Xenoblade thread

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

Attached: 30FEB6A0-607A-49BB-B44F-55A0B84B7495.jpg (202x228, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6xQyJlt7EE
youtube.com/watch?v=l2z2UPSQdn0
youtube.com/watch?v=gQnY7L8ucCk
youtube.com/watch?v=VsOsilNOmD4&t=4m22s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDKeFgmXcg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7pU5Hq4mE
strawpoll.com/9z5h21y2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AGAINST THE ODDS

WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT

Attached: 1548971169238.png (463x750, 295K)

人の世に!

生まれし頃より!

戦道ぃ!

Why do people rip on XBC1's story so much now. Sure 2's is better from chapter 7 onwards, but on the whole I definitely prefer 1's

What I like about XC2’s plot a lot more than XC1’s is that there are no “big” twists in it.

What? I think 2 goes much bigger with its twists

Why did Takahashi make healers so worthless in xenoblade?

Gosh I love xenoblade 1. Favorite game of all time.

It's just the standard 'my game is better than yours!' stuff, where they feel they need to tear XB1 down as much as possible to defend their point.
I wasn't that big of a fan of XB1's story by the end of it, since it felt like it squandered its start and general premise a bit by turning into standard JRPG stuff but it's entertaining and presented very well.
XB2's story had a few great highlights that made me look back on it more fondly than 1, but it also had a bunch of really awful parts to match.

>2's is better from chapter 7 onwards
Are you fucking retarded.

In my eyes, XBC1 is just a really solid execution of extremely common shonen tropes. 2 has some great shit hen it gets original but the cliches it pulls ("P-Pervert!", "I love you and all you guys) are about the worst examples of said cliches.

Why is it so fucking hard to please people? I get ripped on if I don't praise 2's story enough, and apparently now I can't praise it at all.

Honestly I just think the World Tree reveal is way better handled than the Zanza twist

>In my eyes, XBC1 is just a really solid execution of extremely common shonen tropes. 2 has some great shit hen it gets original but the cliches it pulls ("P-Pervert!", "I love you and all you guys) are about the worst examples of said cliches.
Yeah, I feel that way too.
I know Takahashi said he wanted he wanted to make a lighthearted game like the kind of stuff he grew up with, and in some parts I can appreciate that, it gets really grating fast and a good amount of it feels really awkwardly shoehorned in. (Like the anime expressions and effects that show up a bunch in chapter 2 and then virtually disappear.)

That's my only problem with the story. The Zanza shit confuses me. If he was in side Shulk, then who was the giant? What is the greater purpose of Shulk freeing him?

>same thread again
C'mon OP, try harder. I mean, HELLO? IS THINK ON? IS THERE ANYONE THERE? I NEED A BIGGER GUN

Nia is good as shit in 2, what are you talking about?

I think 2 has the better story and characters, but 1 gets a lot of points because the writing and pacing are so much better. Anons on here do give 1's story too much shit, but at the same time I think it was better when it was just about holocausting the mechon.

These are the worst type of posters, and when it comes to Xenoblade there's a crowd for every entry
>XB1
Smashfags who have never played another Xeno game in their life and praise XB1 because muh Smash and bash the other games without playing them
>XBX
Wii U owners who are salty they spent $250 for a console with 2 games and act like the games it did get are masterpieces since nobody else has played them to disprove them
>XB2
Waifufags who only played the game because of Pyra or Nia and act like the story is on par with earlier Xenogames despite only reading the Wikipedia summaries and seeing that they have similar ideas

Who in their right mind would ever think XBC2 has a good story?
The plot is completely one-dimensional, Malus is a shit tier villain and Rex an even worse protagonist
>his entire character arc revolves around which of the two hot busty chicks he wants to bone more
>gets both at the end anyway
>his greatest struggle is overcome by turning into a green power ranger
>power of love and friendship is LITERALLY the driving force for this shonen trash

>final boss fight is underwhelming at best
>never actually get to play as a giant robot even though the previous game had it (>muh XCX isnt a direct sequel)
>forgiveness for the genocidal maniac Malos instead of spitting on his grave because he was just misunderstood

>edgy white hair samurai guy gets redemption arc even though he also just murders people because he can't get past his lover dying
>shitty sacrifice death

>cute cat girl gets completely shafted in an attempt to recapture the greatness that was Melias character arc
>muh shonen "confession was misunderstood" trope
>cat girl is actually 1000 year old spirit loli weapon

>completely demolish an enemy in a fight
>lose in the cutscene afterwards
This happens like 5-6 times in this game
Overall this story is a travesty, there are practically zero hype moments so the cool mech anime factor doesn't come into play (I like the setpiece with the walking islands all coming together near the end, that was neat-o)

It's like a lesser version of XC1 in every regard, worse girls, worse companions, worse protagonist, worse antagonist
I went into this game expecting to LOVE it, what a shame

Attached: 1515339575797.png (791x525, 343K)

To encourage players to git gud and avoid pitfalls and crutches that slow the game down.

