Comfy Animal Crossing thread

At first I was shocked and appalled at the reveal, but now I'm very hyped. I want to keep talking it! What are you guys most looking forward to?

Attached: 1541584422557.png (860x680, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RrD9ptfF0iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh-2UeEoflQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Decorating every inch of my town. Feeling like every piece of furniture has value and could belong somewhere.

Having nogami as one of the directors gives me hope. Splatoon 2 has the best online of any Nintendo game so far. Hopefully AC will get similar treatment.

New Fish and Bugs

I'm looking forward to seeing more footage of the game!
I can't wait to design my town and see who my first two villagers are. And listen to the hourly music. And maybe play online with strangers on Yea Forums.
You guys wouldn't trample my rare flowers, would you?

I'd dig holes everywhere

New music.

I'm a bit disappointed by the size. I'm hoping we can expand our villages somehow.

Has the "one town per system" thing been confirmed or denied?

Last I heard everybody, including the person who reported it, said she was confused by the info she got.

If it's truly only 1 town per system my hype will die bros :(

I hope the devs include the grass/sand/snow patterns from previous games. The new game looks really bland and empty without them.

I remember in an after school club I used to go to, a lot of people there brought their DS, and some had animal crossing. Me and my no-good friend once entered a younger kid's town during a multiplayer session. We went round efficiently cutting every tree down. He'd axe them down, I'd shovel away the stump leaving no trace. We were pissing ourselves laughing that the guy had no clue.

I'm also very hyped, I was craving for some new Animal Crossing stuff for a long while. This might finally convince me to get a switch
How long until the next direct, treehouse or whatever? I want more info, specially intrigued about those Nook Inc. packages.

Attached: nook.gif (512x384, 1.26M)

I'm excited they're ditching the rolling log! Oh wait...

Attached: animal crossing mk.jpg (1000x563, 132K)

It's very optimistic of you to think they'll be other packages. If I were you I'd just assume we're getting what they've spoken about so far, and the obvious things.

I'm looking forward to having more options to decorate, and new systems so there's more to do. I hope crafting is fleshed out enough that you can set your own goals in crafting like you do in collecting other things, and I hope recipes aren't as hard to get as buildings in New Leaf. I've been playing since release and still don't have them all (I know there are ways to cheese it but I don't like to do that.
I hope there's some Amiibo compatibility to bring over my two favorite villagers.
Finally, though it's a bit more ambitious, I hope we can have multiple town-islands (we can fly between them with the plane at the bottom of the map) so we can have different themes and more accessible villagers.
I'd be happy without that last kne though, and either way can't wait for more news!
Confirmed, because each PC villager is tied to a switch user account and data is stored to the system instead of cartridges. Sorry, user :(

I'm going to start New Leaf for the first time while waiting for New Horizons

Attached: tumblr_pc9h19bPbl1xrqgt2o1_640.gif (560x314, 1.61M)

I'm not seeing any info on it besides the original article that talks about it, so I'll try to hold out hope. I can't believe if I want a second town I have to buy a whole new system :(

I can't help but feel this image is cheating a little bit.
>sunset glamour shot
>cliffs and varied geometry everywhere, would not be conducive to a fun time in actual ac
The shadows on the current version COULD be darker, and there being more contrast to make the game really pop, though.

Animal Crossing wouldn't work without it's tile based system, and that scale wouldn't work with the top down view either, it would mean the houses take up too much camera space, or the camera would have to zoom out leaving your character tiny. I admit the lighting of that track and the models are both beautiful.

You do realise this looks visually good because it's designed to look good right?
It would be terrible to actually play on a map like that.
Plus without a grid, placing of stuff would be more complicated and resource heavy.
The switch isn't very powerful.

One day maybe we'll get something closer to this, but it makes much more sense to judge a game based on what it is, than what it could be user.

Me too!! I have to buy a 2DS and the game once I get payed though. But soon.

you've always needed a second system to have a second town. that's how the game has always been designed—you and the people you share the system with all share the town. it's intentional game design.

Not for the GameCube version, you just needed a different memory card.
Now, you need to have two Switches. Which means two copies of the game if you're planning to play at the same time.
Nintendo are smart... release a cool bundle version of an AC themed Switch and I'll buy that and give my old one to my wife's daughter to play.

Well hey, at least they finally ditched the flat, boring world generator from Wild World and brought back actual cliffs! Oh...

