This game just came out a few days ago

This game just came out a few days ago.

Attached: h2x1_nswitchds_cadenceofhyrulecryptofthenecrodancerfeaturingthelegendofzelda_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a20Dcv6Pza4&list=PLwDEuPBgBi4OZJEtqx-eN86ndand3_sGV
youtube.com/watch?v=rud_qEyRDGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It lacks remixes

yesterday right?
thinking about getting it.

I already beat it
Was fun though, wish there was more content like the dark world being a full map instead of just Ganon's Dungeon/Crypt of the Necrodancer maps reference.

I like it so far. Getting my ass beat in the frozen/Zora dungeon

Finished it earlied today. I thought it was fun

This, it really needs a Dark World. As it is I already mastered it, so I might get Crypt since it's on sale and I liked this.

Cadence having the Triforce of Power is still something that amuses me to no end though.

just get a flail and win my guy

>couldn't find the Zora Flippers
>wait alongside the cliff until a skelly fish is perfectly in position
>sword hop onto the frozen area

I felt like I did some sequence breaking shit right there

It's good. It's nice that they didn't just make CotN, with LoZ characters, items and monsters. An open world was a fun idea.

Cadence doesn't have the Triforce or Power, she has Heart

you could just get the snorkel in a hut in the south, it lets you hide in a water tile and as such you can cross 1 wide water tiles

>Final boss is Ganon out of nowhere
Worst meme

Is there anything you can get for killing all the skull enemies on the map?

Trill notes she has the power of the Triforce when waking Link/Zelda and her power is needed in the Triforce formation along with Link and Zelda to defeat Ganon, and Zelda tells her about the Triforce and combines their power again to grant Cadence's wish. Ganondorf himself was corrupted into Ganon by Octavo's discarded Golden Lute, he's not associated with it here.

So Cadence is just the person who best embodies the Triforce of Power here.

I was enjoying this so I tried Crypt and it's way too hard. I can't beat Zone 2.

You mean get a Spear/Longsword infused with Obsidian and keep a steady beat for maximum damage

I don't think so, they respawn

flail does the job of both the spear and longsword, only difference is that it hits only a single enemy

where can I get it?

>Beat game
>missing 2 heart pieces and a bottle

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So this game isn't intended to match a specific Legend of Zelda game, but just throw a bunch of different shit together, right?

Best meme.

you buy it for 6 diamonds from the guy in the cave on this tile in the top left of the map

Attached: RD76gOc.png (1298x731, 748K)

Yep

Wasn't that interested until I heard that this one chick I follow did one of the boss themes. Knowing her talent, it's gotta be hype.

Just beat the game today, was pretty dope. I've played about 50 hours of Necrodancer so I'm a huge fan of the series. I was actually surprised at how much Cadence of Hyrule felt like a traditional Zelda game, not complaining though.

I'll try another playthrough tomorrow, and see how much things actually change with subsequent plays. I can't imagine there being a ton of replay value, but even the first run was worth the price of admission for me.

I found near the end I had a ton of items I felt like I never had a reason to use, but maybe I'm just not creative enough. As far as killing enemies, once you get an obsidian weapon, it stops being all that difficult to kill regular enemies. Some cane could make blocks, most other things only did short term stuns, etc, didn't see the point.

I'm missing a few heart pieces too, and only have 9 deku nuts somehow, when as I understand it there's supposed to be 20? I assume every seed allows 100% completion, maybe I'm wrong.

K8

How long is this game? 5 hours? 7-10h?

Getting all the seeds and giving them to Tingle unlocks Tingle's friend Yves, the Deku Scrub, as a playable character.

Crypt is definitely pretty ruthless. It's meant to just be played over and over until you know the enemy patterns in and out; definitely a game of learned skill. And also, luck, hoping you get the good armor and weapons early on.

I think it took me like 14 hours to beat the Crypt story the first time. A lot of that is getting the diamonds for the permanent upgrades.

I took my sweet time exploring the whole map, I'd say 5-10 hours is a good estimate. Took me about 8 or so.

