Goes to hell in 2

>goes to hell in 2
>gets out of hell
>goes back to hell in 5, which takes place after 2

Huh? Did Itsuno think this one through? Is this supposed to be the real ending for Dante and Vergil?

Attached: dante.jpg (992x558, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tekito_ot/status/1128253284894924801
youtu.be/_kwrOIg8T20?t=1622
youtu.be/_kwrOIg8T20?t=1044
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34683741
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Obviously he didn't intend for them to stay in hell. Yamato can get them both in and out at will.

They don't know what they're doing with the story. In DMC4 2 was said to be way in the future, then 5 made 2 happen before 4. DMC's story is a mess.

Why were they making such a big deal about Dante and Vergil not being able to come back after severing the Qliphoth though?

Who cares about DMC2?

Attached: raughs.gif (245x245, 654K)

In 2 he went to hell because he was depressed. In 5 he went to hell to have fun with his bro.

Killing demons is how he enjoys himself, but it was boring by 2 and Vergil spiced everything up. It's like a hobby that just starts to lose all meaning if you do it too much, but with friends it can still be the best.

Like video games.

please wait for baijiru dlc

Thanks to the devs i don't even know if 2 happens after or before 5

Attached: 1555947517929.jpg (400x461, 136K)

dmc storyline has been full of plotholes after 1, just kind of have to accept it

timeline is 3>1>2>4>5

The impression I got was that the roots of the demon tree were holding the Gates to Hell open.
If Dante and Vergil smash them, it would fuck with space-time, and Yamato wouldnt have been able to get them back out.

Attached: dante run.jpg (996x1100, 271K)

>caring about 2

>Did Itsuno think this one through?
by itself 5 had a good ending, with dante and vergil being seperated from Nero. The problem mainly lies in 2's existence. I think most people including the devs just want to forget about it.
>Is this supposed to be the real ending for Dante and Vergil?
the bigger story at hand is that dante and vergil are on somewhat better terms, and that vergil sort of accepts nero's existence. dmc as a whole doesn't have a good story but it has great character moments every now and then.

Did anyone feel that DMC characterizations are carried more by fanon than other IP?

Dante being depressed in real life, and only being wacky wahoo pizza man for example adds so much depth into his character, but has never explicitly shown. People add so much fanon into each characters because onscreen they're just quip machines trying too hard to be cool.

Attached: hds8wngjmwl21.png (340x222, 155K)

>enters and leaves hell whenever he feels like dabbing on demons
>hurr is this supposed to be the end for dante
sounds like you didn't think this one through

in 5 Dante let his shop go to waste, I think that implies him just not giving a shit about his business anymore. And without the money he can't really take care of himself. I dont think he's depressed but there was definitely something wrong with him.

>Poor as hell
>Bad luck with ladies
>Eat only Pizza and Strawberry Sundae
>Depressed

Pretty sure Dante is lurking in here shitposting

Attached: 1555416016374.jpg (262x206, 12K)

They're just not explicit about these things, but it's still shown.

they retconned 2 out of the story, user

Dante is a fucking dick to everybody in DMC5, it's like they tried to make him unlikable. Making the plot revolve around Vergil also diminished Vergil's coolness imo. Nero on the other hand was made 10x more in endearing in DMC5 and he quickly shot up to favorite character status for me which is unsurprising considering Itsuno wanted it to be his game after DMC4 was hijacked

Resident evil is way worse. Every single character is blander than oatmeal, so people have to come up with a ridiculous sibling cuckoldry fanfic to make them more interesting

Chris is canonically a depressed alcoholic jackass with PTSD who just tries to do the right thing but is bogged down by an enormous sense of personal failure because he feels responsible for everybody that's died. He's a real human bean

>Every single character is blander than oatmeal, so people have to come up with a ridiculous sibling cuckoldry fanfic to make them more interesting
aren't those just Yea Forums memes, I dont think anyone actually believes chris wants leon to fuck Claire.

Dante wasn't really a dick. He just seemed kinda focused on his goal and "distant".

>June 15, 3pm
>today's the day of the Qliphoth
Any bros here in Red Grave City? Look outside your windows.

Attached: 61802584_2438294712889859_6264237350061465378_n.jpg (1080x1068, 70K)

Leon has literally changed personalities every game lol

going to hell is like a vacation for him now. vergil still has yamato so their chance of getting out is high.

5 was written really...really badly.
I was kinda peeved with how many chances they had to have powerful moments and missed them.

Yamato is what fucks with space-time

>5 was written really...really badly
It's actually the second best written.

when you become so strong with no demon too match you of course you going to get bored out of your mind.

how can he shitpost online when he has no electricity?

But being One Punch Man was never Dante's MO, that's Vergil.

That is not a good thing

he steals wifi from the strip club near his office

Lady's laptop

Attached: 87898944565.jpg (1277x725, 390K)

It is in a series not known for it's writing to begin with. It's always been a series of bants, quips and coolery first and foremost. Fans fill in the blanks. Honestly, that's kinda the same RE was too in terms of characters.

Dante is depressed though that's not headcanon as its been subtly alluded to in the game. Even reuben mentioned Dante hids his emotions behind his facade.

If I touch it, will my hand get cut off?

Attached: nero_s_spectral_arm___dmc5_by_zoran__dawneclipse_dd2lzn8-pre.jpg (1192x670, 66K)

Bad writing is bad writting. 3 showed us that the stories could be done well.
5 really shit it's pants in this department. Pretty much everything revolving around Vergil.

Would it be kino if Vergil ends up losing an arm or something to save dante or nero?

>Bad luck with ladies
The two ladies who work with him want to get in his pants. But Dante is too much of a weirdo to allow them to even touch his crotch. Also that girl from the anime series who turned 18 also wanted to fuck Dante but he wants no business and hung up the phone when she called him.

>5 shits it's pants especially on Vergil
Literally the most developed he has ever been in any game, bruh. Before 5 he was just a seething brother.

You are absolutely butthurt about the fucking story, deal with it jesus. It's not bad because whatever your headcanon was didn't come true. He was never going to die in 5.

I said everything REVOLVING around Vergil
>Dante finds out his brother that he thought was dead for the last 20 years is actually still alive
>"huh time to go stop my douchebag brother"
>Nero meets his father, who also tore his arm off
>literally nothing
It's ok to admit it's bad, I mean we all knew it would be

calm down fag, no one actually cares

I mean his first interest with the opposite sex came with a bullet in the head

It would put off a lot of peoples especially someone as mentally damaged like Dante

I agree that 5 has bad writing but it wasn't because of everything revolving vergil. It's because they didn't do anything notable with Nero in relation to Vergil. He only had the reveal in mission 17 and the final mission. If you played 4 you would kinda understand why Nero cares about family but even then 4 didnt show alot of family moments between Credo and Nero either, so in 5 when Nero suddenly talks about Credo and gets his DT, it feels unfulfilling and rushed. It was a great moment for sure, but the build up wasn't there.

You care enough to complain in every single thread retard.

It would be extremely painful

OP here, how did Vergil even get out of hell? Is it explained in the prequel book? Did his soul stay on earth after Dante beat him in 1?

Balrog's opening portals iirc.

Last time Vergil and Dante fought it was on mallet island which is the human world. Vergil somehow survived the explosion, rested for a few years and just found his way to Nero later I guess.

>>Dante finds out his brother that he thought was dead for the last 20 years is actually still alive
Ignoring the fact Dante already knew who V was all along, and ignoring the fact that Dante tried to talk Vergil down.
>Nero meets his father, who also tore his arm off literally nothing
Ridiculous oversimplification and it IS because of finding out that he was his father that caused things to go down differently. Vergil's interaction wasn't what was important here, it was Nero and what he decided to do. And ultimately a character who acted like a child for half of the game not listening and rushing to fights, ultimately growing while still not listening (lol) and choosing not to enact revenge on his father because of how much family means to him is kino af and overall more impactful and a testament to his character than YOU RIPPED MY ARM OFF TIME TO DIE NIGGA UNGA RAGE. No that would have been a regression of his character 100% and he would have grown none from 4. Imagine if Nero did do that shit though EVERYONE would be complaining on the boards. The nigga already can't be a little upset without "omg why is he showing emotions I can't stand it". No, this was the best route for Capcom. If they allowed him to actually kill Vergil, imagine the threads.

