youtube.com/watch?v=fLbfyYDYAyU
youtu.be/aCAZYdphJHU?list=PLXMGlOyhl3OzzjCfRYcfNQ07O5qVg-pRz&t=44
twitter.com/JayroachSSB/status/1139246840719691776
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>normies are finally giving game freak the shit they deserve
Feels good

It's a 2010 game being released in 2019

Woah hold up, the pokemon fanbase actually has a spine?

Autism was activated.

Nothing, it's well deserved

Imagine the next smash when they don't bring everyone back. Nintendo has really backed themselves into a corner with these kinds of moves.

Attached: 1538001934982.png (413x437, 148K)

Cutting Pokémon was the straw that broke the camel's back I guess. It makes sense though, because casuals aren't going to care as much about cut features, but the second Gamefreak touches their favorites, it all went to hell. As a huge Pokémon fan it feels amazing to see them finally fucking get the backlash they deserve from the audience that matters most to Gamefreak these days, the casual crowd.

First 4 generations was enough.

More like what went fucking right which pic related answers properly.

Hopefully this will translate to sales hitting a new low.

Sakurai is not the kind of person to half-ass things. If he can't put everyone back in, he'll create something crazy to mitigate the absence.

This

gamefreak are the laziest and least talented devs in the industry. people need to get them off the pokemon franchise already.

Don't fool yourself, this game still gonna sell like hotcakes

Eh, Brawl and Sm4sh both had cuts, there will be complaints sure but it's not unprecedented.

>I-I-It's not a fetish, I was born a WOMAN in a M-MAN'S body!
>Proceeds to post in a transfetish subreddit /r/manmadedicks discussing how they'd like to eat fake pussies and have fake pussies

Reminder that it's not common for real women to behave like this. Discussing overtly sexual desires and being a horny, hypersexual individual is not generally how a woman acts. Women take sexual gratification in other forms, like reading erotica, or passionate, romantic scenes in movies. Yes, there are hidden desires, which is why Fifty Shades is so popular, but women usually don't broadcast this shit. What do those traits remind you of? Men. That's how men behave. Horny, hypersexual, perverted, lustful, the same way a tranny behaves. Remember transfaggots, you'll never be a REAL woman, no matter how much your delusional fucked up brain tries to convince you otherwise.

Attached: BLLLARRRRRGHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.png (1326x1008, 701K)

It really does. Unfortunately I do doubt this will have the lasting effects that it rightfully should.

I thought this was the last smash sakurai is heading

They outright said that this would likely be the case if they did another one, and they did it for Brawl and 4 without much upset.

they are all gonna buy it anyway

Why do people hate it?
As an outsider, Isn't this just the same tried and tested pokemon stuff that always sells a bunch, only with 3D graphics? What did they do to get people to dislike it?

Normalfags still enjoy it, the ones hating on it are the autistic pokefags

This

Lmao

At least there's metacritic's user score which will hopefully surface in solid red upon release.

Are you okay retard?

Ultimate was established as a one-time thing from the start while every mainline Pokémon game minus Let's Go where Gamefreak more or less told everybody to wait another year for the real game has never cut Pokémon before. It's this downward spiral of cutting features for Gamefreak and now it's gotten to the point where they're cutting Pokémon. It's fucking unacceptable and they're being called out on it.

Attached: IMG_0312.jpg (742x1024, 75K)

Sakurai already said he ain't doing it again when Ultimate was on the launch campaign, so most fans paying attention already know this is the swansong for the OG Smash series.

>Are The Most Hated Games At E3 2019
I don't doubt it, but how do you even measure something like this?

No, he stopped saying that after Smash 4. His current stance is that while he'd like the Smash series to take a long break, he'd be hard-pressed not to come back at the helm every time since he regards it as his baby.

Cope more tranny, you'll never be a female.

Attached: 7834612342.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Trans rights was a mistake

Attached: yukari_lemon.jpg (1024x920, 155K)

Former rode on Brawl hype and latter was due to hardware limitations via handheld.

Why would normies care about cut Pokemon? I bet they don't even use poke bank at all

>magine the next smash when they don't bring everyone back.
This was unironically my wish for Ultimate, but instead we got "Everyone is Here!". In retrospect I have to admit that what we got was much better.
But for the next one? I really wouldn't mind them cutting the roster, provided they actually redo all the characters.

No way. He'll hopefully take a break to make another game and come back to it later.

This is all true

They rushed the job and gave the project to the B team while the main one works at some literal who forgettable RPG named Town so they decided to start cutting pokemon and now you can only store them in their paid cloud service

I don't have it, but it's based on number of views of the E3 2019 trailer on the official youtube channel / number of dislikes on the video. Pokémon is like double the ratio of the next game in the list.

All they literally had to say was
>not every pokemon will be available at launch but we will patch in batches after launch to ensure full continuity

Considering people using Pokemon Home/Bank are paying for the service, they are perfectly entitled to demand full compatibility in this regard

Attached: 75243431_p0.jpg (693x1011, 396K)

Reddit went full
>YAAAS GAMERS RISE UP THIS IS FINALLY THE END OF [game]
Happens a few times a year. Nobody can predict what will set them off and it never really changes anything. Reddit will kick and scream and then they, and all the casuals who don't care to begin with, will buy Pokemon just like they always do.

Pokemon fans rejecting GameFreak and it's failure to innovate? This must be a fake!

>implying they wont erase negative user score like they have done it on the past.

Also Pokemon target demographic doesn't even know what metacritic is.

Their sloth finally caught up with them

But Game Freak has no intention of actually patching every Pokémon in, so why say it? It's possible they'll be forced to do it now because of the backlash, but it absolutely wasn't in the cards from the beginning.

you're just as bad as them

Attached: 1559313698548.jpg (897x1121, 186K)

Smash in it's current form will end with Ultimate. It's definitely getting ported to the next console.

I personally don't care if a game has less than all one thousand or whatever unique Pokémon in it, I enjoyed Colosseum with its limited number of Pokémon as well, and I can imagine it would be impossible to properly animate and balance so many different Pokémon. Won't stop turbo autists from flipping their shit because their specific favorite isn't in though. Gamefreak kinda made an impossible to please monster with their fanbase and they finally will face shit for fucking up so much lately.

The concept of a dream match isn't new. You see a lot of games bring everyone back no matter what, to then move onto a smaller entry. You've just got to show significant growth and advantages of doing so. Though i think it would have been smart to give ultimate a gimmick like being a tag game, those have the have big rosters. So the one after being a standard smash would be justification alone

Don't use Hansode for shitposting please.

Didn't they say it was a design decision? Technical wise, since they've always been doing it before, they should be able to do it for this gen. But they didn't so I can only think that it really is a design decision. Probably because of the Dynamax raids?

They're not even mad about stagnation, which they should be, they're mad it's not even MORE stagnant. Basically, autistic people can't handle change and they're currently REEEEEEEEEing as hard as they can.

Right, they didn't and they don't have the intention.
But not being able to include every pokemon at the outset would've gone over way better if they at least had a roadmap towards a complete pokedex.

What does this have to do with Pokemon? God I fucking hate this /pol/ shit where no one is bringing up tranny anything and trannys have nothing to do with the topic yet here they are, spouting tranny shit all fucking day.

They're in all of your games now, you can't ignore it anymore user. It's time to fight back.

Attached: 1541379549747.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Except this isn't the case at all and you are just literally making shit up.

Manchildren are the only people that use metacritic so of course the target audience is aware of it

>Though i think it would have been smart to give ultimate a gimmick like being a tag game
They did add that as a side mode.

I'd have no problem with them cutting Pokémon if the promises of improved animations and balanced gameplay weren't blatant lies but the fact of the matter is they're cutting Pokémon because they need to rush the game out for the holidays, and I'm not OK with that.

>Didn't they say it was a design decision?
It's not a design decision, Masuda is known for just spewing bullshittery every time they fuck up
Like when they removed trainer customization from the Hoenn remakes because "it's a remake we want to be close to the originals!!" but then kept it for the Kanto remakes

Back To ResetEra faggot, this isn't your safe space.

Attached: 1560486731301.png (800x448, 636K)

Were you under a rock this whole month while every fucking company came out as "supporting lgbbqt rights"? Fuck off loser, if you don't like hearing about it how do you think normal people feel?

If Iwata was alive and healthy, he would have slapped Game Freak straight.
Absolutely no way he would have allowed Nintendo's biggest property in history to face such backlash.

What's more, Iwata would have realized way ahead of time, and would have slapped them straight before it would even become a controversy in the first place.

Attached: 1436754300692.png (848x494, 457K)

It fills me with aetherial joy seeing everyone in the fanbase finally realise just how big of a hacks GF is and the lying jew that is Masuda. I know that the games will still sell well, but if these turds will still have the shit that have been memed to hell by now like teleporting Steelix or the the N64 trees and keep their words of having no plans on reintroducing old mons after the game's out with patches/DLC, people will rip these games a new one. They thought they could get away with it this time, but it was the final poke that awoke the giant.

Attached: 1536164527589.gif (436x320, 855K)

Character customization seems to have been the one feature that they clearly intended to remove (they even originally said it was Kalos' thing as a region focused on fashion back when they cut it for ORAS) but eventually decided to turn into a staple.

>What does this have to do with Pokemon?
Well the Pokemon fanbase is made up of sub 10 year olds and autists so guess who's going to be attracted to these threads?

>If Iwata was alive and healthy, he would have slapped Game Freak straight.
Nah. He was still alive when X/Y were a thing. Nintendo doesnt care about the quality of Pokemon as long as it sells hardware. Stop idealizing shit

To be fair, he passes.
If you're that universally weird looking, it's basically impossible to determine gender anyway.

/pol/niggers like who have nothing better to do.

Just like how they complained about LGPE and then voted with their wallets?...oh, hang on....

So was melee, so was brawl, so was 4
Are you seeing a pattern, yet? Sakurai didn't even know he was heading brawl until e3, when they showed the trailer.

So one of those two.