Do you only get seeds from each deku scrub once, like a unique drop? How could I have possibly missed so many, if that's the case? Where do you even find them

Attached: brötha.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

My first run was 12 hours, second 8 hours, and I usually try for 100% completion. I died all of twice in my second playthrough, so by the end I had like 5000 rupees, 12 extra keys, and 150 diamonds sitting around useless. Shovels seemed to not decrease in durability when Cadence uses them too, so my autodig shovel just cleared away everything.

Yeah around 4 or 5 hours
>file says 50 hours play time due to a weird bug that doesn't stop time from accruing when paused and in sleep mode

Yes. There are 10 seeds in a hidden grotto in the Lost Woods, look at the walls for which one to bomb.

oooh, Cadence shovels don't break? Neat.

Is there any way to access the "you died, buy some stuff with diamonds" shop without actually dying? There's some helpful permanent upgrades there.

They fucked me in the ass the first time, I'll wait for all this game's DLC is out and a 75% discount

I stumbled into the area when i already had hover boots, so i just walked right in

i liked that they made the monsters in botw style

I think the heart containers/pieces will show up in the shokeeper's shops if you haven't bought them from the Fates' shop. Like I said I only died twice and ended up with all heart containers in the end. Check your map for blue chests to investigate, and always be on the lookout for grottos. Also do bombchu bowling and target shooting once you get the greatbow, since they do give you a bigger quiver/bomb bag.

They only respawn if you die

Nice, just found it. It's on the screen with all the ghosts if anybody was wondering

Or if you clear a dungeon.

I...I was sure I did that one? But only have 9 deku seeds? What the heck

It's more similar to LTTP than anything else, but it has a few things from other games too.

Took me 5 hours to beat it normally, but I'm probably like 15 into the deku shrub mode and likely won't finish that until I reach the 20 hour mark. I've heard rumors that there's a 5th character too so I'll probably have more after that.

There should be 20 total. The first 10 doubles your stamina meter, the second ten unlocks Yves.

>playing Deku Shrub mode
Why would anybody do this to themselves, just unlocked him and dropped him

ooooh, I guess I doubled my meter right off the bat. I suppose that means I'm just missing a single one, then.

...damnit. I scoured the whole map looking for it, too.

Very bored.

Actually having a shitload of fun, although Octavo was a fucking PAIN IN THE ASS
Soooooooooooo much RNG

Why he look so much like Vaati though?

I'm pretty sure the deku nuts show up on the map if you have the treasure charm

As a huge fan of Crypt's soundtrack and also of the entire Zelda series, initially I was a little disappointed with the soundtrack in this game. But after playing through it, I'm definitely finding it all grew on my very quickly.

What's everybody's favorite? Honestly I really love the title screen, and the section in Gerudo Valley with the person playing the organ.

>and the section in Gerudo Valley with the person playing the organ.
That's Ganondorf, by the way

bomb the ghost that has dialogue in the cave with the prince

Zelda fan here. Will I hate this game if I hate rhythmic games? I was told it has some sort of alternate play mode turn based or something?

>space for a 5th character
>doesn't appear to be one

On the plus side, I did find ERROR

I waited for Wizrobe to throw ice and crossed the icey path sliding. This game is BoTW tier.

Attached: whaaaa.png (188x309, 37K)

Turn on fixed beat mode in the options.

And that makes what difference exactly?

It lets you ignore the tempo and play at your own pace.

Is there any downside?

If you play outside of story mode, yeah, there's a mode where it's essentially turn based. When you move, everybody takes their turn.

Also, for what it's worth, I wouldn't consider this or Crypt of the Necrodancer to be "rhythm" games, necessarily. Rhythm-based, perhaps. Rhythm games rely on hitting different notes in different patterns at different speeds. Necrodancer games are consistent quarter notes throughout the entire game. Think of it as turn-based strategy, except you're forced to take your turn roughly twice a second, or else you're slightly penalized. That's all.

You miss out on Obsidian weapons, which use your beat multiplier for getting a good rhythm to do ludicrous damage. But that hardly matters a whole lot since there's plenty of ways to do lots of damage.