>tfw itsuno was cucked with a small ass budget on every project he worked on
DMC5 was his best work yet but the game really could've used some more time in the oven, like 5 extra missions or so
do you think capcom will allow him to fully realise his vision with DD2? god that would be glorious

Attached: DMC5-cool-guys-dont-look-at-explosions.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

fuckin kino

Dragon's Dogma had the highest budget of all Capcom games in development at the time, second to RE6

>RE6
KEK

The truth of the matter is that Itsuno isn't as good of a game director as people make out

damn son

Attached: 1457543459176.jpg (483x428, 61K)

But let me guess Kamiya is, DMC1 had the worst dialogue in the series lol

dmc2 was worst.

>for (you)

I think that's the truth of it all. He's obviously got a clear mind for gameplay, which is the ONLY reason Dragon's Dogma has survived this long.
Ignoring DMC2, it's a good ending. Vergil is punished for his crimes by remaining and hell, and Dante has to fight him for all eternity to make sure he doesn't get any other ideas. It's quite Shakespearean.

Don't forget his shitty gimmicks that he puts in every game he makes. I'll take Itsuno over Kamiya any day.

A lot of 90's/2000's Japanese games had rough dialogue

>He's obviously got a clear mind for gameplay
Which is fair enough, but I do think games need more going for them beyond just core mechanics

jesus christ have we got people denouncing itsuno as a good director in these threads now? what happened to these threads

>he thinks it's punishment
>he thinks the next game won't have vergil as one of the playable character
brainlets

>one is a power autist who barely had a non-autistic conversation with his own brother beyond "why do you refuse to gain power" dante himself mostly just quipped in their interactions in 3
>the other a hulking rager

Honestly what were they going to talk about. The fight with them both shit talking was the best way.

No one is saying Itsuno is a bad director, he's just not as amazing as some fans imply

Having Vergil be playable and being trapped in hell as a punishment are not exclusive. Nice job outing yourself as a closet brainlet.

he is amazing. I cant think of any other director that prioritises having a story that services gameplay better.

>If they allowed him to actually kill Vergil, imagine the threads.
If they were bringing him back they would never kill him off. I can't believe some of you actually thought Capcom's money make was going to get killed lol

they're the same people who start DMC vs Bayonetta/NG/GoW shit in every thread, just baitposting retards trying to stir up flamewars

>platinum games
>shitty gimmicks
Such as? They are some of the most straight forward action games you will find anywhere

It's not a punishment brainlet and he isn't trapped either, it was mistranslated.

>I cant think of any other director that prioritises having a story that services gameplay better
Shigeru Miyamoto

What if Mundus is Nero's mom

Miyamoto would rather there be no story at all, the dinosaur.

That's why Galaxy 2 is just 1 without a plot and Sticker Star became what it is.

Can't be as Nero was born before Vergil became his cumrag.

So is V's cane Mundus? It seems to be source of all of V's power (since he's human).

I would be pretty high stakes storywise for Mundus to come back via his cane while Dante and Vergil are trapped in Hell.

good shit, user

Attached: 1554184931503.jpg (720x405, 53K)

m8 are you unaware of narrative conventions? Vergil, in his selfish quest for power, split his human and demonic side. The demonic side ended up destroying a city filled with people, the human side enlisted the help of the only people can stop Urizen. Upon reuniting, Vergil has all the power he wants, but he must be held accountable for his actions. Dante faces him, but Nero intervenes not with the intent to kill. Nero ends the bout with no casualties, but Vergil must atone by aiding Dante in cutting down the qliphoth. In doing so, however, Vergil is trapped in hell because Dante is going to keep him in check to make sure Vergil doesn't get any more fucked ideas. That's why we see them fighting at the very end. That's the punishment. For all the shit he did, he is condemned to fight forever.
>Nice job outing yourself as a closet brainlet.

Read the manga faget it answers your question.

Honestly I'm not really sure what you mean by the story servicing the gameplay in DMC. They're pretty separate. It's not like Fumito Ueada's games where a lot of story is told directly through gameplay linking the two aspects.

V's cane is heavily implied to be Yamato taking a different form, like it's all but explicitly stated

hell yea

Attached: 0431.webm (800x600, 2.82M)

>faget
You just had to, didn't you?
You had the chance to make a nice, friendly and informative post on Yea Forums, helping out another user in need, and you blew it.
This is literally all you amount to. Unneccessary

>In doing so, however, Vergil is trapped in hell because Dante is going to keep him in check to make sure Vergil doesn't get any more fucked ideas. That's why we see them fighting at the very end. That's the punishment. For all the shit he did, he is condemned to fight forever.
kek imagine getting the story this wrong, absolute brainlet.
You honestly think Dante cares if Vergil killed humans lmao, he was fighting in the end for fun, just like old times. If he cared about humans he would have thrown Trish away for giving the pope Sparda and killing fortuna citizens. Itsuno wouldn't have introduced Nero to vergil just for him to get stuck in hell your fucking moron. Sorry bro DMC isn't as deep as you think it is.

Not spoonfeeding the plebbit. And I'm actually giving you a good recommendation to read the manga since it's actually good, so you should thank me.

Hint: the cane is fucking nothing special

>Hang on. If you do that, you can't come back
>Why do you think I'm goin'? Someone's gotta keep an eye on your old man.

Attached: da669c6ed4e8081b2c1a96e9a80fb15a.jpg (336x506, 28K)

mean for

I'm literally referring to your unneeded insult in the previous post you made. Not your obfuscated mystery answer of "read the manga and find out"

Did you blank out on my post that said it was mistranslated?

What's the exchange supposed to look like, then?

Not him but you're a huge faggot. Imagine caring so much about a fucking DMC manga you refuse to even give a straight answer because you think people should read that extraneous garbage. Might as well talk about the artistic merit of MTG novels gayboy

I'll give you an example. In dmc3 after you beat bosses you got a devil arm. However, after you beat beowulf he escapes you and later gets killed by vergil. Then when you fight vergil, he uses the beowulf gauntlets against you. This motivates the player as it is like vergil is mocking you using the weapons you worked hard to get, thus motivating the player to beat vergil and take back what you earned. That is genius. Other games like the new god of war do the oppoaite of this where they will take away the ability to jump because it would look goofy in their super serious story

>I'm gonna take this hand and shove it up your ass
>oooh yeah looking good baby, make love to the camera yeaheha
Nero so dirty, also
>get rekt
Gamer confirmed, probably Xbox Live. He was one of the hecklers at the Microsoft conference.

Attached: 95f6174fb3a319d0dc5b1e3e6552a06f.jpg (720x998, 71K)

>not him
Sure. See this is why v is shit because redditards like you two don't know how to lurk and are too thin skinned that they get butthurt over being called a faget.

>but I do think games need more going for them beyond just core mechanics
I agree. Without good core mechanics a game can't be good, but a good game with good core mechanics can be even better with other stuff complimenting it. Kind of reminds me of fighting games. Usually its just Versus mode and training mode but the reason the FGC keeps playing is because the core fighting is so good. But its still nice to have extra modes like survival or a story.

Attached: 1530844742466.gif (293x199, 1.94M)

I'd screencap but you're a retarded delusional nigger who would scream about html and photoshop because you can't conceive of a world where nobody likes you. You'll have to face reality someday you fucking glue eater, if you're representative of what's left of DMC threads it's no wonder they're so garbage

It just says Nero wanted to go with him nothing about staying in hell forever. Dunno why there's so many translation mistakes in this game.

It isn't, Yamato is actually Urizen's crystal and you can even see it in end of mission 12. The mange story shown that V's cane is really nothing special, it only get magic because V's small demonic power was put/absorbed into it.

>projecting this much
Yea Forums is shit because edgy faggots like you keep putting their mental image of this cesspool of vermin out in the open and chastizing anyone who wants even a modicum of civility and pleasant discussion
Why don't you go suck on a toe, fucking weed

But dmc does have more then just its core mechanics. Fun characters, cool enemy design, a story which you get more out of the deeper you look into it

dmc2? never heard of it.

