Another crowd funded game turns out shit

>another crowd funded game turns out shit

Is this the end of the crowd funded meme?

Attached: D76DA0C2-1426-41AE-B184-442980330D29.png (650x820, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YsNZZISUGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

leave drawing miriam to me

Everyone who got it early said it was good.

I'll be waiting!

Is it like Resetera

Kind of smart releasing it right after E3, everyone is so busy and focused on E3 that nobody has time to review it

But it is the 2000s Castlevania games with HD graphics instead of reusing stuff from the PC-Engine.

OPs inception was a crowd donation.
Think it shared a similar title.

Shenmue 3 will prove you wrong

Has this been released yet?

The develoment was a mess, but Iga made the best of it. The game looks decent, just ugly. Next game won't use the Unreal MEME engine, and will be done by better devs.

Sooon....

Will the guys who made the Touhou game make a bloodstained game?

Basically.

Attached: 1500505948611.webm (960x640, 2.65M)

i have the game already im 25% castle discovery is , excellent a perfect mix between sotn+aria , game varies between fine to ugly in some areas but the gameplay is PERFECT they really nailed what we backers wanted , im already seeeing im going to spend thousands of run with each weapon , i didnt reach this rea but looks very hard and challenging more than clsssic igavanias
youtube.com/watch?v=4YsNZZISUGk

What about the music?

beign very hoest the music is very VERY average i dont know which new soundtrack dissapointed me more if this or remake 2 , like i said im just 20% completion of the castle but the musci is very bland only liked the zangetsu boss theme other than that this game doesnt even scracth sotn a shame Yamane dissapointed me here very very BIg

I'm pretty excited to be able to play it, but is the movement so slow throughout the whole game?

Oh I knew, I suspected, I hope they have not already put all the songs in those 20%. Or I'll have to put SOTN's songs

you have a shard that increases your movement speed like the black panther soul from aria of sorrow

Everyone's said it's fine though. Graphically it's a bit ugly but the gameplay is perfect, which is all I really wanted.

They can polish up all the assets when they reuse them for Bloodstained 2.

Bunch of places broke street date

No, this whole Epic shitfest is the end of crowdfunded games.

Early Access will hopefully become more popular. It's the better model.

Based Chinks actually doing something good.

I hope you don't actually think that

when are hues gonna dump the game

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-192557.png.89dde13a0845fba817c72cd87b07f125.png (1080x2160, 1.59M)

I don't know what you're talking about OP, I've been watching people stream this game for like 3 days now and it looks better than the DS Castlevania games.

How long until someone whips up a mod to replace all this shit music with SotN's music?

What are the first impressions so far for those who got the game early?

How long until someone whips up a mod to replace Miriam with her girlfriend?

>39.99
what the shit

Who thought that pricetag was ok for this game?

Sex. Have it.

>it's on GOG
Gonna be a day 1 pirate for me.

Attached: wallpaper-383346.jpg (1345x932, 946K)

I've been satisfied with the outcome of several Early Access games. It's cool when devs have a discord and actually reply to your feedback. It seems more likely the case with these games than with crowdfunded games.

How long until someone whips out their dick?

They only could afford Yamane for some of the score, at least 50%. The rest were done by literal whoos.

The game is getting a Day 1 patch to improve things mind you.

The only Castlevania I've played was SOTN should i emulate Aria and try to beat it before Bloodstained comes out?

The game got funded in the first place because everyone saw Miriam's tit and whipped out their dick. So "how long?" About four years ago.

Yeah, it's short.

It's neat but really not necessary. Just play the new game with everyone user.

>They only could afford Yamane for some of the score, at least 50%
That sucks. I hope the literal who's at least did an okay job

Rondo-Symphony-Aria make a ncie trilogy. Dawn of Souls makes a nice bonus game to that storyline. they're also arguably the best in the series too.

Aria is jsut seotmhing I keep coming back to since it's just so slick and perfect. Junichi Murakami was the director, and I wonder if he is a large part of it??

kek

And it looks worse

>people who got it early say its almost as good as SotN
>people have shown off random secrets like SotN had, such as as the singing fairy
>implying its shit
You tortanic fags have been ruined, Bloodstained is a fucking masterpiece, its exactly what I wanted, I knew it wa destined for great thigns as soon as I had my hands on the very first demo. I cannot wait for my copy to arrive in a couple days.
You and that raging Kickstarter retard, Craig, can eat shit. This Kickstarter is a big success.

If all it takes is one easter egg and the words of a few random people to be as good as SotN, you have low standards. The game technically isn't even out yet.

The gameplay is 1:1 with SotN, that easter eggs means that it will have sill random secrets like SotN, and the fact that its being praised by everyone who has actually played it is a good sign.

