Pathfinder:Kingmaker

Name a bigger casual filter.
Literally the savior of cRPG in the last decade.
Slav devs truly are SOUL incarnate.

Attached: pf enhanced.jpg (1920x1080, 883K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109
youtube.com/watch?v=TX4_r5YPJ_Y
nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109?tab=files
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pillars of Eternity saved the cRPG genre. If it weren't for PoE's success, Pathfinder wouldn't even have been made.

>RTwP
no

>Want to play a bow ranger
>Know that you get a decently built ranger already
Ugh, why is character creation so hard.

>decent
Ekundayo has a massively overpowered point buy

is this the studio's first game?
scale and aim is admirable but everything surrounding it feels janky

>"""""enhanced""""" edition
>run into bugs that existed since launch not even an hour into my new playthrough
It's a good game but slavs can't code for shit

Shit cartoony ass game that looks like WoW if they sharpened the graphics a bit.

pleb lmao

Pillars are shit.

t. 3 INT
>muh grafix

Attached: alchemist.jpg (750x1030, 126K)

This game is passable but tremendously overated on Yea Forums and it's purely because the devs are le based slavs.

>game absolutely full of trash, poorly balanced options which the community likes to dress up as "trap options" as if to imply it's some kind of intentional design when it isn't
>tremendously generic setting which is basically just D&D with some name changes
>writing and plot barely even exist
>brainless trash fights around every corner

Deadfire is considered the superior game literally everywhere other than here.

>rtwp
No one in their right mind will give it the time of day.

this game is only playable with the turn based mod sadly

>>game absolutely full of trash, poorly balanced options which the community likes to dress up as "trap options" as if to imply it's some kind of intentional design when it isn't
>>tremendously generic setting which is basically just D&D with some name changes
To be fair, they are using pathfinder as a base game. That's just part of the shit that is the 3.pf era

>Deadfire is considered the superior game literally everywhere other than here.
It most certainly isn't.
To the point they both had similar player numbers, except Deadfire was a flop whereas Kingmaker wasn't since it didn't blow up its budget on shit like ship combat and tons of voice acting.

>writing and plot barely even exist
The sense of adventure is there, and there's tons of text, far more dialogue based choices than Deadfire based on alignment, even something as simple as Kingdom Management carries many a difference via text in how you solve them and who do you put as the respective advisor.

>tremendously generic setting which is basically just D&D with some name changes
The same could literally be said about a lot of PoE themes. Pathfinder never tried to be a super special setting, it's meant to be D&D copypasta.

>game absolutely full of trash, poorly balanced options which the community likes to dress up as "trap options" as if to imply it's some kind of intentional design when it isn't
Not at all, and you have to be braindead to think so. THe game is extremely easy on Normal difficulty, the difference is unlike most other current year rpgs it requires a semblance of strategy and preparation gameplay wise, and knowledge of the rules it's based on.
Nevermind the fact the difficulty is highly modular and customizable, but zoomer casual garbage is mad since they're too prideful not to play on but the highest difficulties.

>brainless trash fights around every corner
The same could be said about PoE.

its not about the quality of graphics its the style, but im sure you are too retarded to understand that

I love this game but I wish my first playthrough hadn't bugged out in the last chapter, replaying it isn't the same now that I'm not dealing with the problems on the fly.

I downloaded this earlier. Anything I should know?
Last time I played a game at all similar to this was Arcanum when I was a wean.

If you get a ranger take favored enemy fey favored terrain first world asap

>reduce difficulty to put enemy stats at "normal"
>owlbear still has 46 strength
this is literal bullshit and you'll never convince me otherwise

There is a turn based mod for pathfinder?
That's a serious game changer for me, how does it work?

Isn't he like a 32 point buy?

turns it into a turn-based game
all the rules were designed for turn based already so it feels natural
nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109

FEY GENOCIDE, BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

1. The game is meant to be played with 6 party members instead of 4.
2. You find a ton of absurdly powerful enchanted magic gear.
3. Owlbears have garbage reflex and will and fall prey to any non Fort CC with easy so long as you aren't a low INT fag who doesn't know how to debuff. They literally can only attack, that's all they can do.

>struggling massively at the start of chapter 2
>find ekundayo randomly
>literally killing trolls in 2 rounds

>It most certainly isn't.
Kingmaker has 70% positive on steam, 73 metacritic. Deadfire has 81% on steam, 88 on metacritic.

>The sense of adventure is there
This one i'll give you because it's pretty much the game's sole saving grace.

>The same could literally be said about a lot of PoE themes.
Only somewhat true for the original PoE since this was slightly offset by the renaissance-ish setting. I can't think of any other RPG with the same sort of polynesian fantasy setting Deadfire has.