It's frustrating because the serious stuff 2 tries to do is super solid and interesting yet so much opportunity for world building and character development is wasted on gags

>worse girls
Now, that's going too far

I meant the main cast ones, not your collectibles, in case that was the offending quality
The only decent one in the game is the prince's blade and the army outfit tomboy but they're still poorly done

But I have tons of fun using Nia

Attached: 74750290_p0.png (1925x1516, 2.56M)

Fuck that
Give me back my chad healers

Attached: 1560607563572.jpg (937x979, 191K)

I'm curious about 2. How does this Driver and Blade thing work? By holding the sword you can use the girl's powers?

The chapter in Mor Ardain focusing almost entirely on Nopon maid robot stuff instead of anything related to the country itself was easily the most irritating part of the game for me.
The sidequests were similar - there's so many things about the world that could've been explored better, but the vast majority of quests choose to focus on inane shit like collecting plants for some fujo's book, or helping a lady repair her oven, and the interesting stuff (like the militia quest in Torigoth, or the questline in Mor Ardain that starts with the hot springs murder) is few and far between.

At this point I just feel like intense disappointment in parts of the games is something that's going to be a part of all of my experiences with Xenoblade, but man. It sucks.

X 2 when
Blade 3 when
X port when
Blade 1 port when
Malosblade when

Attached: 2meSEXs.png (720x1193, 374K)

thanks doc

It's like Guild Wars 2 where what kind of weapon you use decides which skills you have

Nia was great, she made you immortal not chad though

I mean storywise

The Heart2Hearts are guilty of a lot of the same sort of stuff. I can't think of a single one that built on the characters in a really meaningful way, or some are wasted on the characters standing around asking questions about the plot that might have already been answered

Its because monolith use different writers for different part of the game due to a lot of the staff working on zelda and time restraint, hopefully quality control increases due monolith expanding

Something something magical crystal that attunes to the driver and they basically spawn as a person with a weapon
You're channeling their power basically

Drivers have to use core crystals to make the blade live. Blades can use their own weapons but sometime in the past they started letting the driver use the weapon instead. If a driver dies, the blade goes back into the core crystal and loses all their memories. They can be reactivated later but they won’t have their memories.

I don't know why Sharp Shitter Sharla gave me so much trouble. I come so close to defeating Gonzales and suddenly she falls to her death.

It's...complicated.
There are these little blue rocks called core crystals - if a person touches one, they either get super fucked up (possibly dying) or they 'resonate' with it, and it turns into a Blade - an almost immortal creature (will regenerate from any damage as long as the crystal in its chest isn't damaged) that comes with a weapon. The majority we see in the game are pretty humanoid, but they can also look like weird robot looking things or animals.
The person who awakened the Blade is its Driver. When the Driver dies, the Blade returns to a core state and loses all of its memories.
A Blade can technically just fight on its own using its weapon, but having the Driver fight using the weapon and then pass it back to the Blade for special attacks is stronger due to ether bullshit, or something, and that's why most of the Blades in the game just spend most of the time standing in the background while the player fights using their weapon.

Were the writers retarded when they made Citan's character or is he just the biggest asshole in vidya?

There's one in Torigoth with Rex and Zeke that I felt expanded on Zeke's character pretty well, but yeah. The majority end up being lame jokes or exposition.

Because 1's starts strong and gets progressively weaker, whereas 2's starts weak and gets progressively stronger.

I love these so much

Attached: 1520485145823.jpg (480x499, 56K)

They used different writers for the script, but the overall plot was still Takahashi.
I've seen people rush to blame Yuichiro Takeda for the shitty parts, because he wrote the even chapters and said 4 was his favorite because of all the nopon stuff, but in the end I think it's still important to remember that he's just working off of what he was given.

It sucks because there are so many obvious ones I can think of. I'd like to see one of Nia talking about how it feels to fight as both a Driver and a Blade for instance. I do now remember really liking the one about Brighid and Poppi talking about keeping a journal though

The only thing I actively dislike in 1's is that the Mechonis went on a bit too long. Sympathetic villains are a tad overrated. It's fun to just have an irredeemable asshole to beat the shit out of with choirs and rock music blaring in the background

youtube.com/watch?v=v6xQyJlt7EE
youtube.com/watch?v=l2z2UPSQdn0

Attached: The Chad God Slayer vs the Virgin Aegis Driver.png (1250x360, 706K)

4 was bad but not for the Nopon stuff

>Malosblade when
What would it even be about?

>youtube.com/watch?v=gQnY7L8ucCk starts playing
>you know shit is about to go down
Above all else the music in this game is probably the greatest takeaway, something for the ages

I don't know but i am sure Takahashi autism could make it

Xenoblade 1 has arguably the most raw testosterone of any game I've ever played. It maybe be nothing but shonen cliches but it plays just about every single one to perfection or maximum hype

I don't know. I could not get past Gadolt without using Sharla. She was largely unused outside of that though.

>mfw I beat Gadolt without Sharla and Lorithia without Melia
Fuck your character drama

Attached: 1543476966983.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Made me feel like I was playing a video game version of Gurren Lagann (spiritually), I always loved the sheer anime-ness of the game
All the cutscenes look so smooth and nicely animated too (at least those I remember), obviously disregarding the objectively poor graphics quality

Typically it's just people wanting Xenoblade 2 but with Malos and Mythra's roles swapped.

