>Most Western content creators didn't even recognize The Hero or DQ

Why are Westerners such casuals?

Attached: banjo.jpg (1082x559, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=78Fu4w33ipc
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtu.be/YO7n_qaQJUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It has to do with how DQ doesn't carry the same nostalgia for Westerners seeing how RPGs were still niche
They tried to make DQ popular in the west like it was in Japan by practically giving it away with Nintendo Power but that didn't work
Cue a hiatus of games not coming to the west and you get what we have now
Not even Seth Green could make DQ popular for westerners

>that last one with the mocap girl(male) sitting in the void watching it
why are JP content creators so strange?

It makes sense for most westerners to not recognize DQ, as long as they weren't dicks about them being in it doesn't matter. Japan likes both reveals though, so this E3 was extra based for them.

>Most Western content creators didn't even recognize The Hero or DQ
Most of them didn't even recognize the fucking jiggy.

Well you can't blame Banjo and Kazooie for the fact that SE failed to marketing and stabilish a strong presence of Dragon Quest in the west. If the series was present here since early days along with FF and pokemon, it wouldn't be so hard as it is now to make it stay in the west.

they are cute

wow. these niggas be cute. how is there a breeding problem in japan?

Nobody gives a shit about DQ outside of Nipland

Nobody gives a shit about Banjoo/Kootznitzle.

Attached: 432543234.jpg (300x300, 13K)

Most western content creators only recognized Banjo because of all the Banjo fans on social media, most of them didn't react to the jigsaw piece which was a dead giveaway

Males are too shy and if a Female is bred, it basically ends her career.

>a REACT channel hams it up for views
how genuine and believable

>content creator

Is there a more zoomer term than this?

I'm a big fan of Hamburger-san 10:00 in.

I wonder if there were Banjo rumors running rampant on JP messageboards and shit, or if they were more genuinely surprised? Like don't get me wrong I was still shocked and hyped as fuck to see Banjo but I knew about Virginben predicting it and shit.

man it was obvious when it had dk characters all together
though before it showed the jiggy a part of me still thought they were doing another villain/hero thing

youtube.com/watch?v=78Fu4w33ipc

I think you'll like the one that comes up at 7:57

I thought we were getting another DK character until I saw the jiggy

Because there's more onions in Japan.

"You didn't follow generic turn-based JRPG series number five that was advertised less than FF, the other popular Square turn-based JRPG series"
"Why don't you know about them?"
Fucking people these days.

>react videos are okay when japan does it
how are weeaboos so consistently fucking stupid

because the DQ guy looks like a generic DBZ anime character, whereas B&K are very recognisable.

>rosterfag that doesn't actually play games
What a surprise

STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT FUCKING REACTION VIDEOS YOU LITTLE GINGER FAGGOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>whereas B&K are very recognisable.
They LITERALLY look like Dora the explorer characters

Please don't make fun of Banjo Kazooie.
You might not care, but others do.

>turn-based JRPG series number five
but it's literally number 1

Tough, DQfag. You're character's in, just shut up and enjoy that. Who cares about the "western/eastern" reaction?

Attached: I_like_em_chunkeh.gif (200x126, 716K)

>Japan likes Banjo
>Potential for more Sexy Game Over Grunty 34
All is right in the world.

>cringe anime avatars that can't handle the hyper overreactions so they just bug out and look like shit
>half of them don't recognize the shadow of Kazooie, let alone the jiggy

This is hard to watch

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

It's what I have been saying all the time. I kind of understand the desire for more people to know and play the series but honestly, that's SE's fault. And now they are finally putting some effort into advertising it.

Memes aside, most zoomers that make reaction videos weren't even alive when Banjo came out, or too young to play it so it means nothing to them, same with.

Despite Nintendo heavily pushing Dragon Quest in the early 90s and again on DS, America does not give a fuck about the series. There's just something about DQ that the west doesn't like.

Go play the first game Zoomer. You will be glad you did.

Banjo has wide appeal, DQ doesn't.

Never heard of virtual youtubers?
youtu.be/YO7n_qaQJUA

THEYRE REACTIONS R REEL 'N AWETHENTICK! UNLIKE STUPID FUCKING GAJINS!

I wanna move to Japan so badly. I hate my own kind so much. I just wanna live in anime land ;_;

>content creators
Kill yourself faggot kid.

Attached: 1539729598991.jpg (960x833, 49K)

Influencer

Enix hardly made any effort to give DQ any presence in the west, they were always reluctant to bring it over and did the bare minimum

This. I also assume the games are plagued with basic RPG problems, like grinding and filler/random battle up the ass, generic fantasy writing etc. Personally I find this at least somewhat excusable since DQ is what started all that in the first place. That is, if DQ didn't exist, there wouldn't even be a chance to have a problem with 80-hour, grindy jrpgs.

Though I've never played a single game to completion, and haven't played any of the new stuff besides Builders 1. So I wouldn't really know.

Now's their chance at least. Looks like even on Yea Forums there's people getting into the series thanks to Smash.

rpgs are the ultimate incel genre

That's why I think that if they didn't wait pokemon and final fantasy to completely dominate the jrpg scene in west, the series nowadays would be just as much popular and influential here. The problem is that most people were introduced into jrpgs by pkm/ff and only get to DQ (if they do) when they are older.