Never forget the worst roster ever

Never forget the worst roster ever

Attached: shitty roster.jpg (1200x675, 154K)

Mario Golf 64 was worse, there are more OC's than actual Mario characters.

The four hidden characters at the bottom are OC's as well.

Attached: MG64EURCharacterSelect.png (320x239, 37K)

It's bloated but it's not missing that much aside from Diddy & Birdo

Why did they add so many OC babies and Pink Gold Peach? Why did they charge powerups as DLC? Why did the Inklings get in over mainstays like Diddy Kong and Birdo?

Uhh you mean one of the best? It doesn't have ROB but 8 colors for Shy Guys was awesome

I remember unlocking char after char, not knowing a lot about the game, and it being another koopaling or a recolour of a char already ingame

;_;

OCs are better than what Mario Kart 8 has

jesus christ did the game really need a mario, racoon mario, baby mario and metal mario? Or a peach, cat peach, baby peach, and metal peach?

Cut the Kooplings
Cut the babies
Cut the recolors
Cut the retarded shit that has no relation with the Marioverse

Attached: 1530329264513.jpg (252x250, 7K)

fix'd

Attached: fixd.png (1200x675, 1.49M)

This, minus the last part. Don't really mind guest characters, but the palette swaps got to go

>the good
- Waluigi is back.
- The Koopalings are all great.

>the bad
- Five babies.
- Metal recolors of Mario and Peach.
- Powerup versions of Mario and Peach.
- Four Generic avatars, two each from ACNL and Splatoon, and ACNL's Lighting.
- King Boo just looks like Boo.
- Missing a lot of great veterans like Diddy, Birdo, and Petey, and good potential newcomers like E. Gadd or Captain Syrup weren't added. Only real Mario newcomers that weren't a new version of a veteran were Koopalings.

>METAL MARIO
>B DASHER
>RED MONSTER
Are there any greater faggots than these?

Attached: behold, a man.jpg (600x396, 46K)

>Captain Syurp
I prefer the Ware cast instead, but more power to you I guess.

Don't forget bowser, skeleton bowser, and baby bowser.

Wario Land got a track in MK7 and Wario is based on his Wario Land persona. Captain Syrup is Wario's rival and best foil, she's been around since his first starring role.

The 3rd row ruins it, does anyone like the baby characters? Or the metal and tanuki varients? Remove those fuckers and add the DK cast, Diddy, Funky, Dixie, Cranky and K Rool.

I'm well aware of who she is. But like I said before, I prefer the Ware cast. They seem more fun and wacky in comparison.

Pink Gold Peach is because Japan fucking loves Metal mario, like they REALLY love metal mario. he has actual lore too, he crawled out of the oily puddle in Mario 64 that leads to hazy maze cave after mario jumped into it. so they just added a metal peach to go with him.

Also add E Gadd, Pauline and Petey Plant.

>he crawled out of the oily puddle in Mario 64 that leads to hazy maze cave after mario jumped into it. so they just added a metal peach to go with him.
D E E P E S T

L O R E

Attached: TWO.jpg (341x559, 22K)

if you removed all the babies except baby M&L, and added Diddy, Birdo and Falcon then it would be fine

I love the baby characters and always play as them
In my opinion Nintendo should just let you pick a variant for your character upon selecting it. So you can use lightweight mario (baby mario), medium weight mario (normal mario), heavy weight mario (metal mario) and so on

That's where you're mistaken

This roster has a lot of dumb shit in it, but it’s still good. Mario Tennis Aces is the better roster though.

>worst roster ever
*ahem*

Attached: 0cvwk1q3g4pz[1].png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

It's my opinion my dude. People can like who they want.

ahem ahem

Attached: ss_74fb74ae48ae3a8168c629b55901fcc3365af714.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Right but Syrup objectively gets into bigger and crazier antics with Wario

Attached: 1560628162459.jpg (1200x675, 194K)

It's literally only missing Fang

You forgot to cut Baby Bowser. We only need one Bowser. Cut Lakitu and Dry Bones too. We only need one Koopa Troopa.

Attached: trh9pj5.jpg (1200x675, 183K)

eh, only the third row is straight-up bad

I get cutting all the Koopa kids because their existence follows the Dark Pit effect of actively detracting from the game they're in simply by their obnoxious aura, but why the other characters.