All fighting games have gone through this. The answer is simple: Severely rework the game so it feels fresh even with less characters, and add some cool new characters to compensate for the ones missing. Pokemon isn't a fighting game but the principle is the same. For example, why not completely rebalance the pokemon that will be in SwSh? You finally have a good excuse to change their stats, people have been asking that for a while but Gamefreak is too stubborn to do it.

Gen V wasn't that bad.

Normies have favorites too. Fuck, even little kids who play this as their very first Pokemon game will probably feel left out when they realize the previous games had more monsters in them than the one they have.

>Pokemon is finally dying
Thank fucking god.

Are the plebs FINALLY waking up to the bullshit that Gamefreak is?

Attached: image.jpg (327x557, 63K)

XY are the best-reviewing games in the franchise and they were the first time the first games in a new generation outsold those of the previous one. There's nothing wrong with what Game Freak did there and they certainly didn't attract the backlash of the general public like they're doing now, which is what can actually harm a franchise's integrity among the masses.

That's being overly generous.
There were games being released in 2007 more advanced looking than it is.

Attached: folklore_sc008.jpg (1280x720, 265K)

Normies? Nah no way. Most of the "fanbase" are just kids that ask their parents to buy the new Pokemon because he saw an ad on TV.

and unironically despise all its flaws XY is the best mainline on 3DS in fact the best Pokmoen on 3DS if we think about it since spin-offs are dead too

Gamefreak couldn't even fit the original gold/silver game into a gbc cart and iwata optimized it so well that it could also fit the whole Kanto region. And he did it ALONE.

He is not to blame from gamefreak being stupid and making huge models for a 3DS game.

>XY are the best-reviewing games in the franchise
>Using metacritic argument
Opinion discarded.

>2019
>pokemon
What the fuck is wrong with you bingbingwahooeing niggers? Go find a girlfriend instead of being upset over some shovelware for kids for fucks sake.

Attached: 1520545426853.jpg (1076x921, 574K)

>Pokemon feature
>staple
no feature is safe, Masuda is coming for the one thing you care about eventually

Attached: 1538973918253.png (1108x1478, 1.75M)

All people want is to be able to transfer over the Pokémon they've had for the past 15 years and dragged across 3 handheld consoles. Game mechanics have barely improved in years, the games have always been visually outdated compared to everything else but it had this dumb special feature that you could transfer the Pokémon you caught 15 years ago all the way up to the newest game everytime. The worst part is that prior to announcing the culling they revealed the new app feature needed to transfer from the 3DS games to the Switch games. And now because the normies can't grandfather their Pokémon from when they were kids they're now starting to nitpick at Game Freak's other incompetent actions with the games.

And it's not like the existing 3D models need much work considering how good they actually look if you run the games with Citra on PC.

Attached: 1495232768026.png (443x485, 171K)

Last time they cut the roster they cut some of the best characters and added a bunch of shitters. Fuck Smash 4.

>normalfags
>pokemon
Pick cotton

They're still pretty bad all things considered.

go advertise your shitty twitter somewhere else, faggot.

Nintendo should 100% buy out Game Freak, fire everybody, and outsource Pokemon to another game department or even a different game company./

What is Vanillaware was in charge of Pokemon?

says the absolute human waste farming click with fake outrage and botted dislikes.

Who cares? Pokemon sells hardware for Nintendo. They literally have no reason to care as long as it sells.

Haha, imagine caring about stuff you enjoy.

It really is funny, they tolerate constant scraping of new ideas and innovations from previous titles and general downgrading, but god forbid that they have to start playing with new pokemons

you are on Yea Forums and getting treated like the vermin you are, nothing /pol/ there, you dumb sack of toxic waste.

There is no metric barring critical reception, sales and general fan reactions that companies should take into account when reviewing how a series is performing. The vast majority of the people buying Pokémon liked gens 6 and 7, it doesn't matter if a small but loud part of the fanbase didn't, they're not the only ones buying the games. What is happening with Sword and Shield so far is different from that since the backlash clearly went big.

their next move should be a straight remaster of melee. glitches and all.

The thing is that the IP ownership is a clusterfuck between Nintendo, TPC and Gamefreak.

I doubt the reviewer actually checked around for opinions.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-11-21h21m54s330.png (1920x1090, 1.3M)

Vanillaware seemingly can't release a game they've been working on for the past six years and they put out a paid one-hour VN prologue in the meantime so I'm not sure how much they could be trusted.

I'm not saying that they are not bad (I like them and I recognize they are flawled), what i'm saying is that is sad that we have to say that XY, games that obviously were rushed, incomplete, and that didn't even get the 3rd version redemption are the best games on the system.

>What is happening with Sword and Shield so far is different from that since the backlash clearly went big.
We'll see about that. Pokemon fans are shit eating cucks in general and the 3ds games proved that already.

Difference being.
Pokemon has always used the catchphrase "Gotta catch 'em all", and this will be the first installment where you can't (and that hurts, despite everyone knew this would eventually happen).
Smash doesn't suffer from this, and has already had two games where not all of the previous fighters where available.

Nobody's touching your 20 years old game you enjoy, nigger. Run the emulator and play it as much as you want. But new games made for new generation of kids born in 2010s aren't your fucking business.

Vanillaware is dead if their new game flops though.

>3ds games proved that already.
No, what it proved it was LGTB.

Well yeah, it's Pokémon so it's basically impossible for the backlash to be so widespread it'll lead to the games outright flopping, but even a, say, 10% decline in sales would be huge and would run counter to the significantly increased performances pretty much all Nintendo franchises have been seeing on Switch. That plus the backlash would be enough to signal that there's something wrong with this direction.

Gamers rose up

BE
FUCKING
SATISFIED

Attached: 1560620638862.jpg (594x698, 44K)

Monolith would make a good pokemon

>My Milotic is almost 17 years old
Fuck, it truly is the simple things.

Are you retarded?

let me know when you come back to reality.

Attached: Whaaat.png (512x434, 452K)

Attached: 1447029274511.jpg (802x437, 84K)

Probably due the the culling outrage, but many people are also pissed over the removal of Megas and Z moves. You just know GF is going to bring back most of those formerly useless gen 1 and 3 pokemon who lost their Megas too, wasting slots.

I don't even really give a fuck about the smaller roster, but I am really bothered about how barren the overworld looks. It's OOT Hyrule Field levels of empty-looking

Limited pokemon isn’t the issue, dipshit. its the pokemon outright decoded from the game

Hi MaZe

People are complaining about the national dex but I just think it looks shit.

haha yeah dude I agree give me that anonymous karma *slurps on a dick* yeah man haha it looks... umm... so bad!

hey buddy i think you got the wrong thread. the leather thread is two blocks down

>Pokemon has always used the catchphrase "Gotta catch 'em all"
Not in Japan. In Japan it's "Let's Get (catch) Pokemon!"

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

That headline is bullshit. Garbage like Commander Keen is WAY more hated, and deservedly so. Stop pretending like most people actually care about this whole dex thing beyond a "that's unfortunate" reaction.

Attached: 12c9a48062d285f38b1cdd52be5662f9--little-witch-academia-sucy-anime-characters.jpg (225x350, 12K)

I honestly prefer when a new gen focuses on the new Pokémon. I’ve already used the ones I like dozens of times in all the previous titles.

If that's what he wants, then I hope they at least port a complete edition to the next generation.

I mean at this point I'm pretty sure they could just keep porting Ultimate to whatever new console there is and just add a few new characters each time
I don't really know where else Smash could go from Ultimate aside from maybe Melee 2 or just doing something completely different like a 3D fighter

>Worldwide n2 franchise. Muh 3 workers cant do that much....
LMAO

Yeah but they don't keep up with videogame news, they will only see the marketing's and buy it like always.

OH BOY

Attached: tranny_eat_me_out.png (1063x357, 26K)

>Bille Blaze
Please tell me she lives.

Remove the ability to CATCH'EM ALL and of course everyone will be pissed off. That line was ingrained in millions of autists so of course they'd be pissed

This is a good replacement

pokemon has been going downhill since gen 3. the quality is finally reaching subpar standards so people are starting to notice. call me nostaliafag or genwoner all you want but it's the truth.

3DS games were a mistake

>pokemon has been going downhill since gen 3.
gen 4 and 5 are better on literally every aspect.

This game has a nice aesthetic. youtube.com/watch?v=fLbfyYDYAyU

Am I crazy, or have you been unable to catch every Pokémon in most of the games over the past 10-15 years?
Even when you unlock the National dex, you can’t find all of the hundreds of Pokémon in the game world. So it seems disingenuous to say “people are mad you can’t catch them all” and more accurate to say “people are mad you can’t port them all from previous games.”
Is it really a bad thing that they want to focus on what’s new instead of wasting time and resources porting the other Pokémon you’ve had a thousand opportunities to use already? You fucking know they’ll do it eventually, so can’t they just focus on new content for now? Or is the game simply unacceptable if you can’t immediately port over a Garbodor?

You must be retarded dude. Never before has stuff been hardlocked from the games before, you could always trade it over, battle people who had those mons, breed stuff out for yourself, whatever. Now you get to pay for Home and dump all your shit in there and just hope that its going to be compatible with the new games.

You dumb fucks should actually look into why this is a problem because you come across like total retards every time you go UMMMMM COULDNT YOU NOT CATCH EVERY MON IN EVERY GAME BEFORE XD

It was possible in gen 3. Gen 4 required bringing certain pokemon up from the GBA games (I think they called it the pal park, I don't remember exactly). Gen 5 required interaction with the previous generations too, and 6/7 have that lazy friend area that generates a batch of missing pokemon a few at a time depending on your friend code. It's always been lazily implemented and either requires gaming the system or owning many of the previous entries.

Im amazed people actually said smth,since GF barely does anything to improve the games and most fans still eat it up.I suppose casual fans(like myself) and hardcore fans finally found smth to be pissed at with the new dex.

Attached: 1521288026696.png (164x199, 95K)

Actually, there are tons of event-only legendaries as well. There have been multiple chances to get them, but many have been unavailable for years at this point. Pokemon went to shit a long time ago, it needs a reboot.