No shit? That's interesting, but that only furthers my end about Dante telling Nero
>Somebody's gotta keep an eye on your old man.
They're also fighting to kill.
>This is gonna take forever
^Said as they're talking about who's up on points.

>he fell for the chrisposting meme
dude

You plebbitfags ruined these threads, if you don't like it here why don't you go back? Or trannyera sound more like your style. Imagine getting butthurt because I told him to read four basic chapters of a decent manga so far.

ha ask for spoonfeeding on Yea Forums and see where that gets you faget. I said nothing wrong, I just told him to go read the manga as it's only four simple chapters. And it's pretty funny that you two replied to me instead of actually answering the guys question lel.

They literally mention 2 in the timeline if you watch the condensed story video in DMC5.
They only mention it briefly but it isn't retconned.

Manga suck bawlz tho

twitter.com/tekito_ot/status/1128253284894924801

T H E
G O O D
S H I T

It's already stated that V can use some demonic power (which is already from Vergil) so it's likely V just put his power into a normal cane and change it into a killer magical cane that you see in the game. But cane got destroyed along with V's familiars anyway so yeah, it's unlikely to have future role and had nothing do with Mundus.
I still won't rule out Mundus as antagonist in future DMC games though, if they can bring Vergil in DMC5 they can do the same with Mundus.

>Yea Forumsfag
Oh that explains it. Sorry about your deficiency. And I did attempt to answer his question faglord, I'm the one who speculated the cane was Yamato because I don't give a fuck about your shitty b-list manga side story. Seethe cope cringe suck lead shithead

>They're also fighting to kill.
They aren't fighting to kill man. Look at their body language, they aren't even using their SDT forms to fight, it's just brotherly fighting from now on.

>Somebody's gotta keep an eye out on your old man.
He says that because Dante wants to reassure Vergil he won't leave him alone, and yes it can be taken both ways and its just like when Vergil gave Nero the book to reassure him that he'll come back.

>caring so much about a fictional book written 100s of years ago

You do realize there is historical proof whatsoever Dante ever existed right?

Attached: 060_dCGv86A.png (767x1036, 589K)

>Gamer confirmed, probably Xbox Live.

It's usually Sony gamers who grew up without a dad though?

no*

Nero had a dad though, his foster parents.

>Look at their body language
Yeah, they're tired.
youtu.be/_kwrOIg8T20?t=1622
>it's just brotherly fighting from now on.
Ehhh I just don't see it that way. If it really is as you say, then DMC5 has one of the worst stories in video game history. But I don't think that's the case, because the game goes out of its way many times to highlight the fact that Urizen has killed many, many people. The city levels are littered with corpses that you can disintegrate.

The only thing wrong with it is how slow it is.

>Seethe cope cringe suck lead shithead
Got any more buzzwords newfag?

If you didn't care why did you reply to me? I never replied to your post, I only replied to the fag who wanted to be spoonfed. If Yea Forums acted like Yea Forums we wouldn't get tards like you two, who need to learn to grow a pair.

Considering this thread's getting derailed bu faggots, lets talk about our favourite devil arms. Nevan will always be up there but i think cavaliere might be one of my new favourites, whats yours?

>Got any more buzzwords newfag?
says the guy calling everything reddit, imagine being this much of a retard

>Look at their body language
I meant how relaxed they are around each other now, they're both joking around about keeping score and smiling. They're working together as well.

>worst story
Why?

>games goes out of the way..
It really just shows us in the beginning of the game though, and it's never mentioned again by Dante or Nero.

definitely cavalier

>shorthop in middle of enemies
>mash swordmaster style button
>SSS

Mundus would be even easer to bring back since he was banished not killed. If he did comeback I would want it to be him showing up with a child of his own trying to copy Sparda as I don't see how Mundus himself could be any threat to current Dante and Vergil.

>favourite devil arm
Buster *snickers*

Attached: 57395912_604998863316352_520086880561326861_n.jpg (865x1080, 142K)

Just calling it like it is, you fags are from reddit. You need to learn to blend in.
And its pretty dumb that you care this much about the story but you don't bother reading the extra material. Is reading that hard for you people?

>I meant how relaxed they are around each other now, they're both joking around about keeping score and smiling
Yeah 'cause they're tired and they've got a moment's reprieve.
>They're working together as well.
To cut down the qliphoth and to kill the demons interfering with their battle, yes.
>Nero ends the bout with no casualties, but Vergil must atone by aiding Dante in cutting down the qliphoth
It's ostensibly so the demons stop interfering:
youtu.be/_kwrOIg8T20?t=1044
But if you didn't interpret that as Vergil simply weaseling his way out of losing to Nero, then I don't know what to say. If Vergil doesn't care about atoning, and Dante truly doesn't care about humanity, they would have just fought and fought instead of going to the underworld where demons fucking live to get interrupted some more.
>and it's never mentioned again by Dante or Nero.
I agree and have written about how this is stupid.
>Why?
Because then the game is about three superheroes who don't care one iota about anything but the fight while hundreds of thousands of people die around them.

Reality is worse than you know user. I'm not a redditor but a 2011 newfag who came here because of pony thread simulator. Try and make me leave. Just try.

Attached: 4ad029d9.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

You fucking homos need to chill the fuck out. You are outing yourselves as newfags.

I dont think the dmc protags have ever claimed to be virtuous. The thing that makes them human is that theu fight for what they care for most, that being family, especially nero. Think about back in dmc4 when kyrie and nero are happy despite the hundreds that died in fortuna. Nero doesnt give a shit about any of them but is happy becaus3 he was able to protect the one he loves. He beats himself above because of the fact that he couldnt save credo, a brother to him, not because he couldnt save the masses.

Does red queen count? The exceed mechanic is just too satisfying for anything else to come close

Otherwise IGNITE THE FLAMES

Or maybe they're rational and think a city is an acceptable cost as opposed to the whole world being invaded

Seriously, you fags need to leave. No one else who is actually discussing the game wants yoy here

You had your chance to discuss the game but you decided to shill an irrelevant manga and get defensive when you were called out. Cope, keep coping and samefagging. Keep choking on this cock, suffocate

>been here before the reddit invasion
>still uses pepe
>can't take a joke
How are you still so retarded man?

I don't see anything in your post that talks about the game either reddit.

Its just a holding cell to see if nero can carry his own game.

All of Dante's devil arms, except maybe faust. I get its appeal but i'm cheap with red orbs like that. Other than that they all really flow seamlessly between them and bullet raining down on jabroni demons while woohooing will always be my favorite

Attached: 1517156826253.jpg (682x682, 64K)

HAHAHA THIS IS FUCKING HILARIOUS, both the people i quoted are accusing me of being the other person this is fucking pottery. Now please do us a solid and go argue in a smash thread or some shit

But it's antithetical to the ideas of DMC3, and even 4. DMC3 Dante goes through life not giving a fuck, but by the end he has grown closer to both his humanity, and his demon heritage. DMC4 has him giving that speech about humans having what demons don't to Agnus. If Dante going down to cut the qliphoth with Vergil isn't for humanity's sake, then it goes against who he is.
>Nero doesnt give a shit about any of them but is happy becaus3 he was able to protect the one he loves.
Yeah and I always put that down to Nero being young, but in 5 he doesn't have the young excuse much anymore.
> He beats himself above because of the fact that he couldnt save credo, a brother to him, not because he couldnt save the masses.
Which I thought was pretty bad writing. See, you said this:
>I dont think the dmc protags have ever claimed to be virtuous
If they weren't virtuous, I could get behind that. But DMC5 doesn't do anything interesting with the concept, so it comes off as you copping out for the writers.
Yes, they care. I agree.

Damn all this drama over a manga, I miss the days when we all dreamed of nero's dick embeded in us.

>Its just a holding cell to see if nero can carry his own game.

They should have given him his own game from the start, having Dante in DMC4/5 just makes it look like it's still "his" series and has got it stuck in a rut, I mean can we have a DMC game without Dante OR Nero at this point?

Attached: DMC5-overture.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

>Yeah 'cause they're tired and they've got a moment's reprieve.
You have autism if you can't read basic human emotions man.

