Realistically, is there any way for the next Smash to NOT disappoint...

Realistically, is there any way for the next Smash to NOT disappoint? No way they’ll be able to get back all these 3rd party characters again.

Attached: 1CA38E25-5479-4D03-ACC7-E35488C794AA.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

Missing Ken, Joker, Banjo and DQ Heroes, someone needs to update this pic

> All of these great third parties
> No Bomberman
Truly a tragedy

Attached: 3A4F4F0B82CA39A0CB36EFC62738FCFCD8D8D435.jpg (600x600, 49K)

I'm fairly sure only Cloud and Snake will be missing, and I'm not so sure about Snake.

>next Smash
they don't need to make the next smash, just support Ultimate for as long as it's profitable.

The game will do well if it has
>solid single player, proper SSE type cut scenes which will be easier with the smaller cast
>proper online, smash ultimate online is fucking awful. Put effort in next time
>all returning characters are revamped in some way to make them feel fresh
>stages are looked at again, more in line with the 64/Melee designs rather than the 4 design of EPIC HEUG STAGE

While the roster will be smaller, everything else can better. If you take away from roster from Ultimate the game is pretty shit.

Cloud and Snake can fuck off to the next PlayStation All-Stars anyway.

>Snake
>Simon/Richter
>Mega Man
>Pacman
>Banjo
Dead series

>Sonic
>Cloud
Series with no good games

>Bayonetta
>Hero
>Joker
Who gives a shit?

If I could save one to stay in the next smash, I'd save Ryu in a heartbeat

hope they keep Snake in, he should be a mainstay just for being first

The next Smash game won't come out for another five years minimum. They can't conceivably make another game meaningfully bigger than Ultimate; so, along with the returning implicit sell each game has had of just accessing the N64 game on a new console, it will need to be innovative and with new features so that the quantitative comparisons don't apply. Making the transition to a 3D arena fighter, while worrying, is a good simple and obvious example of how this could be achieved; but, the direction they end up taking will be less obvious.

Good. Fuck third parties.

lmao, in 5 years they'll just do it "games as a service" and release a stream of veterans over a long period
it will be justified by saying it's similar to ultimate's model of unlocking characters

literally every fighter in OP's pic has way more potential for an interesting moveset than bomberman, and so does every newcomer in ultimate. deal with it.

>No way they’ll be able to get back all these 3rd party characters again.
Why's that? Most were approved by the creators themselves and many are from dead IPs. If anything the success of Ultimate means they will be able to use everyone for years to come.

>Realistically, is there any way for the next Smash to NOT disappoint?
No

He's still in the game tho, so they kinda acknowledged him

Maybe they make a HD collection with online play or they go the custom route so autists can make their own goku and Steve

We said that with Smash 4.

I dunno. Capcom and Sega seem pretty chummy with Nintendo, and it seemed like Konami's properties got a lot of love. I can imagine at least most of their characters would return (plus Pac-Man since Namco helped develop smash). SE and Microsoft are the only real uncertainties imo.

The only way they can top this is to break the rule of vidya characters only, so by making the first reveal Goku or something.

>No way they’ll be able to get back all these 3rd party characters again.
How is that a bad thing? 5/8ths of the characters on your image will not be missed.

>is there any way for the next Smash to NOT disappoint?
Have it made by someone other than Sakurai and I guarantee it'll be the best smash game in years by a mile.

There needs to be a gap at least as long as the one between Brawl and Smash 3DS before the next smash, that was six years, this gap could be even longer. Because yes, you're right. After this game I wouldn't want a single character to be cut.

The only way to make a future smash worth it is to go back and really fundamentally change the basic mechanics of the game and somehow make them better, I don't even have any suggestions for how you would/could/should do that, any major changes are going to inevitably piss off a large portion of the fanbase. Yet, without any major changes, I don't even see the need for a sequel at all, with each new character added to the game we genuinely do get closer and closer to the bottom of the barrel. The fact that actual Nintendo characters are not even really in the discussion anymore when talking about Smash newcomers is definitely a symptom of this problem.

It's kinda sad, even as a mega fan I don't know what's left to improve.

Attached: 1535777333865.gif (480x270, 1.97M)

The games as a service model would unironically work fine with Smash Ultimate. If you just added 2-3 characters a year the game would stay alive for more than a decade easily, I'd put money on it. You could even stop doing balance patches at a certain point so it doesn't turn into some MOBA like bullshit where the meta changes from month to month. At least, that's how I'd do it anyways.

> Talks about moveset
> When we have Duck Hunt, WFT, Pac-Man etc.
Zoomers like you deserve death

The only way they could make the next game better is to just remake it from the ground up. Everyone gets a new moveset since some characters are using garbage from the N64. A small roster of 25 characters, max.

>A small roster of 25 characters, max.

This would piss off a gigantic portion of the audience and you know it. If I was aware of this I'd immediately lose all interest in the new game and just keep playing Ultimate for however many years it takes like the meleefags do. I don't think we would be a minority either. A small roster is most of the reason why Pokken Fighters failed.

I agree with you that I'd like to see a lot of old movesets revamped, but they can't dip below 55 characters. How could you even make that many cuts?

Next Smash almost certainly has to be a small roster with a mechanical overhaul. There's a possibility they make the game more complex to justify cutting so many characters, though that sounds unlikely. Either that, or they lean super heavily into whatever gimmick the next console pushes.

Who even is the target market for this

>Sonic
>No good games
Someone has never owned a Genesis.

They will probably just introduce new 3rd parties and switch it up. Obviously there is no way every single character from Ultimate will come back for the next smash, but there are plenty of characters that could replace them

Also you're dumb if you think Sonics ever getting removed

>Dead series
Irrelevant to a character getting in or not

>Series with no good games
you're not fitting in pretend FF VII is bad

>Who gives a shit?
I dunno, Bayonetta fans, DQ fans and Persona fans? Are you handicapped?

the next Smash will be a 3D fighter ala Powerstone with only 1/3rd of Ultimate's current roster

Attached: barrel cannon.gif (480x270, 707K)

It's called Smash 3D similar to Power Stone

Attached: 1559862834310m.jpg (1020x1024, 124K)

Based. Beat me to it.

Because they built the game up from Smash 4. If they start from scratch, theres absolutely no way 55 characters would be feasible. You'd be lucky to get 30 in the base game.

Mega Man is being revived as we speak