>Make an entire franchise built around variety and a multitude of Pokemon
>Encourage people to use their favorites in battle and not just go for the strongest Pokemon
>Announce Pokemon Home to transfer your Pokemon to Switch titles
>Confirm the only Pokemon getting in are normie bait and waifu bait Pokemon
Can't wait for Pokemon to die desu

Attached: 1560134168508.jpg (560x800, 78K)

Attached: 1560349328016.jpg (680x1020, 101K)

THEY LITERALLY SAID THAT EVERY POKEMON BEING IN ONE GAME IS OVER

THIS IS A POLICY GOING FORWARD

THERE ARE NO PATCHES

THIS IS YOUR POKEMON GAME NOW

Attached: Untitled.png (1074x672, 909K)

The pokemon trailer has the highest dislike per view ratio of any game at E3, actually

It won't die but Nintendo will oust out devs who fuck with their profits. The fact is Nintendo needs pokemon move more Switch units.

>complained about LGPE
No? Normies loved it before and after the release.

>"PLEASE NO BULLYING OUR 90 BILLION DOLAR COMPANY PLEAAASE!"
Cope and dilate harder, furryshill.

>normies
Hahahaha, no. user, it's all the autistic Pokefans that are doing this. All the normies are too busy drawing and fapping to Nessa porn.

>fire everybody
Nah. Just Masuda and his bitch Ohmori.

If the game doesn’t look like shit aesthetically then I’m sure fans wouldn’t mind. Smash ultimate probably has all those characters because it’s basically just a reskin of smash 4. Sword and shield on the other hand look like a shitty upscaled 3Ds game

You're an idiot. Pokemon will sell a lot regardless of the amount of bitching. It can sell half the usual amount and still be considered to be making more profit than 90% of all games released in the same year. No one is getting fired.

>normies drawing nessa porn
I laughed hard.
And yeah. Normies are mad. Even on facebook hated it.

You mean something fighting games does all the time?

They should either cut Off Echoes or make Clones into proper echoes.

If they cut characters like fire emblem shitters or Dark Pit I wouldn't mind.

No.

It's just like Call of Duty fans. They whine about every single game but they still keep buying it.

>Facebook
Unironically, leave and never come back. What's next? You're going to start talking about the people from reddit or Youtube comments?

Another Shill bingo! Yay! But a lot of ud stopped buying these shits since 3DS could be hacked. We also skipped LGPEE.
>COD
More like Battlefield V.

>leave and never come back
Saw the shit on screenshots in /vp/, but whatever makes you sleep at night and keep you sucking Masuda's cock, furrymong.

Eh Smash already has the precedent of roster mix ups so it wouldn't make such a big explosion.

>THERE ARE NO PATCHES
This. NPChills need to undertand this. "Patchs" are called "Third Versions" or remakes.

>People think it's only the mega-autists complaining

I see regular ass people I've met before complaining about this on the internet

Yes retard. See the explosion of Pokemon GO.
Not everyone is a fucking autist mix/maxing EV and they're probably not even aware of that in the first place

>THIS IS A POLICY GOING FORWARD
It will stop after the shitstorm these games have brewed up.

based but also dear trannies please seek help that won't encourage you to cut your dick off. You are not well and anyone encouraging your delusions do not have your best interest in mind.

Attached: boycott mw2.png (1572x1316, 1.73M)

They did. LGPE sold barely 60% of Sun and Moon for fuck's sake.

As someone who never played Pokemon, what's wrong with this one

Attached: 1508174414529.png (700x417, 397K)

The gutted the roster. Over half of it is just gone.

From the thumbnail I thought the Trainer was Squidward

Nope. They have no reason to. Their primary demographics has always been the new incoming fans aka children. It's why they've succeeded in the industry while other games like Digimon and YW had floundered. A teenager can choose to boycott the game but a parent can never deny buying the game for their children without looking like a giant ass to them. All this current media shitstorm will ultimately be just a roadbump and nothing will change.

over half the roster was trash. hell, some of it was even literally trash.

>1 out of 17 pages
>Already shows all the people who are online on page one

I'd like to believe it'll make a difference, but it won't.
The game will still sell like fucking hotcakes.
By all means keep complaining and shitting on Gamefreak though, maybe I'm wrong and something will happen.

He's been saying it's his last one since Melee.

Imagine an expansion to your favorite MMO that just removed half the classes. Not a rework, not a tweak, just literal removal, "sorry, if you want to use those classes you can't play this update"

And then they told you that going forward, every expansion would choose some classes at random to allow, and others to disallow, and the only way you could keep your progress on those classes was to leave them in an online, subscription-based secondary service limbo where you couldn't do anything with them except wait for their turn to play.

Then imagine that your favorite MMO was the most profitable media franchise in the history of the world, and they told you that the reason for this decision was that "implementing all those classes every expansion is too much work"

That's what happened.

Normies are the ones throwing the shitfit, though.
People who actually care about Pokemon and like it as a series will continue to buy it.

>being skeptical of bullshit memes
You don't belong here. That's a compliment.

After spending several generations trying to include all the pokemon as post-game incentive they dropped the Idea of supporting them all in a single game and just upped the number of old pokemon being in a region with the new ones because the number of total pokemon has gotten go high for them to do it in a time they feel comfortable with (The Yearly release they've gotten accustomed to) and some excuse about online balance.

And it made roughly equal to/greater amount of money than S/M. It costs 50% more also while selling an absurd amount of the more expensive Pokeball edition. LGPE is the worst example to use here.

In a series where a large part of the appeal is choosing your favorites from a huge pool of choices they are removing half the pool.

>Ah but you can't expect those poor devs to bring 800+ assets up to date every gen!

Each gen gets weaker than the last. Fewer pokemon per gen, horrible gimmicks, worse game design overall(Gen 7 has the all time worst level and map design in the series) and then GF is already engaging in as much shameless corner cutting as possible(Pokemon Stadium 1 on the N64 has better combat animations than the Double Kick you'll see in Gen 8 or Lets Go.) You have an AAA company as part of Nintendo who famously put everything they have into their first party games, one of the most successful franchises on the planet, last gen and spin off have millions and millions of sales and they say PLEASE EXCUSE, TOO MUCH WORK, MIGHT HAVE TO HIRE ADDITIONAL 3D MODELERS!!!

It's embarrassing. Pokemon is a franchise where each sequel now has a large chance to go backwards in quality. Pokefags will argue about the exact placements forever but it's undeniable that Gen 1-3 were better than what we have now and Gen 3-5 were probably the best in the series concerning overall quality and features added without being removed. The series hasn't improved for over a decade, at least. Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1534953726666.jpg (612x612, 91K)

Sounds like a fighting games
>Then imagine that your favorite MMO was the most profitable media franchise in the history of the world, and they told you that the reason for this decision was that "implementing all those classes every expansion is too much work"
I'm not seeing how the two are related

>like hotcakes
Why do people act like a Pokemon game selling well is the same as a Pokemon game selling well enough?

It isn't, it really isn't. This is a franchise that makes money hand over fist, handing in an 8-million seller generation is an absolute failure, just because 8 million units is a lot by global game standards doesn't mean it won't be a career-stopping failure in the world of Pokemon.

This is how shit like Battlefield V or Anthem manage to fail to meet sales expectations despite raking in hundreds of millions of dollars. It isn't about raw revenue generated, it's about how well this title fared compared to the previous titles.

Should have been Pokemon battle royale. It's 2019.

>The next smash

Attached: 1499307465563.png (692x687, 238K)

>The Yearly release they've gotten accustomed to
What yearly release?

No, cutting Pokémon from the game is actually new. If anything, this is Pokémon rejecting Game Freak FOR (poorly) innovating.

You could literally transfer any of the Pokemon from RSE/FRLG to Colosseum, this is substantially different where, like in LGPE, the data for all the other Pokemon were missing entirely.

>In a series where a large part of the appeal is choosing your favorites from a huge pool of choices
The series appeal has and always will be the continued exploration and discovery of new pokemon.
There's a reason people get excited when new starters are revealed.
There's a reason people get excited about evolutions and new pokemon.
When we get new regions most fans want new pokemon.

You don't understand how a dev team might get more work done over the course of 20 years if they steadily expanded as they drew wild, insane profits from day 1?

That it's a joke to suggest that The Pokemon Company can't afford to implement all the Pokemon in a Pokemon game.

Honestly, the truth is that they just don't want to deal with 800+ pokemons anymore. They had never planned on doing this for 20 years but the games keep selling. If they are to somehow going to keep doing this for 20 more years, they needed to put a stop to stuff carrying over.

Except the majority of Pokemon games are clearly made on the cheap, despite their rampant success.
I don't know how you could look at Anthem/Battlefield and look at Pokemon and think they have even remotely the same budget.

Nope, HGSS released then and those games are a masterpiece compared to the crap we got afterwards.

Attached: tumblr_mb6ju10oY21qh0ocho1_500.gif (500x375, 699K)

No, the trailer was the year after. They did announce it without him being on board, though.

What the hell is to "deal with"? The models are done, the animations are done, the stat sets and move pools are done. They can change them if they want to but many generations they don't, and nobody cares or complains.

It's literally, LITERALLY a case of pressing ctrl+c and then ctrl+v on all the existing pokemon assets. That's all implementation would take.

This isn't a labor-saving or cost-cutting measure.

What're you talking about? Gen 7 did 16m+ in sales and Lets Go has broken 10-11m.

this

HGSS and BW2 are generally considered to be the best games in the whole franchise

Personally, I'm just amused people think GF makes most of its money from the video game when merchandising makes up over 50% of their market value. They can cancel SwSh and still be making millions of dollars.

Not really because that idea seems to say that a company is in constant expansion while ignoring the possibility that sometimes a task might just be to large for the company and can't be done without hiring extra help, most likely in the form of another company.

>It's literally, LITERALLY a case of pressing ctrl+c and then ctrl+v on all the existing pokemon assets. That's all implementation would take.
Do retards actually believe this is how game development works?