>koopalings
>alts
You're effectively sayi g "Let's scrap all the work put into these classic characters that have different sizes, proportions, animations, and personalities. Let's scrap it all. Now instead, let's make them all reskins of a baby."
How can you even have an idea so stupid?
>muh slots
"Slots" aren't a thing.

Attached: 1559958993556.jpg (640x480, 38K)

wasn't the reason they added pink gold peach is for adding another heavy-weight female racer other than rosa

Do you think Bowser gets uncomfortable racing against a symbol of his own mortality?

They're a thing when you're trying to unlock characters.

It's a start. The row should be replaced by good choices though.

The Koopalings are a lot of fun. They're good characters.
>Dark Pit
>obnoxious aura
Don't you have a Smash thread to be in?

You are like a little baby, let me show you some real shit.

Attached: WhatTheFuckIsThis.jpg (750x422, 63K)

Koopalings are a big plus in Mario Kart 8. The only problem is that they're the ONLY newcomers to the game that aren't slightly altered versions of pre-existing characters.

Man people are fast to turn on something or someone. Back then people gave to Bowser Jr. for replacing the Koopalings and now people shit on Koopalings for even appearing in any game.

>Koopa kids
>their obnoxious aura
the koopalings were a very much beloved addition, i don't know what the fuck are you talking about user

Here to stay!

Attached: BabyMario&BabyLuigiCalamity.png (745x752, 330K)

*gave shit

babby mario and luigi are completely fine, in my opinon. the others need to go to gay baby jail tho

Those people are called autists.

Koopalings need to be a single slot. Give them a submenu to select which one you want, let them have their unique animations, and all that.
But for gods sake don't waste an entire row on basically the same character.
And don't make unlocking characters a chore because the game only spams those shits at you.

Let the old bastard in already.

Attached: Kamek.jpg (386x348, 12K)

Attached: 1546710186361.png (827x863, 1.12M)

Bowser Jr. is a different character, Bowser's son. But yeah, that roster is lazy.

Why are there rows that appear twice.

Every Koopaling is different though since they all have wildly different personalities and fit into different weight classes. Putting them into one square makes no sense.

just make smash kart racing already fuck

>giving a shit about slots
>in a fucking mario kart game

Jesus almighty christ. MK8 still has the most characters of any MK game, and it includes most characters from past games as well, outside of the few oddballs like Honey Queen and ROB.

It is objectively the best roster in the series, and cutting characters doesnt make it better.

Because Bowser Jr serves the same purpose as the Koopalings without taking up 7 spots in a game. Every Bowser Jr boos battle in a Mario game is 10x more imaginative than a single Koopaling fight. Mario Kart just turns it up to 11, there's absolutely no need to have 7 Koopalimgs when Junior fills that niche and doesn't take an obnoxious amount of space on the character select.

That's a retcon by the way. All of the Koopalings were designed to be Bowser's offspring.

Ludwig is always way more fun to face than Bowser Jr. I would argur Wendy, Iggy, and Lemmy are too. Each Koopaling is good because each of them has a lot of personality. Bowser Jr is basically just "Small Bowser" which is something only Larry already did, but with a less derivative design.

the very existence of this thread speaks volumes about people wanting another mario kart on the switch, right? maybe going with the smash bros route of adding some other nintendo all-stars too

Attached: 1531964294187.jpg (540x803, 71K)

Bowser Jr. nowadays seems to focus on using machines. I mean he was always sorta doing that stuff but now it seems to be his main gimmick. In Smash and Tennis he doesn't even get out of the clown car.

Mario Kart fans would rather see Mario characters added. There is a huge list of stand-out Mario characters from the series history that aren't in games anymore, and Mario fans want to see them included again somehow.

> no Nabbit
> only 1 Warioware character
> 4 SMRPG characters and only 2 of them are worth a shit
> uneven amount of Mario & Luigi characters
> Luma as a standalone character
> literally who fairy and random bosses from obscure Mario games
Fuck this roster sucks

So he doesn't do anything the Koopalings do. Unless you count his machines as aping the Koopaling mechs in Yoshi's Safari.