They took this from you.
youtu.be/RrD9ptfF0iQ

Attached: CEAD47E1-6F01-43F8-8161-FCAC4FB9FB40.png (1334x750, 3.51M)

don't forget squids

we won't be seeing a direct or anything until at least December

wow it looks so sterle compared to the GC.

it's clean and crisp but I'm a newbie to this series I like how minimalistic everything is especially menus and text bubbles

Attached: ac nook phone.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

I'm pissed that game freak is responsible for the delay, they need to go under already and just have someone else develop the pokemon games so nintendo doesn't have to swoop in to help their asses

I thought the reason was there being too much left to do which could only be achieved by crunch which they disagree with

Wait Nogami is a director? I thought he was a producer.

This is what I'm talking about. The new game lacks the small textures and patterns that all the other games have. The small circles/triangles covering the grass and the waves in the water aren't present or are almost inexistent in the new game.

Attached: fishing.jpg (620x350, 41K)

yeah the water doesn't look like it's flowing but I prefer the new grass and trees

looks poor

to each his own but I much prefer it

Attached: ac inventory.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

I think it looks more like flowing water in motion, so they don't need to rely on moving textures to portray it. As for the geometric textures there are clear patches of them in the grass More than I remember in the demo, so it may be something they'll work in more later. Overall it's pretty subjective, and I feel mostly looks strange in being new. If it still feels wrong a month into the game, then it'll be an issue.

I'll watch the video again, but everything from Nintendo lately is looking bland.

the game starts out a whole lot emptier than previous AC games but I expect the end result will be a deeper connection to the town and it's inhabitants when you finally get everything just how you want it

Attached: ac yards.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

The features are cool, but it's too flat, I was watching.

Even the clock is modern and flat.

flat is justice

Attached: ac map.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

Hope villagers I've forged a deeper connection with won't up and leave without notice..

don't disappear for a month and let your island get overgrown with weeds and they might not leave

Attached: file.png (790x394, 525K)

It was only once, but in NL Genji moved out while I was playing every day. He never ran up to me to tell me his plan, and no other villager ever mentioned it to me.
All I can think is that he was triggered to approach me one time (from offscreen, didn't hear the surprised sound because I often played with sound off) and I walked away.

well they confirmed that villagers might leave but the how and why are something we'll jsut have to experience

It was all made right to me when we were allowed to scan in villagers with Amiibo. It feels really fake/boring to curate your entire town, but it was nice to be able to bring him back, as well as one other who left when I was on hiatus.
As long as they bring that back and I can place them where I want/where they were, I'm not too concerned about a favorite leaving.

I'm not so keen on features locked behind amiibo

I can understand that, but at the same time having them all in a menu would feel pretty immersion breaking.
Worst case scenario, you can bootleg the Amiibo with your phone and a dollar nfc chip, which in my opinion is better than it not being there at all.

The potential for outside decorating is going to be nice. I still want public works tier projects like street lights/etc.
Also want to see how house expansion works. New Leaf had one of the best looking homes in the series after you got all the rooms added on.

Attached: 1544032119460.jpg (400x240, 22K)

just make it a Nook app. You message a lost animal and persuade them to come back or at least get a reason why they left

>feels really fake/boring to curate your entire town
>but

Attached: 1560107880297.png (779x744, 478K)

Good idea! That does cover the accidentally letting a loved villager leave without letting people build an all star village just because they bought a bunch of cards. Could even be balanced by making you buy their NookAir ticket back out.
Pocket camp added some really large furniture pieces (4x4 or 5x5, can't remember). Hopefully pieces like that will make it into this entry.
Calm down, I was describing two different scenarios: making everyone you love from the old games and not getting to experience meeting new villagers VS making up for a (very frustrating) event that could happen seemingly out of nowhere.

I hope the house customization is more than just 5/6 themes

well if there's a limit on Animal population then letting people leave might be a good idea to keep things fresh

Yes this. The trees look better but the grass and water look so flat. At least pattern the grass and dirt paths.

Attached: 1543571403757.jpg (815x573, 118K)

I like how the villagers have actual hooves and small feet now instead of just nubs

Or have a campsite that can cycle and let me meet new villagers without feeling like my town is permanent and that relationships I've forged for a year are worthless.

really wish they'd bring this back, it was iconic to the series and honestly it looks so clinical and sterile without it.
Not exactly the vibe they're going for with the whole island thing.

minimalism is shit. AC needs the patterns and colours, the new UI feels so unnatural

seems like you either commit to living out of a tent or you develop into an island village. There's no in between

Attached: ac beach.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

And SLEEVES!

i'm so glad they all have actual clothes instead of the vest-tops

>game freak is responsible for the delay
source?

I too love flat girls user

uff da

the fact you can make a drink out of coconuts and a flower crown is really cute

>The look of the water when it rains
MUH

Doesn't seem to change much...