>The same could be said about PoE.
Yeah, the first one which was criticized heavily for it. Deadfire gutted trash fights almost entirely. Just look at the first dungeon in Kingmaker with its fucking centipedes round every corner giving 9xp to waste your time.

>You can easily achieve 40+AC in this game on your frontline fighters
>Enemies having high hit values to compensate isn't somehow fair
Just use buffs you nig.

Fuuuuck, now I can finally enjoy this game, you've made me a very happy man user, I truly thank you.
Never thought somebody would end up actually making this kind of mod.

>Owlbears are stronger than the Tarrasque
No wonder kingdoms in the stolen lands keep falling.

youtube.com/watch?v=TX4_r5YPJ_Y
>turns a 2 minute encounter into a 9 minute one
Jesus fucking christ, I get this is more true to the tabletop but this game is long enough as it is. I can't imagine going though the whole game like this.

Attached: 1361597026945.jpg (100x174, 7K)

Fuck Feys, gotcha. Thanks guys.

Attached: 1555203034990.gif (141x141, 480K)

>turns a 2 minute unreadable encounter where you dont know what the fuck is happening into a clear 8 minute encounter
That said, it's still in early stages. The last patch for example sped up casting animations.

If P:K was built with TB in mind the fight could last around 2-3 minutes easily though, because there's tons of stuff the modder probably won't be able to do (such as concurrent turns)

where can I find some druid master of the elements/weather master build?

yes, and yes, benign game design is now a casual filter, from assholes who won't admit they quick loaded as much as the rest of us.

HOWEVER

There is a secret ending that is quite literally "Fuck a Fey" I won't go further into it cause I don't know exactly how to get it

>Literally fucking a fey
Dunno how to feel about that one, Dumbledore

Get spell focus Evocation to enhance your call lightning shit or similar blaster spells.

The issue is not the low xp (the biggest xp rewards are from quests in the end, though monster xp piels up). Centipedes are there as an attrition battle because of their poison. There is a purpose to them.

> The game is meant to be played with 6 party members instead of 4.
so increase the number of enemies you fight. inflating stats fucks up class balance even more than it was to begin with.
>You find a ton of absurdly powerful enchanted magic gear.
meaningless because stats from gear doesn't stack with stats from buffs
>They literally can only attack, that's all they can do.
so just like a fighter pc that's a worse character than the druid's pet because of shit balance. non-magic characters should be stronger in video games where you can't use magic "creatively" but owlcat made them even more niggers of the system than tabletop.

40 ac is meaningless when the enemy has +32 to hit and attacks 4 times a round.

>meaningless because stats from gear doesn't stack with stats from buffs
Different types of stat enhancements/properties. You have gear with even Insight bonuses in game.

>so just like a fighter pc that's a worse character than the druid's pet because of shit balance. non-magic characters should be stronger in video games where you can't use magic "creatively" but owlcat made them even more niggers of the system than tabletop.
stop pretending to be retarded. Martials are incredibly strong in the game due to accurate size increasing mechanics and some of the best feats being implemented, nevermind once again weapons with crazy properties.

>40 ac is meaningless when the enemy has +32 to hit and attacks 4 times a round.
40 AC is something you can get at level 6-7.
End game AC is 60+
Nevermind Blur, Displacement/Greater Invis, CC.

> inflating stats fucks up class balance even more than it was to begin with.
It doesn't fuck class balance unless you are one of these crazies who thinks a party based game in its inception should be balanced around solo play.

>meaningless because stats from gear doesn't stack with stats from buffs
Yes, they do. Well ,not always since buffs from the same source do not stack. But many spells do not give just enchancemnent bonuses, same for gear.
Also, if you think a fighter does not eventually outclass any pet (even meme smilodon), you suck ass at character building.

There are like 6 different sources plus the untyped bonuses.

Also, by the time the enemy has +32 to hit, you will not only have more than 40 AC, you will have Displacement, Stoneskin etc. Not even touching enemy debuffs.

All in all, very poor understanding of mechanics

This. Isometric CRPGs should have stayed dead.

So what's the best class to play?

>Different types of stat enhancements/properties.
still doesn't matter. armor bonus doesn't stack with ghost armor. shield bonus doesn't stack with shield spell. amulet of natural armor doesn't stack with barkskin. ring of protection doesn't stack with anything that gives a deflection bonus. 90% of your gear doesn't stack with buffs.
>Martials are incredibly strong in the game
they're shit becuase they're entirely reliant on debuffs from other characters to do their basic job of hitting things until they die before losing all their hp. even a fully min-maxed barbarian will lose badly 1on1 to a supposedly appropriate cr enemy.
>40 AC is something you can get at level 6-7.
not true and even early in the game you are fighting enemies that don't care about 40 ac. the troll boss has +27 to hit which hits 40ac 40% of the time.