Both things are true. It is exciting to see new pokemon. It is exciting to keep your favorite across gens. It's very exciting because the majority of games have no carry over.

Don't even try to listen to the bullshit they tell you. They can't bring their pokemon into the new game and the pokemon bank being only tied to handhelds and thats it. The crying about "quality" is absolute bullshit after these past 4 gens.

Attached: HNI_0098.jpg (400x240, 19K)

>are clearly made on the cheap
Source: my ass
>It's literally, LITERALLY a case of pressing ctrl+c and then ctrl+v on all the existing pokemon assets
Source: My big fat ass

Literally nothing.
All those seething retards will still be lining up eat GF's shit at launch.

I'd agree if it was any company but GameFreak.

they are halfassing it

>DON'T BELIEVE YOUR LYING EYES
If you're not getting paid for this, yikes.

Imagine thinking a stronger focus on a region by region basis is a bad thing.
Fucking autist.

Gamefreak isn't the Pokemon Company. They see only part of their profits.

Because if you cut five, add fifteen, and change the rest it still feels like a newer, better game. With Pokemon they're cutting five hundred, adding fifty, and making the rest of the game smaller and simpler.

jokes on you that happened exactly in wow
warrior going from wotlk to bfa, which is like 4 expansions, has gone from around 50 abiliites to now 15

How do we get Nintendo to buy GF's share of the Pokemon IP

Attached: 20190615_131539.jpg (1080x1744, 826K)

The issue is that they always used the excuse of the pokemon to justify the game's graphics and limitations, but now they threw away that excuse without improving everything else.

God I fucking love twitter screencaps I love them so much I wish to marry a fucking twitter screencap and have half twitter screencap daughters on my tomb please put a twitter screencap

The series prior to Sword and Shield has always allowed every Pokemon to exist in it and be transferred from previous generations. While not every Pokemon is catchable in each game without trading/transfer, you could have every Pokemon in that single game if you transferred.

They have stated that moving forward and starting with Sword and Shield, the only Pokemon that can be in the game are Pokemon native to the region in that game. That means only some of the previous Pokemon will be in, and that the ones that aren't, simply aren't even coded into the game. Their reasoning for this is:

>"[...] the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there's going to be more added in these games. And now that they're on the Nintendo Switch, we're creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it's coming down to the battle system. We're making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine.

>We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system."

tl;dr, They're no longer allowing every Pokemon to be in every game. Note that you will still be able to continue transferring your Pokemon indefinitely via Pokemon Home, an app that will connect to all future Pokemon games that acts as the primary transfer method, extra Pokemon storage, and another way to do trades.

My personal opinion is that this was an inevitability so I'm not too upset as long as I can still transfer them via Home and they can be used in at least some games, but as someone who is autistically attached to a certain bromon, I do get peoples frustrations.

Attached: DKReuWrXUAEDZwP.jpg (561x889, 68K)

You seem very sure of what you're saying, so got any sources?
Very class in WoW has gotten abilities removed.

Because they don't want to deal with 800+ Pokemon. The list will just keep growing every year. If they plan on making a new gimmick that any Pokemon can use in the next iteration, it's going to be 900-1000+ Pokemons to work with, and then 1100+ the year after, and so forth. It just keeps growing and growing. No sane company wants to deal with that.

Are they still charging for the Pokemon bank now?

This is not like Colosseum at all. In Colosseum you could still use and transfer pokemon from RSE and FRLG.

But that's good. Think of all the jobs you could create. Think of the dlc.

>Gamefreak finally being held accountable
I'm sorry, wrong? What do you mean?

>Very class in WoW has gotten abilities removed.
true, but not as much Warrior got gutted
they even removed the class defining ability (stances) and didnt give anything else in return, warrior now feels like every other class but now starts with 0 resources in a fight with no resource builder instead of 100

Of course they are

I dont trust nintendo(shit)soup as a source but if it's truly the most hated then it hopefully sends a message that they cant quarter-ass their games and expect the fans to eat it up...

...who am I kidding? They wont care either way, they still got the dominant casual consumers who'll buy it in the millions again.

Oh well, I'll try to move on to digimon or that temtem game to fill the void.

Attached: 1490139971357s.jpg (250x191, 6K)

>If that's what he wants, then I hope they at least port a complete edition to the next generation.

Port it and then just keep adding to it, like have seasons that include a character, stage and selection of music + a selection of crap no one cares about. do like 4-5 of those a year, they dont have to be 3rd party

>I enjoyed Colosseum with its limited number of Pokémon as well,
You're missing the point. You could trade any Pokemon that wasn't in Colosseum to Colosseum if you wanted, the situation is nowhere near the same. Nobody is pissed because you won't be able to catch every single pokemon in ONE GAME, that's never been possible and the closest it ever got was with Diamond and Pearl, where between them you only needed to transfer over legendaries and starters (though you did need the Gen III games in the GBA slot while playing to make some Pokemon appear). The issue is that you won't be able to transfer Pokemon over AT ALL if they don't already appear in the game already. Favorite Pokemon is some random Gen V mon like Lilligant? Well you better pray to god she's native to Galar, because you're not fucking using her otherwise.

And the reason that people are upset about this isn't just because "oh I want my favorites gamefreak stop being lazy!" because they've always been lazy as fuck. The reason they're claiming this is being done in the first place is because they have to make new models and animations, but we know that's absolute bullshit because they're CLEARLY using the exact same models and animations they've been using since XY. They don't have to do anything different other than include the Pokemon that already exist, using the models that already exist, and use the movesets that already exist. The've done the exact same fucking thing for every fucking Pokemon generation previously, and it's even less work than before because in Gen I-V they actually had to make new fucking sprites for all the old Pokemon.

Fuck Game Freak. They've been fucking over everyone but the most casual players since Gen VI started, and people are finally rightfully sick of it.

Attached: comp-656x369.jpg (656x369, 33K)

You faggots really need to stop trying to explain this shit with analogies. Most of them fall apart because in 99% of cases no developer supports retroactive content for as long as Game Freak has. MMOs do remove content, fighters do sometimes drop characters between major iterations. Sometimes it's a necessity. Guilty Gear Xrd sure as fuck wouldn't exist if they forced themselves to try and make every prior Guilty Gear character in that new engine and visual style.

It's not that I don't get the frustration, because I do. But you need to actually give meaningful context, not awful comparisons like these.

Bank is still a paid service, we don't know if Home will be. People are assuming it will be based on the fact Bank is, but that's purely an assumption at this point.

>absolute bullshit because they're CLEARLY using the exact same models and animations they've been using since XY
You say that but the pictures you posted suggests otherwise

Oh, so you're exchanging limiting the # of Pokemon for paid DLC now? If that's your great solution, then I rather stick with GF then.

Fuck Young Link and Pichu.

I said models not textures. It's the same model just rendered at a lower resolution.

To all the people that say that is not a problem because they will only cut shitmons. They are only one type of Pokémon that usualy gets passed over from being available in the games.
Going by the previous games and looking what POkemon you were only available to get by transferring from a previous gen, we can think that the Pokemon that aren't going to be in Sword and Shield are:

>Shitmons
Stantler
Qwilfish
Finneon
Basculin
>Gimmickmons
Unown
Castform
Chatot
Sawsbuck
>Starters
Feraligatr
Blaziken
Greninja
Incineroar
>Legendaries
Lugia
Rayquaza
Landorus
Xerneas
>Mythicals
Deoxys
Darkrai
Victini
Zeraora

Besides these Fossil Pokémon are also some that could be in danger so you could be saying goodbye to Aerodactyl, XY as much as it sucked Kanto's dick only had 114 out of 150 Kantomons and Masuda confirmed that not all of POkémon from LGPE are going to be in Sword and Shield.

The Starters, Legendaries and Mythicals are some of the most popular Pokémon and cutting them will make a lot of people mad.

Cut content and poor lying. They pushed the idea that in trade of not including all pokemon they were going to focus on the quality of content instead.

As you can see in all the pictures and videos it is clear their quality is a joke.

Better than being lazy

and I'm seeing some slight changes in between the two images. Pikachu on the left has black eyes while Pikachu on the right seems to have more dark brown eyes. RPikachu has a much lighter color on the base of his tail and his right foot dosen't exactly melt into his body the same way the left version does. The smile is also darker on Lpikachu,

Or does all that fall under textures?

I'm sorry, but you're actually picking paid DLC as the better alternative here. What the fuck is wrong with you?

no.

>Blaziken. Greninja, Incineroar
I seriously doubt that they won't be available in the game

Lighting and textures, yes. Do you know the difference between a model and textures on the model? The model is the polygons that make up the object/character. The textures are what make up basically the "skin" of the model.

The issue with the foot is because of the increased resolution allowing for more clarity.

What alternative? Nothing? Get back to work gamefreak.

not him, but i'd actually choose to pay for a juicy product that gives me content than no product at all

Pokemon has needed a fundamental redesign for over 15 years. Not just tweaks to monsters/balance/overworld/exploration. A total ground up rebuild throwing out everything from 4 Attack turn based battles to the insipid quest for 8 gym badges.

>the first pokemon game set in BRITAIN is the one that will be remembered as the greatest failure

Poetry

>for the dumbest fucking reason possible
Where was all the outrage a game ago?

Play any of the countless spin offs. Please. That's literally what they make them for, so you faggots who insist the main games shouldn't be turn based battles can enjoy Pokemon in other ways.

Not that user, but I'm failing to understand why I should care if they are in or not. I didn't care if we get the prior game starters in S/M and just played with what we got in the Alola region. Would getting those starters change my single player experience in S/M in any meaningful way?

holy shit do you actually believe what you are writing? I can't

>The series prior to Sword and Shield has always allowed every Pokemon to exist in it and be transferred from previous generations

thats a lie

>you could have every Pokemon in that single game if you transferred.

thats also another lie

>Fuck Pichu
Gladly.

Attached: 1533963112428.png (410x392, 112K)

The alternative is something other than paid DLC, you retard. Come up with a more reasonable choice than give them more money.

