PRESS F

PRESS F

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-171311_Chrome.jpg (1079x1470, 577K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6eLt8X-Ndo
youtube.com/watch?v=FbQfZadiSjk
youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YES

YESS

Screw you.

You messed up my thumbnail!

SEY

SEYY

>megas
>good

Good. They're dumb.

>S O Y

Honestly I thought mega evolutions looked cool but were ultimately a dead end without much room to develop on. They should just add evolutions if they're that desperate to make old pokemon good.

Z-moves were cool, but I only used them once or twice through the whole game just to see what they looked like. They felt like a cheap win button.

S
Enjoy your Unova 2.0, faggots

Attached: 1560208902488.png (1795x1656, 2.8M)

>Z-moves are gone
>Mega Evolutions are gone
>the culling ensures shitty weather wars pokemon will get cut

Based

Why do people like mega evolutions so? They were a mistake and should have never been.

Also redpilled

Looks like they are trying to make competitive play more than the same 30 pokemon.

Because the new evolutions are cool, interesting, and they change a lot of features of the Pokemon regarding typing and stats. It was effort.

instead we get giant pokemon which will probably have the same mechanic.

Attached: spic cute.png (957x1076, 746K)

Pretty sure it's pretty just looking for something to complain about.

Game will still suck dick, but that's a good change. Megas are awful in all aspects
Move some of them to normal evolutions and forget they ever existed

>unova 2.0
Why are you trying to make it sound good?

cope and seethe threadlet

Attached: 383917.jpg (2000x1922, 173K)

Made a lot of old favorites relevant

Hell no I refuse to press that Key. Mega Evolution and Z moves were cancer. I'd gladly except some gimmick model growth size fetish shit over insanely ugly pokemon.

>mega evolutions are gone
>tapus will probably still be usable

Attached: that shit hurted.png (490x533, 152K)

Good. And then dynamaxing will be cut in the next series of games and cutting the roster for them will prove to have been a waste.

Megas were a great fucking idea, the implementation just needed a little bit of work. Ultimately, a temporary power-up form change was a cool idea.

As someone who grew up with the original res, blue, yellow, silver and gold i have no idea what the FUCK anyone is talking about anymore.

Name one actual old pokemon that has been made OU relevant that wasn't already before megas.

>Using special Z moves and mega forms is bad
>but oversizing your pokemon to be the size of skescrapers that is totally not a bottom-of-the-barrel idea will work flawlessly and not break the meta in its own way
GOfags disgust me to no end

All you need to know is Sword and Shield will be closer to Red and Blue now and that OP is a faggot.

>hating on my boy Mega Camerupt.
You should kill yourself. Your taste is utter trash. They should have just stuck with Megas forever.

>Sceptile
>Beedrill
>Venusaur
>Swampert
There. I named four. Now fuck off

>megas get removed
>but now every gen is guaranteed KANTOOOOOO pandering to ensure that Pikachu/Eevee/Kanto Starters/Mews never get cut and take up the now limited dex slots
>No gen will ever have it's own identity again

Yep, i'm buying it

Attached: 1560633880570.png (1864x3168, 2.77M)

Good, they are dumb gimmicks

Charizard

Pinsir

Attached: 006.png (475x475, 141K)

good they sucked

Man I loved the mega-insects, bummer.

I though we already knew this?

Mawile

GOOD

I'll concede Venasaur, Charizard and Pinsir, but the majority of pokemon that got megas were shelved to UU even after the bucketload of support they got.

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

Okay Kantobabby, I will break it down for you.

Remember how Pokemon could hold berries in G/S? So holding items became a really big deal in the competitive scene. In X and Y, certain Pokemon could give up their held item to instead hold something called a “Mega Stone”, and if they did, then in battle they could “Mega Evolve”. This would change their model, stats, typing, and ability. The catch was, a trainer could only Mega-Evolve once per match, so you couldn’t have multiple mega-evolved Pokemon on your team.

A lot of already OP mons got Megas (like popular box-art legendaries), and those were pretty broken, but it also breathed new life into once-forgotten or outclassed mons like Beedrill, whose Megas gave them a useful stat bump and competitive niche.

I wish it was Unova, at least then it would a decent amount of new Pokemon until post-game. But now we'll get KANTOOOOOO Pokemon everywhere with galar Pokemon relegated to rare spawns like in SM.

The vast majority of mega evolutions are over designed garbage that clashes with the original designs.
The making old pokemon relevant thing I can sympathize with, but mega evolutions is a ridiculously messy way to go about doing that. It also shits on pokemon who did not get mega evolutions, and the idea of having to have a mega evolution capable pokemon in your party to not miss out is also garbage.

They should have just made alternative evolution paths, new tiers of evolutions. New moves. Anything. Whatever the case, mega evolutions remain garbage.

>Megas revitalized RU/NU and bumped them up to UU at least, with some good use in OU
>implying this is a bad thing
What exactly is your point?

Megas sucked, but Dynamax sucks more

uhhhhhh 15360 is 15mb
technically you could store fucking millions of pokemons in google drive

Based

Why don't people like the Gen 5 games? I'm finishing up Platinum and I was about to move onto either Black or Heartgold.

Attached: 1CD81ABB-2789-40E8-942B-05891A52AACD.png (405x360, 207K)

INTO THE FUCKING TRASH IT GOES.

>A lot of already OP mons got Megas
smogon is a disease.

I'm okay with getting rid of dumb gimmicks, the thing is they added an EVEN DUMBER GIMMICK IN THEIR PLACE

>It also shits on pokemon who did not get mega evolutions
The solution to that is to give more mons Megas.

Gen 5 is very underrated

Dynamax is literally fucking nothing
>no new form
>no new power
>Lol, your pokemon got bigger!
What the fuck kind of a gen gimmick is that shit? Misguided as they were, atleast Z moves and Mega evolutions had actual effort, creativity, and work put in them

People were mad that you had to use only new Pokémon until after you beat the game. They didn't see that it was a blessing

why? you know nothing about it.

Are you suggesting Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre WEREN’T “already OP”?

>no new form
>he doesnt know

seething kantofags mad they couldn't use charizard

>WHAT? You mean I have to EXPERIMENT AND TRY NEW THINGS?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That the majorities of megas changed nothing, the meta stayed the same, only a very few select megas were ever actually viable and of the ones that were the most was ones already viable.

asspained that there's zero non-Gen 5 Pokemon before you beat the Elite 4 in BW

None of them clash with their previous forms in any way you fucking retard. All of them were great to see and true to their line. Most of them should have been fucking kept as actual evolutions because they were so damn good. Mega Evolutions will always be the best addition they ever did because we got to see what we technically shouldn't have seen.

Dynamaxing is the worst addition they have ever did. Effortless trash. However, if the leak that looks to be true, really is true, then dynamaxing will have it's own set of Pokemon that get forms ala mega evolutions via gigantomaxing or whatever it's called. Now that I would like to see.

Attached: d.png (600x600, 70K)

In BW, there were no external pokemon, you couldnt get them unless postgame or the gen gimmick dreamworld, which doesnt work anymore
Which is especially retarded in hindsight, since B2W2 backtracked on BW's stance
Galar took this a step further, by not coding the excluded pokemon AT ALL

"gets big" is a shitty, lazy gimmick. Megas might have looked like actual trash and warped all battles around them, but at least they had a little effort put into them.

compared to what? their tier? losing the held item literally made the mega mewtwos worse than the normal one. The rest are on ubers, that have no existence in the meta. the only "balance" they broke is the PVE, something you clearly play the most.

They introduced Dynamax to short change fans new designs anyway. If you think about it all Dynamax is, is just enlargened assets.

Game Freak have just got incredibly lazy with this game.

>dude megas will change the meta, shitmons will be viable
>proceeds to give megas to already OP mons

>All of them were great to see
now you're just memeing

Attached: manectric-mega.jpg (441x387, 44K)

>still doesn't understand the difference between post-game and missing data altogether

>All of them were great to see

Attached: 1519135228193.jpg (740x740, 616K)

>pokemon fans have stockholm syndrome
more news at 11

>Waaaah, those megas didnt get into OU that makes them crap!
Pull your head out of Smogon's ass every now and then, yeah?
Ok fuckboy, what did I miss?

I haven't kept up with this since I don't have a Switch yet. So by what I can tell I won't be able to have most of the Pokemon in this game or my Mega Mawile. I think I'll just forget about this game again.