>we
Faggot homos are the biggest cancer of DMC threads and you always have been, it just got worse when all the actual fans stopped posting. I even hate the fuckers who call you "fujos" and validate your tranny RP fantasies

>Just get done fighting each other to the death
>Get beat up by my son/my nephew
>Go down to cut down a tree with a base diameter the size of a city
>Still gotta kill my brother, fight
>We're both too tired to really do any killing, have a laugh about it during a short reprieve
???

>still posting about meta shit
k reddit

You're interpreting being human as some virtuous savior who has some form of power will use it for good or benefit of his kind. I don't think that's what their human vs demon side was all about though. Dante opposing demons doesn't equal to him having the best interests for humanity, its kind of a byproduct to me really. On another note, i never considered DMC's story to be anything special nor did i ever think too deeply about it and yes 5's is a total mess.

Attached: 1552439467294.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

Dante and Vergil? maybe no. Nero definately so.
>got angered seeing the humans getting impaled and was only stopped by V
>invited Vergil to dinner probably thinking he was a starving kid, as they are taking care of orphans
>which brings this point up, he takes care of orphans
>saved crewcut and the soldiers, the only one who has saved other humans directly the entire game I believe and the end mission photo shows that him and Nico actually stayed with them for a while before being on their way
>saved Lady, and remained worried about her even when she was all comfy in the van
>looked out for V the whole game and then carried him all the way to urizen
>was the one to bring to attention that the underworld was taking over
He is definately more Sparda than the the others.

>Still gotta kill my brother, fight
>We're both too tired to really do any killing, have a laugh about it during a short reprieve
They weren't trying to kill each other, it was friendly fight dude. You saw them using their sdt in their actual fight to the death and they're keeping score which means they're trying to beat each other not kill. Nero's whole schtick was don't fucking kill each other morons you can settle the score some other autistic way.

Calm down it was a joke.

m8 I addressed that shit waaay up there somewhere.
>and yes 5's is a total mess.
At least we can agree on that.

Attached: 1560555726955.png (1000x898, 592K)

it fucking tells you before you even start the damn game

>m8 I addressed that shit waaay up there somewhere.
Yes but you still didn't get that they weren't trying to kill each other.

I'd be willing to relent on the killing, but I maintain Dante is fighting Vergil to keep him in check. It just follows narrative conventions better this way.

Not really, Dante being heavily depressed and traumatized is a common fact since the first novel and the anime. Same with "Vergil's power autism is caused by his trauma", it was heavily implied since 3.

I think if Morihashi actually concentrated on writing a fleshed out story rather than trying to put as much fan service in the story as possible it could have turned out better. The V/Urizen thing was fucking shit though I hated it. V is playable in 4 missions and the twist is so stupid. Anyone with a brain could figure out Urizen was "vergil" but then the V twist was forced as fuck. Just give Yamato another made up power and Vergil knowing a made up magic incantation out of nowhere to pull it off.

>looked out for V the whole game and then carried him all the way to urizen
This one is very significant when you take into account V means absolutely nothing to Nero, but Nero still did that for him. Ha, 4Nero wouldn't have.

was meant for

Based Nero. To think people shat on him so hard in '08.

boggles the mind how some of these j*panese players can max-act consistantly

>It just follows narrative conventions better this way.
If it makes you feel better sure. If it was to keep Vergil in check they wouldn't be keeping score, yes I agree Dante is keeping an eye on him but it's most likely an excuse to keep him from losing his brother again, since Vergil was left alone all those years.

The scene really made no sense either. V is scrawny and toothpick like, Nero at the very least is stronger than your average human thanks to his demon heritage yet he's struggling to hold V up.

I was really keen on V being his own person. A glimpse into the world of other devil hunters.

It just so Dante and Virgil can be sidelined for future games. The last thing they need is autists yelling about how they should have saved the day in the next game

>If it was to keep Vergil in check they wouldn't be keeping score
Sure they would. Just having a gaff. Are you forgetting Vergil's banter during fights with him?

i've now got a mental image of nero doing the buster hold move on V and jogging to the urizen fight with him

He didn't want to princess carry V because that's gay.

Fuck Nero.
The next game better be Dante and Vergil in hell.

You nerds don't get it, you'll never have your own Nero game. deal with it. They introduced Vergil back to get him in the main game now with dante and Nero. You think they would miss the opportunity to have Vergil and Nero working alongside each other?

DMC5 has a decent plot, the only real problem was it's rushed ending and these retarded time-jumps between chapters, V being Vergil is a good way of exploring his character without breaking it, whoever thinks Vundus is a good idea should slap yourself in the face, period.

I honestly stopped caring about DMC's story after 4. Once I accepted the future of this series is going to disjointed dual campaigns for the rest of its existence there's just no room for quality development. 5 just doubled downed on 4's style of story telling and while it has a better story than 4 I wouldn't call it good.

That's assuming we get a DMC6.

Leon was great in 4

Hm good point then. But I still think Dante knows Vergil had a change of heart, so it'd be pointless to kill him.

It can't, though. Devil Arms powered the Hellgates in 4, but Yamato can't just hop between the human and demon world at will; it requires like a whole ritual or a giant Hell tower. That's why it was such a big deal when they left.

>You think they would miss the opportunity to have Vergil and Nero working alongside each other?
>Vergil and Nero
>not Vergil and Dante
I wasn't waiting for Vergil's return for God knows how long only to see how this retarded father/son fanservice shit steals my bromance bounding screentime.

Attached: 8545835687657.png (811x797, 439K)

I know two million sales in the first two weeks is good but the game went on sale pretty quickly and far too often. It dropped out sales list pretty quickly too by the end of march.

Yeah I'll relent on Dante fighting to kill.

Attached: 1434422738387.jpg (280x330, 26K)

We saw that for like 3 games now, and it was autistic. No way fag. New dynamic time.

I sincerely believe DMC could use a soft reboot. Still the main series, but reboot the story a bit. At this point all you're going to be getting from these stories is some new stupid powerful enemy shows up, someone receives a stupid power up to kill them and that's that.

Quickly Yea Forums post your DMC6 villain ideas
>Japanese underworld invades European underworld
>Vergil and Dante called to action
>Turns out the mastermind behind the invasion is Nobunaga
>Cameo appearance by Jubei Yagyuu
Tell me you wouldn't play this shit. I dare you.

Attached: Nobunaga Onimusha 2.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Soft reboot you say? I am returned?

Attached: 0d94786f1ba28470cbd157364fc1fc43.jpg (500x700, 70K)

>Reboot the story

Attached: Donte.jpg (600x337, 56K)

Oh fuck off. They've never been on such good terms as they are now, it's time for friendly sibling rivalry and command job.

>tfw itsuno is leaving dmc5 for good and currently thinking about working on the reboot sequel

Attached: 1534719571640.jpg (680x680, 64K)

Yall rang?

Attached: actually hotter than old dante.gif (268x350, 1.97M)

>good terms
>literally 2 mins of dialogue
kek, sorry full pass on MCU tier bros in hell DMC6. If you can't make the next game nothing but trash fanservice, end it with 5.

Unfortunately when you give him props the resident autist shows up in the thread every time, like clock work.

Watch as this design is reused as Nero's mother. She even wears black.

Attached: 1558802504945.jpg (935x1429, 106K)

Based. DMC6 needs some grit like DMC1 or 3. Hell, kill Dante and have Vergil protagonize for a while.

STOP GO AWAY

Agni and Ruda, I miss my boys and hate that Dante has never gotten a pair of dual swords since 3

And her name will be Kat!

Attached: d8s4c9a-809dcf22-c583-47ef-9d7d-7fa7833057b1.jpg (636x900, 219K)

I bet you're the same tards who want a sparda game or Nero's son as a protagonist.

Can't be the original baybee

Attached: 1531158003611.png (512x448, 149K)

But she has nothing to do with the fortuna woman.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34683741

dmc4 had better animations/sound effects for hitting enemies

DMC sound design has been ass since 2, 2/3/4/5 all have bad sound effects for hitting enemies.

