Who else is playing Octokino on steam?

What team is everyone running, for me its
>Oberlic
>Cyrus
>Tressa
>Ophilia

Attached: octo kino.jpg (497x813, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTB8ETymokELfLd5J16Ebbl1GXFi7Hc1MB5PftFMZaq70wOn6ze-mfn5ce1k-8l7oYuOKyaNVDStZzx/pubhtml#
epicbundle.com/official-steam-reseller
files.catbox.moe/fnka4d.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=rdB7Y4pZYuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How far into it are you?

its not comfy on PC

It just isnt the same on PC.

About 14 hours, completed chapter 2 for my team and just done chapter 3 for Oberlic

Probably grinding time now for a level or two before chapter 3 Tressa

I played on Switch, but my main team was Tressa, Therion, Cyrus, Alfyn. Alfyn for healing and breaking, Cyrus for damage and breaking, Therion for debuffs, and Tressa for main character-ing.

Is this game any good? How does it compare to, say, Lufia 2?
I don't like jRPGs unless they have a lot of cool stuff to break up the monotonous combat, have inherently interesting and fun combat or a great story

Have you gotten all the characters yet or are you just doing those 4 stories for now?

I think its great so far, you should buy it and just play it on steam. If you dont like it before 2 hours then just refund it

I got every character then picked the team i like, My team gives me (before secondary Jobs) 4/5 weapon break coverage and 5/6 magic break coverage

Olberlic is the tank, Ophiloa the heal bot, Tressa the BP/SP slut for Cyrus and Cyrus is the chad damage dealer

Im finding the game kind of easy honestly

Meant 4/6 weapon break coverage*

It's way too expensive right now, 45€ for a 2nd hand steam key of a glorified SNES game?
Tell me about it, what does it do well, what are some interesting mechanics, does it even have anything outstanding?

The game is pretty easy apart from a few select boss battles that can be tough depending on your team and equipment. What secondary jobs do you have on your characters?

Its not expensive if you just refund it if you dont like it

If you want more then watch some youtube gameplay videos and see first hand

Fucking shill, I'm asking YOU not some retard on youtube
>45€ isn't expensive

Attached: 1560468089829.jpg (981x755, 77K)

Oberlic is Warrior/Hunter
Cyrus base
Tressa Merchant/Thief
Ophilia Cleric/Warrior

I know the Ophilia one is not a great combo but i just did it for the HP boost so she doesnt die

All i need with this setup is Dark Magic and i have every break possible

>Fucking shill
Im literally telling you to refund it if you dont like it poorfag

Might want to make Cyrus a dancer then. I loved using Thief Tressa too in my runs, she's great at supporting the rest of the team. There's another job that actually makes her a broken character later on, but I won't spoil you anymore.

>Might want to make Cyrus a dancer then
I'll keep that in mind once i find the shrine, i have maxed out Cyrus so i can spend all his JP on a secondary Job once i find another shrine

>makes a thread to shill the game
>someone asks him about the game, why he likes it and such
>literally tells him to fuck off to youtube
Why did you make this thread if you're so intent on not talking about it? You fucking weed

I like JRPGs and was considering giving this a pirate. Anything I need to know regarding team makeup, i.e., characters/classes to stay away from, how to unlock characters, etc.?

Already played it on switch.

Is there any new feature or it is just a straight port?

Attached: octopathparty.jpg (1024x611, 112K)

seriously seek professional help

Is there a consensus best team?

Dancer Cyrus is honestly pretty good. You could also make Ophilia a dancer though so she could buff Cyrus' and Olberic's attacks.
He told you to try the game for yourself and refund it if you don't like it. No reason to act like an ass.

You unlock character by just going to the town they are in and doing the first chapter of their story. Its worth getting all 8 straight away

Then just think about it and build a team

It's nowhere near as good as Lufia 2.

