How is doom on the Switch? Does it run well?

How is doom on the Switch? Does it run well?

Attached: switch.jpg (1200x791, 74K)

Go to your local library and try it out for free do we need to do everything for you?

Inferior to all the other versions in FPS, and resolution.

B-b-b-b-but on the go!

Yes, don't expect it to run as well as the other versions (mainly cause it's 30 fps), but especially after all the patches, it runs amazingly well for the hardware it's on.

its fine. Runs best docked. but you can get it cheaper on every other platform. Like I've seen Steam sell it for $10 and I wouldn't be surprised if it hits that price again during the summer sale what with Eternal coming in November.

Attached: dante.jpg (457x396, 18K)

It's passable if you want to just play Doom on the go. But if you want to play it at home, get it on a different platform.

it has the highest pixel density in a normal field of view when in handheld compared to PS4/Xbone/PC
but the 30 fps sucks

It plays great. Not sure how it was pre-patches, but I recently played and beat it and had a great time. Resolution didn't bother me in the slightest and the framerate seemed very stable around 30fps.

Also the gyro controls make it the best controlling console version.

Runs at 30fps just like the other console versionsinb4 ps4pro/xbonex graphics took a hit but not horrible. you’re playing doom 2016 on a switch, you know what you’re signing up for.

Yes

Patches significantly stabilized the framerate in some of the bigger outside areas.

>mainly cause it's 30 fps
Even after all the patching it still runs on average at sub 30. Average fps is 27

30 fps would be an improvement.

I DONT KNOW THEY NEVER RELEASED IT ONLY THE 2016 VERSION WHICH IS NICE BUT I WANT THE ORIGINALS

Isn't the original a mini game in this?

Docket runs fine.

no its just the levels in the new engine i want the full game preferably with gyroaiming
>but thats not possible
a hacky phone version did it no excuses

but the base ps4 runs doom 2016 at 60 fps

30fps with drops, especially on later stages.

>being a furry

Every other console version of DOOM runs at 60fps and a substantially higher resolution.

my PC runs it on ultra at 144 FPS
my switch rui9ns it on the go and has decent aiming
why i need the PS4 version?

Who seriously has libraries like this.

We have movie, but not games

clearly the pc version is the best but the ps4 version of doom is leagues beyond most console ports in terms of performance. it's a perfectly serviceable way to play the game
the switch version can't even hit half the framerate and it doesn't run at native res either

Library have video games now?

Played fine for me

>switch version can into gyroaim
>switch version can be played at work/library/bus
>ps4 version is stuck at home with shitty stick aiming only

Inferior to every other version by a mile.
Only worth it if you're impoverished and have to ride public transportation or if you're a college child with big holes in your day to day schedule between classes.

Its an okay port but its overpriced as shit

Attached: 1560477768865.jpg (1192x976, 78K)

its on sale

How much is it? I've seen the PC/PS4 versions go for 5-10 britbongs

stick aiming works fine in this game. it works fine in the original doom too. quake and half life this ain't. 3x fps is way more important to playability than muh gyroaim and muh 2 hrs portable in a game with this kind of speed

Even on sale it's like 4x what I bought it for on pc.

eh just 30 on the eshop

For what it is, it plays amazingly well. It's still objectively the worst version of Doom, but it's a surprisingly solid port.

you dont understand what im saying her the ps4 version has absolutely 0 value to me it would be literally playing a worse version of what i can play on my PC thew switch version can be played anywhere where i cant drag my desktop so it has value to me

>£23

Really hard to justify it unless you REALLY loved Doom 2016 and want a portable version of it, I would suggest picking the other versions over it if its your first time playing

It runs like ass, but you own a Switch, that means you will eat whatever shit is available, so go ahead.

Yeah, mine has a 3d printer and CAD software on their computers to make shit, too. I figured this is just what libraries do to stay relevant now.

GZDoom has been on hacked switches for a month

jesus christ why does it take this to get this answer?
i will now hack my switch NOT for piracy but to pp=lay doom fuck pirates

Why is this not a valid reason to prefer it? I'm at work all weekend and there really isn't anything to do, without the switch I would be bored as fuck.

they are salty you wont buy their PS4 trash

I'm working 14 hours per day, just sitting and monitoring a fuel delivery system. Without the switch I don't know what I would do.

god speed bro are you plugged in or battery bank and if battery bank what one?

Wtf man, this shit sounds dangerous and you're playing games

Attached: 1536593918059.jpg (753x1024, 175K)

>implying they would deploy a system this inherently dangerous and have someone sit right next to its blow up point

can somebody post the spongebob ports meme? I need it for reasons

>my PC runs it on ultra at 144 FPS
If you have it on PC and run it at ultra, why the fuck would you buy the Switch version?

so i can play it at work
whats so hard about this? jesus

Attached: Capture.png (569x145, 164K)

I never figured out how to play Doom
It's like I just keep taking damage because other enemies keep throwing shit at me
If I start running around I can slowly gun everything down... Except when it's some flying enemy that is very hard to hit when you're aiming with a controller

Its fuel delivery as in I watch a wall mounted computer and make sure our fuel levels are correct. If not I order fuel. Nothing dangerous.

I own the business

Nah I have an extra charger and an outlet here

Owning a business is even worse wagecuckery than being an employee. The only way to truly be free is to be a neet.

It runs fine and it controls great thanks to the gyros.

What an embarrassing post

I don't think they even release old Dooms on the other consoles. Did they?

If you want to hack it you can use Atmosphere or TXOS. TXOS is the paid piracy firmware but it's free if you're only using homebrew which you seem to only want.

GZDoom runs great for vanilla stuff at about 540p. 720p you'll get ranges from 40-60fps

Attached: 2019050716363300-051F2E17E4EB124107ADFF00712F68EA-1.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

why not get a laptop?

He's right though about owning a company being even more restricting than being a wagecuck

This.

PC and Switch are the only relevant versions. Other versions offer NOTHING over those.

In handheld mode it looks like a blurry mess that runs around 26-30fps depending on what’s going on. Unless you really need a mobile version don’t get it.

>The only way to live an independent and fulfilling life is to live a minimal existence on government support and invest solely in escapist media.

wew lad

i got to the bfg stage on switch before the resolution gave me a headache and i stopped. picked it up on steam sale and beat it that way