What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 69K)

>tranny
what kind of game title is that

It would've been good if it was finished. As it stands, the game's 1/3 as good as it could've been.

A resounding "meh."

setting 10/10, rest of the game 6/10

A couple of good characters and an interesting premise that goes nowhere. Game is actually unfinished.
Better than Pillars 1 at least. No idea about 2.

>Better than Pillars 1 at least
not really

Not a bad game. Setting is cool and kinda original, but Obsidian was Obsidian again so the game is 6/10 max

Wanted to know as well since it's on that xbox game pass.
Though there's enough other games that I might not get around to it.

wasted potential: the game

bumping

Agree with everone else. An absolutely mediocre game with some really good moments.

I thought it was awesome. A lot of reading at times which brought it down a bit for me.

Setting was good, companions were a mixed bag Sirin best girl, and the magic system was fun. The story is just way too short and it kind of sucks that there will never be a sequel.

yes really

Nobody ever talks about it, so I'd assume it's trash. Even worse than Pillars or Wasteland 2.

Still, somebody gifted it to me because I like CRPG's so I'll have to sit through it someday just because.

The concept is extremely solid, its execution is lacking. Not flawed exactly, it just doesn't take its own premise very far. On top of mechanics that hadn't been hammered out fully, it turned it into an okay game, but it's too painful to play because it had every opportunity to be better.

Attached: 5188e9cd133362e349708cd3c859a6d2.gif (128x128, 23K)

Based dyslexic user.

Please explain to me both the main twist and the main "theme" of the game. I'm kind of retarded, so I didn't fully grasp it. So, do the protagonist and Kyros both get power from peoples' beliefs or something? And why can the protagonist use the nuclear weapon edicts without dying?

Kind of inadequate. It's meant to be a game about serving the evil empire in a world where it's already won, instead you get the rug pulled out from under you with 'lmao, you're actually a rival to the BBEG (not an actual threat mind you, but enough to be your own faction for the moment)' with a sprinkling of 'No look, see, you're working for her no matter what since she needs a rival. :3c' mixed in.

Shit, I've run better tabletop games about the theme before. I've seen it done better, with a lower budget and more come from it.

the game is pretty good but just ends out of nowhere. 100x worse than human revolution

Its flawed, but still a pretty good game.

fuck i meant mankind divided. Im retarded

Resetera's favorite game.

I played it thinking I was gonna be a super villain or something along those lines, when it wasn't the case I kinda lost interest

\thread

Watch your tongue, user. I was about to explode your head over the internet.

Obsidian went to shit

It's not bad. As long as you're not prejudiced against Obsidian and you like fantasy crpg, you'll have fun.

better than pillars, pretty good game overall, but tainted by annoying lesbianism.

Do you think paradox will ever make another Tyranny game?

shame there wasn't an option to remove her helmet
at which point she promptly mind controls you and all your followers for a game over

Not after new Vampire flops

Unironically really good but clearly unfinished. Ends right before a massive climactic battle. Choosing between the terrible factions was neat until you can just bend them to your will anyways so it barely mattered.

Sirin rejected me. 5/10 meh game.

The fact that people can be afraid of you and act accordingly is a nice change. The last CRPG I replayed was P:Kingmaker, and it has WAY too many retarded moments when some literally whos act sassy when they're clearly outmatched by the protagonist and his party, which is a definite sign of bad writing.

agreed.

I would have liked that option and didn't seem it would have taken that much work to implement.
Another thing that was cut because of rushed development I guess.

The ideas and setting were interesting

But I could not stand any of the writing at all. Plus being the "bad guy" and "doing bad things" is pretty much a lie.

Attached: Kills-in-Shadow.jpg (600x600, 73K)

>Setting was good
Nigga please. They did nothing interesting with it. It was squarely set in the bandwidth of 'slightly quirky but still safe' fantasy settings.
>We have two factions! One lawful and organized! One chaotic and rabblish!
No; never?
>Oooh! How about this! Our powerful god-mage types walk amongst humanity!
Black Company wants its IP back.
>The villain has won!
You mean the villain just won and the story is mainly about the conflict still ongoing, so the villain hasn't won because there are people resisting.

It's fucking painfully derivative.

Kek’d

This game is surprisingly demanding, my notebook can't run it well even though the graphics are terrible.

I would torment my allies and literally kill everyone.

I don't know how you could be eviler.