Every class has it's use. You don't really need to follow any guides or anything for this game.
There's probably optimal teams for every specific boss fight but I don't think there's an overall best team. Alfyn's probably the best character though.

>You could also make Ophilia a dancer though so she could buff Cyrus' and Olberic's attacks.
Yeah i was thinking about that but i would imagine dancer will give Cyrus some nice state buffs so i might do that

I like the game a lot but it is kid of easy to get every type of break coverage

>Alfyn's probably the best character though.
Really? I havn't bothered with him personally but he seems kind of useless,

I always find that AOE is king in RPGs and not single target shit

Concoct is broken. He's easily the best support character in the game and can also dish out quite a lot of damage with his axe.

obvious shills

Didn't get around to playing it yet but going to get it next month on the Switch
Basically doing what OP's doing except starting with Tressa

Play the demo first to see if you like it, unless you're pirating.

>no reason to act like an ass
>when actual morons like you refuse to give even a bit of insight into what they like about a game
You guys are massive cunts and all this tells me is that the game is so shit there's literally nothing worth talking about to people potentially interested

Already did, got through Tressa and Ophilia
Really enjoying it

Oberlic, Cyrus and Ophilia are so good in combo but everyone else just feels useless

Dunno if its just me but meme catching beasts doesnt appeal

Man you need some professional help

Oh, alright then. I've seen enough people on Yea Forums complaining about buying the game and getting bored of it 5 hours in so I just wanted to prevent that. Free demos are a great thing.

Therion's dancer is pretty good. Shackle really helpful against boss with high physical attack.

>on a video game board
>thread about video game
>op refuses to discuss video game
>gets called out for being a retard
>retort is seek help
you can't make this up

Every character is useful. Alfyn's ability is broken and H'aanit can catch some stupidly strong beasts. You just have to know how to use the characters.

Seriously you have a mental illness

Nice is this cracked yet? Kinda want to play

>H'aanit can catch some stupidly strong beasts
Yeah if you grind her to level 80 sure

>refuse to discuss
>while 90% of the thread are talking about the game

I am sorry that you have a mental illness.

No need to do that. Even just playing through the game normally you can catch beasts that trivialize boss battles.

Alfyn is fucking broken. Concoct can do too many powerful things
Tressa is ok, and then you unlock advanced jobs and she becomes ridiculously strong
Primrose is about exactly as useful as Ophilia
Therion at least has Armor Corrosive and has the incredibly annoying purple chest mechanic to insure that you have to take him anyway
You're correct in that Ha'anit's special ability is generally not worth the effort you put into it. Hunter class is real good for leghold and arrow multihits, but before advance jobs you can just sub someone else as hunter, and Concoct is an alternate source of the leghold effect so you don't have to worry about not having a hunter after you get advance jobs. Also, her stats for being your physical dealer are just worse then Olberic

You always get at least one faggot

Attached: 1559009637128.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>paying 70 dollars for videogames

Lol

Eh i guess once you have every secondary class you can make whatever 4 you want since you can just use secondary jobs to fill in the gaps

Kind of a stupuid idea really

>90% of the thread
>when over half the posts are me and you retards arguing over your inability to offer even a single positive thing about your game
b-but my mental illness

How do I actually make H'aanit worth it? Currently all she does is provide my thief with speed/attack buffs and sometimes get to break armor with her beasts, but without two or three boosts she can't deal damage that competes with the rest of the party. Most of the time she ends up putting a shackle on the bosses then just support the rest of the party. It's quite sad that she ended up so weak for me since I love her pokemon concept.

That user asked one question which got two contradicting answers. Then you just tell him to fucking buy the game when it's clear he doesn't want to spend money unless absolutely necessary. You just come off as an idiot who doesn't know he is one.

>Alfyn is fucking broken. Concoct can do too many powerful things
Do i replace Tressa or Ophilia with him though?