Attached: shit.gif (448x254, 950K)

and you're forgetting lopunny, mawile, gyrados, scizor, and medicham. And previous metas we had sableye, and gardevoir

Clefable got meta with Secret abilities in Gen 5
Scizor got Meta with Bullet punch in Gen 4
Gengar has never not been Meta.

I'd rather have that than it's previous evolution.

The bigger problem is how most of them were basically literal ripoffs of the originals.

>shit mons
>garbage story
>no post-game
Why?...

without megas, all those mons are back to NU with no chance of coming back. starters or shit like mawile and gardevoirs are trashmons by themselves. I know you are overjoyed about the return of BW cancerous meta full of one hit KO's garchomps and weather tyranitar, but you aren't the player base. People form your time haven't bought a game in nearly a decade now. Pokemon is always about the new kids generation

too many cutscenes and the locked dex mainly.

honestly it should be rated lower because it's such a piece of shit

>just NU

>"gets big" is a shitty, lazy gimmick
you still don't know shit about it. You were taught to react in a certain way, but were given no ammo to excuse yourself. You are merely a trained dog.

>Smogonfag

Opinion Discarded, online is cancer.

>what did I miss?
Gigantamaxing.

Attached: 1560270560563.png (1313x900, 498K)

>Scizor with Bullet Punch
oh shit, my team is being hard carried with my technician swords dance Scizor in platinum. Thought I was being clever but I guess I was a tier whore the whole time

Attached: 675.jpg (412x430, 17K)

>back to NU
Dude, almost every fucking kantomon is either PU or untiered.

>their tier
Now who’s the diseased smogonfag. They’re OP relative to “the entire list of mons”, which is WHY they’re banned from competitive play in the first place (both in GC rules and Smogon OU rules), they didn’t need a power boost.

At its best, Mega Evo was meant to bring relevance back to mons that got outclassed, like Charizard, Beedrill, etc. and did so. At its worst, it pandered to fan-favorites that didn’t need a buff or overhaul. That’s my point.

>B2W2 is shit
u wot m8

Don't forget
>cut features

Attached: Amity_Square_Pokémon_following_Pt.png (258x194, 22K)

Ou is basically uberlite anyways. Going from nu or even fucking pu is still good and it means they can even be used in ou without being too detrimental.

>they are OP I SAY, the TIERS ARE FUCKED UP
>haha how do you dare to KNOW THE SUBJECT YOU SMOGONFAGS
you are a disease, posted it once, you didn't get the memo, have a second dose.

Z moves are utter trash
Rip megas though

THANK GOD

That dynamax shit is just another gimmick that Gamefreak shits out to promote rhe game. They're are about as interesting as Z moves or mega evolutions, that is to say not at all.

Comes next gen, they will just find another one to sell.

>No more Mega Lopunny

goddammit Pokemon is worthless again

Attached: 74459910_p0_master1200.jpg (849x1200, 363K)

>first time seeing that leak
If that leak is real, I'd rather they just scrapped Gen 8 right now altogether. What a fucking shitshow we're in for

Ah, so we've entered the "Generation Specific Gimmick" part of Pokemon's lifetime, I see.

Haven't touched the 3DS games but I though everyone hated mega evolutions.

S
Pokemon should have died years ago.

the same applies to battle spot, vgc and even batlte maison viability. From decent mons back to trash.

People were salty that there are no old Pokémon until Postgame. However, Gen 5 is the biggest generation, yet. 33% bigger than Gen 1 with a whopping 200 new Pokémon.

Gen 5 is essentially a "soft reboot" type of generation, so a lot of Pokémon that are similar to Gen 1 ones, but also somewhat different (like Audino being a different Chancey).

That said: Gen 5 was my favorite Gen. I fell off Gen 4 pretty quickly since the game moves like a pregnant cow in the Sahara, everything feels so slow, combat in particular.

So if all you want are new Pokémon, you will love Gen 5... if you want your old favorites ASAP, then maybe not so much.

Electric corgi is also confirmed, although he's named Yamper

>Rayquaza not OP
>Mewtwo not OP
>Groudon not OP
>Kyogre not OP
Ninty agrees that they are, they’re banned from tournament play

Among the list of mons that got Megas are also essentially EVERY pseudo-legendary and starter, many of whom are extremely strong and popular. They didn’t need any help.

Mega did still do stuff for a lot of forgotten mons though, and I’m grateful that it did.

Finally Pokemon is back baybeee

Could this be the first good pokemon since white 2?

I won't be surprised if it turns out to be gikantomaxing

Yeah. Next gen one will just have another one and get rid of that Dynamax shit.

During Gen 4 meta Scizor carrying varied flavors of it was staple. Choice band, Swords Dance, Roost. Being able to middle finger speed with an Extreemespeed that hita super effective against things like Titanitar, Weavile and more recently Top Lele and Top Bulu. Not to mention unlike Extreemespeed it can be used 40 times and cannot be inmuned.

thank god

I don't have any attachment to old gen pokemon, only experience with gen 1 was a quick run of Fire Red prior to Platinum.

they'll probably end up just moving a lot of the megas into the third stage evolution/branch evolutions since the designs are all there anyway, no use wasting.
the stats wont be as good of course

>If that leak is real
It was really posted on Yea Forums a few days before the Nintendo direct, everything highlighted was confirmed in the Direct, some other stuff was confirmed by the Treehouse presentation, of course it's impossible to completely rule out the addition of some invented stuff but everything point to it being reliable.

>Get rid of the megas for the Kanto starters
>just in time for Charizard to get a special Gigantomax form that will be carried over to all future games
>not only will Venusaur and Blastoise NOT get a special giant form they also might not even be able to be brought into Galar AT ALL

Attached: 1445728625511.gif (256x256, 329K)

>cripple 99% of first and second generation Pokémon’s stats to where they are literally unusable
>mega evolutions will fix this imbalance
Competitive Pokémon killed the series

Now you have Pokemon being giant for a gimmick. How is that any better?

Why would they do that to us? Who gives someone something good and then takes it back? I hope the nip baboons in the board room who gave the go to scrap that all contract a venereal disease.

Attached: 1560498926823.png (822x802, 680K)

>Ripoffs
They were more interesting and thought out takes almost to the point of sneering at how basic-bitch Gen 1 concepts were.

BASED GAMEFREAK MAKING AN ALREADY SHALLOW VIDEO GAME EVEN MORE SIMPLE! WE CAN'T HAVE MEGAS AND Z-MOVES THEY WEREN'T IN MY BASED KANTOOOOOO

The only positive I can see from this is that I think the comp will get really weird and interesting if you have to deal with all the shit being cut from gen 8 and beyond, in a legality sense.

Like a team with gen 8 mons can't legally use or fight other teams using megas or z-moves, teams with gen 8 mons can't use or fight against teams with pokemon that don't appear in gen 8. It would be neat if people stuck to that.

They won’t do this, too hard of a retcon.

I’ll put cash on the table that says if you Dynamax a pokemon with a Mega Evo, it goes Mega though.

Just like I bet all the Z moves exist in some way as part of the “Dynamax move replacement” system.

Dynamaxing is their way of letting you have a Mega with a Z-Move while not centralizing because every mon can do it.

>remove mechanics
>essentially remove some pokemon since they just can't exist in Galar
>animations are still shit and they added another dumb mechanic that will be tossed aside in the next game
this feels like Kirby
>here's super succ! now it's mega powers! wait, robot time for this game!
I bet that next gen will have a replacement for Dynamaxing. Dynamaxing doesn't (or I don't think it does) require an item so it's easier to just dump it for the next dumb battle mechanic

>comp will get really weird and interesting
They'll bring back a subset of old mons that was king and they'll still be the A tier. Don't think Gamefreak won't also just make event special of old viable mons.

wasn't Dynamaxed Gyarados in the trailer, though?

It's actually not a retcon at all. the pokemon world that has megas was a different timeline in the canon.

they can just abandon that and introduce them into the base pool, same way baby pokemon were suddenly a thing

also it's pokemon, the fuck are you talking about with retcons, as if that means shit

Now I will buy your game

Attached: 1884469 - Officer_Jenny.jpg (475x485, 83K)

>Check out the new Gen 8 pokemon
>All that calarts design and pretty colors
>completely bland and no new concepts
I've got plenty enough pokemon and mechanics to live forever in the seventh gen. Fuck everything else. Pokemon is so fucking dead

I fucking wish. I want a completely new gen without any old Pokemon. The sense of discovery in B/W was fantastic and everything after it failed to capture the same magic.