>that easter eggs means that it will have sill random secrets
Fuck, I'm too tired to type right now.

>The gameplay is 1:1 with SotN
So was OoE and that game was ass.
I want the game to be good, but you have fucking low standards. You know nothing about things like boss quality, level design, etc. You just saw one easter egg and heard random opinions from people already really excited to get the game early and for some reason think they'd have an honest and compiled opinion.

OoE is nothing like SotN, what the fuck are you talking about?

OoE was sick though

The post was about gameplay, and OoE is 1:1 SotN in the same way Bloodstained is.

Yeah, it was so sick that it was terminally ill, and it killed 2d castlevania games forever.

OoE is in no way 1:1 with SotN in gameplay, if it were, it'd actually be fun to play. You move slow as molasses in OoE, I'm pretty sure you couldn't cancel attacks by landing, the dodge move is as slow, if not slower than walking, and you have to attack by alternating between left and right hands to have a decent damage output.

>OoE and that game was ass.
Shit taste

>it killed 2d castlevania games forever
Konami itself killed Castlevania, the whole DS line already was low budget with tons reused assets everywhere, yet they were still good.
Not to mention, if you want 2d gameplay, after it there was Harmony of Despair, and of course, Mirror of Fate. Maybe the last one was the one to kill 2d castlevania for good, but nah, let's blame OoE.

serious question, i know the kickstarter had some backer bonuses—are these obtainable in-game or do they need to be cheated in? what are they? some devs will just give backers things right away but some will not let every player get every piece of content

Hold on, bro. Lemme just load up this next zone on the map screen, do the completely linear level to the boss, go back to town to get my "kill 30 crows" sidequest, grind the crows, turn the quest in, get the rock-resistant drops you're supposed to have for this fight, and then spam the ice spell. Just how the devs intended. So fun.

rent free

Even then it's pretty different from SotN since MP is basically stamina and the game expects you to spam magic and change glyphs to match weaknesses instead of relying on weapons.

Has there been any release that Yea Forums hasn't shitposted about in the past three years? You niggers are just too addicted to being outraged at shit. Sekiro got a week of pure hate here before Yea Forums warmed up to it, even. Bloodstained is going to be fun, you retards are just going to have to deal with it.

wut, konami and hideo kojima killed castlevania you retard
remember lords of shadow fucking 2?

OoE had flaws but it was still a very fun game, you must be on crack.

PoR is the superior DS title though.

Attached: 1553932243970.jpg (1157x1600, 378K)

I think the team items are exclusive to backers, but the swordwhip and Iga boss will be $5 DLC for non-backers.
I think the rest was just stretch goals, which will be in free updates for everyone.

I feel like you didn't even read my post.
OoE killed 2d castlevania. It bombed hard.
Lords of Shadow 1 was a success, so it got a spinoff and a sequel. Lords of Shadow 2 killed the franchise as a whole.

>OoE killed 2d castlevania. It bombed hard.
Mirror of Fate came out after though. LoS and that shit killed Castlevania.

>team items
nani

Is Koji Igarashi a conman?

Attached: 3d5bb70466bdf5498883e455f7a789e8[1].jpg (1280x720, 129K)

You didn't read my post again, did you?
Mirror of Fate only exists because it's a spinoff. Konami didn't dare try making a new one on its own, because of how much of a failure OoE is.

can you retards even come up with your own memes?

Attached: 1553269786275m.jpg (683x1024, 123K)

>It bombed hard.
i feel like that was more due to the fact that there had been so many igavanias so people were tired of it
i do remember Yea Forums always praising OoE as the best igavania back around when it came out though, so i dont think its quality had anything to do with how it sold

You've got a very obvious hateboner for OoE and its quite telling. Mirror of Fate is a 2D Castlevania game and it bombed. It was released after OoE. Therefore, OoE couldn't have killed 2D Castlevania games. Thank you for playing.

No, he's slightly incompetent but he has talent and means well.

>i do remember Yea Forums always praising OoE as the best igavania back around when it came out though, so i dont think its quality had anything to do with how it sold
And yet the opinion quickly soured over the years. Now it's known for being the worst of the DS games and people don't even consider it a metroidvania anymore, even though they did back then.

I feel like you're extremely illiterate. No, wait, I know you are.

All 3 ds castlevanias have always had mixed reception, some love them all, some hate them all, some regard OoE as the best while others like PoR better, and so on.

There was also Rebirth after OoE.