On normal and below? Anything you want.
On challenging up to hard and assuming you use default companions, not custom ones? Either a tank build or a full arcane spellcaster.

Using custom ones? Anything you want, only a bit efficiently.

Any class that can sneak attack is overpowered. Arcane Trickster is the most overpowered because it can sneak attack with very high damage limited cast spells. They absolutely trivialize any difficult encounter when built right.

>Layer out some metamagic Hungry Pit and Grease before a big fight
>Bait all the mobs in with Ekuns pet
>The mobs charge unwittingly to their doom
>Those who dont get consumed by the pit face the grease and vice versa
>mfw
The Pitax palace is still annoying as fuck holy shit.

Attached: 1503408279596.jpg (863x752, 249K)

Bro you know the DC of monsters is designed for a full party right? A DC2 bandit doesn't mean the bandit will 1v1 a level 2 character with a questionable result, it means the bandit is designed for a full party of level 2 characters. All characters need each other to do their jobs, that's how the game is designed.

>15 FPS at lowest settings
T-they said it works with integrated graphics...

Attached: C81F9F65-AF37-46C2-9653-BF83996A7E12.jpg (190x293, 26K)

You already have displacement as a buff by the time you reach that boss fight, and any of his saves besides fortitude sucks ass. You can land lv2 debuff spells and make the fight a joke.

You have a very simplistic 'ac vs attack bonus' mentality. Also, mi maxed barbarian is one of the weakest martial builds and the ystill get the job done.

You speak like someone who saw the numbers and made assumptions instead of playing the game

you literally never fight a single bandit with your full party. you have your party fighting against 6 trolls or 5 owlbears or 4 invisible spiders plus 2 treeniggers. if I build my character to be the best possible melee fighter I expect him to at least hold his own against an equal percentage of the enemy group.

Well, it WORKS.
But why the fuck would you expect it to run decently?

Hargulka is a casual filter for a lot of people because if you're Good aligned you have to do the fight for real and most people by that point have only figured out to send Valerie in first.

The difference is those owls, trolls, and spiders don't buff each other while your team does. Your team is more effective than their team, but their individuals are more effective than your individuals.

why do I see druids pick up 1 level of monk?

Judging from you examples and understanding of mechanics, what you thought was the bess possible melee fighter (which is not a thing, since there are like 5-6 different roles a character can fulfill in melee in the first place) was probably mediocre and you are a retard who sends them to deal with things one on one.

I thought I could get at least 30 I had the min requirements

Wisdom based bonuses (since base druid is a Wisdom spellcasting class). I guess they did it for saves or defense bonuses for a melee druid build.

Wisdom to AC + monk bonuses apply to unarmed strikes in wildshape. It's mostly for druids that plan to use wildshape a lot. Pure caster druids don't dip monk.

even with displacement you have a 60% chance of getting hit at least once because the enemy attacks like 4 times a turn and getting crit once is enough to kill you even with high con.
>You can land lv2 debuff spells and make the fight a joke.
did you even read what I wrote? martial characters are shit because they're helpless without debuffs from spellcasters who can do pretty much everything on top of that. a minmaxed wizard can debuff the enemy, keep one of them out of the fight, and tank a third almost as well as your fighter. meanwhile your fighter isn't going to do anything but die by himself.

Like, for that fight to need more than one reload a most (because getting caught of guard by Tartuk casting haste is reasonable), you would also need to not have jubilost, an arcane spellcaster to debuff him, lacking a decent melee character or Lacking Ekun(with Devourer of Metal optimally). How can you fuck all these up?

I have killed Harkulga with a hasted Amiri wielding trollreaper, with Ekun using Devour of Metal and with my own strength vivisectionist character before spellcasters had a chance to land a SINGLE DEBUFF. We are talking about 3 separate instances here.

Granted, they had buffs cast on them (haste alone makes a difference(, but they absoulety demolished him while he got a single round off.

Your understanding of the game is ridicusly innacurate. Casters are still the top tier class, but it takes an absolute fucktard to think martials are irellevant or useless.

I beat pillars 1 on potd and pathfinder on hard, but pillars 2 is butt and couldn't get into it. Divinity os2 was too fucking boring, stopped twice after fort joy.

you must have been playing on lowered difficulty or gotten lucky because it's statistically unlikely that you could kill the boss before he could crit at least once.