>unova 2.0
the fuck? why do people not like gen 5
it was the last good gen.

Why do people get so surprised when a mediocre game franchise continues to be mediocre?

Steelix was.

We could only wish for Unova to come back. The last gen with actual work put into it and dare I say, soul.

Don't even like them, but it just shows the trend of GF introducing features only to remove them due to laziness is as alive as ever.

Gen 5 was the last good Pokemon game.

Don't respond.

Made me want to replay the Volt White 2 romhack.

Unova was the last good pokemon games

Oh yeah, because this is totally not Suicune in a metal dress and its a very new and cool concept for a box art legendary!
You fucking idiot

Attached: lolwtf.png (300x346, 93K)

Fuck yes, I might actually buy it now but not really, they should sell the rights to Genius Sonority

based bisonposter

Gyarados too

Attached: Screenshot (273).png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

I liked the idea of only new pokemon but the variety was lacking, it takes too long before you're offered some nice team building options.

which was hilarious, cuz most of the new mons were straight-up mirrors of kantomon.
Timburr line? Machoke line.
Bert & Ernie? Hitmonchamp & Hitmonlee.
Heck, the reason those elemental monkeys shat up the place was because Evee existed.

Gen 5 was the first shit pokemon game

You're correct.

I mean, it doesn't look anything like Suicune besides being dog-shaped

you faggots will still buy it and waste life trying to min/max everything

This, it also made a lot of garbage pokemon actually usable in battles. The facts that megas were removed in favor of "just make the models bigger lmao" fucking infuriates me

No one wants to use soulless copies

I think it would've been pretty cool if they just combined the two; the pokemon mega evolves to perform the Z-move, then transforms back

no, that was Gen 4

They did have some decent pokemon
galvantula is really nice, hydregion is a pretty good one and Whimsicott is my favorite pokemon

>no post-game
>when gen v has literally the best post-game in existence

are you retarded

>projecting this hard
You're gonna buy it because you are a retard and you're looking for company to justify yourself
Fuck off to reddit or /vp/ then you dumb shit

Diamond and Pearl were fucking garbage and only literal children who played it first think otherwise.

It's only beaten in shittiness by XY.

Competitive pokemon has always been intended and it's a natural result of the evolutionary process of "git gud".

Thing is that gen 1-3 were balanced around pokemon being unable to choose whether they are using Special or Physical attacks. Before a mixed attacker could be a thing because most pokemon had to choose between strong moves that go off their higher offensive stat or powerful STAB moves even at the cost of lower stats. The rabbit hole for Gen 3 team building is very deep because now you have to choose natures in a way that allow for mixed attacking, so speed negative natures were viable, and you had to balance the statistical weakness among your mixed attackers.
Powercreep started in gen 4 when pokemon began to be able to choose between physical or special moves individually regardless of typing. This meant that now min-maxed pokemon were cleanly better and that the previous 350~ were garbage unless they had a min-maxed spread. They knew of this which is why they introduced about 30 evolutions to old pokemon with pretty min-maxed spreads. It also saw a very high increase in base stat total among fully evolved pokemon.

who has such heated opinions about pokemon. wew

Attached: 1542202224951.jpg (338x368, 18K)

But at least they tried with an all new dex while keeping support for the old 'mons, B/W2 fixed most of B/W's unbalanced dex problems too.

Doesnt change the fact that its boring as shit and is the nth dog pokemon we got, alongside this one, which is also just as fucking bad
I get that there is room for improvement, but whatever the fuck these are, it's not improvement in the least

Attached: wellis completelydry.png (300x289, 75K)

>gets his original argument blown out
>lol why are you arguing with me?

>Dynamax pokemon have boosted stats like megas, all their moves are Z-move equivalents, AND they look stupid.
thanks

>game can’t be good unless you are directly competing with someone else
Yeah it’s trash

man that looks like shit

>Poke Britain is the going to be the worse region/gen in the franchise.

whelp

>But at least they tried
Yeah, as I said I support the idea, especially since I always use only new pokemon when playing a new version for the first time.

It's an improvement, honestly.

Nah that would be Gen 2, the original KANTOOOOOOOO.

I'm not the person you were talking to, just someone passing by laughing at you. sad!

Attached: 1560243152602.png (500x425, 54K)

Because it makes each game unique! Prease understand. Game Freak is a shitty company and the people still supporting their bullshit are stupid.

S to SHIT ON THEIR GRAVE!!! Fuck GAMEKEK SO FUCKING MUCH!!!
>Fix my two favorite Pokémon (Lopunny and Beedrill)
>Make them shitmons again
FUUUUUCK UUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mega Mewtwo Y is sexy and I want to marry her.

People enjoy shitting on Gamefreak for removing features

One of the worst things is that there aren't going to be any Galar formes because I bet my left kidney they're going to scrap the regional formes idea entirely because they want to make SM/USUM "feel unique". Pokemon is Wasted Potential:The IP and it always will be as long as Game Freak are in charge.

I want Nintendo to swallow gamefreak whole and reboot the entire franchise

Attached: 1389414688313.png (572x380, 231K)

if the rest of the leak is true, there will be

Unova was the previous best, so that's great news.

>No Galar forms
Obviously. The whole Alola forms gimmick was simultaneously gen 1 pandering and padding because they literally ran out of good ideas for new pokemon, so they rehashed some old ones
You wont see anything done in the past generations repeated, whether for good or bad. I'm honestly surprised they havent touched breeding and Pokemon refresh yet

Dynamaxing is already expanded upon Z moves. Gigantomaxing will be Mega evolving.

Sure thing champ.

The leak only mentions cross gen evolutions, not regional forms.

Good, those were stupid. Regional variations were the only nice edition recently.

LITERALLY WHO CARES

YOU DUMB FAGS WILL BUY IT ANYWAYS

>relegated to shitty Pokemon like Meowth and Pikachu
(lol You wish. At least Sirfetchd sounds promising

Thing is that as long as what you battle against another human being, a competitive metagame is bound to happen.
Spoilers: people want win. What a fucking twist, wouldn't you say.

Play Pokemon Stadium 2. The game has a classroom that teaches you about everything. Egg moves, egg groups, move combinations, stalling, etc.

>projecting fag getting pissed nobody else likes this steaming heap of shit
seriously, fuck off. /vp/ has retards who want to buy this shit, go fuck with them

Megas were cool cause they made my bro Beedrill usable. Z moves can rot in hell though

megas and Z moves made the games fucking trivial and lost any sense of challenge. At least dynamax can only be used in gym battles (and they'll be used against you)

>/vp/ has retards who want to buy this shit, go fuck with them
t. has never been on /vp/

Post the uncropped version, coward

How ironic that if Pokemon didn't have this leech of a company called Game Freak in the middle between Nintendo and Pokemon despite always being on nintendo systems that the series quality would probably be light years ahead by now.

B2W2 are almost unanimously regarded as the best games in the series here, with BW not far behind.

Z moves were great
>Fun to use
>Any pokemon can use them
>can only use once instead of making you OP the rest of the battle

Megas on the other hand, only some pokemon can use them and the designs that were on the very few that got pretty hit or miss.

Attached: D9CssM7XYAA8-PW.jpg large.jpg (906x1200, 252K)

...By reducing the viable OU metamons to 30. Sure.

>unova
>only new pokemon before post game, giving the region a unique feel instead of "oh look it's pikachu again"
>more new pokemon than any other gen
>robust post game even in the first games of the gen, with even more added in the third version
>all 649 pokemon are in game
I want a pokemon game like this and have wanted one since 5th gen.

prepare for takeoff

Attached: 373Salamence-Mega.png (1280x1280, 724K)

I might actually buy Sword/Shield now.
Fuck mega evolutions and fuck z moves

Attached: fastest.png (616x394, 318K)

So, Sun and Moon are actually poorly coded, or eas that just a meme?

>Because the new evolutions are cool
Exactly. Which is why we should have gotten them instead of mega evolutions.

>unique designed extra powerful form
>scrap that just make the pokemon big
This is peak lazy, why support it?

mega evolutions looked like ass

thank god

>implying megas and z moves are good
>implying big mode is good either

I, for one, am enjoying seeing Pokemon fans seethe. You guys invited this by accepting mediocrity forever. This is the bed you made, and the bed you shall lie in.

yaranika on front page.

Good riddance. Now get rid of Dynamaxing too.