>Now it's known for being the worst of the DS games
i dunno about that, all the CV fans i know love it and you're quite frankly the first person i see on Yea Forums shitting this much on it in the 11 years ive been browsing this board

that's more like it, in the end its all just a matter of opinions

Not really. Iga fucks up sure. But he generally means well, and really does care about his work in general. You won't see Iga trying to peddle a Bloodstain cartoon series for example when the game isn't even out yet

True or false, dumbass - was OoE the last 2D Castlevania game released?

Attached: 1523986632740.jpg (1736x2456, 1.58M)

He is a conman, but a subtle conman.
The trick with faking the game's visuals being worse for years, then suddenly upgrading them at the very end to spike interest is genius.

I think the kickstarter was poorly planned, and he has spent like 3 years trying to fix it. Firing your lead dev 1 year into development is a huge move that almsot never happens. Only happens if you hvae zero confidence in them.

Inafune-san just kept on trucking, and released the half-assed rushjob that was MN9. Then he got super hate for it during the MN9 livestream.

Wonder if BS will have a live-stream?

When are backer keys sent out?

OoE was the last original 2d castlevania game to be released, as I already stated.
Everything else since has either been a spinoff of a larger game or a remake (read as: only exists because of a proven investment)

Which is nonsense. OoE is amazing, and one of my favorite Castlevanias. It's less exploration focused and more combat focused, and the combat is 10/10. It also has level 1 mode, which the other games needed.

Has anyone made map remix romhacks for it yet?

Has anyone leaked the switch version yet?

>Has anyone made map remix romhacks for it yet?
there's a full randomizer for all three DS games man

>OoE was the last original 2d castlevania game to be released, as I already stated.
Nice cowardly backpeddle.

The correct answer was "False, OoE was not the last 2D Castlevania game released"

Your hateboner for OoE is hilarious and pathetic. No idea why you're trying to convince everyone its such a terrible game in this thread but you're not doing a good job of it.

Attached: 1522274306760.png (672x829, 272K)

>and the combat is 10/10.
The combat is probably the worst thing about the game, next to the map design and the sidequests.
They made the dodge button more worthless than before, and several of the fights are meant to just just have you stand in a corner, jump three times, and wail on the boss.

see soon

>the last original 2d castlevania game to be released, as I already stated.
>OoE killed 2d castlevania
Just say leave it as "I don't like the game" and go on with tit.

>OoE was the last original 2d castlevania game to be released
I don't think that is true. Rebirth came out afterward and so did HD.

Nevermind what I said, I just read up on how it worked again
>Each of our YouTuber Partner Clans and the two Community Clans will also have a secret in-game cheat code that you can use to re-skin a specific starting item in the game. Each of these codes will be given to their respective community leader, who will be able to reveal them to their audiences however they’d like. These codes will not be restricted to any particular version of the game—anyone who finds a code can use it.

Attached: Untitled.png (853x659, 466K)

OoE was spoiled by bland level design and shit quests, imo. I had no desire to replay it once I'd completed it.

Just popping in to say that I also love OoE and still one of my favorites.

Attached: 07e4cff9f054b098ebc59e007cf0f793.jpg (913x900, 259K)

>shit
>>solid 80 on metacritic in terms of both general and user reviews
>>everyone who has played it general agrees that's about right
>b-b-buh crowd funding memes
Fuck off faggot. Forcing this hard is just embarrassing. Not a masterpiece, fine, but shit? Fucking stupid. It's a completely decent game even totally on its own out of any context, but in reality the genre has been pretty bare in recent years of quality entries or even numbers so it's pretty much just what people expected and hoped for given the budget.

>Nice cowardly backpeddle.
But I already stated it. You just got caught lying and are trying to claim someone else moved goalposts when you did. We haven't seen a single original 2d game released since then, all because of OoE. And I'm willing to bet the only reason people even pretend to give a shit about OoE is because they find Shanoa hot.

>no projared
That would have been awkward.

Did you read the rest of the post? Rebirth is a remake, and HD is a spinoff that only exists because of even heavier asset reuse than most Castlevania games, and that's saying something!

Whatever you cling to in order to win your internet argument, man. Still not seeing any proof that OoE killed 2D Castlevania.

How do you update with a pirate?

>It killed it, with the only exceptions being X and Y.
>NO IT DIDN'T, SEE, X EXISTS!!!
>Yes, we already covered X.
>W-W-W-WHATEVER!
Good job there, pal.

>/ourgal/ Mana Ikeda was upgraded from translator to cover artist

Anyone else proud she made it?

Attached: large.jpg (780x457, 123K)

Iga got a game approved for the PS3/360 starring Alucard, but after some time the project was going nowhere. Konami then got the Spanish team to make their own game.

Iga then decided to not submit approvals for any new 3DS Castlevania games, as he felt they didn't want them and he would be imposing on the Spanish team. This is why there was no 3DS games, it's not because of OoE, but the failure of the console game.