Malos would suck as a hero and Mythra would suck as a villain

good effort

Malos also sucks as a villain and mythra also sucks as a heroine

Attached: hatefun.jpg (800x450, 46K)

Thanks, I write these to get my thoughts out into the open rather than to have meaningful discussions on Yea Forums but it still feels good to get some (You)s

C'mon user i like malos i think he is great, his deliverys are always on point, he is an incredibly interesting concept and he always steals the shows every time he is onscreen but he is not a good villain. He is simply to incompetent, every time we fight him he loses, he is always hiding behind torna like a little kid, and i just can't take him seriously. Malos is simply to weak for his own good

>He is simply to incompetent, every time we fight him he loses, he is always hiding behind torna like a little kid, and i just can't take him seriously. Malos is simply to weak for his own good
That's part of the point of his character. He's weak because he doesn't have a driver

I didn't say he is good character, i like him but i didn't feel satisfaction when i kill him, i just pity him

*i didn't say he is a bad character

>he didn't main Melia from the second she joined the party
Shameful. She's so fun to play as.
Eh, I disagree. I definitely prefer things the way they are now, but Torna showed that Mythra was a pretty huge dick at the beginning, if they went all in on that I think she could be pretty entertaining as a villain. Similarly for Malos, it's not hard to see how the camaraderie he has with Torna could translate to a more heroic role.
I would never want it as a replacement for the game we got, but it's a fun 'what if' scenario to think about, and it's not too hard to understand why people would want it as a DLC or something.

>Shulk climbs 20 foot robots and stabs them in the face and dances around vissions
>Dunban has super-shonen hype on tap
>Melia attacks bosses before the fight actually starts
>Fiora: Pic related

I am trying to recall Riki, Reyn, and Sharla's best moments, haven't played the game again since it came out.

Attached: tumblr_m8xp3xNATX1qe7a1xo1_500.gif (500x273, 652K)

Not combat, but Riki's best moment for me was that campfire scene on the Fallen Arm with the music box remix of his theme.

That's also the point but I never outright hated fighting him like the other Torna members

I was feeling the power of the Monado too much and Melia's useless on AI

I like how Torna highlighted the innate similarities between Mythra and Malos but Mythra comes across as petty and whiny unlike Malos

No, those three get put on the backburner for the story. 2 is good for letting everyone have their moment except Dromarch. Poor guy. Even his own driver is better off fighting without him

He's enlightened to the fact nobody likes playing healer except for the most beta of faggots and there's nothing better than a team composed solely of DPS and Tank Chads.

>He's enlightened to the fact nobody likes playing healer except for the most beta of faggots
But Xeno 2 is the first game to ever compel me to play as the healer

Why is Shulk voice so based

>justifying dumbing down your game significantly with muh virgin chad beta faggot

Attached: 1560614966744.png (558x614, 32K)

Yeah, that moment with Dunban was pretty great. Daddypon is just trying his best.

>THIS IS THE MONADO POWER
>CLEAR US A PATH, TO THE FUTURE.

Are you one of "those" people who dropped playing Shulk and started playing Dunban once he was available to be used? I heard something like he's an optimal choice because he's a great dodge tank when the player uses him and has really good dps.

You dumo reyn or carla retard

>Riki
Aside from his introduction, never really gets a solid moment for himself, but he does well in a supporting role most of the time.
>Reyn
Saving Otharon.
>Sharla
The part when she told Xord she was going to scrap all the mechon was pretty badass, I guess. I didn't really like her much.

>tfw i am but I had to keep Shulk in my party out of guilt because I can't stand not having the actual MC with me at all times because autism
He is the most fun to play with IMO and playing dps tank is good anyhow for a vanilla party and I just like his weapon the most

That is probably Riki's finest, the one time he can be the laid back nigh middle-aged Nopon rather than the screechy mascot.

>Reyn nabbing Otharon
RIGHT

I thought Sharla shot somebody else one time. Maybe not.

Which makes me feel silly because I never bothered to figure out how much evasion you needed to make use of it.

Attached: Old People.jpg (1000x544, 553K)

>Reyn
Saving Shulk with the monado shield, bringing home the point of how much a bros they are and they can change the future.

Gameplay-wise, the Blade stands behind the Driver and assists it with Blade Arts that are buffs like Art Recharge Up, Crit Up, Precision Up, etc. Meanwhile, the Driver uses Driver Arts (those are the attacks you personally have control over and recharge by auto-attacking), which can have a variety of effects depending on the Driver and weapon type.

By using Arts, the Driver expels Ether energy which is accumulated by its Blade to power up powerful Special Attacks. Once enough energy is accumulated, the Driver gives the Blade back its weapon and it executes an elemental Special attack, which can be followed by other such attacks to perform Blade combos. Specials come in four levels of power, and level 4 Specials can only be achieved if the affinity between the Driver and Blade is at its peak. Affinity is represented by a string of light between the Driver and Blade. The string grows in intensity by keeping close to your Blade and using Arts. When it glows gold is when you can use level 4 Specials, which are devastating attacks performed both by the Driver and Blade working together and passing the weapon between one-another.