>Gen 5 fags blaming genwunners again

Attached: 1551993340334 gym.jpg (1500x700, 355K)

Pokemon fans got mad at change and being forced to use new Pokemon as usual.

>counting Meowth, Grimer, and Rattata

>to be continued
Is there more to this or is this just an anime shout out

Wingull is in, so Rain, the strongest weather already got his best setter after Kyogre.

>5 mons vs 6

the horror

>But at least they tried with an all new dex
Yeah but they tried poorly.
Introducing the most entirely new pokemon while barely distributing them and having them evolve at late levels are some of the main reasons Gen 5 (or specifically BW) is disliked.

based gen 3

>Gen 2
>Unown
>100% before the first gym
What?

Meha dragonite?

Which Pokemon game lets you catch the most pokeymans?

who cares? each gen always had a dumb gimmick that didn't carry over to the next

Don't try to downplay this shit, faggot. BW kept limiting options even after the first gym.

yeah but having your pokemon get a bit bigger with no other change whatsoever is cool and not cheap at all.

>implying that GF won't cut hidden abilities as well

Attached: masuda i don't know.png (600x600, 110K)

good meg evos were fucking stupid

I think it's the encounter rate since unown is the only pokemon you can catch in the ruins of alph

>Objective number comparison is downplaying
Check out this fag.

A combination of a massive amount of ugly mons, cutscenes, and the region itself just being a downgrade. There were a lot of neat bug and ghost types, but every other type got mostly trash design wise in my opinion.

Yeah this. It had potential, but it was all squandered. All the fanbase even wants is waifu and to fill their boxes.

At least they tried, this is beyond fucking lazy. Why have a gimmick at all if your gimmick is going to be hurr godzillashit.

Pelipper can summon rain with his second main ability.

A crying pokemon being the game's posterboy is just perfect.

fpbp

hm i thought drizzle was its hidden ability for some reason. oops

Attached: black flame mistake.png (420x357, 224K)

Which PokemEn game lets you catch the most POKEMENS?!

I noticed that Game Freak always removed features when I was a teenager and the general shittiness of the company and the games. How the hell have so many people reached adulthood without noticing or caring?

You can get to the ruins of alph before the first gym? I thought you had to beat the first gym before.

This. Compare it to Gen 4.

Pokemon available by the time of the second gym:
BW1:
Shaking grass containing Audino will now begin appearing throughout the region after the first gym
The Dreamyard now also gets you Munna
Route 3 gives you access to Pidove and Blitzle
Wellspring Cave gives you access to Woobat and Roggenrolla
Outer Pinwheel forest gives you access to Tympole, Timburr, Sawk OR Throh
That’s 9 more on top of the original 5 for a total of 15 Pokemon available to you at this point.

DP:
Route 205 gives you Pachirisu, Buizel, and Shellos
Route 205 also has your first Honey Tree, where Aipom, Heracross, Wurmple, Burmy, Combee, and Cherubi can be found, Munchlax may also be available to the player but it’s randomized and you have to jump through hoops to get it even if it does end up being an earlier tree in the game so I’m not counting Munchlax
Valley Windworks gives you Drifloon
Eterna Forest gives you Murkrow OR Misdrevous, and Buneary
Old Chateau gives you Gastly
Route 211 gives you Ponyta, Hoothoot, Meditite, and Chingling
That's 18 (17 likely) pokemon available on top of 13. So that's a total of 31 Pokemon available to you at this point, 14 that are new.

Pokemon available to you by the time of the third gym in each game:

BW1:
Pinwheel Forest’s interior gives you Sewaddle, Venipede, and Cottonee OR Petilil. Rustling grass gives you access to the two elemental monkeys you didn’t previously get.
An in-game trade gives you access to Cottonee or Petilil depending on which one your game doesn’t have
Beyond Castelia City route 4 gives you Sandile, Darumaka, and Scraggy
9 more Pokemon on top of the original 15 for a total of 24 Pokemon available to you by the time of the third gym.

DP:
Mt. Coronet gives you Cleffa and Clefairy
Route 206 gives you Bronzor
Route 209 gives you Bonsly OR Mime Jr and Chansey
That's 5 more Pokemon available on top of 31 for a total of 36 Pokemon available, 17 of which are new.

The variety was lacking.

Attached: 1552447895466.jpg (3333x500, 334K)

I wonder how realistic it will be to beat Sword and Shield without the dumb Gigamax gimmick.

Literally all Pokemon fans care about are catching new Pokemon and maybe battling. As long as they didn't fuck with the Pokemon, GF could've kept it up for a hundred years without fans getting too mad.

>new thing happens in pokemon
>WAAAAAA ITS GAY I HATE IT
>doesnt come back for next game
>WAAAAAA BRING IT BACK I WANT IT

>To Be Continued...
Is there a continuation yet or is that just referencing the manga? I'd like to read more.

Attached: 1396685093018.png (582x582, 193K)

>ignoring all early the posts saying it was one of the few new good decisions to get rid of them

Ok good, cutting half the pokedex is retarded but Z moves and ESPECIALLY megas were shitty gimmicks and they needed to go.

>Absolutely shitty, unusable pokemon
>Becoming good
>Bad

Fuck yourself. Enjoy your diminshed counter pool to stall meta cancer

pretty sure the guys you were quoting were talking about Gen V pokemon in comparison to Gen I pokemon

Did you miss all the posts in the past few days calling the removal of megas and z-moves a good thing?

>not posting immediately from the front page

Attached: 1530441553605.jpg (1199x683, 63K)

they look fine and better than gen 7

>>doesnt come back for next game
>>WAAAAAA BRING IT BACK I WANT IT
Most posts are Yea Forums and /vp/ are saying they're glad those gimmicks are gone. The main thing people have contention with is Gamefreak being hypocrites that needlessly spend time developing a forced gimmick only to get rid of it as soon as a new generation happens.

>not including the Black 2/White 2
why? They're clearly the better games and my main argument for gen 5 being the best
Every gen 4 fag leans on platinum so I'm gonna lean on b2w2

Shouldn't Gyarados be way bigger than that? Why does Raichu grow so much more?

>I'm a retard that doesn't read threads.

I guess I'll just go back to desperately trying to use my nigh-useless normal Mawile

Attached: 1541561509021.jpg (780x584, 78K)

Tapus aren't Galar native so no Tapus. Enjoy your ~350/1000 Pokemon.

again tho compare it to black white 2

>>not including the Black 2/White 2
>why?
Read the top of the image.

im a legend that doesnt read threads

Attached: nige.jpg (748x935, 196K)

Because that's not what the picture is about. Learn to read.

Pinsir
Sceptile
Venusaur
Swampert
Beedril
Mawile
Sableye
Alakazam
Gyarados
Lopunny
Medicham
Scizor

You literally could have just did 2 mimutes of research before going dull fucking retard. Please inhale buckshot.

calling it, the "Tapus" of Galar are themed on chess.

The worst part about Sword and Shield being so gimped is that it means I won't be able to play Animal Crossing because I certainly won't be buying this garbage heap and I won't be buying a console for one game eihter.

Megas and Z-moves are shit though.

Maybe now I can get an actual Mawile evolution instead of a shitty forme change that has to compete for 1 slot on my team against other shitty forme changes.

>we're getting another unovabortion
What did we do to deserve this?

No you can get Unown before.

Why couldn't they have just rebalanced move pools and stats?

Based Gen 3

It says right there in the image: "How well does each generation introduce their own pokemon." First impressions mean a lot and the best way to endear pokemon of a specific generation is to let players have many options for them.

Attached: 1361255775788.jpg (637x480, 39K)

I haven't played a Pokemon game since gen 4. Mega evolutions/Z moves and this giant form seem really fucking stupid to me. Why the fuck do you guys still support this piece of shit series? No more gimmicks.

Attached: 1560399332980.jpg (320x287, 14K)

Good.
I didn't like megas and Z moves.
Now we just need to remove dynamax shit and bring the national dex back and this game is GOTYAY.

Attached: 820418.jpg (439x396, 34K)

with the novelty of glyph mons being really dead, if unown is counted i'm gonna shoot my third testicle off.

Even if they reduces some of the stats, some mons would still be ridiculous

>M-Scizor Lite with a life orb/leftovers

Jesus fuck

Name 5 pokemon

This was honestly my biggest wish for these games. Those retarded mechanics needed to be scrapped.
Now I'm just worried Dynamax is glorified Mega Evolution, which seems to be the case so far.
Either way, this doesn't make up for the massive mon culling but there had to be at least some good news.