You're on journalist mode.

you lose the beat multiplier which does a few things, like giving you better loot and affecting some weapons if you stay in rythm and don't get hit

mean to quote

I wonder what updates this game will get, any ideas?
I'd personally like new areas / dungeons to be added into the generation, or at least bosses.
Also they should scrap the "custom game" thing and just add them as options on the new game menu

The whole thing is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Octavo foresaw Ganon would destroy Hyrule in the future and so stole the Threads of Power, Wisdom, and Courage from the Fates to tune his lute into the Golden Lute. That way he could amass an army to defeat him in the future. The Fates didn't care because they couldn't stop him and because they foresaw Ganon defeating Octavo, and the Triforce bearers defeating both. So Link, Zelda, and Cadence defeat Octavo's army and then Octavo to free Hyrule in the present, and Octavo drops his snapped Golden Lute and flees to the future to try and fight Ganon. He loses.

Meanwhile Ganondorf in the present finds the discarded Golden Lute, repairs it, but is then corrupted by the Lute's power and becomes Ganon, destroying Hyrule in the future. Link, Cadence, and Zelda arrive in the future and defeat Ganon, putting an end to the threat for good.

I'm not really into rhythm stuff. I like action adventure games.

>having issues with the combat since I never played OG necrodancer
>find spear
>suddenly untouchable and clear half of the overworld in one life

Would have liked a more gradual difficulty curve desu. Also I was hyped thinking there would be a second, separate Zelda campaign til I found her in Kakariko and realized that wouldn’t be happening.

Still a good game though. Going in I thought it would be necrodancer with just a Zelda coat of paint, but it’s actually really scratching a lot of the right itches. Makes me wanna play ALTTP again

You should probably pass then

the rythm is just a part of it. It's not the whole, you don't lose anything from having it on. In fact you just gain added content.

you don't get hurt for missing a beat or anything

Has anyone discovered any interesting Seeds to use to set up the map yet? GERUDO guarantees that Gerudo Village spawns to the left which you can then get on a cliff to jump out of the left of the world to reach Error's house, where he's selling some special boots for 500 coins

Does anyone know how to find the Ice Rod? It's the only item I have left to 100% the game

What to do with a "coupon"?

Fair enough. I might just give it a try so

Are there any more purple chests to find on your map?

Sounds really gay. Sorry.

Look for blue chests on your map

I think it's randomised. I got it from a random mini boss.

It isn't really a rhythm game. It's more like pokemon mystery dungeon but you only have so long to take your turn.

Nope, do they respawn if I kill myself?

Is there a ng+ so i can play through with an unlocked character?

The game starts a little differently with Zelda, but other than that, yeah, you can switch between them.

Also I'm inclined to agree. The long range weapons make things too easy. Broadswords are really neat and change the dynamic in interesting ways, but the spear completely annihilates any of the enemies where you have to do the whole back-and-forth.

Necrodancer had this issue a little bit, but the space was a lot more confined and you were a lot more prone to getting surrounded.

Pretty sure I found mine in some random treasure in some random cave.

No NG+ but you can just start a new file on Single Character mode and you can use any unlocked character

They do not, since blue chests contain permanent collectables instead of consumables.

Yes...? Custom mode lets you choose a character from the beginning, and if you've unlocked Yves you can play as him too.

Well, there's no other blue chest in my map, I might just have missed it in one of the dungeons.

I would check the dungeons then, yes. They'll have the missing unloackables.

What if the devs are trolling completionists and every run is missing a single item and a few heart pieces?

I feel like the broadsword, spear and flail should be changed in their spawning behaviour.
Like the glass versions are perfectly balanced, but a permanent one might be too much.

Does anyone have any ideas for how one could change the permanent ones? Make them unable to hit directly in front? Make their special ability based off of stamina?

Give them durability too. As it is I don't even use glass weapons because obsidian ones are much stronger and I can keep the rhythm going.

I wouldn't change them, I think that unbalance, especially in a single player game, is fun

Id say give them as rewards for boss kills. Nothing for first boss killed, then spear, then broadsword, then flail. I found the spear extremely quickly and it almost felt like cheating because the pace of my progress like quadrupled and I no longer had to really pay attention to enemy patterns as much. Not getting it til halfway through the game would’ve been better.

What if you made the spear do half damage on point blank hits?

Ultimately though, yeah, I think any of the non-standard weapons should have durability. It makes engaging with swarms of enemies a lot more fun.

