Damn this game is based. really mad i didn't play it as a kid now. 30yo boomer who had ps1 instead of n64

Damn this game is based. really mad i didn't play it as a kid now. 30yo boomer who had ps1 instead of n64

Attached: banjo-kazooie-smash-1.jpg (780x440, 39K)

I am so happy this was my first game I owned. And I'm happy other people are enjoying it still.

I only played mario64 a month ago. this feels much nicer, maybe its just the camera but mario feels ancient

I never played it because I don't live in the USA and no one here knows who banjo is

Attached: 1434115794374.png (294x265, 131K)

the smash reveal was the first time i ever heard of him, op

play tooie next

i will, does the swimming get better lol? it feels like the buttons do nothing

Unless you started coming to Yea Forums on the very same day of the direct I doubt it so stop lying to get attention

I hide actual smash discussion threads

cant remember if the controls feel any different in tooie with the swimming. you can go in first person mode while swimming and fire grenade eggs with kazooie though

Yes it does. You get taught how to swim faster by Banjo's fish Royston. Go back to Spiral Mountain after getting the drill move.

THE ETERNAL DEBATE:
Tooie or Kazooie?
Personally, I'm a Tooiefag due to the writing and the wonder I had exploring the fuckhuge worlds as a kid, but both are amazing.

Nuts and Bolts

It does. You also get underwater moves, such as shooting eggs and a Kazooie torpedo. You can swim faster and get more air if you save the fish in Spiral mountain after you get the beak drill attack from Glitter Gulch Mine. Great to get early.

Kazooie was amazing. Tooie took the strengths of Kazooie and added more to them. They're pure 50/50 decided by personal preference.
For me it's Tooie.

>All these people playing Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie for the first time because of the Smash inclusion and liking it

Attached: 1413787276307.jpg (178x81, 5K)

Yes you're allowed to do Banjo's slow swimming and Kazooie's fast swimming at the same time after you help your goldfish get out from under a rock

I haven't touched Kazooie since 1999 and Tooie since 2001.
I really should replay them again.

Attached: erdrick banjo.gif (680x450, 218K)

Tooie. More to do, actual bosses, better transformations, more inventive world themes, hell I even like the FPS segments.

Kazooie's main flaw was the note system, it especially shows in the last two levels where one has a giant bottomless pit and the other has four different layouts.

Tooie's main problem was that some of the shit you had to do was really cryptic, like helping the dinosaur family or deactivating the magnet and using the washing machine. Added points for the cross-world stuff.

The original is great but swimming is too slow and the transformations are barebones. Clanker's Cavern is also a bit of a shitty level.

for what it's worth, the rare replay edition of kazooie gets rid of the note impermanence issue.

Kazooie for me. I appreciate Tooie's ambition but it just ended up being way too bloated.

Tooie for me, it just built on top of Kazooie's great aspects and turned them to 11.

As does the XBLA version (As Rare Replay is just emulating that).
It does introduce a glitch where collecting some notes becomes impossible though. One of the Bottles painting minigames has Banjo collecting notes, and if you haven't been to that level and gotten them yet, when he collects them, they're gone forever.

Hold the button that pans the camera behind you and you should be able to turn in a tighter radius.

Attached: 1559354290920.jpg (750x579, 419K)

It's something I rarely see praised, but I think one of the biggest strengths of the games are the game's texture artwork. Rare really hit it out of the park in comparison to the other platformers at the time with their worlds because they all felt like they had depth to them. They could make a cubed room look more lively and full of life rather than throwing in tons of extra polygons.

Attached: clock clock wood.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

there's also a lot of contextual obstacles rather than re-used assets across each level. the only thing that get transplanted across stages are the kazooie pads really.

Kazooie and Tooie are easily among the best looking games on the N64.

Really? I never knew that. That's even more amazing.

whats best way to play them? n64, hacked wiiu, emulated, 360?

360 or rare replay

I hope to hell they put the XBLA versions of both games, stop and swap features included, on the Switch now that people are learning about these characters.

Attached: gi ledge.png (1022x764, 1.15M)

Attached: mayahem temple.png (600x350, 427K)

Come and have a go

I don’t have an xbox or n64, can I properly play this game on an emulator?
I heard emulated n64 was pretty sketchy, I havn’t tried it before.

what wii or wiiu ?

Japan and Britain don't seem to have that problem, third worlder.