Attached: 1542822492225.jpg (736x709, 65K)

I hated megas and Z moves anyway, but holy fuck this game could be a disaster regardless

I knew pokemon was dead but not like this

Attached: sad.gif (560x420, 175K)

Attached: May_posing.png (640x480, 480K)

B2W2 is not included because it's a third version/sequel. Introductory games are what matters first. Also, even if B2W2 were included it would still be beaten by RB and RS.

>sam fisher hiding behind a pokemon thumbnail while going for a stealth takedown

Unless there's some super early battle before you have a chance to grind where you're expected to use it, i'm assuming pretty easy

Beedril
Gyarados
Mawile
Sableye
Alakzam
Medicham
Venusaur

Here's 7. Ur a gay

Diglett, Digtwo, Digtrio, JackieChan, JackieSpam

Yes, it's tenth time i saw it and i'm embarrased by those acting like it's the first they saw this whatenever good or not. I stopped with X/Y, so i'm neutral.

Shame they just replaced it with an even gayer gimmick

Fpbp

Always hated mega evolutions

Beedril, Charizard, Kangaskhan, Pinsir and Pidgeot

Hell let me give you five more, Lopunny, Sableye, Sceptile, Manectric and Aggron

Many people's first impressions of gen 5 were black and white 2;
my first gen 3 game was emerald so that's where my first impression of gen 3 comes from.
I get what you're saying but I do not see the value of discussing weak starts if some games go on to be stronger in the end.
If anything it might point out why some people dislike and otherwise good gen if they just had a bad first impression.
The reason I question the inclusion of first entries and not definitive versions like platinum or crystal is that nearly all of these gens have weaker starts before their 3rd game was released.
It seems silly to me because I'm not sure this has as much value as some people might be giving it.

New evolution > gimmick mega

Retarded gamefreak, the model was already made as well

Is Showdown a good place to battle now even for a scrub like myself? Been itching to do some battles

non-mega gyarados is in no way shit. a better example would be gallade or lopunny

Agumon
Pikablu
Beaver Warrior
Suezo
Whisper

>Alakzam
Was never a "Absolutely shitty, unusable pokemon", neither was Gyarados for that matter

my favorite pokemon is

Attached: 1450051967166.png (514x423, 267K)

It's not about winning or being beat out for me, if your favorite game is better than mine that's cool. My problem with the image was questioning the value of discussing first entries at all.

>No most old pokemon
>No national dex
>No other existing features
What's the point of this game again?
Hard mode: not money

Good riddance.
Inflation is a better gimmick that those two.

skarmory
probopass
eelektrik
golurk
scoliopede
bronzong
joltik

Dobson please don't ruin kaijus for the normies.

Remakes and sequels aren't generation openers. Besides...

BW2:
One starter.
Route 19 gives you Patrat and Purrloin.
Route 20 gives you Sunkern, Pidove, and Sewaddle.
The ranch off of Route 20 gives you Psyduck, Mareep, Azurill, Riolu, and Lillipup.
11 Pokemon available by the time of the first gym, 6 of which are Gen 5 specific.

So B2W2 still falls behind the Kanto games and Hoenn games in regards to promoting new early-game options.

Attached: 1533618825975.gif (248x248, 55K)

Sell merchandise

>Many people's first impressions of gen 5 were black and white 2
proof?

There's a lot more that's been confirmed, plus with all the typos, Pamper is enough to extrapolate.
Extrapolate that this gen is going to be horseshit.

I expect them to cut trainer models for the next game. And graphics altogether for the one after that.
Too much work, you know?

Attached: pokemon- CHARMANDER Gary Here have 5 revives bro.png (320x288, 3K)

Megas and Z-moves are shit though. The only reason Megas even exist is for Game Freak to show favoritism to their favorite Pokemon and to fix poorly designed Pokemon that have no place in modem Pokemon because of power creep bullshit.

In a game where there won't be a national dex and Game Freak can pick and choose which Pokemon are in, Megas are completely unnecessary and broken. Sorry but you're never going to see another Mega again after the Rayquaza debacle.

People complain about all the limitations but this means there's a chance of a more balanced game rather than the "10% of Pokemon are even remotely usable" bullshit we have now.

Attached: 1558935439269.png (1079x720, 387K)

Welp, guess I'm skipping this one.

Attached: 302Sableye-Mega.png (600x600, 55K)

Now it will be 10% of the third of the Pokedex allowed to us that are usable! Praise based GameFreak!

Not him, and completely speaking for me, but white 2 was ok, an improvement on the last pokemon game i played, pearl.

This is an unsubstantiated lie. Mainline sales numbers prove that the first versions for each generation get the most sales and thus the most exposure.
>I do not see the value of discussing weak starts if some games go on to be stronger in the end.
Well, that's your problem. Other posts cited how a considerable portion of Unova pokemon evolve way too late or are introduced to late to be used in BW.

that ain't a mega evo that should have been a hold item.

Even if you wanna disregard those two (still shit mons imo), still just named 5 as requested, so whateva

Wouldn't it have been simpler to just rebalance the stats and move pools rather than introduce some goofy new mechanic?

You know all of the problems with Megas could easily be fixed with balancing and making more megas right?

People just forget that megas made pokemon like Sableeye, Mawile, and kangaskhan legitiamtely good and just parrot that "MUH UBERS META WAS UBERS"

fucking kys

>Sorry but you're never going to see another Mega again after the Rayquaza debacle.
What was wrong with Rayquaza?

Quit lying, faggot. It's completely fair for people judge a generation by their first games.
Unless you're a secondary who gets recommendations years after a generation, you're likely to experience a generations's first games.

Goddamn it, now Beedrill sucks again, I loved mega Beedrill

Wrong. Don't lie on the internet where anybody can look up what you say to see if it's true.

Attached: FAWIC2C.jpg (3000x1800, 287K)

it would be easier for them to do that in a focused sequel since if they do what to focus on balance over quantity it's nessessary to assess what needs to be done instead of demand every broken event pokemon a pass due to a grandfather clause.

makes me so mad that it will sells millions god I want to cry.

>suicune with a sword in its mouth is fine
>even though quadruped knights were done in gen 5
>better than anything
Of course they do, cointrarian shitposter

it's not a lie and it doesn't need to be substantiated, if you're convinced NO ONE bought black 2 white 2 before BW1 then you're the extremist. Many people bought the sequel first it's not about white had more I'm well aware of the sales figures I'm just saying plenty of people skip games all the time, you're talking about pokemon, it's normy core central, people skip all the time

Mega Rayquaza was so utterly broken. It is the strongest pokemon in existence.

Good riddance.

Consume. the. onions.

>it's not a lie and it doesn't need to be substantiated
see

>No Z-Moves

BASED

>You know all of the problems with Megas could easily be fixed with balancing and making more megas right?
You don't fix the game by fucking it even further. If you honestly believe Game Freak could make balanced Megas then you're fucking delusional. Funny how you mention Kangaskhan when its Mega is fucking ridiculous, and you trust this same company to make balanced Megas.

Nah, removing it was the best thing they could have done.

>you're convinced NO ONE bought black 2 white 2 before BW1
Nice strawman, faggot. Nobody said that.

so you think the 9 or so million people that bought BW2 all bought BW1 first? I still think many of those people skipped because not everyone needs to play every single game, you're greatly underestimating how many people among 9 million might have skipped bw1, if anything this image lends me more credibility

>8 million people isn't many

the thing is those things are horses or cows or farmshit, and that was pandering to the height of the bronydom. now we gotta see more pandering to the default cancer of the internet, lupine-masked furfags.

It's a whole new level of broken, game freaks has had balacing issues in the past but this one takes it to a whole new level

youtube.com/watch?v=z6eLt8X-Ndo

Attached: fug.jpg (600x797, 61K)

that substantiates my claims by citing 8 or 9 million people bought the sequel game, many bought the first entry of course but but many skipped as well, unless you have some proof that and overwhelming majority of those sales were all people that bought BW1 then you're full of it.

mega evolution is a stupid gimmick

>Many people bought the sequel first
And many more bought the introductory game first. Are you too stupid to get what people are saying about "first impressions?"

S

That distribution chart never fails to trigger people like you who think that sequels and third versions should matter more that original games.

I thought so too, but Game Freak keeps trying to outdo itself with stupider gimmicks every gen.

Yeah, instead, we get supersizing as a gimmick to take its place!