>Shulk and Reyn kit complemete each other since they are bros.

>Old People.jpg
Isn't Dunban only in his late twenties? Old for a JRPG character, I guess.
And Melia's just a teenager in High Entia years. Depressing to think she probably had to see her real mom die of old age while she was still basically a child.

XB2 left me wanting an X sequel even fucking more because of how disappointed i was by 2. goddamn it hurts, i was hoping we'd get a teaser during E3 but i guess we're not getting anything for a while if at all

in the same interview where they said they wanted to 'take care of X' by making a sequel eventually, they also said that the development time for XB2 was short and they couldn't really do everything they wanted, and that next time they want to take more time
I think nothing being announced this early is a good thing

Shulk and co are 20, dunban is thirty something.

>Spoiler
Most things about Melia are depressing, from being raised sheltered so no childhood friends, her believing her father never liked her, being the target of multiple assassinations by her own step-mother(?), being rejected by the first and probably only person she had romantic feelings for, and that's not even mentioning all the shit that happens after Mechonis Core.

She had a rough life.

Shulk/Reyn/Fiora are all 18, Sharla's the only one in her twenties. Dunban's 30, Riki's 40, and Melia's 88.
Weren't her guards her friends? Too bad they all die.

How old is Morag?

Attached: 66086814_p0.png (877x620, 461K)

She doesn't have a official age, but I doubt she's meant to be any younger than Zeke, so at least 25.

Probably in her 30s, she looks older than Lora who's 500 and 27 years old.

Just the "not teenager" joke, yeah.

Attached: Dunban.(Xenoblade).full.1364529.jpg (1426x716, 310K)

>Weren't her guards her friends?
I can't remember if it's touched upon, but she at least knows them well enough to know their names and take the time to grieve for them. I imagine most guards were nice to her but since she's crown princess and all I doubt she had the opportunity to be as close as friends to them. Which in a way makes what happens to them even worse.

This could be me bullshitting, but I also remember somewhere Melia referring to the main party as her first real friends.

Why'd they have to make so much of Alcamoth feel like a giant empty courtyard? I wish it at least had a small residential district instead of just making all the NPCs spawn from teleporters.
Nah, they were her friends, she knew them since she was a kid.
>Melia: Yes. Until that day, the four of them accompanied me everywhere. They were true friends to me. I grieve for them deeply...
>Shulk: [They sound like great people.]
>Melia: They were indeed. I have spent the bulk of my life hidden away in the Imperial Villa. They took care of me for all that time.

I'd buy it.

Attached: tumblr_mgnxqgw4js1ryf4iwo1_500.png (500x281, 284K)

I know! It was already huge, why not?

Attached: 9c58984700a5d72885be7125a34e1694.jpg (960x704, 178K)

Ah, guess I was wrong about the guards then. Still, it's odd they're almost never brought up again after that, maybe as post-battle dialogue or something.

Lora's not supposed to be representative of the average 27-year old woman in XB2's world, at one point Milton tells her he'd guess that she was 20 at most.
I thought she did have some post-battle dialogue about it, but maybe I'm mixing it up with what Sharla says about Gadolt.

game really goes down the drain when you reach Mechonis

Why dump meaningful effort into an area they knew would be rendered useless?

It's not rendered useless, though. You still go back for sidequests and any heart to hearts you didn't finish up.

Many of the sidequests get locked out. All you end up doing there is fighting Telethia. Should've been a way to clear them out and repopulate the area

How the fuck am I supposed to beat Akhos and Malos at once

focus on the nerd

Use Tora instead of Vandham. You don't need to win. Just get their health down to half

Is XBC good? Not sure if my toaster would even handle the emulation though.

Attached: Uzukis.png (834x1200, 1.83M)

I meant Xenoblade Chronicles X, fuck me.

Malos will occasionally taunt you, but try to focus on Akhos. You want to find a way to deal with Akhos's Driver shackle attack - either by equipping some of the accessories that resist it that are sold in the shop in Fonsa Myma, or by sealing the effect entirely by using a Blade combo that ends on Earth.

Attached: oRAdj.jpg (1200x675, 217K)

The answer to both is yes.
As for emulation, you probably won't be able to run X well on a toaster since CEMU is practically just a BOTW emulator now.

>play FF7R demo
>it plays like a faster mix of XBC1 and 2

my hype knows no fucking bounds
also can't wait to see the new xbc game

Attached: 1559647182466.png (799x799, 648K)

XCX is very divisive. You'll either love it or hate it, and it's difficult to tell even yourself if it's good. Personally, it's my fav XB game, the world and exploration is unparalleled, the side quests are phenomenal, characters are interesting at best and slightly bland at worst (ignoring Tatsu).
Combat is really fun, especially when you unlock Overdrive, and the class system is super fun to use - although I'm a big fan of class systems in general so I'm biased there. Skells are great at first, be really they trivialise both exploration and combat, only really useful for filling out the map and dealing with mobs that one-shot you when on foot.
The music has a weird Stockholm syndrome, where at the beginning most dislike the music of NLA, but eventually you learn to appreciate and enjoy the nonsensical rapping of Black Tar.
The main story is neat, but executed poorly, and is completely overshadowed by some sidequests like the Bianho Tragedy and Nagi's second affinity mission.