The game is boring as fuck and the last two chapters are a mind numbing slog. The kingdom management is nothing but an irritating chore, and the companion characters are easily the worst cast of party members ever seen in a CRPG. The fact that anyone found this game acceptable is just proof of how desperate for content CRPG fags are at this point.

I know RTwP is shit, but the story is pretty good. Give it a chance, user. Its worth a pirate at least.

is there a tier list for which romances are the most well written?

Attached: You know WHAT you should BE doing right NOW.png (639x945, 939K)

I can't look at Valerie and not think of Joan. Something about her makes me really think they tried to make someone who at least looks similar to me

Attached: Albert_Lynch_-_Jeanne_d'Arc.jpg (770x1062, 1.07M)

Ain't boring on hard ya pleb

>looks similar to me
J-Joan?

I think it's a given that they made Valerie to look very close to Joan. They made a mistake on the jaw though. Joan has a very feminine face.

cope

you're just shit

As in looks similar to Joan, in my eyes.

Tower of Time is better.

Don't get me wrong: Pathfinder is cool, just not as cool.

hit on 13+ 3 attacks per turn is 80% chance to hit at least once. how many turns does it take to kill him?

that's not what you should be asking scrub, what you should be asking is how many turns does he get to act before you lock him down and make him useless

Yeah, it is. If you know how to powergame the pathfinder system the game is not hard, which is actually one of the issues the game had, the devs assumed everyone who played the game would know how to do that, and overbloated the stats on everything to counter this. Of course, it doesn't do shit since you still roll over everything if you know how to build characters, while the plebs get steamrolled by things they have no clue how to deal with. The encounters in this game aren't intelligent or well put together at all, they are all completely reliant on giving things stats they shouldn't have to make it challenging, rather than designing an actually good fight. The better BG SoA fights still shit all over everything in Pathfinder and that's ridiculous.

I like how you also didn't respond to my other criticisms, because there is no way to defend how bland and lifeless the game world and characters feel. It's utter trash, but then again, so is the source material so that's not surprising. But it was still their choice to use that source material rather than bite the bullet and pay WotC for an actually interesting setting, or create their own.

BG2 has far more unbalanced tier of mobs than Kingmaker could ever hope to, many of which are literally instant death scenarios for anyone who doesn't know the meta or its their first time playing.

You don't have to powergame to win the game at all, my shitty team made it to the final chapter before it bugged out. The enemies don't have inflated stats because of powergamers, they have inflated stats to account for a 6 man party in a system where buff stacking gets retarded.

>Walk into sewers
>Instantly get petrified because I didn't spot a trap
Baldur's Gate had just as much, if not more bullshit than Kingmaker does

I keep trying to get into Pathfinder but I can't for some reason.

I love BG, PST, IWS and PoE. Just can't get into Pathfinder, something about it feels off to me.

>turnbased babie
Lel

>but user I've been playing it for 20 years, so it's okay

??? whatmobs are you talking about?
kangaxx, shadow dragon and firkraag are the only ones i remember and none of them are remotely close to mandatory

I guess you just forgot the entire beholder race spamming imprisonment or the mindlflayers in general, but don't worry user I'll remind you.

If anything I'm angry the cycle has come to an end and we barely had any new class/prc additions which I'm pretty sure is what most would want instead >varn's sidequest of fun

Is the game worth getting into? I played the intro, hated all of the main characters I was introduced to and decided to call it a day

>tfw have to play on easiest difficulty settings because absolute brainlet
>still struggling in some areas
How? This game is fucking disgusting, even 200 hours into it I can't play normal difficulty without balding

Attached: 1514842096938.jpg (916x1024, 148K)

Eldritch Scion Magus. You could go with 1 level of Scalrd Fist Monk, the two feats (Dragon Style and Dragon Ferocity which requires 5 Mobility ranks) and 4 levels of Dragon Disciple to be a real ball buster, but you honestly dont have to. It's good enough as is. Pump strength

There are like 7 or 8 others including a couple of the best ones to be found later, keep playing.

really? im a total retard, didnt even know the AD&D rules when I played BG2 and I got past them without much trouble.

might have had the scrub shield

I had the same opinion. The starting companions are fucking horrible and it can be hard finding new ones 'cause they're scattered throughout the world and some in optional locations.
Personally I liked Nok Nok the best.

Just figure out how to win one fight, then do the same thing every time.

Attached: received_463393241094446.jpg (792x960, 68K)

Zoomie detected. Go back to your pleb games, you got absolutely filtered by a chad Slavs literally destroying your anus.