Download either a patch or a new download of the full game that includes the update.

I think new versions might have to be re-cracked, but its not a problem with games that have DRM-lite (like steam).

>goes out of her way to dress her hair like Miriam
She probably got the promotion because Igarashi is boning her.

She's a decent artist. The design for Miriam is kind of a trashy mess though. I'll await to see what she can do with a decently designed character next time.

>The design for Miriam is kind of a trashy mess though. I'll await to see what she can do with a decently designed character next time.
Hopefully it gets heavily simplified. She has too much going on in her design at once.

IT was fun

>The design for Miriam is kind of a trashy mess though.
Could be much worse.

Attached: D2maZEgXgAAIBkn.jpg (1240x1754, 236K)

I watched the trailer and some gameplay, game looks fine.

is the game out yet? Have you personally played it yet?

If not, you better have a good reason why it's shit besides gaming jouranlists telling you it's shit.

>Firing your lead dev 1 year into development is a huge move that almsot never happens.
He went with IntiCreates, but they seem to have a hard time working as an outsource agency or doing anything outside of their comfort zone.

I would argue that's a superior design. It's flat in texture where it needs to be (the suit and leafs) and detailed where it needs emphasis (melong pattern on chest, top of the hair flowers).

>Is this the end of the crowd funded meme?
no, along with yooka laylee, mighty number 9, shenmue 3,
they are the 4 horseman of apocalypse for kickstarting.

What the fuck are you talking about, you fucking retard?

Castlevania OoE still the best Castlevania after SotN, are you crazy?

Attached: shanoa.jpg (179x281, 7K)

Inti-creates are full blown cliche anime design tropes:

>too much going on
>over designing
>asymatry
>HUGE MELONS and idealization (huge tits should be used sparingly and modest bust is way better 95% of the time)

But is cute

AoS is vastly superior.

not really

You have shit taste, OP. I'm planning to buy it and it looks pretty damn good. I don't know what you were expecting out it? Like what exactly do you not like about it? The art-style? The gameplay? Looks fine to me.

If it gets a sequel, it needs to be translated into something that's based on real fashion, and more symetrical.

Good. Inti creates is the only gaming company that makes full blown Chunni tier games (That aren't VNs) and the design emphasizes it

>they seem to have a hard time working as an outsource agency
Not really, most of their games were licensed stuff, Inti Creates only started self publishing a few years ago. They can't do shit with Unreal, that was the problem with both MN9 and BS.

I’ve never played any castlevania before, are any on pc?

Kek, or it'll become the 4th horseman to Undertale, Hollow Knight, and Hat in Time.

>are any on pc?
no, but you can emulate all the good ones pretty easily.

Not him, but I don't think its good either. Its just not fun at all, your movement is ass, having to alternate between Y and X to attack gets annoying quick, you go through plain levels instead of a castle, and that launching gimmick that gets used in every boss fight is one of the most tedious ways to have to dodge attacks, I'd rather have to draw lines to kill bosses again.
I would say that the only IGAvania OoE is better than is CotM, but shit, I at least got to the final boss of that, I dropped OoE after the stupid fucking crab.

Most of them as long as you can emulate up to DS, or PS2 if you want to try the 3d ones.

The crowdfunding meme isn't bad, the spiritual successor meme is

I like most of the BMZ designs but Yuji Natsume was a terrible choice for BS, completly out of his element.

>tfw this shit looks better than SotN for me
I was never a SotNfag although I beat it (stupidly easy game). I guess I wasn't a huge fan of any of the areas in the game so that's why. Imagine if they made the graphics/areas even better, that would be nice.

AoS is great but too easy

Game has a bunny suit its automatically good

Iga didn't work on CotM. Also:
>launching gimmick that gets used in every boss fight
>dropped OoE at one of the first bosses

Yeah, but the spiritual successor meme NEEDS to be a success, broadly speaking, cuz we've got all these companies that drop a franchise for ten years at a time (or forever like Konami).

The crab is like the 3rd or 4th boss, and every one of those used the gimmick.

Asymmetrical is fine, you just need to balance it out in a ying-yang shape. If she keeps a black cover over her left breast again, she needs to have a black glove on the lower right.

the game plays soooooooooooooo fucking good, Castlevania and metroid fans are gonna love it for sure

No, the first boss was the giant skeleton. Then you have that weird face thing from Contra at the top of the tower. I thin another after that. That's like, what, 1/3rd of the way through the boss list? Did you play the game even?

Visually llooks soulless.

It's the third boss, and it's basically just an endurance test, after that you don't need it for any of the bosses.
What was wrong with it anyways? It doesn't even require the stylus to use or something.