Overall, you need to forgive a lot to really see it's potential. As far as emulation goes, Cemu runs it pretty well, but you'd need a pretty good rig to start with.

At least the Xenos are actually finished games.

considering both xbc games go to absolute rushed shit during their second halves, I find that questionable

Why do you have to be a faggot?

>a BOTW emulator
Damn, i thought that might be the case. I'll give it a try though.
Noice, thanks for the input user. I already listen to Black Tar unironically

Attached: 193282.png (1080x1587, 2.8M)

I'm one of the biggest FF7 fans on the planet and the pace that the remake is going is a fucking embarrassment. This game shouldn't end any sooner than Aeris dying with part 2 covering the rest. Now we're getting 2 discs for the fucking introductory sequence

Will it not release in its entirety?

XB1's second half isn't rushed, it just suffers immensely because almost all of it takes place in areas that are designed with the idea that they'll all be inaccessible post-Mechonis Core. That means no heart to hearts, minimal sidequests unless you're returning to previous areas, etc.
And it doesn't help that the visual design is pretty same-y, too.

I have zero faith it will if this is what it took 5 years to do

Good luck, and if it does work, try getting the patch that fixes the audio mixing problems. Voices can be pretty hard to hear over the music sometimes, it was a problem on Wii U and it worse in the emulator.

Kill the pigs.

>VIIR
>it plays like a faster mix of XBC1 and 2
???
Excuse me

XCX2 FUCKING WHEN

Attached: elma1.png (683x384, 450K)

SE doesn't even know how many games it's going to be.
The first one is looking good, but I have no faith that they'll finish it all properly.

first game releasing on ps4 in March will be midgar
other two ps5 games will be the rest

Because people brought it up relative to XB2’s when they were fucking arguing over which game had the better story
This devolved from “here are reasons why X is greater than Y” to “X IS THE BEST, Y FUCKING SUCKS”
I think every Xenoblade game, X included, have above-average stories in the realm of JRPGs

thank god I only care about Midgar

Attached: this-guy-are-sick.jpg (635x448, 37K)

>Not wanting Cid
>Not wanting Yuffie
And Great Glacier is the best part of the game

Yes to all of the above
If we get XBX related stuff, I hope they throw in the crossover stuff in DLC again
I’d love to see some time-skip Shulk and Rex stuff. Also bring back Kosmos
Also kill Square Enix and get Fei

>they already said they're toning down Cid
>Yuffie's shorts will be buttoned up

no thanks

That's fucking embarrassing, we Telltale now?
>imagine paying 3 times for one game

>I think every Xenoblade game, X included, have above-average stories in the realm of JRPGs
good taste
X's story gets more shit than it deserves

XBC1 doesn't have a good story, it just has fantastic writing.

never ever

Maybe never
But just remember that a single thought can change the world

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-15_20-51-50.png (1316x698, 744K)

>If we get XBX related stuff, I hope they throw in the crossover stuff in DLC again
I know you're looking for crossover characters, but I'd LOVE to see crossover mechs.

What does this even mean?

And that's why I'm not paying for this shit

>likening to telltale and not .hack

found the zoomlet

The big issue with X’s Is how it’s paced between the gameplay segments
But it’s a damn good straight sci fi story, especially compared to a lot of the bullshit that gets put into actual sci-fi

shion doesn't deserve allen

I think he's trying to say that the overall plot isn't anything special, but the way the characters are written saves it?
I have no idea.

>Nice Attack

The overarching plot events and their sequence and causality aren’t that riveting or astounding but the actual writing of the characters and their dialogue carry the experience to become extraordinary

When you look at the story as a whole, XBC1's story and general ideas are really generic, by-the-books even for JRPG standards
The story isn't great. The writing is god-tier. The way they present the story to you and execute it and the pacing is some of the best in the entire genre. Everything's simple, but it flows together and is really impactful.

I think he's saying the story overall is weak but the characters and dialogue are written pretty well.

Allen should've known not to stick his dick in crazy.

Attached: ezgif-4-0b3511887406.png (945x720, 612K)

That too!
Maybe be able to summon faced mechon with fiora or Siren with Rex and Pyra
Or poppi buster with Tora and Poppi

>spent 3 games getting blueballed by a cunt who has a thing for older men
>still risked his life to safe her
Pretty based desu

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

If you put 1's story on paper there's nothing remarkable about it, but it manages to create a lot of great moments with fantastic lines.

God maybe be the most cliche JRPG final boss out there, but, fuck, if this line does not get my blood pumping to kick some Klaus ass

youtube.com/watch?v=VsOsilNOmD4&t=4m22s

Attached: virgin chad xenosaga 2.png (2518x1024, 199K)

>"a single thought can change the world" is shown as a sappy, but positive and sweet message

>that actually applied to shion when she thought everyone hated her for summoning the gnosis. she was ready to go with kevin and wilhelm's plot and damn everyone because of a single paranoid thought.