If you think you're hard enough
Grunty Industries really looked amazing all throughout

Attached: BoilerPlant.png (640x480, 270K)

Tried Mupen, runs Kazooie ok and Tooie like shit, switched to Project64, runs both like a charm.

I just beat it and about to play the sequel.

Attached: Banjo-Kazooie (E) (M3) snap0020.jpg (1366x768, 129K)

Same here.

Attached: 1526841439829.jpg (990x881, 187K)

>Enjoy the characters and writing
>Don't like collect-a-thons very much
Fuck, man. I wanted to like the games but I just don't really.

Fair warning, it takes a while to get to level 1. The cutscenes in the beginning and ending tend to drag, but those are the only points they even exist.

>Clanker's Cavern is also a bit of a shitty level.

Well, it's a sewer.

Both are great, but I like Tooie more due to the large worlds, but I know not everyone likes how big they are so I can understand why some people like Kazooie more.

Attached: Bearbird.png (598x818, 364K)

2000 zoomer here, this game is amazing

This unironically.

tooie was tedious. it was like DK64 on steroids with all the backtracking and BS you had to do to even get a single jiggy.

How do you know he was talking about smash threads?

i saw the bears face on them all the time. I never saw it discussed elsewhere

Played both Banjos on the 360 and became a fan.

Anyone with an Xbox has easy acess to these games, they're on the Rare Replay and Gamepass.

One thing I like about Nuts and Bolts is that your vehicles are saved separately from your save file, so if your save file is erased for whatever reason, you keep all your vehicles.

I never owned it as a kid but I rented it a fuck ton, then rented tooie a lot.

I was lucky and found them at EB games when I was 14 for cheap.

I'd say DK64 was more like Tooie on steroids, even though it came first

Project 64 works pretty good up until you get to the Jiggy Wiggy's temple. It's not a big deal, but the puzzle pieces don't align properly when you get into the Puzzle minigames. Still easy to solve them, just looks weird.

I don't know, I think there is actually waaaay more shit to collect in DK 64. You have golden bananas, regular bananas, balloons, coins, blueprints, potions, weapons, instruments, crystals, ammo, oranges, banana fairies, and all of that multiplied by 5 for each kong.

The only thing tedious to Tooie is all the backtracking, but it kinda makes the worlds feel connected. You can even see the entirety of Isle O Hags at some point, which is pretty cool.

Attached: IsleOHags.jpg (639x475, 30K)

That's pure hyperbole. DK64 was unbelievably tedious. Tooie never required you to backtrack to the same rooms 4-5 different times with different characters to 100% collect absolutely required bullshit.

I wonder of me enjoying DK64 as much as I did is a genuine sign of autism.

It would be cooler if I had any fucking clue what any of the areas were supposed to be aside from Hailfire Peaks.

The only 3 besides Hailfire I can pinpoint are Terrydactyland, Witchyworld, and Mayahem Temple. The rest are a mystery. You could maybe say the yellow area is Grunty Industries but it's a stretch

Absolutely based

Same, that and DK64 were the only 3D platformers I had on the N64.

Oh shit. I just realised it was mine too. I definitely had access to a nes, snes, hell even a Commodore 64 and Atari growing up. But the n64 mum and dad got me and my little brother for Christmas 98 was the first console we personally owned and it was the banjo kazooie bundle. Cool.
And yes, easily one of the best games ever made. Me and my siblings were blown away by the tv game show part at the end.

I'm so glad people start to enjoy games like Banjo or Dragon Quest III. Having a good timeline right now.

I live in south american shithole country and everybody knows him. Even non-boomers.

I need to put the dragon's quest games on my to-play list. Where's the best place to get them?

how would you recommend getting into DQ? dunno where to start so many versions

I absolutely adored Kazooie. My nephew had Tooie so when I went to my sister's place I tried to play it a few times but I couldn't get into it because I couldn't have long enough play sessions to distinguish it from Kazooie and learn how it differed. I have that type of autism that doesn't like change. Not to the point where I'd buy the same Call of Duty or sport game every year but if a sequel is drastically different it makes me realise I kinda just wanted more of the same.

23 here, this was one of my first games along with Mario Kart 64, Cruisin' USA, Pokemon Stadium, Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, and Tetrisphere. Not sure what I actually played first since my brother was the one who received the console as a gift.

This. I'm from Scandinavia, no one has heard about this fucker.