So I'm watching gameplay from the playstation channel and they have a guy on from wayforward. Did they do the level design cause WF sucks mad dick.

The crab is the 3rd boss. Out of 15.

It's completely unclear what WF even did, they were brought on only a few months ago.

>hasn’t played it
>calls it shit
>????

Attached: DDA85E64-4143-4AB9-A296-F7EC13F3585A.png (300x256, 99K)

Are you niggers stupid? I played Bloodstained Curse of the Moon and it reminded me of Castlevania III and from what I played of Ritual of the Night demo it seems to be a good ol Metroidvania. The game is what we expect it will be.

We don't really know.

I'm sorry, but FTL already took the place.

see
>Yeah, it was so sick that it was terminally ill, and it killed 2d castlevania games forever.
You're a retard

Attached: 1534401647744.jpg (823x1200, 149K)

It was just a very wonky feeling mechanic to use, and it felt like shit every time I had to use it in a fight. Launching myself over the skeleton 30 times before it finally died wasn't fun for me in the slightest, which reminds me that I think the bosses had way too much HP, I remember grinding a lot before beating the crab because I just wanted a higher damage output against it, I hate boss fights that are really long and drawn out, where you can just die in 3 hits but have to hit the boss 300 times before it dies.
It just didn't sit right with me, like everything else in OoE.

>You go through plain levels instead of a castle
user, you dropped the game at the third boss. The last third of the game is literally a big castle.

>I'd rather have to draw lines to kill bosses again.
Horse shit. I've never heard anyone say something so stupid in a Castlevania thread

What killed 2D Castlevania was people who gave a shit of Castlevania and started to care when it was too late, as every dead franchise.

>like everything else in OoE.
But you dropped it like 30-40 minutes in, dude.

If this user is still here, in the Playstation video the main theme is playing in that lava area. Is that really the song that plays there? Every area has different music right?

GOTY

OoE really wants you to abuse elemental weaknesses.

>don't go with sprites to save money because they're Jews
>game looks like complete shit
lol

>Horse shit
I finished DoS having an overall good time, and only getting really mad at the last seal which is physically impossible to perform with a mouse unless you slow down the emulator.
I dropped OoE, partially due to that launching mechanic.

I love OoE because it was like ''What if Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest was well made?''

Attached: castlevania-ii-simons-quest-nes-front[1].jpg (231x321, 57K)

More like good Sprite artists dont exist anymore

Yea Forums at it's natural state.

This comedy gold

Under fucking rated post

Gonna pirate it on PC and buy it on switch. Fuck delayed releases

Yeah but to be fair you sound like the kind of person who eats paste.

Game looks like what I expected it to be. biggest problem is it's coming after hollow knight which was a stellar game and I dunno if it'll top it.

Attached: _ ____ __ ____ ____ _____.gif (270x405, 1.75M)

Game looks like absolute shit

Simon's Quest would be a perfect game for a remake. There's a great game in there buried under terrible decisions and archaic design philosophies. Same with Zelda 2, fuck remaking good games when there are flawed titles like this that could benefit from a new entry.

HK isnt the same game at all, it doesnt have the rpg elements of iga's games, which are the main appeal for me

Nice rotoscope

Inti Creates are pretty good and were the first company Iga hired.

I know they do things differently but they fall into the same genre. The RPG elements could be fun and I did miss those in HK.
don't you mean dishonest animation

Attached: 1559405394052.gif (480x270, 227K)

It was more like 1-2 hours in for me. Maybe hour and a half.
I hated the way attacking worked.
I hated the launch mechanic.
I hated how damage spongy the bosses were.
I hated Shanoa's snail pace movement speed, doesn't help that her terrible walking animation is literally a 24/7 struggle to trudge through a swamp.
I found the fact that normal attacks cost MP to be stupid, because it regens so fast you basically never run out, whats the point?

I regret touching OoE, I should have just left off on a high note with PoR.

Cant prove anything when the first two games also suck ass

this game is finally out?

you could have just said "im a bitch who didnt get good" and it would have been the same post

>It was more like 1-2 hours in for me. Maybe hour and a half.
user what the fuck were you doing, the crab was the third boss.
>I hated how damage spongy the bosses were.
Honestly it sounds like you just sucked dick or went with the absolute dumbest choice of attacks
>I found the fact that normal attacks cost MP to be stupid, because it regens so fast you basically never run out, whats the point?
Because some attacks cost more MP you dumbass.

I regret replying to you, I should have left this thread on a high note after that dancing anime rabbit.

Attached: 1526271304837.gif (256x192, 251K)

>same with Zelda 2

Zelda 2 is damn near a perfect game. Fuck off.