Waiting for it to go on sale. Bought the first one in the meanwhile.
Just unlocked Aria, is this the Dante Must Die mode?

Fuck that, I’d rather they be weaker and only do half heart on hit than make them break like BOTW

I feel like enemy behavior should be changed too. If a Lizalfos charges you can swat it out of its charge with a strike, stunning it, then keep wailing on it. Make it so you can;t do that and are forced to use your shield/Nayru's Love to deflect their attacks instead.

Basically yes

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T FUCKING BEAT HER. THE BEAT IS TOO FUCKING FAST AND THERES TOO MANY MOBS
Aria is hard mode, Coda is Dante Must Die.

Attached: Bosscreen_conductor.png (350x142, 74K)

I could only beat the Conductor with Nocturna, who's basically overpowered from the start.

Kind of have to get lucky and clear out a lot of the power lines right off the bat.

I can understand that, but as it is they are exceedingly powerful weapons that are very easy to get and render the basic swords useless and nullify a ton of enemies.

They could give each weapon a quirk of their own, like the flail makes you take half a heart of damage on missing a beat, the spear has trouble hitting directly in front and the broadsword requires a beat of cooldown or something like that

Initially I was really excited that the fairy fountain enchantments were some one-time thing. You had to pick the type of weapon you wanted to have it, and that's it for the rest of the game.

Pretty disappointed to find you can just go back whenever. It was too easy to get diamonds.

I got a proper 100%, as far as I can tell (two full rows of hearts, no missing items on the items screen, arrow + bomb capacity upgrades). So you're all just bad at the game probably.

It upsets me how much the normalfags are now shitting on the original, despite it being obviously a better game.

If it's the same as Necrodancer 1 it lets you take an item from a shop for free.

lol I only care about this because of zelda. id never touch the series otherwise

im so fucking bad at this game
will it eventually click

I wish this game had released without the Zelda coat of paint, Zelda autists are the worst.

Is it good?

Zelda games are literally the only games I play on Nintendo systems.

Yes, albeit somewhat easy and short. It's good practice for Necrodancer too.

after a while you don't even hear the beat and just feel it naturally. Other then that just play conservatively, it's better to take a while to kill a single enemy then to take a hit to kill them quick.

Who is the 5th character?

$5.99, probably.

How much playtime does it have?

It isn’t even a good Zelda game.

No-one knows, people are theorising the unlock conditions as bizarre stuff like completing the single character mode on permadeath with Yves.

On another note, I really hope they make the single character mode have unique stuff for each character, like making Yves start in the lost woods, Zelda not being in bed when playing as her etc.

Does someone know how to unlock the kokiri sword I've read online and the 5th character? I read the kokiri sword is in the future Hyrule castle but can't find it anywhere

There is a wall in the lost woods with tons of them

I still haven't beaten the game, but what are the deku nuts and gears for?
this game is really damn fun by the way, I'm enjoying myself a whole lot even though I've never played Necrodancer

Gears are for the Gerudo temple, but you can bypass it with the Goron Charm. Deku Nuts are for upgrading your stamina meter and unlocking the 4th character.

youtube.com/watch?v=a20Dcv6Pza4&list=PLwDEuPBgBi4OZJEtqx-eN86ndand3_sGV
good shit

kill yourself

People suspect getting the 5th character involves a single player run of Yves, and it will unlock the equivalent of coda.

MatPat and Steph played this game on GTLive. It seemed really fun.

Attached: 81BEC36B-56FC-4A5E-BE06-68B90867A549.png (716x716, 759K)

Is melody mode easier than cadence or have I just gotten gud?

where do i get power bracelet? there are chests I need to move a block to get up to a ledge but seems like I need to pull the block...

Its just banter

Is this fun or is it one of those annoying hard games?

Go wake up the Gerudo chief at Gerudo Town.

Several people have already done that online, but they say it does not unclock anything

haven't been there yet... I did the zora ice dungeon, but how do I wake up the zoras??

I used the hover boots lmao. Didnt know flippers existed

I really don't care about the Zelda part, and am really only looking for another Crypt game. Will I enjoy this? Does the Zelda part muck it up?