If that's a strawman then please tell me what your actual argument is, I said among 9 million people many of them probably skipped black white 1. What was argument unless you're trying to say those 9 million people all skipped BW1, I really don't know what else you could be trying to say by telling me that 9 million people bought the game
>hey lots of people started with bw2
>no look it only sold 9 million
>okay so you think those people all skipped bw1?
>lol no strawman what are you saying

Why the FUCK is grubbin that low?

you mean gen 3 lmao

i would take massive steroids over overdesigned attempts at killing loved designs. shit like gen4 Rhyperior should have never started this downhill trend.

Because when you first show off a generation you shouldn't half-ass it.

the cutting of the actual pokemon is horseshit but i'm fucking glad Z-moves and megas are being killed off. Z-moves were shit all around and megas were such a wasted concept so i don't care if they're not included anymore since they were clearly not going to give them to any more pokemon that actually deserved them after ORAS

no we moved past that, I claimed many people experienced the sequel first, you all called me a liar, but now you're agreeing with me and backpedaling. I even explicitly stated my point was not about larger sales figures but rather that many people did begin with the sequels and again, you all called me a liar, and now you have nothing to back your shit up.

you fucking wish, retarded gen 5 hater

it's not a tier list, it's a "before you face the first gym" list you can get.

I actually don't care about sequel or third versions, again all I ever said was many people skipped BW1 and everyone here freaked out like that was a crazy claim or something.

*Ahem*

Fuck megas, fuck Z moves, fuck gigamax, fuck gigamax again, fuck all gimmicks and FUCK GAMEFREAK.

As a matter of fact, just fuck Pokemon in general, because with gamefreak shit will never improve. Ok ok, Mystery Dungeon's alright.

Attached: 2935727396.png (700x700, 184K)

You literally started this stream of posts because you couldn't read and think people are invalid for judging generation based on Gamefreak's introductory games. The more you reply, the more you look like a mad Gen 5 fanboy angry at an objectively true chart.

I was actually going to post that chart to show you guys that among 9 mil some probably skipped, you guys just beat me to posting it, I can't be triggered by something that backs up and substantiates my terrible claim that sometimes people skip games.

What were they thinking?

Oh i'm an idiot and I misread that chart everytime it's posted, my bad

Galar has it's own native sheep, so no Ampharos line.

"hahaha i don't really know"

And people like you are why gamefreak gets away with so much shit.
>people don't like the first two games
>"Just wait for the third version guys!"

Attached: 1505531126395.png (488x331, 261K)

>you look like
that's Ad hominem pal, all I ever said was "why not include the sequels if many people skipped the first entries" you dumb asses decided to die on the hill of "no they didn't people don't skip"
I'm laughing my ass off

i'm not even the user who posted it. sometimes you see one too many tier lists and shit tends to blur.

He said the distribution chart, not the sales chart, you retard. You STILL can't read.

B2W2 is enjoyed, BW generally has a more mixed reception.

>Just making the pokemon bigger is a better idea than giving it new evolutions! Even if they are temporary!
Please kill yourself
How the fuck can you defend such an absolutely bullshit idea as dynamaxing? I'll give you that some megas were blatant favoritism and were given to pokemon that didnt need them, but more pokemon that did need them got them.
>shitting on Rhyperior
>implying later gen evolutions for earlier gen pokemon wasnt already a thing

>all I ever said was "why not include the sequels if many people skipped the first entries"
And people answered. Then you started saying it doesn't count because people could skip games.

>Implying SwSh will have as many Pokemon as BW

Attached: 1538595949572.png (184x184, 57K)

gamefreak didn't do mystery dungeon

i am fine with that but i really am gonna pay attention to how they handle the future of that sheep. it might be important to minigames and doesn't need an evolution, so it would be a win for purists like myself.

stealth rock was the biggest mistake IMO

Spikes were fine but that move was simply too much and warped everything

The sheer amount of people still willing to buy these games even though they're so shitty is baffling. The days of games like Pokemon Crystal and Emerald are long gone.

I think the list confuses me because I remember SM throw tons of Pokemon at you before the first "gym" but they're obviously not new additions, so i instantly think the tier list is wrong or it's some popularity chart

Those people that answered objectively were fine, it was the people that called me a liar for that second claim that made feel the need to explain they misread or misunderstood.

Quite pathetic of them to even come up with those things, to begin with. Dynamaxing will also face the very same fate, and yet they insist, as if Pokemon even needed that kind of gimmicks to attract people into their games

Why even bother delivering such cheap gimmicks, anyway?

I'm makin a noose right now because some faggot has shit taste on the internet.

The chart said why it was made that way.
You had several replies telling you why the chart was made that way.
People elaborated on why the chart was made that way.

Yet you still get butthurt over people saying people's judgments of pokemon generations aren't usually based on seuqles/remakes.

Attached: 1436317063958.jpg (463x460, 74K)

rocks are a bit of a necessary evil since without it switching becomes much more free.

People are still gonna buy this, which is whyt hey can get away with it.

and I listened to those replies but stated I didn't see the value anyway

Good bye Scizor

yes and no

rip my favorite bug types

Regional variations are a much better idea, and I am honestly shocked that they didn't bring any Galar variants to the game, or haven't revealed any yet.

A big fucking pity

>some faggot has shit taste on the internet
Nice way to say (you), since you're the one defending lazily supersizing pokemon as a valid mechanic, you subhuman garbage

explain this image please

Give Ash another region to explore and more lolis to fuck

Good, now get rid of Dynamaxing too.
Shitty gimmicks.

Megas and Z moves were a cool competitive dynamic because you could only use one of each per match.

>"All pokemon does is the same shit over and over every generation"
>Pokemon: "We are sorry and will try harder. Here are Z moves and mega evolutions to make things different."
>"These suck, fuck you"
>Pokemon: "We are sorry again, we will remove them now..."
>"So the games are just rehashes again? FUCK YOU"
>Pokemon: "We are...sorry? Here, have this new mechanic"
>"No this sucks too. Please don't just rehash with no creativity, but also please don't just add terrible new mechanics that make the game worse."

So what exactly do fans want?

wow... so this... is the... pow... er of... /vp/

Attached: u.gif (89x98, 1K)

don't just rehash with no creativity, but also don't just add terrible new mechanics that make the game worse

I feel like they weren't even trying with the color scheme for this one
>Yeah I don't know make the body white, red and blue look good and are primary colors, and gold is cool and shiny, sure that's fine we'll make it look good on the box later

It literally punishes you for choosing the wrong type, and all for just placing it down once

ONCE

Tbh all I want to do if play a 3d pokemon game where my Ttar is my best bro. I will level it to 100 and promptly turn the game off as no other pokemon is worth my time.

Attached: MOTHERFUCKING TTAR.jpg (780x706, 148K)

The new stuff sucs because they're gimmick, just flashy supermoves for the same stale gameplay. I'd rather they take the risk and shake up the archaic combat system that bores me to tears (there's no excuse to have such boring gameplay when many other games manage to make turn based fights more engaging, both in flashyness and core mechanics).

thank god

mega evo and z moves are fucking trash, just like dynamaxing. Why dont you "people" bitch at them to fix the exp pacing while you suddenly wanna improve this shit series?
Im pressing D to dab. suck me dry, poketards.

Attached: d.gif (152x184, 18K)

Rocks definitely need better ways of removal other than rapid spin

>Z moves
Good riddance
>Megas
Right, I'm out

Attached: 1358208995374.jpg (800x549, 85K)

/vp/ fag here, this is what i've suffered for the past few days
Help.

>was a pretty good anti-weather Uber Pokemon for a long time
>Mega is so broken, other Ubers cannot compete due to its sheer utility and absurd move pool
Holy fuck

Attached: 1560359238501.png (230x265, 96K)

spikes in general was a mistake and if they get nerfed or even removed this game only the pettiest of diehard stealthrock mains would bitch.

Is this really the best they could've done? I know it's the shield representative, but maybe they could've put some tasteful armor pieces on it instead of some dumb fucking shield that makes him look so top heavy that he can't balance himself.

the funny thing is that Gamefreak is completely capable of doing it-rotation battles, triple battles etc
They could easily set up battle conditions such as a set permanent weather, permanently active trick room, inverted type effectiveness in some battles, etc, anything other than this disgustingly boring new gimmick

thank fucking god
the idea of megas, z moves and dynamax bullshit all on one team is fucking cancer

Some Megas should have just been evolutions instead of ending up being discarted...