>muh gitgud argument
Game must really be shit, if that's all you can use to defend it.

i love Shanoa

Attached: v.png (1024x640, 342K)

wrong
she looks like shit, i funded the game because paying $30 three ago for CoM/RotN was a better investment than waiting and buying them now for $50

lmao seething little bitch, dont even talk to me

I like the game but no its not.

Its more like the two OoE haters in this thread are blithering retards. One of them (that's you, I take it) couldn't even get by the crab boss yet he's talking about the whole game like he's an expert. Its the same shit with people calling Bloodstained bad - why should I take you seriously? You don't know what you're talking about.

that wasnt an argument, i just wanted to make fun of you because you're a stupid little bitch

>I found the fact that normal attacks cost MP to be stupid
There are no "normal" attacks in OoE, everything is magic and you have no reason to stick to weapon glyphs instead of spells unless enemies are weak to them.

Katana zero had good sprites though...

Fucking retarded, I bet you just read that shit somewhere and never touched any of this games.

>user what the fuck were you doing, the crab was the third boss.
Grinding and trying to explore what little there was to explore.
>Honestly it sounds like you just sucked dick or went with the absolute dumbest choice of attacks
I clearly couldn't be that bad if I got through all the other games, save for the last of CotM(because I was already fed up with it by time I got to the final boss and gave it only a single try before stopping) and I used effective attacks, iirc red numbers meant effective, and blue was not, right?
>Because some attacks cost more MP you dumbass.
And you gain more MP as you level up, so again, what was the point?

>Game isn't out yet
>Everyone who did manage to get an early copy say it's great
>Backers who got the demo said the gameplay is great
>Yea Forums shitposter now in full seethe mode

This seems common for Bloodstained threads at this point.

But it's so much more fun to point it out with your own

mordhau just came out and did really well, it's also a pretty fun game

I didn't find it appealing but I didn't play the game so I cant really talk about it

>Grinding and trying to explore what little there was to explore.
There's no way that took you two hours. There are only two levels before the crab boss outside the forest and the water portion, and both of those are straight lines. The chapel and prison are easy to explore.

>too shitty to beat CotM too
Why am I not surprised

Street date was broken for the PS4 version.

>by metroid
>be built of sprites
>be on a cartridge
>want to make a larger adventure game
>reuse assets everywhere
>fold the map back in on itself multiple times so the player backtracks after acquiring movement options
Clever
>be modern metroid knockoff
>no sprites but models
>no storage limitations whatsoever
>artificially limit the game to conform to technical / workflow problems of 30 years ago
Not clever.

I didnt even trip when they showed the visuals when people said it looked like ass. i thought it looked ok, the new look looks great, and if its like Symphony, Dawn/Aria of Sorrow, or Order of Ecclesia I'll be having fun.

this, i never cared about the graphics

>wahwah seething
I can see that you OoE fags are seething over the fact that not everyone likes your game.

You need some better reading comprehension, because I did get past the crab, and that's when I stopped. I never tried to talk about the whole game, I clearly made assumptions based off of what I had played.

>throwing out a bad argument is making fun
Whatever you say.

HAHAHAHAH FAGGOT

Anyone else not think the game looks ugly? Like sure I prefer spritework far more but I don't hate how the game looks. As long as the gameplay and exploration are top notch the graphics to me aren't a huge deal. Can't wait until my copy comes in. Supposed to be here by Monday according to the tracking number.

Any idea when they'll be adding the randomized castle mode?

The only one upset is you, damage controlling user. Maybe you should go back and beat the crab boss so you can experience the rest of the game, probably a better use of your time than getting assblasted on Yea Forums.

Game looks alright. I don't know what people were expecting it to look like graphically.

Steam sales are gonna hit soon, so will some other stores, that can overshadow the game launch, looks like a bad move to me.

It was probably an hour and a half then, I don't remember the exact time.
CotM starts off good, but is a badly designed mess overall, if you're a Megaman fan, I bet you're one of those fags that thinks X6 is good.

How am I the one who's upset when you're so mad you can't even read properly? I beat the crab, saved, and stopped playing.

No

>I never tried to talk about the whole game, I clearly made assumptions based off of what I had played.
>You go through plain levels instead of a castle
>launching gimmick that gets used in every boss fight
You played like the first 40 minutes of the game and somehow sucked ass at it despite admitting to grinding a shitload, and then proceeded to make wild assumptions about the state of the rest of the game. You're a shitposter, user; nobody should take you seriously.

worst castlemania

Man, PoR does some things really right yet other things not so much. I love the idea of the special moves JOHNATHAN gets, like the dodgeroll and flying knee thing, but they're damn hard to pull out consistently when you need em.