>Redesign
yes.
>Like the main formula
No. Fuck off, idiot. Spin offs exist for a reason.

smash didn't have you pay yearly for a service to store your characters in "THE CLOUD" so that you could use them in the future for the next set of games

You could transfer a Pokemon from your original red & blue copy all the way to Sun moon if you wanted to.

Shit piles on over time. And if GF don't shape up this time, the backlash will be even bigger with their next games.
In a perfect world this would have happened during X and Y

I don't really play pokemon but holy shit does Sword and Shield really look like a crappy 3DS game. I can't imagine why anyone would buy it for $40 on release.

Either she grows up to be Doomgirl, or all this time Doomguy has been two Keen children stacked inside a suit of armor.

Attached: 1463141797_doom_femart_by_grobi_grafik-d9s506i.jpg (1024x1522, 756K)

My mistake, I had intended to state the first part wasn't true between Gen 2 and 3. I hit the 2,000 character limit and trying to fit the post in, I forgot to go back and specify.

How am I wrong about the second one though? Unless you're talking about specifically when Ruby/Sapphire existed before FireRed and LeafGreen.

Incorrect, there is no legitimate way to transfer from Gen 1 and 2 to Gen 3. 1 and 2 are cut off from 3 through 7.

But besides Ultimate, Smash had rarely fully carried all the characters over to the next iteration.

>every single game should be here's your starter, here's your gyms, oh no there's a bad guy team in the way sometimes of your gyms that you have to clear first, now there's more gyms, now there's the elite four and champ, roll credits
If you enjoy more than two generations of pokemon, the first you played and the next, then you're mentally ill.
May as well just be shelling out for your yearly Madden.

It's ridiculous how the models could look when run on something that wasn't the 3DS. Just mute the video and skim through the models youtu.be/aCAZYdphJHU?list=PLXMGlOyhl3OzzjCfRYcfNQ07O5qVg-pRz&t=44

no you could not.
GBA remakes of originals yes, but don't lie and say you can with the GB games

This
Reminder that:
>Stadium is dead
>Pinball is dead
>Ranger is dead
>MD is dead
>Pokepark is dead
>Conquest is WAY beyond dead
>Even Trozei/Shuffle is dead
>Rumble is on Mobile hell and looking at Shuffle it will be dead un 3yrs~ minimum
>DP is standing but only because Warner didn't want to use Ash as a Main character beacuse there's 22 movies with him
>Pokken underperformed twice and they may had canceled the 3rd DLC Pack in favor of a Vanguard figthan (and considering that the Vanguard fanbase isn't as casual as the Pokémon one + the fact that is multiplatform means that it will probally outsell PT and PTDX combined)
>And TPC wants to erase them like how China does with june 4th 1989

>Have huge company
>Waaaaa waaaaa we can't program animations even though we're reusing a huge amount of assets
>Waa waaa hard ware limitations
Game Freak is a pathetic excuse for a company.
What the flying fuck are battle autists going to do now that they can't import?

>My ADHD riddled brain can't possibly have consistency. I need new shit every second.

Okay. Don't play it then. Play the spin offs. They were literally made for you and other people who want to enjoy Pokemon in other ways than turn based battles in the standard Pokemon format.

Well you can transfer pokemon from the VC gameboy games to Gen VII.

Virtual console

>I enjoy oatmeal for breakfast lunch and dinner
>by the way you're the weird one
Protip: people that enjoy more than a couple generations of pokemon are the weird ones, not me.

>What the flying fuck are battle autists going to do now that they can't import?
Be happy that the same handful of pokemon won't dominate for an entire generation+
Fuck Landorus-T

good maybe they'll focus on making everyone unique and fixing non appropriate movesets

They can import. Just not everything.

Also competitive battlers can still exist even if importing didn't exist at all.

user, you're confusing Game Freak with The Pokemon Company. GF has roughly 143 employees total. They are, by all means, not a huge company.

The four attacks, and gym battle stuff isn't the problem. The problem is that Pokemon isn't a good rpg
Pokemon needs a complete rework
A lot of the game mechanics are nonsensical and are only there to artificially extend playtime
Shiny hunting, egg grinding, IV breeding, and EV grinding should have never been implement
At least in the context of a series that likes to focus on it's competitive game
And in the context of it wants to be a series that focusing on being an rpg, the immersion is lost due to these invisible mechanics that really do nothing for the experience

I just want a Snap sequel

>Food analogies
Retard gonna keep being a retard, I guess.

The persons wording was "your original Red and Blue copy", so still no then.

>10-11m

That's my exact point. That's a failure number. It means that LGPE are the worst selling mainline Pokemon titles in the history of the franchise. I don't see how you can see a pair of titles designed to pander to the same crowd that gave Niantic $2 BILLION for Pokemon Go, and make $600 million from them, and think that's a success story.

It was an abject failure. Did it turn a profit? Sure, why not. Who the fuck cares. It's not about revenue vs. cost, it's about opportunity cost. It's about how much money a better-received game WOULD have made in the same time-frame.

It will be the same with SwSh. Will it be literally unprofitable? No fucking way. The game cost $9 and a sandwich to make. But if it pulls in 9 million units shipped, for a franchise that usually pulls 15 million units shipped, that's a huge fucking failure. I'd hate to have to go to MY boss and try to explain why my sales for the year were down 40% to comp. I can promise you, he wouldn't pull me aside and say "it's no big deal, we still made a profit" because it IS a big deal and profitability doesn't mean shit to shareholders.

Everything they showed was garbage. The "wild area" looked like someone's first attempt at an open world game 25 years ago.

Gen 4 was a shitshow when it started and only got good with hg/ss

Do you want some more? You're like someone that watches Sesame Street for 20 years and doesn't see the problem with himself.

No. Battlefront 2 brought EA 60mil in profits even though everyone swore they were boycotting.

Your analogies are terrible and you should stop using them, retard.

>>Pokken underperformed twice
The hilarious thing about this is that when they actually bother to show Pokken it gets super high views. The Pokken tournament at Worlds the one year they streamed it got more views than every single TCG/VGC tournament stream COMBINED. If they fucking advertised the game it'd probably be a decent seller but instead they just show it in directs and then don't even bother making commercials/ads for it once it's out.

It seems I been lied to then.

Those elements are great when they act in service of the "every Pokemon is a little unique, even in the same species" aspect of the franchise.

The problem is that dataminers reverse-engineered the absolute fuck out of the game and now it isn't about each mon being unique, it's about fighting a specific sequence of mons (or doing Super Training) to minmax in exactly the correct autistic fashion.

The problem, of course, is that in a competitive game, having anything which is sub-optimal is a sin, so instead of just letting two Pokemon of the same species have marginally different stats, everyone has to spend a week grinding eggs and shit.

IV breeding is a non-issue when Hyper Training exist. And shiny hunting is people purposefully abusing RNG that is designed to be a random, lucky reward. Saying that shiny hunting is poorly implemented is like saying people repeatedly rerolling loot means it's poorly implemented. It isn't, it's them abusing a system meant to give a random aspect to try and force a value. Unless you don't want rare occurences to ever happen in games, you can't really criticize GF for their implementation of the shiny concept.

>terrible
So declared by user the retard that fails to see the direct comparison. Think about what's completely common to seasame street and pokemon. Think hard. Mull it over. I'm sure you can get that big brain of yours to realize why it's an obvious comparison.

Pokemon is literally one of the most valuable and profitable media franchises in the entire world. Any excuse for this shit just falls flat in the face of that one immutable fact.

did nobody watch the bethesda or EA or microsoft or SONY confrences? no? Pokemon was the weakest major showing in what was the best Ninty Direct in years, it really is dull.

>lol people hating on their pokemon they don't use not being transferred along.

>LGPE
>mainline

LGPE were also an excuse to update the models for all the Gen I Pokemon to be "switch quality" since they're all going to be in Galar, because of course they are.

They've been half-assing it since X and Y at least

Get a job
>IV breeding, and EV grinding should have never been implement
That is something the placers decided to do, not Game Freak. What they did what just change how the IV&EV system works but the players decided what to do with it. So don't blame that on Game Freak
The only reason Landorus-T isn't Ubers is because he's needed to kill Garchomp

>these guys went to irrelevancy

Attached: 300px-Genius_Sonority_Logo.png (300x81, 15K)

Despite what people like to think, money doesn't magically let you indefinitely create content and support it forever.

Look at MGS V. No amount of money or talent will be able to pull off an entire vision if the scope of that vision is simply too great.

It was a paired release on a Nintendo console developed by GameFreak themselves (rather than being outsourced to an external company).

Okay, in a sense it's not mainline, but it still pulled labor, development cost, and marketing presence away from whatever title GameFreak could have been working on INSTEAD for Pokemon's debut on the Switch. This wasn't something handed off to Creatures or Niantic or whoever to make side cash, this was GFs own development effort.

What if Home includes battling and trading from your phone?

Would you still be upset about the pokemon cuts

They're the same models as the ones used in XY.

Why do people not remember this? XY were by far the smallest gen when it came to new pokemon, and the reason for this was that the team had to switch the entire national dex from sprites to models. They INTENTIONALLY went overly high-poly with the models, to the detriment of game performance, specifically to future-proof.

That was the whole point.

my problem with the lack of all the pokemon, or should i say in the support for the lack of pokemon, there were these gen 5 mons people could have got that are objectively desirable for the new traits they possess. people who missed that can't make dream pokemon like Moody Bidoof, so people who stuck with pokemon have an edge again. Pokemon meta isn't fun when you factor every pokemon possibility and knowing there are mons you can never get legit.

Not to degrade your argument but there was a guy who made some specialty hardware and programs on his computer to convert his GB red/blue pokemon to the GBA.
It was a fucking nightmare but he did it.

Wow, I had no idea 10m+ copies sold is considered a failure.