Was Takahashi bullied by a chad or something in his 20s?

Attached: 193322.jpg (500x707, 71K)

KINO

Why do so few people care about her?

Attached: D6dhpENUEAARuV6.jpg (1120x986, 97K)

Fei and Shion are such god tier protags, especially by JRPG standards.
Shulk's VA made him memorable, but Cross was a slate and Rex was only good for his salvager code quips. I really want Takahashi to do a more ambitious plot again one day.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

hard to care about someone when the game they were in didn't even give a shit

I think you're selling rex a bit short

I want to think that what he said about wanting to make a M-rated game means he's interested in something like that, but who knows if anything will even come out of that quote.

Attached: B3oS-KXCMAAGrwR.jpg orig.jpg (686x959, 86K)

Baseado anonimo

Attached: 67217097_p0.jpg (707x1000, 252K)

I agree with him. I didn't hate Rex or anything, and he got a few scenes that I liked, but he was a pretty standard 'optimistic kid' protagonist. Nothing stood out about him.

How would you have fixed Rex?

Shion is one of my favorite vidya protagonists.

>he didn't mention my favorite antique franchise
>must be a "fotm buzzword"
Was it autism?

Was the Torna expansion cut content from the base game? Cause the ending felt somewhat anticlimactic.

It was thrown around as a concept for what XBC2 was going to be.

He wasn't bad but he wasn't remarkable at all either.
Like I said the only thing that was unique and enjoyable about him was the salvager code remark, but even thats pretty much just ripped straight from Tales of Symphonia. Outside of that he's a dime a dozen shonen protag with a god awful design to boot. Which is made worse by the fact that the scuba suit motif is a cool idea, just executed terribly.

Start by making him not a manlet and giving him a better outfit. There really isn't much else you can do without fundamentally changing the plot.

Attached: only12czdbo01.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Torna is an expanded version of a segment that cut in the planning stages of the game (because they wouldn't have enough development time to include it) and was originally intended to take place between chapter 7 and chapter 8 of the main game.

>Pilotable Faces
>Pilotable Artifices
Sign me the fuck on.

- loses his shit and gives up when he thought pyra/mythra were done fore
-accepts pyra/mythra's sacrifce in the end (as opposed to jin who couldn't let lora go)
-has to overcome his feelings of self doubt because he thinks that the rest of the party hates him after reaching elysium
-want to save malos but kills him anyway in order to save the world
I agree that he isn't as great as fei/ shion My ranking goes shion > feil > powergap >rex > elma > powergap >shulk > cross but like I said saying that he's just a generic optimistic protag is selling him short

Cross wasn't even the main protag though, that was Elma. I like Elma's overall character as well as the idea of playing as a character who is just a blank witness to the actions of the plots actual main hero but X's lack of story focus didn't help any of these things realize their full potential. I still liked what plot X had though.

Attached: 499f46e1e28991e804b4cda31238affb.jpg (2866x2558, 1.16M)

>giving him a better outfit
I do not understand the hate for Rex's design

I actually really like Cross. The selectable dialogue options he/she gets in most of the sidequests are unironically my all time favorite moments of Japanese """humor""".

Shulk is better because he has better screams.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDKeFgmXcg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7pU5Hq4mE
FIORAAAAAAAA>Pyraaaaaaaa

>Start by making him not a manlet
He's a young boy
>giving him a better outfit

It’s mostly thebspecific piece of art they use for his initial character portrait and for concept art. It is extremely bottom heavy and the boots and parachute pants look ridiculous without context, he also looks exceptionally scrawny in that pose but in a way that seems unintentional
I like Rex’s design cause it lets him look boyish without looking like a toddler and without needing other characters to stand by for contrast, he looks fine in game

Because after the awesome opening of the game she brings everything to a screeching halt with MUH JUJU and MUH GADOLT then proceeds to do nothing for the rest of the game except tease a relationship with Reyn that never really goes anywhere.

>mfw making him scream MYTHRAAAAA in the final scene

Attached: 1559537156959.jpg (1242x1242, 135K)

I don't think most of what you listed is all that unusual for your typical optimistic protagonist. These types of characters going through periods where they're discouraged by their failures and doubt themselves isn't uncommon at all.
And I wouldn't compare Rex accepting Pyra/Mythra's sacrifice to what happened with Jin and Lora, those situations were pretty different. Jin had to deal with Lora bleeding to death and breaking down over the idea that he was going to forget her when she died and become someone else's Blade, Rex's situation wasn't nearly as intense. And you can't really compare how they reacted afterwards, since Rex just gets Pyra and Mythra back right after that.

>-has to overcome his feelings of self doubt because he thinks that the rest of the party hates him after reaching elysium
But he doesn't overcome it. He runs away

Not that user, but I actually loved that whole sequence for two reasons. For one, Rex doesn’t realize it’s a dream sequence so he’s going around thinking this shit is actually happening. So his worst actual nightmare has come true, his response seems normal”
But also I like the idea of what The Architect was trying to see. He wanted to see what kind of people the Party members were. And what he sees in Rex is a kid whose biggest fear is letting other people down and letting them suffer and holding them back

Pretty much. None of his doubts are really resolved, we're just shown that he has them, then eventually Pyra asks Klaus to turn off the...simulation? or whatever it is they're in.