I guess he is OP since everyone is saying so

>Then you just tell him to fucking buy the game when it's clear he doesn't want to
Poorlet

>buy game on switch
>pc version launched
>4k 60fps support

lmao im waiting for crack, fuck nintendo for their no refund policy

I mostly used her for Leghold Trap and her Arrow skills to break opponents weak to it. I'd say try to catch every strong beast you come across. She struggles to deal a lot of damage by herself but once you have a few decent beasts she can definitely hold her own.

fuck denuvo

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-180710_Chrome.jpg (1074x1363, 594K)

>w-who cares it'll be cracked day 1
LMAO

You don't need to replace anyone, just use whoever you like most. If you really want to though, I'd say Ophilia, since Alfyn can heal too. He's also a pretty good Warrior.

It's just a fucking pain in the ass to go out of my way to capture the fuckers. Is there another way to increase the chance of capturing other than boosting and dealing damage? I also have to use the analysis spell to check HP because H'aanit can't deal damage anyways so her leave monster with 1hp is useless unless I know how much HP they have in the first place.

>That user asked one question which got two contradicting answers.
Then choose one answer and stick with it?

>60 posts
>16 posters
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1465401629436.jpg (273x265, 33K)

If you care to try the secret ending, make sure your are leveling your whole team, makes life so much easier

Great retort my retard friend. You sure show me.

Get a job

17 now

You might want to check the equipment you have on her if her damage output is that bad. There isn't another way to increase the catch rate other than boosting and damaging.

I imagine sloting in and leveling other members end game is much faster right?

Here's your (You), make sure to give me another as well

Attached: 1514429546684.jpg (462x587, 25K)

OP, save this:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTB8ETymokELfLd5J16Ebbl1GXFi7Hc1MB5PftFMZaq70wOn6ze-mfn5ce1k-8l7oYuOKyaNVDStZzx/pubhtml#
Compiled by other anons.

Attached: Primrose.jpg (1280x1674, 418K)

Stuff like this is basically cheating. Feel ashamed of yourself.

man we're not talking normal mobs, we're talking big boi monsters that I want to catch. In those situations she is not going to make the difference in his HP pool and since I can't know his HP without analysis I have to spam that and then either count HP or keep on spamming analysis. When I think about it I am starting to think she's really not worth the effort in the end

After finishing the game? If you want to 100%? Nah.

Attached: xhuo4_1280.jpg (880x1400, 260K)

octoshills should fuck off
i bought it for the switch and i regret it

Definitely. Just wanted to make people aware that you want EVERYONE at a decent level if you want true ending. I had my 4 that I liked and ignored the other 4 until their story sections and got walled by the true end

So you're trying to catch the optional bosses? Good luck with that. Even the stronger normal mobs are worth it though but you do you.

It still is. Games are about discovery on your own. The internet ruined this concept by taking what used to be "GUIDE" books and making it basically spoiler wikis to tell you exactly everything about a game, where to go, where not to go, etc.

Shit like that has killed gaming.

kek

Attached: octopath_ps4_nunca.png (807x815, 426K)

Attached: cancer legend.png (842x1061, 39K)

I'm going to play the FUCK out of it. What a dirty little slut.

Please tell me you at least played the demo first.

>was considering giving this a pirate
>he doesn't know

Attached: doge_ahegao.jpg (342x401, 26K)

Convince me why I shouldn't pay $60 for this game right now?

>filename

Attached: 1406782873105.jpg (413x395, 38K)

Rank the stories anons.

1.Primrose
2.Cyrus
3. H'annit
4. Tressa
5. Olberic
6. Therion
7. Ophilia
8. Alfyn

H'annit is the best girl tho

Attached: IMG_20180808_014713.jpg (770x1010, 75K)

the NSP is out for a decent while now.

I don't like it, and I'm your dad, idiot.

>Slutrose
>First

My dad died 6 years ago.

It's currently the most expensive game on Steam in Russia at 70 USD, literally 4x the price of MK11 or VTMB2.