When you think about it, it's odd how many Mario characters there've been that were just sort of left behind.

Attached: 180px-Foreman_Spike_(Mario_Character_Encyclopedia).png (180x185, 49K)

Keep it Mario only. There's no need to dilute the roster with even more guest characters.

I'm currently looking forward to Crash Team Racing since Mario Kart 8 is almost 6 years old and very stale at this point

>Why yes, my first Mario game was Sunshine, how did you know?

personally, i wouldn't see anything wrong with adding like captain falcon to the roster

Should've called it Wario Golf

read the fucking post nigger
my gripe with "slots" is only in terms of functionality. Keep all your gay turtles but don't make them take up a quarter of the screen. Its the same as if shyguy recolors each had their own spot

Nah, Baby Mario, Luigi and Peach can stay. Replace Baby Daisy and Rosalina with Baby Wario and DK, since they're actual characters in the Mario Universe and are not just pallete swaps.

Anti-babyfags seething

Attached: Untitled.png (1200x675, 1.53M)

My three favorites are there so i don't give a shit

>no Nabbit
Do we really need the Wii U version of Croco?
>only 1 Warioware character
Do you want an entire row of WarioWare characters? Not a bad idea actually.
>4 SMRPG characters and only 2 of them are worth a shit
They're all great. Could even stand to add a few more.
>uneven amount of Mario & Luigi characters
What did he mean by this?
>Luma as a standalone character
What's wrong with that? He was Mario's partner in Super Mario Galaxy.
>literally who fairy and random bosses from obscure Mario games
All of which have great designs and personalities, and depict games a lot of people love dearly.

Of course Yea Forums's idea of fixing the roster is to just remove stuff. I can't imagine being so retarded that extra characters is seen as a bad thing and you unironically want less to choose from.

Attached: 1560199582990.jpg (387x461, 24K)

No it isn't.

I really don't like that Nintendo is insisting on turning this game into Smash Kart.
All these nonmario characters need to go away and stay gone.

Attached: lemmy.png (185x268, 108K)

What are some tracks you'd like to see?

yes it is
theyre all gay turtles
>wow one is fat
>wow one is a girl
>wow one is retarded

theyre all gay turtles at the end of the day

>removes players
>doesn't fill in other racers
you don't get to make decisions at work, do you?

Based Lemmybro. A series as long running and popular as Mario should celebrate all of its history, since there are fans of all of it. Even the most obscure games and characters. The guests in Mario Kart 8 are shallow and boring garbage, and I say that as a huge fan of Animal Crossing.

Attached: 1446369553486.gif (286x457, 499K)

Never forget the worst rooster ever

Attached: 123.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

brand new or returning

Only real problem is the size of the roster. The only character I don't want in there is Zavok.
So it's definitely far from the worst roster.

Attached: blaze.png (635x670, 177K)

Something based in the BeanBean Kingdom.

I'd agree, except when it comes to Mario characters they're already down to babies and metals. If they can't think of actual good additions from within Mario, an Inkling is the least of our worries.

This, cut all Koopas. Fuck the Koopas. Bowser is just a big turtle.

Because Nintendo is fucking retarded.

New ones.

I'm going to be honest, at this point it's kind of charming how bizarre Mario Kart rosters get. Maybe if you're a hardcore rosterfag it's bad but look at this shit.

>DS adds Dry Bones and ROB
>Wii adds Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser and Funky Kong
>7 adds Metal Mario, Lakitu, Wiggler and fucking Honey Queen while running out of time/space/whatever for Waluigi
>8 is OP

I doubt we'll see core Mario characters like Jr. get cut again, but who knows what inane characters will show up as newcomers next time.

It's not that they're "down to" babies and metals. The Mario series has a massive catalogue of stand-out characters to choose from. The problem is that they didn't use any of them and is instead went the easy route, making reskins of pre-existing characters.

Something Mario Party-based, especially one of the older ones.

a sugar rush crossover

I can think of numerous Mario characters we haven't seen in ages off the top of my head.
I feel like they just don't want to add them because they think appealing to the smashfags might be a better investment of their time.

I dunno man, a retarded character from a game hardly anyone has played seems to be right up a Smashfag's alley.

That leaves 18 vacant spaces, who should replace them?