Attached: 1543556845927.png (727x641, 330K)

I just noticed this
Villagers can sit on the ground

Attached: 1558186221790.png (536x434, 317K)

that's a really short skirt

Attached: ac neon pink.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

animal crossing villagers have always been naked on their lower half

yeah but that was Ducktales bottomless which is fine but if someone is wearing something that's unquestionably supposed to be a dress and looks like one when they're walking about it gives a whole different feeling when it rides up their legs when they sit down or whatever

Girlfriend?

That's Fuchsia's catchphrase.

BLAZE IT

Attached: D8zDBCHUYAAIW_-.png (510x179, 67K)

It's not what you are thinking user... Villagers always have a catchphrase they repeat a lot.

Did anyone here play with another player and lay on a double bed together and repeatedly roll into each other pretending it was sex?

wonder if they'll be some item you can get that requires a crazy amount of weeds
would be cool since you're gonna be ending up with so many.

seems to me like weeds are going to be the early game easy money maker

I mean I did it for the lols but it wasnt like we were all horny about it

yeah I meant for the lols haha

They specifically said they're making it so there's no one activity that makes the most money. They want players to constantly have a balance of everything being worth their time, even catching the most common butterfly, for the entire game

I'm looking forward to collecting new clothes and visiting other people's islands that are way better designed than my own. I also had a pretty cute interaction on New Leaf where I visited some random Japanese girl's town and she gave me some sparklers. I'm hoping I can do more international visits in NH.

Yeah, now every method is going to be shit.

Turnips will still rule

Calm down Syndrome
It just means you can do what you want to earn money rather than being forced to grind something

I meant it's a bountiful renewable resource not currently used in many crafting recipes that you somewhat automatically pick up because it makes the place look scruffy. Seems better to sell those for early cash than to sell iron or wood which are used in multiple recipes

Attached: ac mineral rock.png (564x614, 522K)

good thinking user

Attached: 1535326743264.jpg (400x400, 99K)

I can't fucking wait

That isn't going to happen. If one method is so much as 10% better than the second best method, that one method is going to be the only thing people do for bells.

I just remembered my mom has a garden gnome phobia

but you have to wait nine months

Honestly that looks almost like a placeholder. Like more a prototype for the idea that your main menu will be a smartphone, and then they'll give it some textures and things, make it look more like a contemporary device.

More excitingly, I hope we get something of a more social element to the phone, like animals texting you, maybe a GPS so if Bob wanders off and you need to make a delivery you know where they are.

Attached: D84YFJDXkAAdufg.jpg orig.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

I don't think so
the reason people grinded the island so much is because it was over 10 times as much money per hour than anything else.
People won't care as much if something is only 1.1 times as much. Most people won't trade their enjoyment or put themselves through a boring task just for 10% more bells. I personally won't, anyway

I'd rather a delay than rushed game

Don't get too excited they ain't adding dating mechanics yet

>yet
ever*

it probably looks bad because most people are used to their devices being on Dark Mode

I hope they make a lot of outdoors items. I can't remember much from the newest games.

i cant wait to get in bed with a girl and bump into each other to imply sex haha

It's not so much that it's bright but that it looks really plain.
Menus in previous AC titles had a lot of outlining, scrolling backgrounds, it was bright and vivid.

Attached: 1460393338-inventory.jpg (480x360, 44K)

>People won't care as much if something is only 1.1 times as much
Yes they will. If they spend 10 hours grinding something that is 10% more efficient, they're saving one hour from doing the less efficient methods. It adds up over time, and all it takes is one autist running a spreadsheet to steer what everyone playing the game does for bells.

every item can be an outdoor item if you want it to be

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

I haven't played Pocket Camp, but there were lots of furniture items in new leaf and wild world that were appropriate for outdoors. There was even a wallpaper/carpet set that made a room look like a backyard so you could pretend it was outside. There was a beach setting too I think. Pocket Camp, being based on outdoor life, has added much much more outdoor furniture, I'm sure.
I remember in New Leaf, one furniture item was a giant wave breaker. Who the fuck would want that in their house?

Sigh, I was hoping for better dialogue.

It doesn't need look like pic related, but adding some definition and not literally just being a rounded rectangle would give it a little more visual charisma.

Attached: 68423204523173211.jpg (600x337, 29K)

Yeah I understand there's a small difference but it's not a big enough difference for it to matter to casual players.

to me there's too much stuff going on there

Number 3 looks like Dark Mode and the other 2 aren't all that bright

Sorry, I meant a campsite like the works project in New Leaf where different villagers visit for a day, and if you pass a few games with them you can invite them to town.