It's like they're just gatekeeping us or something.

Attached: happiness.gif (504x279, 1.68M)

I'm back. Did they outlaw n_ggers?

Olberic
Cyrus
Primrose
Therion
Alfyn
H'aanit
Ophilia
Tressa

I'm black.

>Denuvo
Denuv-No

kill yourself family

>Russia
take a hint, sergey

>muh price
Go to GreenManGaming, add it to your cart and use the code E3. You'll get 25% off.

You won't be able to refund it if you don't like it however because keys can't be refunded.

Attached: hey_listen.jpg (601x625, 73K)

Actually has an emotional and interesting story. Lived a life of luxury until her best friend murders her father. Forced into prostitution to survive and find info on her father's killer. Has to kill her pimp in an act of our catharsis. Reunites with childhood best friend (who happens to be a playwrite), finds out said best friend is her father's killer. Has to kill him while the fucking playwrite rented out a WHOLE GOD DAMN THEATRE just so he could enact the play of her life to show her how interesting her life has been and how she's the perfect tragic figure. Leaves the end of his play open to interpretation depending on how the fight goes.

How is that not the best?

I don't trust stolen keys.

didn't dunkey destroy this shitty game a year ago?

GMG is an official reseller, retard.

epicbundle.com/official-steam-reseller

see

>GMG
>Stolen keys

You need to educate yourself.

Dunkey please. We know it's you

You're not fooling me.

I used
>Cyrus
>Tressa
>Primrose
>Therion

As my main team. Olberic is pretty great too though even though half the people in this thread can't spell his name right.

The only good starters are Tressa, Cyrus, and Therion, and maaaybe Alyric if you want a challenge/headache, and no matter what team you have Merchant is one of the best classes to have with you all the time, and after that scholar.
files.catbox.moe/fnka4d.txt

Obleric is the chad

$15 isn't worth losing the ability to refund which most people will do in this case considering how dull this game is.

ok I'm not gonna defend the game because I think it has some massive flaws, but dunkey is like the last person you should listen to when he does serious reviews. The review he did for this game was filled with intentional misinformation to make the game look more tedious than it actually is.

>Alyric
Uhhh... Do you mean Olberic or Alfyn?

been thinking about rebuying it to show demand for games like this, but it takes a lot of time to play and i've got other things to get through
maybe early august

huh, I can't remember, either way it wasn't a great start so it didn't leave a good impression, Therion I was actually pleasnatly suprised since I thought starting with Thief would suck, especially since it takes him way longer to get to the shrines, but he actually handles battles pretty well on his if you use items up till you can get your second party member, which should probably be Cyrus instead of H'aanit

Then buy on Steam, play for < 2 hours, refund, if you liked it then rebuy on GMG. It's not exactly rocket science and $15 can be spent elsewhere.

I'm not poor.

Help I'm stuck on Merchant's chapter 3. What is this sudden ramp in difficulty? The Purple Sabertooth tiger that gets two turns and can AoE my entire party for half it's HP or more while also poisoning them but the poison deals HP, SP, AND BP??? Hello what the hell? And his 6 guard goes to 8 to 10? And he seems to have way too much hp. What the fuck am i doing wrong? What the fuck is this?

Both of them are pretty good to start with actually, so I'm confused as to why you'd have trouble with them. Alfyn can heal himself and Olberic does damage like no one else. Well, in the end no character really is a bad starter.

Primrose
Alfyn
Olberic
Tressa
Cyrus
H'aanit
Therion
Ophelia

Attached: 1547083386166.jpg (1024x732, 114K)

You won't lose your saves and won't even have to reinstall. Steam just won't let you play until you rebuy it. Literally why waste the $15.

Lower his attack. Use Hired Help to raise your teams defense. Have Alfyn use concoct to heal your team from damage and poison.