1. Paratroopa
2. Diddy Kong
3. King K. Rool
4. Funky Kong
5. Wiggler
6. Birdo
7. Petey Piranha
8. Piranha Plant?
9. Pauline
10. Monty Mole
11. Chain Chimp
12. Spike
13. Kamek
14. Luma

Can't think of more...

Wait
>Metal Mario
Based

>making reskins of pre-existing characters
the babies aren't reskins, come on now

Ohnonononononono Mario Kartbros BTFO

>pic related PLUS Spyro the Dragon and Baby T as free DLC with even more characters on the way via tourneys that also introduce brand new original tracks
>"Baby Crash" and "Baby Coco" on the way but they're actually just regular unevolved bandicoots that take the piss out of Mario Kart's babies
>each character here has a submenu with at least two recolor skins and two costume skins, the latter which would be considered its own character in mario kart lol

Attached: 1560295072578.png (664x946, 890K)

You're in for a rude awakening when you find out CTR was actually shit, and love for it is just lingering sour grapes from kids who only had a PS1.

They had such a hard on for adding in baby characters but forgot the most important one, baby yoshi

If anything they should double down on that, having more track and character variety can only be beneficial.

>I can think of numerous Mario characters we haven't seen in ages off the top of my head.
Which ones did you have in mind? I can think of a bunch too but I was just curious what you had in mind.

You clearly aren't a fan of the Mario series.

Here's your free space Nintendo.

Attached: 1560628162459asf.png (1200x675, 1014K)

Baby Daisy and Baby Roslaina are reskins of Baby Peach.

>remove Metal Mario
>keep Dry Bowser as a separate character

Is the free space your skull?

That art style is repulsive and so are a lot of the characters. Isn't Crash supposed to be really cartoony and zany?

>bowser jr. is separated from the rest of the koopalings
either you make all of them only one character or you don't

Start naming some stand-out characters who didn't make the cut. I doubt they'll pull from offshoots like Paper Mario and Mario RPG, though. So if you want a 3D Admiral Bobbery I don't think that's in the cards.

>memorable Mario enemy
>wacky unique noises
>a unique animation that reflect the character when it gets hit by am item
>unique boost animation that makes it look like it's surfing while it's other hands are on the steering wheel
>gets dropped for 5 babies and four mario/peach pallet swaps

Attached: Wiggler_Driving.jpg (399x239, 43K)

happy wiggler wednesday

>all literally whos

Fuck you, I like Ludwig.

the best characters are always npc mooks
protag and babyfags out

Kamek.
E. Gadd.
Captain Syrup.
Geno and Mallow from Super Mario RPG.
Mouser, Birdo, and Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2.
The three Sarasaland Kings and Tatanga from Super Mario Land.

Wiggler is a definite good choice. As long as he keeps his temper issues.

Dry Bomber Snakers from DS

i can only see kamek, gadd and birdo having some real chance in a future installment

Shy Guy will always be my go-to in anything he's playable in.

Attached: hei ho dance.gif (234x197, 767K)

>Ralf and Mature are there
Nope. This is already better.

If SSB can afford to include Mallow and Geno in their game, then surely the more profitable Mario Kart can add them as racers.

Attached: 1531740238734.png (600x900, 977K)

How you can tell a Roster is shit
>It adds WarioWare characters
>It adds RPG characters like Geno or Fawful
>Its adds DK characters outside of the main Kongs.

Mario's cast is already huge without adding tertiary universes into it. Thats why NPC characters like Shy Guy and Drybones are the best. Fuck off with your Ashley and Jimmy T suggestions.

Why is Mario Tennis Ace roster so much better?
BASED. This game looks fucking N sane.

for me, its koopa

Attached: 217414.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Agreed. I always played the Koopa in the original. I like Paratroopa and Dry Bones whenever they're available.

Replace Roy Koopa with Roy from Fire Emblem.

Yeah, that's the problem. Nobody has any confidence that the MK devs will play proper homage to the Mario series and add some nifty classic characters or underdog fan-favorites, and nobody has any reason to have confidence in them. They always go with the most predictable surface-level characters and a bunch of stupid clones. Best we'll get next time is Pauline, Baby Pauline, Spike, and Silver Luigi.