I seriously hope this is b8 m8

I need some good male human druid portraits.
Post'em, I already have the memedon one.

Attached: Erastilknight.png (1191x1535, 1.67M)

>RTwP
>greatest anything
hahaha

D:OS2 is the greatest cRPG of the last decade and it's not close.

>OS 2
>cRPG
kek

Attached: 1556642196664.jpg (752x1063, 95K)

Not quite, I did get to the realm of the green goblin on my first playthrough playing not entirely on easiest settings but yea, I'm still struggling everywhere

But shit like deleveling ghost pirates and spider swarms that only take blunt damage for no good reason completely drain me of my will to live

Attached: 333333333333.png (953x325, 330K)

You didn't just name the dullest CRPG of all time did you? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

>deleveling ghost pirates
Death Ward

>spider swarms that only take blunt damage
It's elemental damage, usually.
Swarms are only an issue the very first time you meet them in that cave (and they remodeled it since people kept complaining even after numerous free giveaways by Bokken) so now you don't even have to fight them to get the berries.
After that whenever you meet swarrms you're far higher leveled with weapons that deal elemental damage on hit, multiple attacks, better spells, buffs etc

i couldnt beat the game because of the chain stunning elves at the end of the game, is it worth replaying it?

>chain stunning elves
user... Freedom of Movement would literally nullify that.

SIROCCO
I
R
O
C
C
O

>overated on Yea Forums
it's literally just one shill spamming threads asking to cuck him by romancing his waifu

Yea the swarms are no actual issue since you can just ignore the quest until way later, still annoying though since I prefer to do things when I get to them instead of coming back later when I'm more powerful

OS2 is unironically horrible. I love that it's turn based but the systems are fucking shit.
Hopefully 5e dnd fixes that.
>Inb4 they change everything and it's barely recognizable 5e

Well, for the early game swarms you just need to spam lots of alchemist flasks, that's about it.

Larian will probably streamline the fuck out of BG3 mechanics, unlike what Owlcat did, even if they make it turn based.

>throw a bottle at the swarm
>miss or 1 damage
>these fucks have like 30 hp

Which is why I said lots.
They can't really do anything if you just leave a single character like Valerie surrounded by them.
It also helps if you have a character that can cast True Strike like a mage, if you cast it then throw a pot you pretty much one shot them as they take full damage from the main hit and they have fire vulnerability

nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109?tab=files

You're welcome.

Neat if that actually works
I never know what to play in these kinds of games, melee usually sucks, almost no cRPG acommodates a pure summoner and mages are no fun early game and who the fuck plays ranged or stealth

But rtwp is literally the zoomer option user

Just play monster tactician, literally a dedicated melee summoner.

It does. Even on Hard they don't have enough AC to avoid a flask throw via True Strike
unless you roll a 1

Attached: 1.jpg (960x540, 91K)

>monster tactician
Really? I'll almost have to check that out
Is it any good though?

>Tristain is now blind

Now what, any way to make him just spam the increased stats ability?

If you're suggesting Baldur's Gate is a zoomie game you can think again you tard.

Summoner is pretty broken in this game. Monster tactician just summons hordes of shit with crazy buffs. Melee like other crpgs need to be autistic ally tailored but are broken when done so.

Look up gold box games retard. Rtwp IS the zoomer option. Literally the first rtwp game.

From what I've been told it's broken as shit. Most summons last 1 round per level, but monster tactician's summons last 1 minute per level instead and benefit from your teamwork feats.

didn't buy this game cause it was a little expensive
then i saw the reviews on steam, oh boy
guess i won't be getting this one!
Divinity Original Sin 2 was pretty dank btw

Bait.

When it first came out it was pretty funny.
>why is ranged so bad? the fuck is that feat?
>i slept why isn't my health and mana all the way full again
>why doesn't my sword do damage to this swarm?

>wtf I'm blind and it won't go away with rest?
>nani I just went to sleep and suddenly got ambushed by a demilich at level 2, nice balance game!

That actually sounds incredible, I'll check it out

The game feels primitive when compared to aurora engine games of 20 fucking years ago.
The difficulty level is also comical considering how they accomplish it by just padding the stats of tabletop enemies.
>here's your free +5 atk bro don't worry about it
>we're making the game tactically dynamic
rofl

>Just finished the Amiri and Tristain story quests
>Playing as sorcerer with usual party of Valerie, Amiri, Tristain and a rotating 5th and 6th slot on normal
>Getting the reroll itch

Please stop me, I've been thinking about restarting on a higher difficulty as either a summoner or some sort of shapeshifter. Are shapeshifters any good?