>user liked my post so much he posted it again
th-thanks user

yeah I mean the only reason I grinded in new leaf in general was because beatles were worth so much, you do beetles from 5PM to store close a couple times a week and you were pretty much paid off and incredibly wealthy very quickly
Very manageable amount of grind for anyone really.

I am lowkey hoping there's nothing that crazy in new horizons just cause it'd be nice to play that early game just scraping by point in the game since I've been playing end game in new leaf for years now, my town was started when NL just came out.

ive been wishing so hard for a new animal crossing game ever since the wiiu ages
i cant wait to play this game during a slow and quiet 2am while i think about the universe

Attached: tumblr_inline_nllkwhlBuT1qb9x1g.gif (500x745, 11K)

You can't really judge it on the greeting dialogue

same
But March 2020 is so far away... I don't know where I'll be by then. I hope I still have time for video games. But I've been thinking like this for years, cos that's what it's like waiting for animal crossing games to release.

so how long exactly do you expect it to take from loner in a tent to Mayor of a town on this island

This. At least make them have to talk to the player before they can leave.
I've had a couple of villagers leave while I was playing every day. I passed both of them several times and talked to them like I normally would do every day and neither pinged me to let me know they were moving. It was just a horrible surprise because I really liked both of them.

let's not call it mayor
but to get a town going will probably take a month of playing every day. That's my estimate.

It's only 9 months away friend
Pretend it's like a baby and maybe try to find some friends to play with by then.

friends aren't really my thing
and if it was a baby I could just lie on a sofa with no pressure to do anything

Well from how long it took to build up your village in new leaf I'd say something like 6 months? Maybe more? I'm a horrible judge of time but it takes a while to get everything opened and gracy and such since you have to wait from day to day doin it bit by bit and you need to meet certain requirements and things.

putting in one or two of your favorites is not the same as dictating every single villager who moves in

Here's a video by someone who sounds like a baby talking about everything they don't like about New Horizons after 2-3 minutes complaining about how mean everyone is
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh-2UeEoflQ

Nobody cares.

how did you even find this video

>sounds like a baby

I mean, you see how much money those kids who have channels where they just review fucking toys make? Maybe it is a baby.

Maybe it's a baby trying to astroturf their channel on Yea Forums.

This is adorable. Amazing how rabid unthinking drones will even attack a little girl if she threatens the idea that the game they plan to buy is perfect.

Honestly, there wasn't much that I didn't like from the reveal if I'm being honest. The lighting looked great and the graphical changes don't bother me much. I guess the grass and dirt could look a bit more like the older games but it's not something that I have any real complains about. Weeges Mansion looked great as well. Overall very happy with Nintendo at this e3 which is the first time in a long time.

The things are really hope for are as follows. Most of them probably won't happen though.

1. Permanent slots for outdoor items that don't take up inventory space. This has bugged me since the first game.

2. More bugs, fish, fossils, and a less annoying way to fill out the museums art exhibits.

3. Removal of the rolling log shit. I REALLY fucking wish they would go back to the acres system of the first game or at least have an option for it. Makes organizing shit easier imo.

4. Villagers with more soul ala the first game. Every game after the first has neutered the villagers dialogue more and more.

5. A debit or credit card to avoid carrying around bells and to avoid so many trips to the ATM.

6. More detailed information about the fish/bugs/fossils ect. Iirc WW had some interesting tibits of information in the encyclopedia.

7. GYROID STORAGE OR EXHIBIT IN THE FUCKING MUSEUM. I hate having to sell these fuckers.

8. Improved deep sea shit from New Leaf. It was boring as fuck in New Leaf imo.

Attached: 1546516110522.jpg (750x499, 39K)

I watched a load of breakdown and Youtube decided I'd like to see it

yesterday several anons seemed like they wanted a realistic aka something other than waves of praise appraisal of the game

I tried to watch it all but I disagreed with so many of her points that I wasn't going to watch 25 minutes of that until she got to what she liked plus she sounds like a baby

Bless her soul, she went and assumed anything not shown here wasn't in the game anymore.
Explains how she got a 30 minute video out of this too.
She's going on about how shops are gone and designs are gone and so on.
At least it means she'll be pleasantly surprised in the future. :)

super gay pick btw

1. At present it looks like you won't get your wish
4. the dialgoue was either 4th wall breaking E3 stuff or didn't go beyond a greeting so hard to tell
6. is efficiency of motion really something you expect in an AC game but there's an ATM in Nook's tent

Attached: ac nook tent.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)