I get the point of the sequence but I dislike Rex never overcoming what he saw. I would've had an entire set of H2Hs in the FLOS dedicated to party members talking that shit over

She, Dunban and Riki get the short end of the stick in terms of character development as the game progresses. It also doesn't help that she's the weakest party member in battles.

My problem with Rex's design is that Pyra and Mythra are supposed to be his love interests, but he's just a fucking kid. It just comes across like a high-schooler's cringey anime fantasy when the main character is as un-masculine as possible and yet he ends up with two thicc waifus with massive tits. If Rex were also attractive I really wouldn't mind the waifus as much.

I would've liked to have seen a bit of the other party member's dream sequences as well.
It's kind of telling that Nia started in Driver form, then is suddenly in Blade form afterwards.

If we got the sequence of phantom Rex calling her a liar and cannibal, the webm would've created months worth of cuckposting

but we already got that anyways

We did?

Not like older designs were much better

Attached: 21original.jpg (835x1200, 439K)

God I love shulks voice actor, I chose his voice in xbcx

even after the NG+ stuff she STILL gets a ton of cuckposting

Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Downloaded the jap dub as fast as I could. Who thought it was a good Idea to give cute sexy cat lady Nia the voice of a 50yo Welsh Sailor woman? And why isn't the normal bantering translated?
I just reached the mercenary camp inside the Titan. I want to have cute cuddly flower sex with Nia.

But she never would've been able to live down a full sequence of "Rex" bullying the fuck out of her

>flower sex
what

Is there a time skip? I want Nia to be smol and cute for ever

If you don't want spoilers you probably shouldn't look at Xenoblade threads on Yea Forums.

No, that's her "true" form. Potato sack is just a disguise. You can change her back once it's revealed but only if your heart is black as coal

Attached: 1540185165467.png (650x702, 608K)

After all, flowers heal an aching soul.

German saying for slow and tender sex.
"Blümchen Sex"

huh
the more you know

Attached: Shulk Melia Heart 2 Heart.webm (454x340, 2.4M)

Thanks for the spoiler tag, not gonna read that. I just wanted to complain about her voice. I'd like to punch the person responsible because at first it looked like the dub was... somewhat palatable.

Yeah, chapter 10 in general felt like it should have had a bit more of a Victory Road to get to Malos where the party members have 2-3 H2Hs to talk about al the revelations they just heard from The Architect

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was thr most dissapointing game I've ever played

>I just wanted to complain about her voice

Attached: 1534823716786.jpg (982x717, 37K)

TELL ME WHY
THE REASON I AM HERE

BROKEN MIRROR

Being Melia is suffering

Attached: D8i2tM-VUAA_BKa.jpg (539x960, 47K)

Hey I'm just in Ch. 3 I have nothing else to contribute other than that I like the battle system. Though I haven't fully figured out how to identify weakness. Currently I try to combo seals into tumbles which works good for non bosses. Also Electra is cute as a button and I want pinch her cheeks.

>never played XCX
>download it for hacked wii U
>can't play online

Am I missing anything major by playing offline?

No

An enemy's weakness is the element displayed next to its name.

You can complain about the dub, but do not hate on my Welsh kitty

That said, if you like smol Nia, I can promise you that she will not be taken away from you but something will happen to create the "other" Nia which you can choose to use at will

>not liking Welsh cat
>Preferring shitty squeaky generic japanese voice
shit taste desu with you senpai

>Am I missing anything major by playing offline?
yes

maybe

I rarely see one with an element and a background arrow up/down. Maybe not many mobs have weaknesses in the early game. Also the tut said a monster is resilient against the finishing element of a seal, but I didn't notice a change in damage. Or did it only mean to never use the same seal back to back? The tutorial is a little weird sometimes and you can't scroll back to reread.

thanks, lads.

Finishing a blade combo puts an elemental orb on an enemy - you should be able to see it circling around the enemy. It gives them a resistance to that element.
You're in chapter 3, right? The game will give you a way to destroy those orbs soon, but for now you can't really do anything about them, they'll just stick around on the enemy until you kill them.

Attached: that's just mean.gif (320x180, 903K)

It's not even the accent, that's fine. She just sounds so old. At least 40+. Together with the muted / unfitting performance during some clearly wacky scenes I just couldn't bear it. Jap is sadly generic, but at least it fits.

I thought so too at first, but when she gets to her more upbeat moments she melted my heart completely

Currently emulating XBX, so I wonder what Anons think:

Who out of the party members is best girl?

Hard Mode: No Elma

Attached: question mark kassandra.png (800x720, 770K)

Attached: No Melia, you stand equal just fine you lusty slut, seriously dawg.gif (416x321, 2.88M)

I'll give it another chance, but just because it's you.

HB

>just because it's you
I-It is?