Actually no, i'm against ANY of the spardas having any children whatsoever. I said it once and i'll say it again. Leave it at 3. There better not be a forth mother fuck with white hair in 6, no clones either. If Tanisha shows up in white hair and a red dress Itsuno can suck a dick.

Yamato in is the peak magic katana: it's full of rich details that betray its demonic nature, but its shape and coloration remain elegant; no tacky red blades or skulls or what-have-you, just cold steel.

Attached: 1555978902373.jpg (1400x1000, 870K)

>kill Dante
what about a Dante angelo

*in 5

Attached: image00134.jpg (1357x1920, 730K)

what about... a nero angelo

You can tell me stop and no all you want. I like it rough.

Attached: 6e3aa991bea9443ba578d261211e64eb.jpg (531x588, 54K)

>DSD opening like a giant maw is a reference to Alastor's hilt
DEEPEST LORE

Sure, why not? Just get some fucking grit back. It's a sentai series at this point.

DSD is literally the Akantor Broadsword from Monster Hunter

I'll accept it if there's an allusion to you-know-who.

Attached: Amaterasu.png (1190x956, 1003K)

You're going to play as Dante's clone daughter in DMC6 and you're going to like it.

Attached: Bianca.png (1364x768, 1.31M)

which ever one would hurt vergil the most, his son or his brother.

>get the grit back
Mundus as an antagonist....
>MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>OHOOHOHOHOOHO
>HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
Which isn't the only disney thing about it, that damn dialogue
>don't cry trish, devils never cry, tears are a gift only humans possess
Is this a Disney princess movie line? I swear I heard it in one.
>it should have been ME to fill your dark soul with light
Ok, not even Disney would be that bad.

DSD is closed like 80% of the time though.

>Dante having a child
Never ever and you know it, just deal with it already you dumb cuck

DMC5 was good but it severely lacked genuine interaction between Dante Nero and Vergil

Attached: twister.png (1095x2390, 787K)

The theme of the series is family. Dante being a father is inevitable.

slice of life elements with banting between nero and the two brothers. A continuation of the end of 5.

Dante doesn't care about women now sorry fag.

Attached: D2Y279FXQAEhT12.jpg (1000x1000, 115K)

Dante is for Pizza

Attached: 1554689892252.jpg (800x623, 364K)

Jesus christ, how easy it is for user to get you bothered. Dilate.

He's gay?

for Vergil

Attached: 1554406023231.jpg (1080x1080, 273K)

its astonishing how little interaction there is between vergil and nero in this game

you could make an entire game based around nero confronting his dad and dealing with the emotions resulting from that and this game has less than 10 minutes of cutscenes dedicated to it

My name is Janessa, Janessa Darling, daughter of Dante, slayer of demonz sis

Attached: JHn1f8X.jpg (1920x1080, 777K)

More interation between them would be cool but N ero is already enough of a faggot as it is
we don't need a full game of Nero being a little gay crybaby bitch

Attached: 1549751310960.jpg (598x529, 34K)

YAAASSS QWEEN SLAY!!!!
OMG skinny legend!

>be nero
>have your arm ripped off by your dad
>get over it in a month
>be vergil
>get abandoned
>seethe for eternity
kek, he already better than you boyo.

Attached: smug nero.jpg (301x389, 26K)

His bromance with Vergil isn't gay dummy.

>no gf
>madly inlove with brother
OH NO NO NO NO NO

That's the next step, first they wanted the two morons working together without knowing who the fuck they were.

>get over it in a month
he spent like 3 months seething over Dante's "dead weight" comment

even nico basically told him he was a little bitch at the end

Attached: 1552855087851.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

>not being madly in love with your brother who you thought was dead but is actually alive and still butthurt
dante needs to make up for lost time with vergil

Nero actually has soul you troglodyte:

Attached: 1559262993581.png (447x555, 464K)

A month over a comment. He also marched down the gates of hell and got shit done. While your's truly has been crying for the past few games over power and not being able to WIN. Yours truly has literally been a jobber for his entire existence. But imagine calling another character a bitch when your inner self is literally a poetry reading faget. The absolute state.

Attached: 1554909329418.png (807x857, 754K)

this desu. It's a stupid thing to care about.

DMC6 is going to be wild

Attached: 101110111011.jpg (857x1200, 277K)

>While your's truly
Vergil? What, they have PCs down in hell? Where's Dante?

Nero has nothing to whine about he got all his frustrations out in this game. If he does work with Vergil, what the hell will he be crying about now?

Attached: 1554856065029.jpg (5120x2160, 928K)

retard

This.

Too far, too far!

lmao fag detected.

24 years of daddy issues don't just magically disappear
especially when Vergil didn't even realize he had a son or ever think about Nero's existence until he found out he existed

Attached: 1551392108718.png (439x428, 325K)

lurk moar newfag

>In DMC3 Dante and Vergil are fighting
>They have great chemistry together
>In DMC4 Nero and Dante are fighting
>They have great chemistry together
>In DMC5 Nero, Dante and Vergil aren't fighting
>Their chemistry is not as good as in DMC3 and 4
I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Yeah that Itsuno and co. had a year to shit out a game.

you're a stupid kike nigger faggot

>user is a huge faggot for not spoonfeeding newfags
who is teh real fgt, user?

Attached: 1555660308107.png (677x918, 1.04M)

>In DMC5 Nero, Dante and Vergil aren't fighting
>Their chemistry is not as good as in DMC3 and 4
t. forgot the ending of the game

I love Dante

Attached: 1560492250776.png (700x633, 704K)

Nero only cares about what Dante thinks. Hence why despite Vergil ripping off his arm, what Dante said cut him deeper than that. While he never brought up the arm again to Vergil. And even then he only went on about Dante because Dante kept pushing him to the side adding fuel to the fire. But ultimately Dante is the father figure not Vergil. Dante is the one to reassure Nero before they left and Dante is also the one Nero looks up to. He even says "Dante's not gonna die here" first before even mentioning Vergil. Vergil atm is just a deadbeat, Nero don't love em like he does Dante.

and Vergil

Attached: 1560492313207.png (600x454, 159K)

>remap retarget to r3
>holding l3 let's you control the style wheel with the face buttons
Did I fix the claw problem?

Soul and other things.

Attached: D51TQ-qXoAApdVi.jpg (720x1010, 84K)

Go away Nero.

basically

Attached: daddy.jpg (736x735, 61K)

no. 5 retconned 2 to better fit the series. it even explains that vergil and nelo angelo are the same person.

>Dante is the one to reassure Nero
Vergil gave him the book before he left because he was afraid Daddy would leave him again. He was pretty interested in the book as well so he's starting to warm up to him.

Good, atleast Dante actually WINS and isn't a dlc character. Much better role model.

Attached: 1559897673993.jpg (394x441, 94K)

Based

Nero's seen some shiet.

I think he's got a pretty good reason for not wanting to fuck Trish.

No, holding L3 feels like shit. If you want to rebind styles you should either give each style action its own button or have a separate button that turns basic actions into style actions when you hold it (i.e. style+melee=SM moves, style+ranged=GS moves), though that last one would lead to some input problem with weapons like Cerb and DSD which require you to press two buttons at once.

keep it in your pants Bajiru

>24 years of daddy issues don't just magically disappear
>Nero tries to get vergil to pay attention to him
What crazy shit will Nero get into now

keep it in your pants Nico

The letters from that black man details that Lady and Dante have undying respect, but no romantic interest in each other.

Please stop calling Vergil a deadbeat, he didn't know he had a son and has been in literal hell for over a decade.

lewd

t. Vergil.

Attached: 1560296979827.png (1278x660, 1016K)

DONT SAY IT

t. Dante

He meshes better with Dante anyway as he's more like him. Vergil is too autistic. Chads and Weebs don't mix.

Vergil would try dick

Attached: 1558524624569.png (1400x1770, 1.55M)

JACK MEHOFF

The game calls him a deadbeat dad, so it's canon bro.

>The two ladies who work with him want to get in his pants
Only in fanboish waifufags perspective i suppose. Trish is a closed case for obvious reasons, the game's notes about the characters specifically points out that there's no romance between Dante and Lady either. Both sees Dante as a close friend or a family at best. Matier can go fuck herself.