I like the character building, but feel like the game is asking me to abuse the AI and prebuff like a motherfucker. Or do munchkin bullshit.

I'm sure it'll get better later because low level D&D is tedious dogshit across the board.

>The difficulty level is also comical
Comical is what one would call the absolutely braindead difficulty of NWN1&2

There's a balance between walkover and a level 5 party of 6 fighting fucking plants with AC36.
The realtime/pause gameplay of kingmaker isn't any better than it was 20 years ago. The difficulty comes exclusively from inflated die checks.
It's actual and I uninstalled in the middle of chapter 2 after things stopped being so hard (by getting a party full of people I actually wanted and stupid amounts of loot) then the game went right back to being a buff then walkover affair.
That's what I mean when I say it feels primitive compared to now ancient aurora engine games. Tiny little maps. Stupid fucking AI. 20 years on.

Kingmaker definitely has my favorite exploration system and world map so far out of any of these games. I really don't see how people can complain about pathfinder and like dnd though. They are virtually the same thing.

there are some legitimate grievances with respect to the balance of the game imo.
like, the amount of ability/level drainage in the game as a whole is absolutely absurd.

> ability/level drainage in the game as a whole is absolutely absurd.
Not when you have access to Delay Poison as soon as 3 and Death Ward as soon as 7.
Both wholly negate these, and the first lasts for 1 hour of real time.

Thats not divinity

dos2's level / gear / stat inflation on level up is terrible. Every class having a teleport button negates ground effect spells/map hazards entirely.

Pathfinder feels like DnD with extra stuff tacked on for better or worse. I like that theres more to unpack, but I don't think I like the ability level up as a different class at each level. Just feels a little cheesy.

Divinity is like the easiest crpg I've ever played. If anything it's a casual signifier.

Did they announce a release date for the Switch port yet?

>Pathfinder
pleb filter indeed

Attached: 1557785649751.jpg (654x655, 21K)

Kill your family and then yourself

Why do people unironically hate rtwp so much?
I've always found both it and turn based very fun, except it's a lot more suited for games with many battles and enemy hordes.

It doesn't incentivise playing or planning smart, it incentivises playing and planning lazy, to take the path of lowest APM and fastest alpha strikes.

I've never played BG2. Should I play the first game as well?

Because fighting hordes gets fucking tedious when they require micro and prebuffing. I honestly don't mind the rtwp in Pillars 2 because they at least attempted to make fights not generic garbage, and they slowed the combat down enough that you aren't pausing to micro every two seconds.

Its not an issue with rtwp itself, its an issue with the game design choices that usually accompany it.

Yes.

How much flavor text do you get for your deity? Or if you follow the same sandnigger God as Tristan?

FFX's setting is heavily influenced by South East Asia and Polynesia, just an fyi.

Flavor text for character creation options is really damn limited. They focused on alignment dialogue instead.

you said you beat him without debuffs though

you powergame pathfinder the same way you do d&d 3.5, with save or die and save or suck spells. it's fucking lame and instead of making non-casters better they made them even more useless.

literally the entire game can be summed up with
>x is fucking bullshit
>haha just use spell y that totally trivializes it
3rd edition d&d and everything it spawned was a giant mistake

Eh not really, enemies have high saves in this game. Stinking cloud and cloud kill are busted because no AI but most of the game is using a bunch of buffs so your martial walk over the enemy.

And the same is true for BG//2e.
I don't know about first edition since I never played it.

>Deadfire is considered the superior game literally everywhere other than here

Except among all those people that didn't purchase the game.

Lol at JS post-mortem.

I like dead fire gameplay but a lot of the time the story gets in the way which feels dumb to say but the writing does not facilitate good gameplay at all you spend so much fucking time TALKING and it’s not like it’s boring talk but I don’t like gaining several levels solely off running around the main city and hitting the diplomacy option.

Why is Yea Forums so intent to shill this broken pile of garbage game every single hour of every single day?

Attached: 1511475452569.jpg (612x708, 175K)

You can toggle the mod on/off easily in game. I turn it off for shit I auto-attack steam roll and on for anything remotely threatening.

I

>get stuck almost immediately after leaving Oleg's
Maybe I AM a casual.

What's the meta in the battles for this game? It's my first non-turn based cRPG.

Attached: 1542956595852.jpg (600x500, 68K)

love when turn based shitters seethe.

That painting was literally what they devs based her on. The jawlines are near identical.

>pick an obviously evil choice like letting the slaves die or a good one like making Valerie accept her stupid trial
>get good/evil options to rationalize or further the choice afterwards
The alignment dialogue is pretty underrated honestly, they put a lot of effort into that shit.

