Do you guys think the new battletoads game is gonna be good?

Do you guys think the new battletoads game is gonna be good?

Attached: E6929527-CCDC-46FE-B3BD-B11DE2203AAA.jpg (940x528, 106K)

No.

Attached: queen.jpg (369x405, 23K)

DOA

I honestly don't mind how the rest of the game looks but this shit is mindblowingly retarded. It doesn't even look like the same character.

It looks a fucking mess.

Attached: not a fan.jpg (1360x649, 250K)

i thought battletoads was more about spacefaring and kicking the shit out of people and not about hopping around manhattan

Attached: 3C579C7A-D434-4ADF-A5B0-AC5A69C6F055.png (603x322, 231K)

Post the edit. I like actually like the edit.

absolutely not, where's the 90s edge?
Imagine this thing calling the player names like "Battlebarfs"...it just doesn't work

>original game was pretty shit
>only known for difficulty
>not at all known for any quality game aspects
>haven't seen a game in the series in over 25 years
>original team has nothing to do with the new game
>just a corporate purchased IP handed off to a development group to cash in on nostalgia
A better question is why you might think it might be good.

This. When I saw this gameplay I could figure it out what the fuck was I seeing. Its a colorful clusterfuck; the characters dont stand out from the background, the special attacks are ridiculous and it doesnt look like its gonna work as a 3 player mode game. The devs didn't even bothered to check the previous games to see how they play, and thats is the most infuriating thing of them all. The Dark Queen doodle is the tip of the iceberg. Fuck those CalArt faggots I hope they get fired ASAP

Nope.

Attached: 1536027559235.jpg (874x582, 103K)

The fuck are you talking idiot? The original NES game was innovative as fuck. Even though unforgiving, every level difficulty was tuned to perfection, leaving no room for error. Also some levels and some bosses were ahead of their time as ideas

t. never got past turbo tunnel

I swear to god the fucking devs missed the mark completely with this game, it's like they google searched "Why do people like battletoads" and just got a checklist of things they needed to put into the game.
This shit being the worst, at least when their limbs transformed it made sense in the context of the game. This shit is just wacky hilarious randumb cartoon shit.

>Arcade version
No.

Not sure if it's true but I saw a youtube comment that said it was one of the dude's 8 year old daughter that chose the design.

The old Battletoads were cool in sort of crass over-the-top 90s kind of way, both the toads themself and the enemies they fought. Problem is that new ones are not cool at all.

I don't like the art style but I am a sucker for sidescrolling beat em ups

No.

Attached: D8vL7SaU8AE2_Nb.jpg (828x828, 115K)

Sidescrolling beat em ups rely on two things, good gameplay and style. This game has niether

They should have embraced that old over the top 90s stuff, and kept the edge they always had on top. Instead they went with the pilot cartoon but much worse. KI did it perfectly, how the heck did they ignore that.

I wouldn't mind the artstyle if they didn't fuck up the transformations and Dark Queen's redesign and made the animations smoother

I got past the fucking snakes stage and that was back when I was 8. I don't recall if I beat it, though.

Oh, bullshit. A lot of the graphics on the 3D platforms poorly represented the actual platform shape, meaning you'd occasionally fall off and die because you got too close to the edge and there wasn't a good indication of where the edge ended. You had two players who could hit each other, which wasn't a problem (many other games did the same) but it forced a Game Over and a continue if anyone's lives were used up, making playing multiplayer even more frustrating than it should be. And pixel-perfect or near pixel-perfect requirements in certain spots is not "tuned to perfection", especially when they were basic requirements for just getting through the game, rather than requirements for bonuses.

I'd love to hear what you thought was innovative in the game, or what levels and bosses you thought were ahead of their time.

I don't really like the new art style. Really off-putting

I hope thats a lie, but i would not be surprised

If you reached the snakes stage, you should not be calling the game shit. The original Battletoads is tight as fuck.

I mean, fuck a couple of the levels like Clinger Winger. But saying it's at all shit is blatantly false.

Its a trial-error game so dont blame its graphics if you suck so much. The graphics look great for an NES game. The first person perspective on the first boss was innovative and orginal as fuck as an idea back then. The last level( that huge pink collumn) uses cleverly the 2d sprites and makes the the environment look pseudo 3d. Lastly I remember the ball race boss how retardedly fine tuned it was. You had to press the RIGHT button an the RIGHT time in order to change direction, while the colorball chases you. The catch is, the mistakes you made before will come bite you in the end of the race when the ball accelerates. Not even the quick save/load trick on an emulator wont work against the ball lmao. You need to execute it perfectly (and ofc fight the ball boss later)

I have a theory they only did it so that when people call game stores asking for Battletoads they will say yeah we got it.

If you don't have confidence on some IP, just keep it dead (or sell it). A dead franchise which left good memories is way better than resurrecting one only to piss on it.

Attached: D8vMYu_XsAAeVDC.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

>toads
>skipping leg day
The fucking retards I swear. How do these hacks keep making video games?

>If you reached the snakes stage, you should not be calling the game shit.
Clearly, there is something you are missing if you cannot understand why somebody would be disappointed in the game even past the hoverbike stage.

>Its a trial-error game so dont blame its graphics if you suck so much.
Misleading graphics in a trial-and-error game is a bad game design. Graphics which poorly represent the object (in this case, a graphical ledge which extends past the actual ground) is a bad design. It's even worse in a trail-and-error game, since you can't rely on the graphics to represent things properly; you need to manually walk off the ledge enough to locate where the hitbox actually is.

This isn't considering the problem with trail-and-error in a system with limited lives and continues. That would be a bit unfair, since that was most of the NES library.

>The graphics look great for an NES game.
This is true.

>The first person perspective on the first boss was innovative and orginal as fuck as an idea back then. The last level( that huge pink collumn) uses cleverly the 2d sprites and makes the the environment look pseudo 3d.
True, I'll give you that. TMNT: Turtles in Time did the 1st person boss fight and Super Ghouls & Ghosts did the rotating tower, but both of these were in the SNES era and so long after Battletoads did it.

>Lastly I remember the ball race boss how retardedly fine tuned it was.
>You need to execute it perfectly
This isn't exactly good game design. It's like the trial-and-error problem, except that the error happens five minutes before the death so it's hard to tell how exactly you screwed up. It is forcing the player to replay the stage over and over again (and with the game design, replay the whole game over and over) until they figure out where they're screwing up.

>Clearly, there is something you are missing if you cannot understand why somebody would be disappointed in the game even past the hoverbike stage.
Explain your stance then. I can understand desiring more beat-em-up segments, but other than that, most stages are excellent fun.

>A dead franchise which left good memories is way better than resurrecting one only to piss on it.
True, but they can make some money with a cheap cashgrab. Keeping the IP dead won't earn them anything, and they probably won't get much money out of selling a 20-year dead franchise.