dangling. However, the side mission design is phenomenal and the game is still worth about 20+ hours if you decide to do them all.
However the most important thing that DXMD excels at is its aesthetic. This is a cyberpunk atmosphere done in a way that makes 95% of post-Blade Runner cyberpunk look like school projects including DXHR. We're not talking about one color scheme and aesthetic but a multitude of them, each blending into one another with their own story significance. Look at how the golden color scheme and choir of DXHR slowly seeps back in as you enter more aug-infested areas of Prague. Look at the intersection of cool blueish colors and illogically brutalist architecture as you walk by corporate buildings and areas masking their weaponized prejudice. And look at the ambiguous gray cynicism drenching the main hub world of Prague. You can literally just walk through Mankind Divided, not listening to a single bit of dialogue, and understand what the story is going for- a world where justified prejudice has resulted in atrocities and corporations have exacerbated all sides of the coin. The end of humanity isn't here, but our renaissance is dead.
This game is one of the best and most frustrating gaming experiences I've had in my life as a cyberpunk fan. I can't lie to you and say that it deserves more than a 7/10 given the unfinished state of its main plot, but I want you to know that it's a 7/10 fielding lots and lots of 10/10 elements inside of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=rF09vGckSAc
youtube.com/watch?v=402asYLG_b0
youtube.com/watch?v=cxqNIg2HBa0

Attached: latest[1].png (1633x1079, 2.88M)

I'm not sure why you'd like HR but not MD, they're pretty much carbon copies.

Adam the fruitflies are drones

Attached: fZzUZiG5uzzKDvy5oyKKmX-650-80[1].jpg (569x1600, 580K)

Say what you will about MD as a whole, but the soundtrack is fantastic

youtube.com/watch?v=x1emb3IQZcQ

>tfw no more deus ex in another few more years

Attached: jensen 2.jpg (319x401, 11K)