Yeah, it's a serious flaw with the 3.x systems, casters are so much better than non casters it's insane. What's really crazy is D&D players got mad when 4E actually made every class relevant because it was too "video gamey" to not have casters run the show from top to bottom. Fucking idiots.

The problem with 4E is that it made everyone a caster. A fighter basically had a spell book with the amount of attacks it had.

Sorry, I turned the difficulty to story mode for Higulka and Tartuk, I was tired of rolling the dice to beat them. Punish me for my casual-ness Yea Forums.

No it didn't. Having save or die spells doesn't make it the same, at all. Mobs in BG had appropriate stats and layouts from the P&P, they didn't have to give them huge buffs and stats beyond actual divine beings to make them threatening. You could argue that's because 3E is inherently a shittier system than 2E, but the fact remains BG had far better encounters and fights, that relied on utilizing the game system to challenge you rather than just piling a ton of stats on an otherwise boring encounter. Pathfinder Kingmaker is the CRPG equivalent of action games that "increase difficulty" by just dropping a ton of extra health on mobs and calling it a day.

why would an experienced fighter only know one way to attack? why do you want to force people who want to play fighters to only attack one way?

Because it's a great and fun game, and literally one of the meatiest RPGs content and replay wise released in the last decade.

If it's so meaty with the content, then kindly explain to me where the fucking whips and spiked chains are.

And? It made everyone relevant in combat encounters and you could roleplay the class choice you wanted, finally, rather than feeling useless because you didn't choose the actually strong classes.

Sounds like an improvement over unga bunga me hit.

Buffing monster stats when you have more than 4 party members is standard and Kingmaker has way more magic items than is level appropriate.

The game unironically has anti-fun programmed into it in almost every aspect, fuck off out of here shill. Anyone who defends the kingdom management as anything approaching fun deserves a punch in the mouth.

Summoners and shapeshifters any good?

I always play a standard caster as my player character but I wouldn't mind branching out a bit, what are some weird/fun combos?

They nerfed casters in kingmaker though.

>anti-fun programmed into it in almost every aspect, fuck off out of here shill
>time limits are extremely generous
>difficulty is highly customizable
>kingdom management has had many qol features, can even be set to literally automatic autowin
>anti-fun
Stop being bad, unironically.

>kindly explain to me where the fucking whips and spiked chains are.
While they might not be in, it's by far the D&D tier game with the biggest amount of weapon types including whimsical shit you'd never see anywhere else like gnome hooked hammers, and ever since the latest big patch you also find enchanted versions of even these literallywho weapons in the loot tables

Buffing monsters to the point where Owlbears have more strength than the fucking Tarrasque is not standard, no.

Only in that they are weaker than pnp and the same can be said about every other dnd crpg.
Except in Kingmaker you actually get spells with effects accurate to pnp so a Color Spray from a level 1 mage trivializes the entire first Chapter low level mobs, whereas a Stinking Cloud as soon as level 5 trivializes content up to level 20 end game mobs due to how powerful it is.
The only thing they're missing out are some classic level 9 spells yet it doesn't matter much when lower level spells are the most powerful they've ever been outside of simulacrum/triggers/contingencies/sequencers in BG2

Bullshit. If you build casters correctly they rip everything apart in Pathfinder. If you don't use the shitty companions and build a full party of Druids/Wizards/Clerics the game is a a cakewalk.

I really like Pathfinder, but I love BASED Chad Sawyer working RPGCodex autistic outrage dicklets into a shoot.

But in Kingmaker an Owl has less attack than a Tarrasque by a lot still

Yes but are there waifus?

You can't even imagine.

What if I'm playing as a girl?

You mean besides the tiefling twin whores who are up for a threesome and later you can marry both of them and also impregnate one of them and one even is into tailplay which the game does actually states in dialogue?
And they just happen to be the most broken class in the game.

They are also up for it. But you lose on prostate tail play

Attached: pf tiefling waifu2.png (1280x800, 583K)

Whoa. whoa. no fucking monster shit. Are there HUMAN (or at least elf) waifus?

I just realized I don't think there's any prominent elf characters in this game. Octavia is an elf I think but it never really comes up.

Oh man, wish I had seen this portrait before.

Attached: kaessi.jpg (1920x1080, 532K)

Jaethal but she sorta sucks.

no they are all disgusting. one is an edgy paladin who went to gangbangs just to ruin herself. another is a swinger elf with a literal cuck orc boyfriend.

There's a half-elf slut named Octavia (she fucks a half-orc), but really the closest you can get to a girl while you're playing as a girl is Tristian.