I'm starting to dislike it because of how bland it looks. Plus, no following or riding pokemon and the overworld encounters are locked into a small area. I just have a feeling it's going to be lackluster. I want a bunch of fun stuff to do. Not just go from gym to gym and then the game's over. Why can't they put good content in the games? I'm not getting it at launch. I'll wait to see how it turns out before I spend any money on it.

>They INTENTIONALLY went overly high-poly with the models, to the detriment of game performance
And ORAS ran even worse

Attached: 1545177682205.gif (189x203, 84K)

They've been half assing it since gen 2. The only big thing (in their eyes at least) they've tried to do since the dreams of a national scale pokemon game died with gen 2's redesign was gen 5 and the big narrative masterpiece Masuda imagined he was making because now he could have Kanji in his games.
They haven't tried any departure from formula since.

That's why I said update. Evidently unfucking the textures is something they had to make an entire side game for, because for some ungodly reason, they already confirmed that every single Gen I Pokemon would be Galar native.

>Vanguard figthan
Did i miss something?

It really isn’t mainline, just a cashgrab meant. for the Go crowd with some effort put into it. It is trash, and I haven’t cared about mainline since gen 5, but LGPE isn’t a mainline game.

Yes, unless it also includes a way to
>train mons (to alter their stats, teach them moves, etc)
>breed mons
>play with mons (like amie)
>complete and browse a national dex

If I can do all the typical post-game Pokemon content on my phone, then I don't really care if I can't do it in the linear-story-badge-gathering adventure on console.

But just battling and trading won't be enough.

>he doesn't know
Someone post the japanese site.

I get the impression that most of the shit changes they're making with sword and shield are made with Nintendo online in mind
>Nintendo online subscriptions are in the shitter and shareholders are getting upsetti
>pokemon sells like hotcakes by default so people start signing up in droves
>limit the pokedex so competitivefags don't run rampant and make casuals ragequit
>then use timed max raid events a la pokemon go to drip-feed the old pokemon into the game and keep you resubbing
tl;dr both this game and nintendo online are a jewish psyop and gamefreak is going for the long con

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

People are upset because of an event that happened relating to the game at E3
The clickbait tweet is based off of pic related

Attached: 1560632954203.jpg (955x762, 123K)

They removed my pokewaifus.

Attached: 1525638022809.jpg (480x480, 44K)

>Masuda is coming for the one thing you care about eventually
>Releasing a new generation of Pokemon without new pokemon.

God I wish this was true. Pokemon is the Nintendo version of EA sports games. Basically no effort and it still sells millions of copies. We can only hope that someday a Pokemon game flops and Gamefreak actually has to put in a little effort.

Attached: 1557627899714.gif (197x200, 2.25M)

>>then use timed max raid events a la pokemon go to drip-feed the old pokemon into the game and keep you resubbing
They already said they aren't adding in more pokemon and that the only ones available will be Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex

gamefreak isn't going to do post-launch "support"
they have to sell the third version

i imagine he sounds like Gollum

Sakurai doesn't deserve that much work load for every smash. It should also be stated Sakurai and HAL are better than Masuda and GF by light years in terms of quality

>What the flying fuck are battle autists going to do now that they can't import?
Kill themselves, hopefully.

Shiny hunting doesn't service the game. I'm viewing it in the sense that people shouldnt also have unique stats but also unique looks

>Battletoads at 2nd
Based and Repilled

You can if you really want it.

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

haha
Depends on what new it brings to the table, fighting games generally get away with roster mixups

Attached: 1418883398174.jpg (333x337, 21K)

>Contra Rogue Corps above Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Blades
What the fuck Contra looks hilarious and fun. Don't tell me people want their game with Arnie and Rambo gunning down aliens to be super serious.

>143 employees
Holy shit, that is true. Well, that explains some of the decisions they've made so far. That is so not the super huge company that people here have been making them out to be.

Shiny HUNTING isn't meant to service the game. It's not meant to be a hunt. It's meant to be a reward given by RNG.

Shiny HUNTING is a player created concept born from people having knowledge of the game mechanics the devs do not intend them to have.

I mean I just used an N64 flashcart + Transfer pak and GBBoy64 to copy the save data but that works too if you still have serial cables lying around in 2019.

So LGPE?

Nah, they'll just do what every competitive meta autist does when a dumb new update is implemented. Adapt to a new meta and grind even more.

They'll bitchband moan that they can use their favorite uber mons but will mpve on to the ubers of the current gen or whatever can be salvaged from the mons that survived the nuke.

XY was a proof of concept. They pissed away 60% of the dev time having to bring 700+ Pokemon from sprites to 3D models, with all the work that entailed.

When people ate it up, someone went "well shit, if they'll buy THAT, what the fuck are we trying to hard for?"

And that's how we got where we are today.

People hunt shinies because they want customization in Pokemon

Nobody has been saying Game Freak is a large company. In fact, everyone is saying they should delay the game, and HIRE MORE EMPLOYEES to get the game up to the standards that everyone expects for a new generation Switch game.

Shinies are great but I do wish that Pokemon had more natural color and pattern variations.

Having shinies as the "albino" versions with a radically different color scheme is fine, but "moderately darker" shinies suck and Pokemon Stadium proved you can do simple hue shifts pretty effectively.

Doesn't another company handle the pokemon models and such? If that's true, it's not like GF is having to work on the main part of the game and the pokemon at the same time. Also, they could do what was done with BotW and have an outside team come in and give them some help. I'm sure Nintendo would give them help if they asked since Pokemon is such a big money maker.

Battlefrontier coming soon ;)

The models and animations have all been done since XY. There have been some minor improvements over the generations but by and large, they're 99% drop-ins for each subsequent title since XY.

It's not as simple as just hiring more people, hiring more people also means that you need more space so that's another cost that's going to rocket up.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the next one massively scaled down the roster to 30-40 or so. I think just about everyone agrees.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 15-20 years, they made a Smash Ultimate 2 that brought everyone back again, including all the newcomers from between now and then.

Probably its appearance and/or "fuck konami"

That's a half remake and half spin-off, not a new generation core Pokemon game.

Pokemon is the #1 video game and merchandising franchise in the world. Upsizing and moving to a larger office is just a standard cost of business that will be nothing compared to the revenue they generate per generation.

But why should they? It's clear they want to stay a small company. They just want to make a simple monster catching game with an absurd of waifu's but success and people's expectation had far exceeded their vision. Feels like they're just tired of trying to play catch up and just dialing everything back to their more reasonable levels.

How do I send an email to nintendo?

nintenfags are finally realizing nintendo is shit and every game under them is shit.

I couldn't care less about the national dex. Never bothered to complete it and always wanted to use the new Pokemon anyway.

What people SHOULD be complaining about is how lazy GameFreak is. Having every single Pokemon in the game is nothing more than adding more shit to the pile.

Attached: 1542115772533.png (301x284, 77K)

I'm betting from here on out they are going to only update models of Ultimate and just port them to the next game like Capcom did throughout the 90s, only doing big redesigns if they have to.

The real changes will be to playstyles and engine.

Then they should hand off the development of the games to another company who would be willing to do what the fans expect. I would absolutely want Nintendo to buy out GF's stake in the franchise if GF don't want to develop the games anymore.

I genuinely can't find a fucking email address anywhere.

it's your prerogative to pay a company to fuck you in the urethra retard

You wouldn't call anything a "new generation" game unless it had new Pokemon, dummy. That's the only reason you aren't calling LGPE a new gen. It was a paired title developed by GameFreak themselves for a new Nintendo console, with new game mechanics. By any other measure it would have been considered mainline, but it didn't feature brand-new Pokemon, so it gets written off as a "spin-off".

The future you fear has already come to pass.

This

Removing Pokemon from a game with "gotta catch 'em all" at the series tagline IS about their laziness you fucking dolt

>have horribly hipoly models to reuse in future along with full set of walking animations.
>uh no it's too hard to add them plz understand.

They really need give that crap to Retro or monolith.

Attached: why pokemon lag like a bitch.png (524x467, 68K)

That is literally the single most false statement posted by @ninsoup ever.

Genwunners

They don't want to, but they need the money for their other ventures. I have no doubt that Town is siphoning a ton of time and resources allocated for Pokemon on paper.

Or they just make the game they want and whomever is still interested in such a game will stay while everyone else will move on. GF is still a private company, they have no shareholders they need to appease here. If the employees at GF are happy with the current plan even at the cost of a reduced profit, then it's their right to do so.

What's really interesting about it is that since all the data already exists, it would be fairly trivial for a fan-hack to add all the Pokemon back into Sword and Shield.

ROMHack fangames typically surpass what GF does every generation anyway, but it will be hilarious this time around, when a team of amateur free-time modders accomplishes what PREASU UNDASTANDU claim that they couldn't because it was too much work.

>"haha but Nintendo won E3 dude"
Any more proof that Yea Forums is literally just Nintendogaf?

He didn’t respond because you make sense and he’s a faggot.

>work on Town
>worked on LGPE
>work on SS for apparently 4+ years
>latter has to come out in time for a new gen
>all for a company under 150 employees
What a bunch of dumbasses

Pokemon is Gamefreak though. If Pokemon games were made in-house by Nintendo, this problem wouldn't exist.

>be the highest money making franchise ever created
>also be stingy as fuck and not spend any money on additional development

Attached: 1485493754169.jpg (500x500, 42K)

That tagline is not present in the Japanese title. That is whole a western thing.

Really? Are Sword and Shield looking to be the best Pokemon game ever with the cutest pokewaifus ever?

Oh please, that's hardly the issue. I'm referring to the lazy animations and game mechanics - things that theoretically should improve if they don't have to support every single Pokemon.

The worst part about this is that if GF suddenly announced they're bringing all of the Pokemon back, people would eat that shit right up despite the core game being the same.

Only 211 employees work at PlatinumGames and they're currently working on, what 7 games? And so far every one they've shown looks more promising than SwSh.

This isn't about staffing, it's about GF's complete lack of passion for the franchise at this point. There's a reason they ask all new employees to describe what game they would make that ISN'T a Pokemon title.

Who let's them go out in they're current state though?