>What the fuck am i doing wrong?
there are a couple abilities making you immune to status effects

that have awful AOE, which is one of the most important things dealing with mobs, especially early on, things like being able to get to a shrine early on and getting a good party member like Tressa/Cyrus also contributes to how good your early start goes I feel

>picked Cyrus as my main character
>that fucking damage
MY FOCUS IS UNPARALLELED

I understand you, user.
It's impressive how rare it is to find vidya discussion on Yea Forums. People here can't even properly express their opinions on a game.

Unironically git gud

Alfyn's Last Stand is stupidly strong.

Just wait until you get Sorcerer, and make sure to get him the damage limit break skill from the Warrior job class. I think it's the final skill and I put it on all my damage dealers.

No, it's the same 1-2 hour structure looped over and over, the gameplay quickly becomes a drag as enemies and bosses start getting more armour and gimmicks. There's no compulsion to finish anyone's story sincet hey're all fucking sidequest tier at best, there's no main quest sort of and the characters just join your party having never interacted with a single person you already have.

And don't forget to get Ophilia's divine skill too for maximum Sorcerer damage.

seek help

Not on steam, but finally got back around to it on Switch.
>Tressa (best girl)
>Olberic
>Cyrus
>Primrose (+Thief secondary job)
Only just found the first secondary job shrine, but it really opens up the options.

Attached: Tressa.jpg (643x1024, 55K)

The demo didn't say 'the whole game will be just this loop over and over'

don't forget how stupid Therion's first quest line is unless you pick him as your starter.

>Approached by two thiefs
>They want to join Therion to steal valuables from a manor
>I work alone,,,
>cutscene ends
>you just walk up to him and ask if you can join his quest to steal shit
>yea sure sounds cool

Sounds pretty awful, there's no overarching great evil that needs to be stopped or some divine quest to be achieved?
Do the different equipment items show visually on the characters? Assuming there is gear at all
And is there more to the gameplay than just standard fare jRPG combat?

>Tell me about it, what does it do well, what are some interesting mechanics, does it even have anything outstanding?
assuming it's like an SNES game because it looks like one is wrong. This game has an all-star voice cast and phenomenal soundtrack that perfectly segues into other songs at all times.
youtube.com/watch?v=rdB7Y4pZYuI

What this game does better than the vast majority of other JRPGs this gen (and plenty of older RPGs) is provide you with gameplay features that were common in older CRPGs, but somehow absent in virtually all popular JRPGs like FF and DQ.

examples
>NPCs having inventories you can interact with
>attacking NPCs
>every town being accessible from the start
>story segments being out of order rather than a linear sequence

pick it up if you want an RPG that puts more value on the "spontaneous unrestrained adventure" feeling rather than playing in the exact manner the devs want you to.

Attached: francesca-baerald-fbaerald-squareenix-octopathtraveler-orsterra-map.jpg?1531485953.jpg (1620x1080, 1.08M)

Gear and items don't show but the characters sprite changes depending on their secondary job. There's a hidden final boss that connects each character's story to eachother but other than that they're very self-contained.

Is this game actually worth it? I've heard many people say it's pretty shallow and only the last boss is worth while.

If you do the secret boss (and this is a long, long, grind for how fucking slow this game is) it sort of comes tohgether, but this doesn't excuse how fucking bad the party aspec of the game is from a story standpoint is. It's just...I'ven ever felt like I had less of a reason to play an RPG.

Do you need to grind in this game

I really need to get back into this game. Have it for the switch but just stopped playing cause i got depressed and stuff happened

I played through it twice and only needed to grind for the secret final boss but some anons have complained about needing to grind even just for the regular story.

Battle system is basically Persona's where you're rewrded for hitting an enemy's weak element however unlike Persona you eventually end up unable to do SHIT to an enemy who isn't broken, and instead like Persona where you hit something with Agi once in this you need to do it at least 8 times in some cases. When starting out, you'll be absolute fucked with some characters having fucking garbage AOE and this makes random battles take too fucking long.