I feel like they did a really great job with marrying the 2 formulas, especially right out of the gate. There's definitely room to grow as it's thin on content compared to the original Necrodancer, but the baseline is extraordinarily addicting and I've put about 20 hours into it so far between my story mode playthrough and the attempts of permadeath I've done.

Story mode feels like Zelda lightly flavored with Necrodancer mechanics and is a great entry point for people newer to rhythm games or crossing over from Zelda. I wasn't amazing at Necrodancer but I was good enough to do all zones and most of the gimmick characters, and the challenge of Cadence with permadeath turned on feels comparable to that.

A completed the game at 25 hours, but I dicked around and died a billion times before I had enough money to stay alive forever with red potions after the second dungeon.

Turn permadeath on and go nuts. Glass weapons are actually decent now since you can carry a full inventory with you

>they made Gerudos techno-mechanics because the Gerudo symbol looks like a wrench

That was amusing. I'd love for a mainline Zelda to do this.

Attached: 248px-TLoZ_Series_Crest_of_the_Gerudo_Symbol.png (248x300, 14K)

Do you think they plan to add more content?
I don't know if they have a roadmap or anything planned so it's a bit difficult to see what's going on behind the scenes

Don't forget o turn off the death shop too

So is this like LttP rando meets Necrodancer?

I have no idea honestly, I could be talking out of my ass. I certainly hope so, they did great with content expansions on the original. Being under the thumb of nintendo might change a lot though

Pretty much, shit is great.

Waiting for the Steam version...

I've got bad news user.

It's Zelda, so it's gonna be Switch exclusive. It originally started off as Zelda-themed DLC for the Switch version of Necrodancer before they got in contact with Nintendo and found Miyamoto and Aonuma loved Necrodancer and encouraged them to make larger use of the IP. So the DLC became a sequel/spinoff.

so is Aria restricted to daggers in general or her starting dagger? can I pick up a glass dagger and use that?

kind of want to get original game on switch since it's cheap but I already have it on steam (though not the expansion or dlc music) I got it when it first came out years ago on PC, but the idea of having it portable is intriguing

Nintendo are pretty good about allowing updates these days, although it will probably slow the pipeline a bit in terms of actually publishing the updates.
I think I'll contact them on twitter and see if they can say if there's anything planned for updates

Weapons straight up don't drop for Aria, so yeah, just her dagger. Attempting to use the diamond merchant to buy her a new weapon instantly kills you for "cowardice".

So that's why this feels so slim on content, should have stayed as DLC so it wasn't so overpriced

fyi DLC music isn't actually DLC, all that music is already in the game, if you buy those you're straight up just paying for accessible mp3 files.

If you think you're gonna want it you're probably not gonna miss 3 dollars. I'd be willing to bet you have that much in coins sitting around on your account

youtube.com/watch?v=rud_qEyRDGw

This makes me really happy, and just this game existing in general too

wait what? I thought they were additional tracks to use in the game, not just a soundtrack.. doesn't the PC version let you use your own mp3s? I thought they were basically just soundtracks you could use in the game, didnt know they were already in it

i believe you basically get enough coins from cadence to get the original for free

I've smacked just about every type of wall with the glass shovel and still haven't seen it break anything besides dirt. What the FUCK is it used for? Some kind of secret?

Attached: 1553541360741.jpg (612x612, 73K)

Melody is piss easy, yeah.

Glass weapons were always amazing.

Glass shovel only breaks when you get hit, other than that it's a normal shovel.

The description says otherwise.

Swim behind Hyrule Castle and hug its back wall

I'll pick it up if there's a GOG version.

Really

it's fine, maybe not goty but fine. My main complains are
>too easy
>the tempo never speeds up
>needs more bosses
but the idea of a zelda randomizer with necrodancer gameplay is pretty solid

No PC version.

I feel like there's a bunch of stuff that's just sort of there because of Necrodancer but not implemented the best. Tempo buttons, bomb buttons, and movement panels aren't used all that well, since you almost never want to adjust the tempo, you have bombs with you, and movement panels are an annoyance. Some dungeons with faster or slower paced tempos would be good for those, or ones with different time signatures.

Do you get anything worthwhile from the bow and bombchu shooting galleries?

Reminder that permadeath allows flippers, powerglove, and down thrust to be randomized, doubles shop prices, adds enemies to dungeon lobbies, and sometimes gives a slightly harder variant of bosses.