WHY CAN NINTENDO NOT BE CONTACTED

It's a shame that this dex cut is a non-issue compared to real problems that don't get any light, though.

>That's the only reason you aren't calling LGPE a new gen.
Yeah, it's not that it's a spin-off that deviates greatly from the core series' mechanics. Nor is it that it's yet another remake of Kanto. Neither of those could possibly mean it's not the next generation of core pokemon games.

Reminder that "MOST HATED GAME" means 0.05% of people gave the footage a dislike.
Gamers will eat up fucking anything.

it wasn't but it marked the beginning of the end

hah, fuck no. It's just some twitter spergs who want to put their pokebank of 800+ Pokemon into their new game because cuckemon is all they played

>not the best means absolutely the most hated
Learn the concept of logic, you fucking retard.

Gamefreak.
More specifically, Ohmori and Masuda, in SnS's case.

Its either Nintnedo or Microsoft, and if its Nintendo its Nintendo in spite of pokemon being shit.

I know I would (at least if they also brought back Megas). I actually had a high degree of hype for the games because of Wild Area, I thought that was a fantastic idea.

It went from being one of my most anticipated Pokemon titles to the one I gave the fewest fucks about instantaneously when they killed the National Dex.

Well you're definitely in the fucking minority there bud. Pokemon has always had bad animation ever since X and Y, but all the pokemon were there, so it was okay.
You cant which is the bigger problem since people are only now starting to see how fucking lazy GF is.

The treehouse footage uploaded on nintendo's youtube account has a roughly 80% dislike ratio.

Despite looking like an early GameCube title, the developers are cutting content to "focus on the quality".
The fact that this has gotten normies to acknowledge Game Freak's enormous ineptitude is a great thing. If you defend them you are the cancer killing video games as a medium.

And then Nintendo exerts control because they own the Pokemon trademark. Anything that Game Freak does that threatens NIntendo's revenue and Switch sales projections could see them exert pressure on Game Freak to fix their shit or risk their cash cow revenue.

>Shows literally (literally) the only game people didn't like
>"they still won tho"
lol

In fairness, Shenmue III was also an enormous shitshow. I would have argued that it rivalled SwSh.

This is a wii game.

A fucking wii gameAnd ported to fucking 3ds., how the managed to fuckup that hard with a hardware 10 times more powerful.

Attached: Bionis%27_Leg.jpg (2000x1124, 560K)

Nintendo soup is like nintendo's unofficial tabloid magazine. Nonstop clickbaity sensationalized bullshit. E3s over and theyre still trying to forcefully clench out as much shit as possible.

Pic related is my fav piece from them.

Attached: vvsz5cxme0k21.png (720x1280, 316K)

People hate battletoads too.

And how much of that profit goes to game freak and how much goes to Nintendo?

They are though. No pokemon game has ever been shit on this hard.

That's gonna be a yikes from me

Do people really care that much about transferring monsters between games?

I don't think I've ever done it outside of pal park in gen iv

>the only game people didn't like
Wrong, there was also the Avengers shitshow and several other awful games being showcased.

>, it would be fairly trivial for a fan-hack to add all the Pokemon back into Sword and Shield
Based on what

Except it ends up as roughly releasing 1-2 games per year.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T NINTENDO BE CONTACTED
I NEED TO EMAIL THEM

Yes, the only people who don't care are casual fans who don't understand that people actually like to get more out of the game and play it more than once (what a bunch of losers amirite),

>missed bethesda's conference

>They really need give that crap to Retro or monolith.
What a meme opinion
>what 7 games
4 of which are mobiles and one of which we haven't seen or heard anything off in a long time. Seriously where is Bayonetta 3? Is it cancelled?

You need to go outside Yea Forums sometime. This place is full of asshats who hate on things just because they can.

Bets on whether this shit will be brought up on the next Nintendo direct, whenever that is?

good moOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Stantler (yes, THE Stantler from Pokémon Gold and Silver) getting confirmed in Sword and Shield! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Pokémon Direct when Stantler walks into the spotlight!

>b-but Stoutland has traits of Scottish terriers! He’s gotta be in! “No!”

Sorry Stoutland fags, but the normal shitmon rep is taken by yours truly! Why would Nintendo choose a nuPokémon over the marketing potential of the second most selling game of the series? The fanservice Pokémon have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Stoutland are going to be subverted once again with the reveal of our favorite under"dog"! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Attached: 1560631463765.jpg (578x327, 49K)

My shiny Beedrill is forever locked to my 3ds now.

It's not about transferring, it's about them being in the game in the first place.

>USUM
>Initial release date: November 17, 2017

Not seeing this argument hold up very well.

Nintendo doesn't own it, 1/3 of that license is still own by GF and they're a private company. Nintendo can destroy the Pokemon franchise with what they own to spite GF but they are not doing such an idiotic move.

Nah, beedrill's apparently in SS
But he has no mega

They had apparently also released a Giga Wrecker game for that year as well. Not sure what it is but they had released 2 games that year.

I'm not expecting BotW from them, but what we're getting and have been getting is not impressive in any meaning of the word. All Pokémon COULD be in Sword and Shield. They have all the models, and I'm sure that even the textures for Gen VI and VII started off as HD assets and were then downscaled to fit the rendering resolution of the 3DS. It's easier to make larger images and shrink them than it is to make tiny images with proper detailing. But the point is that the assets exist. They don't have to revise the movesets of every Pokémon that isn't in the Galar Pokédex or create new models for them or create new textures or moves exclusive to them. They can literally just copy and paste them in without giving them location data so the game at least recognizes them and can receive them from other games.

But despite the removal of Pokémon, Megas, Z-Moves, the Vs. Seeker, Poké Radar, Battle Frontier, Battle Tower modes, post-game content, difficulty options, Gym Leader rematches, unique locations for Legendary Pokémon, and overall agency in the main story, people will continue to buy these games like they're bottles of ice cold water in the middle of the desert.

>Twitter
Shitting on it
>YouTube
Shitting on it
>Tumblr
Shitting on it
>Reddit
Shitting on it
>Fucking Facebook
Shitting on it
>Jap Twitter
それを撃つ
Just face it. This game is getting blasted by everyone. Waifu's can't save it.

I can trade from sun/moon to the new games?

Imagine it like this:
You share a house with someone. You both agreed that neither of you have any control over the other's room.
You literally piss and shit in a corner of your room, and it's gotten so bad that the other dude can't get laid anymore, so now, though he knows he has no control over your room, he's asking you get your shit together.

Now imagine this dude is twice your height and fucking ripped. That's Nintendo.

Modern pokemon has no replayability though. Every game since black and white has been linear shit where no trainer is a challenge, powerful and rare pokemon are gifted to you every other town and the only challenge is not quitting in boredom because of the button mashing through unskippable dialogue in a braindead anime inspired story about friendship to get to the end of the game so you can start the multiplayer content

Everything since gen iv has been trash

What part of "my shiny beedrill" don't you understand

Yes

You can send your pokémon from SM to Home, and from there to SwSh, but they can't be sent back. Basically, don't send anything that's not in the Pokédex or it will be stuck in the void until there's a game for them.

Doesn't matter. GF is a private company and legally owns 1/3 of the Pokemon license. Nintendo can act like a mad lad all they want but they can't do shit directly to GF without hurting themselves in the process.

Nigga, ton of people are either shitting on it or asking for delay.

You know what made the game more replayable? Giving yourself a team of non-native mons from the outset and dealing with what you have. Too bad you can't do that anymore.

>Next Smash comes out
>For some reason relations between MS and Nintendo have soured like it's goldeneye remastered all over again
>Banjo not in
>Rosterfaggotry begins again with a burning vehemence

I don't think any are mobile right now. It's
>Bayo 3 (lol where?)
>Babylon's Fall (lol where?)
>Astral Chain
>Self-published new IP
>Self-published new IP
>Self-published new IP
and until recently, when the contract ended,
>Granblue ReLink

And yet, nobody seems to know exactly what it is people are complaining about. Convenient.

>For some reason relations between MS and Nintendo have soured like it's goldeneye remastered all over again
back story on this, thought activation made that remaster

I only have 2 int, forgive me.

I believe each of NIntendo, Creatures Inc., and Game Freak own a third stake in The Pokemon Company so GF probably receives just as much of the profit as Nintendo.

... This thread is 420 posts deep into discussing exactly what everyone's mad about.

The solution to that is to do what every fan-hack has been doing for ages and add a hard mode where trainers have competent teams of EV-trained mons, all gym leaders have 6 mons that are meta-balanced with good team comp, etc.

Hell, I think a lot of fans would be satisified with the ability to do Nuzlocke runs as a game feature.

There are ways of adding diversity and challenge to Pokemon that don't involve just gutting a core part of the franchise.

Screencapping to prove how dumb nintenbros are, lmao.

According to platinum they haven't shown off Bayo 3 yet because the moment they do people are going to stop caring about Astral Chain. So Bayo 3 will probably be shown off the direct after Astral Chain comes out.

>everyone points the issues and explain why shit is wrong.
>Nuh no you just uppity for no reason.

Attached: AuZse01.jpg (480x360, 43K)

Doubtful. They'll just talk about new features and not even mention it. They're adamant about not changing their stance on this.

But Nintendo publishes, so chances are they get a bigger share.

Honestly smart move. I'm fucking stoked for astral chain.
It's also the only game I'm interested in that releases before my birthday.

If GF continues doing what they're doing and damaging the brand, I'm sure Nintendo would take a short-term hit to revenue and profitability to ensure the franchises long term and future revenues. This is a multi-billion dollar franchise we're talking about here.

Where did they say that? It's probably true but unlike them to admit it.

We knew of Bayo 3 before we knew that Astral Chain was even a thing, and got a source?

I think TPC publishes in Japan but yes, Nintendo does publish the games overseas.

>just wanted a console Pokémon game
>still gonna buy it because switch has no games and Pokémon home doesn’t affect me
>I’m part of the problem

Attached: 6EA2C466-EE0D-4DF6-8CC5-E9CFF8C7C387.png (540x520, 202K)

Wow, so they literally don't have faith in their game. Good to know.

im waiting on an answer too

Absolutely but at least you acknowledge it unlike those that keep asking "What's the problem here?"