D

youtube.com/watch?v=FbQfZadiSjk

F

Atleast we still have the old games amirite guise?

what is this image supposed to mean?

I didn't pay my bank subscription for 2 years and they didn't delete my pokemon, unless they changed their policies that part of their argument is a blatant lie

Not on Switch we don't

Bah, fuck shitch
I'll stick to DS and to some extent, 3DS games

at least it makes every Pokemon boostable
megas were just a way to make powerful, popular Pokemon even more powerful while the weaker ones that didn't get a mega were made even weaker, relatively

mega beedrill could have been a special evo of a queen beedrill, or a mega kangaskhan baby has a chance of maturing or even change up the breeding mechanic of those things. i wouldn't mind retcon if things are made to make sense like a mother and baby team maybe DON'T hatch from an egg together. and with these ideas, balances to battling can sneak in for hopefully the better, all i'm saying is shit's pretty dumb, how simple gen 1/2 is to how complex the last 4 gens tried to go.

Some people lost their pokemon after one day of expiration, you can't relly on that.

Just cancel the fucking game

Attached: 1495983172095.jpg (799x599, 1.25M)

did anyone unironically like megas? it was cheap digimon ripoff shit

>Scrander ON
That alone sold me on M-Salamence's design.

>at least it makes every Pokemon boostable
>what are Z moves
I'd almost think Gamefreak is hiring shills

It made some shitmons less shit which is nice, but I guess they really didn't have to go full Digimon on them. Tweaking their stats and attacks would've been enough.

It's probably Gen 6 where you see the series take a decline in quality. Gen 4 had HGSS and Pt, Gen 5 had B2W2, Gen 6 and 7 are too much of a mixed bag to really say they are great games. This is coming from someone who enjoyed his run in UM.

There is nothing really wrong with the games mechanically. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. Instead: make sure newly introduced pokemon well designed (both from a balance and an aesthetic point of view), tell a decent story, and maybe try and rebalance the stats and moves of older pokemon.

using one z-move doesn't even come close to the power boost that a permanent stat boost and ability change gives a mon with a mega evolution
size boost is essentially a timed mega evolution that any pokemon can use

I think Gen 7 had its qualities but Ultra was the scammiest "upgrade" in the franchise's history.

>permanent stat boost and ability change gives a mon with a mega evolution
>permanent
>mega evolution
Putting that spiecial kind of retardation aside, if any pokemon could use dynamaxing to boost their stats, what's the point of the mechanic? Worse, since only one pokemon can use it, you sure as hell wont have something like beedrill, heracross, scizor, steelix or sceptile using it since it would mean very little to them as everything else could get the same boost. If only there was another gimmick to make them stronger and more usable?

I agree with you on that. Hearing from a friend of mine who played SM, the changes were hairs short of being able to justify charging another 40 dollars for what is a "third version" split into two games. A DLC patch would have been a better approach, but this is GameFreak.

>add gimmick
>remove them
What's the point of wasting time advertising and designing Z-moves or megas if they get dumpstered?
And that's not even including the non battle mechanic features dropped after a single game.
Same will happen with the dynamaxing gimmick, unless its designed so it can be one and done with no need for future investment when carrying it over.
To be fair megas somehow survived without getting cut in gen 7, but it did pretty much get no more focus.

Attached: wakarimasen, lol.png (891x1300, 860K)

in a battle, mega evolution is permanent and unstoppable, it obviously doesn't persist outside of battle
you can't knock off the mega stone, you can't whirlwind or mist to remove the stat gain, the only counterplay is stat lowering and gastro acid, which isn't mega evolution specific
there are no ways to stop or weaken mega evolution specifically and its probably the strongest tool you can use, it's a cancer mechanic, especially because only chosen pokemon can use it
at least dynamaxing treats every pokemon evenly and the same, makes all pokemon closer to equally viable candidates for it
your argument that no one will want to use it because everyone can use it is retarded because anyone could choose to put a mega evolving pokemon on their team, but that never stopped them from using it

Attached: 1560641957723.jpg (4084x2364, 3.14M)

Unova was unironically good you imbecile

You all better watch that monkey's paw of wishes you want from this series. GF might give in an follow through and your next pokemon games are going going to be like that soulless fake Chinese Pokemon Sun & Moon knockoff where HP and damages are in the thousands. Don't have the link.

Attached: 1550060415807.png (300x300, 170K)

Fucking finally. X/Y killed any love I had left from Pokemon and SuMo is probably the worst pokemon game I've ever played. Now if only there weren't retarded huge pokemon in this game too.

Attached: overly religious body swap man is shocked.jpg (520x718, 70K)

S

This company is fucking retarded.

>your argument that no one will want to use it because everyone can use it is retarded because anyone could choose to put a mega evolving pokemon on their team, but that never stopped them from using it
Except it did because only specific pokemon could mega evolve, you fucking idiot. And mega evolving has powerful benefits-ability changes, stat gain, stat realignment, etc that you pointed out. Dynamaxing is available to everyone, so why would you put it on some weak gimmick pokemon, when you could have it on a wall or sweeper? The argument against megas comes back here full force because these super powerful pokemon can use dynamaxing, and because dynamaxing can be used only once, you'll want to put it on the strongest member to get the most out of it. Dynamaxing is essentally making the same mistake megas did, in that its powering already strong pokemon to be even stronger. Except Dynamaxing is worse, because not only can it be used by literally ALL superpowerful and pseudolegendary pokemon, it came with the price of no more Z moves or mega evolutions, permanently crippling several weak pokemon that deserved the stat boost and could've possibly answered OP dynamax combos
How could you not see this

Would it be 28 individual models they'd have to animate?

>Sceptile
>Beedrill
>Venusaur
>Swampert
Sceptile was never OU viable outside of being a fast subseeder in RSE. His mega didn't change anything. Mega Sceptile had some niche in UU.

Beedrill still wasn't OU viable, but became a big UU powerhouse with the mega.

Venusaur was already OU viable prior to mega evolution, especially during gen 5 weather wars, and Ninetales providing Drought support. Venusaur had Chlorohpyll as a hidden ability and could use Growth in sunlight to gain a double ATK and double SPATK boost. The Mega Venusaur got was also good, but in a completely different way. Whereas Chlorophyll Venusaur with Drought support was a sweeper, Mega Venusaur was a tank.

Swampert was OU in RSE and DPP, but the meta moved past Pokemon that didn't have reliable recovery, especially since other water grounds like Gastrodon could take advantage of Storm Drain as its ability. Swamper gaining Swift Swim as a mega ability in the same gen that weather-granting abilities got nerfed to the ground meant that Swampert never really got to do much of anything. The mega saw some use in UU.

So no, all of these are wrong.

what animation is there other than the motion tweens mastered by newgrounds flash animators? boring mon, useless function in battle, they can stay in the regions they come from.

Gengar's not meta now, he's UU ever since Levitate as his ability got swapped for the much worse Cursed Body. Now he's always OHKO'd by random incoming EQs and doesn't enjoy the same safety he had before by switching INTO EQs/Fighting/Normal attacks safely and immediately threatening a KO back.

temtem?

Why doesn't nintendo just get someone else to make pokemon games?

ahem

Attached: sign.png (980x828, 134K)

Do I still get to feed my pokemons?

Z Moves are Ass but Mega Evolutions were passable, shame

cute. Now go through this list

>a literal merchandising mascot
>UU

sure i understand this guy is a demon but they sell tons of gengar toys to fans. he's pikachu levels popular and can't just stand out of any gen of pokemon out of pure expectation.

>Gengar's not meta now, he's UU ever since Levitate as his ability got swapped for the much worse Cursed Body.
how come they did that anyway

What’s worse is I actually paid money for it to complete my dex since they added 2 new UBs to ultra. Only to find out they’re gone forever anyway

It feels kinda good to be done with this series though

>poison type loses immunity to ground moves
>immediately goes down the competitive ladder
I dunno, wanna guess?
Quite a few pokemon got nerfs and reworks in the seventh gen

You even get to cook for them.

I mean why did they change his ability, I know he suffers because his whole thing was that he could avoid EQ

>Each week raid boss will get an update with new Pokémon to add to the Galar Pokédex
>Now Gamefreak can work on the Pokémons who didn't make it in the original Galar version
>you can use a train to travel from Galar to Kalos
>In Kalos, you can get back the Mega Evolution
There I fixed Sword and Shield

Attached: 1551492250419.png (661x864, 1.13M)

Except I wouldn't trust Nintendo to do even that since they promise weekly updates for the wii eshop and abandoned it after a month or two.