Deadbeat makes Deadweight
like poetry

Don't say what?

most people with daddy issues turn to being huge cum sluts for attention
uh oh.....

Attached: 1555021600002.jpg (424x683, 163K)

No, this is lewd

Attached: D8ggvLEU0AEbqKD.jpg (1200x675, 221K)

>implying he hasn't already

Attached: 1560240143080.jpg (279x181, 6K)

Vergil definately has gay vibes, i'm convinced Nero was created by sperm donor.

Well done, user, well done.

HOWEVER

Attached: Patty_Lowell.JPG.jpg (640x356, 25K)

>even nico basically told him he was a little bitch at the end
No, what Nico said was that crying made you a "little bitch", and then she egged him on to cry in usual silly nico fashion, I didn't see no tears nigga. That's because that's A MAN.

Attached: 7995a702ba2975bfda83f0a53aa5ef8b.jpg (955x763, 50K)

Nothing lewd about a man and his katana partaking in the purest form of love.

it's a setup for 6, when sparda vanished he got captured because his power was sealed in all those heirlooms. nero is going to have knocked up kyrie so the whole game will be daddy issues.

Attached: D3QbILyV4AALz_n.jpg large.jpg (2048x1673, 282K)

Stop right there shcum.

Attached: 1554607877707.png (512x512, 391K)

This.
She's 18, Dante! Eighteeee~nnn!! Not a little kid anymore!! ;)

>How the fuck did no one pick up on this? Its a blatant pass.

Would someone using DSD or Yamato take on Dante or Vergil's DT/Sin DT forms?
Devil Sword Sparda had Dante and Arkham take on his form.
Makes me imagine a character switching gimmick tried to wielding different weapons.

Valid, but:
1. Your post does not ends with zeroes, so it does not cont
2. You just know this won't happen, the age gap's too big and Dante is too much of a father figure for her. For modern world vidya it's almost as problematic as Trish.

agree
nothing gay about rubbing something long and phallic against your taint

Attached: 1557777801796.jpg (965x1137, 259K)

It doesn't have to be L3 specifically, but I just like the idea of holding SOME button to modify your face buttons so you never have to claw to get the most out of Dante, I'm just not sure which button that should be.

No, I dont object to the tail, but why does it start in the middle of Vergil's back instead of the base of his spine?
Demons are weird.

Lady is in Nero's camp now, boomer is off the menu, she gone full cougar.

Attached: 00006757.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

I feel like storywise the series is done. Dante as a character peaked in DMC3 and Nero isn't interesting at all simce ghe only conflict he had left, his heritage, was waved off in 2 minutes in DMC5.
I'd rather see a DMC1 reimagining similar to what the new RE2 did than a DMC6 at this point. Or a DMC0 starring Tony Redgrave

Dante is like boomer tier or atleast middleaged at this point he probably doesnt connect well with teenagers and with patty i think he just sees her as a kod still

>ywn be a lovingly held by a man
>ywn feel his fingers wrapped around your hilt
>ywn feel the breeze against your blade as he slices you through the air
>ywn fill him with exhilaration at how you cut through demons like butter

Attached: 11351351523246.png (446x473, 240K)

If you say so

Attached: D8ggvK_V4AAi7JG.jpg (1200x675, 220K)

I think in the side materials he was planning on meeting up with her after the party, but seriously why would Dante want to go to a party full of high school thots?

>You just know this won't happen
It's more likely than ever given Patty's description in the game.

>the age gap's too big
And Dante's mom being married to a demon of more than 2000 years isn't?

Plus, it doesn't have to be right away. Maybe in a couple years. Write some bullshit about Dante aging less rapidly than humans and you're good to go.

>Dante is too much of a father figure for her
He really isn't. If anything Morrison is her father figure. Most of Patty and Dante's interactions were her taking care of him or telling to get off his ass like a wife would.

As long as there's no balls touching it's not gay.

No, dude. Patty is right at the age where teens are getting out into the world and exploring what the rest of "socializing" has to offer.
Teen hormones are a thing.
And Dante is an attractive older male that pays attention to her.

Dante is aware of what that means. There's a reason why he wants to stay away from Patty's party (and all of her nubile, drunk teenage friends), and its not just because he's a half-demon, weirdo Boomer.

They want that Demon Daddy Dick, and Dante is smart enough to say "no".

Attached: dante-46-1552856691-1296875040.jpg (1920x1080, 944K)

It should be L1.

It wasn't really. Still know nothing about the mother, and unlike Dante we have zero history of what his actual life was before the introduction of DMC4. All we know, left on a doorstep halfway raised by credo's parents until they died. There's room to explore that and unfortunately 5 didn't get a chance having 3 characters and a returned dead one sharing the spotlight.

That was my first thought, but then where does dt go?

>holding SOME button to modify your face buttons
I like the way you think.

Attached: 1497125143_preview_Dante-dmc-devil-may-cry-39896342-500-500.png (500x500, 1.08M)

You think Vergil calls Yamato a "she"? Like boat or a car?
Like, secretly, I mean. In the back of his mind.

Attached: 74740888_p5_master1200.jpg (700x707, 468K)

Nero felt obligated to call Kirye after merely seeing Lady naked, do you really think he'd ever put a dick inside someone who's not Kirye?

How many bastard sons and daughters has Vergil spawned in Fortuna?
How many did Sparda?

Attached: 1359691674748.jpg (606x662, 104K)

absolutely

Cope, he calls her almost everytime there's a phone, to wank

>Patty is right at the age where teens are getting out into the world and exploring what the rest of "socializing" has to offer.
Patty turns down every boy that makes a pass at her. You can bet your ass she's not gonna let her friends hit on Dante.

Nero's mother you goose.

Not before she hits on him first, at least.
I mean, he did save her life all those years ago.

>we're getting to the point where people are actually using the term "boomer" to describe millenials instead of baby boomers

Attached: 1239407555715.jpg (814x500, 50K)

maybe he wouldn't but he'd let someone else

Attached: 1549402519783.jpg (1280x754, 110K)

It was an interesting idea. I mean the lock on system already does it to an extent.
Just Ninja Theory kind of botched it.

One could combine the system to an extent.
Using a Playstation controller for reference.
Hold L1 for the modification key.

R2 swaps melee weapons
R2 + L1 swaps ranged weapons.
Triangle + L1 = Swordmaster
Square + L1 = Gunslinger
Circle = Royal Guard
Circle + L1 = another style I guess?
Cross + L1 = Trickster
Cross = Jump
Put DT on L2 or something.
And keep the rest similar to the current control scheme I guess?

Are you from Reddit? Serious question.
That meme is long in the tooth and never used sincerely.

it's literally always been like this
>boomers:anyone born before 2000
>zoomers: anyone born past 2000

Dante will always be his dad, no matter how many stupid books Vergil gives him. Nero can't be bought.

Attached: 60899983_141505153635343_3453008998387365091_n.jpg (640x640, 124K)

That's why they are pretty casual about it. The game doesn't seriously try to pretend that they'll be down there for too long.

>it's literally always been like this
Not outside of 4chings

How the fuck are people who literally were kids growing up in the age of the internet and cellphones boomers you dumb fuck.

not enough gay in this thread

Attached: 1551584685392.jpg (1157x1285, 699K)

m8 just get good jesus fuck people have put out BP S-ranking compilations without your shitty idea.

Not that dude but people use Boomer to just refer to someone as old, facetiously.
No one is actually talking about Baby Boomers.
Please return to Reddit and stay there.
Thank you.

Show us what you got, user.

Attached: 1359112991463.png (917x688, 310K)

Use words correctly you dumbfuck. Someone born in 95 and 2000 literally have the same mindset and the same taste, grew up in the same era of music, film and technology you dumbfuck.

So this is what Nero looks like when he thinks of Kyrie...

Attached: 1359157437462.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

This desu dante probably doesnt socialize or connect with normal humans very well much less teens the closest thing to it is with nero and he's got more of a fun uncle whose detached but wants the best for him

>people use Boomer to just refer to someone as old, facetiously.
>No one is actually talking about Baby Boomers.
Show me one example of someone using boomer as a replacement for "old person" who isn't some fuckhead Yea Forums maymay faggot

Still not the guy youre talking to.
People used Boomer ironically and then it just stuck as a catchall for anyone older than 18 around here. Zoomer, Doomer and Bloomer popped around the same time.
We know what Baby Boomer means, thats part of the joke.