Nigga, Nintendo released the WiiU. They are not going to be the one that cast the first stone at GF for something like that, especially given that they had most likely given their blessing to GF to change their policy.

this
no nationaldex was just the straw that broke the camel's back

Attached: 7436127085613428572.jpg (316x530, 40K)

twitter.com/JayroachSSB/status/1139246840719691776

Just buy the new digimon game.
It looked 300X better then this trash and they're actually ADDING new digimon.
Crazy.

Finally, I've grown out of the Pokémania. Thanks, Gamefreak, kudos to XY, ORAS, SM and SwSh.

They released the Wii U and then they released the Switch. Nintendo can absolutely save their own brand so why do you think they won't step in to save Pokemon if GF continues to shit the bed?

Could wait for a used copy but least you're not being a dick about it

One of the E3 interviews, IIRC. They mentioned that Bayonetta 3 was coming along smoothly and that they'll share more about it after Astral Chain is released.

It's more that they don't want to advertise an established franchise at the same time they have a new IP coming out.

Just play something else, theres 100000000 games to play.

Because they're not idiots like you. The pokemon brand is far larger than just the games. The money come merchandising. Nintendo will only start to worry when people stop finding Pokemon and Pokewaifu cute.

Newfag detected

The games and the new Pokemon drive merchandising. Game Freak shitting the bed means fewer people buying the new games hopefully which means fewer people buying the new merchandise because they have no attachment to the new regional Pokemon. These chain of events are obvious.

>This thread is 420 posts deep into discussing a whole bunch of shit that has nothing to do with this game
fixed that for ya

>I CAN'T USE MY PERFECT IV SHINY LOPBUNNY WHO I RP AS AND FUCK

Yo you a crazy

Lopunny is in, though.

Caps lock is cruise control for cool isn't it user.

Except most of the sales is driven by newcomers to the series. Pokemon's main demographics is, and always has been, children. They always operated under the assumption that players will grow out of Pokemon.

Probably, but the one after that will sell less.

I wish I had your optimism
Unless you're just joking around with the fact that 3rd versions normally sell less

The Pokemon Company could literally buy Nintendo. Nintendo is in no position to buy shit.

That seems that they are doing it not for laziness or extra work but because they want the game to be "balanced" and to give some pokemons more attention.

I was upset about the animations, but this is Gamefreak after all, they were always fucking garbage, but holy shit, they will just cut pokemon for reasons? If i still played the game and found out my bro isn't in, i would be fuming

>Just buy the new digimon game.
>Poor man's pokemon
YIKES

Why would TPC buy Nintendo when Nintendo owns 1/3 stake in it?

id rather fuck machamp

>Why TCPI don't buy Nintendo when Nintendo owns TPCI.

Attached: 1552528057199.jpg (525x384, 35K)

Like a majority of people had been saying since X-years after the version they started with, I'm sure that user means POKEMON IS DOOMED!

Nintendo lost E3

All the other games looked good, especially Luigi's Mansion.

This is fucking hilarious. Thank you

Attached: plot_hooks.jpg (472x735, 103K)

>Conquest is WAY beyond dead
I fucking miss it, man...

Attached: 1554935140455.jpg (960x731, 75K)

>I'm sure that user means POKEMON IS DOOMED!
If only

This. Like a "Smash Elite" where they have the original N64 roster and then a series of Smash Ultimate tournaments held around the world in the lead up to the new game will determine the rest of the roster based on who the mains of the world's best players are. Just one idea.

Who here not even wanting to buy the game even if they didn’t care about all the shit because they don’t want to have to buy a second console game at console prices when pokemon gun comes out?

You can also just use an emulator on a PC to creationist any pokemon and stats you want and then transfer it to the handheld of your choice.

Can somebody explain to me the point of the new online raid battles if it isn't to introduce the missing Pokemon in a patch later? Is it just so you can see 1 of your friends pokemon before demolishing the fight? Increased shiny chance? This entire cutting fiasco just screams marketing ploy to add the Pokemon back in through the wild area/raiding, just like in Pokemon Go. I don't understand why they'd make these 2 new systems if it isnt just to add things in at any time without fucking up the immersion and as a lazy way to introduce pokemon without designing a new zone

they looked at MMO raids and said "yeah, we can do that"

Everything

Agreed.
But I also feel bad for GF, because under Nintendo they have to keep slaving away at Pokemon, when they should be allowed to take more time to perfect their craft.
But you know, Tendies don't care for Hypocrisy (they like to point out Crunch from other companies, except Nintendo's own).

Nah, they straight up just looked at Pokemon GO and ripped it from there.

Game Freak has developed other games besides Pokemon, many without Nintendo publishing, and they all suck ass.

I'm buying it and I'm gonna enjoy the frick out of it. We're not the problem. It's the people who don't like it but will buy it anyway. I'm perfectly happy with how it looks, it's gonna be my favourite one so far. I don't need to justify it. If everyone really hates what is clearly going to be the best game to date then I guess it will have terrible sales figures. So what, we're guessing less than 5 million after the first month? Haha. It's gonna be close to 10 and everyone here knows it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I don't understand what it adds to the game though. It's cool in concept, but while GF is lazy as fuck in one regard they're adding features like these which don't seem to add anything. It was really fun in PoGo because you were forced to make friends IRL to co-ordinate that shit, but without the social aspect I can't imagine it'd be anything but shit gameplay (or a really easy way to add new pokemon).

honestly the wild area just comes off as a weird Frankenstein of the safari zone and the gen 4 underground creating something unholy

It's just coop instead of competitive. You're overthinking things here. Just remember who their target audience is.

Yo I don’t know if I should buy this. National Pokédex has me like wtf!?

Attached: A69CC7D0-4CAE-4602-8276-814F91D75F06.jpg (500x500, 156K)

Do you have the one where the guy actually shits gold?

My feeling is that they knew they were gonna struggle to get all 800 models/animations etc in and still release it in 2019.
They'd rather act like it was intentional and about resource management and then pretend to "update" the game later by adding more mons down the track. There is legit no reason they couldn't fit all 8 gens into the Switch unless there's something HUGE they're not telling us (something retardedly huge like you can visit another region/regions done in the same 3D open world like Galar).

If you buy Smash on Switch now, do you get all characters or are there hundreds of DLC characters that you'll never see without paying?

The only thing that would top ultimates hype I can see happening is that they finally embrace competitive melee and make melee 2.0

>perfectly fine with how it looks
I mean....

That being said, you are right when you say that the people who don’t like it and are buying it are the problem. The people that are cool with it aren’t the problem.

Attached: 806744B4-05E3-4137-B0CE-F2646A28C779.jpg (1612x1242, 246K)

You'd only be missing Piranha Plant and Joker so far.

but I thought people were hyped for PSO2

As long as they're the worst-selling mainline games, it's a victory.

when will we get pokemon handgun and pokemon rifle

>digimon
>poor man's pokemon
Pokemon is poor man's pokemon now

It's a shame, I hated both of those areas and with all the games trying to force randomly generated content I thought it'd work best in Pokemon. If we're being optimistic the new online integration could save it, but so far the only thing that looks good about the game is the UI because that looks smooth as fuck

They just don't want to. That's it. The work will just keep piling on with every new game so they decided to stop carrying every Pokemon over before it balloons into well over 1000+ Pokemon per every new game.

I'M THE BOSS OF THIS NINTENDO!!

Attached: boss of this nintendo.png (500x500, 172K)

It's telling that people keep using that same exact image or maybe a couple others (usually water reflections). It's the definition of nit picking. Even if that tree texture bothered me or the baked water reflections for that matter, I'm not gonna not buy a game that I know I will otherwise enjoy because of it.
When was the last time anyone here bought a game that was 100% perfect in every way. These games will be fun. Millions will enjoy them. I just don't understand why that fact frazzles people so much because "but dood, look at this tree!".

So for someone who never played pokemon. This is the best time to come aboard?

3ds games already have animations done and high poly models.

That's not a matter of doing them anymore, it's pure laziness.

Theu shouldnt remake any part of the game. Just keeping adding stuff.

Rather, its relative failure expunged any remnants of soul from the series

I don’t give a shit about cutting pokemon as long as they have Aegislash as a catchable Pokémon in the game.
It’s retarded that they gave us all this Kanto pandering but forgot to add Solrock and Lunagel in fucking SUN AND MOON.

Attached: 2F8E9AFB-B3DB-4E49-9BC3-A757A9F8B353.jpg (334x419, 19K)

Ultimate is going to be licencing hell to get ported. They barely managed to convince Square to let Cloud back in as it is.

>implying Gamefreak is technically competent enough to makes games that patches can be applied to

user, they forgot to put BELLOSSOM in fucking Hawaii.

people being super aggresive and saying every other monster collecing rpg is a rip off but never touching those games is what made pokemon to become what it is now

>they prioritize their worker's health
>Japanese company caring about health

Attached: 1540931950702.jpg (564x520, 106K)

This. They couldn't add ORAS Megas to X/Y because the patch would have to include all the pokemon data in the game instead of just the new pokemon. They'll probably do that shit again for SS.

Is it really nitpicking though? Is it really if I’ve countless screenshots of different settings and it looks awful?

I think people high high expectations for the highest grossing media franchise ever and are valid in their criticism or questioning of the franchise. I don’t think people expect perfection from Pokémon, they expect quality. Quality expected from a console title in 2019. I hope whomever finds it fun and pays $60 enjoys it.

It's funny how they could've salvaged things by just saying "we'll patch it in later"

What is more amusing is that GF had 5 years of development.

They've never patched more content into Pokemon, though
>ORAS added new Megas that aren't compatible with X/Y
>USUM added new Ultra Beasts that aren't compatible with SM

>Have to download a 8 gb patch because they have to add all the Pokemon models all over again

My mistake, I was thinking of more competent devs with that statement.
I'd believe that to be the case if they ever attempted it