Attached: 2019061413500100-CCFE55975D68069E990E9064D7B828A9.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

Goddammit, finally got a permadeath to Future Hyrule, and died on the third floor of the dungeon.
Permadeath mode is surprisingly decent, though. Hopefully I'll be able to complete a daily challenge run soon.

I'm pretty sure it also increases enemy difficulty levels, too. I never saw a single black tekkite in my normal games, but they're all over the place in permadeath.

Another thing I noticed is that it gets rid of safe zones in dungeon atriums. i walked into frozen grotto and there were 2 lynels waiting to fuck me

I did yesterday's daily challenge by being a bitch and stockpiling red potions. It's easy because there's infinite bombchus, infinite rupees, infinite diamonds, and you can always warp back to the fairy fountain.

Attached: 2019061414494500-CCFE55975D68069E990E9064D7B828A9.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Pieces of heart and bigger bomb bag and quiver. Get the Greatbow before doing the shooting gallery because it can piece targets. Bombchu bowling just do whenever.

Permadeath makes me feel like eventually I could go back and do an All Chars run in Necrodancer

I hope they add different goals to daily challenges, like sometimes just have you go through normally, other times giving you a time limit or a rupee goal.

Looks like CalArts shit. No thanks.

I wanna fuck Cadence and her mom and grandma to the rhythm of the game.

Attached: 1547429778661.jpg (526x744, 293K)

For me, it's Mary
Also, minus8 has the flash for you.

Attached: images (35).jpg (474x647, 31K)

>find every heart container except one

>can't find the last 2 heart pieces to finish it

FOR FUCK SAKES I JUST WANT A 100% FILE.

Attached: 1279202082933.jpg (251x251, 9K)

Did you buy the heart piece in each of the four dungeons?
Did you get the heart pieces from the two minigames?

What the shit?

>buy them in the dungeons

Fuck sakes I might be missing one of those.

Last i saw that one was unfinished
Is there a finished version somewhere now?

The one you saw was probably the finished one, minus8 rarely finishes his loops.
There are a bunch of pretty good edits on swfchan.

Enemies stepping on the tempo buttons should make them change their movement patterns/speeds but not yours

Attached: 1435635426661.gif (480x270, 1.09M)

It's just a random chest drop in the dungeon in dark world. Also no, nobody even knows who the fifth character even is yet. Not sure anyone has even cleared single player with yves yet. I'm trying myself but kinda stuck on the dungeon before ganon.

>Double beat
Oh god what the fuck
This might as well be fixed beat mode

Is there anything in the room to the right in the Dark World, outside of the room where you fight Ganon that requires the Cane of Somaria and Longshot to get to? I got to the room but there was nothing in it.

That sounds like hell and would make some enemies straight up impossible to beat

It can dig up the walls of the shop, which always drop 5 rupees. It's basically free money if you ever see it for sale.

Go on a murdering spree inside of the Prince Zora's cave
yes seriously

There's also a passive item that displays uncollected pieces of heart on the map..

It doesn't show the ones hidden in dungeons, though.

That shit is too fast for me, missed beats everywhere

I think the game would be better without the limited field of vision and if dungeons were structured more like the overworld. Dungeons just feel so chaotic and and pure clusterfuck. Each square on the overworld feels like a deliberately designed challenge.

This was a fun game but the normal Crypt is definitely more suited for replaying. They should just give you a mode that's just the dungeons combined together.

Attached: 1538044560065.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

Aside from Eli's Greatshovel, I don't know what the right half of the room is for. You need to get to the chest to get the block out of its cage, but there's no point to doing that.

They should just add a perma-death crypt crawl mode inspired by the original game. It could be 50 floors or however many would work with all the loot boss, and miniboss encounters spread out.

They could bother to add like 1-2 more bosses as well.

I would love a boss rush in addition to this, as well as some of the stupider character modes like Monk

Is this a Zelda game with Necrodancer gameplay or is it Necrodancer with a Zelda skin pack? The trailers made me think it was the latter so I had 0 interest but this thread's making it sound more like the former.

It's kind of a mix of both and hard to say which way it leans.

Zelda game with Necrodancer gameplay.