I've gotten about 24 hours into it now and I'd say it's worth it. Though there are some cookie-cutter builds and other tricks out there that can make the game a lot easier and more of a chore, so I recommend avoiding guides.

So it's a scuffed Romancing SaGa?

Thanks for this, that doesn't sound like something I'd want to play

If you want to level all characters instead of sticking to a specific party, you may have to end up grinding a little between chapters.

If you stick to a single party, you'll barely have to grind at all.

How on earth can someone pay 50 dollars for that..... Honestly

This game is fucking CARRIED by the 'retro' look (which is funny because this game is ruined by the drab as FUCK colour palette). And people playing the demo and saying 'yep, this is like FF6 mixed with Tactics' or something. Unware that the game is the demo repeated 32 times over.

>>What this game does better than the vast majority of other JRPGs this gen (and plenty of older RPGs) is provide you with gameplay features that were common in older CRPGs, but somehow absent in virtually all popular JRPGs like FF and DQ.

The only mildly interesting thing in your list ist he non-linear storytelling, and even that makes it sound better than it is.

SaGa is something else entirely, I would describe this game as another Bravely Default entry, but less linear plus NPC interactions. Personally the latter was a big appeal for me, I had unreasonable amounts of fun just robbing and beating up entire cities.

It's at it's worst during the initial first chapter run for every character, honestly if it's your first time playing you can just skip a couple of the characters story's and just watch them later and you'll be better off, Alfyn, Olberic and Ophilia's stories aren't really worth sitting through first time around, and it helps the pacing out immensely to skip them.

Please tell me someone modded this game to remove that shit filter that makes the game look brown as fuck

H'aanit
Cyrus
Ophelia
Tressa

But on Switch

than we simply have differing tastes. A world that is actually open rather than being littered with roadblocks was a big deal to me. You choose spontaneously which place you head to next rather than the game making you choose from next town and next leveling cave. You choose to discover a powerful magic staff early in the game rather than the game handing you the staff at the exact level it wants you to be.

Attached: alefgard-11.png (1975x2085, 427K)

>robbing and beating up entire cities
Does the game just go into a seperate instanced battle mode whenever you get caught or engage some peasant? Seems disruptive in the overall flow of pillaging and raping and murdering

Thank you for reminding me of how fucking LONG the cutscenes in this game are, they are really fucking long, boring and frequent. Guess I can throw that into the mix too, this is a game with retro style graphics and all the cutscene direction of a fucking PS1 game, except with the length of a fucking recent Gen top budget RPG.

This game is absolute fucking trash.

my party

tressa merchant/cleric
oberic warrior/hunter
cyrus mage/dancer
therion thief/apothecary

You need professional help

Yeah, and you can only fight random peasants 1v1 with just two of the playable characters.

>plays an RPG
>complains about story

If I could go back and change my starter, I'd have picked Cyrus. He's just hands down the best.
I started with Haanit. She's pretty good, but honestly, nobody is as good as Cyrus.

Do they at least leave corpses? Anything to show for your ruthless carnage through the lands beside a pitiful amount of wealth? Like some kind of evil meter?

>Playing Octopath for it's extremely dragged out, boring gameplay

Seek help

It's not as permanent as you think, it's just another part of the game that makes no sense, for something supposed to be 'fun'. In reality all it means that every town you check an npc to steal, then recruit if needed. It sounds good but just ends up being a routine.

You leave them knocked out until you leave the zone.

Some NPCs guard their homes because they don't want you to come in, so if you beat them in a duel you can enter and steal their shit.

Have sex

>$60 for a retro looking jrpg
NOP

Attached: 1560455571588.gif (226x224, 182K)

based

Attached: PIERCE THEM THROUGH.png (1127x1013, 45K)

keep hunting those yous lmao

Sounds lame, I don't like action without real consequence, though it's better to have this kind of stuff in the game as is than to remove it entirely

It doesn't even look good, unless the PC community has modded it. This looks worse to me than FF6 does, at least FF6 has actual fucking color.