Tooie is fucking garbage. I appreciate that they gave you all the skills from the previous game at the start but that meant coming up with new super situational retarded gimmick abilities that you barely use. It would have been the perfect opportunity to have a versatile yet simple movepool from the start like mario64 but nope, they couldn't resist adding filler crap on top of crap on top of crap.

>Tooie is fucking garbage

Attached: zooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooom.png (8728x4416, 160K)

DQI-III -> SNES
DQ IV-IX -> DS and 3DS
X is a japan-only MMORPG
XI Switch or PC

Most of the early games are also on android/iOS

>omg its bigger and has more content so that totally means it must be better

Attached: wojak.jpg (680x339, 35K)

if you didn't have a n64 why do you care about banjo being in?

I like that too. BK is a great game with cool levels. Walking across Spiral Mountain feels so right (BK being a game with more grounded physics).
My favorite levels are Rusty Bucket Bay, Clic Clock Woods, Treasure Trove Cove and Freezeezy Peak

I cant replay it in an afternoon

so ids bed

Attached: brenlit.png (211x239, 5K)

>I enjoy wasting my time with pointless padding busywork

>implying i care or have ever played smash
i was just interested in the games hes from as everyone is going on about him all the time since the direct

oh nevermind I misread your post
I thought you were saying smash is based for putting banjo in
yeah banjo is fun

its fair, the image is from smash

Banjo is extremely popular in Scandinavia and the rest of Europe. He's a British character for fucks sake. B-K was one of those games EVERY kid had, along with Mario 64 and Zelda.

You are outing yourself as zoomers.

The note system in Kazooie is one of the game's absolute best features and the only thing that keeps it exciting every time even after so many years.

Retarded casuals can go fuck right off.

Post Grunty

Attached: gruntilda_winkybunion_10.png (404x1107, 303K)

Attached: 1560331287628.jpg (652x2823, 347K)

I dont see how they will be able to feature the transformations on Smash which were such an important part of Banjos appeal.

The Jinjonator isnt even that iconic and they could have featured the Jinjos in other ways. The final smash should have been Mumbo showing up and transforming Banjo into the Trex form. Huge missed opportunity

Attached: T-Rex_Banjo_BT.jpg (518x286, 153K)

>mumbo
>not big tittied wumba

now that you mentioned it she was indeed the bitch who transformed him in tooie. fuck her though, Mumbo is the true third member of the crew, too bad none of the original tranformations in kazooie are final smash worthy

>fuck her though
Trust me I wanted to

So I haven't played Banjo-Kazooie in a long time, what's the easiest console to get it on now? I'm assuming the 360, right? I might just try emulating the 64 version if so

good luck having a sexualized native american caricature make an appearance in smash

my braindead ass can get it working in seconds on a new PC so i'd say just emulate

Cool, thank you user

64 emulation or wait for MS to port Rare Replay to Switch and/or PC

They'll probably put in the transformations as Spirits

Attached: 1558384676528.png (1228x1228, 1.81M)

>Smash Ultimate was his first game he owned

Holy shit, newfag.

>Megaman is the washing machine

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Kazooie, Tooie is great but it’s ambition makes it much less focused.

Oddly enough, Dragon Quest IX on DS was my first game and I really think it was awesome. The content was insane and so was the post game.

BK gets talked about all the time outside smash threads, you're so full of shit, fucking zoomer.

>Those digits
I don't think the transformations could be spirits since they don't have official renders. I'd love to see them somehow be included in a Mumbo spirit battle.

Attached: 1560566780425.png (700x600, 126K)

Will her spirit battle use Wario or K. Rool?

Attached: Gruntilda.png (829x1249, 454K)

>There is no art of Bayonetta and Grunty being witch friends

Attached: Samsara_of_Heavenly_Life_Technique.png (400x362, 270K)

Sadly Bayonetta most likely

Jamal, get back to the mines, there are still diamonds to be extracted, dont make me use the whip again.

God I wish we could get a Grunty rhyme for all the characters.

you can’t be this dense if you think they’re talking about Ultimate

Attached: 0B34B50E-DA7A-4672-9023-B30EA0CC4225.jpg (403x427, 56K)

It would be great if we get a Young Gruntilda spirit with Bayonetta as the fighter add K. Rool or Bowser as a 2nd fighter for monster Tootie

hahaha xD triggered
u mad bro??

is it weird that i want to fuck gruntilda in her old form?