I love Kanerah so much. SHE'S THE BEST

They're also actually a pretty good storyline. The whole twin sisters that alternate from in a pocket plane is neat from what I've seen

There's a half elf Octavia you can bang and also cuck a half orc at the same time.
If you're a dude, Valerie the Joan of Arc copy (without the actual pleasant personality) is around

The only elf, is undead and calls relationship stuff and sex totally pointless to her because she can't feel anything

Better then DND now days.

This is like watching paint dry. Holy fuck. How do you D:OS faggots handle this shit during every trash mob fight?

I simply kill everything in one turn.

D:OS doesn't have trash mob fights every two feet like Pillars/BG/Pathfinder/IWD.

Talking about that frigid cunt, can you redeem her or does she always gets zapped?

You can turn her into Inquisitor of Pharasma in a 180 turn

Do you have a step by step?

Attached: wait what the fuck val.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

Who's the artist?

A local drawfag

Two handed fighter or Vivisectionist for a first playthrough?

LN or LE?

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is talk her out of killing her daughter to live forever. You lose her until the final dungeon though.

Based drawfags

Kalikke handholding when

>get to the drunken melee as a sorc
>no spells allowed
>that obnoxiously op pitax brawler
>spawn a bunch of skellies in the arena and then trigger the fight
Pitax has a very loose definition of fair play, that's for sure

Why do zoomers need so much spoonfeeding?

Well, the skellies are melee, right?

>start game
>"this ability lets the player deal 5 points of negativite energy toward the enemy reflex stat as long as the caster rolls a 5 and then does a double backflip"
>try to use it on enemy
>"this ability doesn't work like that"
>leave the tutorial area
>suddenly it's a less fun version of Expeditions: Conquistador
dropped.

Is there a mod to remove the invisible timelimits yet?

Imagine sucking so much dick, you get stuck 10 minutes into the game and ask for the "meta" in a singleplayer game lmao

Yes it's called not being a slow fuck.
How are they even invisible? They're all obvious unless you're retarded.

>just speedrun the game
great advice

How is it speedrunning? You get plenty of time for everything, and it's not the game's fault if you decide to dick around when it tells you that everyone is getting murdered and your kingdom is going to shit.

i was really hooked in the first chapter but once i got to the kingdom management part i lost all direction and motivation so i put it down.

>just don't be slow
>like 8 fucking events queued up that each take a week of doing nothing else

And? The game gives you plenty of free time

Who the fuck actually uses Jaethal though seriously? More trouble than she's worth.

This
I got tired of using her before even beating Stag Lord because she needs her own snowflake healing

So this is the power of based slavs, huh. I thought this was supposed to be different from PoE2.

Brainlet opinion.

Scar Valerie is more cute

This is one of those games where 50% of the spell roster is redundant.
Just pick the OP shit and build right

To know how bad this game is, you have to contrast it with a good RPG that came out recently too: Divinity Original Sin 2.

Now Original Sin 1 was a fucking terrible game, worse than Kingmaker by a longshot. Larian's sense of humor is garbage, their writing is only passable, the world is the most basic of basic, and the characters are cringy at times but non-offensive. But they do their own thing and it's obvious they like doing it, plus the gameplay is fun and balanced on every difficulty.

Now Kingmaker on the other hand can best be described as a long line of ticked boxes and stretch goals. Pathfinder system: check, it's not fun but hey we put all the rules in. Pathfinder setting: check, bland and uninspired but you can open up a setting guide or the adventure path and things will line up nicely. Combat, story, characters, dialogue, nothing original, nothing inspired, just checked boxes.

This is basically a soul vs. soulless situation. Adventure paths don't work as games, you can't adapt them, you need a DM to introduce challenge or react to player agency. Kingmaker is a boring ride through a theme park no one cares about.

Did you just get tired of shitposting about PoE or something? Div is really shitty mechanically.

You have to pick very specific conversation options to add to a hidden "approval" meter and not romance any other character in the game.

The guide I read literally had you extract your save file using winzip and ctrl-f one of the jsons inside to find the variable and check if it was high enough.

Fuck the Swordlords and FUCK Restov.

Attached: 1377024292039.jpg (455x628, 64K)

Say that to my face knave and not on Kyonin wizard forum and see what happens.

Attached: KassilAldori.png (692x1024, 988K)

How does it feel like having a shit opinion?

Attached: 2019-06-16 (3).png (758x467, 170K)

So, is ilthuliak an interesting boss?
All I know about her after defeating her is that her level is less or equal to 24, because 2 maximized and empowered energy drains (through Grandmaster's Rod) one shotted her on the spot, and they give -12 levels each.