I think he was making Mystery Dungeon the exception to his "fuck Pokemon in general" statement, not the Gamefreak one.

This is all I care about. Thanks user

Pokemon company is your landlord.
The games are your house.

One day, the landlord is tired of taking care of the house you rent. He wants to change policy. So, what can he legally do without backlash? Up the rent. This puts a burden on you while allows him some time for other options.

Pokemon Company did this with Sun/Moon, US/UM and LGP/E. They raised the rent with Sun/Moon by giving you a pokemon game with everything you knew and loved but made it a chore to start multiple playthroughs because of cut scenes. This was raising the rent, round 1.
Round 2 was USun/UMoon, again, Pokemon Company wanting to do something different without backlash.

These two attempts were to garner more kids attracted to the series as shown with the ads put out. I cannot tell you how many times I was sick of seeing that slant eye Japanese kid in every Sun/Moon ad. This was to force out the old tenants (the faggots that stayed with the series and made it successful as it is today) and replace them with new tenants who knew nothing about pokemon or The Pokemon Company.

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee was their 3rd attempt. They lost. The same fan base gobbled their shit up and the same complaints were stated. Pokemon Company had enough.

Pokemon Shield and Sword is your landlord starting a fire at the house. You old dingy tenants get the fuck out. You old fucks were still somehow able to afford the 3 rate increases and are STILL HERE. Enough is enough. Burn the house down, claim your insurance on the house, and rebuild a new house that is in another pricing tier. At this point, you cannot even consider living here. Rent's too high, the landlord sucks. This is what the Pokemon Company wants. A new clientele they can fuck over.

It's time to move to a new house. One that we can afford. We cannot afford another Pokemon under these circumstances.

dynamaxing has a lot of the same issues as mega evolution, sure, but at least it lasts only 3 turns which gives you counterplay options to work around it

Ice.
Cream.
Cone.
Pokémon.

>gigantamaxing's going to be a thing

Attached: cockatrice.png (142x340, 49K)

This is actually a good thing

>ice cream cone got in before anyone's favourites in Sword and Shield
haters btfo'd

>It's time to move to a new house.
Alright. Show me some listings. Oh. You can't because there is not a single viable competitor in the genre right now.

Ice Cream Pokemon > Your Favorite Pokemon

This, none of the other houses fit my needs at all. And I've got all my shit cemented in this one.

If one bad pokemon turned the entire generation into shit then no one would have ever played a single Pokemon game.

>Ice Cream Cone > Starmie
Just stop you sound like an idiot

It isn't wrong to say it is cooler than Starmie

>Sinnoh starter megas never ever

Attached: 1490636410521.jpg (500x531, 17K)

>cooler
Yeah I guess that’s true

Then walk away. Housing is a bad analogy because it implies it's something crucial and necessary. You don't need to give Gamefreak your money, you're just too attached to be able to stop giving it.

Some are good because they add to underused pokemon and have really cool designs (Medicham and Mawile come to mind).
Some are fucking terrible because why do Charizard and Mewtwo needs boosts to useability or power? Mega Rayquaza singlehandedly upheaved the metagame. And other shit like Blaziken and Salamence are just taking pokemon which are already powerful and popular and turning them broken.

Megas were a fantastic idea (arguably should have just been regular evolutions though) that were just utterly butchered in their delivery to us, which is only made worse by the fact that Gamefreak is not sticking to their decisions and improving the pool of megas or tweaking their functionality. Instead they're just opting to ignore each of these 'cool' mechanics in literally the next gen. It was less obvious with megas and z-moves, but there's an actual 0% chance that dynamaxing will ever carry over to gen 9.

It just keeps getting fucking worse

Yeah pokemon like Garchomp and Salamence were just unusable before megas.

>take shit pokemon
>give it another big gay evolution
>this is somehow better than just tweaking shit pokemon directly
Wow I guess no one every thought you could nerf of buff pokemon themselves without needing stage 4 poekymanns.

Because he's not levitating and never has been.

>And I've got all my shit cemented in this one

Lol not anymore

We're talking about Gamefreak, not Nintendo.

I'll just pirate the house.

DPP was top tier subhuman retard

>"Maybe if I just act like a retard and make a purposefully ignorant post, he'll think I have an argument"

And good fucking riddance
all these shitmon's mega evolutions should've been normal evolutions, and all the others weren't fucking needed, why would you give 100 bonus BST to the fucking dragons and/or legendaries

Good god that was stupid, fucking marketing taking priority over gameplay, just another reminder that the pokemon games are nothing but glorified toy commercials

I hate when people do this because it's pretty obvious Nintendo doesn't care about Pokemon either. They let GF make all the shitty choices they want and never intervene.

Holy fuck YES!
I LOVE it when devs take away features from one game to another. It's so... fucking... BASED!
The only thing better would be if they just outright removed some of the pokemon. Now THAT would be badass.

>duck with a leek
>literal goo
>just a ball
etc

I won't defend the worth new designs but that ice cream cone isn't even the worst one
In fact, it's not even ice cream, it's an icicle with snow on top that happens to resemble an ice cream.cone.
It's retarded, yes, but not the worst in the franchise.

Black & white are some of the highest rated games in the franchise, you should try em.
I used to think like you,
With every new gen, I was going "wow they've ran out of ideas", but then I eventually play the game and see all the good designs behind the shit designs.
I'll never play X/Y or sun/moon, though.
Those are too shit even for my standards

t. Sinnohfetus

I'd rather play a mediocre game than no game.

>PokeBritian takes away your rights while insisting it's for your own good

Is GameFreak secretly redpilled?

Attached: 195.png (397x374, 221K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo

>27:30
>Masuda reveals his bullshit
>Bill Trinen, visibly confused, asks Masuda to clarify as Bill has a shiny collection
>Masuda confirms
>Bill Trinen has a look of "oh fuck" for the rest of the video

The best thing about all of this is that Nintendo seems to have had no idea Masuda was gonna fuck the dog this hard

Attached: 1560400032631.png (800x800, 763K)

They're pretty much one and the same, user. When has gamefreak ever been shown to do the opposite? Hell, they made us pay for the pokemon bank and then said "whoops, you can't actually use it now!" so if anything, they're worse.

Thank you for being the problem bro.
Remember to preorder SnS2 so we can fucked even HARDER in the next generation!

Gen III chads win again.

I want an animal collecting and raising game. How am I the problem for buying literally the only one on the market?

I thought his whole thing int he dex and in the show was that he's surprisingly light and floaty like his preevos

Just get the new Digimon game. It's actually adding in Digimon instead of removing them.

It's obviously his reaction to the variety and frequency of wild pokemon in the earlygame. He's crying at gen II and V because they frontload a small handful of boring normal-type pokemon at a high encounter rate.

I didn't realize gen 3 let you get so many pokes before the first gym until this gym. It's so ridiculous when compared to everything else.

good because I love Unova

Digimon is so irrelevant that I did not even know they were still making new ones.

>until this gym
until I saw this image*
fucking brainfart

Well maybe it's popularity will pick up again if SnS keeps shitting the bed this hard.

Megas will be missed, Z-moves will not. Now if only Dynamax would leave too and just give us a traditional Pokemon game.

This is only counting the route and cave that is technically after rustborugh city, where the gym leader is.
You can skip the gym, go through the route and then whismur cave but you have to go back and beat roxanne and then go back again.

dude how do we make this starfish pokemon evolve? I know, let's just glue another one on its back lmao

>every pokemon boostable

You mean the pokemon exclusive to sword and shield’s dex?

I think the point of the image still stands though. Every pokemon game should be like that instead of treating the first gym as the tutorial.

this

Mega Mawile elevated the pokemon a ton for me, so I'm super sad to see it go.

Would have been better as a less-powerful regular evolution though, as with all the good megas.

I'm playing Siralim 3.

Attached: 2019-06-15 22_00_18-_v_ - PRESS F - Video Games - 4chan.png (1930x1070, 314K)

And went back to pandering the genwunners in the next gens because Gen 5 is the least popular with the worst mons and the worst season of the anime attached to it.

I don't think the next Digimon can be a good substitute, the next Dragon Quest Monsters maybe.

>have horrible hipoly models lying around.
>lol we aren't going use them because we are too stupid to scale them for dynamax and need duplicate them.

Attached: why pokemon lag like a bitch.png (524x467, 68K)