Now please, return.

Attached: dmc5-dante-devil-trigger-render.jpg (950x1100, 154K)

Based. I'm surprised this exchange is taking place at all.
Underage b&

DMC2's place in the canon at this point is "Dante had another adventure along the way"

The recap video in 5 made no actual mention of its events or characters, you wouldn't even know it was DMC2 without the title screen showing up

How's everyone doing tonight?

Attached: 72948506_p20.png (601x609, 63K)

>Nero can't be bought.
Nero I'll give you more power how about it?

I think you've got it. That actually sounds pretty slick.

WHY IS THIS THREAD SO HOSTILE.

Is this what it has come to lads? No vergil dlc? Is this who we are? Attacking Vergil, attacking Nero, donte posting zoomers vs boomers. Is this how weak we are? is this how easy this family falters? How could you let it come to this. After all we've been through you fucks. For you to all forget who we are just like that. I am disapointed in every single one of you little shits. I can't believe you'd do this to us. FUCK

Feelings depressed after E3 fellow dmc anons?
Go watch Good Omens then. It's got demons and biblical shit and plenty of wholesome gay shit. It's also stupid english humor. Not just a dumb shill plug, I was actually feeling like shit until I watched it. It's only 6 episodes. Just pirate it. It filled my dark soul with light.

Doesn't mean everyone is willing or even able to deliberately harm themselves. Alan Conqvist put out his config that cuts down on clawing, but it's a fucking mess. The concept of buttons that modify other buttons when held seems undervalued to me. It seems like an easy way to get more out of the same buttons.

I know I'm blog posting but I posted about a week ago that my dad had cancer. He had a week to live and I was trying to get to Canada to go see him.

There was an user that suggested calling the airline to see if they had discounts for my situation. Although the notice was too short for them to help me get to Canada they gave me a great deal on the return ticket. Saved me $300. I really wanted to thank that user because I never would've thought to ask about that. I appreciated that so much.

I was so scared my dad would pass before I made it. I got there last Saturday night and he died Sunday morning in his home shortly after I woke up. I was able to see him and say good bye to him. I'm going to miss him.

Attached: dmc_zodiac88_-1131537499296157697-20190523_052857-img1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.43M)

So many emotions in one thread goddamn

Are you the user who's mother wouldn't let you see your dad? I'm happy you made it.

Sorry to hear about it, man. I'll pray for you and your father; may God rest his soul.

F

I'm so sorry user, glad you got to see him.

Attached: 00003323.jpg (720x892, 63K)

dmc is a brotherhood

The system in DmC could've been so much more. Like they could've easily made TS into angel+jump, RG demon+jump, have guns be part of the system like making Coyote the demon version and Blue Rose the angel version of E&I, have gauntlets which were like Balrog and the demon version was just fists, the angel one just kicks and the human both. They could've easily gotten rid of the hook since half the time you don't need it and the platforming is boring.

glad you got to see him user
rip

Attached: 1559856396073.png (550x530, 85K)

>Day 90 and still no Vergil dlc in sight

more power you say?

Attached: 1560039464900.jpg (2560x1440, 502K)

Thank you. Yeah that was me. Growing up she would always tell me he wanted nothing to do with me. I grew up resenting him because of her lies. Then I found out she was telling him I never wanted to see him and would always have excuses. I had a relationship with him once I was grown and she couldn't control me anymore. I missed so many years with him though.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

dude that sucks and all but tumblr is that way

That sounds way more fun, but the chains gotta stay, they're too integral to your mobility. Also, fuck that devil trigger. Having an angel trigger was actually a cool idea, and why no taunt button?

5 Vergil in the little screentime he gets is way more likable than 3 Vergil.

I'm glad you were able to see you dad, it looked like he waited for you to see him.

I'm happy the suggestion worked for you.

You did well, user. Best wishes.

I got your power, right here.

Attached: 1559000096776.jpg (1080x800, 244K)

But she took away his wizard power.

Sup bros, heard somebody was talking shit running their faggot mouth. I'm not used to this incel internet stuff but I just stopped by from football practice to say.

1) Fuck off
2) You will accept my existence
3) If it's you Dante, I mean we can tap the other cheek so they match bro
4) If it's my dad, bro don't make me embarass you infront of Dante again
5) If it's Nico, i'll take your other sandwich too, trump supporting pos

Alright dudes that's all, stay chill, later bro.

Attached: D2LCqhGWwAELPUV.jpg (847x847, 142K)

Draw me like one of your french girls teehee~~

Attached: 1554843290915.jpg (5120x2160, 1.71M)

3 Vergil is a villain who gets redeemed a little bit in the end. 5 Vergil is an assholish monster with mommy issues who slaughtered an entire city just to revive himself and beat his brother.

DMC3 specifically NEVER seemed to care about the si ling rivalry. He wanted mire power and beating Dante was a means to an end. DMC5 misses the point of the character completely by making it all about fighting Dante.

cringe and plebbit pilled

begone concubine my yamato is not for procreating with common street trash like you

Attached: 1558844890537.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

>mfw I just realized Nero putting the hood on comes fresh outta that concept art of hooded Donte

Attached: 1553592650763.gif (200x185, 2.99M)

>implying nero isn't redpilled like johnny young bosch
lol retard

Attached: 1552694994333.png (1218x902, 1.4M)

Nero you're so hot!

Attached: 1558842577737.jpg (1200x1195, 125K)

I wish Nero was my cool big angry brother

it probably comes from the nero concept art of his DT having a hood.

Attached: Nero DT.jpg (2160x3060, 554K)

>He wanted mire power and beating Dante was a means to an end.
No. It was always about sibling rivalry since their ideals would never line up, vergil's demon side and dante's humanity. They hated what the other represented.

or you know, maybe it's just a hood
i mean it's not like coats typically come with hoods

The new Cerberus. Someone post some hot triple nunchuk action.

nice cock

Attached: 75139973_p0.jpg (1500x1486, 537K)

I was thinking that but if it's going to be a reference I'd imagine it'd be the concept art.

It's kinda both, since Donte was supposed to be able to put the hood up and down without dt. It's a shame we didn't get that. The version of Donte we got was probably the worst one, except for that shitty Lobo-looking biker redneck bastard.

Oh, you were singing a different tune last night.

Attached: 1556258465873.png (2221x2357, 876K)

>vergil copied from vorgil btfo

Attached: 1551373047458.jpg (519x799, 127K)

No they didn't. Dante only started to represent humanity after the scene with Lady at the library, and even then he wanted to stop Vergil, but the sibling rivslry and the stupid ass "mommy didn't save me" bullshit was NEVER the focus. It was about ideologies, not blood.

DMC5 Vergil is fucking shit. In fact, the writing of DMC5 as a whole is complete utter garbage and it baffles me that people defend it

oh my

Attached: 456465436436.png (1916x2156, 3.78M)

cease this slander wench

Attached: 1554691522323.jpg (720x1024, 90K)

Balrog set a new standard for the gauntlets-and-greaves archetype. I hope they never go back. DSD and KC are also killer. 5 probably has the best loadout Dante has ever had.

He had a hoodie in DMC4 too, Donte got the hoodie from 4Nero

>Balrog set a new standard for the gauntlets-and-greaves
yeah mashing attack for instant SSS really gave the game so much depth

you can't ignore me, I made you cum.

Attached: 1558479920842.jpg (600x451, 52K)

If you're gonna bitch all the time then you should actually read the side material for three where they explain Dante's and Vergil's story, I didn't pull it out of my asshole. You're always in a blind rage over the story, you're looking more autistic than vergil.

Attached: 1555652207951.jpg (292x267, 19K)

>Having an angel trigger was actually a cool idea
Game really needed an Angel Trigger and some kind of Nephilim Trigger during the Mundus fight with that prophecy and all.

is this pic edited or does he actually smile

post sweaty

Please stop roleplaying you retarded fag.

what porn is this from?