Or better yet make Roy Koopa the star of a Fire Emblem game

sorry for the literal deviantart-tier pic but this is a sensible roster for a mario sports spinoff. you can add firey pirahna or whatever the fire plant is called but this is what you can get, for nintendo

saying shit like "add captain syrup!!" isn't helping anybody, and this is coming from an old wario land head

Attached: roster.png (192x385, 148K)

cringe

I doubt Boo and Blooper or Chain Chomp would make the cut on account of being items.

>n-no stop localizing love of classic Mario characters because I say so!
Add Captain Syrup.

>Luma
It could share a kart with Rosalina maybe, but I don't think anyone has ever said "I want to play as a Luma!"

>Spike
Why?

He's solo in the Tennis games.

Still, I feel like we could do better.

I was one of them too, the worst part was the blisters I got from snaking which is why I hated other snakers so much. I'd only snake if there were other snakers.

Oh, agreed, but solo Luma is alright.

Because shallow, mindless, soulless patternfaggotry.

boo can always be present as king boo
have a rotten day

All the babies except for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi should get cut, as should the guests, Furry Mario and Furry Peach, and Pink Gold Peach.
Add characters like Petey and Funky back. Maybe add some more DKC characters. Fuck it, even add some Wario characters and maybe Poochie. Add "guest" characters from the Mario universe.

Soul.

You're replying to someone who very likely races exclusively on 50cc and still can't complete rainbow road because it's "impossible." You really think he knows anything about the underlying racer stats?

>All Koopalings
>Pink Gold Peach
>Babies
>Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach
>Metal + Gold Mario

Alright. Why the FUCK did they bloat this roster so much with all these filler characters when they could have just brought back characters people actually want, like Diddy Kong, Birdo, Funky Kong, and Petey Piranha.

Or maybe add some more interesting newcomers instead of just reskins and clones, like E. Gadd, Hammer Bro, Chargin Chuck, etc.

They had so many characters to choose from but instead they did this shit.

Attached: Funky.png (300x266, 87K)

Reminder that you will be getting another Luigi in MK9

Attached: gooigi-1-656x656.jpg (656x656, 36K)

i actually wouldn't mind gooigi

I want to touch plum's plums

C'mon user. Don't justify reskins.

Dry Bowser is based stfu

sorry lad, gooigi is too fucking weird for me to not actually like it

Attached: flub.jpg (312x445, 41K)

>Gooigi
>not Goo Luigi
Too unique for Mario Kart standards. Enjoy Silver Luigi instead.

At lease Gooigi is an actual character

>Rosalina is canonically thicc

Reminder that Rosalina is the same size as Peach and Daisy in MK8. The only difference is she has longer arms to reach the handle bars of the bigger ATVs in her weight class.

for

with all the guests in, they should just make nintendo kart at this point

i wanna marry that cat!!!

Attached: 1490911495091.png (1024x1448, 882K)

Super Smash Kart

Attached: blaze cat.png (1124x1024, 1.55M)

Courses are still mostly Mario themed. Nintendo kart would be cool but I think it's fine as a Mario kart with a few guest DLC characters.

A great game, but the roster is really shit compared to the first game. I don't mind Gum since shes different from Beat, but ones like Pudding and Reala shouldn't be there, especially taking over Billy or the Chuchus.

Attached: download.jpg (1024x576, 166K)

Should have added Toejam, Earl, Space Herrier, and Arle.

>No Billy Hatcher
>No Opa Opa
>No Chu Chus
>No Ristar
>But Yogcast Man,Danica and Ralph get to be in

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg (800x450, 18K)

It added Joe Musashi, though. And he's on a quad. It's like he was made just for me.

That's Jiro Musashi using Joe's name.

Yogcast dude is shit, and Sega knows it. He's not included in the game bundle with DLC. You have to go out of your way to buy him.
Danica Patrick helped fund the game, and Ralph came from the deal where Sonic is in his movies.

>what is soul calibur V

they say this about every game. more is bad on Yea Forums. they want fewer characters, shorter games, smaller maps. i don't get it.

>Isabelle
>Inkling Girl
>FUCKING METAL MARIO
>"""""""""""WORST""""""""""""

fuck you.