>CotM starts off good, but is a badly designed mess overall, if you're a Megaman fan, I bet you're one of those fags that thinks X6 is good.
You're as good at writing sentences as you are at Castlevania games, user.

Attached: 1534743682052.png (892x940, 472K)

>make assumptions
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THATS NOT HOW IT FUCKING GOES FUCKING SHITPOSTER FAGGOOOOOT
Yeah, I'll make sure to take a note that OoE fags have autism and anger easily.

user the only one sperging and tarding out is you.

Doubt it, I'm probably a lot better at Castlevania than I am at proper sentences and grammar.

>Literally cant make it pass the 3rd boss
:^)

And yet you were too shit to beat CotM and you spent half of your time in OoE grinding. I really doubt it user, you are a self-admitted shitter.

Attached: 1534413883243.png (157x156, 4K)

I'm not, you're the ones who immediately started throwing out insults because I didn't like your game. I didn't outright call the game shit at first like the other guy, I said I didn't think it was good for reasons listed, and it went from there until I gave the gitgud fag a snarky response, and suddenly you all go apeshit.

>literally refuses to read
Here's you (You) I know you were really hoping for it.

watching a streamer struggle against what i assume is the second zangetsu fight, actually looks fairly challenging

user calm down, just because you're bad at Castlevania doesn't make you a bad person. Your shit taste, on the other hand...

Attached: 1534660595449.jpg (800x1083, 231K)

>I'm not,
You definitely are, user. Because you're the guy who wrote this post:
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THATS NOT HOW IT FUCKING GOES FUCKING SHITPOSTER FAGGOOOOOT

The only people who type shit like that are mad niggers sperging and tarding out.

I probably could beat CotM if I had any desire to go back to it, like I said, I only gave it a single shot.
I grinded in every Dark Souls game too because I hate long boss fights, feel free to get upset about that too.

>I probably could beat CotM
You could probably get a life, too. But neither of these things will ever happen.

Attached: 1553940006218.png (519x600, 206K)

>there's a shard that lets you see how many HP enemies have left
fucking casual shit

No, I type that shit out to try and get through to you how retarded you sound. Clearly it hasn't worked, but oh well, I tried.

You did a pretty bad job of it then because it just made you look like a mad sperg. You should quit while you're behind.

Hollow Knight's better.

You could stop being a shitter as well.
But that's not going to happen.

do you think miriam gets embarassed when she runs and her tits are so full of milk you just hear loud SLOSH SLOSH SLOSH noises

You're right about me never getting what is considered to be a real life, I've already come to terms with that years ago, since my life's goal just consists of experiencing as many video games as I can.
And I bought a body pillow recently, further solidifying my fate.

subscribed

Hollow knight isnt sexy though

>You're right about me never getting what is considered to be a real life
Holy shit dude this is getting sad

Attached: 1534386127224.png (650x706, 695K)

Nah, I'll keep going because I'm not the one who's in the wrong here. It could have ended at me just not liking OoE, but you fags started sperging out over it.

Anyone beaten it yet? Is it gud

Hollow knight has shit music.

Really? I actually laughed a bit at that, because I'm happy with it. I'm just focused on doing what I want to do, and I now get to go to sleep with my waifu, which has given me a much better rest each night.

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 1527898161777.jpg (1600x1326, 1.09M)

Nah, HK has great music. I don't get why these two titles are in some sort of Yea Forums competition though, they're pretty different other than superficial elements and belonging to the same broad genre of 2D action/adventure

>I don't get why these two titles are in some sort of Yea Forums competition though
Because fanboys are abundant on Yea Forums, if 2 things have certain similarities, they should be compared against each other and you're not allowed to like both, you have to pick a side and shit on the other.

Its hilarious since Yea Forums shitposted about HK relentlessly and dubbed any positive thread a work of shills. I think crowdfunded games just chaff this board's ass (well, maybe just games in general).

fug this thread has me so close to buying it

I never understood this mentality you should be happy you're getting more of the genre you like

holy shit

Attached: 56841698541651561.png (835x467, 504K)

Did you mean conception?

To be fair, I can't entirely blame Yea Forums for disliking crowdfunded games in general, it seems like the past few years have made it clear that there are huge problems with crowdfunding as a model generally. We all make fun of Mighty No. 9, but even better-handled projects can blow themselves up on essentially a whim with the backers being able to do nothing at all. I used to go to x-com general on vg (/xcg/) and we were all hoping Phoenix Point would revive us, but then Julian went over to Epic and put the last nail in our coffin. And then just recently Shenmue 3 got bought out by those guys as well. And a little while ago we were all talking about how Barkley 2 was just straight-up dead in the water. KS has had some successes but god damn do the failures hurt.