Attached: DvA6cq4WwAEoG3g.jpg (316x316, 14K)

He has always enjoyed fighting Dante. Lady tells you in the opening of 3 it’s the one thing that they both enjoy.

I miss the fun we used to have

Attached: 1553801477288.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

You did good, user.

Attached: 1535438189810.jpg (500x706, 52K)

The only time Vergil smiled is when he's with Dante.

I'm just saying, the idea of putting it up without going dt came from Donte. Interactive hoodies as part of a character's design has bean toyed with and reimagined repeatedly until finally being implemented in 5, much like the motorcycle weapon.

>mine's the biggest

Nero's sweaty chest here to save this thread

Attached: 1554335114257.jpg (1024x553, 89K)

.....putting a hoodie up......really. It can't really come from something if it was never utilized in DmC.

That one is face app. This is his real smile.

Attached: 1555806319186.png (1057x594, 925K)

thank you

Attached: 1560116645733.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Whoops, and that's the young filter on Face App. I meant to post the real one.

Attached: 1553661940242.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Nergil is best Vergil

Attached: Nergil (2).jpg (2560x1440, 280K)

Everything regarding angels was such an obvious afterthought it was embarrassing. Remember the one time we see an actual angel she’s so pathetic she might as well have been a human?

Hey man sorry to hear it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, glad you got to say goodbye though.
F
I hate blog posting as much as the next guy but even being a cold hearted piece of shit i still have empathy and sympathy.

Attached: 1511589333554.jpg (2100x1534, 2.15M)

delete this please

Speaking of dumped ideas, dafuq was up with the amulets? Can a nephilim not use its full power without one? Seems like nephilim aren't really all that special if they can't even use the powers that are genetically innate to them without some fucking jewelry. Doesn't that mean nephilim are just regular people until they get a rock around their necks? Where do the amulets come from? How do they work? What if Dante just lost his amulet because he didn't know it was magic? How come the demons don't just take the amulets?

V died so we can get this precious smile.

Attached: 1553025819138.jpg (280x330, 19K)

Try not playing on easy.

post the wax vergil

It's not like concept art doesn't exist. I'm still starving for Vergil's new vanilla dt because it's the coolest dt I've ever seen.

We would've never known about his cute dimples.

Attached: 1559004991175.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

"Harm"? Use the sides of your thumb to press Circle or any of the four D-pad buttons you scrub.

Attached: mfw foolishness.jpg (780x653, 83K)

this game made me unironically gay
thanks itsuno

Attached: D8D3e_8U8AAKDov.jpg (1200x675, 110K)

I really do like seeing him smile, seems like on this serious path to strength he lost his ability to have a good time
>tfw you'll never be able to protect that smile

Tbh everything was an afterthought. The whole concept of DmC just did not make sense to me. It also wasn't convincing. I mean in the main series it makes you believe Vergil, Dante and Nero are special because of what they can do, and because of what their dad/grandad did. Dude's worshipped as a god ffs. But in DmC it's just like "you are nephilim you are destined to be great", gone is the powerful demon and his line in the place of mixed race = hot shit.. But the game never really shows you how or why. Angels themselves seem weak as shit. The nephilim themselves got btfo'd, how were they a threat if they got hunted and killed. It also undermines the twins themselves, if they're little more special than just another set of nephilim when an entire race of them were destroyed. What makes them unique from them? Dante/Vergil don't really display much to make you believe they are that special either, I mean all Dante's powers are majority related to his weapons besides the healing.

>Pretty much everything revolving around Vergil.
That makes sense considering he's at the root of all the conflict in the game. Vergil stole Nero's arm, Vergil becomes demon king-usurper, Vergil tries to ruin everything with the tree for power. Of course it's gonna revolve aroudn him when most of the cast is also a blood relative.

>sides of your thumb
If my thumb is on the stick, it's nowhere near any buttons.

Attached: 1547334137304.jpg (800x450, 27K)

>I can't believe some of you actually thought Capcom's money make was going to get killed lol
DMC's sales history hardly classified it as a money maker in Capcom's eyes. And that's without comparing it to Capcom's real money makers.

The correct answer is they don't know and they didn't fucking care.
just like they didn't care about making the gameplay good.
just like they didn't care about level design.
just like they didn't care about Bloody palace.
just like they didn't care about the campaign & making V bearable to play.
just like they didn't care about Vergil.
just like they didn't care about the Character models and art direction.
just like they didn't care about Neros devil breakers system.
just like they didn't care about Dante's weapons "
>hey you can't use all these moves that this weapon should have.
>oh you want to use rebellions drive? fuck you we stole it to make DSD "unique"
>Here's Cerberus but better.. except not really coz we took away a heap of moves so now it's a mess.
>oh you want to use red line? fuck you buy the DLC for a new weapon that's really just one move you should already have.
>oh you want to switch breakers? fuck you we made your gameplay shit to make dantes more "unique"

Is there any reason to do Bloody Palace? Is there any reason to play (besides fun) after DMD? What is there to unlock?

a shitty taunt.

taunts

He didn't say Platinum, he said Kamiya, which is 100% true. Kamiya tries to put Space Harrier into every game he makes and also any other arcade favourite of his.

Dante gets to slick his hair again and Nero and V unlock some rather inexplicable Star Wars references.

You're not familiar with Kamiya mini games?
I don't know if he tells the devs to program them all like ass or they just do because they don't wanna be working on his shitty minigames.

Holding taunt next to a fallen humanoid enemy should make you give them noogies.

fund this

Its probably better to say Vergil is Capcom's excuse to sell the game twice.

Ahhhhhh I love that 5fags now dab on 1/3/4fags relentlessly now when they come in with that nostalgia blindness bullshit. Proud of you.

thanks dad

>oh boy a dmc thread I can't wait to talk about the game
>+50% of the thread is gayshit and fujobait
I forget how disappointed in these threads I become.

theres nothing else to talk about

I know this is bait, but I'm bored to so I'll bite anyways
>they didn't care about making the gameplay good.
not true
>they didn't care about level design.
they certainly did, everyone was praising DmC's level design on how it was great, so the logically listened to fans and gave them what they wanted
>they didn't care about Bloody palace.
the only thing missing is a mode to make it DMC3's BP really
>they didn't care about Vergil.
>they didn't care about the Character models and art direction.
The art direction is the way it always was trying to be, realistic with a stylistic touch to it, the only thing it's lacking is some colors but that's more of a fault on the RE engine, and they also should fix Trish's nose
>they didn't care about Neros devil breakers system.
they work exactly how they wanted and they're fine, the only problem there is with them is that they aren;t infinite in the super costumes
>they didn't care about Dante's weapons
all of Dante's weapons in 5 are easy to use and deal damage how are they not good?

Stop being a crybaby you little fag, this thread was just autistic as always, and less than quarter of posts were gaybaits

0 should be fag shit. kill yourself.

>+50% of the thread is gayshit and fujobait
Looks like someone doesn't know how to count.

>>+50% of the thread is gayshit and fujobait

Attached: 1559256904942.jpg (998x960, 492K)

The next DMC game should have the following
>STOP MAKING DANTE PLAYABLE HALF WAY THROUGH THE GAME
>DSD redesign, changing combo A, B and C's animation and give him a second air attack
>DT and SDT redesign and only make SDT accessible when you reach SSS rank
>interconnected level design like in 1 and 3
>bring back the gold and yellow ob revive system instead of the shit we got in 5 and remove the daily log in bonus
>Lady an Trish better not be just there for no reason, give us a cool cutscene of them fighting some demons at the least
>third playable character better not be shit
>redesign Nero's shitty DT (at least give him his hoodie design)
>a rival boss for Nero that isn't Vergil and isnt as shit as Urizen
>a Nero boss and a SDT Dante boss
>someone NEEDS to cry in the end
that's all I ask for

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190611012054.jpg (2357x2158, 792K)

>we all had a lot of laughs here tonight BUT HES YA DADDY NERO I CANT LET YOU RIGHT EM

When did Devil may Cry becomes Days of our Lives???????

>dmc sitcom / SoL never ever

haha i love devil may cry
my favorite part is when the guy shoot the demon and it dies haha