>A great game
no

honestly i think 6 might be worse. there's absolutely no surprises or ambition in it, and yet it's still missing characters people want.

>all bad characters
Mario Kart literally created a robot Mario made by E Gadd and where stuck playing as Mario painted metal? What a gyp.

Needs Leon (RE), Axl (MMX), Ken (SF) and Guile (SF) along with the X-Men

It looks like a fun mechanic, but the mechanic is null and void in a kart racer.

>best roster
>best karts
>best tracks
>an actual battle mode
>all those custom courses to dick around with your friends in
When did you accept that mario kart wii is the best?

Attached: CharacterSelect-MKWii.png (1200x900, 434K)

The next Mario Kart needs to take a damned lesson from CTR: Nitro-Fueled. Characters with alternate skins that are representative of other ways they've looked in games before. Skeleton Bowser should be an alt skin for regular Bowser, as is Metal Mario for Mario. There's so much they could pull from, but Nintendo has done just above the bare minimum in terms of racer choice

Attached: 1523578083527.png (397x318, 77K)

I'll never not be mad that they didn't add Captain Falcon as a playable character.

Because all Funky Flame Rider mode sucks.

>When did you accept that mario kart wii is the best?
it has terrible fucking balance with the bikes and funky being better than 90% cast. also the framerate sucks big cocks, it was something that even my retarded teenager brain could notice at the time

Mario tennis 64 and double dash also had OCs
They were called waluigi and toadette

Funky was just added because he was an easy reskin of DK. At least each Koopaling was created from the ground up. I would love to see Funky return, though.

>Cut the Kooplings
You retard.

The characters affect the stats of the carts you retards.
Plus baby luigi makes the best cart combos.

>lists differences in personality and SIZE
>OLOLOLOL LIDERALY SAYM KARAKTERS
You retard.

what's odd is how daisy is allowed to stick around even though nintendo quite clearly has zero intention of ever remaking or revisiting Sarasaland. Like doesn't her kingdom need her or anything? Is she just never going back?

>I really don't like that Nintendo is insisting on turning this game into Smash Kart.
holy shit how many fucking games have you had with just mario characters lighten the fuck up

they add a couple guests in MK8 and everyone flips their shit calling it "smashkart", like god forbid we get some variety.

even if it did become smash kart, i've seen people asking for that to be a thing for years.

>best roster
Literally the same as 8DX, but with Funky Kong and FAR fewer characters.

>best karts
Again, FAR fewer than 8DX and laughably unbalanced.

>best tracks
Absolutely not at all. ALSO far fewer than 8DX.

>an actual battle mode
8DX has a much more robust battle mode, and it can be played online.

Wii was mediocre and in the lower half of the series.

What's this autism? It's by far the best kart racer ever.

Lol, no it isn't. I love it, but MK8DX, DKR, and SASASRT are all better by a huge margin. But the remake is looking good.

- Sarasaland with UFOs and shit from Mario Land
- Freezeezy Peak from Banjo Kazooie
- Luigi's Mansion

How the fuck have E. Gadd and Doctor Mario never been in these fucking Mario crossover games

You mean Lemmy

Shhh, it's okay. CTR is definitely good.
And Crash Bash is just as good as Mario Party. Just go to sleep.

XII was them trying out the new sprites and it shows.

>The characters affect the stats of the carts you retards.
We all know that numbfuck, that doesn't mean you can't have actual unique characters using those stats. How anyone actually defends having 4 different marios in the same game is beyond me.

I never realized how fun the item customization is when racing with friends. Have you ever tried a bananas only match? It sounds really lame, but it's fun as fuck because there ends up being SO many on the track, and you end up having to be a lot more strategic since it's the only item you can rely on.

>Metal Mario, baby mario, cat mario, and regular mario are all the same
ISHYGDDT

Odyssey track that isn't New Dong City with One Up Girl in background music.
Steam Garden, Tostarena or Bowser samurai style castle would be cool.

what is this even trying to say?

>Bowser samurai style castle
this can definitely be the new bowser's castle track

Misuse of ISHYGDDT, you'd want ISHYGDTT or
>Thinking Metal Mario, baby mario, cat mario, and regular mario are all the same
ISHYGDDT
Dumb newfag