Attached: OCT.jpg (960x540, 100K)

Seek help zoomer

oh shit thanks user

Based

>Octokino

What's kino about it?

everything

shit that must Final Fantasy Tactics the greatest game of all time

>enemies on the left
I'm going to vomit

>it's another 'the boss has arrived with 8 armour and 2 minions with 4 armour' episode

quite possibly the most formulaic rpg of the modern era

players these days clearly lack creativity. Like when you start as Therion you have no area damage skill as a thief, but you can easily steal a few runestones to make up for it. Or you use his vampiric skill to stand your ground a few turns before you burst down enemies on by one. It's not a very deep game and yet people choose to play it in a dull fashion like that dunkey tool.

I really want to like this game but I just can't get into it why?

>but you can easily steal a few runestones to make up for it

I'm sorry but you think that's going to last him beyond a few fights?

>Or you use his vampiric skill to stand your ground a few turns before you burst down enemies on by one.

Dude this shit takes forever, why would anyone think this is good gameplay. Like I said, before enemies are broken, you can't do fuck all to actually end a fight/kill something. And the atrocious lack of good aoe, or aoe at all in early game makes the random battles an absolute chore.

Absolutely no compelling reason to see anyone's story through the end.

The cutscenes are long but I don't actually dislike them, they're just paced really poorly by having you need to do one one right after the other all in the beggining, if it weren't for that it be fine

I don't see how forcing a certain playstyle or denying another is a good thing, Especially in jRPGs, there's no gameplay riveting enough here to warrant a deeply thought out approach
You should be able to approach a game's challenges anyway you want (ideally)

I remember at one point with Ophelia I went from one overly long, boring cutscene to me leving the Church, walkig a kid to his mother literally meters away, right into another overly long, boring cutscene. It's like the fucking MGS2 of RPG's in terms of how fucking obnoxiously paced it is.

you get runestones from mugging monsters, from chests and from NPCs. You'd either be afraid of exploration or suck hard to ever run out. And when Therion is alone the enemies are still weak as shit anyway...

It's literally Persona's battle system, except Persona 3/4/5 never punishes you for not hitting a weakness, you can still kill things other ways it's just nowhere near as efficient.

>Not using every member and making a unique team setup for each boss
>Not running away from all random battles the whole game to preserve some modicum of challenge

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. I just gave but mere two options how to be efficient in an open-ended game and you say the game enforces certain playstyles? You're talking about the lack of riveting gameplay, and yet you'd like to "approach a game's challenges anyway you want", so you a game so easy that it doesn't matter at all what you do and win anyway?

>Especially in jRPGs, there's no gameplay riveting enough here to warrant a deeply thought out approach
Wrong.
>You should be able to approach a game's challenges anyway you want
>Dude just press whatever to win lmao
Also wrong, and I'm not even defending Octopath on this, you clearly don't like RPGs or any kind of game that requires a modicum of skills.

Bamp

And that's good, is it not? Having the option to stagger enemies for extra damage but not needing to do so as a requirement to progress

I want a game that accomodates all kinds of playstyles and offers different challenges depending on what you're playing, not a "you MUST have this to progress regardless of anything else"

The implication here wasn't that these games are too hard but you knew that already.
It's simply that they limit viable playstyles with unnecessarily gimmicky mechanics
>but muh wrong opinions
Next time present an actual argument, you twat

>It's simply that they limit viable playstyles with unnecessarily gimmicky mechanics
Like all games do.
Great argument you fucking retard.
Do you also complain about needing thieves to steal shit?

No, because most games have the decency to either provide you with a thief for the necessary thieving or don't make it mandatory to steal in the first place
Are you fucking retarded?

>Team OCTO
Perfect.

>snoyfags STILL mad as fuck that they're never getting it
>Meanwhile, PC and Nintenbros are high-fiving