Attached: 1513757310283.gif (255x255, 2.62M)

Attached: Encounter Unique Monster - Clifftop BayernNOPE.webm (960x540, 874K)

NOPE
NOPE
NOPE

Another German influence sorry, it means I'll do it because you and not someone else suggested it.

I remember running into it at around lvl 20. Good times, good times.

Thanks, maybe the resistance is more noticeable later.

>Tfw first playthrough had all my saves corrupt/delete at the Mechonis' hand
>Tried several times to play through again since then
>Always quit at the slog that is Makna forest

Does anyone have a save from Mechonis' hand that I could use? I really want to finish this fucking game but just couldn't be fucked going through another 60 hours of gameplay again.

Should I just watch the rest of the game on youtube or something

Well, I'm glad my anonymous voice means more to you but there is a slight catch to it. You said you prefer smol Nia but the other Nia is the much happier one of the two and is the one who gets the VAs best moments

xenoblade 1 = soul
xenoblade 2 = cringe

Seriously. When I illegally downloaded and started my Wii to play this, the game just floored me. Amazing setting of Colony 9, amazing start up with deaths and motivation, the area, the cave. And then Gaur Plains after your narrow hallway with that music playing...I felt AMAZING playing this game.

And then I run down this little alleyway. I see some columns and looks like some ruins thinking, "huh, I wonder if there's a chest or som---OH FUCK HOLY SHIT FUCKFUCKFUCKFU I'M DEAD!" It was brutally shocking, I did NOT expect that and it was amazing. This Clifftop Bayern will be a fond memory for me and Xenoblade.

I have the full-size gif which is better quality, too, but it's too big to post.

Attached: Clifftop Bayern.webm (480x264, 94K)

Why do you do this to me? It's cruel.

Attached: THIS ISN'T REYN TIME AT ALL.png (400x400, 124K)

Just let yourself experience the story. I promise you'll come to like both

Not a girl. Also, smug asshole with glasses trope.

Okay, but just because it's you.

Xenoblade collection when?

Y-You too Germanbro...

Attached: 1560371007082.png (559x566, 612K)

I really want a rerelease of Xenoblade 1 and X on switch

they won't even port X user
never

Murderess

Attached: 1454180381721.jpg (582x573, 31K)

Sharla starts strong, but gets left behind as the story expands, even factoring out that she mostly acts as a love interest anyway.

Attached: 20618704_p0.jpg (600x757, 315K)

It's already gonna 3 years since Xeno2, so 2020 it is Boys! Who's ready for another Takahashi's Wild Ride!

>the face he confirmed in an interview that nintendo only green-lights Xenoblade from them anymore.

Attached: 24695ktva8b21.jpg (750x309, 22K)

>Sharla starts strong

No, she doesn't. And then she fades away into "save boyfriend" plot, which is sidelined until you blow him up. Then she jumps on Reyn's cock. The End. She's the worst party member.

>Then she jumps on Reyn's cock
Sounds like best party member to me

Being a survivor of the closest neighboring colony when we still don't understand the scope of Mechon threat is a pretty darn good opening in my book. Then she effectively disappears.

Attached: 26746939_big_p6.jpg (609x800, 65K)

>when we still don't understand the scope of Mechon threat is a pretty darn good opening in my book.

They assraped Colony 9 in the opening and the only thing that can manage to damage them is your magic sword. We also saw the invasion Dunban repelled a year prior. The player has a pretty good grasp how dire the situation is at this point.

Then it takes a nosedive once the final boss is over. In addition to Rex becoming awful right before Morytha and never recovering.

Dunban is the man. Not only is he a great character with plenty of meaningful moments, but he's also really fun to play as and is extremely strong.

>Rex becoming awful right before Morytha
Are you a butthurt Niafag? Because I'm right here with you

True, I meant something else by that and I can't quite grasp at it.

I very much like that the story ultimately eclipses everything he accomplished and makes him look the fool and he just takes as just another bump in the road, because what are you gonna do about it?

Attached: tumblr_lrdrfrbvMI1qzqz58.jpg (500x600, 425K)

It makes him look even more hardcore for using the monado as well as he did

What I really like about Dunban is that he's a Mentor-type character that avoids the typical tropes like

> becoming completely useless due to a an injury
> dying like a bitch for plot reasons
> being OP as fuck story-wise

He's just a dude who can still fight well despite the Monado toasting his arm, and I appreciate that.

strawpoll.com/9z5h21y2
can't decide

do what I did and switch between them until decide which one you like the most

I pllay in the language I can understand, I'm sorry. Superior voice acting is not worth missing out on so much extra dialogue

Maybe it's just my personal tastes, but I don't think a villain necessarily has to be super intimidating or satisfying to defeat to be good. I had a lot of problems with XB2's final boss fight, but not many with Malos as a character or villain.

I remember realizing that too in the scene where he gives Shulk his blessing if he and Fiora were to become an item. It wasn't dying man's wish or a superman giving the scrappy a boon, just the more accomplished man praising the younger for coming into his own.

That he could even use it at all!

Attached: 41359646.jpg (845x1126, 409K)

and in the end of the game she doesnt even look or sound happy. Why did she suffer so much? why do this to a girl who didnt deserve it?