I want to drink her cursed milk for the rest of my life!

Attached: Miriam Mammaries.jpg (1563x1944, 330K)

Not to mention the inherent cucking it is that they're getting an interest free loan from you yet you don't get to share in the profits.

That's one thing Phoenix Point did right. Fig offers "backer investment" as well as normal backing, like you can put in a minimum of 500 dollars (I think) and then get the promise of a return. They said in an email that fig investors already saw a 91% return after the epic deal, so naturally the investors are much, much less angry about it than the backers.

Anons, Ready to wield the Cheesygrim once more?

Attached: Crissaegrim is back.gif (728x408, 2.69M)

I was actually going to add to my post that I was wondering if anyone has done a REAL crowdfund in that backers with decently significant backers got legal entitlement to profit sharing if the game was successful, even if we're talking about a minuscule fraction of one percent scaled to how invested you were.

is it any good?

Metriodvanias used to be one of my favorite genres, but nowadays I'm not so sure they hold up conceptually. There's something appealing to that sense of progression when your character can level up and acquire new abilities, but all the backtracking through levels you've gone through multiple times already while not adding extra obstacles or tougher enemies has to be the definition of padding things out in a cheap way.

>I got over this genre so it no longer works
Thanks for sharing user

from what ive seen in streams, you can get it really early and its not broken in this game

I honestly wonder if 'microinvesting' might be what crowdfunding ought to be. With crowdfunding, the only thing you "get" is the game at the end of it all, meaning you see absolutely no benefit if the game is delayed or if it changes anything, and in fact lose money because of inflation (X dollars you backed for is worth more when you put it in than when your game releases eventually). But if there was some way to microinvest, like putting in 40 dollars entitles you to some super tiny fraction of the eventual profits, it would at least give you some way to beat inflation.

I'm worried the Switch version will be garbage, should I just buy the PS4 version?

Attached: 1534210571539.jpg (254x190, 12K)

>meaning you see absolutely no benefit if the game is delayed
You get a better game, in the case of Bloodstained. Also didn't backers get COTM?

You shouldn't be worried about the inferior version being worse.

Yeah, they did. I guess that's another thing Bloodstained did right, CotM is a really great throwback to CV3.

AHAHAHAH you mean the castlevania where you can kill the final boss by instagibbing him with spells? OoE is low on the castlevania totem pole.

Yes unless you really like playing portable like me

Everything I've seen of it looks great. Not everything has to be shit

Maximum Comfyvania.

Do we have a real comparison between the Switch and PS4 versions yet?

I hope it's good but goddamn do I hate 2.5D, and I've heard the soundtrack is bland which is a big boner killer IMO

Holy fuck.

Attached: 1560476862101.jpg (338x338, 17K)

>The gameplay is 1:1 with SotN
That's not a good thing. SOTN is over 20 years old and was bloated and 2ez. Also, the art direction clearly isn't 1:1 and that's an even worse offender.

>2ez
irrelevant when bloodstained has two difficulty levels above normal

Who says the OST is bland? It's pretty good

The gameplay being 1:1 is a good thing because SotN plays the best out of all of them, no other vania feels as good, but Bloodstained nailed it.

Then it's not 1:1 with SOTN and that's good. We'll see though. I have no interest in grinding.

the music's alright, i havent spotted any actual big bangers but it goes well with the game

>bangers
I hate zoomers

torrent's up on private trackers

im 28, i bet you must be fun at parties though

Attached: 02.png (1280x678, 787K)

Leave the reputation of crowdfunded games to me

Attached: time flies.jpg (944x430, 67K)

28 With the mind of a zoomer

sure

Wait, did they give out Steam Keys or not?

Is bangers a zoomer term? I feel like I've heard people use this term in the 90's.

Did pc players get this shit yet?
If not I'll just start playing on switch

Then maybe this game isn't for you.

it is 100% a boomer term

>mods might not be out in the first week
I saw screenshots of Miriams with yellow eyes. Is that confirmed now, that you can change eye colors by default?

Attached: 1560647072785.jpg (1018x1440, 287K)

All IGAvanias are casual, SotN is incredibly easy and so are all the others. Try Draculas Curse, pussy

Yeah you can change hair style color and skin color too

The problem is actually that the Alucard proposal wasn't approved. Kojima convinced Konami to back Mercury Steam's at the time unrelated project as the future of the Castlevania series. At that point Iga stopped proposing new titles because the board had lost faith in his team and likely wouldn't approve them to begin with, and they'd all essentially been demoted to working on mobage.

It's not that they couldn't afford her. She was busy with other projects. They got her to do what she had time for.